Originally Posted By: Uschi
I found this both hard to fully grasp (I suppose like Physics is to people that aren't so inclined as I) and rather frustrating to read.

Taken from http://www.counterpunch.org....

In regards to the 'counterpunch' article, I think the gist of the article is that the writer believes that Obama, for all his 'liberal' rhetoric is an old fashioned statist who will attempt to exercise a great deal of control over personal liberty including, but not limited to, drafting people into military (or other) service.

I'm not sure I would agree that Obama would do that. On the other hand, the draft was completely abolished in 1972, only to be reinstated (at least to the point of requiring registration at the age of 18) under-of all people- "good liberal" Jimmy Carter.

So you never know.

Originally Posted By: Uschi

I'm afraid I do not understand that article fully. Political specifics are still alien. For example, I didn't "get" those bullet points.

So the report is indicating hypocritical behavior, yes? ...

If you mean the article I posted with "top ten concerns", its more than hypocrisy or his questionable associations. It's the idea that his policies are problematic in a number of key areas, both in terms of domestic issues (the economy and social issues) and military/diplomatic issues.

It was a long article so I wrapped the text of each bulleted topic in spoiler tags so that people could either read the whole thing or not if they wanted.