Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 94 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 93 94
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I didn't think it was possible that I could hate someone more than Kerry.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
What about Chris Nolan?

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Chris Nolan is just a cooz that's not worthy of my hate.

I'm apathetic to his existence.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Pariah, the boy who reads scripts.

Bow ties are coool.
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
I don't think him wearing, or not wearing, a flag pin is a big deal.

However, the fact that he starting wearing it again after he got criticized for it seems symptomatic of a continuing pattern of adjusting his "beliefs" whenever it suits him politically (see, eg, Rev. Wright, his racist white grandmother, campaign finance reform, the revised presidential seal, etc.).

That pattern at best reveals him to be a 'typical politican' and, at worst, reveals him to be a shameless phony with no moral compass whatsoever.

That's realpolitik. At least he changes his opinion BEFORE the election.

Lets see what he will do with the more important stuff.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
A terrific editorial in the New York Examiner about how Obama left a big mess behind in his state Senate district, where the only people who benefited (hell, made out like bandits) were the rich developers who paid his campaign bills.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Can we fleece you? Yes we can!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Jesse Jackson Apologizes for Crude Obama Remarks:
  • Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Barack Obama is “talking down to black people”

Jackson was speaking at the time about Obama’s speeches in black churches and his support for faith-based charities. Jackson added to the reporter, “I want to cut his nuts off.”

At a hastily arranged news conference Wednesday evening in Chicago, Jackson said he supports Obama “unequivocally” and that he hopes to “get this behind me.”

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Jackson was speaking at the time about Obama’s speeches in black churches and his support for faith-based charities. Jackson added to the reporter, “I want to cut his nuts off.”

that's just a bizarre thing to say no matter what the reason.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Jackson's always been prone to bizarre statements when he thinks no one's listening. Remember "Hymietown"?

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Ultimately, this will help Obama...the further away from Obama is seen from Jesse, the better off he'll be in the eyes of some of those blue collar folks that he's having such a hard time with.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I agree I think this was calculated by the Obama campaign.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I would not be surprised. Kinda like I think that someone in the campaign suggested Rev. Wright go on TV and play over-the-top jackass to give Obama the excuse he needed to completely repudiate him.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Wright wasnt being a jackass, you obviously dont know the pain he has been through, his color has held him back his entire life, he has a right to be angry...

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
True.

But he was still a jackass. Who knew that you were so sensitive to the plight of the black man in America? Better be careful, brit...before too long you'll have to give up your KKK membership and join the NAACP.

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i would if i could, i imagine living the life of luxury off the backs of other people's paranoia must be great!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.whereskilroy.com/?p=243

Quote:
Barack Hussein Obama enlisted the help of a edgy comic for a recent fundraiser event. Bernie Mac headlined the show and according to Yahoo news had this to say about the supposedly family event:
Toward the end of a 10-minute standup routine at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Chicago, the 50-year-old star of "The Bernie Mac Show" joked about menopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crude language.

"My little nephew came to me and he said, 'Uncle, what's the difference between a hypothetical question and a realistic question?'" Mac said. "I said, I don't know, but I said, 'Go upstairs and ask your mother if she'd make love to the mailman for $50,000.'"

As the joke continued, the punchline evoked an angry response from at least one person in the audience, who said it was offensive to women.

Of course Senator Obama later rebuked these comments:
"Sen. Obama told Bernie Mac that he doesn't condone these statements and believes what was said was inappropriate," spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement after the event.

It must be nice to be Barack Hussein Obama, you always have the do over card in your pocket. He attends a racist church for 20 some odd years, but he didn't realize it till he was running for president and decides the comments of his spiritual mentor Rev. Jeremiah Wright are inappropriate.

Now he invites Bernie Mac to speak for him a comedian who has made his name by doing crude off color jokes, and then says his jokes are inappropriate. I'm not criticizing Mac, I find some of his jokes funny. I'm saying that I wouldn't invite someone to do their act and feign ignorance and disgust after they perform said act. I mean if a guy is going to flip flop on campaign finance, and gun control from primary to general election is one thing, but to flip flop on a fund raising guest in less than an hour, wow.

But maybe Obama is being sincere, maybe he didn't realize that Wright was a racist, and that Mac was an off color comedian. Obama is the man who believes you can sit down unconditionally with Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unconditionally and talk out their differences. Perhaps he hasn't seen Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spouting death tho the Jews, and wanting Israel wiped off the map. Perhaps he hasn't noticed that the terrosorists want us all dead. Is he ignorant of the facts, or is he just being politically expediant? Who really knows, no one really knows who Barack Obama is, I just hope the American people don't end up like Barack and have to apologize later for his actions.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Now he invites Bernie Mac to speak for him a comedian who has made his name by doing crude off color jokes.... I wouldn't invite someone to do their act and feign ignorance and disgust after they perform said act.

Is Bernie Mac really known for "off color" jokes? Other than Bad Santa, the only thing I've ever really seen him in was that "family" TV show he did for Fox and PG films.

Furthermore, unlike, say, the Rev. Wright thing, I don't really think its fair to blame Obama on this one. Just because a comedian tells off color jokes in one venue doesn't mean you assume he's going to do so at every event. For example, Steve Martin doesn't show up to host the Oscars and do his "she had the best pussy I'd ever seen" bit. Bob Sagat made his name as a "blue comedian" but he doesn't tell the same jokes on "Full House" and "America's Funnist Home Videos" that he does in, say, "the Aristocrats."

Obama probably expected the Bernie Mac that shows up in things like "the Bernie Mac show" and "Oceans 11."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I realize wikipedia doesnt list jokes, so you have no reference but his stand up act is off color. He was a stand up comedian before he did the Bernie Mac show(and still is), Obama didn't ask him to re-enact the Bernie MAc show, they asked him to do some stand up.....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Just because a comedian tells off color jokes in one venue doesn't mean you assume he's going to do so at every event. For example, Steve Martin doesn't show up to host the Oscars and do his "she had the best pussy I'd ever seen" bit. Bob Sagat made his name as a "blue comedian" but he doesn't tell the same jokes on "Full House" and "America's Funnist Home Videos" that he does in, say, "the Aristocrats."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
nice re-edit of your post.

but as the article says Obama acted as if he didnt know the racist wright and he acted as if he didnt know that Mac does the off color stuff either, feel free to go back and edit your post again.....

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm still mystified as to what anyone even so much as passively supports Obama for.

He's a pedantic dork, who ummms and ahhhs his way through every press appearance, talks in a monotone, and for my money has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. When I listen to him speak, he sounds more like an assistant college professor than a presidential candidate or any other kind of leader.

Obama blatantly waffles his way through questions, has been busted in endless reversals, contradictions, lies, and manifestations of bad judgement. And incredibly, he continues to remain viable.

And beyond that, he has in no uncertain terms said he will raise taxes, and will enact socialized medicine. (And yes, yes, Obama claims he'll only raise taxes on those earning over 250,000 a year, but even liberals in the media are saying his numbers don't add up, and that the only way he can do what he promises is to raise taxes.)
Obama's proposals add up to 1.4 trillion in new spending. And rather than stimulate the economy, these burdensome new taxes will further suppress an economy that is just barely managing to stay out of recession.

McCain proposes tax cuts of 1.5 trillion that will stimulate corporate and small business and job growth, and proposes increased domestic production of oil and nuclear power, in addition to alternative feuls (whereas Obama rejects drilling in the U.S.'s untapped reserves, and gambles completely on finding environmentally friendly alternative feul sources).

I'm not McCain's biggest fan, but he seems a lot more lucid in what he proposes than Obama.
And more likeable.
And more trustworthy.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

I'm still mystified as to what anyone even so much as passively supports Obama for.

He's a pedantic dork, who ummms and ahhhs his way through every press appearance, talks in a monotone, and for my money has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. When I listen to him speak, he sounds more like an assistant college professor than a presidential candidate or any other kind of leader.

Obama blatantly waffles his way through questions, has been busted in endless reversals, contradictions, lies, and manifestations of bad judgement. And incredibly, he continues to remain viable.

And beyond that, he has in no uncertain terms said he will raise taxes, and will enact socialized medicine. (And yes, yes, Obama claims he'll only raise taxes on those earning over 250,000 a year, but even liberals in the media are saying his numbers don't add up, and that the only way he can do what he promises is to raise taxes.)
Obama's proposals add up to 1.4 trillion in new spending. And rather than stimulate the economy, these burdensome new taxes will further suppress an economy that is just barely managing to stay out of recession.

McCain proposes tax cuts of 1.5 trillion that will stimulate corporate and small business and job growth, and proposes increased domestic production of oil and nuclear power, in addition to alternative feuls (whereas Obama rejects drilling in the U.S.'s untapped reserves, and gambles completely on finding environmentally friendly alternative feul sources).

I'm not McCain's biggest fan, but he seems a lot more lucid in what he proposes than Obama.
And more likeable.
And more trustworthy.
And more white.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
...as the article says Obama acted as if he didnt know the racist wright and he acted as if he didnt know that Mac does the off color stuff...

And I'm on record, many times, as calling b.s. on Obama's denials vis a vis Wright (and others).

However, here's the editorial you posted, exactly as you posted it:

Quote:
Barack Hussein Obama enlisted the help of a edgy comic for a recent fundraiser event. Bernie Mac headlined the show and according to Yahoo news had this to say about the supposedly family event:

Toward the end of a 10-minute standup routine at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Chicago, the 50-year-old star of "The Bernie Mac Show" joked about menopause, sexual infidelity and promiscuity, and used occasional crude language.

"My little nephew came to me and he said, 'Uncle, what's the difference between a hypothetical question and a realistic question?'" Mac said. "I said, I don't know, but I said, 'Go upstairs and ask your mother if she'd make love to the mailman for $50,000.'"

As the joke continued, the punchline evoked an angry response from at least one person in the audience, who said it was offensive to women.

Of course Senator Obama later rebuked these comments:

"Sen. Obama told Bernie Mac that he doesn't condone these statements and believes what was said was inappropriate," spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement after the event.

It must be nice to be Barack Hussein Obama, you always have the do over card in your pocket. He attends a racist church for 20 some odd years, but he didn't realize it till he was running for president and decides the comments of his spiritual mentor Rev. Jeremiah Wright are inappropriate.

Now he invites Bernie Mac to speak for him a comedian who has made his name by doing crude off color jokes, and then says his jokes are inappropriate. I'm not criticizing Mac, I find some of his jokes funny. I'm saying that I wouldn't invite someone to do their act and feign ignorance and disgust after they perform said act. I mean if a guy is going to flip flop on campaign finance, and gun control from primary to general election is one thing, but to flip flop on a fund raising guest in less than an hour, wow.

But maybe Obama is being sincere, maybe he didn't realize that Wright was a racist, and that Mac was an off color comedian. Obama is the man who believes you can sit down unconditionally with Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unconditionally and talk out their differences. Perhaps he hasn't seen Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spouting death tho the Jews, and wanting Israel wiped off the map. Perhaps he hasn't noticed that the terrosorists want us all dead. Is he ignorant of the facts, or is he just being politically expediant? Who really knows, no one really knows who Barack Obama is, I just hope the American people don't end up like Barack and have to apologize later for his actions.

Other than speculation from the author, there's nothing there to indicate that Obama knew Mac was an off-color comedian. Furthermore, as I mentioned before (using Steve Martin and Bob Sagat as examples), the mere fact that a comedian sometimes works "blue" doesn't mean one is going to expect that comedian to tell off-color jokes at a "mainstream" event.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons to criticize Obama: his hypocrisy, his inexperience, his crappy policies, etc. And most of the time of time, you and I agree on those issues in regards to him.

However, with all the legitimate issues to question him on, making a stink over the idea he should have known the star of a family sitcom was going to start telling off-color jokes, seems to be an unneccessary distraction.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
the artical also says that maybe Obama was ignorant of the fact that Mac was an off color comedian, just as maybe he is ignorant of Rev. Wright, and the Iranian dude, please pay attention....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I realize that the editorial made that supposition. However, it doesn't really follow that the Obama-Mac incident is particularly telling one way or another.

Mac is a comedian best known for his role in a now-cancelled family-friendly sitcom and PG movies.

Wright was Obama's pastor for twenty years. Ahmadinejad is in the news on a daily basis and, further, the object of much discussion and analysis among members of congress.

As I mentioned before, there's plenty of matter of substance over which to attack Obama. In that context, going after him on the question of whether or not he was sufficiently familiar with the comedy stylings of a supporter is not only a bit petty, it's counterproductive.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I WIN AGAIN!

In the Closet
25+ posts
In the Closet
25+ posts
B Hussein SAMS in '08!

Billie Jean is not my lover.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
51% to 36% among registered voters!!

The last time this poll was taken they were tied 46% to 46%

isn't this the part where sammitch comes in and declares that the poll was taken out of context?

...not a single other poll has Obama up by anything more than six. That's quite the outlier. ...

Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
plus so many things can happen from now until November that quite honestly it doesn't mean diddly.

Yeah....

And, as predicted:

• People with a crush on Barack Obama aren't as numerous as they used to be.

Republican John McCain has pulled up into a statistical dead heat with Democrat Obama, according to a new Newsweek poll. Obama leads McCain 44% to 41%, compared with the cushy 15% advantage he held in the magazine's June survey.

More than half surveyed - 53% - now say Obama has changed his stance on key policy issues "to gain political advantage," while 32% say he has not. By comparison, McCain may be gaining ground. Among independents, McCain now leads Obama 41% to 34%. Last month with the same group, Obama was ahead 48% to 36%.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it's the Bernie Mac effect....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh. Well played, BSAMS. Well played.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080714/pl_politico/11719
 Quote:
Barack Obama's campaign is condemning as “tasteless and offensive” a New Yorker magazine cover that depicts Obama in a turban, fist-bumping his gun-slinging wife.

An American flag burns in their fireplace.

The New Yorker says it's satire. It certainly will be candy for cable news.

The Obama campaign quickly condemned the rendering. Spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement: “The New Yorker may think, as one of their staff explained to us, that their cover is a satirical lampoon of the caricature Sen. Obama's right-wing critics have tried to create. But most readers will see it as tasteless and offensive. And we agree."

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds quickly e-mailed: “We completely agree with the Obama campaign, it’s tasteless and offensive.”

The issue, which goes on sale Monday, includes a long piece by Ryan Lizza about Obama’s start in Chicago politics.

At a press availability Sunday afternoon in San Diego, Obama was asked, according to a transcript by Maria Gavrilovic of CBS News: “The upcoming issue of The New Yorker, the July 21 issue, has a picture of you, depicting you and your wife on the cover.

“Have you seen it? If not, I can show it to you on my computer. It shows your wife Michelle with an Afro and an AK-47 and the two of you doing the fist bump with you in a sort of turban-type thing on top. I wondered if you’ve seen it or if you want to see it or if you have a response to it?”

Obama, shrugging incredulously, replied: “I have no response to that.”

The magazine explains at the start of its news release previewing the issue: “On the cover of the July 21, 2008, issue of The New Yorker, in ‘The Politics of Fear,’ artist Barry Blitt satirizes the use of scare tactics and misinformation in the presidential election to derail Barack Obama’s campaign.”

Howard Kurtz of The Washington Post said Sunday on his CNN media show “Reliable Sources” that the cover is arguably “incendiary.”

“I talked to the editor of The New Yorker, David Remnick, who tells me this is a satire, that they are making fun of all the rumors,” Kurtz added.

Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune defended it as “quite within the normal realms of journalism,” adding that “it's just lampooning all the crazy ignorance out there.”

The panelists agreed it would succeed in its goal of getting attention.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

who took that photograph?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Wonder boy works at the new yorker?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #980946 2008-07-14 9:53 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yet another gaffe from the mouth of the Obamassiah, as he demonstrates that he doesn't know what it is that the joint chiefs of staff do.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I dont understand, a man with as much experience as him surely knows how the military operates?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Boy wouldn't it be embarrassing if he ordered a Navy Destroyer into Kabul....

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
Boy wouldn't it be embarrassing if he ordered a Navy Destroyer into Kabul....

it would be more embarrassing if he ordered Kabul into a Navy Destroyer, it would never fit.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Bernie Mac lover.

Page 52 of 94 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard