Originally Posted By: The Dread Pirate Westley
I accept that 4.5 billion years is the age of the Earth. Why? Because we can measure the decay of isotopes and we have physical evidence of rocks that read consistently as 4+ billion years old. Not just from the Earth, but from the moon also.

There's more proof of this, than of J.V. being blacklisted.

Oh Gawd. Not this again.

Radiometric dating can't accurately measure the isotopes if they're past the age of 50,000 years. Aside from the travel-distance of radiation from the stars of other systems indicating a certain run time, there's actually very little credible evidence that Sol is even 4.5 billion years old. It's easy enough to guesstimate how long it took for the light from other systems to get to earth (or at least its constituent elements), but that doesn't actually tell us how long Sol's been here. So in the end we suffer from circular reasoning: Scientists think they can measure the lifespan of the Sun by earth/moon's age. But their dating process is too corrupted to make such a conclusion. Ergo there's no way to prove that the radiation from other stars started reaching Sol at the time they predict.

Personally, I'm open to the possibility, but I'm not fully convinced there's enough evidence to measure earth's age based on the universe around us. That's not to say I couldn't accept it though.

Originally Posted By: The Dread Pirate Westley
J.V. was having a tough time long before he criticized Obama. Shit the man's been doing bit parts and minor supporting roles for 10 years. The only way things could get worse for him is if he were to get nothing at all.

Considering he's got 3 movies all either in post production or current production, I don't really see the proof that he's been blacklisted.

This isn't just about movies; there's more indicators than that. Ron Silver was never a big star but he was a notorious liberal who attended all the social functions. After he supported the war, he stopped being invited to Hollywood social occasions. If this happens for Voight, are you still going to call us conspiracy nuts?

Quote:
Face it, the guy burned his bridges long before now. Hell, his own daughter won't even talk to him.

I'm not sure what bridges you're talking about, but considering the public spectacle he and Jolie put on, I doubt she'd be estranged from him because of any burned bridge, that is to say I doubt he was the sole destructive party in that relationship.