Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Finally saw the finale. While I don't care for Donna's fate, it didn't bother me so much. Sure that could be the last we see of her but I suspect she'll be back in some form or another. I liked how Rose's situation was resolved & note that she also had died in the second season.

The big question or at least one of them is what type of companion will the Doctor have next? If Davies is doing the specials next year I would guess he would use the River character he introduced this last season. Another candidate could be Jenny his daughter. Or perhaps he goes it alone for a bit? I think Donna made it clear that he does need somebody but if it's for only 4 or 5 specials before a new writer takes over maybe they'll keep him solo till the regular episodes kick in after next year.

It bugs me that we had yet another finale where the companion leaves and the Doctor is sad. It seems like RTD wanted to just be a dick. He went to all that trouble of showing everyone together and then Sarah Jane tells him how he has this big family and then they trash that by getting rid of Donna and leaving the Doctor mopey. I think they should've had the Doctor and Donna going off on an adventure, happy as clams, and then contracted Tate to do a scene in the Christmas special where she has to leave. I would be really annoyed if they have a new companion every special that either dies or decides not to travel with the Doctor. I think River won't be showing up until Moffet takes over since he was the one who wrote the episodes featuring her. I got the sense he was was setting up his own run when he introduced her.

Bow ties are coool.