Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38
In the Closet
25+ posts
In the Closet
25+ posts
By the way, whomod, using your logic, Barack Obama is a "drug addict," too.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22226198/

Billie Jean is not my lover.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
lots of action, some brief nudity, the ending left me feeling empty and unfulfilled.

Wow. Sort of like the Clinton administration.

still better than the English Patient mess that Bush has been.

Bow ties are coool.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Michael Jackson

I never thought I'd say this, but Michael Jackson makes a good point.

the G-man #973689 2008-06-20 3:19 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

G-man sides with the pedophile.
there's a shocker.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
personally i don't think alts should try to post seriously. especially not the celebrity alts created as one note jokes.

Bow ties are coool.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

there's a shocker.

doesnt disagreeing with whomod cancel that out though?

Irwin Schwab #973871 2008-06-20 6:21 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

there's a shocker.

doesnt disagreeing with whomod cancel that out though?

no. whomod is not a pedophile.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
he pummels the kiddos in every way except sexually, I guess.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

So much for the attack on Michelle Obama's patriotism.

C'Mon right wingers!!! Attack McCain's patriotism now!!!!

I guess Cindy McCain is going to have to go back on Good Morning America and rebuke her husband now.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
is that really the best you can come up with? one partial statement taken completely out of context? I'm surprised we ever expected any better of you.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
is that really the best you can come up with? one partial statement taken completely out of context? I'm surprised we ever expected any better of you.

weak
weak.
weak.

Originally Posted By: whomod

I guess Cindy McCain is going to have to go back on Good Morning America and rebuke her husband now.

As you can see from the clip, the statemnt was provided COMPLETELY in context. How is this any different from what Michelle Obama said? Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of our country. McCain said that he never loved our country before the age of 31. At least Mrs. Obama was proud of our country before, and she always loved our country. McCain not so much - let's face it, if John McCain didn't love America as an adult, he most certainly wasn't proud of her. And another thing. Michelle Obama is the candidate's WIFE. John McCain wants to be commander in chief of a country he didn't love.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
perhaps in the wonderful world between your ears you're absolutely correct. out here it looks a lot like you're reaching pretty desperately on this one. not that I find that unusual or anything.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Feared by the RKMB morons
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
perhaps in the wonderful world between your ears you're absolutely correct. out here it looks a lot like you're reaching pretty desperately on this one. not that I find that unusual or anything.

Sammitch not making a substantive argument? Just obnoxious insults?

This is a new one on me

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wank and Cry

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
3000+ posts
3000+ posts

Captain Rainbow BRIGHT loses again!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

weak
weak.
weak.

As you can see from the clip, the statemnt was provided COMPLETELY in context. How is this any different from what Michelle Obama said? Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was really proud of our country. McCain said that he never loved our country before the age of 31. At least Mrs. Obama was proud of our country before, and she always loved our country. McCain not so much - let's face it, if John McCain didn't love America as an adult, he most certainly wasn't proud of her. And another thing. Michelle Obama is the candidate's WIFE. John McCain wants to be commander in chief of a country he didn't love.

Originally Posted By: Wank and Cry

Sammitch not making a substantive argument? Just obnoxious insults?

This is a new one on me

He's just sad that they just lost one of their key attack weapons. Now whenever a right wing fuck tries to use Michelle Obama's quotes against Barack, all one needs to do is run the McCain tape.

Not a good day for the 4 More Years crowd!

Eat it sammitch!

whomod #974355 2008-06-21 8:59 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Factcheck.org:
  • Obama ...said...that "John McCain's campaign and the Republican National Committee are fueled by contributions from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs."

We find that to be a large exaggeration and a lame excuse. In fact, donations from PACs and lobbyists make up less than 1.7 percent of McCain's total receipts, and they account for only about 1.1 percent of the RNC's receipts.

Oopsie.

the G-man #974434 2008-06-22 1:39 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
From M E M's political news source of choice, an entry I find hard to argue with...

NBC's Williams heard McCain's attacks on Obama's economic plan, but didn't ask how McCain would pay for his tax cuts

...that Obama's new spending ( 1.4 trillion) is roughly equal to McCain's lost revenue through tax cuts (1.5 trillion).

Is it possible that McCain's tax cuts will result in more taxable revenue? That's been my observation in the past, that tax cuts result in increased business and jobs, which translate to more taxable income, that more than compensates the tax cuts.

Wonder Boy #974437 2008-06-22 1:48 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
because bush's tax cuts worked out so well....

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
http://www.bannerofliberty.com/BOL-2008MQC/5-12-2008.1.html

• Europe today has clearly lost its traditional leadership in world affairs. This was pointed out in a recent speech to CEOs by Herbert Meyer,who served in the Reagan administration as special assistant to the Director of Central Intelligence and vice chair of the CIA's National Intelligence Council. The war in Iraq is the first of four transforming events currently taking place in the world and a critical war for us to win. He describes that war as the third major attack by Islam on Western Civilization:

"Islam first attacked Western civilization in the 7th century, and later in the 16th and 17th centuries. By 1683, the Moslems (Turks from the Ottoman Empire) were literally at the gates of Vienna. It was in Vienna that the climatic battle between Islam and Western civilization took place.
    Interestingly, the date of that battle was September 11. Since then, Islam has not found a way to reconcile with the modern world.

"Today, terrorism is the third attack on Western civilization by radical Islam. To deal with terrorism, the U.S. is doing two things.
    First, units of our armed forces are in 30 countries around the world hunting down terrorist groups and dealing with them. This gets very little publicity.
    Second we are taking military action in Afghanistan and Iraq. These are covered relentlessly by the media. People can argue about whether the war in Iraq is right or wrong.
    However, the underlying strategy behind the war is to use our military to remove the radicals from power and give the moderates a chance.
    Our hope is that, over time, the moderates will find a way to bring Islam forward into the 21st century.
    That's what our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is all about. "

This understanding of the nature of the events of the 21st century, and the stakes we Americans have in those events is almost totally ignored by the media and both Democratic presidential candidates. Neither of them seem to have any understanding or interest in the historical aspects of what is occurring today. We really can no longer afford the time to make the kind of mistakes we made in the 1930s when Americans chose isolationism and allowed Hitler to seize most of Europe, which was unable to defend itself.

The situation is worse today. Europe is aging, not even producing enough children to maintain their cultures. With aging populations and few young people, dying nations have almost abandoned maintaining armies, which is why it is the American army and navy that are in the forefront of current events.

The 2008 election in which we will choose the next president, senate and House of Representatives may very well be America's last opportunity to get it right.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-candidates-iraq

Quote:
John McCain's stance on the war is unambiguous: He voted for it, supports the current enhanced U.S. troop presence in Iraq and vigorously opposes any timetable to withdraw.

The public's stance on the war is as equivocal as McCain's is not: A strong majority of Americans oppose it and believe it was wrong in the first place, but more find McCain better suited to handle Iraq than his Democratic presidential rival, Barack Obama.

"He's more experienced militarily," said Ann Burkes, a registered Democrat and retired third-grade teacher from Broken Arrow, Okla. "And I don't know if I agree with stay-the-course (policy), but I think the good probably outweighs the bad with him, experience-wise."

Burkes illustrates the conflicted voter, one who is as likely to be influenced by McCain's policy positions as by his personal biography as a former Navy pilot who spent more than five years in a North Vietnamese prison.
Independents believe McCain would handle Iraq better

For McCain, there is a major complication. Not all those voters who perceive him as stronger on Iraq say they will vote for him for president.

Unlike the 2004 presidential contest, this is not shaping up as a national security election. Neither the war nor terrorism is foremost in the public's mind. The economy and energy prices are the pre-eminent issues of the day. And on those, Obama has the edge.

Still, this hate-the-war, love-the-warrior strain runs through the American electorate. In a new Associated Press-Yahoo! News poll, more than one out of five of the respondents who said they opposed the war also said they support McCain for president. The sentiment does not discriminate by gender or by age. Most significantly, it splits independent voters in favor of McCain.

Respondents said McCain would do a better job in Iraq than Obama by a margin of 39 percent to 33 percent. Undergirding that response is a strong sentiment that McCain would be a better leader of the military than Obama. One out of three respondents said that description matched McCain "very well," whereas only one out of 10 said the same of Obama, who did not serve in the armed forces.

The Iraq findings track McCain's advantage on the issue of terrorism. Of those surveyed, more than twice as many believe McCain can better handle terrorism than Obama. As such, McCain is emerging clearly as a candidate of national security, a conventional role for a Republican.

The public's views about Iraq are especially notable because many voters appear to separate McCain's past record of support for the war from their perception of his performance as a military leader. What's more, it points to a potential Obama vulnerability.

Only 6 percent of those who say they will vote for Obama say McCain would do a better job on Iraq. But among "weak" Obama supporters, that figure rises to 15 percent. Moreover, among undecided voters, McCain is preferred 25 percent to 15 percent over Obama on Iraq.

Leeann Ormsbee, a registered Democrat from Waterford, Pa., believes the United States rushed to war, but now does not believe troops should simply withdraw. The 29-year-old self-employed house cleaner says she has never voted for a Republican. She might this time.

"I do believe that he will do better in Iraq," she said of McCain. "Because he's served in the military and he has said we can't just pull out. ... I think we're just kind of stuck with it now and we have to finish."

Republican pollster Neil Newhouse calls these voters "nose-holders."

"They don't like the fact that we're over there, they don't think the decision was the right one, but they understand that if we simply withdraw our troops it would leave things worse off," he said.

Aware that national security is one of McCain's strongest features, Democrats and their allies have tried to portray his Iraq stance as a mere continuation of President Bush's policy. They have seized on his comments earlier this year when he speculated that U.S. troops could remain in Iraq for 100 years. Though he was talking about a presence of non-combat troops akin to those in South Korea, the remark has been used against him in television commercials.

Earlier this month, McCain kicked off his general election advertising campaign with an ad that featured his and his family's military service and his years in captivity but cast him as a man with a distaste for war.

"Only a fool or a fraud talks tough or romantically about war," he says in the ad.

McCain supported the resolution in 2002 that allowed Bush to use force in Iraq. He later criticized then-Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld for his management of the war and went on to become one of the Senate's leading advocates of last year's buildup of troops. He has said he could envision troops withdrawing around 2013 but has refused to fix a date.

"We were losing in Iraq; now we're winning," he has said.

The troop expansion, which is about to end, has left Iraq safer and given Iraqi forces greater responsibility for security. But Pentagon and congressional reports issued this week also warned that the gains are delicate and could be reversed.
Democrats split on who would handle terrorism better

McCain's Iraq advantage could evaporate if violence and chaos resurface and U.S. casualties mount. Conversely, even greater successes in the country could make withdrawing troops more palatable.

Obama has argued that the troop buildup has not helped resolve Iraq's political problems. He wants to remove all combat brigades from Iraq within 16 months of becoming president. But he has said that if al-Qaida builds bases in Iraq, he would keep troops in the country or in the region to carry out "targeted strikes."

"As the American people get to know Obama and McCain better, they will see that the difference is Obama's desire to fundamentally change American policy in Iraq and John McCain wants to continue George Bush's policy," Obama spokesman Bill Burton said.

Democratic pollster Anna Greenberg said the evidence of improvements this year presents a double-edged sword for McCain and Obama.

"Obviously, people don't like the war in Iraq; they want it to be over and they don't like all the money we're spending there," she said. "On the other hand, people also don't want to retreat or lose. ... In 2006, (the public's view of the war) was much more clearly a net positive for Democrats. I think the landscape has changed."

At the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, which has also polled on Iraq and the presidential candidates, associate director Michael Dimock said the public has a perception that McCain "is not completely on board with Bush."

What's more, he said, Obama faces lingering concerns about his experience, about not being tested and about not having foreign policy experience -- themes Hillary Rodham Clinton pushed during their prolonged primary contest.

"What you see is that Americans themselves are conflicted about Iraq," he added. "They are very hesitant to say that we need to get out now. They understand the complexity of this situation."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Poor McCain. Doesn't he realize that he should be flip-flopping and pandering to people (like Obama) instead of taking a principled stand that might prove to be unpopular in the short term? Who does he think he is?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Gallup Poll: McCain and Obama are tied at 45%

Again, considering the unpopularity of the Republican brand right now, Obama should be 20 points ahead now.
But he's not.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/page/parade/patriotism/mccain
 Quote:
By Senator John McCain

Two of our greatest statesmen, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, took their last breaths on July 4, 1826, exactly 50 years after they presented America with our Declaration of Independence. They had been fellow revolutionaries, the closest of comrades, who went on to become bitter political rivals. Then, as the new era of the 1800s dawned, they reconciled, reminded of their old friendship and the momentous history they had made together. "Who shall write the history of the American revolution?" Adams asked Jefferson in one of the 158 letters they exchanged after they'd rediscovered their bonds. "Nobody," responded Jefferson, suggesting that while writers could understand the facts, they might never grasp the sacrifices.

We cannot know for certain, of course, if any later historian ever did succeed in writing a history of our revolution that would have impressed two of the greatest authors of the event. But more important to Adams and Jefferson was the question of whether future generations would prove worthy of the sacrifices our Founders had made to create this Republic. America's many accomplishments in the 182 years that have passed since their deaths, our rise as the most powerful and prosperous nation in history, would have, perhaps, exceeded their expectations. But would they still see in the spirit of our own age the same devotion to the ideals of our revolution? Would they find that love of country was just as strong in the hearts of today's Americans?

I believe they would. Patriotism is deeper than its symbolic expressions, than sentiments about place and kinship that move us to hold our hands over our hearts during the national anthem. It is putting the country first, before party or personal ambition, before anything. It is the willing acceptance of Americans, both those whose roots here extend back over generations and those who arrived only yesterday, to try to make a nation in which all people share in the promise and responsibilities of freedom.

I've spent a lot of time listening to veterans, talking to them, and also serving with them when we were young and at war. After their tours end, these soldiers, sailors, aviators, and Marines almost always return to the hard times, times of pain, suffering, loss, violence, and fear. They remember where they risked everything, absolutely everything, for the country that sent them there. It gives their lives special meaning. And it is the sacrifices of so many Americans, at home and abroad, in times of peace and times of war, that give meaning to all of us. We are blessed to be Americans, and blessed that so many of us have so often believed in a cause far greater than self-interest, far greater than ourselves. It is this belief that has sustained me as well, from a combat aircraft to a Vietnamese prison cell to the Senate floor or the campaign trail.

Today, politics is derided for its self-interest, combativeness, duplicity, and triviality. But such failings are not unique to our age. Both Adams and Jefferson lamented them in their own time. But that's the great beauty of our form of government, which they helped to create; it accounts for the vices of human nature as much as it hopes for our virtues. This blessed country remains a place of limitless horizons, a country where ideals, where a love of liberty and self-reliance still check the excesses of both government and man.

In return, the gift we can give back to our country is a patriotism that requires us to be good citizens in public office or in the community spaces where government is absent. We should, by all means, argue with each other, as did Adams and Jefferson, about the policies of government and the history we hope to make tomorrow. But it should be an argument among friends, who agree more than they disagree, each of us united in a cause larger than our individual interests, honestly debating the best means to serve that cause, and intent on finding some common ground upon which to overcome together the many challenges before us. To love one's country is to love one's countrymen. And if we are to replicate the spirit of our founding age, if we are to be genuine patriots, we must remember also that we are patriots because we love the countrymen we will never know, who will be born after we are gone.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Is he saying he could accept Barrack H. Obama as Vice President, or to be VP to Obama?

That would be awesome.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
he would be the Rochester to McCain's Jack Benny.....

In the Closet
25+ posts
In the Closet
25+ posts
Or the Uncle Tom to his Massa.

Billie Jean is not my lover.
few posts
few posts
Lawdy, I resents dat remark!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Several stories on McCain's and his wife's personal finances.

I found this one to be the most interesting, detailing McCain's personal wealth and assets, and its specific sources:

http://www.slate.com/id/2189898/

• As with Sens. Clinton and Obama, McCain's personal wealth is dwarfed by that of his spouse. Cindy McCain has assets worth an estimated $40 million, based on information McCain has provided annually in Senate financial-disclosure reports.

Compared with his wife, McCain is decidedly middle-class. Based on his tax return, he collects his Senate salary ($161,708), a Navy pension ($58,358), and some Social Security income ($23,157). The money he's earned over the years writing books ($176,508 in 2007 and about $1.8 million since 1998), he gives to charity.

Despite the smarminess in the article about how McCain and his wife invest their personal fortune, there is no overt poor money management (they are criticized in the piece for not taking more high-yield risks, but if you already have 100 million, why take risks to possibly lose it?)

Much ado is made about wife Cindy's personal wealth "being a liability", and about the source of that wealth. But despite the punchy headline, there's very little in the piece to back it up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/02/politics/politico/main4226787.shtml

And this one alleges the beer fortune originates from 1920's illegal bootlegging:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57354

Which, again, is about as relevant as Arnold Schwarzenneger's dad being an S.S. officer in W W II.
Or the Kennedy's fortune being made from bootlegging and insider trading. The sins of the father in these cases are not the sins of the sons, or daughters, who had no control over these actions.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

And in equal time, here's a New York Times article detailing the finances in recent years of the Obamas.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
he would be the Rochester to McCain's Jack Benny.....

I have no idea what you're talking about... But it sounds great!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Associated Press:
  • John Kerry said Sunday Republican John McCain doesn’t have the judgment to be president.

If that’s the case, then it’s probably a good thing McCain rejected overtures from Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee in 2004, to form a bipartisan ticket and run with Kerry as his candidate for vice president.

Not too long ago, Kerry might have described McCain, a fellow Vietnam veteran and former prisoner of war, as a bipartisan ally who could provide guidance on national security issues.

McCain came to Kerry’s aid in March 2004 after Bush and his campaign tried to paint the Democrat as weak on defense. He rejected the suggestion in broadcast interviews and chided both parties for waging such a “bitter and partisan” campaign.

The two senators also discussed the vice presidency several times before McCain finally rejected Kerry’s overtures to form a bipartisan ticket. Kerry ultimately selected then-Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., to join the ticket.

For the record, Kerry is not among those being mentioned as possible running mates for McCain.

Wow. It seems as if the only thing Kerry doesn't flip-flop on is his willingness to stab his fellow Vietnam vets in the back.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
John Kerry was for McCain before he was against him.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Well John Mccain has sold out on a lot of his former views. He's compromised a lot to get the nomination. I think anyone who sticks by Mccain just because he signed up for the armed services and got captured obviously puts their pride above the future of their country. And that makes me sadder than those pictures of Pariah that he posted once.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
are you going to be ok?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Here's the thing that makes Kerry a first-class asshole in this situation: He could have endorsed Obama without stabbing his "friend" in the back. All he had to do is say something along the lines of "John McCain is my good friend and he's a good man. However, our nation requires a new vision and different outlook than what the Republican Party currently provides. Barack Obama has that vision and outlook. Therefore, while John McCain remains my friend, I heartily endorse Barack Obama as the better man to hold the office of President."

But Lurch couldn't do that. Just as he did with his fellow Vietnam vets during his treasonous, false, testimony on Capitol Hill over thirty years ago, and just as he did two years ago when he called the troops in Iraq stupid, he chose to gratuitously stick a knife into a fellow veteran.

He is truly a scumbag. No wonder his fellow vets put out those "swift boat" ads.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Here's the thing that makes Kerry a first-class asshole in this situation: He could have endorsed Obama without stabbing his "friend" in the back. All he had to do is say something along the lines of "John McCain is my good friend and he's a good man. However, our nation requires a new vision and different outlook than what the Republican Party currently provides. Barack Obama has that vision and outlook. Therefore, while John McCain remains my friend, I heartily endorse Barack Obama as the better man to hold the office of President."

But Lurch couldn't do that. Just as he did with his fellow Vietnam vets during his treasonous, false, testimony on Capitol Hill over thirty years ago, and just as he did two years ago when he called the troops in Iraq stupid, he chose to gratuitously stick a knife into a fellow veteran.

He is truly a scumbag. No wonder his fellow vets put out those "swift boat" ads.

What's doubly beyond the pale about Kerry's attack on McCain is that McCain crossed party lines and defended Kerry against the swiftboat ads in 2004.
Kerry paid McCain back by swiftboating him.

I've thought that this might be an organized volley of attacks by the Obama campaign on McCain's superior military/foreign policy experience. About a week ago, it was Wesley Clark saying pretty much the same things as Kerry about McCain.
And in the case of either John Kerry or Wesley Clark, neither one has such an honorable service record that they're in any position to judge McCain's ability to command our military.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Can't say I feel to much like defending Kerry but his time on the swift boats was dangerous & there were alot of servicemen that never met him but claimed to have served with him to give their negative opinions more clout. I do agree though that he is an asshole when it comes to McCain who stuck up for Kerry when it wasn't political for McCain to do so. I think Obama would be better off with Kerry playing less of a role.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I think their attacks have a backfire effect, everytime they bring up his lack of military credentials, his sacrifices to the country are brought to the forefront. This is a guy that not only says he is here to serve our country he has actually backed it up.

Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard