Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
you know, wondy. there really is no point in arguing with you. we'll never agree and i just feel a lot of energy is wasted on all sides.
but i will address the black or white stance your side often takes. why can't i call someone an idiot without "hating" them? and even if i did "hate" bush (a very strong emotion to have for someone i don't know personally) have i not listed enough actions on his part to justify my dislike of him? seriously, don't you think it's ok to dislike someone who has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths in the world based on eithr faulty intel or flat out lies?

Calling Bush an idiot is a rather personal, bitter, insulting, and non-specific way to address your disagreement with Bush.

As I just deconstructed, what you allege about Bush isn't even true.

I've voiced my fair share of criticisms of Bush (particularly his undue loyalty to corrupt incompetents, amnesty for illegals, the Harriet Miers nomination, not using his veto power to cut spending, not conducting the first 4 years of the Iraq war with the needed troop strength, and his costly go-it-alone approach of unilateral action, when diplomacy could have split the cost across many nations, as Bush Sr managed to arrange in 1991).

Again: if the whole world had the same intelligence as us, and believed Saddam's Iraq had WMD's, then it wasn't a lie. It was going to war with the best intelligence available at the time.
And as I pointed out elsewhere: MATERIAL BREACH is still WMD's, and there was plenty. (in another topic, I called it the story the liberal media absolutely refuses to report)
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kay

Testimony Before House and Senate Committees

In testimony on the progress of the Iraq Survey Group on October 2, 2003 he revealed to House and Senate committees that the ISG had found that Iraq had a network of clandestine laboratories containing equipment that should have been (but was not) disclosed to UN inspectors. He also said that the ISG found an undeclared prison laboratory complex and an undeclared Unmanned Aerial Vehicle production facility. The Iraq Survey Group also found out that a UAV had been test-flown out to a range of 500 kilometers even though the agreed upon limit was 150 kilometers. Kay said that Iraq lied to the UN about the range of that particular UAV.

He testified that Iraq had done research on Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever and Brucella but had not declared this to the UN. Iraq also continued research and development work on anthrax and ricin without declaring it to the UN.

Kay told the committees that between 1999 and 2002 Iraq attempted to obtain missile technology from North Korea that would allow them to build missiles with a range of 1300 kilometers, far beyond the UN limit of 150 kilometers that Iraq agreed upon in UN Resolution 687. They also sought anti-ship missiles with a range of 300 kilometers from North Korea.

"With regard to delivery systems, the ISG team has discovered sufficient evidence to date to conclude that the Iraqi regime was committed to delivery system improvements that would have, if OIF had not occurred, dramatically breached UN restrictions placed on Iraq after the 1991 Gulf War," Kay testified

and:

• On January 23, 2004, Kay resigned, stating that Iraq did not have WMD and that "I think there were stockpiles at the end of the first Gulf War and a combination of U.N. inspectors and unilateral Iraqi action got rid of them."[1] Kay was replaced in his role by Charles Duelfer and spent the following days discussing his discoveries and opinions with the news media and the U.S. political establishment. He testified on January 28, 2004 that “[i]t turns out that we were all wrong” and “I believe that the effort that has been directed to this point has been sufficiently intense that it is highly unlikely that there were large stockpiles of deployed, militarized chemical weapons there.” However, Kay defended the Bush administration, saying that even if Iraq did not have weapons stockpiles, this did not mean the nation wasn't dangerous. Kay also blamed faulty intelligence gathering for the prewar WMD conclusions. On February 2, 2004, Kay met with George W. Bush at the White House and maintained that Bush was right to go to war in Iraq and characterized Saddam Hussein's government as “far more dangerous than even we anticipated” when it was thought he had WMDs ready to deploy.