You know things are bad when even FOX feels the need to correct a lie from McCain:

Fox News' Shepard Smith:

Quote:
"I reported at the top of this hour that the campaign had told us at Fox News that the audience would be made up of Republicans, Democrats, and independents. We have now received a clarification from the campaign and I feel I should pass it along to you. The McCain campaign distributed tickets to supporters, Mayor Bloomberg, who of course is a registered Republican, and other independent groups." - Fox News, 6/12/08

4 MORE YEARS!!!!! (of manufactured news and lies)

Governor Howard Dean responds to the news:

Quote:
"Once again John McCain's campaign is trying to mislead the American people. Senator McCain should understand that after seven years of a President who has divided Americans and pursued a scorched earth policy full of misleading propaganda campaigns, we need a leader who understands he is the President for all Americans not just his supporters. If Senator McCain likes to brag so much about running a transparent campaign, why is he copying the Bush campaign model by stacking this event with his prescreened supporters? If that is John McCain's idea of straight talk, the American people are in for a long and disappointing campaign season."

Yeah, so basically FOX was duped into giving McCain an hour of free air time to campaign. Or, maybe FOX knew it all along, and since they couldn't legally donate an hour of free air time to help the Republican presidential candidate, they nudge-nudge-wink-wink were "tricked" by McCain into doing it. Oh no, not the briar patch!