Page 45 of 94 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 93 94
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Oh.

Carry on, then.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

Colonel
100+ posts
Colonel
100+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
im not sure i had one. [a point]

buck up, son.

Don't appease Iran.

Wow you guys are getting really pathetic, deleating my sig like that.

"We don't delete threads here. BSAMS and mxy are enough of a deterrent for mods abusing their powers like that." - Joe mama; De Jure[
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
so whomod is saying Obama has the integrity of Ollie North? that's a winning platform!

few posts
few posts
don't worry bsams, Sam the butcher doesn't like those people either.

Colonel
100+ posts
Colonel
100+ posts
so whomod is saying Obama has the integrity of Ollie North? that's a winning platform!

These colors don't run.

Wow you guys are getting really pathetic, deleating my sig like that.

"We don't delete threads here. BSAMS and mxy are enough of a deterrent for mods abusing their powers like that." - Joe mama; De Jure[
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Obama wins Oregon, moves to brink of nomination

By DAVID ESPO and SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writers 36 minutes ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Barack Obama stepped to the brink of victory in the Democratic presidential race Tuesday night, defeating Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Oregon primary and moving within 100 delegates of the total he needs to claim the prize at the party convention this summer.

"You have put us within reach of the Democratic nomination," he told cheering supporters in Iowa, the overwhelmingly white state that launched him, a black, first-term senator from Illinois, on his improbable path to victory last January.

Obama lavished praise on Clinton, his rival in a race unlike any other, and accused Republican John McCain of a campaign run by lobbyists.

"You are Democrats who are tired of being divided, Republicans who no longer recognize the party that runs Washington, independents who are hungry for change," he said, speaking to a crowd on the grounds of the Iowa Capitol in Des Moines as well as the millions around the country who will elect the nation's 44th president in November.

Clinton countered with a lopsided win in Kentucky, a victory with scant political value in a race moving inexorably in Obama's direction.

The former first lady vowed to remain in the race, telling supporters, "I'm more than determined than ever to see that every vote is cast and every ballot is counted."

The increasingly delusional Hillary must hate it. Here she's blowing more and more money she doesn't have to manufacture momentum which doesn't exist and the aP says it "has scant political value". (hello? MEM?) And only a few days earlier, Obama generated a record setting crowd with no effort.

Now McCain dumping 5 advisers is noteworthy. Seeing as how he did it almost on the eve of Obama getting the majority of delegates. Now if Hillary had a chance in hell anymore, McCain would have done no such thing as lobbyists and foreign agents on his payroll would not be an issue much seeing as how she's just as guilty.

McCain had some real doozies though. Agents for the Saudi's? If Obama had those on his staff, you'd hear the right howl about how Obama is an enemy Arab puppet.

On the face saving "straight talking" chopping block, Lead McCain fundraiser, Tom Loeffler, a registered foreign agent, who’s company made almost $15 million from Saudi Arabia and helped the European airplane maker get a Pentagon contract after McCain helped to kill a Boeing contract.

Also gone, convention chief, Doug Goodyear, a lobbyist, to help Myanmar regime’s while the Myanmar regime denounced "American falsehoods", as he can tell them.

Doug Davenport, a regional manager for McCain is also gone, he also took that regime’s money and McCain energy policy adviser, Eric Burgeson, gone after we learned his works as a lobbyist for, surprisingly enough, energy companies.

McCain’s top adviser, Charlie Black, called the uproar, “complete inside the beltway nonsense.” Black himself was a lobbyist up until this March. He did some of his lobbying by phone, for a literally on board the “straight talk express,” that’s why they call it straight talk. His client list included, in order of repulsive to disgusting, Ferdinand Marcos; Mobutu Sese Seko, Angolan terrorist, Jonas Savimbi, Somali warlord, Mohammed Sayed Bakri (ph), Nigerian dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, and Iraq war monger, starter and "Curveball enthusiast; Ahmad Chalabi and of course, the friends of Blackwater.

By the calculations of the government watchdog group, Public Citizen, McCain only has 54 remaining lobbyists left in his campaign.

whomod #945762 2008-05-21 10:42 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the few states remaining it doesn't appear that Obama can actually cross the "finish line". So it's looking like what is within reach is unreachable. Guess it's up to the supers to decide at the convention.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the few states remaining it doesn't appear that Obama can actually cross the "finish line". So it's looking like what is within reach is unreachable. Guess it's up to the supers to decide at the convention.

At the convention?

Why would they wait that long? I thought Hillary's entire point was that she wanted all the states to vote. That part is almost over. In fact it's already over as she can't possibly catch up now no matter when or what the supers decide.

whomod #945793 2008-05-21 2:12 PM
25+ posts
25+ posts
But Hillary won Michigan and Florida. Those states have a right to be heard!!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper notes that Obama's Inability to Hire Good Help Rears Its Head … Again:
  • We started covering Sen. Barack Obama's inability to hire good staffers in June 2007, when he blamed staffers for some opposition research trying to link Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, to outsourcing in India; for injecting some venom in the David Geffen/Hillary Clinton fight; and for missing an event with firefighters in New Hampshire.

In December, we noted again that Obama was blaming the answers on a 1996 questionnaire on a staffer; and was blaming his touring with "cured" ex-gay gospel singer Donnie McClurkin (which antagonized gays and lesbians) on bad vetting by his staff.

Those five buck-passing incidents were apparently not enough.

Yesterday, we learned that in 2004 some Jewish supporters became alarmed to learn that in a questionnaire Obama refrained from denouncing Yasir Arafat, or from expressing strong support for Israel's security fence. Mr. Obama blamed a staff member for the oversight.

In January, Obama was asked about a document put together by one of his South Carolina staffers that listed comments made by the Clinton campaign that some perceived to be attempting to stoke racial fires. "Our supporters, our staff get overzealous," Obama said.

In February in a meeting with the Chicago Tribune, Obama was asked about an earmark that went to the University of Chicago while his wife Michelle Obama worked there.

"...something that slipped through our cracks, through our screening system.”

In a March 2008 interview with the Chicago Sun-Times to answer questions about Tony Rezko, Obama was asked about the fact that Obama had told the newspaper in November 2006 that he had never been asked to do anything to advance Rezko's business interests. But the Sun-Times had subsequently learned about a October 28, 1998 letter Obama wrote to city and state housing officials on behalf of a housing project for seniors that Rezko was working on.

Responded Obama: "I wasn't even aware that we wrote the letter... I wasn’t a decision maker in any of this process.”

The Sun-Times also pointed out that in November 2006 Obama estimated that Rezko had raised somewhere between $50,000 and $60,000 for him during his political career. But since that answer, Obama has given back almost $160,000 in Rezko-related contributions.

"The original estimate was based on, I asked my staff to find what monies they attributed to Rezko, and this was the figure given to me," Obama said.

So, for those keeping track at home, that's ten instances of Obama publicly blaming his staff for various screw-ups.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

(You of course could also add Austan Goolsbee, Samantha Power, Gordon Fischer, and retired Gen. Tony McPeak.)

That would be 14. We will continue to keep track.

And for the record, yet again, let me state that I find Sen. Obama's staff unfailingly competent and polite, courteous and efficient, and I once again express my regret that Sen. Obama does apparently not feel the same way.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Oregan only voted for Obama cause they are a bunch of keffer lovers.

I bet if we were still allowed to brain wash children with the pledge of allegiance McCain could beat Obama and Hillary.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper notes that Obama's Inability to Hire Good Help Rears Its Head … Again:
  • We started covering Sen. Barack Obama's inability to hire good staffers in June 2007, when he blamed staffers for some opposition research trying to link Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, to outsourcing in India; for injecting some venom in the David Geffen/Hillary Clinton fight; and for missing an event with firefighters in New Hampshire.

In December, we noted again that Obama was blaming the answers on a 1996 questionnaire on a staffer; and was blaming his touring with "cured" ex-gay gospel singer Donnie McClurkin (which antagonized gays and lesbians) on bad vetting by his staff.

Those five buck-passing incidents were apparently not enough.

Yesterday, we learned that in 2004 some Jewish supporters became alarmed to learn that in a questionnaire Obama refrained from denouncing Yasir Arafat, or from expressing strong support for Israel's security fence. Mr. Obama blamed a staff member for the oversight.

In January, Obama was asked about a document put together by one of his South Carolina staffers that listed comments made by the Clinton campaign that some perceived to be attempting to stoke racial fires. "Our supporters, our staff get overzealous," Obama said.

In February in a meeting with the Chicago Tribune, Obama was asked about an earmark that went to the University of Chicago while his wife Michelle Obama worked there.

"...something that slipped through our cracks, through our screening system.”

In a March 2008 interview with the Chicago Sun-Times to answer questions about Tony Rezko, Obama was asked about the fact that Obama had told the newspaper in November 2006 that he had never been asked to do anything to advance Rezko's business interests. But the Sun-Times had subsequently learned about a October 28, 1998 letter Obama wrote to city and state housing officials on behalf of a housing project for seniors that Rezko was working on.

Responded Obama: "I wasn't even aware that we wrote the letter... I wasn’t a decision maker in any of this process.”

The Sun-Times also pointed out that in November 2006 Obama estimated that Rezko had raised somewhere between $50,000 and $60,000 for him during his political career. But since that answer, Obama has given back almost $160,000 in Rezko-related contributions.

"The original estimate was based on, I asked my staff to find what monies they attributed to Rezko, and this was the figure given to me," Obama said.

So, for those keeping track at home, that's ten instances of Obama publicly blaming his staff for various screw-ups.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

(You of course could also add Austan Goolsbee, Samantha Power, Gordon Fischer, and retired Gen. Tony McPeak.)

That would be 14. We will continue to keep track.

And for the record, yet again, let me state that I find Sen. Obama's staff unfailingly competent and polite, courteous and efficient, and I once again express my regret that Sen. Obama does apparently not feel the same way.

Change you can trust!

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: G-man-'s linked article

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Quote:

25+ posts
25+ posts
I don't know why you morons are laughing. You should be brainwashing your kids and destroying all incriminating documents for the Republican party. You can laugh as soon as we fuck up the world.

I'm Very Disappointed In You Boys!
100+ posts
I'm Very Disappointed In You Boys!
100+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Genocidal Asshole
I don't know why you morons are laughing. You should be brainwashing your kids and destroying all incriminating documents for the Republican party. You can laugh as soon as we fuck up the world.

Sorry to correct you, dear, but don't you mean: "You can laugh as soon as we finish fucking up the world?"

I think you do.

Love,
Mommy

What's A Mother To Do?
25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: YourMommy

Sorry to correct you, dear, but don't you mean: "You can laugh as soon as we finish fucking up the world?"

I think you do.

Love,
Mommy

Don't be thinking you can correct me, madam. Unless your tits touch the floor and are registered as lethal weapons then you're not my mother.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

i'm not the decision maker.

25+ posts
25+ posts

i'm not the decision maker.

Of course not, I am. And as a good American patriot you'll blindly obey me.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Hillary today reportedly invoked Bobby Kennedy's June assassination as reason it's too early for her to concede in May.

The New York Post:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton today brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Clinton made her comments at a meeting with the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader's editorial board while campaigning in South Dakota, where she complained that, "People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa."

Just when you think this shrew can go no lower...

It's almost like some subtle call to arms for some of her appalachian crazies.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
assassinations aside the two examples she had (clinton and kennedy) referred to when california's primary was in june. this year it was in february so her point is invalid.

Bow ties are coool.
Bringer of Change
400+ posts
Bringer of Change
400+ posts
This just in-- The Crystal Skulls belongs to an alien. Also, Mutt is Indy's son.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Is yoda ass fucking our lord and savior?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
assassinations aside the two examples she had (clinton and kennedy) referred to when california's primary was in june. this year it was in february so her point is invalid.

Her point was that it's not always a case where presidential candidates get early corronations before the convention. There have been times where it's gone into June. This is the first time however, I've seen so much effort & nastiness to push a candidate out. The excuse is it's about unifying the party but it's the efforts that started even before PA to get Hillary to drop out that's hurting the party. Obama supporters may get their guy the nomination but it will be pyrrhic victory.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-05-23 8:00 PM.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Is yoda ass fucking our lord and savior?

It's been asked elsewhere but...

MY GOD, what is your guys' obsession with homosexual sex??

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Whats with your obsession with youtube links and shitting on dead soldiers?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
It's a valid question.

So far I can think of only G-Man, Wondy, Ray, and TheBastard as being the only people who aren't endlessly fascinated by discussing bath houses, cock sucking and the like.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You should try reading more of their posts.

25+ posts
25+ posts
My empire will defeat the evil, compassionate, left wing softies.

Heh heh heh.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I did. I have to go to work right now but if not it'd be real easy to quote a bunch of posts, and not just from recently, where gay sex is discussed ad naseum. It's pathological!

Now back to the subject at hand.

While this obviously will be devastating to Hillary, Obama at least should benefit from this being Hillary's last desperate straw that'll sway the final supers his way. and more importantly, comparing Obama to RFK, however tasteless and frankly, disgusting, will hopefully remind the boomer generation of the last time there was a candidate that advocated real substantial social change and how they supported that candidate wholeheartedly.

Being compared to RFK, especially after getting endorsed by Ted Kennedy and having HIM compare Obama to RFK himself, is not a bad place to be actually. So Hillary may have inadvertently helped him with boomers by reminding them of the unfulfilled promise of the Kennedy campaign.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

Her point was that it's not always a case where presidential candidates get early corronations before the convention. There have been times where it's gone into June. This is the first time however, I've seen so much effort & nastiness to push a candidate out. The excuse is it's about unifying the party but it's the efforts that started even before PA to get Hillary to drop out that's hurting the party. Obama supporters may get their guy the nomination but it will be pyrrhic victory.

but she pointed to two examples where that victory was in the california primary which was held in june. at this point the big primaries are over. her analogy is faulty. it's like if bush defended his record vacation days in the first few months of office by saying "well in the old days no president started work before march" which overlooks that the innaugaration used to be march 4th.

Bow ties are coool.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
I have to log into my alts right now but if not it'd be real easy to quote a bunch of posts, and not just from recently, where gay sex is discussed ad naseum. It's pathological!

25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
I'm a dumbass troll who knows absolutely nothing

Last edited by David Canary; 2008-05-23 9:13 PM.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You had to edit your edit of my post. I win again!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I did. I have to go to work right now but if not it'd be real easy to quote a bunch of posts, and not just from recently, where gay sex is discussed ad naseum. It's pathological!

Now back to the subject at hand.

While this obviously will be devastating to Hillary, Obama at least should benefit from this being Hillary's last desperate straw that'll sway the final supers his way. and more importantly, comparing Obama to RFK, however tasteless and frankly, disgusting, will hopefully remind the boomer generation of the last time there was a candidate that advocated real substantial social change and how they supported that candidate wholeheartedly.

Being compared to RFK, especially after getting endorsed by Ted Kennedy and having HIM compare Obama to RFK himself, is not a bad place to be actually. So Hillary may have inadvertently helped him with boomers by reminding them of the unfulfilled promise of the Kennedy campaign.

I'm not sure where your seeing Hillary linking Obama to RFK. If you read what she said RFK's assination is only brought up because she was talking about campaigns going into June. How do you see more than that?

And let's not forget that she's talking about past campaigns going into June because sometimes they have. It's never been such a big deal before either. Nor do early picks equate to winners. Remember Kerry? While I understand Obama's supporters wanting their candidate to have the nomination, he's not entitled to it & there is a process to winning it.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Hillary today reportedly invoked Bobby Kennedy's June assassination as reason it's too early for her to concede in May

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

It's almost like some subtle call to arms for some of her appalachian crazies.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't really mean to hint that someone should kill Barack Hussein Obama.

However, the remark is still completely indefensible. At best, she's invoking the hypothetical assassination of a former candidate mere days after that candidate's brother was diagnosed with cancer as a wildly desperate justification for staying in the race.

If it wasn't calcuated in the way whomod theorizes, it's still so wildly insensitive and stupid as to seriously damage any remaining credibility she had as a candidate for any high political office.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
but she pointed to two examples where that victory was in the california primary which was held in june. at this point the big primaries are over. her analogy is faulty. it's like if bush defended his record vacation days in the first few months of office by saying "well in the old days no president started work before march" which overlooks that the innaugaration used to be march 4th.

I see your point but there are still some left. Puerto Rico has the potential to give Hillary quite a bump in her popular vote total. The credentials committee decides May 31st if Michigan & Florida gets counted. Obama may make a slip that messes up presumed victories in the other two states left. Lot's of things left that could flip superdelegates & give Hillary the nomination.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
All of which, if true, should have been what she said today, NOT that Obama might get assassinated.

Page 45 of 94 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard