RKMBs
Posted By: rex The Chicago Code - 2010-01-06 7:49 AM
Fox greenlights Shawn Ryan's 'Ridealong'

Quote:
Hour-long cop drama set in Chicago
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER
Fox has given a greenlight to the Shawn Ryan pilot "Ridealong."

Fox had earlier handed a put pilot order to the Chicago-set cop show (Daily Variety, Aug. 10).

Project's a personal passion project of Ryan's, who grew up in nearby Rockford, Ill. "Ridealong" will center on three groups of police officers --ranging from uniformed beat cops to the female chief of police.

Ryan wrote and exec produces the hour-long drama, which comes from 20th Century Fox TV.

In August, Ryan said he hoped to shoot the skein in Chicago, which he has made a major part of the show.

"It's a city I'm very familiar with, and one I haven't seen photographed much, at least on TV," Ryan said at the time, adding that he thought Chicago had become "the center of the universe."

"When I pitched it to the people at Fox, (Chicago was) the first character I described," Ryan said. "It's a gorgeous town and is the most interesting architectural city in America."

Ryan said Chicago is also a "city with a big crime problem at the moment," which will inform the show.

Ryan said "Ridealong" will mostly take place on the streets of Chicago, and will be populated by unique people -- including the central lead character, a Polish-American cop who plays up his heritage.

"There will be a few twists that make it different from other cop shows on the air and will make it Fox-like," Ryan said.

"Ridealong" will showcase close-ended cases, "but something will happen in the pilot that will have overarching (ramifications) that we deal with over time. It will be less serialized than 'Grey's' but more than 'CSI.' "

Ryan said "Ridealong" will also include elements of Chicago's shady politics and underworld.

"I don't think it will be as gritty a world as 'The Shield' was, but it will feel authentic," Ryan said.

"Ridealong" comes from Ryan's Midd Kid shingle, which he runs with Marney Hochman Nash.

The busy Ryan is behind the upcoming FX series "Terriers" and is an exec producer on "Lie to Me."
Posted By: rex Re: Shawn Ryan's new cop show, "ridealong" - 2010-10-27 12:27 PM
This show is now called "The Chicago Code" and will probably start in January.
Posted By: rex Re: Shawn Ryan's new cop show, "ridealong" - 2011-02-07 2:06 AM
First episode tomorrow night. Reviews seem to be good and its being called The Shield but with good guys.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-07 2:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-08 8:48 AM
Great first episode.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-15 9:17 AM
Another great episode. I hope all of you are watching this.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-17 7:49 AM
I am. Good stuff.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-19 7:46 AM
I'm watching the first ep right now.

The councilman (Delroy Lindo) is the best actor.
Jennifee Beals is still hot as hell but the "grays anatomy" style narration in the opening scene was a little off-putting. I hope they don't keep that.
The action sequences are pretty good.
Overall worth watching.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-19 7:58 AM
The narration will be dropped once they have everyone established.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-19 8:02 AM
Good. That's the only major flaw.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-23 5:49 AM
This is too good of a show to have music during action scenes.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-02-23 5:50 AM
how about slow motion and bullet time?
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-03-03 9:02 PM
I think this just became my favorite show of the season. I love any show that goes after king husseins terrorist buddies.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-03-03 9:41 PM
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-03-03 11:55 PM
Its ok, profagious. You can just stick to your time traveling hobo shows.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-03-04 12:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-03-04 4:09 AM
Lights out is still my favorite but I love chicago code!
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-04-26 5:08 AM
Repeat tonight but its the Ayers one which is probably the best one yet. No more repeats after tonight.

Its rumored that this show is getting cancelled but the thought of two Shawn Ryan shows getting canceled in one year is too depressing to think about.
Posted By: THE Bastard Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-01 11:27 AM
good show. tied with Detroit 187 for best of the season.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-08 6:01 AM
I like the show overall but I gotta say that Wysocki (both the character and the actor) is probably going to be the show's downfall. Something about him is really annoying.
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-09 1:58 AM
What G-mans? Wasaki is why the show is so great! That and Jessica Beals and the cool undercover guy \:\)
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-10 2:03 AM
Its sad when we don't even bother correcting your mistakes anymore.

If the ratings are good for tonight's episode, it gets renewed, if its bad, it won't. Please get everyone you know to watch.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-11 6:38 AM
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/fox-cancels-the-chicago-code

Its canceled. That's two Shawn Ryan shows axed by Fox in the last year. He signed a development deal with Sony a few months ago when he thought TCC was getting canceled. Hopefully something good will come out of that.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-11 4:38 PM
damnit
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-12 3:14 AM
Hopefully this show gets picked up by another station. The Chicago Code was a great, great program.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-12 3:56 AM
Shawn Ryan said he's talking to other networks about it this week but he's doubtful about it getting picked up.

Its a shame netflix doesn't pick up series like this. That would get the remaining five people who don't have it to subscribe.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-13 12:06 AM
I am surprised that TNT wouldn't pick it up, especially after the success they had with Southland after NBC dropped it.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-05-14 1:20 AM
This show just started in some European markets. If the ratings are excellent there's a chance it will come back for a second season.
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-06-15 4:37 AM
Shawn Ryan just said on twitter that this show is dead. No other network wanted it. Its a fucking shame.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-06-15 5:17 AM
Fuck TV.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-06-15 5:19 AM
Yeah...
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-06-15 5:36 AM
Now I hate shit like CSI even more.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-06-15 5:40 AM
Yeah?
Posted By: rex Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-08-22 10:35 PM
http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1189651p1.html

Quote:
The Shield's Shawn Ryan Lands Psycho & Nuclear Sub Pilots
Terriers (*sniff*) and The Chicago Code might have fizzled out, but creator Ryan will be back in a big way in 2012.
August 22, 2011

We still love The Shield and mourn for Terriers here at IGN, so it was great to hear that the creator of those two series, Shawn Ryan, has had a busy past few days. Ryan now has pilot deals at both ABC and CBS.

Deadline is reporting that Ryan and feature writer Karl Gajdusek just landed a pilot at ABC (with a hefty pilot production commitment) called Last Resort. The show revolves "around the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become hunted after ignoring an order to shoot nuclear missiles. They escape to a NATO listening outpost where they publicly declare themselves to be the world's smallest nuclear nation with 24 nuclear warheads."

The second project, at CBS, is Ryan's pilot with fellow showrunner Simon Mirren (Criminal Minds). They have a put pilot commitment for a new show about a genetic scientist who uses his newfound discovery that he has the psychopath gene to help the FBI catch killers. The series, which is being described as a cross between Criminal Minds and Dexter, is apparently inspired by "the true story of UC Irvine Professor James Fallon, a brilliant but genetically flawed scientist who, while helping to unlock the mysteries of the genome code, discovered that he was a psychopath linked to a long line of serial killers, including axe murderer Lizzie Borden."
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-08-23 6:11 AM
ABC=cancelled midseason
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-08-24 1:09 AM
ABC = won't watch. I'm waiting for them to fuck Castle over so I can go back to pretending the network doesn't exist.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Chicago Code - 2011-09-28 5:38 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
© RKMBs