Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
Bickering aside, I do find fault for Obama being friends with a known remorseful terrorist. I also have problems as previously discussed with a man raising his children in such a racist church. I don't put a lot of salt in personal life vs politics, but in these two cases his decision making skills have to be called into question.

I asked him what specific quotes wright said that he finds "racist." He responded with a joke. Will you respond by posting the quotes you find so offensive or just not quote this part and say you won?

Quote:
In a lot of ways, Obama's friendship with Ayers is worse than the one with Wright.

Do you know either man personally? You're condemning them for their beliefs, for their views.

Quote:
Wright may be a vile racist, but he's a former Marine who fought for his country and has never, to my knowledge, planted bombs and committed terrorist acts.

A vile racist? All I've seen from him is comments reflecting the sentiments of many black people about the flawed history of this country.

Quote:
Ayers may have committed his terrorist acts a long time ago, but he still brags about them to this day, including in an article that appeared September 11, 2001. He obviously still holds the view that attacks on innocent Americans are justified.

All I've found on him was that he helped blow up a statue which destroyed some area windows. You compare him with the WTC attacks, but get all bitchy if I dare say anything about Bush and his people who have caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands through their actions.
Ayers seems to believe America is flawed, he believes (and I disagree with him) that grandiose acts like blowing up a statue are a way to get attention. That is not the same as blowing up a marketplace full of people.

Quote:
This is yet another example of Obama's poor judgement when it comes to his allies. At best, he's befriending these lowlifes for political expediency. At worse he secretly shares at least some of their views.

Do you agree with every single thing every single one of your friends thinks and feels? Haven't you ever had a friend who you had disagreements with but ultimately found that they were good people who challenged you? Maybe Obama has long arguments with him about how Ayers was wrong, but finds those arguments push him to define his own stances. Maybe Wright is a good guy who acts a little silly on stage. Someone pointed out that in over 20 years and hundreds of thousands of words, people have chosen to focus on about 20-30 words.

Quote:
Pro and Ray, for all their bluster, probably realize this. That's why they're sputtering about George W. Bush and whatnot.

I think that maybe we realize that Obama does not exist in some vacuum where only his actions and friends are held to scrutiny. The reason you don't like Bush being brought up-despite the fact that every candidate is compared to the incumbent-is because Bush is worse. Bush has caused more deaths than Obama, Bush's friends (the people he chose for his cabinet) have a history of questionable actions some of which have caused death that is far worse than some preacher speaking about race.

Bow ties are coool.