RKMBs
Posted By: rex The Amazing Spider-Man - 2009-12-17 5:14 PM
Spider-Man 4 Circling John Malkovich, Anne Hathaway

Quote:
No matter the superhero franchise, when it comes time to make a sequel, people mainly want to know one thing: Which villains will be in it? Currently, fans are trying to crack the mystery of Spider-Man 4’s bad guys; rumors and speculation had it that every actress in Hollywood was trying out for the sexy villainess Black Cat, or that Dylan Baker’s Curt Connors would finally get to transform into the Lizard in this installment. Now, though, Movieline has confirmed with sources close to the film that Raimi’s sequel is circling John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway to play Spider-Man’s adversaries, and neither evildoer is quite what you might have expected.

If negotiations proceed according to plan, Malkovich will be playing Spider-Man’s nemesis the Vulture, who packs a punch despite his advanced age. The Vulture is able to fly through the air and brandish his sharp wings to attack Spider-Man.

As for Hathaway, that’s where things get tricky.
The 27-year-old actress is currently the top choice for Felicia Hardy, who’d been long-rumored as one of the new characters in this installment. (Other names bandied about for the role included Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams, and Romola Garai.) However, unlike in the comic books, this Felicia Hardy doesn’t transform into the Black Cat. Instead, Raimi’s Felicia will become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.

What does this mean for poor Dylan Baker, who’s patiently played Curt Connors in the last two installments? As much as it would seem that the series is setting up his eventual transformation into supervillain the Lizard, we hear that the suits simply can’t bring themselves to sign off on such an odd-looking enemy — instead, they’d rather hew closer to villains with a human face. Perhaps, then, it’s the best-case scenario for Baker: He gets to remain the subject of fanboy interest, but he doesn’t have to cede his role to a motion-captured reptile in a lab coat.
 Originally Posted By: rex
However, unlike in the comic books, this Felicia Hardy doesn’t transform into the Black Cat. Instead, Raimi’s Felicia will become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.

Indication that this is Sony fucking with fanboys and sending out misinformation.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-17 8:27 PM
SPIDER-MAN 4 Production on Indefinite Hold
  • An inside source working on the project tells IESB that there are some major issues director Sam Raimi is dealing with that include an incomplete script. And why is the script incomplete? Looks like Raimi and the studio heads at Sony Pictures can't agree upon a villain for the film.

Raimi is pushing hard for the Vulture to be the big baddie, something he also pushed for in the third film to star alongside the Sandman but didn't get and we all know how that one turned out. Vulture was to do his evil deeds alongside the new Goblin and Sandman. A single concept art sketch can be seen in "The Art of Spider-Man 3" book. Vulture and Flint Marko would have been cellmates who escaped together, with Vulture pressuring the more passive Marko into committing crimes.

On the flip side, who does the studio want to be the villain? Our source says they seem to only be interested in featuring which ever character is selling books right now but basically they have no idea, just not the Vulture.

If that's the studio's plan maybe they should bring back Dafoe and adapt Dark Reign or whatever that shit's called.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 9:26 AM
Good hopefully this will kill Spidy films for a decade.

Some developemental hell is just what this franchise needed.
Posted By: rex Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 9:49 AM
http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_con...tures&Itemid=73

Quote:
UPDATE: Sony has contacted us this morning and they are denying the story. The production is on their expected holiday hiatus, but will ramp up again early next year.

Yes, the filmmakers are working on the script, but there is nothing unusual about that at all, productions always are working and tweaking scripts right up until principal photography begins and that is still a few months away.
Posted By: rex Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 9:51 AM
If Sony stops making Spider-Man movies they lose the rights. They will continue to milk the series as long as they can.

I just hope Raimi and Sony learned from their mistakes with the trird one. I still like the first two as long as I deny the third ones existence.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 4:18 PM
One villain....not two,three or more should be in the movie.Less backstory is involved.If they had just had Sandman and made him a true villain and not a sympathetic character,it would've been way better.Also ditching the whole black costume/symbiote/emo Peter thing would've helped a lot as well.Getting rid of Mary Jane would be cool too....hmmmm,maybe developmental hell would be better after all.
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 5:30 PM
spider-man should also have a cape, a motorcycle, and truth lasers.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 6:06 PM
.....and a mustache,because with great mustache comes great responsibility.
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 6:11 PM
you're goddamn right it does
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 6:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: Tom Selleck
With great mustache comes great responsibility.
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-18 8:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: Evil Michael Knight
With great soul patch comes great responsibility.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 12:48 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
spider-man should also have a cape, a motorcycle, and truth lasers.

quoted for truth lasers.
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 12:56 AM
damn truth lasers!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 12:58 AM
truth laser?

i barely knew her!

\:lol\:
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 1:02 AM
i just pulled that one outta thin air!

i dont know how i do it!
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 2:24 AM
your business is comedy gold.
Posted By: Rob Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 2:24 AM
and business is good.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-19 3:58 AM
damn good!
Posted By: allan1 Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2009-12-20 7:20 PM
Posted By: rex Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2010-01-07 5:39 AM
http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/spider..._medium=twitter

Its been really delayed and its now called Spider-M4n. Kill this franchise now.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2010-01-07 5:43 AM
Reboot. In T-Minus 5 years.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2010-01-07 6:23 AM
WHO4.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2010-01-07 8:11 AM
They have no reason to stop insisting on more villains. The last one made a shitload of money. All is fucked.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider-Man 4 on hold - 2010-01-07 8:27 AM
D4MN!
Posted By: the G-man Spidey 4 dead, Raimi, Maguire out - 2010-01-12 3:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
Reboot. In T-Minus 5 years.

AICN says confirmed: Spidey 4 dead, Raimi and Maguire out and Studio going reboot route.
  • Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.

Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the Spider-Man franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

“A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We’re very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning,” said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

IF this is true, ten bucks says they are going the TWILIGHT route. We are going to see emo pretty boys in the roles, and it is going to be teen Spidey fighting other teen villais. Also look for a much stronger focus on romance than action.

Of course, "confirmed" at AICN can be "gossip" anyplace else.
Posted By: rex Re: Spidey 4 dead, Raimi, Maguire out - 2010-01-12 7:07 AM
Bendis is hinting on twitter that the reboot will be based on Ultimate Spider-Man and that he is a consultant on the new movie.
Wasn't the old one based on Ultimate Spidey? I think he meant Ultimatum.
Posted By: the G-man Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-01 8:44 PM
Zac Efron to be the next Spiderman

A couple of tabloid sites are reporting this as actual news, as are a few comic book sites.

No word from "real" press on whether it's true or not, but given the Disney-Marvel marriage (even if Sony's making the picture I could see Disney wanting their biggest teen star part of the Spidey brand they now own,) and the direction the franchise is apparenty going, I wouldn't be surprised.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-01 8:53 PM
i feel sick.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-01 8:57 PM
Supposedly it was between him and one of the Twilight vampires so this might be the lesser of two evils.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-01 9:15 PM
I have also read that Hudgens is being considered for the Mary Jane role.
Sounds like High School Spiderman the musical is on the cards.

Hope this is just rumours, and that they are sticking with their initial plan to go with unknowns.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-02 1:13 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

No word from "real" press on whether it's true or not, but given the Disney-Marvel marriage (even if Sony's making the picture I could see Disney wanting their biggest teen star part of the Spidey brand they now own,) and the direction the franchise is apparenty going, I wouldn't be surprised.

I doubt sony consults Disney on who to put in their movies though.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-02 1:58 AM
True. What I meant was that, even if Zefron's under contract with Disney I could see Disney letting him do a picture for a rival studio if it involved a character they now owned.
Posted By: rex Re: Zac Efron To Play Spider-Man? - 2010-02-02 3:30 AM
I'm glad that they are doing everything then can to completely decimate this franchise.
Posted By: thedoctor Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-07-02 4:32 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/andrew-garfield-cast-new-spiderman
 Quote:
Andrew Garfield, 26, has been cast as the new Peter Parker for the next installment in the "Spider-Man" movie franchise, Columbia Pictures announced on Thursday.

Andrew will make his official screen debut as the legendary superhero on July 3, 2012, when the film hits theaters in 3-D.

Production on the film will begin in early December.

Marc Webb, who helmed "(500) Days of Summer," the indie hit which starred Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, will direct the picture.

The director said in a statement that fans will be pleased with Andrew's casting.

"Though his name may be new to many, those who know this young actor's work understand his extraordinary talents," Marc said. "He has a rare combination of intelligence, wit, and humanity. Mark my words, you will love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker."

Andrew has appeared in a few films, including "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," the project Heath Ledger was working on at the time of his death in 2008 and 2007's "Lions for Lambs" with Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.

The young actor is also a part of the cast of the upcoming Facebook movie, "The Social Network," due for release later this year.

Columbia Pictures also confirmed that James Vanderbilt is penning the screenplay. He previously wrote the screenplays for 2007's "Zodiac," which starred Jake Gyllenhaal and most recently "The Losers," which starred Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chris Evans (who coincidentally is playing another superhero - Captain America), and Zoe Saldana.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-07-02 5:06 PM
Thats gonna be one strange shaped mask to cover that hair
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-07-03 12:00 AM
he looks kinda like tobey

I saw him in a Terry Gilliam film. He's a better actor than Tobey.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-07-03 12:17 AM
Rob would rather see him in Terry Gilliam.
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-07-03 12:18 AM
because he likes batman so much!!!!!!
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-11 8:55 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/breaking-rhys-ifans-to-be-spidey-villain/

Quote:
BREAKING: Sony Pictures Entertainment has offered the villain role in the Spider-Man reboot to Rhys Ifans. Studio insiders wouldn't say which villain he's playing, and there's been speculation about a bunch of baddies. He's the next piece in the puzzle after SPE hired Marc Webb to direct, Andrew Garfield to play the wall crawler and Emma Stone to play his first love Gwen Stacy.

The Goblin had been involved in the Gwen Stacy storyline from the comics, but there have also been rumors that Spidey will battle Venom. Will tell you when I know for sure.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-11 10:12 PM
Train-wreck. Sony just needs to hand the keys back to MARVEL...
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-11 10:54 PM
They could at least use different villains. that guy might make a good vulture. Or maybe that could finally let that professor guy change into the lizard.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 1:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

I cant seen anything that suggests train wreck.

Cant say I am familiar with Webb (its almost like he was born to direct a film about spidey), or the guy playing Spidey, but Stone and Ifans are not bad choices.

Nothing has been firmed up about villains or story, so I really cannot see what your issue is, above and beyond you always say super hero films will be shit the moment they are announced.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 1:57 AM
Actually, I don't have an issue. I just knew if I posted something negative it would make you post in reply. You or Rob. \:lol\:
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 2:18 AM
Of course you did.
I expect this kind of back peddling from Snarf, not you.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 2:57 AM
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 3:01 AM
Oil your wheels dude, they're starting to squeak ... oh, thats your hips ... sorry!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 3:09 AM
Is that an age joke? If so, I give you points for avoiding your normal bald routine. It's nice to see your creative side...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-10-12 3:19 AM
Normally you look at my backside!
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-05 2:10 AM
Martin Sheen will play Uncle Ben. This news continues my overwhelming indifference to this movie.
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-05 4:21 AM
Now Sally Field might be playing aunt may. This movie is going to have more star fucking in it than an NBC show.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-05 5:24 AM
Martin Sheen will play Uncle Ben. This news continues my overwhelming indifference to this movie.

Yeah, that would seem to indicate they're retelling the origin. Who needs that?

Kind of ironic, however, that Charlie Sheen's dad would end up playing Uncle Ben, given how the younger Sheen publicly all but begged Cameron to cast him as Peter back in the late 80s- early 90s.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-09 4:29 AM
So this will be Ultimate spider-Man? A younger looking Aunt may (even though she's still old)?

As long as there is no Venom ....

I agree...it seems too soon...underwhelmed. But in rewatching the Spider-Man films I realized I have no real affinity for them really. This may be a good thing.
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-09 4:31 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2010-11-15 1:40 AM
Having just seen him in "the Social Network," yeah, Andrew Garfield is probably going to work as Spidey.
Posted By: the G-man Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 5:33 AM
Denis Leary To Play Captain Stacy In Spider-Man Reboot: apparently, in the reboot, Capt. Stacy is an angry alcoholic who inexplicably gets to fuck dozens of hot women.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 5:49 AM
In the movie, Captain Stacy will steal jokes from less successful policemen who deserved more credit.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 5:53 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 8:08 AM
This might end up sucking more than the third one.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 2:49 PM
It's like, how much more sucky could this be? and the answer is none. None more sucky.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Denis Leary In Spider-Man Reboot - 2010-11-18 5:35 PM
Its Ultimate Spidey for a new hip generation!
Posted By: thedoctor First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-14 5:42 PM
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-14 6:01 PM
Disco Steve got beat up while trick or treating
Posted By: the G-man Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-14 6:31 PM

Anyway, it looks a little like the Ben Reilly costume.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-18 8:35 PM
They're going back to the mechanical webshooters. And here's some Denis Leary as Capt. Stacy.

Posted By: Hybrid Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-18 9:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Disco Steve got beat up while trick or treating

\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: thedoctor Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-31 11:09 PM

Posted By: allan1 Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-01-31 11:26 PM
While it is recognizable as Spider-Man,I gotta say that that costume design sucks giant donkey balls.
Posted By: the G-man Re: First Spider-Man Reboot Photo - 2011-02-01 3:45 AM
I'll reserve judgment until I see a properly lit official shot. Costumes and props sometimes look like crap under the wrong lighting.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-01 7:51 AM
Pro! You're alive! I'm totally not disappointed that you didn't die a gruesome death like I imagined and prayed for!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-01 9:59 AM
That's Mexican for "Surprise! Butt-Sex!", right?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-01 2:51 PM
ou é?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-01 7:38 PM
Oh, you...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 2:52 AM
Spidey just replaced Batman as Rob's favorite character:

Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 3:04 AM
g-man's "old man ninja" look unleashes new success!
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 3:09 AM
retirement hilarity aside, the new costume sorta resembles the concepts alex ross put together for the other spidey films. now, with more codpiece!

Posted By: thedoctor Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 3:54 AM
How the hell do they sorta resemble each other?
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 4:09 AM
hmm
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 7:39 AM
Not counting the colors, I see the comparison Rob's making. Without a doubt the eyes. Not to mention the red one-piece, with the blue longer in the front on gay-boy versus Ross' sketch...
Posted By: rex Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 7:40 AM
It looks like shit. I still haven't seen anything that would make me want to see this movie.
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 7:50 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
How the hell do they sorta resemble each other?

well, if you look at one of the suits, and then compare it to the other, there's a resemblance in a number of details. it's pretty technical.

im sure there are images of each to compare across the intrawebs using an engine for searching.
Don't bull shit me.
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 8:02 AM
the internet is real jaburg. i don't care what you say.
Posted By: Rob Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 8:02 AM
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE INTERNET!!!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 5:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: Rob
retirement hilarity aside, the new costume sorta resembles the concepts alex ross put together for the other spidey films. now, with more codpiece!

Seriously, I find that the costume has more in common with the comic book version than Ross's design.

Posted By: the G-man Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 6:14 PM
I think its got elements of both. The black eyes are a direct lift from the Ross design. The colors are clearly more in line with the traditional suit.

Personally I think it most closely resembles the Ben Reilly costume

but it's not even a direct match for that.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-05 8:54 PM
The eyes aren't black. They're reflective. Just like the Rami movies, the 70's TV show, and what the comics are supposed to represent. That shot seems to have some black, like a car, reflecting in the eye pieces.

Posted By: rex The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-02-14 11:14 PM
Its not called "The Amazing Spider-Man" and this is the first official picture of Spider-Man taking a shit while shooting webs.

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-02-15 1:26 AM
he's trying to compare the two watches he stole
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-02-15 1:26 AM
"shit, the other one is 5 seconds late!"
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-02-15 1:32 AM
"Polex? Goddamnit!"
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Some Dude Cast as the New Spider-Man - 2011-02-15 6:24 AM
Spider-Man has a Bush?
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-02-20 10:18 PM
Its not called "The Amazing Spider-Man" and this is the first official picture of Spider-Man taking a shit while shooting webs.

The mask is fine.Everything else about this costume is shit.
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-19 1:03 PM
Another leaked trailer

If you want to download it: http://www.multiupload.com/N9TWW0N26W
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-19 1:05 PM
Meh, once again I have no interest in this at all. Everything in this trailer was done before and not enough time has passed to start all this shit over again.

The mirror's edge rip off part is more than likely going to make me vomit if I saw it in the theater.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-19 3:27 PM
I miss the Ben Reilly Spiderman suit. Somebody needs to bring this back. And not on Spidergirl.

Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-19 3:38 PM
Meh, once again I have no interest in this at all. Everything in this trailer was done before and not enough time has passed to start all this shit over again.

The mirror's edge rip off part is more than likely going to make me vomit if I saw it in the theater.

Yes. I can understand the need for a "soft reboot," ala the Hulk, but essentially remaking the first film ten years later? Pass. I'll wait for a sequel.
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-20 8:17 PM

I know boycotts never work but we need to find a way to make this movie fail so Marvel can get the rights back and at least stick Spider-Man in an Avengers movie.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-20 10:08 PM
you can ask Shazamgirl to make you a petition.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-20 10:22 PM
Quite frankly, I haven't seen anything bad from this yet. It's not Raimi, and that is a minus. I still haven't seen anything that makes this movie look bad, though. This is leagues better than anything put out to promote the GL movie.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 3:42 AM
My complaint with the trailer is that it doesn't show anything new. Based on what was shown, the new movie has the same story as the first spidey movie, minus a villain.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 3:43 AM
I bet the movie is all about Spiderman lifting an island and throwing it into space. Also, he has a bastard child.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 5:08 AM
Emo Parker??? \:lol\:

Emma Stone and Martin Sheen are pluses. That is all. This looks like it will suck out loud.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 6:44 AM
This looks lie a Nolan version of Spider-Man.

The roof top scenes look like something from a computer game.

This could be ok if they don't take to long to get to the Spidey action that people want to see.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 6:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Emo Parker??? \:lol\:

So, just regular Peter Parker then, huh?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-21 11:46 PM
Well, it looked like First Class was gonna suck balls until I actually saw it.
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-22 6:10 AM
looks like a teenybopper version of the original movie. How does putting teenagers in the role of characters change the story enough to warrant a movie?
Posted By: rex annoying foreign douche arrested at comic con - 2011-07-24 7:06 AM
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/...mic-con-2011237

Quote:
Spider-Man's Rhys Ifans Arrested for Misdemeanor Battery at Comic-Con

He plays a villain in The Amazing Spider-Man, and if his actions at Comic-Con are any indication, Rhys Ifans is a bit of a bad boy in real life, too.

The actor, who plays Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard in the movie, shoved a female security guard prior to Friday night's panel in San Diego, Calif. Ifans, who turned 44 the same day, became irate when a member of his team was denied access to the hall because he lacked proper credentials.

According to The Wrap, Ifans -- who smelled of alcohol -- pushed the guard in order to pass through. He was allowed to participate in the panel with costars Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, though he walked on stage late and said very little. The guard made a citizen's arrest once it was over. (A Sony spokesperson said that Ifans "deeply regrets the incident.")

"He was aggressive and belligerent," Lt. Andra Brown said. "He was berating everyone from the security staff to the United States of America."

"He was cited and released, which is a non-custodial misdemeanor arrest," Brown said. The San Diego City Attorney will now determine whether to pursue charges against Ifans. He could be required to pay a fine, or he could dispute the case before a judge.

"But, according to him, the U.S. sucks and he doesn't want to come back," Brown said of the actor, who once dated Sienna Miller.
Posted By: rex Re: annoying foreign douche arrested at comic con - 2011-07-24 7:06 AM
The downward spiral continues...
"But, according to him, the U.S. sucks and he doesn't want to come back,"

So he's no different than 90% of the actors in Hollywood
Still, he was great in Pirate Radio.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-25 10:13 PM
My complaint with the trailer is that it doesn't show anything new. Based on what was shown, the new movie has the same story as the first spidey movie, minus a villain.

i do think it looks better than the original, but only in a "remastered, now with kung fu grip!" type way. like when they re-released the donner superman film on blu-ray, or something. it's oddly and unnecessarily similar - even garfield's voice is all not-black, like tobey's.

this could have easily been spider-man 4, without skipping a beat. throw in a quick "here's whatcha missed: spider bites peter, peter strong" recap, and bam - new film!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-25 10:22 PM
Sony wants a younger Spider-man still in high school. Hard to do that as a sequel with a new cast. Yeah, they probably don't need to redo the origin, but it looks like they want to put the Lizard in with the whole mutation thing as well. Don't know. Still will wait and see. The POV rooftop stuff looked a lot better on the big screen than on the computer monitor.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-25 10:36 PM
Sony wants a younger Spider-man still in high school. Hard to do that as a sequel with a new cast. Yeah, they probably don't need to redo the origin...

Yeah, if its a reboot anyway, just reboot it at a few months post origin. Most people who aren't continuity obsessed fanboys wouldn't care much.
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-25 11:05 PM
Sony wants a younger Spider-man still in high school.

Which is why I don't understand why they choose someone to play Spider-Man that everyone saw as a college student just a year ago.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-25 11:20 PM
Yes, rex, because people never play characters that are anything but their own age. You have out smarted a multibillion dollar company. Collect your reward of a brand new nothing.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-07-26 12:25 AM
Sony wants a younger Spider-man still in high school. Hard to do that as a sequel with a new cast.

i spose. tobey really only went to school for one day in the first trilogy. and then the next day, they were adults.

there looked to be a scene of parker in high school in the trailer, so maybe that will last longer than the afternoon. otherwise, spider-man 4 could have still worked nicely.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2011-09-28 5:46 AM
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-07 11:21 AM
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-07 11:22 AM
The suit looks like shit.
denis leary sucks.
The special effects look good.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-07 9:30 PM
i like how they actually include "the untold story" in the very trailer that matches, shot for shot, so many scenes from the ten year old film. beyond the repeated origin, we get the locker fight scene? bridge action? well played, marvel.

i DO think it looks like a better version of the 2002 film, if i was comparing the two side by side... which i will.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 2:38 AM
will you touch yourself while comparing the two scenes?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 2:38 AM
rex would!
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 2:58 AM
I'm always touching myself.
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 3:09 AM

Wow. Looks like total shit.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 3:10 AM
goddamnit! now i have to go see it. thanks pariah...
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 4:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

Oh crap, he gave it his seal of disapproval... \:\/
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 4:52 AM
No. Seriously. It looks like total shit.

May or may not be worse than Toady Maguire. Not sure. Don't much care. It just looks like shit.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 8:08 AM
well played, marvel.

Sony. Maybe it'll bomb and Sony will give up and let the rights lapse and Marvel will get a chance to do a Spidey movie (though I think Sony would sooner ask Roger Corman to do a remake and not release it than let the rights lapse).
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 8:30 AM
So. Wow. That looked....wow.

What's up with the girly web-swinging? What happened to the web sound effects? Is Dennis Leary supposed to be taking the place of J. Jonah Jameson now? Is there a single moment in that trailer where I was supposed to be....excited? Involved? Are there actual "fans" excited for something like this? I just....I don't know what to say.

I agree with Mxy. I hope Roger Corman makes a Spider film and MARVEL uses the Corporate Military to attack SONY and reclaim what is rightfully theirs...
Posted By: rex Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:00 AM
You just admitted to reading my post.

I win again!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:01 AM
Emma Stone's boobs have grown.
Posted By: iggy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:08 AM
I finally get the Lizard as a villain and it is in this shit?!? Sony can fuck off!!!
Posted By: iggy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns

Oh crap, he gave it his seal of disapproval... \:\/

This shit is going to be a fucking blockbuster now...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:21 AM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
I finally get the Lizard as a villain and it is in this shit?!? Sony can fuck off!!!
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 5:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 5:24 PM
Emma Stone's boobs have grown.

Bless her!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 6:06 PM
I will. With my mouth.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-08 9:41 PM
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-09 3:08 AM
i like how they actually include "the untold story" in the very trailer that matches, shot for shot, so many scenes from the ten year old film. beyond the repeated origin, we get the locker fight scene? bridge action? well played, marvel.

i DO think it looks like a better version of the 2002 film...

It's funny reading interviews with the director where he tries to say with a straight face this isn't a "remake"
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-09 10:17 PM
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-09 10:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
That belongs in the 'MAZING THINGS ON THE NET forum.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-09 10:23 PM
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-10 3:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-10 7:13 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-02-11 9:22 PM
Another product tie-in giving us a pretty detailed look at the probable Lizard design.

As others have noted, it looks nothing, nothing, like Goombas
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-15 8:29 PM
"The Amazing Spider-Man" Debuts New Theatrical Poster: a new poster for director Marc Webb's Columbia Pictures franchise reboot has surfaced on AddictoMovie that puts the high-swinging wall-crawler, and his web-shooters, front and center.

"He is back and it will be amazing"?

That's the tagline now?

Seriously?

It is interesting largely only because it seems to signal ("He is back" replacing "untold" story) that Sony has decided that maybe no one wants a remake of a ten year old superhero film and they had better try marketing it as another sequel.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-15 8:42 PM
I don't know if it was their intention, but the new costume in that poster looks really low budget, like Youtube Fanvideo low-budget.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-16 12:48 AM
I suspect they will Dark Knight the movie and make it more drama and less super hero action. That might be ok.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-16 2:38 AM
they should make it less drama and more super hero action plus more boobs.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-16 2:39 AM
if they could throw in a lightsaber duel, I'd watch it twice.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-04-16 8:39 AM

Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-06-27 3:13 PM
critics are divided down the middle on Sony's 'Spider-Man' reboot: The consensus is not unlike Parker's own superhero career: rocky at points, healthy at times and flat-out "amazing" in other areas.

Spidey Peters out: hardly awful but not coming close to living up to that adjective in the title either. Sometimes dull and mostly uninspired, it’s much less a satisfying reboot like “Batman Begins’’ than a pointless rehash in the mode of “Superman Returns.’’

Marc Webb's new Spider-Man is the superhero film for the Twilight generation: On paper Gwen might be the love interest, but in many ways she’s the main character, giving us a human perspective on the superhuman drama.

Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-06-28 11:18 PM
The pic chosen to represent this article for the Frontpage banner is further evidence of G-Pussy's in-the-closet-status. Someone please love him so he'll finally know what happiness is. MEM? Anyone?
Posted By: MrJSA Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-06-29 1:39 AM
fuckoff cunt!!!! leve it in the GAY forum!!
Posted By: MrJSA Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-06-29 1:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
critics are divided down the middle on Sony's 'Spider-Man' reboot: The consensus is not unlike Parker's own superhero career: rocky at points, healthy at times and flat-out "amazing" in other areas.

Spidey Peters out: hardly awful but not coming close to living up to that adjective in the title either. Sometimes dull and mostly uninspired, it’s much less a satisfying reboot like “Batman Begins’’ than a pointless rehash in the mode of “Superman Returns.’’

Marc Webb's new Spider-Man is the superhero film for the Twilight generation: On paper Gwen might be the love interest, but in many ways she’s the main character, giving us a human perspective on the superhuman drama.

the new guy looks like my cock after a cold shower
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-01 6:29 PM
'Amazing Spider-Man' Not Much Fun
  • Here’s a cool idea for a movie: Teenage dweeb Peter Parker weathers the taunts and pokes of high-school bullies until one day he’s bitten by some kind of magical spider and starts shooting sticky webs out of his hands and scampering up walls and…

Oh, wait—we’ve already seen this movie. Ten years ago, in Sam Raimi’s opening installment of the first Spider-Man series....

Will The Amazing Spider-Man suck up millions over the long Fourth of July weekend? Sure. So did the goopy Spider-Man 3—even though that film wound up tanking the first Spidey series.
Posted By: iggy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-03 8:03 AM
So, any fags go to the midnight showing of Superhero Twilight and do you have any thoughts on just how much of a gaywad you are?
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-04 4:09 AM
I did. i thought it was really good. I didn't expect to like it,but I did.Sure,the basics of the origin were the same,but I thought it had better characterization than the first Raimi flick and the action was good.So yeah.I reccommend people going to see it.
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-04 7:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: allan1
I did. i thought it was really good. I didn't expect to like it,but I did.Sure,the basics of the origin were the same,but I thought it had better characterization than the first Raimi flick and the action was good.So yeah.I reccommend people going to see it.

i.e. It sucks. Roger.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-05 8:28 AM
The pic chosen to represent this article for the Frontpage banner is further evidence of G-Pussy's in-the-closet-status. Someone please love him so he'll finally know what happiness is. MEM? Anyone?

The pic makes it looks like Nowie and spidey know each other.
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-15 4:28 AM
Went to see this with a group of Spiderman fan-tards yesterday (I was forced).

I got to the point where unkie Ben went into his "obligation" rant before I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I walked out and went across the hall to watch the last half of Avengers.
Posted By: iggy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-15 4:50 AM
I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway but, when my Sex and the City loving step-mom started gushing about it...well, that pretty much closed the door on me even renting it with an open mind.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-07-21 9:10 PM
saw this last week. it was in 3d, which i loathe, but unlike every other 3d movie, the entire thing could be watched without the glasses. no 2d blurriness, except in a handful of moments. so that was a nice perk.

i think i enjoyed it more than any of the first three spideys, but its difficult to say how much i actually liked it because it was so friggin similar to the first three spideys. it felt much more like when you watch a remastered version of indiana jones and the temple of doom; familiar, but neato! so many scenes felt shot-for-shot similar.

but, i liked garfield better than tobey. i liked that they kept him in high school rather than moving right along. i liked that there were more scenes without the power-rangers, everyone-pantomime-in-masks effect.

i probably would have loved it much more, and thought it much more amazing, if i didn't just see it years ago. but it was still fun.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2012-08-23 5:41 AM
I enjoyed it, but too close after the Raimi Tobey trilogy. (I know the legal reasons.) Not found of having a build up for Green Goblin again, but if it means they'll have Hobgoblin later...

... Though Hobgoblin isn't that interesting without The Rose, and for the Rose they'll need Kingpin.... I hope Sony gets Kingpin, and Marvel will be forced to use another villain for Daredevil.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 4:28 AM

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/18/two-more-spider-man-sequels-coming/?hpt=hp_bn9

Quote:

Two more 'Spider-Man' sequels coming
It looks like "The Amazing Spider-Man" has a few more webs to sling.

Sony Pictures' Chairman of Worldwide Marketing and Distribution, Jeff Blake, announced the dates for two more 'Spider-Man' sequels - and the schedule extends into 2018.

"The Amazing Spider-Man," the 2012 reboot of the series (which followed three Sam Raimi-directed films in the 2000s) took in over $750 million at the worldwide box office last year. Production is already under way in New York on "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," set for release on May 2, 2014.

Banking on the success of the new series, the studio has plans for a third film to be released on June 10, 2016, followed by the fourth installment, scheduled for May 4, 2018.

" 'Spider-Man' is our most important, most successful, and most beloved franchise," Blake said in a statment. "We're thrilled that we are in a position to lock in these prime release dates over the next five years."

Chances are Spidey fans worldwide are nodding their heads in agreement.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 4:49 AM
I actually liked amazing spider man, much to my surprise. Not as much as Raimi's first but based on it's own merits it was pretty good.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 6:03 AM
Yeah it was a good movie. Just too close to the other versions.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 6:04 AM
and to my cock
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 12:16 PM
Sunk like a stone.

Will Spidey be in the next Avengers' movie?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-19 1:09 PM
Nope, Dave. Sony has the movie rights to Spider-Man.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-20 1:24 AM
and have just announced several more sequels, so am not sure Dave understands what sunk like a stone means.
Personally despite my initial fears that they were going all emo twilight bullshit from the trailers, I think this is my favourite Spidey movie as Garfield just seems to get the role more than Maguire did.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-20 3:23 AM
I just hope they don't bring in Odie and Nermal as sidekicks.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - 2013-06-20 5:38 AM
Spider-man really hates Mondays.
Posted By: the G-man Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-11 6:42 AM
...as Rob's favorite superhero:
  • In an interview with Entertainment Weekly released on Wednesday, The Amazing Spider-Man star Andrew Garfield suggested that he’d like to play Peter Parker as a young man exploring his bisexuality. According to Garfield, he told producer Matt Tolmach that he’d like MJ – Mary Jane – to be a boy. “I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he said. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-11 8:27 AM
I think you're watching the wrong movie or reading the wrong comic if you're always thinking about spider-man's gender preference. It doesn't matter if he's gay or straight when he's punching crime in the face (unless the criminal looks like Channing Tatum).
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-11 8:30 AM
also, first they turned him black, then they're going to make him BI. Is there something about Spider-Man that people always want to push their own agenda by modifying the character?

I've never heard of any actor or writer try to drastically change Superman or Batman in terms of the the core things that defined the characters.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-11 6:24 PM
Careful now. You're starting to sound like me. I may end up taking your ass to court soon for copyright infringement.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-12 6:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
I may end up taking your ass

Thats the Pariah we all know and loathe.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-13 3:03 PM
My ass is community property!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Spider-man Replaces Batman - 2013-07-13 4:56 PM
Then it probably has bird poo on it.
© RKMBs