Wow.

Crazy movie.

Joker's plans are so involved and intricate that you really have to suspend any belief in reality just to get through them. We're talking split second timing in just about every one of them. Now that I think of it, so was The Bat-Man's extraction of the Chinese crime figure from the tower. Nice that he timed it just when a FUCKING airliner flew by. (You'll see)

Ledger was good as Joker, and creepy as FUCK for most of the movie. Something was a little unsettling about the character in the beginning...the portrayal (especially when he kills the "Bat-Man" on camera) was FUCKING intense.

Maggie whateverherlastnameis was a nice surprise. The Rachel Dawes character came across as a cunt in the first The Bat-Man movie, but here she seems like an actual human being. Nice to see Katie Holmes not return. FUCK that bitch.

Two-Face was great. Really sold how unhinged he was when he threatened to whack Gordon's kid.

Bat-sonar was EPIC. It was like DareDevil all over again! Drives home The Bat-Man as a control freak with all his protocols and such.

Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman RAWKED again.

The Bat-Man taking the fall for Two-Face's murders seemed just dumb. With all the bullshit that went down in Gotham, couldn't Gordon just blame it all on The Joker?

Readers of The Bat-Man's fifteen hundred monthly titles ( I used to be one of those freaks) will like how close this movie stays to the books. Joker's multiple origins, (they still could have worked a few more "stories" in, though) The Bat-Man's absolute refusal to take a life (impractical and silly, but true to the books) the alliance between Gordon, The Bat-Man, and Dent, etc were written well.

Good movie, but very wild at times. I liked it a lot, but for some reason, I won't be rushing to see it again. I saw Batman Begins like a brillion times in the theatre, but I don't see that happening here.

Paul.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]