Originally Posted By: the G-man
As noted many times before, there's a difference between constructive criticism and constant, mindless, bashing.

People like Rev. Wright (and, sadly, Ray) will claim to love America but can never bring themselves to defend it. They only attack it.

It's almost like an abusive relationship.

I defend it all the time. I just defend things you don't like so you ignore that. I could take every "Ray hates America" line you say in response to criticism of Bush or America's immoral acts and throw them right back at you for your attacks (and the other conservatives here) on President Clinton, President Carter, President Roosevelt, etc. And your attacks on the spririt of humanitarianism shown by the existence of social programs.
Every time I praise those social programs, i'm praising America. Everytime I "attack" Bush for his questionable actions, I'm defending America. Every time I talk about what's wrong with America, I am defending America.
Every time you support a man who has made this country a laughing stock, you are attacking America by saying that's the best we can do. Every time you attack someone for not supporting you and wrap yourself in the flag, then you are attacking America by saying it's as bad as you are. Every time you and your party make an election about cheating and manipulation, you are attacking America by helping people unworthy of office get elected.
Why do you hate America, G-man?

Bow ties are coool.