Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Only a fool would argue that racism doesn't exist. As long as race is a concept there will be racism.

But I don't see BSAMS or rex arguing that racism doesn't exist. The point they are making is that, when a "black" man has at least a 50/50 shot of being our next president, it discredits, if not disproves, the old argument that racism is so powerful and pervasive as to be serious stumbling block to people's success.

Sure society has made big changes and advancments. But Obama is one guy. There are millions of blackmericans who have had their lives constantly touched and effected by racism, by social systems set up before they were born that made it harder on them. Imagine how they might feel, probably a bit of anger. I would think people would appreciate the Obama isn't really trying to get in using the race card, he's not talking about being kept down. In fact he's talked about mending things between black and white, talked about how it is valid for some white people to be angry over affirmative action.
That's actually why i like him, he talks about issues like they're more complicated than simple....black vs. white.

if a qualified man is disqualified from getting a job and a less qualified man gets it because of affirmative action it is valid for him to be angry at affirmitive action. it is not valid for him to blame all blacks people, just those people that supported affirmative action no matter their color. the individuals that supported the injustice.

if a white guy's daughter get's raped by a black man, he shouldnt hate all black people its not all black peoples fault, but the individual.

if a black guy is fired by a white guy who is a racist, he should hate the racist idiot, not all white people it isn't the white peoples fault but the individual.

individuals are individuals, blaming their race is in and of itself racist. Barack had his kids listening to that crap for since they were born. He can change his tune now that he is in an election, but rational people understand otherwise.