RKMBs
 Quote:
MTV Splash Page chased down Robert Kirkman, Image Comics bigwig and creator of 'The Walking Dead', which is soon to be a TV show on AMC. Back in the summer a deal was announced that finds filmmaker Frank Darabont developing Kirkman's zombie survival opus for the cable net.

Kirkman said he's an executive producer on the show which gives him some control, but he's thrilled to have Darabont on board to steer the ship.

"Frank understands the material 100 percent. It's always been shocking to me, doing Hollywood meetings over the years, just how easy it is for someone to come in to the meeting and say something like, 'We want the zombies to have super powers,'" Kirkman said. "Knowing that, I'm really excited about it, because from my discussions with Frank, he likes the right things about 'Walking Dead.'"

He also said to expect the show to be "100% true" in tone, but not necessarily in story details. "I've told Frank flat-out that I do not want him to follow the comic to the detriment of the show. I encourage him to veer off if he has something that will work really well on TV that wouldn't work in a comic," Kirkman said.
Sounds good. AMC's been kicking ass with Mad Men and Breaking Bad and Darabont's no slouch when it comes to movies set in a prison.
What Sarah said.
oh hell yeah...
Posted By: the G-man AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-05-27 6:03 AM
Robert Kirkman talks about the Frank Darabont WALKING DEAD TV series:
  • AMC is giving us a huge deal of support and they have already shown that they have a lot of confidence in the show just by immediately picking up the six episode first season without ever even starting to shoot the pilot, which I’m told is fairly unusual, so I’m pretty excited with how the process has been going so far.

Everyone’s moving full speed ahead. That’s kind of a fun thing because like you say you talked to Frank like five years ago and there was a time when it was going to be a pilot at NBC, but that kind of fell through and Frank kind of stayed in the picture and kept in touch with me and did his best to do things behind the scenes to try and get it made because he really likes the comic and I think was really gung-ho about making it.

The funny thing to me is five years went by and it was a little bit more than a year ago when Frank called me and said “Hey, I think AMC is interested in this.” They optioned it in September of last year, I think, and then in January they were like “Hey, we are making the show.” Then from January up until now, it has been nonstop. It just cracks me up how things can move so slowly and then as soon as they decide to make a show it’s like a hundred things happening at once.

So right now it’s like full speed ahead and they are moving forward with this pilot. I wrote the first episode and then they are going to be shooting all summer for the first six episodes. Frank is in Atlanta right now doing prep, so he’s kind of hard at it. They start shooting in, I think, a week....

Anything you have seen in BREAKING BAD we can do every minute of our show. And then also there’s a lot of things you can get away with, because they are zombies, so you will be seeing all kinds of cool stuff that you would expect to see in THE WALKING DEAD: THE TV SHOW, so while it isn’t a pay cable channel, I think that people are still going to get what they want.

Full interview at link above. Sounds good.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-06-07 5:31 PM

Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-06-07 6:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Wow. Jim Carrey's really let himself go.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-06-24 7:40 PM
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-06-24 7:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Wow. Jim Carrey's really let himself go.

I thought it was Michael Jackson resurecting himself on his death day.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-06-24 7:50 PM
I think that photo was actually taken before he died.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-15 11:00 PM
First Look at "The Walking Dead" Cast:
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-17 11:44 PM
Darabont tells AICN that he directed the pilot and wrote about half of the first season's episodes.

Other writers include Kirkman himself and a bunch of people who worked on "the Shield," "Dexter" and "Sons of Anarchy."

Every time I read something about this series I look forward to it more and more.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-20 9:30 PM
 Quote:
Ain't it Cool has received a list of the directors and writers of all six episodes of AMC TV's first season of The Walking Dead. The list comes from showrunner Frank Darabont himself.

The directors are:

• 1. Frank Darabont
    2. Michelle MacLaren (Breaking Bad, X-Files)
    3. Gwyneth Horder-Payton (The Shield, Battlestar Galactica)
    4. Johan Renck (Breaking Bad)
    5. Ernest Dickerson (The Wire, Dexter)
    6. Guy Ferland (The Shield, Sons of Anarchy)

The Writers are:

• 1. Frank Darabont
    2. Frank Darabont
    3. Frank Darabont, Chic Eglee (The Shield), Jack LoGuidice (Sons of Anarchy)
    4. Robert Kirkman (Creator of the comics)
    5. Glen Mazzara (The Shield, Hawthorne)
    6. Adam Fierro (The Shield, Dexter)
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-20 9:38 PM
Should i read the comic before watching this? Is it at good as everyone says it is?
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-20 11:26 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Ray Peet Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-21 6:11 AM
Yes
Posted By: mimic Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-21 7:02 AM
Yes
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-07-25 1:41 AM
shaky cam footage of the comic con tralier

Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-08-24 7:43 PM
Non-shakey:

Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-08-24 8:14 PM
 Quote:
Ain't it Cool has received a list of the directors and writers of all six episodes of AMC TV's first season of The Walking Dead. The list comes from showrunner Frank Darabont himself.

The directors are:

• 1. Frank Darabont
    2. Michelle MacLaren (Breaking Bad, X-Files)
    3. Gwyneth Horder-Payton (The Shield, Battlestar Galactica)
    4. Johan Renck (Breaking Bad)
    5. Ernest Dickerson (The Wire, Dexter)
    6. Guy Ferland (The Shield, Sons of Anarchy)

The Writers are:

• 1. George A Romero & Alex Garland

It doesn't seem too original.

Him riding around on horseback in full uniform like the fucking Postman is kinda gay.

I will surely give it a try, I just hope they find their own story to tell and not just somebody else's.

They completely stole the beginning of 28 Days Later.

At least 28 Days Later had some originality to it.

All the imagery from it is there too, except for an abandoned London it's Atlanta.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-08-24 8:38 PM
 Quote:
They completely stole the beginning of 28 Days Later.

I honestly don't know the answer to this but which came first: 28 Days or the Walking Dead comic book? Because, yeah, at first I thought the same thing.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2010-08-24 9:12 PM
28 Days Later was 2002. Walking Dead was 2003. Could be Kirkman lifted from 28, or he just developed a similar idea around the same time.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-10-07 7:16 PM
VIDEO: New "Walking Dead" Commercial

Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-10-11 7:09 PM
AMC Releases "Walking Dead" Mini-Documentary: AMC has released a 17-minute behind-the-scenes documentary on the development and making of "The Walking Dead" featuring series creator Robert Kirkman, director Frank Darabont and members of the cast and crew.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-10-21 9:08 PM
REVIEW: The first episode of AMC's "The Walking Dead" lays the groundwork for a show more about the horror of survival than the horror of zombie hordes, though it certainly offers that in a moody, thoughtful series opener.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-10-29 5:40 PM
Five Things To Watch Out For When 'The Walking Dead' Premieres: "The Walking Dead" is almost here! Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd's adaptation of Robert Kirkman's Image Comics series infects the AMC network on Halloween night, and fans across the globe are in for one heck of a zombie-infused treat.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-10-31 4:35 PM
At this point, all the reviews seem very positive.

Time says:

… judging by the first two episodes of its six-episode debut season, the scariest part of the series is not what the animated corpses do but what the surviving humans are driven to do. … If The Walking Dead can build on its promise and run with these ideas, along with unflinching gross-out thrills, it can tell a doomsday story with all the things zombies crave: brains, guts and heart.

Entertainment Weekly says:

… a success as a comic-book series written by Robert Kirkman, and deserves to be an even bigger success in this clever, gross, humane AMC version. …

TV Guide says:

… packs a raw, emotional punch while delivering the creepy and queasy thrills all genre fans truly crave. …

The Wall Street Journal says:

… has a pilot episode so good that it has hooked even a zombie hater like me. …

USA Today says:

… It will be a hard sell for some viewers, but for people who love monster movies or zombie comic books, Dead may be just their cup of blood. …

The New York Times says:

… surprisingly scary and remarkably good, a show that visually echoes the stylized comic-book aesthetic of the original and combines elegant suspense with gratifyingly crude and gruesome slasher-film gore. …

The Los Angeles Times says:

… seamlessly stitches together grand American traditions including the western, the separated-family drama and, of course, the post-apocalypse tale, creating the first zombie epic, with sprawling storylines, archetypal characters and imagery to rival "Gone With the Wind." … like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive.

The Washington Post says:

… Darabont and his cast excel at conjuring up a taut social study, but let the horror scenes fall oddly flat. Being a big fraidy cat myself, I can only puzzle over why "The Walking Dead" fails to cause my usual reflexive responses, such as putting my hands over my eyes and still watching what happens through parted fingers. I hope it gets scarier. Despite that, the show is undeniably intriguing and creepily contemporary, tapping into the national paranoia: Can I trust you? Are you one of them? How do we go on, now that we're surrounded? The things all Americans ask, every day, amid the din of moaning. …

HitFix says:

… Going into the show as someone without deep affection for either the genre or the source material, I still found myself riveted by the pilot episode, which will air in a 90-minute timeslot on Halloween. Written and directed by Darabont, it’s a master class in suspense filmmaking, of dread and atmosphere and grief. … becomes a more conventional, less interesting zombie story. The technical work remains impeccable ... but the story, the suspense and the characters (Lincoln’s co-stars include Sarah Wayne Callies, Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn) all begin to feel familiar quickly - not just from the comic, but dozens of zombie and/or post-apocalyptic yarns. …

TV Squad says:

… unquestionably a cut above most scary fare … There are those who may prefer the intensity of 'The Walking Dead's' pilot, but for me, it was a relief when the second episode of 'The Walking Dead' dialed down the suspense and turned the show into a more recognizable "band of survivors on a mission" tale. If 'The Walking Dead' had sustained the first episode's level of tension indefinitely, the show would have lost me. …

The Boston Globe says:

… so fully dynamic and engaging. … delivers extended sequences that are riveting despite the small amounts of dialogue — note his strategic use of bunny slippers on a little-girl zombie in the first minutes of the premiere. Darabont also gives us a lot of opportunities to bond with his characters, something too many sci-fi TV shows (“The Event’’) fail to do. Without screaming or sobbing or schmaltz, the characters have moments when they convey a sympathetic sense of emotional devastation. …

Variety says:

… Although we've seen no shortage of zombies and post-apocalyptic stories, producer-writer-director Frank Darabont has deftly tackled the seemingly perilous task of adapting a comicbook about zombies into a viable episodic series. Arising in the wake of the brainy "Rubicon" and "Mad Men's" stellar fourth season, "Dead" demonstrates AMC's creative team has plenty of life in it. … what "The Walking Dead" has done most shrewdly is to take what could be a stale premise and enlivened it in a way that feels unexpectedly fresh. …

Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-01 6:27 AM
Going strictly by the premiere, The Walking Dead is "must watch TV." Even if I wasn't a total zombie mark, I would've loved this show. The writing is solid, with great characterization. The undead look phenomenal. And the best thing? No cheap jump scares. The show built and maintained an atmosphere of dread throughout, with the horror coming naturally instead of being forced. I'll be DVR'ing it just in case I miss an episode for whatever reason.

Highly recommended.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-01 8:25 AM
excellent pilot. stuck to the spirit of the comic but was pretty faithful plotwise as well. I hope they're not planning on every episode spanning one issue apiece because that'll make for some wonky pacing. great adaptation and some damn good television. my only regret was that gto they totalled in the flashback/shootout sequence; hopefully that was a replica.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-01 10:47 PM
It kicked ass. That is all
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-01 11:08 PM
5.3 million viewers. A second season is almost guaranteed.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-02 11:44 PM
Bear McCreary rocks.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-02 11:48 PM
The most powerful handgun in the world!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-02 11:56 PM
Sometimes I just fucking hate television.

Does your neck hair not grow when your in a coma?

Did zombies come in and still shave his neck and then even out the beard?
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-02 11:58 PM
Oh good he can walk already.

I was worried the zombies wouldn't have found a way to work out his legs everyday so they wouldn't atrophy.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 12:09 AM
I can't tell if you're Pro or Pariah.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 12:18 AM
proriah? the horror...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 12:22 AM
Zombies, much like vampires and mafia stories are all the same. Oh look! A person came back from the dead or got some virus or something. How original!
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 1:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Zombies, much like vampires and mafia stories are all the same. Oh look! A person came back from the dead or got some virus or something. How original!

OK, Snarf.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 1:37 AM
\:lol\:
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 1:44 AM
\:lol\: pro what the fuck? are you lighting up that hawaiian shit now? I hear it's powerful stuff...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 1:46 AM
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 1:47 AM
say no more. \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 3:51 AM
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 4:50 AM
It totally killed.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 5:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
No living dead girl will ever love me. I almost got a hand job from this one zombie chick.... I wonder if she could give me a zombie STD?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 8:08 AM
The cop woke up in that hospital and looked around he must have thought a disaster hit while he was out of it or this is just Obama care in action.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 5:36 PM
So, it's ripping off 28 Days Later? \:lol\:
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 5:47 PM
They came out around he same time.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-03 7:21 PM
Psst! I know. I read that further up the thread. I was just

Dummy.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 1:09 AM
Your sig is a paedophile with the gayest of Lantern rings. No one cares what you think. Now, your wife on the other hand...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 1:11 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Your sig is a paedophile with the gayest of Lantern rings.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 2:14 AM
Sir or Avatar?

I didn't get that at first \:lol\:
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 4:26 AM
Whoops. Avatar.

I stink and I don't like me. \:lol\:

Still, your sig is also pretty fagtastic. \:lol\:
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 7:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Whoops. Avatar.

I stink and I don't like me. \:lol\:

Still, your sig is also pretty fagtastic. \:lol\:

That's an insult to fags everywhere...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 5:22 PM
Don't be hurt, Pigs. I still respect your lifestyle choice...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-04 11:26 PM

I especially like how you smoke fags , Pro....
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 12:15 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 12:48 AM
Saw it today. Now I don't know if I should read all the comics or just watch the show.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 12:50 AM
both
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 12:52 AM
If the show lasts long enough to get to the governor story line i'll be happy
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 3:09 AM
The comic is all in black and white and I hate black and white comics. Everyone says the comic is good so I might have to force myself to read an issue or two.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 8:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
If the show lasts long enough to get to the governor story line i'll be happy

(spoilers)
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 8:35 AM
I'm glad he's dead... \:lol\:
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 8:46 AM
I really fucking hate all of you.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 9:15 AM
because rex has never spoiled something before...
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 11:05 AM
lol don't worry reax. it's not really a spoiler because the governor is one of those characters that people already expect to die the moment he appears.

Now, if K-nut told you that it was the black girl who killed the governor with a samurai, then that's definitely a spoiler.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 11:05 AM
oooops
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 4:05 PM
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-05 6:13 PM
\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-07 10:34 PM
Review: "Guts," the second episode of AMC's "The Walking Dead," introduces more of the ensemble cast and injects humor into the show, providing a more satisfying result for fans of the comic book and zombies in general.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-08 5:02 AM
Guaranteed to make Pro cry like a little bitch some more.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-08 8:00 AM
another good episode. feeling a little better about the pacing as compared to the comic. combining storyline elements made for a far more interesting escape from atlanta in my opinion. the final shot that ended the episode made me smile.

also, spoilers.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-08 6:21 PM
It continues to be good,although I didn't like how fast zombies were moving and them climbing fences seemed really out of place but the tension among some of the cast was really well done.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-08 11:02 PM
yeah I generally don't like fast zombies anyway; they work well as the 'infected' of 28 days later or the l4d games, but the tenacious shamblers created by romero and by max brooks seem plenty dangerous without running at all.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 2:41 AM
One thing about the comic is that the zombies being slow is the reason why a lot of things were able to happen. If the zombies were fast they'd be constantly on the run. I don't think Tyrone and Rick can enter a roomful of zombies with just a hammer if the undead were fast moving.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 4:24 AM
I'm already tired of the "I fucked your wife in ass because I thought you were dead" story line.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 5:29 AM
you'll forget all about it once everyone starts dying off.

oh. spoilers.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 5:32 AM
I read the first six issues of the comic and didn't care for it. I'll watch the rest of this season and then go back to the comics.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 5:36 AM
SPOILER ALERT!

The Adversary was Geppeto all along!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 8:24 AM
Haha yeah, staying away from this thread.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Series - 2010-11-09 2:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
you'll forget all about it once everyone starts dying off.

oh. spoilers.

and by this he meant EVERYONE
Posted By: thedoctor Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-10 12:11 AM
 Quote:
It looks as if AMC has a ratings hit on its hands with the TV adaptation of Robert Kirkman's comic The Walking Dead.

The cable net announced on Monday that it's green lit a 13-episode second season of the new series, which debuted on October 31.

The show has gone on to break ratings records and not just on the network. According to their announcement, the show has reached more Adults 18-49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

The series is also being carried to the world stage by Fox International Channels’ (FIC) -- who also is picking up the second season following the show's ratings success in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Those numbers make it the highest-rated original series premiere ever to air on FIC simultaneously worldwide.

"I wish all programming decisions were no-brainers like this one," said Sharon Tal Yguado, SVP Scripted Programming for Fox International Channels. "The Walking Dead is a TV masterpiece on so many levels. We want at least 10 seasons, if not more. Kudos to AMC!"
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-10 1:30 AM
sweet
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-11 8:45 AM
Hello, Prometheus....

Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-11 9:01 AM
that guy's gay
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-11 4:09 PM
It's Pro.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-11 4:22 PM
No. Too much hair.
another terrific episode. I'm getting more comfortable with the liberties taken by the tv adaptation as time goes on. the acting is really solid; they were able to sell some very powerful moments throughout this episode.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 2:12 AM
I'm actually pleased they are taking plot liberties because :(a) it's a different medium; and (b) if the show was beat for beat the same as the comic book there'd be very little suspense.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 2:59 AM
I hope they change the part where Rick lost his arm and his kid became a murderer so that this post will not be a spoiler.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 3:01 AM

seriously though that did happen.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 4:26 AM
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

I know.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 4:27 AM
We Could Be Waiting A Long Time For Season 2 Of The Walking Dead: the cable channel likely will wait until October to launch Season 2 so it can again take advantage of its month-long Fearfest horror marathon and higher audience levels in the fall.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-16 10:32 AM
The previews are ruining more than the comics. The only thing I didn't know about this episode was the hand at the end.
they are 'teasing' too much stuff but I think it's because they're anticipating a really high percentage of viewers have read the comics already.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-17 3:30 AM
Or maybe they changed something big that would differentiate the TV series from the comics later on, like, I don't know, the zombie outbreak was supernatural instead of being borne from dog rabies.

SPOILER ALERT

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-17 3:34 AM
Also, Soylent green is people.
ಠ_ಠ
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-25 3:38 AM
Will this season end with Rick's son killing Shane?
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-25 3:42 AM
Or the discovery of the prison?
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-25 3:42 AM
Or will they really jump ahead and show the community outside of DC?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-25 3:43 AM
It's probably going to get canceled by the end of the season.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-25 10:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
Will this season end with Rick's son killing Shane?

that's my guess
I see someone decided to catch up with the rest of us. \:p
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-26 12:33 AM
These boards were down and Warcraft was down for a day. I had to do something with my time.
wow was down a whole day? they retooling the servers for cataclysm or something?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-30 2:39 AM
It seems like the show is going in totally different places from the comic.
yeah this is gonna get really interesting. there's still a lot of stuff that simply can't be left out, though, so somehow they'll have to work their way back onto the beaten path, more or less. I think the genius (or retardation, it depends) of an adaptation is how seamlessly the original and the reinterpretation can be interwoven, and thus far I haven't been given a reason to complain at all.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-30 3:34 AM
Merle Dixon is probably going to be a gun in the drawer.

I'm also thinking that Morgan could work as the voice of Rick's conscience instead of Lori, with the walkie-talkie conversations replacing the disconnected telephone that Rick carries around.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-11-30 4:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
It seems like the show is going in totally different places from the comic.

Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 4:47 AM
http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1137550p1.html

Daramont fired the entire writing staff. That's a twist I didn't see coming.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 4:52 AM
It's probably going to get canceled by the end of the season.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 7:02 AM
http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1137550p1.html

Daramont fired the entire writing staff. That's a twist I didn't see coming.

Who the fuck put that Daramont dude in charge? He doesn't even work on the show.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 7:08 AM
mont, bont, whatever.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 8:41 AM
Just watched episode 5.

Yeah, its not gonna follow the comics.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-01 8:42 AM
It was still faithful to the source material in all the important parts, such as the part where Lori takes it in the ass from Shane.
(spoilers)
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-02 3:33 AM
I really hope Shane gets shot in the neck soon.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-02 3:42 AM
damnit reax, you spoiled the story for me.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-02 3:52 AM
I think that kid ends up killing more people than anyone else.
he's a motherfucking force of nature. remember the one point at which you're convinced he's the ONLY one who survived??
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-02 7:48 PM
I think they were smart to start making some deviations from the main story early on.

First, it gives the readers a reason to keep watching since they can't be sure that what they've read in the book will necessarily happen in the show.

Second, it establishes early on that there has to be some differences simply to accommodate the different format and signals to the fanboys to be prepared for the changes that may be required when anything becomes a TV series.

For example, by necessity they are going to have to change things about Carl simply because (unless they keep recasting the part), the kid is going to obviously age during filming and between seasons (not unlike the Walt problem on "Lost"). Whereas Kirkman had the opportunity to tell a story of a few days or months over several years without his characters aging, a TV show doesn't.

Given that sort of real world production issue, I can easily anticipate that the TV series may adapt some major plot points but drop others. As such, they were smart to quickly send a message that this is not going to be a point by point retelling of the comic.
holy shit. they had better bring us season two soon, but I'm pretty sure I will still be rewatching these six episodes right up until then. fucking epic finale.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-06 12:33 PM
I'm glad I read the comics before the last few episodes. I would have been expecting them to go to the CDC or something like that.

So next season they do the farm and prison story arcs? Or will they skip the farm?
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-06 12:47 PM
What the doctor guy whispered in Rick's ear:

"Your wife is pregnant and its Shane's kid. He also fucked her in the ass repeatedly."
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-06 2:02 PM
I think he capped it off with "OwN3D"
What the doctor guy whispered in Rick's ear:

"Your wife is pregnant and its Shane's kid. He also fucked her in the ass repeatedly."

probably. given the blood tests jenner would be the only one with that information - well the first two bits of information. shane is really asking for it at this point given the shit he pulled just in the last episode - they did a really good job of showing him coming unhinged.

I'm glad I read the comics before the last few episodes. I would have been expecting them to go to the CDC or something like that.

So next season they do the farm and prison story arcs? Or will they skip the farm?

the ranks have been depleted to about where they were after fleeing the original camp in the comic. I am thinking the cdc detour was just something to fill in the plot a little more (you have to build quicker for television; the comic ramped up the action a little too slowly for a successful direct adaptation) and force them to pack up and move. the farm seems like the most natural next stop for them - while they did seem to be going back the way they came in the closing sequences I doubt they'd go back to the quarry after everything they went through since leaving it.

I really hope subsequent 'seasons' are longer than six fucking episodes. I'm sure the brevity of this 'season' was mainly so amc could have a reasonably affordable trial run of the show to gauge ratings and audience feedback but who knows how long we will have to wait for more if they only recently greenlit season two?
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-06 8:11 PM
Season two will be 13 episodes.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-07 12:56 AM
Six millions viewers for the finale, 2.1 million for the encore. I hope they bring out season 2 soon.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-09 12:56 AM
Now Darabont is saying that he didn't fire the writing staff, he just let them work on other projects, like Powers.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-09 1:01 AM
Of the six episodes, two were written by the writing staff, two by Darabont, and two by freelancers. That would seem to make sense to count on freelancers more, but next season is thirteen instead of six.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-09 1:14 AM
This season was written as if it would have ended after six episodes, they varied from the comic to do that. I think next season will follow the comic more closely and that might lead to not needing as many writers.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2010-12-14 7:14 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-04-05 1:56 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-04-20 2:39 AM
Amazon has the first season on DVD or instant download today for about ten bucks.

I bought the DVD set because I have a couple of different friends and family members I want to show the series to, along with rewatching.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-18 1:37 AM
There will be a preview of season 2 before Breaking Bad tonight.
Good. Two of my faveorite shows. Axeman is a close third.

That last part was just to see if I could get a reaction from Rex.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-18 1:52 AM
favorite*
It's French.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-18 6:40 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-22 11:11 PM
Comic con preview of season 2:

Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-23 4:41 AM
I'm stoked!
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-27 4:54 AM
http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/walking-dead-shocker-frank-darabont-steps-down-as-showrunner/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: This is a quite a bombshell -- I hear that Frank Darabont, the creator, executive producer and director of AMC's smash hit The Walking Dead, is stepping down as showrunner of the series, which is now in production on its upcoming second season. The news is even more surprising given the fact that Darabont was on hand for Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday alongside fellow executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and Gale Anne Hurd. There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity. Darabont, who shepherded the zombie saga to the small screen and wrote and directed the AMC pilot, hails from the feature world, and I hear that he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series. Last December, he considered forgoing a writing staff for Season 2 and assigning scripts to freelancers but ultimately went for the traditional writing staff model recommended by the network and tapped Glen Mazzara as an executive producer and his No. 2. It is unclear if The Shield alum Mazzara, who has showrunning experience, would now step in to run Walking Dead. I hear that the behind-the-scenes turmoil has not affected production on the show, which continues as scheduled. Season 2 of Walking Dead is slated to premiere Oct. 16. In addition to huge ratings, the series has garnered awards recognition for its freshman season, including a best drama series Golden Globe nomination as well as DGA and WGA noms.

This is not a good thing.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-27 5:34 AM
No, it's not. But at least it looks like the next guy in line if Darabont leaves is a Shield alum.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Walking Dead Greenlit for 2nd Season - 2011-07-28 7:09 PM
who? Dugan? anyone but Clay Quartermain!
Posted By: the G-man Walking Dead 2d Season Trailer - 2011-09-30 5:05 AM
Posted By: the G-man Walking Dead 2d Season Tonight - 2011-10-16 6:37 PM
‘The Walking Dead’: Sneak peek of the Season 2 premiere
  • Rick Grimes and his ragtag crew of zombie apocalypse survivors are back on the small screen Sunday night for “The Walking Dead” Season 2 90-minute premiere.

The new season follows Rick Grimes as he leads the group out of Atlanta, to possible sanctuary (and new characters) at Hershel’s farm.

“It feels very much like an invasion,” the show’s star Andrew Lincoln said in a press statement. “There is this safe haven that’s working perfectly well, and they seem to be getting on perfectly well without us. And we come in, and explode their world.”
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead 2d Season Tonight - 2011-10-18 1:09 AM
First episode was too slow and I don't give a shit about the little girl missing. Hopefully the pace gets picked up now that Carl has a hole in his chest. (spoilers)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-2-premiere-249340

This episode did get some ratings.
It was slow.Probably because they wanted to stretch it into ninety minutes.

That guy is a dick for taking away her gun. She was being responsible and learning to clean it and such.

I love this show.
Posted By: Franta Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-18 9:58 AM
THE CHINAMAN IS NOT THE ISSUE
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-22 3:34 AM
For what it's worth being this is from AICN and comes from a poster who claims to be a fired FX employee:
Warning, Spoiler:
SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

"Pretty Much Dead Already"

Episode opens with Glenn revealing the presence of the walkers to the rest of the group, who promptly proceed to freak out. Maggie becomes angry with Glenn for not keeping the secret and ruins his hat in retribution. Dale gives Glenn his trademark bucket hat as a replacement. Maggie later makes a plea to Hershel for the group to stay. She and Glenn also have an argument about the walkers, after which they eventually admit their feelings, kiss and make up.

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershel's not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Lori's baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shane's guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.

Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group..

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know "Could someone who's alive just take that? Why is it still coming?" Hershel has no answer.

He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby pickaxe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head.

End episode.

And
Warning, Spoiler:
[In] the finale there will be some unexpected events, and a main character will be killed off... And that will be shocking by who it is and how they were killed."

Oh, and don't get too connected with Daryl. Just sayin'."
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-22 5:33 PM
 Quote:
He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby pickaxe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head.

Finally! That part of the story was dragging on just too damn long.

Quote:

\:\(
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 1:12 AM
Didn't say Daryl was dyin', just said don't get too attached to him. Maybe a major character will die because he or she's going to get killed by Daryl, and then Daryl will turn heel.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 1:18 AM
Remember in the comics when Lori got shot and killed?

That was a really good scene.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 3:07 AM
I don't think they'll kill her on the show...unless she tries to get out of her contract.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 4:49 AM
at least, not yet.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 4:54 AM
Besides, the creators are using our familiarity with the comic book to come up with twists. The Shane thing could still happen, but right now him still being alive at this point can already serve as jump off points into areas that the comic has never dealt with (or used as crappy plot twists, like him turning into the Governor. Hell, they could even turn Merle or Daryl into the Governor)
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 5:35 AM
For what it's worth, Kirkman has supposedly gone on record as saying Merle won't be the Governor.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-23 6:37 AM
Personally, I wish the TV series will not have a governor. I like it to be simpler than the clusterfuck that is the comic right now.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-28 6:50 AM
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
 Quote:

Finally! That part of the story was dragging on just too damn long.

Quote:

\:\(

First set of spoilers were on target. Bad sign for Daryl.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-28 9:51 AM
That was a shitty ending. Why didn't anyone from the farm say anything about capturing a little girl zombie when they knew Sophia was missing?
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-28 4:24 PM
Otis captured her and Shane shot him before he could say something.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-28 8:44 PM
The chick feeding the zombies didn't recognize the new girl zombie?
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-29 6:24 AM
It's possible that she didn't see Sophia in the barn, based on her vantage point.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-11-29 6:56 AM
Also, they didn't want Rick and his crew to find out that they have zombies in the barn. There's no reason for them to mention it out of the blue.
Do you guys think Dale could be the father of Lori's baby? Maybe she really ho'd it up when she thought Rick was dead.
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-06 10:11 PM
just ran through a walking dead marathon. in addition to not knowing (or caring) about the book, i missed all of season one, but saw the whole thing via netflix and had each episode of season two dvr'd, ready to go.

outside of my hatred for the whole "zombies take over the world" ridiculous premise (dumb dumb duuumb d-dumb dumb dumb) its a pretty good show. if we're to believe that all this shit already happened and now there's only a dozen folks left, ill offer credit and suspend disbelief to that point, and from there, it's been fun.

did i read right; is season 3 (or 2.5 or whatever) picking up in february...?
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-06 10:36 PM
Yeah 2.5 begins in February.
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:03 AM
huzzah!
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:04 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob
outside of my hatred for the whole "zombies take over the world" ridiculous premise (dumb dumb duuumb d-dumb dumb dumb)

does this get a free pass...?
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:08 AM
Its about the people, not the zombies. The zombie apocalypse is just a plot device.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:12 AM
I thought the first season was cheesy.

When season two opened up with that narration into the walkie talkie shit I gave up.
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:30 AM
Its about the people, not the zombies. The zombie apocalypse is just a plot device.

did you not get mad at lost...?

that aside, like i said, i'm fine with watching a show about people running from zombies. walking dead is fun!

i just loathe the so-often-repeated concept (in this show, or any movie) that zombies could ever take over the planet. its a dumb concept. zombies can't open doors, but they take down the entire US military, every single time?? boo.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 2:37 AM
Wasn't there a scene were the military was shooting other military members? After the breakout some people turned on others for various reasons.

The show isn't a good as it should be but I'll still keep watching. Part of the fun is watching it diverge wildly from the comic (Carl not killing Shane) and I really want to see how they handle the prison storyline and how far they will be able to push it due it being on TV.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 3:10 AM
And they can open doors. First episode that chick tried to open the door to her house but it was locked and barricaded.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 3:34 AM
I think Zombie outbreaks happen in movies because they are happening in realities where people don't even know what a zombie is, and there are no zombie movies to take cues from. Otherwise, it would have ended pretty fast with people just headbashing everyone who shows the slightest sign of being infected.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 3:35 AM
Also, notice how people in Walking Dead refer to zombies as Walkers, Roamers, etc, with no one ever using the Z word.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 4:02 AM
Also, notice how people in Walking Dead refer to zombies as Walkers, Roamers, etc, with no one ever using the Z word.

I hate that shit. Lets call a spade a shovel and be done with it.

Uh, wait a sec...
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:05 AM
Wasn't there a scene were the military was shooting other military members? After the breakout some people turned on others for various reasons.

lets say that happened; that's, like, for 20 people. or maybe 1,000 people. there are millions of soldiers! so many, they made pariah one.

Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
And they can open doors. First episode that chick tried to open the door to her house but it was locked and barricaded.

alright, so the one chick almost opened a door knob. she's on par with a velociraptor. most walkers can't do anything but groan. the army has tanks, planes, and guns. ...they don't have doors with deadbolts?

even within this show, a single old man was able to capture and contain 5 times as many zombies as in his crew! and with what mighty sorcery? a chain!! if only the military had traded their fleets of aircraft carriers and stealth bombers for a collection of bicycle locks!

I think Zombie outbreaks happen in movies because they are happening in realities where people don't even know what a zombie is, and there are no zombie movies to take cues from. Otherwise, it would have ended pretty fast with people just headbashing everyone who shows the slightest sign of being infected.

even if that's the case, it just doesn't make any sense. for zombieism to hit millions of people that means at one point it was in 50 people. then let's say 50 people slip by while you're learning whats going on, and all of a sudden its 20,000 people. 6.5 billion can't stop 20,000 people?

and, note, that's 20,000 people who allowed themselves to be bitten by other people who had recently died. and this is also known as 20,000 failed zombie attacks, since zombies don't bite, they eat. so even if there were 20,000 zombies, if they were to find other victims, they'd be eating them whole for sustenance, which means they're not creating any new zombies.

then there's the concept that this is happening all over the world - the scientist guy said france was having issues too. and what does that mean? that means airport screener let an angry, animated corpse through security, past the metal detector wands, onto a plane, where he presumably sat pleasantly in flight for 6 hours, had a few cocktails, got impatient with the other passengers when the pilot didn't switch off the seatbelt light fast enough, worked through customs, and then started eating those goddamn, beret-wearing french.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:32 AM
Comic book spoilers!

Everyone becomes a zombie after they die. That is how there are so many of them and why they are everywhere. You have to destroy the brain for them to really die.

I think that is what the scientist told Rick during the first season finale.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:40 AM
damnit, I was getting to that. Has the comic clarified whether that's scientific or sueprnatural already? I stopped reading around the 100th time they found a sanctuary only to fuck it up with infighting/trust issues and rick's emo teen angst. The last interesting bit about the zombie came from the fake scientist who recognized the zombie's behavioral pattern, and that was what, months, years ago?
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:42 AM
I don't think they've gone into how they were made anymore than what the fake scientist said.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:50 AM
All the good comics end at issues 75-80.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 8:05 AM
Did you get to the issue where Karl gets shot through the head and lives?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 8:13 AM
what? Wasn't "Karl getting shot" used once as a plot device enough?

SPOILERS!

The last noteworthy thing I remember reading about Karl is when he killed one of the twins without any one knowing.

I tried to catch up once or twice, I downloaded a bunch of issues that dealt with the bald dude who runs another sanctuary, and rick being turned into an enforcer, but then it's all the same trust/angst/survival/realization shit and I stopped again.

It's the same with Fables. I could have stopped with Geppeto being defeated, and could have stopped again when Frau Totenkinder kicked the big bad's ass in the most awesome way possible (and then got jobbed a few pages right after). I couldn't care anymore after that.
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:42 PM
Comic book spoilers! Everyone becomes a zombie after they die. That is how there are so many of them and why they are everywhere. You have to destroy the brain for them to really die.

like even people that died years ago...?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 7:53 PM
It would explain the severe decomposition some of the zombies have.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 8:24 PM
Probably so would Georgia weather.
Posted By: rex Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 8:32 PM
Comic book spoilers! Everyone becomes a zombie after they die. That is how there are so many of them and why they are everywhere. You have to destroy the brain for them to really die.

Anyone who was alive when the virus or whatever it was spread.
Posted By: Rob Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-07 8:40 PM

Anyone who was alive when the virus or whatever it was spread.

but, like, including someone that died of a non-zombie related heart attack...?

that'd increase the numbers of potential zombies, but not by all that much. maybe a percentage point or two. IF, however, it was black lantern like and zombified anyone whose body was still a body, even if you died years ago... that'd not only be pretty cool, it'd explain why there're so many.
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-14 5:21 AM
I recognize the comic book goes by "everyone who dies becomes a zombie," but the more I think about it, the TV show may not. For example, there have been a number of scenes (Rick at the gas station in the first ep, the traffic jam in this season) where we see dead bodies that don't appear to have taken head shots but also don't reanimate (the corpse Carl lifted the weapons off of in the traffic jam being one example).

On the other hand, maybe the point is that certain things, such as being trapped in a hot car to the point of mummification, can also "kill" the zombies.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2011-12-14 6:15 AM
plot holes can also kill zombies
Posted By: the G-man Re: AMC's Walking Dead Series - 2012-01-16 10:52 PM
AMC Expands The Walking Dead to 16 Episodes for Third Season: Like the current season, which returns Feb. 12, Season 3 will be split, Zap2it reports. The show will also add two new writers
Posted By: the G-man Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-11 8:03 PM
I recognize the comic book goes by "everyone who dies becomes a zombie," but the more I think about it, the TV show may not. For example, there have been a number of scenes (Rick at the gas station in the first ep, the traffic jam in this season) where we see dead bodies that don't appear to have taken head shots but also don't reanimate (the corpse Carl lifted the weapons off of in the traffic jam being one example)...maybe the point is that certain things, such as being trapped in a hot car to the point of mummification, can also "kill" the zombies.

“Walking Dead” creator: Get ready for breakneck pace. Kirkman also touches on why the dead bodies in the cars weren't zombies:
  • That’s the whole ting. That’s part of the fun of “The Walking Dead” is that you don’t really know all of the rules yet. What’s going on with those dead bodies? Why are they not zombies? Why are they just sitting in cars? That’s part of our specific set of rules that will be revealed over time.

So there are going to be mysteries like that: Why is that guy a zombie and the other guy isn’t? What happened with that guy, and various different things. I think by the end of Season 2, you’ll have a better understanding of what makes a zombie, and what goes into it and why those zombies in the car weren’t walking around.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-14 4:22 AM
The guy from Terriers should have become a main character.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-16 6:37 AM
Nebraska was a bit of a yawner. The ending was cool and a suprise.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-25 6:30 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-governor-david-morrissey-294872

I don't know anything he's done but I'm fucking stoked that the governor will show up next season.
Posted By: iggy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-27 10:44 AM
Probably best directed at the traffic court lawyer ( ): I've heard about a lawsuit in connection with this. What is the story?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-02-27 4:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Probably best directed at the traffic court lawyer ( ): I've heard about a lawsuit in connection with this. What is the story?

You mean the lawsuit where the series' original artist is suing Kirkman?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-01 7:33 AM
"18 Miles Out" was good. I thought this episode would be the end for Shane,but I'm glad he survived.

I suspect Shane will go at Rick again for dominance of the group.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-04 8:58 AM
Spoilers!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-2-spoiler-jon-bernthal-296443

We all knew it was going to happen eventually.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-05 6:39 AM
Holy Shit! I guess they haven't emancipated the show's story from the comic book completely.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-05 7:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden

Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-06 6:06 AM
Dale had a better death in the comics.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-06 7:49 AM
Him and Andrea were a lot less annoying in the comics. Andrea in particular.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-06 8:11 AM
I still have hope that Andrea will become a sniper bad ass like she did in the comics. She's getting better in the show.

This was probably the best episode since the pilot.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-06 8:48 PM
Daryl is going to be written into the comics soon. He's the new Harlequin.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-12 9:43 AM
shane's dead
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-13 2:50 AM
The last two episodes have been Shield/Sons Of Anarchy level goodness. I don't know how they will top it next week, they'll have to do something big like showing us the prison or killing off multiple characters.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-13 3:04 AM
or they could show the tits of all the female cast
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-13 4:09 AM
including the zombies?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-13 4:18 AM
especially the zombies!
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-15 6:25 AM
Have you seen the webisodes? They tell the story of the woman who became the female zombie Rick encountered in the park. I promise you that you get to see her boobies before she gets all zombied up.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-15 6:38 AM
How about her cock? Did they show her cock?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-15 5:19 PM
Supposed spoilers for the finale:
Warning, Spoiler:
In Atlanta a group of walkers are feasting on Rick's horse, or what's left of it, when they're startled by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The horde migrates over several days, weeks, a great distance, and eventually comes to a fence. The fence bows and breaks under the relentless forward motion of the walkers. The herd presses on. Wandering aimlessly in the forest, the walkers turn as a gunshot goes off like a beacon, leading them to dinner. Soon they are closing in on Rick and Carl, as they leave the scene of Shane's murder.

Daryl and Glenn arrive back at the farmhouse. They explain that they heard a gunshot, and share their confounding findings about Randall.

As they walk back to the house, Carl asks Rick about what happened to Shane. Soon after, they notice the walkers bearing down on them, and it's not long before they are overtaken and have to make a run for the barn. Back at the house, the rest of the survivors are just figuring out that Carl is missing and walkers are approaching. Lori is panicking. Hershel passes out the guns.

The horde is making quick work of the barn. Rick dumps gasoline everywhere, busts open the door to lure the zombies inside, and climbs up to the loft with Carl. Carl drops a lighter into the gasoline-soaked hay, igniting everything in sight. Meanwhile, the men and Andrea shoot from their cars in a futile attempt to corral the herd and buy time.

Finally, Daryl figures out that Rick and Carl must be in the barn, and instructs Jimmy to drive the RV to the barn to rescue them. Rick and Carl manage to barely escape, while Jimmy is devoured inside the RV. Blood is everywhere, coating the windshield.

The survivors are starting to run out of ammo. The horde is too large.The women hold hands and make a run for it as Hershel makes a last stand for the farmhouse. They are just about clear when Patricia is attacked from the side and is devoured while Beth is still holding onto her.

Carol is headed off by a few walkers and backed into a corner with nothing but a plank of wood to defend herself. Andrea saves her but is attacked from behind and gets pinned under a walker. T-dog pulls his car around, but quickly has to leave the scene with Beth and Lori before the car is overtaken.

Glenn tells Maggie that the farm is lost; they have to get off the farm, now. Hershel comes to the same realization, almost too late, as a walker sneaks up from behind. Rick saves Herschel and they along with Carl head out in their own direction. Glenn and Maggie take off as well. Daryl finds Carol about to collapse from running, and they speed off together on Daryl's motorcycle. Andrea is abandoned. The barn collapses into the flames. And we're not even halfway done.

The group is now scattered. Glenn and Maggie switch places in the car as Maggie breaks down and can't continue driving. Glenn says they need to make their way to the highway, but Maggie protests that the herd came from that direction. Glenn finally tells Maggie that he loves her.

Rick, Carl, and Hershel arrive at the highway, where they left the care package for Sophia, hoping that the others will think to rendezvous here. Hershel is ready to part ways, but Rick wants to stick together.

Lori and T-Dog argue over where to drive. T-Dog wants to head to the coast, but Lori threatens to jump out of the car if he doesn't turn around and go back to the highway.

A walker appears on the highway. Rick is about to give up on waiting any longer, but… in the nick of time, the other survivors arrive. Meanwhile, Andrea is running for her life in the woods, but the walkers pursue her tirelessly. She can't keep this up for long. Walkers are emerging from the trees in random directions as Andrea shoots to clear a path.

The survivors leave the highway, pushing onward, but soon run out of gas. Several people start to panic and are on the verge of giving up. Rick tries to pull everyone together. The conversation turns to Randall and Shane. Rick has to come clean. He reveals that the secret Jenner whispered to him at the CDC was that everyone is a carrier of the infection. The group is not happy that Rick has kept this from them.

Lori and Rick talk privately. Rick tells her what went down with Shane, and confesses that it wasn't just self-defense… he wanted Shane dead, he was tired of Shane dogging him and acting like Rick stole Lori and Carl from him. Lori freaks out when she finds out Carl's role in Shane's death and withdraws from Rick, refusing to let him touch her.

Andrea is exhausted. This is the end of the line. She can't carry her gun-bag any longer, her pistol is out of ammo -- she bashes in a walker's head with it -- now she's down to knives, another walker practically on top of her… enter Michonne to save Andrea at the last minute, towing two armless walkers in chains, samurai sword in hand.

The rest of the survivors set up camp in the middle of nowhere. They may have found each other again amid the chaos, but the group is still broken. Many are ready to run off into the dark and leave Rick behind, fend for themselves. They are on the verge of splitting up again, when Rick takes back control... he says they're not going anywhere; he killed his best friend for them. This isn't a democracy anymore.

The camera pans up… in the distance looms a prison facility.

Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-16 12:03 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Have you seen the webisodes? They tell the story of the woman who became the female zombie Rick encountered in the park. I promise you that you get to see her boobies before she gets all zombied up.

Link?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-16 5:47 AM
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-1-a-new-day

I watched them on my on demand service from Comcast. I don't know if they are still available or if you have Comcast.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-16 5:58 AM
It says it's not available in my area.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-16 5:58 AM
goddamnit lothar, all I wanted is zombie boobs. Can't you do that one thing for me?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-16 6:57 AM
all I wanted is zombie boobs....

Dude. Lohan posed for Playboy months ago
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-19 6:46 AM
That was great. However, I'm not sure I want Michonne on the show. I know she's in the comics but by that logic Batmite should be in the Nolan films.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-19 10:14 AM
Michonne is a major part of the comic and the story arcs they are about to tackle (especially the prison and governor arcs). Batmite doesn't even appear in the story arcs that the Nolan films are based on.
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 12:35 AM
I loved this episode. The infection reveal fell flat since just about everyone it already but Michonne showing up was great and the last shot of the episode was perfect. Its the only way to finish the season properly.
Posted By: rex's sock drawer Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 2:24 AM
Please help me. I'm being over used. Tell him it has to stop now. He needs a girlfriend or a makeup brush. I can't take anymore abuse.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 2:40 AM
Holy shit! It gained sentience!!!
Posted By: rex's sock drawer Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 2:48 AM
And how. His mixture of jizz and ringworm's smelly enough to wake the dead.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 3:42 AM
goddamnit lothar, Can't you do that one thing for me?

Now you sound like my wife.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 4:22 AM
Are you coming on to me?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-20 2:55 PM
goddamnit lothar, Can't you do that one thing for me?

Now you sound like my wife.

Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-03-21 4:39 AM
http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Nielsen-9-million-viewers-for-Walking-Dead-143434266.html
Nine million watched.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 2:25 AM
That was great. However, I'm not sure I want Michonne on the show. I know she's in the comics but by that logic Batmite should be in the Nolan films.

No
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 7:42 AM

No
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 7:45 AM

No
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 7:48 AM

No
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 8:01 AM

No
Posted By: rex Re: Walking Dead Season 2.5 - 2012-04-02 9:31 AM
don't encourage him. He's trolling for attention.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-07-18 6:27 AM
season three trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y

one free rob kamphausen zombie(Rob Zombie) to the first person who posts this up right

Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-07-18 4:43 PM
Poor Lancethar, can't even figure out the YouTube button.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-08-12 3:23 AM
'The Walking Dead': Deleted scene from original season 2 opening reveals abandoned storyline -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
  • In this exclusive clip following Shane’s rescue, we see the survivors trying to seek shelter with some familiar faces from season 1— Guillermo and the Vatos. But when Rick and Co. arrive back at the nursing home where Glenn was once held hostage, well…the people they find there are not people at all, setting off a frenzied attack. Click on the video player below to see for yourself.

And to see what happens when they go inside the building, as well as to hear showrunner Glen Mazzara’s very candid commentary on why the entire escape from Atlanta storyline was cut, check out the set when it is released on August 28.

Interesting that the deleted scene/storyline would have possibly helped clarify/foreshadow the reveal that everyone who dies becomes a zombie. As others have noted when that point was revealed, at some point one of those old geezers was going to die and rise up unexpectedly and all hell would have broken loose.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-09-21 7:03 PM
The Walking Dead Rolls Out Web Series Cold Storage:
  • The Walking Dead might not be coming back to AMC until Oct. 14, but we’ll be seeing our favorite zombie drama a couple of weeks before then. A series of webisodes called Cold Storage will be released online starting Oct. 1, and will feature Lost alum Daniel Roebeck (best known for playing the ill-fated Dr. Leslie Arzt).
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-13 3:43 AM
Fresh meat for the hungry hordes
  • If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm. The action opens months later, which we see almost immediately from the size of Lori's pregnant belly and, more important, the air of grim resignation that has fallen over the troops.

Finally discovering the prison we saw on the horizon in the finale (it's not clear what took them so long), Rick and friends set about taking out the zombies "living" there with a methodical ferocity that makes slaughter look like factory work. Because that is what it has become.

Any thought that the plague will run its course or that the walkers will die of starvation is gone; killing zombies is just part of life, like scavenging for food and keeping the water supply uncontaminated. Love and hope may still bloom, but the only sense of humor left on the planet appears to belong to Daryl (Norman Reedus), whose job seems to be preserving these important parts of humanity in the same way Irish monks preserved writing during the Dark Ages.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-14 1:42 AM
Warning, Spoiler:

I wonder if it will be Merle who will take Ricks's hand off.

Or maybe it will be Andrea cutting off Rick's hand getting some revenge on Rick for killing Shane.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-14 2:44 AM
Or maybe rick won't lose a hand.

Spoilers.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-14 5:59 AM
maybe he'll lose his dick
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-14 9:18 PM
I have a feeling Rick keeps his hand. It would be too hard to pull off the permanent aftermath realistically in a weekly TV series on basic cable.

They'd have to either green screen the hand and then make up his arm, which wouldn't be cheap, or they'd be forced to resort to the old "tie his hand behind him" stunt. Either way it would either look like crap or strain the shows already diminished budget.

Yeah, I know, we're going to see Merle without a hand. But Merle's not the main character, meaning it won't be as time or money consuming to do the effect. If it happens to Rick it's an ongoing, weekly cost.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-15 3:34 AM
how about getting his dick cut? that wouldn't cost too much to green screen, unless he's black sized down there.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-15 4:06 AM
Lori catches rick with Andrea and chops his dick off. Or While taking a leak outside a walker bites his Rick's dick off.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-15 4:14 AM
If Snarf was on the show he'd only get 3/4 of a walker bite.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-17 5:32 AM
I like how Michone has domesticated those two walkers.

10.9 million watched http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/showbiz/tv/walking-dead-ratings-ew/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-10-22 3:47 AM
So, Herschel got bit by a zombie last week and the name of the actor who plays him isn't in the new opening credits.

Maybe the producers have gotten smarter after the Shane/DVD release publicity debacle.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-05 6:36 AM
Ho.
Lee.
Cow.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-05 6:59 AM
Yeah. I thought Laurie would last longer.

I wasn't to surprised about T Dog. The character never did much in the story. It looks like they already got another black guy to take his place.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-05 7:55 AM
I like the fact that at least one writer had the sense enough to acknowledge that the only useful thing T-Dog did was sacrifice himself to save Carol.

I think that Carl didn't kill Laurie and that she'll pop up later as a zombie much like Sophia.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-16 5:39 AM
Just caught up on the latest ep. I still prefer the show over the comic, but if there's one thing the comic does better it's michonne (at least now I know how it's pronounced).

In the comic, Michonne's character was fleshed out a bit before she and rick ended up in the Governor's territory, so she doesn't seem too one dimensional. Being tortured and raped by the governor in the comic (spoilers!) also helped justify her extreme pessimism, but in the show she's already uber pessimist since the start. I kept rooting for the governor to just throw her out already.

The governor is not as hateful as he is in the comic. Chalk it up to David Morrissey. You know he's nasty, but given the circumstances (zombie apocalypse?) you can at least understand it.

There's also the fact that Andrea and Michonne don't really have anything to fear at the compound, except learning how to be too complacent. In the comic, Rick and Michonne had to protect the prison from falling in the governor's hands.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-16 6:48 AM
I think TV governor is more effective because in the comic book the whole "Charles Manson meets Danny Trejo" look pretty much screamed "insane villain" from the get-go. With the TV version you can believe that people would trust him until they find out the truth.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-16 7:08 AM
I'm with you on Morrissey being more effective based on looks and demeanor. Got no problems at all with casting. Just the story. It hasn't established any need for Michonne and Andrea to leave, and the Governor poses no danger to the prison crew, since nobody in Woodbury knows about it.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-20 9:17 AM
Just watched the latest ep. Holy shit. With only two eps left before the break, we're probably building up to a throwdown between the woodbury guys and rick's crew.

A few things I've been thinking about:

- It's possible that Glenn and Maggie could end up going through the nasty shit Rick and Michonne had to go through in the comic. Maggie could get tortured and raped while Glenn hears it from the other side.

- Either Andrea or Merle (because right now, Daryl is turning into the Tyrese of the TV series, so if the gov kills Daryl, Merle could lose his shit) could do the gov in, like what Lilly did in the comic (you guys should play the Walking Dead game from telltale games. A lot of the minor characters in the comic had major parts in the game, including Lilly - the girl who killed the governor in the comic).

- Or not. The TV series has already proven that it's not afraid to go in a completely different direction.

- I'm glad the phone thing was resolved in a single episode. The comic dragged that one out for several issues.

- Woodbury crew vs Prison crew. It would be interesting how things would go down. The woodbury guys have the upperhand in manpower and firepower, but the prison crew has more experience. Crazy Rick + Daryl = 20 men, they also have Michonne. The only guys that look scary in Woodbury are the Governor and Merle. Also, if they go against the lady with the bow and arrow I don't think they'll have any problems.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-20 3:59 PM
 Quote:
- Woodbury crew vs Prison crew. It would be interesting how things would go down. The woodbury guys have the upperhand in manpower and firepower, but the prison crew has more experience.

Also, there's an inherent advantage in defending, as opposed to invading, what is essentially a fort.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-20 4:38 PM
if they're mounting a rescue of Glenn and maggie, they'd be the ones invading. They'd be in deep trouble as the walls are guarded by Miss Hawkeye and her arrows.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-20 10:49 PM
That's true. But I was thinking of the sequence from the comics where the governor invaded the prison.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-11-21 3:51 AM
They'd be in deep trouble as the walls are guarded by Miss Hawkeye and her arrows.
Based on the last episode all they have to do is stand still and let her run out of arrows.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-12-04 6:06 AM
They only have room for one black guy. As soon as a new main black guy is introduced, the previous one dies.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Walking Dead Season 3 - 2012-12-05 2:10 AM
Carol is NOT a lesbian?!

Shane shot dead again!

What will this crazy show do next??
Cops: Man shoots girlfriend over 'Walking Dead' argument
  • A Williston Park man who police said shot his girlfriend in the back with a rifle Monday after a heated argument over the television show "The Walking Dead" told authorities he was annoyed that she came to his apartment to smooth things over.

In a statement to police, Jared M. Gurman, 26, said he told his girlfriend, Jessica Gelderman, 27, also of Williston Park, to leave.

Gurman and Gelderman, who had been dating for 3 1/2 years, went out Sunday night when they began arguing about the show, an AMC thriller featuring zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, [Nassau Det. Lt. Raymond Cote] said.

"I just know that he felt very adamant that there could be some type of military mishap that would result in some sort of virus or something being released that could cause terrible things to happen," Cote said.

Gelderman, Cote said, thought her boyfriend's belief was absurd.

"She felt that it was ridiculous," Cote said.

Later, the two continued arguing through text messages, Cote said. Gelderman became concerned because Gurman had become so agitated, police said, and went to his apartment to try and calm him down.

When Gelderman showed up, Gurman told police he was sitting on the stairs holding his rifle.

"She tried to defuse the situation and calm him down and told him, 'Let's just go to bed,'" Cote said.

Gurman pointed the rifle and fired one round into the middle of Gelderman's back as she climbed the stairs, police said.

The most unbelievable part of this whole story is that this guy had a girlfriend to begin with...
 Originally Posted By: Dipshit

"Jess walked into the room and I fired the gun once and hit her," Gurman said. "She said, 'Oh my God. What did you do?' "

Quote:
At Gurman's arraignment Tuesday in First District Court in Hempstead, his attorney, Edward L. Lieberman, of Garden City, entered a not guilty plea on behalf of his client, but outside court he acknowledged that Gurman unintentionally shot his girlfriend.

"The rifle went off accidentally," Lieberman said.

The gun "went off unintentionally?"
Bullshit. Even revolvers made post-1960 have safety devices to prevent accidental discharge upon being dropped. You can load them, cock the hammer, and drop/throw/beat on the thing, and still no round goes off...
The most unbelievable part of this whole story is that this guy had a girlfriend to begin with...

You would think so but fat geeky guys with mental problems seem to attract some women.
You just made Snarf cry.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-01-06 11:56 PM
I'm catching up on the last two eps before the midseason break.

Right after the scene where Michonne kills the crazy guy in the cabin and they throw his newly dead body to the walkers (who graphically devour same), the show cuts to commercial: "'The Walking Dead,' brought to you by KFC...where fresh is better."
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-01-25 5:47 AM
Preview of the new eppisodes starting Feb 10 http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-the-walking-de...-191237815.html
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-02-09 8:16 AM
Long interview with Kirkman http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/showbiz/tv/walking-dead-producer/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-02-12 5:08 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/amc-hit-walking-dead-sets-series-ratings-record-214517041.html

Quote:
AMC hit 'Walking Dead' sets series ratings record

NEW YORK (AP) — The zombies keep getting stronger.

AMC's hit "The Walking Dead" set a series record Sunday night with 12.3 million viewers. The show was returning from a hiatus, and the Nielsen Co. said it beats the series' previous record of 10.9 million for its third season debut last October.

More than half of Sunday's viewers, or 7.7 million, were in the youthful demographic of people ages 18 to 49. Nielsen says a cable series has never reached that big an audience in that age group.

That's impressive by broadcast standards, too. While "NCIS" on CBS was the most popular drama on the air with 22 million viewers the previous week, fewer than 5 million of those viewers were under 50.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-03-25 5:38 AM
Damn. Rooker and Reedus completely sold that scene on multiple levels.

From Daryl's stoicism finally cracking to Merles looking at him like when he was alive and driving home the fact that Merle had always been about consuming, not loving, his brother, those guys delivered Emmy worthy work.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-03-25 8:12 AM
Bye,scumbag,you were one of my favorites.

I predict next week they will kill off Hershell,Carol,Judith and Governor.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-04-03 1:53 AM
Nope. Just Andrea \:\(
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-04-03 2:39 AM
and Moltin.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-04-03 7:33 PM
Nope. Just Andrea \:\(

I've been waiting for that bitch to die since season 1. She might have survived if she stopped doing 30 second dramatic pauses every 5 minutes.
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-13 6:13 AM

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/walking-dea...-050000225.html

Quote:

AMC's The Walking Dead is bringing in another pivotal character from Robert Kirkman's long-running comic series on which it is based.

Retired at 35 alum Josh McDermitt has joined the zombie drama in the series regular role of Dr. Eugene Porter, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

In the Image/Skybound comics, Eugene is a former high school science teacher who first appears in the 53rd issue of the series. He travels with sports coach/Army Sgt. Abraham Ford (who has yet to be cast on the AMC series) and Rosita (new recurring player Christian Serratos).

The trio eventually crosses paths with Rick as they make their way to Washington. However, unbeknown to Rick as well as eventual couple Abraham and Rosita, Eugene is lying when he claims to know what caused the zombie outbreak and instead is using the physically superior former sports coach to protect him.

The character remains alive in the comics and proves to be a key part of Rick's group, using his science know-how to manufacture ammunition.

"We're going to tell a version of the Eugene, Abraham and Rosita comic stories, that's what we do," showrunner Scott Gimple tells THR, noting that like the series has done before, there will be similarities and differences to how AMC handles the characters. "I love those characters from the book, they are very different flavors of comic book characters than we've seen on the show."

Eugene for his part, disguises the fact that he's a smart guy by altering his appearance in order to further protect himself. "Josh looks breathtaking in a mullet, he was born to wear one," Gimple said with a laugh. "I can proudly announce we will see a mullet!"

The arrival of the characters also opens the door for the series to explore different locations than the prison. "We're going to get to those characters in a bit but before that, we're going to be exploring a lot of different locations," Gimple says. "We're at the prison the first two episodes. We start looking at other places in episode three on but that isn't even tied with them yet.

Abraham, meanwhile, is a married father of two who following the outbreak returned from a hunt for supplies to find his wife and young daughter had both been raped and his young son force to watch. He ultimately kills the culprits and loses his family, who flee him in fear and are latter found, turned. He eventually becomes Rick's right-hand man after his group loses a key member in battle.

Repped by Innovative and Trademark Talent, McDermitt's credits also include Work It, Last Comic Standing (where he was a semi-finalist during season four) as well asABC pilot Kings of Van Nuys. He was a regular on TV Land's recently canceled Retired at 35.

The Walking Dead returns for its fourth season Sunday at 9 p.m. on AMC.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-16 1:35 AM
I saw it. Poor piggie.

It's weird that there are people on the net speculating that the virus is mutating and has infected the pig. I don't think there's any sense in the writers going with that kind of plot - I thought it's already been established that everybody already has the infection, and it just kicks in when they die. They can't get infected because they already have the virus.

I bet the kid with the glasses just died because he was sick from something. Probably the same disease that killed the pig, but it's not the zombie virus.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-16 2:59 AM
Yeah, at this point in the series we are at least a year into a society with no modern health care as we know it. No hospitals, very few doctors, untreated water systems, no trash disposal, limited access to medicine (antibiotics have a very limited shelf life), etc.

That's a recipe for middle ages style pandemics regardless of a zombie virus.

So when you throw in the whole "everyone who dies will turn" concept, that's all the amped up threat we need without something like "the virus is mutating."
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-19 9:14 PM
The air is got to be cleaner. River and oceans are probably cleaner. The rest does suck.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-20 4:36 PM
I would wonder about some things like nuclear power plants.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-20 9:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I would wonder about some things like nuclear power plants.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=221132

Unless you assume that someone was able to shut the plants down before the zombie apocalypse the above link postulates that things would be pretty dire even without the walking corpses.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-21 3:02 PM
Rats. At the beginning of the episode, someone feeds a rat to a walker through the prison’s outer fence.

Who is doing that, and why are they trying to bait more walkers to the prison? Governor seems the likely culprit

Also, does the site of rats indicate this isn't a 'walker flu' but an old fashioned plague?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 2:54 AM
It's someone brave enough to catch rats in their bare hands. Most women probably won't do that. It looks like it was done from inside the prison and I doubt the gov would sneak inside the prison to feed some walkers and then sneak out again.

I think the gov is more of a full on assault kind of guy. He'll probably be back sometime with a new army.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 2:54 AM

Posted By: thedoctor Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 2:59 AM
Do you think that Hank Hill would allow something as small as the Zombie Apocalypse keep him from keeping his yard mowed?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 3:28 AM
\:lol\: Hank mowing his lawn while peggy stands by with a rifle shooting walkers.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 3:57 AM
If it isn't the governor or one of his lackeys, my bet is on the black bald dude (the one that Daryl brought home like a pet in one of his jaunts) or the two new little girls.

Aside from them, I don't know any other characters. Tyrese's sister can't possibly be the culprit since she's going to get sick as well in the next episode. It's going to be really stupid if the twist is that it's someone from within the group that they haven't introduced before.

I'm also surprised that Daryl is the new leader. But we all know Rick's still in charge if he wants to. Daryl isn't the kind of guy who'd want to hold on to authority anyway, unlike Shane or the Gov.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 6:48 AM
If it isn't the governor or one of his lackeys, my bet is on the black bald dude (the one that Daryl brought home like a pet in one of his jaunts) or the two new little girls.

Kinda my thoughts as well. I had the Gov. or the new black guy pegged (PROFILING!). With the shit they brought out this episode about the girl being off and actually caring for the zombies she named. I figured that she might be feeding them as one does a pet. The Gov. is still the front runner. You don't let a villain like that live and not bring him back.
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-10-22 2:25 PM
It's someone brave enough to catch rats in their bare hands. Most women probably won't do that. It looks like it was done from inside the prison and I doubt the gov would sneak inside the prison to feed some walkers and then sneak out again.

The newbies at the prison are from the Governors town. It is conceivable that one or more are still loyal to him and following a plan he devised. And the Gov is not above using walkers as a weapon as we've seen in the past.

Do you think that Hank Hill would allow something as small as the Zombie Apocalypse keep him from keeping his yard mowed?

\:lol\: Hank mowing his lawn while peggy stands by with a rifle shooting walkers.

Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-11-18 7:35 AM
So, they are pulling a Ben Linus with the governor, are they?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-11-22 6:47 AM
Walking dead wedisode:The Oath http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-the-oath-part-1

It's not as good as the others,but it's something to watch.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-11-25 5:15 PM
the latest episode somehow got overshadowed by Day of the Doctor, but it's still a good episode. The Governor is well truly fucked in the head now.

I'm worried that Herschel is the one that's going to get Tyresed, since he's the only one besides Michonne outside, and because they gave him such a kickass episode before they pulled out the gov
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2013-12-19 3:47 AM

http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/Walking-Dead-creator-Frank-Darabont-sues-AMC-236466731.html

Quote:

'Walking Dead' creator sues AMC

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The creator of "The Walking Dead" is suing AMC, claiming the cable channel has denied him tens of millions of dollars in profit from the hit drama.

Oscar-nominated filmmaker Frank Darabont and Creative Arts Agency filed suit Tuesday in New York Supreme Court against defendants including AMC Network Entertainment.

AMC produced "The Walking Dead" in-house. The lawsuit alleges the New York-based company paid itself a deliberately low license fee to air the show as part of improper "self-dealing."

The suit contends the purpose was to minimize revenue that go into a pool of funds for the show's profit participants.

AMC declined to comment on the suit.

Darabont developed "The Walking Dead" from Robert Kirkman's comic book series about zombies. His other work includes the films "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile."
MORE TO EXPLORE
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2014-02-10 5:55 PM

MTA ‘troubled’ by ‘Walking Dead’ subway grate video
  • A video prank for “The Walking Dead” in which actors playing zombies lurked beneath a subway grate and scared New Yorkers is under investigation by city officials, authorities said.
    “We are deeply troubled by this video,” an MTA spokesman said Sunday. “We have forwarded it to the NYPD and are also conducting our own investigation.”

Police said they hadn’t received a formal complaint from the MTA as of Sunday, a police source told the Post. But accessing subway grates and filming on city property without permits could result in charges of trespassing, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, the source said.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2014-12-03 2:37 AM

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/12/amc-apologizes-for-walking-dead-spoiler/

Dont look if you don't want to know.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: the Walking Dead - 2014-12-03 3:40 AM
Know what, that AMC told the world Beth was dead?
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2014-12-03 3:54 AM
Yeah, like that was a shock. Beth's had a big target on her back all season. She might as well have been wearing a red star fleet uniform.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2015-02-17 3:40 AM
Hey,SoM, how did you like the dog eating scene in last nights Walking Dead?
Posted By: the G-man Re: the Walking Dead - 2015-02-17 3:57 AM
hey, Glenn gotta eat
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: the Walking Dead - 2015-02-17 4:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lother
Hey,SoM, how did you like the dog eating scene in last nights Walking Dead?

I thought I accidentally switched the channel to TLC or one of those food networks.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2015-02-19 4:07 AM

Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: the Walking Dead - 2015-02-23 2:28 AM

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/walking...-us-weekly.html

Quote:

The Walking Dead's Markice "Kesan" Moore Attempts Suicide, Survives:

Markice "Kesan" Moore, an actor and rapper best known for his role as prison survivor Andrew on season 3 The Walking Dead, attempted to commit suicide this week, TMZ reports.

Moore was found on Tuesday, Feb. 17 after overdosing on a mix of Xanax and Patron. He was taken to the hospital where he was placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold. He has since been released and is undergoing therapy.

TMZ added that Moore recorded a video "in which he outlined his plan to end his life, telling his kids why he wanted to take such a drastic measure."

Moore got his start in 2006 in the film ATL, appeared on the VH1 reality series From G's to Gents in 2008, and had a guest appearance on the series Army Wives in 2010. He played former prisoner Andrew for three episodes in season 3 of the hit AMC zombie series.

The actor's manager told Us Weekly Moore was upset following the recent death of his grandmother.

"At this time, Mr. Moore is focused on getting the help he needs and moving forward with his life to live it to the fullest," the manager tells Us. "He has a bright future ahead of him that he is looking forward to. We ask that you respect his privacy while he is taking time to heal and keep Markice and his family in your prayers."
© RKMBs