RKMBs
Posted By: Danny Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-01 8:25 AM
I liked it. But they killed Wash. Joss Whedon is a bastard. But, yeah, I liked it. It was really good.
So it's "official", then?
Quote:

Danny said:
I liked it. But they killed Wash. Joss Whedon is a bastard. But, yeah, I liked it. It was really good.

Aw, damn. When you said spoilers, I never imagined it was specific. Many a time I've clicked on a thread that said "spoilers" and the "spoiler" was something assinine that anyone who'd seen the trailer would know. Ah, well. I'm sure there are other surprises in the film.
Posted By: rex Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-01 8:32 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Aw, damn. When you said spoilers, I never imagined it was specific. Many a time I've clicked on a thread that said "spoilers" and the "spoiler" was something assinine that anyone who'd seen the trailer would know. Ah, well. I'm sure there are other surprises in the film.

This is why I call you a fuckbitch.
And you are fucking, petty, obnoxious, jackass.
Posted By: Danny Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-01 8:50 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:

There are indeed.

My thread title specifically states there are spoilers. I feel no remorse. I figured it would be a conversation starter for those who had actually seen it.
Quote:

Danny said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:

There are indeed.

My thread title specifically states there are spoilers. I feel no remorse. I figured it would be a conversation starter for those who had actually seen it.

And you should feel none. I take full responsibility. I've just noticed people put spoiler warnings for the most insignificant things, like a specific plot point for what happened on Alias 3 seasons ago.
Posted By: Danny Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-01 8:57 AM
Yeah, I know.

SPOILER WARNING!

Batman is a dick!
Spoiler Warning- Darth Vader is Luke's father!
Spoiler Warning- Street Fighter: The Movie is REALLY fucking stupid.
Spoiler warning- this orange juice tastes bad.
Posted By: JQ Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-02 9:02 AM
fuck they killled
great movie, i caught the first showing friday morning.
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Quote:

Danny said:

you won't see it coming. its very sudden and they tease that other might be dying too in the final stand off. there was a point there where i believed they would all die in typical Western fashion.
Posted By: Danny Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-02 5:38 PM
Yeah, they certainly do raise the possibility.

SPOILERS! (Not that I should have to do that, it says it right there in the title of the thread).

By the time Simon got shot and River got taken by the Reavers I figured anything could happen.
Damn good movie. they really went all out to shatter the conventions of your typical sci-fi movie.
the villain was great. he was intelligent to a degree that he was scarier than any other villain I've seen in awhile, but at the same time he operated in a slightly gray area even going so far as to admit that he knew he was a bad man.
My friends and I all loved it. The dichotomy of being shocked at the events yet still smiling at the rapid-fire dialogue makes for a great set.

Saw it twice so far, and will likely see it at least once more. Between this, Sin City, and Batman Begins, its been a sweet year or films I enjoy...
This movie has an 8.7 rating on IMDB right now(with over 6,000 votes).

That's pretty hilarious.
Posted By: Danny Re: Serenity review (seriously. With spoilers) - 2005-10-03 10:36 AM
I loved the opening sequence. A prologue into a dream sequence into a flashback into The Operative viewing the flashback as security footage, all transitioning nicely. Followed by the opening graphic into that long one shot of Serenity's interior.

Also, the opening served to establish Simon as a bit of a badass when he needs to be.
© RKMBs