Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
i was looking for a funny one and then google showed me these 4 and i just couldn't post only one.
your Eccleston pictures, however, aren't funny. In fact they seem a bit gay.

Mine just showcase the fire and intensity that Eccles brings to any moment. Meanwhile you're giving me David Tennant in drag. Who's The Gay now, eh? Eh? EH?!

Quote:
I'm just not really a fan of Colin Baker's work on the show and have to disagree with you.

.....I just threw-up a little blood in my mouth.....

Quote:
I think Tennant's performance is very layered. He always carries a certain sadness under the surface of his performance. I think his being frantic is him throwing himself into the exploration and the mystery, distracting himself from the lonliness and guilt he feels.

Whereas, I think he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and makes his "sadness" far too contrived and obvious. The Ninth Doctor had a core of survivor's guilt that was far more volatile and believable than Tennant getting teary-eyes for the seventeenth time...

Quote:
but shouldn't the Doctor have parts of past incarnations? The whole point of regeneration isn't starting over from scratch. Tennant may have attributes of past Doctors but he is also still very unique.

Not saying Tennant isn't unique, or that I don't like him. I'm just saying that the 9th Doctor gave us new facets of the Doctor not seen before. Tennant is giving us re-interpretations of previously seen facets of his character. Both are fine. But, in the end, I prefer the originality of Number 9's pain, over Number 10's mourning.

Quote:
No. He took an acting job that he thought would be interesting and then left the show before the first episode premiered.

And then Tennant jumped on the coat-tails of the fame Eccles created and rode it on. The fact remains, Eccles made the show what it is: Successful.

Quote:
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, I like his episodes, he's the first Doctor I really watched (not counting the 1996 movie). And you can judge quality based on quantity. It's easier to do quality in 13 episodes than it is to maintain quality for the 40 or so that Tennant has done.

So, thirteen chance to get it right, versus 40+ chance to get it right? Looks like Eccles had the harder job, and in comparison, was much more successful at it.

Quote:
Technically Davies "created" the ball.

No, "technically" Sydney Newman, Verity Lambert, and William Hartnell created the ball. Atheist.

Quote:
Just to be fair he ran the show and shaped what it is for better or worse. And I do like Eccleston, again he is the first Doctor I saw. But Tennant's a better actor. Look at their other roles. I've seen them in a few other things and Tennant is always different whereas Eccleston seems to be the same basic character. Maybe it's just me but I consider a good actor to be someone who has more than one way of acting. Again, maybe that's just me.

All I see is Tennant being zany as The Doctor, Tennant being zany as that guy in Harry Potter, Tennant being zany as Casanova, etc., etc.

You need to read the Bible, young man. This kind of satan-talk will get you nowhere...