Originally Posted By: the G-man
And, ray, I'm trying to be honest with you. I think the McCain=Bush argument, and the variations you've posted thereon, are something of a canard, for the reasons I've posted already.

While there will certainly be more attempts to argue McCain=Bush as a result of the convention, the fact of the matter is that Bush will be there opening night and then, as is typical for an outgoing incumbent, fade from view.

you're not reading what i am typing. i'm not arguing whether bush is mccain, i'm talking about the perception that mccain will have to deal with. i'm talking about the fine line he'll have to walk to please the base who still support bush, the unhappy republicans, and the undecideds. i'm not arguing whether he is the same as bush or not. i'm talking about how delicate it'll be for him.
learn to fucking read, old man. seriously.

Quote:
I seriously don't see it as that big of an issue, any more than the idea that Ted Kennedy speaking at the DNC somehow implied Obama was going to drown an intern in his car during a drunken driving incident.

anyone else i would just roll my eyes and be done with it. but you made such a stink when tony snow got sick and died about how mean people were to a sick man. kennedy is an old man who just had brain surgery and is so committed to his beliefs and his job that he gave a big speech in his frail state.
then you bitched today about me talking about something 2 days in a row.
you bring up an accident from 30 something years ago that you have repeatedly mentioned here.
i know you want to be like reagan, but the emulation should've stopped before you hit the alzheimers.

Bow ties are coool.