Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
But, seriously, Jason: Palin is no less qualified to be President than Obama (may be more so given her executive experience) and, unlike Obama she isn't running for the top slot.

So, as BSAMS pointed out, it's pretty foolish for people to complain about her experience if they're backing Obama.

If Palin were at the top of the GOP ticket you might have a point, but she isn't.

I totally agree that it's foolish for people to complain about her lack of experience. I alluded to that above.

However, I disagree with the rest of your post. The VP pick is just as important as the Presidential. The simple fact is that A VP CAN become President if something happens to the #1 honcho. That's part of the reason the VP is there. It's happened before, of course, and the VP-become-President was no less powerful or important than the man he replaced. And the VP choice is even more important in this election, since we're dealing with two presidential candidates with increased likelihoods of death during service.

So if you're going to say that Obama's lack of experience is a bad thing, then sorry, but Palin's is just as bad. If Palin's freshness is good, Obama's is just as good.

It's not the same thing because most people really vote for who they think will be the best President. There's more wiggle room when it comes to VP picks. Besides McCain just has to keep running spots with Biden talking about Obama's lack of experience & leave it at that.

Fair play!