Originally Posted By: whomod
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

I thought about that when Whomod brought up the 50 state stratagy. The party kept two important swing states effectively shut out of a close nomination race. It's resulted in a tainted nomination. I wonder how damaging this ends up being in the general?

How did it do that MEM.

Both states broke the rules. Both states were hard and both states received resolution.

A part of me honestly wants Obama to pressure the DNC to seat the delegates 100% just so Hillary supporters would stop grasping at straws already. Even if he does that, IT DOESN'T MATTER. Obama is too far ahead of her anyways.

But the larger point is that they broke the rules and if no repercussions come from it, it'll only encourage other states to do likewise.

It's a given Obama will seat the delegations at 100% now that it isn't a threat to his nomination. As for tainting the nomination, two big states didn't have a say in a close race. By cutting them out it ended up helping one candidate over the other.

By punishing the voters who were not at fault, well you can talk about rules & feel good about them since it gave you the desired results, whatever but it's not going to make it OK for the Hillary supporter in Michigan who voted for who they wanted to in an official state primary & then have it erased to help the guy who removed his name off the ballot on purpose.

Fair play!