Thread Like Summary
Matter-eater Man
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy

I just ran across this article from the Spectator, that reminded me of then-Democrat majority leader Harry Reid's slander of Romney during the 2012 election:

Harry Reid: “I Lied About Romney, But He Didn’t Win, Did He?”

by Emily Zanotti

I blacked out for a good portion of the 2012 election cycle, because at the time, I was helping out the Romney campaign and competing with the rest of the GOP to see how quickly I could spiral into a substance abuse problem, just to make it all seem okay. But I do remember, vaguely, Harry Reid’s speech on the floor of Congress, where he claimed that Mitt Romney hadn’t paid taxes for the last decade, because an anonymous source told him so and had the records to prove it.

The anonymous source’s evidence never materialized, and most media outlets were forced to admit, even without ever seeing Mitt Romeny’s tax returns, that Reid’s claim was patently false. Romney’s tax 2010 and 2011 tax returns later proved that Romney had, indeed, paid taxes during at least those years, and based on what those returns showed of his stock holdings and dividends, it was clear he wasn’t set up for a “portfolio structured to yield zero taxes.” The Washington Post, linked, gave Reid’s claim four Pinnochios.

But all that is irrelevant, according to Harry Reid, who justified his lie to CNN’s Dana Bash by saying that “he didn’t win, did he?”

That’s low, even for Harry Reid. But I suppose it’s good to know exactly what Harry Reid was willing to do to accomplish what he wanted.

That's relatively tame deception on Reid's part, relatitve to more recent deceptions of the Democrats over the last 11 years.
But it does manifest how unprincipled, ruthless and truly evil the Democrats consistently are, just as a matter of course. And with no shame about it, even after the fact when they're caught and called on it. They openly boast about !
And 11 straight years of Democrat lying and deception since then. Why does anyone still believe or trust anything they say?

In the 1970's growing up, I just regarded the Democrats as a party with some silly ideas that didn't work, but still regarded Democrats (both their leadership, and their voters) as basically good and well-intended people who just bought into some notions about government that just don't work.

It was during the 1992 campaign that I lost trust in the liberal media, where they were clearly on the side of Bill Clinton, and deliberately misrepresenting and smothering coverage of the issues campaigned on by president George H.W. Bush. They would TELL you what G.H.W.Bush was TRYING to say, but beyond that partisan filter, they wouldn't let you uninterrupted hear what G.H.W.Bush was ACTUALLY SAYING.
Gee, what a surprise, with the liberal media completely on their side, the Clintons won in 1992.

There were soon after unprecedented deliberate deceptions and ruthlessness by the Bill Clinton administration, on a number of fronts.

The deceptions inherent in Hillary Clinton's healthcare plan, that fortunately failed.
The mysterious "suicide" of Vince Foster, and how Hillary Clinton and her staff immediately were in his office and had all Foster's files, at the exact same time Foster's body was discovered in a park.
One of the most defining for me in the Clinton era was "Travelgate". Where what was formerly a neutral office with the same people serving for decades under presidents of both parties, was suddenly awash in scandal. And it later came out, Hilllary Clinton wanted to slander and destroy the existing travel office staffers, just so she could fire them and give friends of hers cushy high-paying jobs in those positions.
It made me aware how Democrats in power care about no one, are very cynical, and don't have a second thought about destroying very modest and sincere people, just because they are perceived as being in the way. Many Senators and Congressmen, both Democrat and Republican, testified as character witnesses on behalf of the White House travel office staffers, and Frau Hillary's attempts to replace them ultimately failed, and they were exonerated and kept their jobs.
While the media largely covered for the Clintons on this and other issues, there were enough actual journalists to expose and nightly report the truth, that forced the Clintons to back off.

But now.... both in the Democrat elected ranks, and in the liberal media, it has become a ruthless united front and propaganda machine, rabidly against Republicans and for Democrats, on a self-appointed holy mission allow Democrats to do whatever they want.
I don't know if Travelgate would have been exposed in the current political environment, the unholy 4-way alliance of the Democrat party, the liberal media, Democrat loyalists in the DOJ, FBI, CIA, IRS and other federal agencies, and the tech/social media giants, all in lockstep now.

Another Clinton scandal that showed the Democrat hand was "Filegate". Where the Clinton White House was gathering FBI surveilance files on Republican officials, surveiling and digging into Republican leaders'
private lives, their financial dealings, their sexual affairs, their alcoholism or substance abuse, so as to blackmail surveiled Republicans, to coerce them into supporting (or at least not objecting to) Democrat political moves and legislation. Truly evil.
And supposedly that was the end of it, when Filegate was exposed.
But when I look at the massive FBI / FISA surveilance during the 2016 Trump campaign on Carter Page, and through him surveillance on every member of the Trump campaign, the surveilance on Rudy Giuliani, surveilance on Miranda Devine at the New York Post while investigating and preparing the Hunter Biden laptop story, FBI using that surveilance to prepare ahead of that story's release in the New York Post (because they were surveiilng Miranda Devine and Giuliani's every phone call and communication, they knew EXACTLY when the laptop story would be released).
And in those weeks just before the 2020 election, FBI and CIA (specifically FBI director Mike Morell, and then-Biden campaign manager Anthony Blinkin) set up a a fake letter with 51 intelligence officials, that THEY KNEW at the time to be fake, alleging the Biden laptop was "Russian disinformation" and in coordination with mainstream news agencies, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, all conspired to shut down and maliciously discredit the Hunter Biden laptop story so virtually no voters in the U.S. would be able to read it or share it, or even be able to Google it.

It makes me wonder if "Filegate"-style intimidation tactics are being used on Republican House and Senate members right now, as FBI and others higher up intended to do in the Clinton era. If this is still going on, it would give explanation to how so many Democrat bills are stated to be "dead on arrival" in the House or Senate, and then lo and behold, at the last minute 5 or 8 or 12 or 18 Republicans at the last minute "cross the aisle" to vote for crazy Democrat legislation,
Such as the latest $1.7 trillion legislation in Nov-Dec 2022, that funded the Democrat-Bolshevik wet dream of 87,000 new IRS agents, plus all kinds of transgender museums and other provisions,.
But virtually ZERO for Border Patrol, ICE and securing the border. And yet 18 Republican senators at the last minute signed on to that $1.7 trillion legislation, and like so many strange expensive pieces of legislation over the last 15 years or so, it made absolutely no sense that Republicans would sign this.
A "Filegate"-like FBI /Democrat-Bolshevik intimidation and blackmail scandal would explain a lot. With all the other abuses of the FBI, DOJ, CIA, IRS, OSHA, DEA, NSA, and even the U.S. Postal Service used for surveilance to spy on Trump Republicans, absolutely nothing is impossible and beyond belief at this point.

Even Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal, using FBI and other agencies to spy on Vietnam war dissenters,, only had the idea to do so because Nixon knew that FDR, JFK, and LBJ had all used FBI and IRS against their political enemies in the past. The difference is, when Nixon asked, they said no.
But when FDR, JFK, LBJ, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama asked FBI and IRS to attack their opponents, these federal agency heads instead sat up in their chairs and said "OOOOHH! Who would you like us to surveil or audit first?"

The difference is also, when Nixon was exposed in Watergate, Republicans in 1974 crossed the aisle and voted for impeachment of Nixon. Republicans believed in doing what was right, regardless of party.
Whereas Democrats always circle the wagons, for Clinton, Obama and now Biden, and absolutely refuse to allow investigation of the evidence that would expose these corrupt Democrat presidents to impeachment.
Even as they make up fake impeachment charges against Trump, not because he is actually guilty of anything, but just drive him out of office and consolidate Democrat-Bolshevik absolute power.
So they impeached Trump on fake charges. TWICE!! Even as the same FBI and DOJ bury the evidence against Obama, Hillary Clinton, and now Biden.
Liked Replies
by iggy
iggy
MEM sighting! Hello!

Really wish Wondy would just come to terms with the fact he doesn't want to drain the swamp. He just wants only his swamp monsters allowed to swim in it.
1 member likes this