Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
And I really hope the Daleks go away for several years. They're no longer special. The first few with Eccleston were good, the 2nd season Cyberman war was great, and even the Daleks in Manhatten was fun. But now they've dragged out all the big names and gotten rid of them. They need to let the Daleks rest and not find any more survivors for awhile, otherwise it'll become as silly as people finding Gilligan's Island every week.
Why not have some lost colony of Time Lords? That'd be a good story. Have the Doctor find them and then realize he doesn't like his people much and leave them again. They need to add some happiness to the show instead of constant mounting tragedy. Another reason I'm glad Moffet will be taking over. I loved the end of the Doctor Dances where "everyone gets to live." It's nice to have those stories instead of contant drama.

I think this is the big thing I didn't like about the finale. Yeah, it's nerdy cool to see Davros again; but the Dalek's have been poorly used overall in the relaunch. I think the overuse of them is one of the reasons. Before, you could go years without a Dalek's story. They made sure that each Doctor had at least one. Now, it's at least once a season, which I've heard is due to the agreement with Terry Nation's estate. Also, how many times does the Doctor get to completely wipe out the Daleks only to find another super secret splinter group?

As far as other Time Lords, there are several possibilities that I'm wondering if they're ever going to consider. The Monk, the Rani, and Susan.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."