RKMBs
Posted By: rex Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 8:11 AM
Stone to walk 'Wall Street' again

Quote:

Greed is good, once again.

After weeks of rumors, 20th Century Fox has set Oliver Stone to return as helmer of the sequel to his 1987 hit "Wall Street." Shia LaBeouf is also in the mix for "Wall Street 2."

LaBeouf is negotiating to join Michael Douglas, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of Gordon Gekko in the original pic. The sequel will once again involve a young Wall Street trader, and the recent economic meltdown spurred by rampant greed and corruption will fit prominently into the plot.

Allan Loeb will write the script. Edward R. Pressman is back as producer.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 3:42 PM
This will be as big a hit as the sequel to Fatal Attraction.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 5:03 PM
I never saw the first one...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 5:04 PM
...and being unemployed thanks to the "rampant greed and corruption" of Wall Street, I can't WAIT to spend twenty-bucks to be reminded of my reality for two hours...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 5:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus

You should. It's actually an excellent film. People tend to abscribe all sorts of "political" aspects to the film (and, obviously, there are some because its an Oliver Stone movie) but, in the end, it's more of a character study (with slight elements of a thriller) than anything.
Posted By: rex Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-29 8:01 PM

I haven't either. I'll probably watch it later today.
...and being unemployed thanks to the "rampant greed and corruption" of Wall Street, I can't WAIT to spend twenty-bucks to be reminded of my reality for two hours...

That's twenty bucks you could put toward some good herb and forget about reality for awhile.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-30 3:42 AM
THANK you Lothar! I will do that!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-30 6:43 AM

I think you would like it. It's a movie you need to watch when there arent a lot of distractions around. A lot of good twists. Oliver Stone at his best before he flipped out and started making shit and expecting it to sell with his name. The pacing is a bit slow due to the age of the flick but if you like good movies it shouldn't bother you.
I LOVED YOU IN WALL STREET!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-30 6:50 AM
They've dicked with the wrong dictator!
They've.....tied my shoelaces together.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-30 6:52 AM
These men have taken a supreme vow of celibacy, like their fathers, and their fathers before them.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-04-30 5:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber

I think you would like it. It's a movie you need to watch when there arent a lot of distractions around. A lot of good twists. Oliver Stone at his best before he flipped out and started making shit and expecting it to sell with his name. The pacing is a bit slow due to the age of the flick but if you like good movies it shouldn't bother you.

To be honest, I've never heard anything bad about it. Sure, I'll Netflix it and give it a shot...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 5:07 AM
I really though Charlie Sheen would go on to be a great actor after this film. But I guess it's like Ledger in Dark Knight where the director pulled a good performance out of an otherwise one dimensional actor.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 5:10 AM
Yeah. Sheen did those two Oliver Stone movies and it seemed like he was an up and coming actor with a great career ahead of him. Then it became hookers, Hot Shots and fast track to sitcom city.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 5:12 AM
I find him funny as hell, just not the great actor Stone got out of him.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 5:27 AM
Yep. I don't care for his show at all but I think he's got a decent dry wit on it.
Men at Work was awesome.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 6:34 AM
Colin Hay is a great lyricist.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 6:34 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
Men at Work was awesome.

I'll say:

Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Then it became hookers, Hot Shots and fast track to sitcom city.

What's wrong with Hot Shots?
Or hookers?
That was selfish. I should have left that to someone else.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2009-05-01 8:46 PM
\:\(
Posted By: the G-man Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2010-09-25 7:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
This will be as big a hit as the sequel to Fatal Attraction.

Well, fuck me...
Posted By: Grimm Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2010-09-26 3:56 AM
it's topical. things like this are on people's minds right now. it's a mild surprise, but not too big of a stretch to imagine.
Posted By: rex Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2011-07-17 9:17 AM
Saw this today without ever seeing the original. Its basically Titanic but set during the latest financial crisis. The world is falling apart and were supposed to care about two people that are in love. It also has the lamest Hollywood ending I've ever seen and I expected more out of Oliver Stone.

But it did keep my interest for the whole movie so it was worth watching.
I know I'm a little late on this but it was a cute remake.

Definitely a fun dramatic movie with a sweet ending. A good date movie for sure!
Posted By: rex Re: Wall Street 2 starring that 80's guy - 2011-07-22 6:34 AM
The ending was horrible. Thanks for confirming that for me.
© RKMBs