Originally Posted By: The Dread Pirate Westley
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
give me proof that he's not.

It is for the positive position to prove their point. If it were not so, groundless, ridiculous claims would have to be taken as fact just on the basis that one cannot always disprove the impossible to observe.

IE: Should you say that pluto is composed of Rocky Road icecream, it is your burden to prove it so, and not my burden to fly to pluto and prove it false.

your the science guy, you believe in plenty of uproven things like global warming,the age of the earth for examples.

but back to the issue at hand, dont go asking me to prove something that you cannot disprove. it's weak sauce.

It is not weak sauce. It's the basis on which to sort verifiable fact from opinion and nonsense. When you assert that something is fact, you must have the evidence to back it up. Otherwise, it's gossip, rumor, conjecture, slander, or libel.

I accept that 4.5 billion years is the age of the Earth. Why? Because we can measure the decay of isotopes and we have physical evidence of rocks that read consistently as 4+ billion years old. Not just from the Earth, but from the moon also.

There's more proof of this, than of J.V. being blacklisted.

really how many isotopes have you measured the decay of? this should be interesting.

Considering I get my time from an atomic clock, I measure radio-decay on a millisecond basis. Unless you're going to tell me that Atomic Clocks are also a global conspiracy of this "made up science stuff."

so your saying you've never measured the decay of an isoptope? the wins keep coming.