Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
Now, if she'd quit her job or turned down the VP spot because Trig needs more care, THAT would be putting him ahead of her political ambitions.

How convenient.

Couldn't one just as easily reason that it's Palin's desire to see politics change into what she views as a more ideal atmosphere for her children that motivates her to run?

I suppose. But the original point was that she chose to have kids and put them ahead of her political ambitions. That's what I was refuting. I don't pretend to know what motivates the woman to do anything so I won't speculate. But since you can tell if a movie's is good or bad by reading part of the script on-line rather than actually seeing it, I'll defer to your superior ability to guess her motivations without the benefit of actually knowing the woman.

Quote:
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
The difference is that most people that support a women's right to choose what to do with her body aren't necessarily FOR abortion.

Do you do this on purpose? Seriously, I didn't figure you'd go for making the issue more ambiguous by extrapolating the term "choice" so nebulously. You're starting to sound like one of those feminazis.

I'm sure you don't care, but you'd really impress me if you'd actually use terms like, "anti-abortion" and "pro-abortion" instead of "life" and "choice."

Impressing you is not particularly high on my list of things to do. But the fact is simple: I don't use those terms because I am neither for nor against abortion. I stand for the right of a woman to make an educated choice about whether to continue or end a pregnancy without the government forcing a decision one way or another.

I think it would be great if every woman who got pregnant would have no need to choose to end it. It would be awesome if pregnacies only happened when they were convenient and when the parents are together in a loving relationship and emotionally and financially stable enough to provide for the child in the best way possible. But that utopian society hasn't happened yet. The world that I live in needs Roe v. Wade.

Quote:
 Quote:
I just don't think that the government has the right to legislate what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

So do you think that Martin Short had a right to kill Dennis Quaid since he was in his colon?

Dude. That was a really stupid movie. If you wanted to impress me, you would have chosen Raquel Welch in Fantastic Voyage

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love