brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
UBB Error
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Unable to connect to database server, please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
He used the "igger" word!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Quote:
"Really? You know what your response should've been? It's very easy here, let me put the statement out for you: Barack Obama is in no way upset about the cartoon that depicts him as a Muslim extremist. Because you know who gets upset about cartoons? Muslim extremists! Of which Barack Obama is not. It's just a fucking cartoon!"

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
thedoctor argumentative Moderator Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts Sat Jul 19 2008 12:39 AM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Barack Hussein Obama in '08?

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Lothar of The Hill People cool User Don't make fun of my hat!
10000+ posts Tue Jul 22 2008 12:28 AM Viewing list of forums

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Obama: We don't know what would have happened...

What a fucking retard. That was such a stupid thing to say.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
According to Obama, only a single bomb hit Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

Oh well, at least he didn't say the bomb came from the Germans.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

like refusing to see a movie because he read the script online?

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
According to Obama, only a single bomb hit Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

Oh well, at least he didn't say the bomb came from the Germans.

unlike John Mccain who talked recently about the trouble on the Iraq/Pakistan border.
Or Bush who can't keep events from his own administration straight.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
that's ok Adler, keep your head in the sand, when things explode on the Iraq/Pakistan border, i'll be here to tell you John McCain told you so.....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

like refusing to see a movie because he read the script online?

Yeah, Ray, because a comic book fan bitching about a movie is exactly as important an issue as a presidential candidate displaying a foolish view of policy.

I guess Obama can do anything he wants now and say whatever he wants and its all excused because Pariah didn't want to see a Batman movie.

unlike John Mccain who talked recently about the trouble on the Iraq/Pakistan border.

Which was obviously a mere slip of the tongue. And, to be honest, I'm sure that Obama's comment was a slip of the tongue also. Every one makes those kind of innocent mistakes.

But there's something really hypocritical, if not near-Orwellian, about how Obama makes gaffe after gaffe and the media (and the left) gloss right over it, whereas, any similar (or lesser) gaffe from a Republican immediately means (or meant) that said Republican is either senile (McCain) or some sort of moron (Bush and Quayle).

The double standard is really disconcerting.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

But there's something really hypocritical, if not near-Orwellian, about how Obama makes gaffe after gaffe and the media (and the left) gloss right over it, whereas, any similar (or lesser) gaffe from a Republican immediately means (or meant) that said Republican is either senile (McCain) or some sort of moron (Bush and Quayle).

The double standard is really disconcerting.

bush got all sorts of passes after 9/11. i think the reason no one really mentions obama's gaffes is because they let bush be an idiot for so long and compared to him obama is tame. bush has kind of numbed the press.

deal with it, bitch.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

I guess Obama can do anything he wants now and say whatever he wants and its all excused because Pariah didn't want to see a Batman movie.

I want to put that on a t-shirt. but i'll settle for making it my signature.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
i think the reason no one really mentions obama's gaffes is because they let bush be an idiot for so long ...

They were criticizing Bush for gaffes regularly during the 2000 campaign. As noted in the New York Times back in 2000:
  • From his tongue-twisted explanations of his tax plan to his reluctance to accept a bipartisan commission's roster of debates and even to his vulgar comment about a reporter, Mr. Bush has seemed defensive, lacking in humor and easily flappable....Mr. Bush's gaffes on the stump are nothing new, but they are being picked up more by the media ....The more critical coverage could contribute to a damaging of Mr. Bush's image, which, if reflected in the polls, could result in still more critical coverage.

''Bush picked the worst time to start getting terrible press,'' said S. Robert Lichter, director of the Center for Media and Public Affairs. ''Journalists are setting the story line for the whole campaign.''

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/07/21/obama-ditches-the-american-flag/

Quote:
Barack Obama used donations to refurbish and repaint his campaign plane, and has removed the flag of the United States from the tail of the plane. Reports Bonnie Kapp for Fox Embed:

[T]he plane that once had an American flag on its tail now sports the Obama “O.” “Change We Can Believe In” and the candidate’s website are splayed across both sides of the fuselage, making this 757 anything but inconspicuous.

This means, of course, that the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Germany, and other countries will see a plane without an American flag — a plane on which the sole symbol is all about one man. Barack: Afghans and Iraqis won’t be voting for you in November. But they will notice that you failed to represent yourself as a proud American citizen while you are abroad. We’ve noticed too.

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Wonder Boy content User a man's signature quote is inversely proportionate to his cock size
3000+ posts Wed Jul 23 2008 10:32 PM Reading a post

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

"The Audacity of Barack Obama"

In addition to the information about kickbacks and perks of the allegedly oh-so-above-it-all Obama, it's a clever wordplay on the title of his Wright-sermon inspired title of his book.

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Wonder Boy content User a man's signature quote is inversely proportionate to his cock size
3000+ posts Wed Jul 23 2008 10:36 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Captain Sammitch annoyed Moderator invisible editor
10000+ posts Wed Jul 23 2008 10:48 PM Reading a post

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

"The Audacity of Barack Obama"

In addition to the information about kickbacks and perks of the allegedly oh-so-above-it-all Obama, it's a clever wordplay on the title of his Wright-sermon inspired title of his book.

Don't forget that he's black.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
That's not even a complete list.

There's also

1) his 20 year history of trading political favors for campaign donations from the federally indicted Tony Rezko, including the purchase of his 1.6 million dollar Chicago mansion,

2)donations from oil executives (while alleging he doesn't take money from oil corporations),

3) opting out of public funding when he said he wouldn't (for which even the liberal media vilified him),

4) promising to re-negotiate NAFTA (then assuring the Canadian government that it was just an empty campaign promise to fool the white folks clinging to their guns and religion,

and on and on...

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

August 2006: Obama --WHILE A U.S. SENATOR-- campaigns for Sharia Law in Kenya, with Kenyans who slaughtered 600 non-muslims

Quote:
Even in the midst of the primaries, the horrific scenes from that country since the disputed election on December 27 will not have escaped most people. In particular, the burning of a church with up to 50 men, women, and children inside, while machete-armed mobs slaughter up to 600 more people, have evoked memories of the Rwandan genocide of 1994...

...Who is behind these massacres? The opposition leader, Raila Odinga, has had a good press in the West, after he accused the president, Mwai Kibaki, of rigging the election. But the victims of the recent violence have mostly been members of Mr. Kibaki's tribe, the Kikuyu, while those who have gone berserk are supporters of Mr. Odinga's Orange Democratic Movement, which is dominated by the rival Luo tribe....

...Even more sinister has been Mr. Odinga's electoral pact with the National Muslim Leaders' Forum — a hardline Islamist organization that represents Kenya's Muslim minority. According to this document, dated August 29, 2007, Mr. Odinga promised the Muslim leaders that, if elected, he would establish Sharia courts, not only in the northern and coastal regions where Kenyan Muslims are concentrated, but throughout the country.

He also promised to impose Muslim dress codes on women, ban alcohol and pork, indoctrinate children, ban Christian preaching, and dismiss the Commissioner of Police "who has allowed himself to be used by heathens and Zionists."

In short, Mr. Odinga in effect offered to Islamize Kenya in return for Muslim votes, despite the fact that Muslims make up only 10% of the population, compared to the 80% who are Christian.
Mr. Odinga himself is nominally an Anglican, yet he signed a document that refers to Islam throughout as "the one true religion" and denigrates Christians as "worshippers of the cross."

and

Quote:
In August 2006, Mr. Obama visited Kenya and spoke in support of Mr. Odinga's candidacy at rallies in Nairobi. The Web site Atlas Shrugs has even posted a photograph of the two men side by side. More recently, Mr. Odinga says that Mr. Obama interrupted his campaigning in New Hampshire to have a telephone conversation with his African cousin about the constitutional crisis in Kenya.

What should Americans make of Mr. Obama's Kenyan connection? If he has been putting tribal or family considerations above America's national interest by supporting Mr. Odinga's anti-Western candidacy, it raises serious questions about his judgement.

At the time of his visit in 2006, President Kibaki's spokesman complained that Mr. Obama was behaving like a "stooge" of Mr. Odinga — which was at best undignified for a visiting American senator, and at worst unwarranted interference in the internal politics of another country.

Even more serious are the doubts raised by Mr. Obama's attitude toward Islam, which has so far received much less scrutiny than might be expected in a post-September 11 presidential election.

If Mr. Obama did not know about Mr. Odinga's electoral deal with the Kenyan Islamists when he offered his support, then he should have known. If he did know, then he is guilty of lending the prestige of his office to America's enemies in the global war on terror. We need to know exactly what Mr. Obama knew about Mr. Odinga, and precisely when he knew it.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I'm not sure but I think wondy has something against obama.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
his penis.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I thought wondy only fucked* female minirities?

*Wondy has had less luck with women than me. This is what he claims.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I think if you ever met Wondy in real life you'd run up to him and give him an open mouth kiss with lots of tongue.

If you know what I mean.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
and i think you do.....

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/time_publishes_definitive_obama

Quote:
NEW YORK—Hailed by media critics as the fluffiest, most toothless, and softest-hitting coverage of the presidential candidate to date, a story in this week's Time magazine is being called the definitive Barack Obama puff piece.
Enlarge Image Fluff Piece

One twelfth of the light, glossy, groundbreaking surface-level feature.

"No news publication has dared to barely scratch the surface like this before," columnist and campaign reporter Michael King wrote in The Washington Post Tuesday. "This profile sets a benchmark for mindless filler by which all other features about Sen. Obama will now be judged. Just impressive puff-journalism all around."

The 24-page profile, entitled "Boogyin' With Barack," hit newsstands Monday and contains photos of the candidate as a baby, graduating from Columbia University, standing and laughing, holding hands with his wife and best friend, Michelle, greeting a crowd of blue-collar autoworkers, eating breakfast with diner patrons, and staring pensively out of an airplane window while a pen and legal pad rest comfortably on his lowered tray table.

According to political analysts, the Time piece features the most lack-of-depth reporting on Obama ever published, and for the first time reveals a number of inconsequential truths about the candidate, including how he keeps in shape on the campaign trail, and which historical figures the presidential hopeful would choose to have dinner with.

"The sheer breadth of fluff in this story is something to be marveled at," New York Times Washington bureau chief Dean Baquet said. "It's all here. Favorite books, movies, meals, and seasons of the year ranked one through four. Sure, we asked Obama what his favorite ice cream was, but Time did us one better and asked, 'What's your favorite ice cream, really?'"

Time managing editor Rich Stengel said he was proud of the Obama puff piece, and that he hoped it would help to redefine the boundaries of journalistic drivel.

"When the American people cast their vote this November, this is the piece of fluff they're going to remember," Stengel said. "Not the ones by Newsweek, Harper's, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, The New Republic, The Economist, Nightline, The Wall Street Journal, or even that story about lessons Obama learned from his first-grade teacher we ran a month ago."

The article, which follows Obama for 12 days during his campaign, was written by reporter Chris Sherwood, and is relentless in its attempt to capture the candidate at his most poised and polished. Sherwood said the profile easily trumps all other fluff pieces in its effort to expose the presidential candidate for who he really is: "an awesome guy."

"My editors told me that if I wanted to uncover the most frivolous, trivial information on Obama, I had to be prepared to follow the puff," Sherwood said. "That meant that not only did I have to stay and watch Sen. Obama play endless games of basketball with city firemen to show readers how athletic and youthful he is, but I also had to go to NBA shooting experts to learn what aspects of his jump shot are good and what parts are great."

Sherwood said he was granted full access to the candidate, and was permitted by chief strategist David Axelrod to ask any question he desired—an opportunity the reporter used to lob the easiest softballs at Obama yet, ranging from how happy he felt when he met his wife to what songs are currently on his iPod playlist. Sherwood was also fearless in his effort to paint the candidate as someone who is "surprisingly down to earth," a phrase that is used a total of 26 times throughout the feature.

"If we were going to get the story we wanted, it was my responsibility as a journalist to ask the really tough questions to his two young daughters," said Sherwood, who grilled Malia and Sasha Obama, 9 and 7, about whether they were "proud of [their] daddy." "I also had to capitalize on every opportunity to compare the story of Obama's upbringing and rise to power to that of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s and John F. Kennedy's, no matter how suspect those parallels really are."

According to the Time reporter, work on the profile was often harder than he had anticipated, with Obama at times dodging questions about whether or not he played a musical instrument, and about what Monopoly piece he thought best represented his candidacy and why.

"Situations like these are when you have to get on the phone and talk, not only to his mother, but to his aunt, his uncle, a Boy Scout leader, or maybe even one of his camp counselors growing up," Sherwood said. "And if they don't return your call, you turn to Sunday school teachers and former babysitters—anyone who is willing to go on record and say that Barack Obama was a really good kid who was destined for great things."

Added Sherwood, "It's all about getting the factoids out in the open."

Readers have so far responded favorably to the piece, with sales of the latest issue of Time nearly tripling that of an issue last month featuring a 36-page exposé that tore apart and vilified former candidate Hillary Clinton's health-care plan.

"I'm not quite sure how he intends to turn around the economy or get us out of Iraq," said California resident Geoff Mills, an ardent Obama supporter who read the Time story. "But any man who prefers his steak cooked medium-rare has my vote."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Army Captain describes how Obama blew off the troops on his visit to Afghanistan

Quote:

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to ' The War Zone ' . I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand, he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the Americans back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT J
Bagram, Afghanistan

Followed by a lot of back-and-forth comments by mostly military personnel that field allegations of its untruth, and even challenge a Snopes account that they explain with supporting evidence got it wrong in saying the allegations against Obama are false. They stand by them being absolutely true, despite their being challenged by military commanders who find them embarrassing.

Here's another message board with some choice comments about it.

McCain's campaign has been quick to put out a commercial regarding the issue:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2008/07/mccain_slams_obama_for_dissing_troops/

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Now you're linking to other nut jobs posts on other message boards? Is it really that hard to form your own opinion?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Now you're linking to other nut jobs posts on other message boards? Is it really that hard to form your own opinion?

Nut jobs in glass houses, throwing stones, rex?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Let me guess, thats you at the other board as well? Do you spew your hatred of minorities in other places as well?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Let me guess, thats you at the other board as well? Do you spew your hatred of minorities in other places as well?

Nice reach, rwex.
But you're just grabbing at empty air. I barely have time to post these days to RKMB, let alone anywhere else.

As opposed to you, who have all too much time.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Too busy raping underage minority women?

Page 53 of 94 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard