RKMBs
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-13 8:45 PM
the premiere was on last night.
Great episode. I'm surprised it got on the air though.
I notice the animation is more complex. There was more movement and an odd sense of 3D to their world. It's very surreal since they purposefully keep the characters looking the same and mainly use "bouncy walking."
Posted By: Whit Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-13 9:04 PM
You sure?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-13 9:24 PM
Are you HIV positive?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-13 9:54 PM
good episode. loved the part when the white guy came racing in to tell the africans the cure for aids...
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-13 10:50 PM
A solid start to the season. Plenty of funny moments (I laughed every time Cartman made the "We're not just sure, we're HIV positive!" crack), and it's always fun to see them goof on a celebrity (even if it's an easy target like Jimmy Buffett). Two of my favorite moments were Kyle's reaction to the news of Cartman's illness (which was 12 seasons coming and didn't disappoint) and the fight between Kyle and Cartman (no slapfight here, just a good old fashioned beatdown) leading to Kyle's vengeance. As much as I love Cartman, it's always funny when things get turned around on him.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 12:41 AM
SHIT!

Somebody embed a stream of the episode.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:05 AM
i've never even giggled at a episode of south park.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:06 AM
And that makes you a cold and heartless human being.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:08 AM
with a good sense of humor.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

you fail
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:09 AM
if by fail you mean win, then yes. i win. again.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:10 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 1:11 AM
again.
Posted By: URG Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 3:12 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
SHIT!

Somebody embed a stream of the episode.

http://www.stansdad.com

every episode is on there.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-14 2:04 PM
why didnt they just call it crap.com?
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-15 10:21 AM

Not even CRIPPLE FIGHT!

That scene is extra special to me because it's a parody of the fight in They Live.

Cripples and Roddy Pipers - what's not to like?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-15 3:37 PM
i never made it that far i guess!

good episode, some real funny moments but also kind of sad because they made a good point about the cruel way people obsess over britney spears' slow public death.
it was pretty impressive how they balanced it all out to deliver some good laughs.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-20 7:52 PM
Yet another "how the fuck did they get that on the air" episode.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-20 8:16 PM
This makes the season 2 for 2. I love the episodes that are funny but DARK. And this episode was DARK pretty much from start to finish.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-26 9:34 PM
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have put up every episode of South Park online for free. Have fun.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-26 9:40 PM
They don't have the rights to show the most recent ones but there's still plenty to watch.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-26 9:51 PM
 Quote:
Due to continuing contractual obligations, all new episodes will be available online for 7 days after they premiere on Comedy Central. These episodes will return permanently to the site 30 days after they air.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-26 9:53 PM
So, you can watch the Brittany ep. right now but not the Cartman and Kyle with HIV ep. After tomorrow you'll be able to watch tonight's episode but not last week's Brittany ep.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 12:13 AM

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 3:10 AM
my son could write funnier stuff than that...
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 3:31 AM
Yeah well my son fucked Christian Bale.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 5:30 AM
Heavy Metal. Heh.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 5:49 AM
Yeah, I liked the Heavy Metal referances too.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 8:07 AM
Christian Bale was a good lay! Plus, he had a batmobeel!
Posted By: PJP Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-27 9:14 PM
It's a Tumbler.
Posted By: PCgay Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-28 8:16 PM
from batman?
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-28 8:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
It's a Tumbler.

No YOU are!

Season 12...3 for 3.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-03-28 9:42 PM
The Heavy Metal ep wasn't quite as great as the first two of the season but it was still really good. I especially liked the way that Kyle's dad and mom were standing there at the press conference like Mr and Mrs Spitzer and Mrs. B's "don't touch me" line.
last night's episode was great. the penis-mouse and cartman as edward james olmos were just brilliant ideas.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-10 4:25 PM
Yeah, I actually had to pause that episode for about five minutes during the middle I was laughing so hard.

This may be their best season ever. Four eps in and not a bad one yet.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-11 8:01 AM
When the penis stopped on the fence, and sang at the moon...

that was just beautiful.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-11 11:11 AM
and wasn't that the song (or a close parody) from American Tail?
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-11 5:09 PM
You are correct.

That ep was a nearly perfect distillation of why South Park rules. They take two simple premises: dick jokes and a parody of one of those "dedicated teacher" films and use them to poke fun at (in no particular order and not limited to): race relations, the New England Patriots, genetic engineering, Disney films, abortion and the American school system.
Posted By: URG Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 1:56 AM
URG am Hate them Disney films. Someday URG am gonna kick Walt Disney in the nuts!
Posted By: notwedge Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 3:18 AM
An American Tale was not a Disney film, thank you very much.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 4:12 AM
 Originally Posted By: URG
URG am Hate them Disney films. Someday URG am gonna kick Walt Disney in the nuts!

Those nuts am frozen solid. You could break your toe.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 9:12 AM
The mouse penis episode was amusing. The only LOL scene was when Garrison dragged the guy out of the sauna by his dick. The rest was amusing at best.
Cartman as Edward James Olmos didn't make you laugh?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 7:05 PM
It was ok. I just didn't fall on the floor laughing my ass of over it.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 7:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
The mouse penis episode was amusing. The only LOL scene was when Garrison dragged the guy out of the sauna by his dick.

You didn't laugh your ass off at scene of the cops drawing Mickey Mouse with a giant boner? Or Cartman kneecaping the kid while playing b-ball?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-12 7:42 PM
HOW DO I REECH THEES KEED!?
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

You didn't laugh your ass off at scene of the cops drawing Mickey Mouse with a giant boner?

that was one of the most shocking south park moments ever. it was like they were begging to be sued. parker and stone, unlike most creators, get ballsier each year.
another good, but weird episode.
the episodes this year have been bizarre and extremely funny. they don't even bother to stick to one spoof at a time anymore, now they combine teen drug crazes with anne frank and heavy metal. this week's episode blended our obsession with the internet with grapes of wrath and close encounters of the third time with a steven segal ending (from that movie with the loggers). and parker and stone manage to tie everything together so perfectly that each idea flows together flawlessly. i'm glad the show has a few more years under contract, with the way they keep improving i can't wait to see how great they are in season 13 and 14.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-18 3:58 PM
This week's episode wasn't as good as the past four, but it was still pretty solid. Even though I knew how the internet problem was going to be resolved it was still funny to watch it play out. Randy Marsh cracked me up from start to finish. And I have to admit, it was kinda cool to see an episode that didn't rely on Cartman or Butters for its funniest moments. Good stuff.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 3:58 AM
Tonight's the last new episode until October.

Too damn bad. I don't think they've ever knocked it out of the park as consistently as this spring.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 4:00 AM
I don't understand why there's so few episodes per season.

I thought South Park was supposed to have a whole lot more turn around since it takes so little time to produce.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 4:04 AM
I think that Comedy central doesn't pay for any more than what we get.
i also don't think parker and stone want to do more. the show is a moneymaker but if you listen to the dvd commentaries they talk about getting burned out after only those 6 or 7 episodes and need several months down time.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 4:38 AM
Makes sense to me. Better to do approximately 13 really good, funny, episodes per year (6 or 7 in the spring and another 6 or 7 in the fall) than 25 mediocre ones.
great episode last night. i really think that was the best one they've ever done. so many layered and bizarre jokes, and the animation looked great.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 8:07 PM
It was very good last night. Not the best ever, but still excellent.

After last night, there's no doubt, however, that this was the best season ever. Every episode was great. Even the weaker ones were still classics.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 9:20 PM
Having lived near both Plymouth (Plimouth Plantation) and Salem (Salem Witch Trials and whatnot) for most of my life, I thought last night's episode was great. They had the "actors" down pat. The two "action movie" subplots were funny as hell, and the episode's ending made me laugh out loud. Solid damn episode that capped off a solid damn season.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-04-24 9:26 PM
 Quote:
the episode's ending made me laugh out loud

Same here.
Posted By: Whit Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-09 5:13 AM
Herro please!
Posted By: iggy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-09 11:10 AM
You don't just run around shooting people in the dicks!
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-09 11:51 AM
The Indiana Jones aspect was great. But the way Cartmen let up on China was disappointing.

They knew it would be out of character, but they knew they had to make Cartmen say it to get their point across about China--Coming from him, it would qualify as a finality on the subject. They apparently felt that "shooting dicks" would be viral enough to compensate for the character-dive. Wasn't enough for me. It reminds me too much of how the Simpsons writers have depended upon Homer's stupidity as a means of distracting from a plot point or not allowing closure to a story.

Fuck the Chinese.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-09 5:18 PM
Yeah, overall it was one of their weaker episodes. Even the Indiana Jones aspect was diluted somewhat by the fact they already pwned Lucas and Spielberg on the "special editions", etc.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-09 8:08 PM
The Indiana Jones aspect was great. But the way Cartmen let up on China was disappointing.

They knew it would be out of character, but they knew they had to make Cartmen say it to get their point across about China--Coming from him, it would qualify as a finality on the subject. They apparently felt that "shooting dicks" would be viral enough to compensate for the character-dive. Wasn't enough for me. It reminds me too much of how the Simpsons writers have depended upon Homer's stupidity as a means of distracting from a plot point or not allowing closure to a story.

Fuck the Chinese.

God help me, I completely agree. It's like they knew they didn't have enough of Indiana Jones for a complete episode, so they threw in the China subplot so they could get Butters and Cartman involved. That said, Butters' drawn-on glasses cracked me up.
a slow episode. I liked Indiana Jones and thought their criticisms were a bit too harsh (given that they didn't get that mean about Phantom Menace) but that was saved by the rape analogy which was too strange to not be funny.
Cartman's Chinese storyline was boring and I kept hoping for it to have a crab people type ending to justify it all. In fact a crab people ending would've been perfect and would've gotten the point across while still being funny.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-11 9:44 PM
'South Park' vs. Lucas and Spielberg: Too far?

So, apparently, you can mock every major religion and most major US political figures repeatedly but, god forbid, you should make fun of Spielberg and Lucas.
Posted By: Whit Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-10-16 5:11 AM
Killer titties. ;\)
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-05 7:47 PM
New South Park episode tonight on Comedy Central - About Last Night...
  • A new President has been elected and the citizens of South Park are partying in the streets in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled, “About Last Night...” premiering TONIGHT, Wednesday, November 5 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL.

While the country celebrates, the President-elect catches everyone off guard when he arrives at the White House prematurely. From the Oval Office, the new Commander-In-Chief assembles his team and prepares for the job ahead.

Preview here.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-05 7:54 PM
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 9:25 AM
Oh please.

That was way too even-handed. It felt like it was done on purpose too. They didn't want to piss off anyone. Sucks.

I'm tired of the whole "they both suck" tune. I KNOW THAT ALREADY. But it is possible for one to suck more than another.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 12:03 PM
Oh please.

That was way too even-handed. It felt like it was done on purpose too. They didn't want to piss off anyone. Sucks.

I'm tired of the whole "they both suck" tune. I KNOW THAT ALREADY. But it is possible for one to suck more than another.

don't be such a baby. it was about the zealot supporters and then a heist plot that was just about being surreal and funny and one of those brilliant south park plots.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 12:47 PM
I already know about zealot supporters. I want to see satire involving the candidates.

They blew a good chance to weigh in.
why are they obligated to "make a point?" why can't they just do a comedy show the way they want to do it?
Posted By: Rob Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 1:01 PM
i didnt see this one yet, but i thought the two-parter from the past two weeks was pretty lame.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 1:11 PM
The one about guinea pigs?
Posted By: Rob Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 1:20 PM
yes.

but that's racist.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 1:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
why are they obligated to "make a point?" why can't they just do a comedy show the way they want to do it?

Where did I say they're obligated to do anything? Satire is comedic. This was just stupid.

It wasn't funny. And the fact that you consider this humor is pretty sad.

What's worse is that it's following that terrible Guineas pigs episode.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 4:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh last spring
...this was the best season ever. Every episode was great. Even the weaker ones were still classics.

WTF happened? The first half of the season, last spring, was brilliant: the internet episode, the Britney Spears bit, the genetic engineered mouse dick, etc. This half of the season is, other than the Indiana Jones bit and a couple moments with Craig, almost universally bad.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 4:09 PM
I liked the episode where Cartman fought Wendy
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 4:18 PM
The ending for that one sucked.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 6:07 PM
The two-parter was their attempt to lampoon the "reality-based" horror flicks such as Cloverfield and Quarantine. It came across as forced and unfunny. Last night's episode was a lot more fun. Rather than do the obvious and expected (an episode that skewered one or both candidates), they took a different route. The main plot - a send-off of every heist film of the last ten years - was intelligent and well done. The B-story (the way that the town reacts to the election) was biting but unintrusive, which is fine by me. Even the minimal use of the main characters was okay, especially the way they tied in the two plots.

If you went into the episode expecting Matt and Trey to comment on the election and for scathing, irreverent, borderline-offensive jokes at the candidates' expenses, then of course you were disappointed. Perhaps rightfully so. But if you went into watching the episode with an open mind and no expectations/prejudices, you got a solid, quality episode.

Go help me, I do agree with Pariah that the ending of the Wendy Vs. Cartman episode was weak.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 7:21 PM
Yeah, what WAS the ending for that ep? It was so weak I can't even remember it now. Seriously.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 7:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Yeah, what WAS the ending for that ep? It was so weak I can't even remember it now. Seriously.

Wendy kicks the shit outta Cartman (hilarious). Then she walks away and Cartman cries to the boys that they think he's a fag. They tell him that they couldn't ever think less of him and he spins it to believe "they're making me feel better because they think I'm just that cool." Cartman celebrates as the boys look on, confused and a bit disgusted. Call it the "Insurgents Ending," which was the only thing that made it tolerable for me.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 7:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Call it the "Insurgents Ending," which was the only thing that made it tolerable for me.

\:lol\:

Now that you mention it....
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-06 8:54 PM
Call it the "Insurgents Ending,"

Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-07 3:42 AM
If you went into the episode expecting Matt and Trey to comment on the election and for scathing, irreverent, borderline-offensive jokes at the candidates' expenses, then of course you were disappointed. Perhaps rightfully so. But if you went into watching the episode with an open mind and no expectations/prejudices, you got a solid, quality episode.

No. It wasn't funny--In any sense of the word. It was crap.

The fact that they copped out just makes it worse. Even if I didn't have any expectations, it's still be the same shitty episode based on the same shitty George Clooney movie. This wasn't satire.
Posted By: iggy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-14 8:08 AM
The High School Musical parody was great. To me, last night really made up for some of the blander stuff they have done this season.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-14 8:27 AM
It's gonna take quite a few High School Musicals to make up for the Guinea Pig and Election episodes.
Posted By: iggy Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-14 8:34 AM
That's why I said the blander, not the down right bad.
Posted By: Rob Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-14 8:45 AM
i just saw both, the high school musical and finally the election one. i didn't think the election one was terrible, but it wasn't funny -- unlike the guinea pigs one, which was terrible.

the musical one was great, though. best one of this set, certainly through comparison, but also standing out on its own.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-14 5:19 PM
Actually, having now seen how both my liberal friends and the conservative friends reacted to the election, Randy's antics in the Election episode were pretty perfect.

The High School Musical one put me to sleep. Seriously. I fell asleep the first time I tried to watch it. HS musical is so far out of my age group (hell, even my kids are too old to care about it) that I was largely without a frame of reference for most of the episode.

When I got around to watching the whole thing last night, however, the closing number, with Cartman singing about how "being himself" meant being racist and anti-Semitic, was comedy gold.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-21 11:07 PM
the season finale sucked.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-21 11:08 PM
Per se.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-21 11:10 PM
heh
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 12 - 2008-11-22 7:25 AM
Actually, Vampire Butters was pretty funny, even if the rest of the ep was dull.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-07 1:54 AM
All New South Park! Episode 1308: “Dead Celebrities"
  • DEAD CELEBRITIES ARE HAUNTING IKE. ALL-NEW “SOUTH PARK” EPISODES BEGIN ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, October 5, 2009 – The boys bring in professional ghost hunters to investigate evidence of paranormal activity in the Broflovski House in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, “Dead Celebrities,” premiering on Wednesday, October 7 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Powerful forces are tormenting Ike. He's freaked out and the stress could kill him. Kyle and the boys are doing everything they can to save him but the poltergeists won't leave Ike alone.
Posted By: iggy Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 12:49 AM
Sweet! I'm pumped for tonight.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 2:36 AM
I'm just glad I know what the media matters of the right think of the new episode.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:06 AM
"south park studios" is "the media matters of the right"? How so?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:10 AM
It's simple, G-man. It's because rex is retarded.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:19 AM

Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:28 AM
Nice edit.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:32 AM

Go to the link, rex. It's the article I posted and it's from South Park studios, not media matters or any Republican equivalent.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:45 AM
You are correct, it doesn't link to freerepublic.com since you edited the post.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 4:58 AM
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 5:49 AM
Congratulations, G, you broke rex with one post.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 5:55 AM
Thanks but I can't get too excited for having taken down already-wounded prey.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 7:50 AM
A wounded rex is more dangerous.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 8:41 AM
That episode sucked.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 8:41 AM
But its not as bad as the shit that's on after it.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 8:52 AM
This abortion might be unfunnier than leno.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:01 AM
No, leno is now interviewing some bitch at the white house. Leno wins again.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:26 AM
Good thing you watched the whole thing to make sure.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:38 AM
When do they normally put the episodes on the internet?
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:38 AM
I have to have something to bitch about.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:05 PM
Look in the mirror and take your pick.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:23 PM
\:lol\:

Maybe someone should inform rex that Larry David had to actually work to make his bitching funny.

I will agree that this was a weak season starter. They could have done much funnier stuff with the Ghost Hunters. That bit just seemed thrown in.
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-08 9:24 PM
It reminded me of a lot of their season openers where they shove to much into one episode. I'll keep watching just to see the one or two great episodes they'll have in this batch.
Posted By: The YouTube video poster Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-09 5:55 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-16 2:38 AM
Heh:

Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-16 2:40 AM
Last nights was much better. The less they depend on current events the better.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-16 2:57 AM
It was great. I gotta admit that farting semen into a bag bit was a little much though.
Posted By: iggy Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-19 9:00 PM
Press Release:
The Boys Go to the WWE for the First Time in an All-New 'South Park' Premiering on Wednesday, October 21 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL(R)

NEW YORK, Oct. 19 -- After attending a WWE match, the boys all want to be professional wrestlers in an all-new "South Park" titled, "W.T.F.," premiering on Wednesday, October 21 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

The boys have found their new calling in life and they hurry to sign up for the wrestling club. They soon find out the kind of wrestling they teach at school is not the same thing they saw at the WWE. The boy's wrestling coach has the same problem. He's been struggling for years to get people to see the difference.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 13th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park
" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.

Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino, of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Frank C. Agnone II is the supervising producer. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell, Vernon Chatman and Erica Rivinoja are producers. "South Park's" Web site is http://www.southparkstudios.com.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 95 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of Viacom Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Press Central, COMEDY CENTRAL's press Web site at http://www.comedycentral.com/press.

MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world's leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company's portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-19 9:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: rex
Last nights was much better. The less they depend on current events the better.

What ever happened to Officer Barbrady, BTW? It seems as if, these days, whenever the South Park PD shows up its those two detectives
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-29 2:10 AM
‘Oh No!! It’s The Japanese!!’ Wednesday’s SOUTH PARK!!
  • NEW YORK, October 26, 2009 – The Japanese are on a mad-hunt to kill all the world’s dolphins and whales in an all-new "South Park" titled, "Whale Whores," premiering on Wednesday, October 28 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan and his family are spending his birthday at the Denver Aquarium where they will get to swim with the dolphins. Things turn bloody when the Japanese attack, kill all the dolphins and ruin Stan’s big day. There seems to be no end to the senseless killing. Stan takes on the cause to save the dolphins from the Japanese.

Posted By: Glacier16 Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-29 4:24 PM
FUCKA YOU DORPHIN!
Posted By: The YouTube video poster Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-10-30 7:45 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-05 5:32 PM
Good season so far. The Biker Fag episode started a little slow but by the time the Harley Riders were putting old bicycle horns and trumpets on their hogs I was laughing out loud.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-12 5:03 PM
Fuck! Another copout episode.

Just when you think they're actually going to try and make an overall point, they run away from the specific politics involved and try to support the rest of the show on a minor note that refuses to pick a side.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-15 7:33 PM
It was a little weird. Cartman was obviously standing in for Glenn Beck. However, he was attacking Wendy who was clearly a stand-in for Sarah Palin (whom Beck worships) and the ep's ending was about how Palin was unfairly fucked over by the liberal media.

Well, that and why Avatar is going to suck.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 1:09 AM
Y'see, that's why I'm so confused. Did she really represent Palin or the current administration, which is being dragged over a cheese grater by Glenn Beck and other such commentators.

And I don't know why, but for some reason, the relatively recent 'Cartman and Wendy are mortal enemies' plot device reminds me of the time Wendy developed a crush on him. Could this just be a form of 4th grader sexual tension that preludes a future coupling once more?
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 1:32 AM
Y'see, that's why I'm so confused. Did she really represent Palin or the current administration, which is being dragged over a cheese grater by Glenn Beck and other such commentators.

The interview at the end was based, in part, on the Katie Couric and Charles Gibson interviews with Palin. And the whole "I resign to write a book [with Rogue in the title no less]" twist was an unmistakable reference to Palin.

Quote:
And I don't know why, but for some reason, the relatively recent 'Cartman and Wendy are mortal enemies' plot device reminds me of the time Wendy developed a crush on him. Could this just be a form of 4th grader sexual tension that preludes a future coupling once more?

I don't know if Matt or Trey think things out that far. Haven't they also hinted Cartman might be gay more than once? (See, eg, the whole "suck my balls" plotline in "Imaginationland.")
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 1:35 AM
I never got that vibe from it. It was always more about Kyle's humiliation more than anything else.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 1:39 AM
That wasn't the only reference, however. He also stuck his dick in Butters' mouth for a picture, made out with a cardboard cutout of Justin Timberlake and gave Ben Affleck a handjob. And he dresses in drag more than any character since Bugs Bunny
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 2:50 AM
No fucking clue who Glenn Beck or any of those people are, but I still thought the episode was funny. Didn't even think it might be a direct reference to someone. I liked the bizarre stuff like the beginning and the Smurfs. It reminded me of their early seasons.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 2:59 AM
Yes....But don't you think Wendy's gonna go down on Cartman eventually?
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 2:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
I liked the bizarre stuff like the beginning and the Smurfs. It reminded me of their early seasons.

Yeah, the class' blase reaction to the ginger kid being killed "live on the air" during the morning announcements was classic.

Yes....But don't you think Wendy's gonna go down on Cartman eventually?

Geezus, Pariah, don't tell me you're going to start writing "South Park" slash fic?
Posted By: rex Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 3:20 AM
No fucking clue who Glenn Beck or any of those people are,

glenn beck is a drunk and more whiney version of wonder boy.
Posted By: Pariah Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 3:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Geezus, Pariah, don't tell me you're going to start writing "South Park" slash fic?

Nah. I just think it'd be pretty funny to see Stan lose it.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-16 3:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
No fucking clue who Glenn Beck or any of those people are,

glenn beck is a drunk and more whiney version of wonder boy.

You do seem kind of obsessed with both of them lately.
Posted By: the G-man Re: South Park Season 13.5 - 2009-11-19 6:21 PM
Last night's season finale was pretty meh.

Cartman's song about being surrounded by immigrants was funny. However, this is at least the fourth time I can think of where they've done a parody of Bruckheimer-style disaster/action flicks (others being "Imaginationland,""Die Hippie Die," "Smug Alert" and the "Giant Guinea Pigs" and I'm sure a couple of others).

At this point, that's more or less their version of a clip show.
© RKMBs