Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

it's totally different. Cheney is like an evil mastermind behind the scenes in a man-sized safe in his home (which was removed from googlmaps). The company he ran got several no bid contracts in Iraq. That will translate to a lot of money once he leaves office and cracks into the blind trust that he put his Haliburton stock into. Cheney is creepy, his experience always seemed to involve creepy things, the things he said were creepy. And he shot a man in the face and then kept it quiet for a few days.
I think bush and cheney are the most disgusting and yes evil men to occupy that office. I may talk about Mccain agreeing with bush and voting with him way too often, but i don't think anyone will ever be as bad as bush/cheney. you can't draw comparisons between biden and cheney.

Putting aside our disagreements on whether or not Cheney and Bush are evil incarnate, you need to remember that, back in 2000, Cheney was generally thought of in terms similar to those in which you think of Biden: an well-respected foreign policy expert and old Washington hand, who was supposed to balance the alleged inexperience of the younger guy on the top of the ticket:
  • Cheney, 59, comes to the table with a resume that looks nearly ideal. He has experience as an elected official, at a high level inside the White House and in running a major federal agency.

Scott Reed, the former campaign manager for Bob Dole's 1996 run for the White House, said Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation" that Cheney would bring a keen understanding of Washington to the Bush campaign. "He'd probably almost be like a prime minister with helping to set up the White House, setting an agenda and dealing with Congress," Reed said.

Cheney graduated from the University of Wyoming in 1965 and worked in several lower- to mid-level posts in the Nixon administration in the late 1960s and early 1970s. After leaving the administration to briefly work in the private sector, he returned to the political arena when Gerald Ford became president after Nixon's resignation.

After Ford left office, Cheney was elected to Wyoming's sole House seat, eventually rising to minority whip. He resigned the post when the elder Bush asked him to serve as defense secretary.