Originally Posted By: the G-man
The only way that an argument about experience works for you (the left) in this election is if you assume that a VP is running the show. Hence my observation that the argument for Obama-Biden boils down to an argument that the VP will be running things behind the scenes.

that's the difference between bush/cheney thinking and obama. cheney is bush's dad's friend, he knew him when bush was the spoiled drunken kid. cheney also has been unlike any other VP in history, he acts like he runs his own show with his own agenda (like that bit last year about him not being part of either branch of government). cheney did weird stuff that always seemed like some supervillain plot. you can't really compare him to any VP before or (hopefully) after.
no VP will probably ever be like that again. if Biden serves in the normal capacity of the job then he'll be an advisor and a statesman. that's where experience is valuable. also his senate career will be a huge asset as president of the senate, he knows who's who and has lots of social connections to help gather support for issues.

I don't know anything about Palin except that she's a milf. I'm not sure what she adds other than the diversity of her gender. but as I said a VP is seasoning so that's not necessarily wrong to just pick a woman for the sake of having a woman.

Bow ties are coool.