Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Wow.

Crazy movie.

Joker's plans are so involved and intricate that you really have to suspend any belief in reality just to get through them. We're talking split second timing in just about every one of them. Now that I think of it, so was The Bat-Man's extraction of the Chinese crime figure from the tower. Nice that he timed it just when a FUCKING airliner flew by. (You'll see)

Ledger was good as Joker, and creepy as FUCK for most of the movie. Something was a little unsettling about the character in the beginning...the portrayal (especially when he kills the "Bat-Man" on camera) was FUCKING intense.

Maggie whateverherlastnameis was a nice surprise. The Rachel Dawes character came across as a cunt in the first The Bat-Man movie, but here she seems like an actual human being. Nice to see Katie Holmes not return. FUCK that bitch.

Two-Face was great. Really sold how unhinged he was when he threatened to whack Gordon's kid.

Bat-sonar was EPIC. It was like DareDevil all over again! Drives home The Bat-Man as a control freak with all his protocols and such.

Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman RAWKED again.

The Bat-Man taking the fall for Two-Face's murders seemed just dumb. With all the bullshit that went down in Gotham, couldn't Gordon just blame it all on The Joker?

Readers of The Bat-Man's fifteen hundred monthly titles ( I used to be one of those freaks) will like how close this movie stays to the books. Joker's multiple origins, (they still could have worked a few more "stories" in, though) The Bat-Man's absolute refusal to take a life (impractical and silly, but true to the books) the alliance between Gordon, The Bat-Man, and Dent, etc were written well.

Good movie, but very wild at times. I liked it a lot, but for some reason, I won't be rushing to see it again. I saw Batman Begins like a brillion times in the theatre, but I don't see that happening here.

Paul.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
oh, paul!

giant picture
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
What did I do now?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
we were sposda rush to see it again together

giant picture
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Just don't try the "popcorn trick" on me. It won't work again.

(Well, not really)

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts

giant picture
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Nice that he timed it just when a FUCKING airliner flew by. (You'll see)

If you paid attention, you would remember he set that up, the CIA program he had Lucius look into. DUH.

Quote:

The Bat-Man taking the fall for Two-Face's murders seemed just dumb.

Remember at the start with Sal when Bats breaks his ankles and Sal laughs, knowing Batman won't kill him? Yeah, Batman needs the rep with the thugs. He needs the criminals to THINK he will kill them. Plus it was him being a friend back to Harvey for taking the identity of Batman so they could catch Joker.

I think that was Sal. It really gets fuzzy right now.

ANYHOW! My spoilers... I loved the bit when Joker confronts the Mobsters. With the jacket of grenades and the "the television's plan.." and, shit, all the little ticks in his performance were GOLD, imo. I laughed so hard so many times. And when Joker visits Twofers in the hospital in the lady nurse costume, and then walks out... and the bad wiring on the explosives remote and jumping into the bus all shocked... omg, I laughed so hard I lost a few lines of dialogue.

And the clapping for the Commissioner, and "S-I-X!" and "What is it you want?" "My phone call." and what he really meant with the "HIT ME!" and and and... FANGIRL SQUEE HERE.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Oh yeah! And Rachael kicking Joker in the balls!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Uschi

Remember at the start with Sal when Bats breaks his ankles and Sal laughs, knowing Batman won't kill him? Yeah, Batman needs the rep with the thugs. He needs the criminals to THINK he will kill them. Plus it was him being a friend back to Harvey for taking the identity of Batman so they could catch Joker.

this

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
EPIC!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

If you paid attention, you would remember he set that up, the CIA program he had Lucius look into. DUH.

NO DUH! Still, if he were a fraction of a second off with his timing, he'd be FUCKED. What if it took longer to capture the guy? What if his thugs put up a tougher fight?

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
yeah cause batman doesnt do stuff like that in the comics all the time...

(for emphasis)

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA

NO DUH! Still, if he were a fraction of a second off with his timing, he'd be FUCKED. What if it took longer to capture the guy? What if his thugs put up a tougher fight?

even to that point, he actually does stand there for a few moments before being whisked away.

giant picture
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen

even to that point, he actually does stand there for a few moments before being whisked away.

thanks for ruining the movie, rob.

Bow ties are coool.
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
at the end, batman saves alfred with the cure that mr freeze developed

giant picture
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
We had a Mr.Freeze show last night!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
movie rocked. no question. too many 'blockbusters' give away all the big moments in the trailers, but tdk didn't. the aweshome moments you did see in the trailers were there, but they were just small parts in a much bigger work of art. this movie was stellar, and while there were some [minor and necessary] departures from continuity here and there, the film was very true to the spirit of the characters. the joker was amazing - to attempt to elaborate would fail to do him justice. the action sequences were extraordinarily well done. the gordon bait-and-switch subplot was sheer genius. they did a great job of making harvey dent a sympathetic character, to the point where you really couldn't hate two-face all that much no matter how nastay he looked (better be some nominations for that alone). definitely picked up on some dkr overtones in the ending of the movie. altogether an excellent, excellent movie. eleven and a half stars.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen

he shot off a flare which was tied to a balloon which signaled the plane to come and get them. it was very very believable and it was actually done. That isn't CGI. In fact Bale wanted to do that stunt himself but obviously they told him hell no. But that shot of Batman on top of the Sears tower in Chicago is really Bale not a stuntman. and he really is on the building. No camera tricks

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
really cool flick, the only two things that made me go ugh were:

Lucius(Morgan Freeman whining about using the cell phones to stop the Joker from killing millions

The prisoner throwing the detonator overboard, that was corny as hell.

the two coolest parts:

the Harvey Dent swerve where he said he was Batman, they had me till Batman appeared and I was all like hey waitaminute!

the Samuel L Jackson cameo after the credits, for those that didn't see it Samuel is Big Words from the Newsboy Legion, he recruits Batman to join and take the place of Scrappy.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
Lucius (Morgan Freeman) whining about using the cell phones to stop the Joker from killing millions

Yeah, that screamed political opinion, i.e. Patriot Act.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
theres really no place for that in movies, they are for escape not hearing tards talk about privacy.....

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I agree with both of you. With that said I read a good review that said Nolan tried to show both sides equally. Meaning he had Lucius whining about it but Batman saying we have to do this we have no choice to catch the terrorist we have to take drastic action. So I don't know if it was cut and dry either way. But again I agree the whole exchange could have been left out.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
btw forgot to mention Ledger was very good in this role, he played him crazy without going overboard. i hope they were smart enough to sign him for another sequel i predict big things for him after this....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
I agree with both of you. With that said I read a good review that said Nolan tried to show both sides equally. Meaning he had Lucius whining about it but Batman saying we have to do this we have no choice to catch the terrorist we have to take drastic action. So I don't know if it was cut and dry either way. But again I agree the whole exchange could have been left out.

if the story was batman wanted to use this technology all the time, the exchange however stupid wouldve fit, but he was trying to save a fucking city from destruction, it made me feel Lucius hates America.....

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
btw forgot to mention Ledger was very good in this role, he played him crazy without going overboard. i hope they were smart enough to sign him for another sequel i predict big things for him after this....
you are killing me tonight!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

if the story was batman wanted to use this technology all the time, the exchange however stupid wouldve fit, but he was trying to save a fucking city from destruction, it made me feel Lucius hates America.....
I hear ya.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
get busy living or get busy hating america.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
you are killing me tonight!

my wife treated me out to dinner and a comic movie, im on top of the world!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:48 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: MisterJLA's FUCKING Midnight "The Dark Knight" Movie Review Spoilers RAWK!
Thread: MisterJLA's FUCKING Midnight "The Dark Knight" Movie Review Spoilers RAWK!
Forum: Women
Thread: If you're going to knock a girl up...at least make sure she orgasms when you do it..
Forum: PJP's Random Chat and Insurgency Roast
Thread: I've been watching you fuck.
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:47 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:46 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:45 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:44 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:43 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:40 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:30 PM Reading a post

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Wow.

Maggie whateverherlastnameis was a nice surprise. The Rachel Dawes character came across as a cunt in the first The Bat-Man movie, but here she seems like an actual human being. Nice to see Katie Holmes not return. FUCK that bitch.

IN THE ASS!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
damn:

Quote:
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:02 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:02 PM Reading a post
Thread: I spoiled the Dark Knight on the DCMBs and ask you all to join me in a friday night raid
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:01 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:00 PM Reading a post
Thread: Hancock
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:58 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:57 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:56 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:55 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:54 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:53 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:52 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:51 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:50 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:49 PM Reading a post
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Damn.

THE bsams wasn't FUCKING around:

373 Guest(s).
From IP Last Activity Location
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:23 PM Reading a post
Forum: Women
Thread: If you're going to knock a girl up...at least make sure she orgasms when you do it..
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:22 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:21 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: In U.S. Name Count, Garcias Are Catching Up With Joneses
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:20 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:20 PM Viewing a list of posts
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:19 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:18 PM Reading a post
Thread: These Go To Eleven
Thread: I spoiled the Dark Knight on the DCMBs and ask you all to join me in a friday night raid
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:17 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:17 PM Checking who's online
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:17 PM Viewing list of forums
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:16 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:15 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:14 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:13 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:12 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:09 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:05 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 10:01 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:58 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:56 PM Reading a post
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread
Anonymous 07/18/08 09:25 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Newest Bush National Gaurd records: fake?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Stumble RAWK!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
FUCK YEAH!

Anyway, was that a commercial plane that picked up THE Bat-Man and the Chinese criminal? I don't think it was THE Bat-Plane.

I can't believe I'm the only one who thought that most of the action in the film was wildly unbelieveable at best...

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
It's his own plane, but it isn't in the shape of a giant bat. Probably a Bruce Wayne plane derivative.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
That makes the scene slightly better.

Thanks,

Paul

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
didnt he discuss with Luscius hiring Korean Smugglers to pick him up?

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
IN THE ASS!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard