RKMBs
Posted By: Pig Iran Thor Movie - 2007-08-14 6:27 PM

Director Vaughn's choice... Kevin McKidd.

Marvel's choice................???

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 1:32 AM
...where are you getting this from?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 2:05 AM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11595
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:02 AM
I don't know who either of them are. The second one is clearly a wrestler, though, but can he act? The first guy certainly has the look tho...
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:04 AM
From one of his Playgirl magazines.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:05 AM
wrong I.D., Joey...
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:10 AM
Shut up,woman! No man told you to talk!
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:12 AM
Jeremy,please stop stalking me around the boards. No wonder people think I'm Joey.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:12 AM
And neither did you, but I'm still talkin'....
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 3:12 AM
Joey, do you like gladiator movies?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 5:33 AM
Jeremy can derail a thread quicker than anyone...thanks, Germy!
Posted By: URG Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 6:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57
Joey, do you like gladiator movies?
URG am love glad he ate her movies. Joey am only like Peter North movies. URG aint am ever going to a movie with that crazy little fuker again.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 7:24 AM
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin
I don't know who either of them are. The second one is clearly a wrestler, though, but can he act?

no, and he can't wrestle either.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 10:26 AM
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
I don't know who either of them are. The second one is clearly a wrestler, though, but can he act?

Yes, but if he stars in a Thor movie, that'll be a good couple of months he'll be off our TV screens with his long-winded boring ass promos.

Besides, couldn't you just see him saying some of Thor's lines?

"I-ahhhhhh.... Say-ahhhh... Thee-ahhhhh.... Nay-AHHHHHH!"
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 10:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf

Yes, but if he stars in a Thor movie, that'll be a good couple of months he'll be off our TV screens with his long-winded boring ass promos.

Besides, couldn't you just see him saying some of Thor's lines?

"I-ahhhhhh.... Say-ahhhh... Thee-ahhhhh.... Nay-AHHHHHH!"

yes, but the amount of time they would spend promoting the movie would be hundreds of times as long.
Posted By: Chant Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 12:20 PM
the second one, isn't that the dude from Rome?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 4:29 PM
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf

Who cares? I don't watch it anyway. And according to recent ratings, neither are many other people.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 4:41 PM
Hate to burst everyones bubbles, but whether you like him or not, HHH has actually been one of WWEs biggest draws in ages, and during the DX revival, his popularity was at an all time high.
The drop in ratings can be attributed to both him and HBK being out injured, and guys like Cena and Lashley not being anywhere near as popular as WWE would like.

As for his acting abilities, as long as he sticks to non demanding roles (like Thor as lets face it, thats not gonna need a Deniro level actor), he can be ok.
Despite Blade Trinity being shite, HHH was one of the more fun aspects of the film as it didnt stretch him.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 4:45 PM
The Thor thing completely depends on whether or not he is tethered to the Donald Blake persona or a God only.

I think Arad said that Iron Man, Thor, then Captain America would lead into an Avengers film...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-15 4:56 PM
I'm not so sure a Thor movie will work that well.
I think thats one of those characters which will not work that well if they stay too close to the source material.

Thor has always worked better as part of a team, and his solo books tend to be enjoyed more by people who have a better understanding of Norse mythology.

I could see it ending up like a Jason and the Argonauts or LOTR style film, than a superhero film!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-16 12:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-16 2:37 AM
Whats a matter Grimm?
Dont like being proved wrong?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-16 7:40 AM
you have yet to "prove" anything.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 1:24 AM
Didn't you hear? In England, opinions are used in place of facts. It's in all the papers...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 1:45 AM
And in America facts get changed to make America look like they did everything ever!

Fact.
WWE ratings have dropped since HHH and HBK have been out injured.
Is that "fact" an opinion?

Its amazing though, that the guy defending Grimm knows nothing about wrestling!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 2:29 AM
just like Triple H!

I remember another guy who thought he could wrestle and act, too. his name also started with H's, and he also claimed the ratings went down everytime he was gone. I didn't believe that steaming pile of shit when it was coming from his mouth, either, brother!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 2:54 AM
Difference is, these days theres actually not enough big names left in the E, unlike when Hasbeen was there!

Sadly, the fact that the E are still continuing to foist guys on us that nobody likes, means that HHH and HBK are actually carrying the company to a degree!
Pains me to say it, but its true!

Take this weeks RAW in MSG.
Half the audience were chanting "Cena" the other half were chanting "Sucks!"
And to make it worse, Randy Orton was getting cheered over Cena..........now thats desperate!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 2:56 AM
I couldn't care less about any of that. if they'd put on quality shows with wrestlers that knew how to wrestle, I might give a damn.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 2:58 AM
You wanna know whats even sadder?
If the rumours are true, WWE actually believe the way to raise ratings will be to feature more squash matches like the 30 second Kane match and Snitsky matches!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 6:06 AM
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
Its amazing though, that the guy defending Grimm knows nothing about wrestling!

I know enough to push your buttons, don't I?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Thor Movie - 2007-08-17 6:08 AM
Gee, just because someone doesn't agree with you.....blah blah blah blah blah
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor Movie - 2010-03-31 6:25 PM
Anthony Hopkins complains about 'Thor'
  • There's already drama behind the scenes of the highly anticipated flick "Thor," and we hear it's being stirred up by none other than Anthony Hopkins.

An on-set source says the Oscar winner is acting like quite the "divo" by constantly trying to "direct" Chris Hemsworth, who stars as the title character (and Hopkins' son) in the comic-book-based film.

"Anthony has not tried to hide his disapproval of Chris' acting skills," the insider says. "Chris is definitely the least-experienced actor on set, but he's trying. He respects Anthony a great deal, and it looks like he's trying to grin and bear all of his criticism."

The same can't be said of director Kenneth Branagh, who has apparently become annoyed after enduring Hopkins' criticism as well.

"Anthony keeps complaining that they're shooting too many scenes inside the L.A. studio and not enough on location," says the source, adding that the film, which is slated for release next year, has so many special effects that the cast is often in a studio against a green screen.

"He isn't used to this kind of work, and his pessimism is really starting to wear everyone down."

Reps for Hopkins and the film denied that the actor is displeased with Hemsworth and Branagh, but our insider adds that there have been other incidents of strife on the "Thor" production. According to the source, much of the cast and crew headed to New Mexico for a four-week shoot that has turned into six — and may go even longer.

"Everyone is cranky and frustrated that it's taking so long," says the spy. "But it's a very high-tech movie, and it just takes time to get things right."
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie - 2010-04-01 2:45 AM
Which is why they should have used Brian-fucking-Blessed. Morons.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Thor Movie - 2010-04-01 2:51 AM
Hopkins my very well be right about Hemsworth, but he really should show some professionalism.
Its one of the reasons guys like him should not do films like this, as he obviously seemed to think this was gonna be some sort of Shakespearian epic.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor Movie - 2010-04-01 2:57 AM
Not to mention that, at this point (ie, after making Dracula, the Wolfman and Red Dragon, just to name three), Hopkins shouldn't be bitching about being in genre films.

Which is why they should have used Brian-fucking-Blessed. Morons.

I'm the G-man and I approve this message.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-04-30 5:50 PM
The Look Of Thor – First Photo

Posted By: allan1 Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-04-30 7:35 PM
He's got a beard.....that's cool.Walt Simonson will be ecstatic.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-05-01 5:54 AM
Looking good!
Posted By: rex Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-05-01 6:10 AM
Is he mooning Iron Man?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-14 7:20 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-15 2:14 AM
Hrm.....okay...
Posted By: rex Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-15 2:59 AM
gay
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-15 3:10 AM
Lothar, don't be
Posted By: allan1 Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-19 5:33 PM

A look at the throne room in Asgard.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 1:36 AM
Not bad.

I really would have preferred a more primitive, fire-and-magic look. But, I also know that Marvel...to better integrate it with RDjr's Iron Man universe...is going with the aspect that their "magic" is simply mega-advanced technology we just can't comprehend. So, I'm willing to have an open mind. If the movie is good, then it's good...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 4:33 AM
Also, Lee-Kirby Thor always had a certain amount of "supertech" look so this isn't that much a break from the classic version of Asgard

Posted By: thedoctor Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 4:38 AM
Not bad.

I really would have preferred a more primitive, fire-and-magic look. But, I also know that Marvel...to better integrate it with RDjr's Iron Man universe...is going with the aspect that their "magic" is simply mega-advanced technology we just can't comprehend. So, I'm willing to have an open mind. If the movie is good, then it's good...

Yeah, it's not like they'd use something like that for a realm that's supposed to be otherworldly and for the gods.

Also, notice Loki in the far left? Looks like they made the horns work.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 5:30 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

MAGIC, how do they work?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 5:49 AM
WATCHERS, the race of cosmic beings!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Movie: First Photo of Thor - 2010-07-20 6:46 AM
Marvel always says that the Asgardians (and other pantheons) are just aliens anyway. so, it fits with the cosmic tech scenario. not sure about the closeup pic, but the throne room pic is aweshome.
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Lothar, don't be gay like me.

ok
Posted By: thedoctor Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-26 6:59 PM
 Quote:
The Thor segment of the panel was a 180-degree turn from Captain America: The First Avenger. Practically the entire cast turned out to promote the film. Director Kenneth Branagh not only had his hero Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Loki (Tom Hiddleston) the God of Mischief but his leading ladies and one very familiar S.H.I.E.L.D. agent that wasn’t Samuel Jackson. Despite the living embodiment of Thor on stage and Comic Con babe Natalie Portman, Kenneth Branagh ruled the stage. Branagh answered questions with such a knowledge and grasp of the character that if there had been doubt of him as the director it was now gone.

The footage screened was the trailer, twice actually, and it again reiterated that Branagh was the right director for the project. He easily bridges the gap between Asgard and Earth. The film feels epic in scope yet each of the action sequences were gritty and raw. To see the Asgardiansbrought to life didn’t look hokey or strange. Let’s face it, it could have. Instead it was regal and majestic. It was Jack Kirby’s comic book brought to life.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-28 7:47 AM
Odin's a pimp.

http://twitpic.com/27z0iz
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-28 7:53 AM
Odin is jabba the hut
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-28 7:54 AM
Jabba's a pimp!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-28 7:58 AM
I got nothin'
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Thor Comic Con - 2010-07-28 7:59 AM
That's why Jabba's a pimp, and you're not.
Posted By: rex Thor trailer starring pros favorite Avenger - 2010-07-29 9:08 AM
Decent trailer. To which "favorite Avenger" do you refer, reax?
i think he meant grimm's favorite avenger
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor trailer starring pros favorite Avenger - 2010-07-29 8:44 PM
there was no grey Hulk in that trailer. . .kicked ass though.
Posted By: rex Re: Thor trailer starring pros favorite Avenger - 2010-07-29 8:52 PM
I'm still undecided about it. I never cared about Thor but I'll end up watching this movie just to see what they're doing with the Marvel universe in it.
Posted By: rex Re: Thor trailer starring pros favorite Avenger - 2010-12-11 3:27 AM

The official version of the trailer that we all saw weeks ago.
I'm not a big fan of the character but it looks like a decent sci-fi/action flick. Unless the reviews are really negative I'll probably see it.
natalie portman jigglies!
What an ass!

Oh, I mean on Portman.....
Posted By: the G-man White supremacists urge Thor boycott - 2010-12-18 2:50 AM
White supremacists urge Thor boycott over casting of black actor as Norse god:
  • The Council of Conservative Citizens is upset that London-born Idris Elba, star of The Wire and BBC detective series Luther as well as a number of Hollywood films, is to play deity Heimdall in the Marvel Studios feature. The group, which opposes inter-racial marriage and gay rights, has set up a website, boycott-thor.com to set out its opposition to what it sees as an example of leftwing social engineering.....

Thor, starring the Anglo-Saxon-looking Chris Hemsworth in the title role, and Jewish actor Natalie Portman as his love interest is due to arrive in cinemas next May.

\:lol\:

This. Has. To. Be. A. Joke.
Posted By: rex Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott - 2011-02-18 3:09 AM
New tralier

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/694-new-thor-trailer-features-oscar-hopeful-natalie-portman
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott - 2011-02-20 7:22 AM
That makes it look better.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: White supremacists urge Thor boycott - 2011-02-20 6:57 PM
Posted By: rex Thor - 2011-04-04 9:28 PM
I don't know if this is old news or not but Jeremy Renner will have a cameo in Thor as Hawkeye.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 5:53 AM
Review: Thor is the best Marvel movie yet. In this spoiler free review, CBR’s Jonah Weiland takes a look at Marvel Studios’ “Thor,” a movie that strikes a decidedly different tone for super hero films and is deftly handled by director Kenneth Branagh.

They're already putting this out for previews? Wow.
Posted By: Rob Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 7:42 AM
the only marvel studios film worth mentioning is iron man, since the rest are poo. but, being better than iron man, which was awesome, is pretty high praise, i spose.

of all the marvel films released or teased thus far, thor is the character i care about the least. i could give the smallest fuck about thor. i could give such a small fuck about the character, it's like a non fuck. a snarf, if you will.

but, what the hey, movies are free on tuesday now, so i'm in!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 8:34 AM
I base all of my movie opinions on Pro's predictions. What's Pro's take on Thor?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 9:09 AM
Business in the front, party in the back!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 9:14 AM
Is that your philosophy on gay sex?
Posted By: allan1 Re: Thor - 2011-04-18 6:12 PM
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-04-19 1:02 AM
Posted By: URG Re: Thor - 2011-04-19 2:05 AM
Thor am big pussy sissy boy. Urg am watch movie to see Portmans hot ass than URG am laugh at big pussy sissy boy.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-06 8:07 PM
Opens today in the U.S. and is currently getting an eighty-one percent positive score over at Rotten Tomatoes.

I want to see it this weekend. However, I've also heard rumors it's only shown in 3-D and I wear glasses. So I'm not positive I'll see it.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Thor - 2011-05-06 8:22 PM
I liked it.

Besides all the action and whatnot it had a good sense of humor about itself.

There are a few moments of Xena/Hercules type silliness. Some people like that shit.

Going in I didn't think I'd like it, but it won me over.

I'd also like to have lots of sex with Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 3:41 AM
Everything was real good in the movie except for the story. I left fealing underwhelmed. Most likley it's because I'm not much into Thor comics.

I wonder if that big black guy he fought at the S.H.I.E.L.D site was Luke Cage? Probably not.
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 3:42 AM
Of all the movies in the world, this is the one my mother in law wants to see over the weekend. It looks like a good movie but I want to sees a GIRLS MOVIE \:p
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 3:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

I wonder if that big black guy he fought at the S.H.I.E.L.D site was Luke Cage? Probably not.

Did he say "Sweet Christmas"?
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 3:56 AM
I don't think he said anything, he just gave Thor some trouble.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 4:34 AM
Opens today in the U.S. and is currently getting an eighty-one percent positive score over at Rotten Tomatoes.

I want to see it this weekend. However, I've also heard rumors it's only shown in 3-D and I wear glasses. So I'm not positive I'll see it.

You can wear the glasses on top of your glasses. I have big, thin-rimmed square glasses (the kind used by old people, not the thick ones used by hipsters) as well, and I can wear the 3D glasses on top of it.

Also, the 3D is crap and tacked on. About 95% of the movie can be watched without using the 3d Glasses.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 4:55 AM
the 3D was pointless. If I'd known the midnight shows were only 3D, I would've waited. that said, it was damn good. possibly the best of the Marvel series so far.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 6:24 AM
I enjoyed it a lot.Really good balance between scenes in Asgard and Earth.This probably me second favorite behind the first Iron Man movie.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 9:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: PrincessElisa
Of all the movies in the world, this is the one my mother in law wants to see over the weekend. It looks like a good movie but I want to sees a GIRLS MOVIE \:p

WATCH OUT, one of the gods is played by a black guy.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 11:37 AM
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 4:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

You can wear the glasses on top of your glasses....

Understood. I'm just not thrilled about the idea of having to do so for two hours.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Thor - 2011-05-07 9:11 PM
I hate this 'let's drop a buncha 3D shit into this movie!' trend and hope it dies horribly soon. preferably taking m. night shymalan's career (or the career of someone equally deserving) with it.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 2:27 AM
I'd like for it to die out, too, but one of the managers at the theatre here made a comment about them being all 3D by the end of next year. if that's true, I will quit going altogether.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 2:49 AM
Here's my plan: There's a 3D noon showing tomorrow near where I live and a non-3D one about twenty minutes thereafter. I'm going to give the 3D a try. If, I decide I prefer 2D I'll just go over to the other theater. Sure, I'll have to watch about twenty minutes twice but I can live that. And, yeah, I'll pay more for the 3D ticket but I figure it's worth trying once.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 3:10 AM
Seeing Thor's abs twice would be good for you.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 3:28 AM
If, by "Thor's abs" you mean "Kat Dennings' rack," I agree.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 5:57 AM
in all honesty, skip the 3D and save some money. since the movie wasn't meant to be in 3D, it adds nothing to it, even in scenes where the 3D *should* be something special.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 6:02 AM
I'd like for it to die out, too, but one of the managers at the theatre here made a comment about them being all 3D by the end of next year. if that's true, I will quit going altogether.
I don't care for 3D. I doubt I'll stop going to the theatre if everything goes 3D.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 8:09 AM
There are some movies that gain something in 3D, like Tron (or Avatar I guess, I saw it in 2D). This isn't one.
Posted By: iggy Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 8:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
I hate this 'let's drop a buncha 3D shit into this movie!' trend and hope it dies horribly soon. preferably taking m. night shymalan's career (or the career of someone equally deserving) with it.

Captain Sammitch for movie theater mod!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-08 10:21 PM
Overall, I liked it. Good action in the scenes on Asgard and battling the frost giants. Same with the battle between Thor and the Destroyer. It was nice to see a Superman-level character in a movie do something other than lift things and stalk his ex.

More CGI than I prefer but that's to be expected these days.

Most of the actors were good. The one exception: Kat Dennings' character was too annoying, especially the way she wore baggy loose fitting tops throughout the movie. Also, while I realize it was necessitated by the plot, there was nothing in the movie to explain why Thor would be interested in Foster and not (as often the case in the comics) Sif.

Enjoyed some of the subtle nods to Marvel history: the mention of a Gamma-ray expert who got involved with SHIELD and was never seen again, the SHIELD agent assuming the Destroyer was "one of Stark's" inventions, calling Thor "Don" as a fake name to SHIELD, etc.

The post-credits scene with Fury was the weakest one of the series so far, but I guess that's going to be expected since they've now lined up everything except Cap for the Avengers movie.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 1:13 AM
What was the power source Fury and whatshisname were looking at?
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 1:58 AM
I take it back. It was a good movie, just a depressing ending \:p
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 2:14 AM
What was the power source Fury and whatshisname were looking at?

Had to be the Cosmic Cube
Posted By: Hybrid Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 2:55 AM
yeah it was the cosmic cube. Was the guy Loki was controlling anyone of importance or just some random guy?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 3:45 AM
It depends on what you mean by "importance."

In the film, he's obviously a major supporting character. He is supposed to be in the Avengers movie from what I've read and, as written in the closing scene, someone who is going to be working closely with SHIELD.

I don't think he even exists in the comic books, however.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 5:03 AM
Great movie. Good action and humor. Kat Dennings was hilarious. G-man is old. Rob is gay.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 5:04 AM
also i remember seeing something about the cosmic cube being involved with the captain america movie so that might connect to what happened at the end
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 5:34 AM
I don't care for 3D. I doubt I'll stop going to the theatre if everything goes 3D.

I barely go now, for a number of reasons. but making everything pointlessly 3D just to raise prices? fuck that.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 5:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
There are some movies that gain something in 3D, like Tron (or Avatar I guess, I saw it in 2D). This isn't one.

movies that gain in 3D, are generally shot with 3D in mind, that's why they gain something. if they had intended this to be 3D, it would've been a totally different experience. scenes with Thor's hammer, or the Destroyer's energy blasts, or the bridge transport could've been so much more if they'd been made with 3D in mind, instead of needlessly tacking it on afterward.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Thor - 2011-05-09 4:49 PM
http://www.2d-glasses.com/

Yeah.......
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Thor - 2011-05-11 1:23 AM
I liked Thor, like all super-hero origin movies, the good stuff was rushed after the setup was out of the way. Still solid. The theater I was at was 80% 35 yr old and over crowd, not sure thats a good sign for total box office draw.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Thor - 2011-05-11 3:47 AM
I liked it. 3D could have been better but it was enjoyable. Thor, Odin and Loki were believable. The Warriors Three provided the right amount of comedic relief. Black Heimdall was OK. Nick "Snakes on a Mother-Fucking Samuel L. Jackson" Fury was not.

Spoilers:

Interesting twist that Thor is forced to stay in Asgaard while Loki is on Earth. I guess Loki will be the main villain in the Avengers film after all.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Thor - 2011-05-14 4:53 AM
I thought Hulk was the bad guy in the Avengers film. Maybe Loki will cause Hulk to rampage in the movie. I doubt a hulk fight would take up the whole movie.

Review: 'Thor' rumbles, never quite roars
http://www.katu.com/entertainment/movies/121189814.html?ref=morestories

Posted By: rex Re: Thor - 2011-07-15 5:12 AM
Saw it today. After hearing so many polarizing views on it I didn't expect anything and ended up enjoying it.

Since the screen I saw it on was also playing it in 3D the whole movie was darker than is should be. I can't wait for this fucking fad to die out.
Posted By: rex Re: Thor - 2011-07-23 10:59 PM

Idris Elba was not officially Luke Cage in Thor but he does want to play Luke Cake in future movies. I think they put him in there to see if there was any interest in the character.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Thor - 2011-07-23 11:06 PM
Idris Elba was Heimdall. So, you're racist.
Posted By: rex Re: Thor - 2011-07-23 11:09 PM
Its not my fault they all look alike.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor - 2011-08-15 8:25 PM
Watched this. All the Asgard stuff was incredible. All the Earth stuff was boring, cliched shit. In my opinion, while not a bad movie at all, it certainly ranks at the bottom of the Avengers Family movie list (CAP, IM, IM2, HULK, THOR).

Overall, I liked it. Good action in the scenes on Asgard and battling the frost giants.

Best fight scene of the movie, especially when he's spinning it. Never thought I'd see that realized so elegantly in live-action form.

Quote:
Same with the battle between Thor and the Destroyer.

What, the first five-seconds of it, or the last five-seconds? \:lol\: The Destroyer went down waaay too easy.

Quote:
Most of the actors were good. The one exception: Kat Dennings' character was too annoying

TOTALLY agreed! She was a cliche of a cliche. Without showing us her boobs, there was little point to her being in any scene.

Quote:
Also, while I realize it was necessitated by the plot, there was nothing in the movie to explain why Thor would be interested in Foster and not (as often the case in the comics) Sif.

Agreed. I thought Portman was flat as hell. She (and he) had zero motivation to "fall" for each other. My wife pointed out an interesting comparison: In Captain America, Haley Atwell falls for Steve Rogers for the man he is on the inside....in Thor, Portman falls for Thor because he's "hot" on the outside. She can barely tell you anything about him by the end of the movie. What on earth is she attracted to, then? Obviously she wants to fuck him. Ha!

Quote:
Enjoyed some of the subtle nods to Marvel history: the mention of a Gamma-ray expert who got involved with SHIELD and was never seen again, the SHIELD agent assuming the Destroyer was "one of Stark's" inventions, calling Thor "Don" as a fake name to SHIELD, etc.

Quote:
The post-credits scene with Fury was the weakest one of the series so far, but I guess that's going to be expected since they've now lined up everything except Cap for the Avengers movie.

I get the feeling, for some reason, that this scene would have been with Ed Norton's Bruce Banner, instead of that guy from Good Will Hunting. After recasting and probably some rewriting, they had to stick this little bit together with what they had. I'm just guessing, but it seems organic to me.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor - 2011-08-15 8:26 PM
Oh and black Heimdall was bad-the-fuck-ass!! Just saying.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Thor - 2011-08-15 11:19 PM
I need a horse!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 12:10 AM
 Quote:
What, the first five-seconds of it, or the last five-seconds? The Destroyer went down waaay too easy.

no, actually it makes sense. The Destroyer is powered by Odin-force. Odin falls into one of his periodic "sleep modes" to replenish his power, Destroyer's link to power source is cut off. He uses up all his stores on Earth, enabling Thor to put him down pretty easily.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 12:20 AM
 Quote:
What, the first five-seconds of it, or the last five-seconds? The Destroyer went down waaay too easy.

no, actually it makes sense. The Destroyer is powered by Odin-force. Odin falls into one of his periodic "sleep modes" to replenish his power, Destroyer's link to power source is cut off. He uses up all his stores on Earth, enabling Thor to put him down pretty easily.

In a comic, agreed. In a movie, I want a fight scene...
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 12:25 AM
I understand that. I would've preferred a longer fight myself. but it does make sense. if it had been the big ending battle, it would likely have gone longer. but it wasn't. it was a plot tool for Thor to get his powers back. in that sense, it works.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 12:46 AM
Yeah, I would have also preferred a longer fight. My point was that it was nice to actually see a "Superman level" movie character actually fight someone in their relative strength class as opposed to lift things and stalk people.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 1:47 AM
It was also nice to see black people get their asses kicked by the superior race.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 3:25 AM
Yeah, I would have also preferred a longer fight. My point was that it was nice to actually see a "Superman level" movie character actually fight someone in their relative strength class as opposed to lift things and stalk people.

right? that's one of the reasons we like Superman 2 so much. the big fights with Zod & co.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Thor - 2011-08-17 5:43 AM
Presactly. And Thor benefitted from 30 years of advancements in special effects (and no Richard Lester to throw in some extra camp).
© RKMBs