RKMBs
Posted By: Prometheus The Avengers - 2010-07-26 7:24 AM
The Avengers at ComiCon

(Iron Man, SHIELD Agent Colson, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, and Bruce Banner)
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 8:02 AM
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
Cosmic cube will be in Cap movie. Infinity Gauntlet will be shown in Thor...and maybe Avengers too.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 4:18 PM
When did they get Richard Belzer to play Iron Man?
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 4:22 PM
Right after you said something funny.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 5:58 PM
I wonder why they felt the need to have Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige up there with them? Are we supposed to cheer the mediocrity that is Joss Whedon, and celebrate the unprofessional assjack that is Kevin Feige?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 5:59 PM
And in that shot, Mark Ruffalo looks like one of the Sweathogs...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 6:00 PM
I bet Hawkeye will be gay...
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 11:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I wonder why they felt the need to have Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige up there with them? Are we supposed to cheer the mediocrity that is Joss Whedon, and celebrate the unprofessional assjack that is Kevin Feige?

They did it just to piss you off.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-26 11:14 PM
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 4:09 AM
same reason Joe Johnston was at the Captain America movie panel and that Ken Branagh was at the Thor movie panel. Whedon is directing and Feige is producing. common practice. what I'm wondering is why Agent Coulson is out there.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 4:53 AM
He's in there to protect Fury and Widow
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 8:15 AM
Agent Coulson has signed multi-movie deals, so he's considered part of the pack...
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 8:23 AM
He's also awesome. So far I like him better than Fury.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 9:49 AM
in a gay manner
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 8:35 PM
Biblically?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-27 10:00 PM
if you know what he means
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 7:49 AM
Agent Coulson has signed multi-movie deals, so he's considered part of the pack...

but why? what is his purpose? he's pretty much extraneous so far. unless there's going to be some sort of big reveal about him later on he's the Marvel equivalent of a redshirt.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 7:51 AM
He's the guy they can get when Samuel L. Jackson is off doing other things.
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 7:53 AM
The Avengers!

Captain America!

Thor!

Iron Man!

The Hulk!

Black Widow!

Hawkeye!

Nick Fury!

and. . .Agent Coulson?

he ain't working for me, and he's really not needed. like I said, unless there's some big reveal about him later on, he's useless.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 9:53 AM
If he sucked I'd be mad. But since he's cool i don't really care
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 10:40 AM
Also, he's supposed to represent Shield. Black Widow can't because she's a woman, and Nick Fury is black.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 4:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: Grimm

but why? what is his purpose? he's pretty much extraneous so far. unless there's going to be some sort of big reveal about him later on he's the Marvel equivalent of a redshirt.

Originally Posted By: rex

Exactly. Did you miss a movie or something?

The Avengers!

Captain America!

Thor!

Iron Man!

The Hulk!

Black Widow!

Hawkeye!

Nick Fury!

and. . .Agent Coulson?

he ain't working for me, and he's really not needed. like I said, unless there's some big reveal about him later on, he's useless.

Sure.....if they were saying he's part of The Avengers team. Depending on how they present the concept of The Avengers, he may be ground-support akin to Jarvis. He might be their slightly-nicer Henry Gyrich analogue. He might be crowd-control or their government liaison field-operative Or, he just might be the connective thread for a lot of the movies, freeing Sam Jackson up to appear in the meatier sections.

All in all, it's just a picture of the actors involved in the mammoth Avengers project, including Joss Whedon and Marvel Exec Kevin Feige. I don't think it really means anything except that they signed him for a multi-picture deal like the rest, and thus included him with the rest of the actors...

Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Also, he's supposed to represent Shield. Black Widow can't because she's a woman, and Nick Fury is black.

Also, that...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 4:33 PM
If he sucked I'd be mad. But since he's cool i don't really care
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 5:10 PM
 Quote:
He might be their slightly-nicer Henry Gyrich analogue.

That's exactly what I assumed they were going for.
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 8:01 PM

Exactly. Did you miss a movie or something?

I'm talking storyline purpose. I don't think it's that hard to figure out what I'm asking for here. let's not be intentionally dense.

Quote:
Sure.....if they were saying he's part of The Avengers team.

are they not doing so by featuring him along with the rest?

Quote:
Depending on how they present the concept of The Avengers, he may be ground-support akin to Jarvis. He might be their slightly-nicer Henry Gyrich analogue. He might be crowd-control or their government liaison field-operative Or, he just might be the connective thread for a lot of the movies,

those would work as explanations, but I still find no real reason to have him up there with the rest.

Quote:
freeing Sam Jackson up to appear in the meatier sections.

All in all, it's just a picture of the actors involved in the mammoth Avengers project, including Joss Whedon and Marvel Exec Kevin Feige. I don't think it really means anything except that they signed him for a multi-picture deal like the rest, and thus included him with the rest of the actors...

once again, talking storyline.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-28 9:38 PM
Storyline, I would say he's involved as Fury's right hand man. As part of The Avengers line-up, I don't think he actually is. And as far as he is standing up there with them? Like I said, same reason Whedon and Feige are up there...marketing...
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-29 8:37 PM
no Ant Man in Avengers, btw. Wright said his script doesn't fit with their chronology.
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-29 9:02 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=37026

new cartoon trailer. looks decent. dig the newspaper headlines at the beginning. Hydra apparently bought Brainiac's old ship. gay ass theme song.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-29 9:21 PM
Notice that they made Fury black but with the "classic" Nick's hair (white temples, etc.)
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-29 9:24 PM
I think that the Super Hero Squad show had already done that.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2010-07-29 10:42 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=37026

i can't wait to see the updated take on this clip from 1994!
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: The Avengers - 2010-08-12 8:41 AM
I think recasting Norton was a big mistake. It removes the whole sense of continuity they were building by having cameos between films. They also sent a clear message that they were sacrificing story and performance for a "team player" which will hurt the film. It'll be a hit sure but I think with moves like this and Thor/Captain America most likely continuing the trend set by Iron Man 2 (lack of real story to sell the overall Avengers idea) will turn people off.
I just hope MisterJLA doesn't live to see it.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2010-08-12 8:48 AM
Would you feel the same way if you knew he was a republican?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: The Avengers - 2010-08-12 2:26 PM
i don't see why they need to cast anyone, why not just use the cgi Hulk, and no Banner?
Posted By: Prometheus Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-28 3:01 AM
Den of Geek

Mark Ruffalo to “actually play the Hulk” in Marvel’s The Avengers

Quote:
The last two attempts to bring the might of the Hulk to the big screen have seen Eric Bana and Edward Norton morphed into CGI bastardisations of themselves, neither to hugely convincing effect.

That's led to some chatter about how Marvel intends to tackle things with the next actor to take on the role, which happens to be Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo is portraying the big green guy in the forthcoming movie The Avengers, and he's been talking to Vulture about how his take is going to be slightly different.

He told the site that he's actually going to be playing the Hulk for real on the big screen. "I'm really excited. No one's ever played the Hulk exactly, they've always done CGI," he noted. And he continued, "They're going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture. So I'll actually play the Hulk. That'll be fun."

This does seem to be the most logical approach right now, short of giving Lou Ferrigno a call. You can read more over at Vulture.
Posted By: Rob Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-28 3:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Mark Ruffalo
No one's ever played the Hulk exactly, they've always done CGI

Originally Posted By: Lou Ferrigno
\:\(
Posted By: Rob Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-28 3:45 AM
OR

No one's ever played the Hulk exactly, they've always done CGI

I SAID, NO ONE'S EVER PLAYED THE HULK EXACTLY, THEY'VE ALWAYS DONE CGI

wha?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-28 3:48 AM
I give LOL's on the first one. But, the second one....the same money-shot, but with a jab at his deafness? Inspired.
I am curious as to how they can pull it off. Hulk, at least the last two iterations, is incredibly stout and muscular to the point that he already looks anatomically wrong. Also, he's at least 7 ft tall. Ruffallo would probably wear prosthetics and be digitally magnified an shit, which kind of ruins the whole "Look, not CGI!" thing a bit.

Ferrigno pulled it off well but the effect hasn't aged well. Compared to the CGI hulks, his version looks lame.
Lou Ferrigno is a real person?
I thought he was like the chick from the Final Fantasy movie, you know, the hottest actress of the 00's according to every magazine at the doctor's office in 2001.
HE IS TO ME.
I dont know what they mean by "neither to hugely convincing effect."
My personal opinion is that the CGI Hulk looked perfectly fine for what it was supposed to be in both films.
Whether they mean that you really couldnt tell that they had morphed the actors features, well, who cares (except the actor that is)?
Since when does Hulk look like Banner?
I thought the CGI looked okay in the sequel but wasn't very good in the first.
When did you meet green LLance?
Posted By: rex Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-30 1:33 AM
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/09/29/morena-baccarin-rumored-for-the-avengers/

Quote:
The rumor mill is at it again, once more insisting that Janet Van Dyne — also known as the Wasp — has a role to play in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers. But who’s up for the role? According to one source, it’s none other than Whedon veteran and current lizard queen Morena Baccarin.

Mania reports:

An exclusive tip from a scooper who is known to us tells us that in between filming sessions for V, actress Morena Baccarin was seen visiting a comic shop and purchasing “a bunch of Avengers comics.” Our tipster further said she was asking the store workers to specifically point out comics with the Wasp in them.

Just to reiterate, the source is someone we know and we have every reason to believe this source saw and heard what they claim. But what does it mean exactly?

It very likely means nothing. Eva Longoria was spotted in a similar situation back in 2008, but the actor has shot down rumors of her playing Wasp multiple times in the past. In fairness, Baccarin’s connection to Whedon strengthens the rumor a bit — the two worked together on Firefly and Serenity — but I still wouldn’t read too much into this until further details come to light… which could be never, really.

Still, it’s worth thinking about: how do you think Baccarin would fare as Van Dyne? Not a bad pick, if you ask me.
Posted By: rex Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2010-09-30 1:33 AM
I approve of this rumor.
I believe that producers have previously denied using both the Wasp and Ant Man.
also, a morenna bacsomething wasp wouldn't be able to fly because her boobs would weigh her down
She can flap her tits. They're aerodynamic.
It'd be cool if she could shrink down like in the comics, but her boobs stayed the same.
\:lol\:
She's a suck actress, if her SG1 stint is anything to go by. Hope this is just a rumor for "Avengers II" which will start filming the moment this one is done, I'm sure...
Posted By: Prometheus Disney Pays for Distribution Rights - 2010-10-18 11:51 PM
CBR

Quote:
Walt Disney Studios has acquired the marketing and distribution rights to The Avengers and Iron Man 3, ending Marvel Studios’ deal with Paramount Pictures two years early.

The agreement stems from Marvel’s days as an independent company and had to pay Paramount to distribute its movies. When Disney acquired Marvel last year for $4 billion, Paramount retained the rights to Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers and Iron Man 3.

But this afternoon Disney announced it will pay Paramount $115 million to end the deal following the release of Thor and Captain America in May 6 and July 22, respectively. According to The New York Times, that figure could rise depending on the performance of the two movies.

Here’s the official press release:

BURBANK, Calif., Oct 18, 2010 — The Walt Disney Studios, Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios announced they have reached an agreement under which Paramount will transfer its worldwide marketing and distribution rights to Disney for Marvel Studios’ The Avengers and Iron Man 3. Paramount will remain the worldwide distributor of the upcoming films, Thor and Captain America, as well as the previously released Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Under terms of the new deal, Disney will pay Paramount $115 million for the transfer of the distribution rights to Iron Man 3 and The Avengers to be paid on the theatrical release dates. These monies will serve as a minimum guarantee against the distribution fees.

“In completing this agreement, Disney will now assume worldwide marketing and distribution of The Avengers and Iron Man 3 and leverage these two highly-anticipated films across the multiple global platforms of The Walt Disney Company,” said Rich Ross, Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. “We appreciate the tremendous momentum that Paramount established with these iconic Marvel characters and look forward to propelling the brand even further in the coming years.”

“Five years ago, when Paramount and Marvel made our initial deal, both our businesses were in very different places,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures. “We are grateful for the partnership we have had with the terrific Marvel team over these years and proud of the work we have done together. Today, this new agreement is the right deal for Paramount, for Marvel and for Disney. We look forward to working together on Thor and Captain America, and we wish Disney and Marvel the utmost success, in what we know will be a very productive and wide-ranging partnership.”

“Paramount has been a wonderful partner in helping Marvel Studios bring our characters to the big screen,” said Alan Fine, Office of the President, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “This agreement makes sense now that Marvel is part of The Walt Disney Company.”

Paramount will release Marvel Entertainment’s Thor and Captain America worldwide beginning on May 6 and July 22 of 2011, respectively. The Avengers will be licensed to Epix under Paramount’s existing pay television arrangement.
Posted By: Prometheus SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 12:35 AM
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier Revealed:

Quote:
Here's a first look at Nick Fury's flying fortress from Joss Whedon's Avengers. The Helicarrier, which was originally supposed to appear in Iron Man 2, was designed by George Hull and eschews the comic book design's turbines for giant propellers.

According to leak site Spidermedia.Ru, Kevin Feige wants to build one of these puppies atop the convention center for the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. I hope he also decides to recruit 300 Samuel L. Jackson impersonators to wander the convention floor as Life Model Decoys.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 12:49 AM
i never understood how a single helicopter landing on an aircraft carrier almost knocks down the soldiers on the deck, yet a bunch of giant helicopter propellers on this thing don't even make a breeze?
Posted By: rex Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 12:51 AM
Its a comic book.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 12:53 AM
huh?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 12:58 AM
Yeah, or at least you're hanging out in the yard and SUDDENLY YOU'RE PINNED TO THE GROUND BY HURRICANE-FORCE WINDS....that slowly subside as the shadow passes in front of the sun above you... \:lol\:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 3:19 AM
It's magic, dude.
You know.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: SHIELD Helicarrier Revealed - 2010-10-19 3:47 AM
...she said, and tried to look the other way...
Posted By: rex Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2011-02-15 12:39 AM

Fan made but still pretty cool.
Posted By: rex Re: Ruffalo to “actually play Hulk” - 2011-02-15 3:33 AM
Cobie Smulders (From some horrible CBS laugh track show) has been cast as Maria Hill and has signed an eight movie deal with the possibility of her own movie somewhere down the line.
Posted By: Prometheus The Avengers : Coming Soon - 2011-03-28 5:39 AM

Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers : Coming Soon - 2011-03-28 10:31 PM
Is that last one really official? I thought it was fan made.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers : Coming Soon - 2011-03-29 6:02 AM
I thought it was released by Marvel when Sam Jackson did the voice-over at Comic-Con? I guess it doesn't matter, really. It's nice and simple and legit enough to count for a "teaser" right now...
Posted By: Grimm new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-19 11:54 PM
looks good, but they've changed some costumes again. . .

Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 1:23 AM
I'm digging the choice to use black and white. Very stylish!
Posted By: Grimm Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 1:38 AM
Evans, Downey, and Hemsworth seem to have good chemistry, too!
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 2:11 AM
Laugh all you want. I'd see that movie.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 2:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Laugh all you want. I'd eat that movie.
Posted By: Grimm Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 2:55 AM
Joe, this is no time to share your dietary urges. we have some serious intarwebz nerding out going on here!
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 3:07 AM
Sorry. \:\(
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 3:08 AM
Laugh all you want. I'd eat that movie. Is Pro's wife available yet?
Posted By: Grimm Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 3:34 AM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 3:36 AM
\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-20 4:23 AM
Well-played \:lol\:
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-25 7:15 PM
According to Whedon, shooting starts today.
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-27 10:32 AM
Mark Ruffalo is on Kimmel tonight and he said that The Hulk will be the out cast of the movie which makes me hope that the Avengers movie will follow the first arc of the Ultimates comic.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-27 7:29 PM
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-04-28 3:21 AM
CHAIR NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR HULK! HULK SMASH PRODUCTION ASSISTANT!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-05-01 12:39 PM
I just saw Thor today. In crappy 3D (I actually removed my 3d glasses halfway through and noticed no difference).

Awesome movie, though. It's not as good as Iron Man, but it works. I especially loved how they didn't try to cheese it with the romance angle, and focused more on Thor's relationship with Loki. I also liked the fight scenes with the Frost Giants, I can actually picture this Thor having an epic battle with the movie Hulk.

I don't dig the Warriors three and Sif. They felt unnecessary and awkward(especially Sif, since Thor already has a love interest with NatPort)
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-05-02 4:34 AM
I liked it too. It's cool that they played it straight when they had to play it straight (in Asgard) and they made it funny when it had to be funny (on Earth). Towards the end I lost interest and actually dozed off, but that's partly because I saw a very early preview screening.

Didn't like the Warriors Three either: the actors were cool (Tito Pullo!), but you could practically hear the writer going "okay, let's make the Chinese guy say something now I guess". Sif was even worse: it's like they decided to add her later on and went through the script replacing some Warriors Three lines with her name.

I did like the human characters, especially Kat Dennings, because I've seen her boobies on Google and they're pretty great.
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-05-02 4:38 AM
http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1134461#Post1134461

I know the womens forum has been taken over by the pedo club but I still try to post some good things in there.
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 6:30 AM
This will probably be taken down very soon but this is what people are seeing after the Captain America movie.

Removed but the official one should be up soon.
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 6:31 AM
All of the sudden the front of my pants got tighter.
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 5:09 PM
Avengers trailer
This one still works for now.
Posted By: Rob Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 5:12 PM
RDJr > Avengers
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 6:01 PM
CBR/Spinoff Avengers
This one is a bit better.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 6:09 PM
Nice
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-18 11:01 PM
I'm glad the real Allan1 is still here to save us!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-23 4:44 AM
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-23 9:27 AM

Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-24 10:01 PM
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-24 10:02 PM
The complete image:

Posted By: Rob Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-25 10:06 PM

hey, aquaman... how about you go talk to some fish!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-25 10:11 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-25 11:12 PM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-25 11:13 PM
\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 12:22 AM
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 3:58 AM
They need to get Freddie Prinze Jr. on that film stat.
Posted By: the G-man Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 4:31 AM
I have a feeling he's available...
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 4:55 AM
yeah. I heard he turned down Snarf's latest proposal.
Posted By: the G-man Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 5:05 AM
All Snarf wanted was a failed former teen idol to love and that failed former teen idol to love him back....
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 5:40 AM
Yeah, that's stretching the joke too much.
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 5:54 AM
He g-manned it.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-26 6:13 AM
\:lol\: to that picture
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-29 4:12 AM
Not the full preview but still cool.

Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-29 5:51 AM

Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-07-29 6:23 AM

Better quality of the trailer.

Around the 46 second mark there's a bunch of Shield dudes surrounding a cabin with a green glow in it. This makes me hopeful for the Hulk tearing shit up and being the bad guy in this movie.
Posted By: Grimm Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 4:44 AM
actually looks good. love Stark's Black Sabbath shirt.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 4:56 AM

Better quality of the trailer.

Around the 46 second mark there's a bunch of Shield dudes surrounding a cabin with a green glow in it. This makes me hopeful for the Hulk tearing shit up and being the bad guy in this movie.

I saw Cap today. It was awesome. As for your Hulk=Bad Guy theory, I would imagine it will be something like, say, the origin of The Avengers. Where Loki tricks the world into thinking the Hulk is responsible for some great whatever and they Assemble(!) to stop him. Then join forces with him. Then they go out to a swinging groove club with Jan and Hank...
Posted By: the G-man Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:16 AM
I didn't see the Norton Hulk film but didn't Downey have a cameo as Stark in which he indicate that they were putting a team together? If so, that would seem to indicate that Hulk and/or Banner is recruited for the team, as opposed to being a "villain."
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:37 AM
Unless they're making the team to find him
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
I didn't see the Norton Hulk film but didn't Downey have a cameo as Stark in which he indicate that they were putting a team together? If so, that would seem to indicate that Hulk and/or Banner is recruited for the team, as opposed to being a "villain."

IIRC, Stark's cameo in Norton's Hulk was him approaching Fury and indirectly/snarkily offering his help against the hulk problem.
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:50 AM

IIRC, Stark's cameo in Norton's Hulk was him approaching Fury and indirectly/snarkily offering his help against the hulk problem.

Actually,it was Stark approaching General Ross,offering help and telling him they were putting a team together.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:50 AM
I saw Captain America during the weekend. I loved it. But the best parts for me were the recruiting stage, especially Erskine's “People forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own.”

For a comic book movie about punching nazis, Captain America did more than other serious WW2 films to give a nod to the fact that not all Germans at that time were Nazis, and that there were German victims as well.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:51 AM
Stark: "We're putting a team together"

Ross: "What kind of team?"

And then Stark gives one of those looks that you'd see on like Smallville
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:54 AM
the "I'm going to sex you in the ass" wink?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:55 AM
you know it all too well
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:56 AM
I'm doing it right now!
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:57 AM
I caught the movie again at a drive-in theater and still say that this is THE best super-hero film of the summer.......however,I was with two friends who hadn't seen Thor and parts that directly related to that movie were completely lost on them and/or left them a little confused(not much mind you and it only took a few minutes of explanation from me but still it does show that people who aren't comic readers or not interested in certain characters are missing out and now have to wait for the DVD release).
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:58 AM
I'm doing it right now!

Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 6:31 AM

Originally Posted By: allan1
I caught the movie again at a drive-in theater and still say that this is THE best super-hero film of the summer.......however,I was with two friends who hadn't seen Thor and parts that directly related to that movie were completely lost on them and/or left them a little confused(not much mind you and it only took a few minutes of explanation from me but still it does show that people who aren't comic readers or not interested in certain characters are missing out and now have to wait for the DVD release).

Really? I haven't seen Thor yet, and I followed just fine.

I saw Captain America during the weekend. I loved it. But the best parts for me were the recruiting stage, especially Erskine's “People forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own.”

For a comic book movie about punching nazis, Captain America did more than other serious WW2 films to give a nod to the fact that not all Germans at that time were Nazis, and that there were German victims as well.

Agreed! It was a respectful but honest look back on American propaganda of the age, and how Rogers used that to his advantage. I think Stan Tucci absolutely brought the heart of this film, and wish he could have been in more of it. Howard Stark was a nice blend between RDJ's Tony and something new. Totally worked for me. I could see that guy being Tony's father. Haley Atwell was pitch-perfect in her role. She was never over or under the top, and I appreciate her holding back and letting Evans dominate the scenes. It was nice to see Tommy Lee come out of acting hibernation and actually put forth some effort in this role. He was hilarious. Again, a pitch-perfect tone. He had the best line of the movie, too:

"Hail Hydra! Cut off one head and two more take it's plac---"

BAM!! (Tommy Lee nails him with a shotgun blast and glances at his men)

"How 'bout we go find two more..."

\:lol\: Fucking. Awesome.

Loved, loved, LOVED seeing Dum-Dum Dugan and the Howling Commandos. That was a nice nod.

And what can I say about Chris Evans? He did it. He sold me. He found Steve Rogers and made him come alive. I'm totally convinced.

All in all, good times. Hope the future ones can be as enjoyable.

The Avengers teaser was too quick. I want more!
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 6:37 AM
Thor is still playing at second run theaters. Its well worth watching. In some ways I liked it more than Captain America just because I wasn't expecting anything out of it.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 3:36 PM
Thor reminded me of Xanadu. A blonde Australian camping up mythology.

Haven't seen Cap yet. Hopefully next weekend.
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 4:53 PM
Well,it's parts like the cosmic cube,that if you saw Thor,what happens with the Red Skull and the cube,it makes more sense also the end with the Avengers.That kind of thing.Like I said,it only took a couple of minutes of explanation but to see Thor then Cap you get the bigger picture of what's going on.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:36 PM
Cosmic cube?
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 5:54 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 6:22 PM
Thor is still playing at second run theaters. Its well worth watching. In some ways I liked it more than Captain America just because I wasn't expecting anything out of it.

At this point I'm just waiting for a clean download or Netflix before The Avengers comes out.

Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Thor reminded me of Xanadu. A blonde Australian camping up mythology.

Originally Posted By: allan1
Well,it's parts like the cosmic cube,that if you saw Thor,what happens with the Red Skull and the cube,it makes more sense also the end with the Avengers.That kind of thing.Like I said,it only took a couple of minutes of explanation but to see Thor then Cap you get the bigger picture of what's going on.

Oh I see what you are saying. I think they described it perfectly for new viewers in Cap. It was a weapon of "mythological" status. That's all that was needed for this flick. But, if I/they had seen Thor we would have a bigger picture of what the Cube is and where it comes from, etc.? I think that's a smart way to play it on their part. It's like my wife observed when the credits rolled: a section got up like normal and left, while at least half sat perfectly still waiting for the Avengers teaser afterwards. There will always be a market for those that aren't into the tie-ins or crossovers and just wanted to see a good action flick. But, if one were interested (i.e. the ones who stayed) there is more meat to be found on the bone, so to speak. I'm glad they're not repeating exposition...
Posted By: allan1 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-01 6:49 PM
presactly.You can watch any of the movies by themselves and know what's going on in the movie but after seeing Iron Man 1 & 2 and Incredible Hulk and Thor,you get the whole picture that they've been painting for the build up to the Avengers movie.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-02 1:17 AM
HUKSMAS!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-02 9:02 AM
I wanted to see Cap but the fucking idiots only brought dubbed copies. I'm gonna have to wait for the DVDrip I guess.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-02 9:56 AM
There's a Telesync copy that looks good enough to be mistaken for a TVrip (aside from the desynced audio in the first few minutes).
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-03 11:22 PM
Wanna know why Tony Stark showed up to chat with Gen. Ross in The Incredible Hulk?

Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-03 11:25 PM
I don't get it.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-03 11:32 PM
Stop smoking so much pot.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-03 11:40 PM
http://marvel.com/news/story/16398/marvel_one-shots_expanding_the_cinematic_universe

It's part of a series of one-shots that are supposed to meld all the Marvel movie stuff together.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-04 12:36 AM
But, why would they want Gen Ross NOT to release Blonsky to them? Or did I misunderstand?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-04 12:41 AM
They didn't want Ross involved in the Avengers program.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-04 12:43 AM
They wanted Ross to refuse to release Blonsky to SHIELD so that he would stay out of the Avengers program? Yes, I'm kind of high right now. But, I'm still not getting the motivation. I must assume there's more to it all than just the brief conversation up there...
Posted By: thedoctor Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-04 12:54 AM
No Ross means the can go after Banner/Hulk.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-04 1:16 AM
Ah. That's what I originally thought when I saw the bit after HULK. So, they wanted Ross to give up on the Hulk so that they could secretly recruit him. Got it.

I think...
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-16 9:13 PM
They're in Cleveland right now blowing shit up. Its the perfect place to film a city that's gone to hell and I think we should be paying them to demolish these buildings. Apparently Chris Evans is walking around in full Cap garb too.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-17 1:48 AM
Did you wank off to him?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-17 2:34 AM
Posted By: rex Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-20 1:27 AM

A new trailer will be shown tomorrow at some Disney expo. I don't know if it will be officially released or not but there will be plenty of phone cam versions.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: new Avengers trailer! - 2011-08-20 4:20 AM
they're fighting the putty patrol from the power rangers?
Posted By: Stupid Doog The Adventurs of Chris and Chris - 2011-08-22 6:41 PM
More of Cap and Thor beating up the Putty Patrol
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Adventurs of Chris and Chris - 2011-08-22 7:24 PM
Lothar loves pictures of Cap and Thor beating off their putties.
YOU FUCKING LIAR! I ALREADY SAID I DON'T LIKE CAP!!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Adventurs of Chris and Chris - 2011-08-23 1:37 AM
Lothars really taking this random board crashing thing pretty hard
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Adventurs of Chris and Chris - 2011-08-23 1:57 AM
IN THE ASS
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Adventurs of Chris and Chris - 2011-08-27 7:23 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-08-27 7:30 PM
Why do they keep using drawn-characters, versus real-life press shots? Can they not get them all together for a poster? Or you think they're just waiting until near the film?
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2011-08-27 8:57 PM
I think they are waiting in part because (a) Cap and Thor just came out; and (b) the CGI Hulk isn't done yet.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-08-27 9:06 PM
Yeah, I guess we still have a YEAR to wait...
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2011-08-27 9:09 PM
Yeah, too much too early and people get bored. And, if anything, its a bigger potential issue with a movie like this where we already have pics of everyone but Hulk in costume from their own films and/or the IM series.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2011-09-02 10:19 PM
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-09-02 10:30 PM
Black Widows ass looks good!
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-07 3:59 AM
First official trailer hits the internet on Tuesday.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-07 6:13 AM
hopefully they have more black widow ass!
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-11 5:05 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Watch for the exploding fart.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-11 5:31 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-11 8:29 PM
FUCK. YES. That is AWESOME! I'm rock-hard!
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-11 9:07 PM
robert downey junior > iron man > avengers
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-11 9:17 PM
\:damn\:
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 2:17 AM
yes
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 4:01 AM
I didn't see Batman. Was Batman in that trailer? I don't want to see it if Batman's not in it.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 4:11 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
I didn't see Penis. Was Penis in that trailer? I don't want to see it if Penis is not in it. I am gay.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 4:12 AM
Lothar you penis obsession in tearing the board apart.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 4:17 AM
Lothar you penis would tear this board apart.

That it would.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 4:23 AM
it is because it's shaped like a crowbar?
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-12 6:02 AM
Are you trying to cyber sex me?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-13 4:22 PM
Finally saw Captain America last night and stayed after the credits to see that "kick ass avengers preview" I was told to wait for. It was shit. From now on I'm youtubing all after credit scenes.
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-14 2:49 AM
RDJ's gonna steal this whole thing.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-14 2:55 AM

Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-14 3:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob

yar!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-21 5:55 PM
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-21 7:29 PM
i've mightygeeked it. you're shit.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-10-22 1:05 AM
You Kamphausened--....no...you GEEKED my post! Geeked? Geeked. Hmm. Could do better...hmmm....
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 12:37 AM

The German trailer has a couple extra shots. Nothing too big but its stuff that hasn't been seen before.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 12:39 AM
are you guys excited for this in concept, or excited based on the trailer?
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:00 AM
Its the fucking Avengers. I've enjoyed or loved every Marvel studio movie so far. Joss Whedon is directing it. Its got fucking Iron Man and Captain America in it.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:12 AM
so is that... "both"?

i'm clearly biased or something, in favor of batman and whites and something. i just don't feel excited about the movie. RDJ is much awesome, and iron man is a close second (yes). then i guess... i like captain america?

mostly, i'm excited for the basic premise; many super heroes in one place. especially in this fashion, where each had their own film, and now they're together as one (the reverse might have it's own pros and cons, but this just seems more fun).

but the teaser and trailer and posters haven't gotten me excited for the actual film; just the event.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:38 AM
I loved the two Iron Man films, and Thor.

I hated that almost everything in Captain America had a ton of cgi. The movie itself was just ok for me.

I looked forward to seeing the two Iron Mans.

Avengers for some reason I just don't give a shit.

It's just like a meh feeling to me.

Whedon is shit.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:40 AM
Sorry, I mean Joss Whedon's a powerful weak hack y'all.

Blech.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:41 AM
He did the Dukes of Hazard in space.

What a genius!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:43 AM
I remember the guy on the old DC boards who said Whedon stole Buffy the Vampire Slayer from him.

If it was on the old DC boards it is a FACT.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 2:48 AM
I guess I'm the only one here with good taste.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 3:16 AM
I guess I'm the only one here with good taste.

You taste cock.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 3:54 AM
That was clever.
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 4:11 AM

No.

Just give me the Iron Man films and leave it at that.

I really, REALLY do not care for this--especially since Iron Man 3 is being delayed specifically for its production.

And...Please...Whedon? Motherfuck, that is sure fire way of losing my patronage at the movie theater.

In fact, I'm more likely to take valuable time out of my schedule and pay a shit ton of money to campaign against a Whedon film.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 5:30 AM
I'm part geeking out, part apathetic for the concept AND movie. Its Ultimate Comics merged with regular Marvel. Captain America, Iron Man (1), and Incredible Hulk were fantastic movies, where I felt Thor was "eh" and Iron Man 2 was a pile of ass. But it had Scarlet Johansson in it so wasn't a total fail. I don't give a fuck about Mark Ruffalo and I'm sure he's going to ruin the Hulk because he's not Edward Norton. That man owned the role and saved the franchise from the poopy skidmark that Ang Lee directed.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 5:41 AM
I hear Faverau isn't directing Iron Man 3.

Which sucks.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 5:43 AM
Jon Favreau isn't directing Iron Man 3. He choose do to some magical kingdom Disney movie instead.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 6:22 AM
I hope this doesn't become the Superman 3 of the Iron Man series.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 8:05 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

No.

Just give me the Iron Man films and leave it at that.

I really, REALLY do not care for this--especially since Iron Man 3 is being delayed specifically for its production.

And...Please...Whedon? Motherfuck, that is sure fire way of losing my patronage at the movie theater.

In fact, I'm more likely to take valuable time out of my schedule and pay a shit ton of money to campaign against a Whedon film.

welp... now that pariah's weighed in so emphatically on it, I guess I'll be there opening night...
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 9:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
mostly, i'm excited for the basic premise; many super heroes in one place. especially in this fashion, where each had their own film, and now they're together as one (the reverse might have it's own pros and cons, but this just seems more fun). but the teaser and trailer and posters haven't gotten me excited for the actual film; just the event.

Whedon is shit.

yar, i'm here (but UJ said it, so its not through bat-blinders)

not necessarily towards whedon - i honestly don't know what he's done and how much i hated it. just judging specifically on this film. just a few months shy of it's release, is the plot still publically defined as "seriously, it's like 10 heroes, who cares about the story"?

Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 10:02 PM
mostly, i'm excited for the basic premise; many super heroes in one place. especially in this fashion, where each had their own film, and now they're together as one (the reverse might have it's own pros and cons, but this just seems more fun). but the teaser and trailer and posters haven't gotten me excited for the actual film; just the event.

Whedon is shit.

yar, i'm here (but UJ said it, so its not through bat-blinders)

not necessarily towards whedon - i honestly don't know what he's done and how much i hated it. just judging specifically on this film. just a few months shy of it's release, is the plot still publically defined as "seriously, it's like 10 heroes, who cares about the story"?

They have been purposely keeping the plot under wraps in order to keep most of the villains that will be featured a surprise.

All that's really known is Loki and the Cosmic Cube are involved somehow.

As far as the movie goes, it's a superhero flick. It doesn't have to be masterpiece theatre, just something I can enjoy watching while eating popcorn.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-27 10:59 PM
When they were filming here the news said they were fighting aliens, so I thought "Skrulls". Then I remembered I'm a geek and reporters are retarded. Its probably frost giants and other norse shit.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 1:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
They have been purposely keeping the plot under wraps in order to keep most of the villains that will be featured a surprise.

meh. its a movie! i want to know why i'm seeing it! i also have that fear about movie commercials that don't inform what the movie is about - typically, that's done to hide the fact that there is no movie.

As far as the movie goes, it's a superhero flick. It doesn't have to be masterpiece theatre, just something I can enjoy watching while eating popcorn.

im with ya. i dont need every movie to be dark knight, superhero opera. but iron man was fun. captain america was noble. thor was epoch. ...well, at least in premise.

avengers? i have no idea. its a neato collection of heroes, and yes, that's enough for me to see it. but i haven't seen anything to get excited about, other than the same premise that sounded exciting when the idea floated 20 years ago, and my concern is those fears have merit.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 1:26 AM
i need every movie to be dark knight
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:42 AM
yes, yes, very good. you like socks.

like i said, i'm not expecting every movie to be that entrenched. iron man and many of the x-films were awesome and fun for different reasons. the expendables and oceans eleven had a great premise and plot besides just "lets add every one!"

i'll still see the movie, i'm not prometheus. but, even the people who are excited for the movie haven't really named a reason why they're excited other than "lotsa heroes at once"
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:47 AM
i'll still see the movie, i'm not prometheus.

Sorry to hear. Good luck with that.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:47 AM
P.S. Fuck you.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:48 AM
Green Lantern was AWESOME!!

Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:48 AM
there's a catwoman thread in here somewhere
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:49 AM
Goddammit.....SPIDER-BUGGY!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 2:50 AM
because there's nothing to actually discuss about the avengers...

did you end up ever seeing green lantern? i don't recall
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 3:09 AM
Actually, I did see it. I downloaded a cam version, but ended up DLing a better Region-5 rip of the DVD.

Honesty? Some of it was pretty. I liked Sinestro.

That's it.

I tried, Robert. I actually, sincerely tried. Do you think I want a trainwreck of a movie? No, of course not. I wanted GREEN LANTERN. But, what I got was a lame, half-assed, CGI-glutted, horrible-cast, horribly-acted, cliche-riddled marketing strategy vs. Iron Man. And that's all that piece of shit "movie" turned out to be. And if you don't believe me, there's a looooot of people in the world who share the same opinion (one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out). Doesn't mean you can't like it. If you did, cool. If you didn't, cool.

As for The Avengers, I am excited about the "get them all together" bit more than anything. Because, that's ALL The Avengers actually is. There's no meat to the concept. Just Marvel's Big Guns, more or less, joining forces. I've always wanted to see this on the Big Screen, but with the JLA. I'll accept The Avengers got there first.

But, what really excites me isn't the movie itself, but the fact that they're taking those first steps into Comic Book Team Movie territory. That will spawn some awful imitators. But, it will also give us some few-and-far-between good ones that they could possibly make. And if Avengers makes bank (and you know it will) then get ready for the sequels with additional new Avengers characters.

And I'm telling you right now: Matt LeBlanc (FRIENDS) as Wonder Man. Done.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 3:12 AM
But, the choice of Joss Whedon worries me. He's the cheaper alternative to a real director. Just like they won't pay Favereau to come back for Iron Man 3. Which means...as the laws of movies demand...their movie will get weaker and weaker until they flop. And then it's up to Disney whether they can get their shit together.

BTW, am I wrong in thinking the original Iron Man movie was made pre-Disney owning Marvel? It would explain a LOOOT about Iron Man 2 (Corporate Marketing)...
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 4:07 AM
And if you don't believe me, there's a looooot of people in the world who share the same opinion

what's to believe about an opinion? have it, i'll believe you. and why would it matter what others share? its your opinion!!

(one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out).

and, even though you later confirmed your guesses, the "before the movie came out" notion is still bullshit.

I tried, Robert. I actually, sincerely tried. Do you think I want a trainwreck of a movie? No, of course not. I wanted GREEN LANTERN. But, what I got was a lame, half-assed, CGI-glutted, horrible-cast, horribly-acted, cliche-riddled marketing strategy vs. Iron Man. And that's all that piece of shit "movie" turned out to be.

i actually agree more than i disagree. i thought it was corny. surprisingly, not related at all to ryan reynolds. i didn't think it was as terrible as many doom-sayers, it had its enjoyable moments. but they weren't many.

As for The Avengers, I am excited about the "get them all together" bit more than anything. Because, that's ALL The Avengers actually is. There's no meat to the concept. Just Marvel's Big Guns, more or less, joining forces. I've always wanted to see this on the Big Screen, but with the JLA. I'll accept The Avengers got there first.

meh, i guess its just not enough for me.

its like all the shitty incarnations of the justice league comic book. just because there's a batman and a superman doesn't make it insta-awesome. so much is poo. my fear with this movie not revealing any details is that they're masking a giant poo - a strategy so often seen with other movies.

i will still see it. i will still geek out at it. but the sweeded trailer you posted sorta joked about it in the most succinct way; that this is essentially iron man 3, because RDJ is awesome. thats the only other part i'm looking forward to.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 4:50 AM

meh. its a movie! i want to know why i'm seeing it! i also have that fear about movie commercials that don't inform what the movie is about - typically, that's done to hide the fact that there is no movie.

I don't know sometimes they really do use it to hide a clever twist like the first Matrix, or T2.

remember the early trailers for T2 never implied who was good or bad.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 5:34 AM
(one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out).

and, even though you later confirmed your guesses, the "before the movie came out" notion is still bullshit.

Which completely ignores the fact that I was 100% correct about it. Do you hate economic forecasters or meteorologists because of their professions? Everything has patterns, and everything has signs, if you just pay attention. Even movies and marketing. Fact.

Originally Posted By: rob
i actually agree more than i disagree. i thought it was corny. surprisingly, not related at all to ryan reynolds. i didn't think it was as terrible as many doom-sayers, it had its enjoyable moments. but they weren't many.

Although Reynolds does, I confess, bore the hell out of me as an actor, he wasn't necessarily the only reason it sucked. He was just the shit-cherry on top of a shit sandwich. Green Lantern is to me what I suspect Clooney's B&R is to you.

meh, i guess its just not enough for me.

its like all the shitty incarnations of the justice league comic book. just because there's a batman and a superman doesn't make it insta-awesome. so much is poo. my fear with this movie not revealing any details is that they're masking a giant poo - a strategy so often seen with other movies.

Totally fair enough. I mean, you could be completely correct and Avengers will hit the ground like a water balloon, content-wise. It will still make money, though. I cannot see why it wouldn't. Unless the upcoming marketing kills it, for some reason. Or people awake from the Joss Whedon trance.

Quote:
i will still see it. i will still geek out at it. but the sweeded trailer you posted sorta joked about it in the most succinct way; that this is essentially iron man 3, because RDJ is awesome. thats the only other part i'm looking forward to.

I agree RDJ will be the best talent in the room at any given time (although I like the guy that plays Loki, as well). But, I really, REALLY loved CAPTAIN AMERICA. THOR was a McG-commercial compared to CAPTAIN AMERICA's heart. So, I will be looking forward to seeing if Evans can continue his winning streak as Cap. Especially if they play up the Steve/Tony relationship, as they should.

We'll see. "Yoda-8-Ball says: Cloudy, the future is"
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 5:35 AM

I don't know sometimes they really do use it to hide a clever twist like the first Matrix, or T2.

Although I agree with Rob this could very easily be a crap-curtain, I remember what you're talking about. Just remains to be seen whether this is 'The Matrix' or 'The Matrix Reloaded'.... ;\)
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 6:13 AM

Although I agree with Rob this could very easily be a crap-curtain, I remember what you're talking about. Just remains to be seen whether this is 'The Matrix' or 'The Matrix Reloaded'.... ;\)

Also I referenced two movies. Can anyone think of a third or fourth?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-28 6:21 AM
Secretive productions/trailers? Fight Club?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 2:39 AM
BTW, am I wrong in thinking the original Iron Man movie was made pre-Disney owning Marvel? It would explain a LOOOT about Iron Man 2 (Corporate Marketing)...

They were both pre-Disney. Marvel began the shared movie-verse concept after IM went super-duper platinum at the box office. That explains IM2.
Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 4:06 AM

Also I referenced two movies. Can anyone think of a third or fourth?
Abrams Star Trek would be a third (everyone knew going in it was a reboot but not that it was going to be the universe altering epic it turned out to be)

Oh, and I guess the hook for me besides seeing all of these characters coming together and kicking ass (now that I think about it) is the inclusion of the Cosmic Cube (there are so many ways they could go with the effects of the Cosmic Cube since it can be used to do anything in the Marvel Universe)

I hope that whatever they do with the Cosmic Cube, that it's good.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 9:57 AM
I get worried about Iron Man 3 sometimes, but then I remember thinking "Why is the guy who directed ELF doing Iron Man?" and shut up.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 5:43 PM
SWINGERS!
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 7:09 PM
He was also this

Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 8:28 PM
Which completely ignores the fact that I was 100% correct about it.

so, congrats, you're a good guesser...? though it didn't turn out that way, you could have been 100% incorrect, which is why i find yours to be a pariahish system. i'd just rather review something to review something.

Although Reynolds does, I confess, bore the hell out of me as an actor, he wasn't necessarily the only reason it sucked. He was just the shit-cherry on top of a shit sandwich. Green Lantern is to me what I suspect Clooney's B&R is to you.

i found green lantern to be more of a boring movie, than a bad movie. it actually had a lot of the right elements, it was just much "meh". i didn't think it was comically bad, just disappointing. B&R, to me, was a bad movie. but that was coming from the perspective of a late teens, early 20s batman fan. if i were 7, i might have really enjoyed it. shockingly enough, it was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
I get worried about Iron Man 3 sometimes, but then I remember thinking "Why is the guy who directed ELF doing Iron Man?" and shut up.

the fat friend from rudy!

as a director? i loved what he did with iron man and iron man 2. as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 9:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jealous Rob - 0
though it didn't turn out that way, you could have been 100% incorrect, which is why i find yours to be a pariahish system.

Originally Posted By: Prometheus - 1+brillion
Do you hate economic forecasters or meteorologists because of their professions? Everything has patterns, and everything has signs, if you just pay attention. Even movies and marketing.

In all fairness, if you look back, I did briefly miscall Captain America's use of Chris Evans due to the burn of GL. It was the rubber-feet discussion. But, after that, I started paying attention and realized I was incorrect about that one.

shockingly enough, it [B&R] was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

First of all, WTF??!?!?!? Who the hell is crazy enough to think of 'Batman & Robin' in any other terms than "WTF??!?!?!?" What kind of people do you hang out with? Fucking New York...

Second............ouch. 15 years dates me. In the ass. \:\(

[RE:Jon Favreau] as a director? i loved what he did with iron man and iron man 2.

Yes.

Quote:
as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.

SWINGERS!!!

But, yeah, the IM2 'Happy' fight was a little obnoxious.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 9:40 PM
At least he spent the whole fight on one guy while scarlet johanssons boobs took care of everyone else
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-29 10:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Marvel began the shared movie-verse concept after IM went super-duper platinum at the box office.

wrong. the shared movie verse concept was part of IM from the get go as it was the first movie produced by Marvel themselves.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 12:08 AM
Marketing Happens!
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 1:40 AM
shockingly enough, it [B&R] was "the" favorite for many fans now in their mid twenties (can you believe it was 15 years ago??)

Who the hell is crazy enough to think of 'Batman & Robin' in any other terms than "WTF??!?!?!?" What kind of people do you hang out with? Fucking New York...

think about it; what we know to be a shitstorm made 100 million in the states, and 250 mil world wide. just in theaters. and that's 15 years ago numbers, so you havta tack on an extra 25% or something. someone loved it.

and, i guess if you were 7 then and enjoyed it, you remember it differently, and dare i say fondly. and, now, its part of your batman experience. it can't be that different from the clash of eras that grew up with adam west batman versus those with tim burton.

as an actor, he's obnoxious shit, and definitively one of the least enjoyable parts of iron man 2. stop putting yourself into movies, thanks.
SWINGERS!!!

But, yeah, the IM2 'Happy' fight was a little obnoxious.

he was a useless, wasted character. he gave himself a scene and made himself look good for... really that sole purpose. his fight scene was longer than iron man vs war machine .
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 2:40 AM
I remember liking Uma Thurman in her Poison Ivy outfit a lot....the rest of the movie was shite.

Green Lantern RAWKED!!!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 3:39 AM
I remember liking Uma Thurman's vagina a lot.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 3:40 AM
It was the closest I was able to get to Ethan Hawke's penis.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 3:55 AM
I liked her boobies in Dangerous Liaisons.
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 4:07 AM
think about it; what we know to be a shitstorm made 100 million in the states, and 250 mil world wide. just in theaters. and that's 15 years ago numbers, so you havta tack on an extra 25% or something. someone loved it.

and, i guess if you were 7 then and enjoyed it, you remember it differently, and dare i say fondly. and, now, its part of your batman experience. it can't be that different from the clash of eras that grew up with adam west batman versus those with tim burton.

Have you seen how the kids these days turned out? They aren't alright. Maybe, Bat-nipples are to blame for their whiny, emo cuntiness.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 4:10 AM
Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 4:15 AM
I guess that explains Justin Bieber.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 4:47 AM
I always knew the world was fucked when I saw Bat-nipples for the first time.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-30 5:47 AM

Pro said
 Quote:
realized I was incorrect

What have you done with the real Pro?
Posted By: Grimm Re: The Avengers - 2011-12-31 6:43 AM
Marketing Happens!

it was there from the start.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-01-05 2:37 AM
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-01 1:51 AM
Teaser for the superbowl commercial

Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-01 10:03 PM

Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-02 1:14 AM
Teaser for the superbowl commercial

A trailer for a trailer!
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-02 8:14 PM
Picture of an artist painting a picture.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-02 9:40 PM
\:whoa\:
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-03 1:04 AM
PLANET OF THE APES!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-03 1:09 AM
Well shit. There goes the neighborhood.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 3:59 AM
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 3:59 AM
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 6:49 AM
I have an army
we have a hulk
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 7:08 PM
Stoked!!!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 7:31 PM
It's going to be a doozy.
Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-06 11:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
I have an army
we have a hulk

RDJ = Win
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-22 9:35 PM
This movie has been seen by reviewers, they are all on the positive side.

New trailer next week.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 4:59 AM
New poster for America:

New poster for countries that can't tell the difference between this and a completely different Avengers:

Posted By: McKeever Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 4:10 PM
To be fair, Iron Man and Thor could easily be mistaken for John Steed and Emma Peel. ;\)
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 7:48 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Second trailer is up.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 8:08 PM
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 9:13 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 9:43 PM

Erection.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-02-29 9:54 PM
Some things:

1) I wonder if Black Widow is going to turn traitor like she did in Ultimates?

2) Looks like Tony lays some smackdown on Thor. I guess I don't mind that, since the movie Thor is nowhere near as powerful as the Marvel Comics version. The movie one is more Ultimates-level, than anything. I like what looks to be a backlash from Thor striking the shield. THAT looks awesome.

3) Oof. Not impressed with the Banner lines I'm hearing from Ruffalo. He sounds kind of....thuggish. Especially the nonsense "timebomb" line (wtf does that even mean?) Guess I'll have to hear it in context.

4) Poor fucking Hawkeye hasn't even gotten a damn line yet. I wonder if he'll die in this one (ala' the Bendis storyline)?

Either way, total erection. I'm ready for some popcorn-fucking-explosions and shit! Get some!
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 3:18 AM

3) Oof. Not impressed with the Banner lines I'm hearing from Ruffalo. He sounds kind of....thuggish. Especially the nonsense "timebomb" line (wtf does that even mean?) Guess I'll have to hear it in context.

seems to me that he's worried about the team just blowing up on eachother...which seems like a valid concern given that we see shots of thor/stark/cap attacking eachother.

Either way, total erection. I'm ready for some popcorn-fucking-explosions and shit! Get some!

I'm stoked!
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 4:59 AM
corporate.

...oh wait, i like this one... it's great!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 5:04 AM

certainly a more "epic" tone than the first trailer, which had a more "fun" vibe to it. black widow and ...legolas are insultingly useless. fury at least serves a purpose.

the iron man suit looks bad ass, and much better than the first two iron man (men?) films. cap looks silly - his costume seems too "comic book" in comparison to the treatment each of the others got. however, it was pretty cool to see the "thor vs. cap" segments.

i thought one of the coolest bits was hulk scraping the side of a building off to save a falling iron man. and i like that a villain / robot snake ...thing was featured!

and, still... RDJ > avengers.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 5:45 AM
The Hulk catching Iron Man was the best part of this trailer and the Hulk looks better than in his other movies.

RDJ will end up making this movie. I can't wait to see this shit in a real IMAX theater.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 5:51 AM
Marvel got the rights to Blade and The Punisher back.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 7:29 AM
They've had the Punisher for some time, haven't they. War Zone was a Marvel production, and it was fucking awesome.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 7:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Rob-Burg
corporate.

Way to stay in character, "rob"...
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-01 8:02 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
They've had the Punisher for some time, haven't they. War Zone was a Marvel production, and it was fucking awesome.

Lionsgate held the rights for that movie. I still haven't seen it, same with the Blade movies.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-03 10:52 AM
http://collider.com/the-avengers-movie-images-hulk-loki/148965/

40 images from the trailer that are perfect for background images.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-05 5:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Rob-Burg
corporate.

Way to stay in character, "rob"...

your response was also corporate, "corporate"
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-05 7:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden

Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-15 9:01 AM
http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20120315076798/

Japanese trailer. The Shield Helicarrier is in this one.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-15 9:08 AM
Just when I thought I couldn't get more excited for this movie.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-03-15 10:08 AM
Just when I thought allan1 couldn't get more excited for this movie.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-04 7:08 PM
We're at the point where they releasing clips from the movie:

I think I saw that same exact fight on Alias.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-09 5:51 PM
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-10 5:08 AM
best trailer yet, by far
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-10 5:34 AM
There's a couple commercials on right now. All of them are good.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-10 6:33 AM
I love that shit-eating grin from the Hulk after Cap tells him "Hulk....smash."
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-11 7:59 PM
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-12 10:21 AM
The first viewing was tonight. All the nerds that were invited are going crazy over it. They all say the last third has more action than all the other Marvel studios movies together.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 5:54 AM
Two teasers during the credits. One halfway through and one that wasn't shown at the premiers.

Warning, Spoiler:
Thanos was in the one shown.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 7:14 AM
Was he nude?
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 7:22 AM
yes
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 5:47 PM
You don't even want to know what he was doing with the Infinity Gauntlet!
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 6:27 PM
rex dreams of the Infinity Sock.
Posted By: rex Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-13 7:19 PM
the g-man dreams of being funny.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-25 5:06 PM
Quick, before it's pulled! Thanos end credit scene.

Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-25 6:26 PM
jeff glacier RAWK!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-25 7:41 PM
damn that was quick
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-25 8:25 PM
yup, thankfully this is the Internet and once something is out there it is out there forever-

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=24627&count=0
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-27 8:39 AM
It was pretty awesome.

Wait, there was another post-credits scene? Shit.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-27 9:21 AM
It's a Marvel movie.There's always a post-credits scene.Wait,was there one in Incredible Hulk? I seem to think that Tony Stark showed up at the end before the credits rolled.Damn this feeble brain!!!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-27 2:24 PM
Yeah, I think he spoke to Ross.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-04-28 10:32 AM
According to this it's just the middle-of-the-credits scene, which I did see: http://aftercredits.com/2012/04/avengers-the-2012/

This was a better Hulk movie than both Hulk movies that exist, and I sorta liked those. I also didn't realize how much I wanted to see Hulk vs. Thor on film until now, but it turns out that the answer is "a lot".
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 10:09 PM
Bleeding Cool says they're adding a new post-credits scene to US prints. Sounds like a small gag, though.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 10:14 PM
I CANNOT WAIT. Plan to see it this Sunday, if possible.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 10:38 PM
Already got my ticket for the Friday showing.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 11:20 PM
I won't be surprised if they sell out before I get a ticket. But, I think I'm going to wait and see it Sunday. Never been one for opening nights and the crowd that goes with it. Cross is going to see it at the Midnight premiere. I'll be asleep, as old people do... ;\)
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 11:31 PM
Cross is not people. You more than anyone else should know this. The only reason I'm going Friday instead of a matinee is because a friend has already bought the tickets. I just got to show up and walk through the door.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 11:34 PM
Same with him. Ever since he kicked that bitch that was spending all his money to the curb, he's been dating these crazy comic book chicks with large boobs and midnight tickets to The Avengers and shit. Goddammit I hate him.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 11:37 PM
Motherfucking Kramer.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-02 11:38 PM
MOTHERFUCKING Kramer!!!!!!
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-04 10:08 AM
Just got back from the moovie and it was awesome!!! Everyone had their part an no one character dominated the movie. Robert Downey Jr. was fun as always as Stark.Chris Evans' Cap was the straight arrow and Hemmsorth's Thor was totally cool.Johannsen and Renner as Black Widow and Hawkeye were really good and better than expected.The show stealer though,was the Hulk IMHO.Gonna see this again Monday.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-04 7:18 PM
Saw it @ midnight, as well. Yeah, Ruffalo's Hulk DEFINITELY exceeded expectations. Then again, after so many iterations you tend to expect little...
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-04 7:51 PM
I'm watching it tomorrow. Norton's Hulk was so awesome that I'm pretty much going to judge Ruffallo's character with prejudice.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 6:08 AM
Fucking awesome. Not much of a Wheadon fan, but he delivers on this one. Also, Ruffalo brings to Banner what Norton and Bana never were able to really give him: that outsider discomfort.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 8:32 AM
This movie was awesome. That is all.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 8:33 AM
and the two post credit scenes were awesome...that is also all.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 10:08 AM
KNUT!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 10:09 AM
YOU'RE BACK!
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 10:24 AM
YOU'RE BLACK!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-05 10:35 AM
DAMNIT KNUT!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 4:13 AM
FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!! I loved the last after credit scene. Hilarious!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 5:18 AM
I have nothing bad to say about this movie at all. It delivered in every way. T'was awesome and I want to see it again!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 7:52 PM
I plan on seeing it at least 2 more times; once in. 3D and once more at the dollar theater.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 8:51 PM
3D didn't add anything to it to be honest. The only reason I saw it in 3D was because they didn't have any regular imax showings
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 9:38 PM
Box Office: 'Avengers' has top U.S. debut ever with $200.3 million
After breaking box-office records overseas, "The Avengers" has conquered America.

The superhero action flick featuring Marvel superheroes such as Iron Man, Thor and Captain America had the biggest opening weekend of all time in the U.S. and Canada this weekend — not adjusted for inflation — grossing a powerful $200.3 million, according to an estimate from distributor Walt Disney Studios.

Heading into the weekend, pre-release audience surveys indicated the 3-D film would have a massive domestic opening of at least $150 million, giving it one of the top five highest U.S. debuts ever. Instead, the movie soared beyond expectations, easily surpassing the $168.2 million 2011 debut of previous record-holder "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2." The picture also raked in more money in its first three days than strong performers such as "The Dark Knight," "The Hunger Games" and "Spider-Man 3," all of which collected over $150 million upon their debuts.
The movie appealed to a wide swath of moviegoers; half the audience was under the age of 25, and 60% of the crowd was male. About 52% of those who saw the movie opted to shell out a few extra bucks to watch it in 3-D.

The film also had a phenomenal weekend overseas, where it opened in many foreign countries roughly a week ago. Playing in 52 international markets, the movie collected $151.5 million this weekend, raising its total abroad to $441.5 million. That means that after just two weeks in release, "The Avengers" has already sold $641.8 million worth of tickets at the global box office.

In the U.S., "The Avengers" began its ascent to the top of the box-office charts in the early hours Friday, when the movie scored $18.7 million from post-midnight screenings. Over the course of the day, the movie raked in $80.5 million — giving it the second-biggest opening day of all time, behind only last year's eighth and final "Harry Potter."

As if the news weren't already positive enough for Marvel and parent company Disney, moviegoers loved the film, assigning it a perfect average grade of A+, according to market research firm CinemaScore. That score indicates that the movie will generate excellent word of mouth in the weeks to come, helping to propel the movie into the billion-dollar club at the worldwide box office — an elite group that only 11 films, led by James Cameron's "Avatar" and "Titanic," currently belong to.
Disney's decision to open the film overseas before it hit U.S. theaters helped to turn the movie's debut into a worldwide event. Indeed, many Hollywood studios are increasingly beginning to open movies abroad first in an effort to capitalize on international ticket sales, which often account for the majority of the overall gross on big-budget event films.

"We had 70% of the international business open a week ago, and coming out of that space with such strong grosses signaled that this was not just a fan movie — not just a guy movie — but a movie for everyone," said Dave Hollis, Disney's executive vice president of distribution. "The international openings definitely helped to create some of the fervor we're ultimately witnessing."

To help promote "The Avengers" internationally, Disney rolled out the red carpet at premieres in Rome, Beijing, London and Moscow. So far, "The Avengers" has performed best in locations such as the United Kingdom, Mexico and Australia. This weekend, the movie debuted with about $17 million in both China and Russia, where the film is expected to be especially popular because local moviegoers typically embrace special-effects-driven fare.

"The Avengers," which brings together an international peacekeeping agency of superheroes to help protect the world from disaster, has already grossed more worldwide than any of Marvel's previous pictures, including "Iron Man 2," which sold $623.9 million worth of tickets in 2010. The Joss Whedon-directed film, headlined by a slew of A-list stars including Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson, also earned the best critical reviews since 2008's "Iron Man," notching a 94% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Marvel and Disney spent roughly $220 million to produce “The Avengers.” That’s by far the biggest budget yet for the famously thrifty Marvel, whose most expensive project to date has been 2010’s “Iron Man 2,” which was made for about $170 million. “The Avengers” cost more to produce because it had a star-studded cast whose characters — one of them a digitally created green giant, another wearing a high-tech suit of armor — required a variety of special effects.

“The Avengers” is the first Marvel film that is being marketed and released by Disney, which in 2010 bought the rights to Marvel's remaining two movie projects in its six-picture distribution deal with Paramount Pictures. Paramount had only been earning a distribution fee on the Marvel titles, whereas Disney retains the majority of the films’ profits.

The success of "The Avengers" is critical to Marvel's parent Disney, which desperately needed some good news and a financial windfall following the studio's $200-million write-down on "John Carter" — one of the biggest losses of all time — and the ousting of movie chairman Rich Ross.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:18 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I had an erection the ENTIRE MOVIE!!

That was, simply, flawless. Way to go MARVEL. You did in fifteen years what DC's been trying to do since the 1970's. Well fucking done!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:18 PM
I Believe in Phil Coulson
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:22 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That was, simply, flawless. Way to go MARVEL. You did in fifteen years what DC's been trying to do since the 1970's. Well fucking done!

Viagra's a helluva drug.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:28 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Viagra's a helluva drug.

I believe if it lasts much longer, you're encouraged to consult your doctor immediately, Pro....

This is kinda tangent, but is anyone else getting tired of the onslaught of Disney previews proceeding every Marvel movie? I mean, I understand Marvel is Disney's bitch and all but seriously....
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:34 PM

I think we have the answer to that.
Coulson was pretty awesome, though.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: PCG342

Oh hey, I was WAAAY off on plot points. When I saw the clip in the trailer of Widow fighting Hawkeye, I made the incorrect assumption--based on her comic book history--that she would turn on them. And I took a guess with Hawkeye, but it was really a bit of a joke on my part about Whedon's Buffy-style writing. I honestly can't believe the movie plot distinctly proved me wrong on that part. Of course, we never saw Clint return her affections, so... ;\)

But, fuck Kevin Feige. He's still a fucking prick in every interview I've read with him.

Joss has won some favor with me, though. He might have finally learned to write.

Quote:

I think we have the answer to that.
Coulson was pretty awesome, though.

Agreed. It was his time to shine!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-06 11:57 PM
This is kinda tangent, but is anyone else getting tired of the onslaught of Disney previews proceeding every Marvel movie? I mean, I understand Marvel is Disney's bitch and all but seriously....

What I thought was crazy was how all-over-the-place they were with the previews. My theater was packed with families and kids. So, there was THE AMAZING EMO-KID. Then, we get BRAVE (Pixar). Nice and happy. Then we suddenly get FRANKENWEENIE by Tim Burton. Okay, slightly weird and disturbing. Then we get a comedy (I forget). Then we get the DARK KNIGHT RISES. Uhh...little heavy, but okay. Then we get fucking PROMETHEUS! I was like, WTF?? I'm surprised there weren't kids crying after that "screaming" trailer. Talk about throwing random shit against the screen. I can't believe we didn't get a 'red band' trailer for some Judd Aptow vehicle, while we're at it...
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 12:01 AM

What I thought was crazy was how all-over-the-place they were with the previews. My theater was packed with families and kids. So, there was THE AMAZING EMO-KID. Then, we get BRAVE (Pixar). Nice and happy. Then we suddenly get FRANKENWEENIE by Tim Burton. Okay, slightly weird and disturbing. Then we get a comedy (I forget). Then we get the DARK KNIGHT RISES. Uhh...little heavy, but okay. Then we get fucking PROMETHEUS! I was like, WTF?? I'm surprised there weren't kids crying after that "screaming" trailer. Talk about throwing random shit against the screen. I can't believe we didn't get a 'red band' trailer for some Judd Aptow vehicle, while we're at it...

Huh. The theater I went to showed DKR, Brave, Frankenweenie, and some stupid Disney feel-good movie that looks like a watered-down ripoff of the Mighty Ducks or some chickenshit bullshit. Except with lacrosse. And Native Americans. No Spider-Man or Prometheus.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:04 AM

Incorrect!

Incorrect!

Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
I don't give a fuck about Mark Ruffalo and I'm sure he's going to ruin the Hulk because he's not Edward Norton.

Incorrect!

As far as the movie goes, it's a superhero flick. It doesn't have to be masterpiece theater, just something I can enjoy watching while eating popcorn.

Correct!

Some things:

1) I wonder if Black Widow is going to turn traitor like she did in Ultimates?

Incorrect!

Quote:
3) Oof. Not impressed with the Banner lines I'm hearing from Ruffalo. He sounds kind of....thuggish.

Incorrect!

Quote:
4) Poor fucking Hawkeye hasn't even gotten a damn line yet. I wonder if he'll die in this one (ala' the Bendis storyline)?

Incorrect!

Quote:
I'm ready for some popcorn-fucking-explosions and shit! Get some!

Correct!
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:11 AM
Oh, I forgot; going back to the topic of the trailers, the "popcorn-fucking explosions" reminded me... they also managed to promote Battleshit repeatedly. They should just hold off on that until they finish the rumored Asteroids movie and release both as the "who-gives-a-fuck-double-feature."
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:15 AM
they also managed to promote Battleshit repeatedly. They should just hold off on that until they finish the rumored Asteroids movie and release both as the "who-gives-a-fuck-double-feature."

Holy crap!! THAT was the movie I listed as "comedy" when I couldn't remember it! \:lol\: It wasn't a comedy they previewed. It was fucking BATTLESHIP! \:lol\: That should tell you how I subconsciously see it...

LOL!! That's really making me giggle... \:lol\:
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:21 AM
\:lol\: I loved how they "thanked" the US Navy for giving the producers permission to further fuck over their credibility.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:24 AM
\:lol\: It's going to be the new ID4. I predict Apple virus to stop the aliens...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:56 AM
*SPOILERS*

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED how Thor just opened up the ship, punched Stark, took Loki, and left! \:lol\: \:lol\: THAT was so fucking cool I nearly shit myself, and it was in just the first ten minutes.

This fight was unexpected, and awesome. And, sure, they've tempered Thor's abilities/power-levels to a more believable scale in the movieverse. Otherwise, he would have split IM open in the first shot of Mjolinar. Either way, he totally handled that shit. I loved the scene where he starts crushing Tony's gauntlet.

Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 2:55 AM

Huh. The theater I went to showed DKR, Brave, Frankenweenie, and some stupid Disney feel-good movie that looks like a watered-down ripoff of the Mighty Ducks or some chickenshit bullshit. Except with lacrosse. And Native Americans. No Spider-Man or Prometheus.

At my theater the trailers were the Dark Knight Rises, Brave, the Spiderman remake, the Frankenweenie remake, the Independence Day remake (Battleship), the Zohan remake (the Dictator) and Prometheus.

I didn't see anything in the Prometheus trailer itself that would scare any kid old enough to be watching the Avengers in the first place.

As for the Avengers, it was great. The story did a good job of tying all the Marvel films together and set us up nicely for you know who and his Infinity Gauntlet in the next one.

Downey, Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Evans and Jackson were very good, but no surprises there. I gotta admit, however, that I hope there's an "unrated" outtake there of Nick Fury saying he is sick of these muthafuckin' Asgardians on this muthafuckin' helicarrier.

Scarlet and the guy from the Hurt Locker were a little weak. Scarlett is, of course, remarkably hot and looked good in the outfits they put her in but she still can't act and thinks making "the blue steel" face makes her look tough. It doesn't. Renner did a good job for how Hawkeye was written but I prefer a Clint Barton who is a little more of a swashbuckler wiseass.

The real surprise was Ruffalo's Hulk. This was the first time the character has completely worked in a movie. The Hulk scenes were probably the highlights of the movie, especially the one near the end with Loki.

Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man who is ignoring me and thus not responding or communicating with me
I didn't see anything in the Prometheus trailer itself that would scare any kid old enough to be watching the Avengers in the first place.

Yeah, blood and screaming. Nothing wrong with that.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:47 AM
He saw your post because PCG quoted you.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:50 AM
Hey look! It's Jake! Come to defend his alt-id, G-Man! \:lol\:
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:51 AM
As for the kids seeing the Prometheus trailer I think Avengers was PG-13. So some of the smaller kids shouldn't have been there.

Kids under 13 shouldn't be seeing trailers from movies about people whose heads look like testicles anyhow.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:52 AM
personal attack bleeding pussy

Leave it out of one thread in this Message Board, would you ape?
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:53 AM
Wow, Pro.

We are on at the same time a lot.

We must be the same person.

Let me feel my head.

Nope, I feel hair, and no tell tale testicle ridges.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:53 AM
DEEERRRR!!!!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:54 AM

Leave it out of one thread in this Message Board, would you ape?

No.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:54 AM
DEEERRRR!!!!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 5:55 AM
All you have is spam.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 6:00 AM
Anyhow, trailers have movies just like the films themselves do.

So in theory, the Prometheus trailer shouldn't have been anything that a 13 year old with their parent could handle.

Avengers itself being PG-13, which is a little higher than movies like this tend to be.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 6:01 AM
Actually all the Marvel films seem to be PG 13.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 6:01 AM
And my head doesn't look like a testicle.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 6:14 AM
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 7:10 AM
Saw this again with different friends. Still fan-fucking-tastic!!! That last half hour is just amazing non stop action! Well done, Whedon & company.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 7:39 AM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 8:33 AM
hey pro, can you and jake not make fuck in this thread please? thanks
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 8:56 AM
Actually all the Marvel films seem to be PG 13.

Except the "Blade" trilogy and 2/3rds of the "Punisher" movies....
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 10:56 AM
Yeah, what Knut sa--HOLY SHIT KNUT! YOU'RE BACK!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 11:15 AM
Is anyone else afraid of what DC might do now that this the most successful movie ever or something? I loved this movie but I really hope DC does something different, otherwise it's just gonna be a watered down version of this like (I hate to admit it) Green Lantern was just a watered down version of Iron Man.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 11:46 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 1:55 PM
Is anyone else afraid of what DC might do now that this the most successful movie ever or something? I loved this movie but I really hope DC does something different, otherwise it's just gonna be a watered down version of this like (I hate to admit it) Green Lantern was just a watered down version of Iron Man.

Right now DC seems busy turning Superman into a watered down version of Nolan Batman but after that I can see them dusting off that crappy George Miller JLA script or that even crapper Superman vs Batman one
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 2:22 PM
I was bummed by the trailers at the midnight show.They had Dark Knight and Spider-Man,but instead of the new trailers that were supposed to run.they ran older ones.Really,the only cool trailer was Promehteus.Totally stoked to see that one.Anyhow,I'm seeing Avengers again tonight so maybe better trailers will be up. I caught the 3D version Thursday as it was the same price as 2D for the midnight show and really,only a couple shots stood out and the scene where all the Skrulls were flying at you was the closest to actually a 3D standout,so 2D for me tonight.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 8:39 PM

Gladly. You'll notice I asked for the same...
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-07 10:30 PM

Go soak your head in gravy, baby.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 3:00 AM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 4:49 AM

Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 4:57 AM

K-nut,Just scroll past all this nonsense to the Avengers talk.

Surely I cannot stop the Avengers.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 4:59 AM

K-nut,Just scroll past all this nonsense to the Avengers talk.

Surely I cannot stop the Avengers.

They have a Hulk.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 6:00 AM

I'm sorry. You missed quoting his posts, as well. How am I to blame for his pussy-antics? I've already asked him to piss off.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 6:01 AM
As for The Avengers, wife & I went back today. Seeing it a second time, I've decided I want to make love to the film. It's fucking beautiful.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 6:30 AM
Dead on Pro.I just saw it again tonight and still awesome.Gonna see it again Wednesday.SoM already Brokeback Avengered me over it
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 6:34 AM
it was my sworn duty.
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 7:11 AM
I kinda wanna see it. But I just can't reconcile putting the time into it. Especially not if I'm supporting a Whedon film.

I think I'll just wait till the next Iron Man film.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 7:16 AM
Pariah, for once, I think you're genuinely missing out. They even address your whole "how the fuck are you going to put Black Widow in the middle of all this shit?" issue. In fact, it's a very driven point. You should see this movie. In the theater.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-08 8:17 AM
"That man is playing Galaga..."
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 3:40 AM
I kinda wanna see it. But I just can't reconcile putting the time into it. Especially not if I'm supporting a Whedon film.

I think I'll just wait till the next Iron Man film.

Bootleg that bitch. It was popcorn, but it was great popcorn.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 8:22 AM
"That man is playing Galaga..."

\:lol\: That scene depressed me....
Because I heard half the theater whisper "What's Galaga?"
Posted By: Pedro Oakley Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 9:31 AM
PCG fixed the boards!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 5:21 PM
He gave his internet life so that the boards may live.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 6:47 PM
This is the internet's bro...
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 6:50 PM
Heh.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 7:55 PM
i dry humped this movie in the back seat of a grand prix... I think Hulk may now become a serious cultural icon!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-10 11:21 PM
Oh, I think Avengers will go down in movie history as the single flick that took the virginity of soooo many comic nerds. From here on out, they will reference Avengers as their "first time". I feel sorry for their girlfriends/boyfriends in the years to come.

"HULK-OUT, dammit!"
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-11 12:26 AM
My two favorite Hulk "ROOOOAAARRRSSS!!!" in this movie are:

(1) when they down that first Serpent Ship, and all the Chitauri start that weird shrieking. Then, they cut to the "Team Circle" shot you see in all the trailers. That GROWL-ROAR he does in response to the aliens is soooo perfectly Hulk. The animal roaring back at the other animals.

(2) When Tony wakes up at the end. Not the roar that woke him up, but right after where Hulk roars in triumph! THAT roar was fucking CHILLBUMPS baby! THAT was the first time in my life I finally got to hear how I always wanted the Hulk to sound....deafening!

The wife's out of town this weekend, so I might end up going to see this thing for the 3rd time....
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-11 4:11 AM
Greg Clark (Agent Coulson) posted this on Twitter:

That totally makes Coulson "The Second Avenger"...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-11 4:14 AM
The barista at my local coffee shop and I have a running theory that Phil Coulson is one of the kids running playing Captain America at the end of Cap's flick, right before it jumps to modern times.

Another theory is that, maybe, Coulson is really an LMD (Life Model Decoy). Are there more than one of him? One to swing by Stark and Pepper's tower in NYC, another one to pick up Captain America?

And the third theory is that, like the cards, Fury lied to get the team together, and Coulson lived. This theory comes from the fact that the actor is supposedly signed for IRON MAN 3...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-11 5:51 AM
his first name is agent. \:lol\:
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-11 6:26 AM
My two favorite Hulk "ROOOOAAARRRSSS!!!" in this movie are:

(1) when they down that first Serpent Ship, and all the Chitauri start that weird shrieking. Then, they cut to the "Team Circle" shot you see in all the trailers. That GROWL-ROAR he does in response to the aliens is soooo perfectly Hulk. The animal roaring back at the other animals.

(2) When Tony wakes up at the end. Not the roar that woke him up, but right after where Hulk roars in triumph! THAT roar was fucking CHILLBUMPS baby! THAT was the first time in my life I finally got to hear how I always wanted the Hulk to sound....deafening!

The wife's out of town this weekend, so I might end up going to see this thing for the 3rd time....

Hollar!!
I caught my three-peat Avengers last night.I'm up for a fouth showing...possibly Sunday after I close the comic shop.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-12 8:46 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-13 12:22 AM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-13 12:22 AM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 12:57 AM
COULSON THEORY MAKING THE ROUNDS:

(1) The only cellist in Avengers lore is Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch. In Avengers, that's who we hear Coulson is/was dating.

(2) How many Coulson's are there already? Was it the same man who met up with Tony AND picked up Captain America in Avengers at, roughly, the same time? LMD's anyone?

(3) What did Fury say when Coulson died? "I lost my one good eye". Think about that one for a moment.

(4) Coulson is still signed for at least three more Marvel movies...

(5) We never saw him die. Just lose consciousness.

All of that adds up to the internet fanboy rumor that we are seeing the birth of the movie-verse Vision.

Fury lost his one good eye. He lost his "vision".

It's interesting, to say the least...
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 2:22 AM
Agent Vision
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 2:52 AM
HE'S DEAD, DAMMIT.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 2:53 AM
You have to face that and move on.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 6:23 AM
I'd agree, if bu for the fact we know he's signed for more Marvel movies. So, unless we have a trilogy of flashbacks......
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 6:24 AM
They'll use body doubles or androids or something.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 11:57 AM
Part of me doesn't want him to be alive, because I couldn't stand losing him again.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 10:19 PM
The actor retweeted this on his Twitter timeline, not confirming or denying a thing....

Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 10:20 PM
I'd prefer the John Byrne stark-white version, myself.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-14 10:20 PM
Cuz I'm a racist...
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-15 12:58 AM
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-15 1:09 AM
Chile has weird comics in Highlights.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-15 6:41 AM
The actor retweeted this on his Twitter timeline, not confirming or denying a thing....

Whoa....that could work. That's an uncanny resemblance to the comics version. Speaking of comics,I totally dug what Byrne did with the Vision both visually and as a character...but when Vizh got his Mirror Mirror's body with the classic colors but updated look,I thought that was sooooo cool-looking.Just some fanboy rambling there.
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 6:13 AM
Third week for Avengers at #1 with a $55 million take at the box office.Battleship debuted at half that total. Cumulative total worldwide for Avengers ia around $1.18 billion. Hollar!!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 6:21 AM
Didja hear me?
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 1:59 PM
I certainly did.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 6:03 PM
So you think there's a chance for a sequel?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 6:54 PM
"The truth is...Phil Coulson is dead. He died in 1955, shortly after helping to found SHIELD." - Nick Fury, Avengers 2
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 7:11 PM
TONY STARK: "Wait--what are you saying? I've been talking to a ghost this whole time?"

NICK FURY: "Sort of. It all begins with a man named Phineas Horton."

CAP: "Horton? I've heard of hi--"

STARK: "P.T. Horton. You're talking about Doctor P.T. Horton, the father of robotics."

BANNER: "Yeah...yeah, I remember reading about him. He pioneered some of the first works in biochemistry."

FURY: "He did a lot more than that, gentlemen. A lot more. There was an idea....to create an organization that would monitor beyond borders. Beyond cultures. Beyond governments. A strategic-clandestine thinktank of the world's greatest minds, as well as it's greatest heroes, intent on making sure no other 'Reich' would ever rise again. The best of the best from every military agency on the planet. You know this group as SHIELD."

STARK: "Yeah, Yeah, I've heard the enlistment speech before. You're saying that Horton was involved with SHIELD."

FURY: "With SHIELD. With your father."

STARK (rolling eyes) : "Yeah, I'd be more surprised if there's something my father wasn't involved in..."

FURY: "Your father was an impressive man, Mr. Stark. He changed the course of human history through his ideas alone. You're obvious living proof of that."

STARK: "What's your point?"

FURY: "Howard Stark was a founder of SHIELD. As was Dr. Phineas Horton. AND...the best damn patriot I've ever known. No offense, Captain."

CAP: "Coulson."

FURY: "Coulson."

BANNER: "I'm sorry...I'm not used to this whole cloak-and-dagger stuff. I'm not following...you're saying that Phil Coulson was not only alive in the 50's, but helped found SHIELD? The same guy that Loki killed?"

FURY: "The same man, yes. But, not the same guy."

CAP: (looking around the room) "Wow. I finally don't feel like I'm the most lost in the room at any moment."

STARK: "Oh I'm getting this. What Nick's dancing around. You did it, didn't you?"

FURY stares at him silently.

STARK: "You perfected Horton's research. Who was it? Pym? Richards? You figured out the puzzle to Horton's L.M.D."

FURY: "It was called 'The Torch Project'...."

Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 8:32 PM
Saw the movie again this weekend. Still want to make fuck to it. Good times.
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 8:33 PM
Oh, I also decided I want Power Man & Iron Fist and/or Dr. Strange in the next Iron Man film. That is all.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 10:36 PM
I would kill for an awesome Cage/Fist buddy-flick.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 10:46 PM

Your Tool obsession is tearing these boards apart!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 10:51 PM
THIS
IS
NECESSARY
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 10:55 PM
Let the rabbits wear glasses!!!
Posted By: iggy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-21 11:11 PM

My preferred climax of the film would be Cage/Fist and Strange battling Mandarin while Iron Man and War Machine have to take down Ultimo. Hijinks ensue. Buddy flick spins out of this.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 2:51 AM
Iron Fist will be played by Jackie Chan, while Cage will be played by Chris Tucker!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 2:55 AM
Chuck Norris can do both roles
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 6:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Oh, I also decided I want Power Man & Iron Fist ...

If there's a 'mainstream' superhero film that Quentin Tarantino was born to direct, it would be a 70s style "Power Man and Iron Fist."
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 6:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Oh, I also decided I want Power Man & Iron Fist ...

If there's a 'mainstream' superhero film that Quentin Tarantino was born to direct, it would be a 70s style "Power Man and Iron Fist."

But who will direct it first so that he can copy it?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 7:01 AM
And which innocent song from my parents youth will he use during the ass rape/murder scene?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 7:25 AM
 Quote:
the ass rape/murder scene?

Will the ass rape be between Cage and Fist? Because that's what black guys do to asians. Rape in the ass.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 2:38 PM
 Quote:

Will the ass rape be between Cage and Fist? Because that's what black guys do to asians. Rape in the ass.

That's a tough one. On one hand, 'Alias' established that Luke likes to put it up the pooper. On the other hand, his partner IS called 'Iron Fist'.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 2:47 PM
Cage is black, so his penis is probably as big as an asian dude's fist.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 5:42 PM
 Quote:

That's a tough one. On one hand, 'Alias' established that Luke likes to put it up the pooper. On the other hand, his partner IS called 'Iron Fist'.

Why do people seem to think this? The scene in question shows her iin the doggie position. I don't know what type of boring missionary sex you're stuck with, but I love fucking a girl in that position. It ain't just asshole back there, you know... ;\)
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 5:56 PM
once you go in the back, you never go back.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 7:12 PM
Doggie is best unless a girl is flexible enough to bend her legs over her head during missionary.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 8:39 PM
Is it that true doogie style requires a trained monkey and a bowl of custard?
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 8:42 PM
I prefer 2 bowls, but yeah.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-22 8:43 PM
Snarf is probably lurking, taking frantic notes.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-23 2:46 AM
he only writes 3/4th of the instructions
Posted By: allan1 Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-23 7:02 AM
That's because that's when he realizes....it'll never happen.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-23 4:44 PM
"I'M ALWAYS ANGRY!!" - Snarf, waiting but nothing happens. Ever.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-23 5:11 PM
Then he gets eated by Chitauri flying worm thing..
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-05-23 6:57 PM
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 5:25 AM
i see'd the avengers! and i liked it! so now i'll talk about it!

it was not, i repeat, NOT the make-fuck-happy perfection fest that i was promised. it was, however, really very fun. with "fun" being a very key word.

while i'm obviously nintendo-biased, batman begins and dark knight are definitively better movies. better acting, better pacing, better plot, yadda yadda. but i wouldn't call either one of them a "fun" movie, if that makes any sense. i'm not dying to rewatch the film immediately after the credits roll. i'm just smoke-a-cigarette and hit-the-lights satisfied.

i found avengers to be a different adventure, with a mediocre plot, some good acting and some bad acting, some pretty slow parts, but some pretty awesomely fast parts. and, most differently, i did feel i could watch it again and again right away. that factor made avengers much more of a "superhero" film to me than the batflicks, which are just entrenching dark operas. and, really, i wanted a superhero film!

the strong parts:

1) seeing super heroes fight. awesome. so very, very awesome. the closest prior to this was... what, the two robots fighting in iron man 2? which was poo. avengers had iron man vs. thor, thor vs. cap, thor vs. hulk (geez, thor is a dick), black widow vs. hawkeye, and [a teaser of] iron man vs. cap. that's a lot of pretty big moments crammed into 2.5 hours - none of which were the final scene. i remember seeing one the first mortal kombat movie in theaters and having the same "whoa!" type reaction; just thinking how cool it was to see all the non-stop, who-cares-about-story fights. this one point outweighs any of the badpoints, enhances all the other good points, and is worth the price of (re)admission.

2) the hulk. the best parts of the film. hulk3 character was great, the cg model never looked better, and finally giving the guy the "just go and fuck everything up" opportunity has been long over due. through in his dismissal of loki, reviving iron man, the iron man "save", and... well, pretty much total dominance of both heroes and villains in the movie.

3) RDJ. RDJ is better than iron man / tony stark. he's beyond well-suited for the role; he makes the character better than the character deserves to be.

4) sam jackson. honestly, i was expecting his nick fury to be mother fucking waaay over the mother fucking top. but i thought he played the character as cool and collected as he deserved.

the boo parts:

1) hawkeye. seriously, what the fuck. premise-wise, he's already the silliest character of the group. a super soldier, a robot-man, a monster, a god, a hot chick with big thingies and... an archer. you're a shit, get out of here. oh, but wait, lets pile on! in the first 20 seconds, you're defeated by the bad guy, made to turn on your whole team, and then beat up by a girl. congrats, you're a dick.

2) loki. i just don't find him intimidating. i can see accepting the role as just part of the cog, so's they could introduce and focus on the rest of the team - and to that extent, he filled the job. but otherwise... meh. even in comics, i hate when one character's villain is somehow powerful enough to take on 10 more characters. how come the guy who always defeats him can't do it this time? why is he dragging his baggage into everyone else's problems? why did loki spend half the time captured? why did he go to germany? why is he such a tool?

3) stan lee's cameo. i actually like the stan lee moments in marvel films, but i thought this one was lame. was i supposed to enjoy the irony of him saying all these things he created couldn't be heroes in new york...? cuz i didn't. this was his chance to mark out!

4) captain america. i think evans is decent in the role, but the character is just not good. its a pale version of millar's ultimates cap. there's no toughness or militant kick-your-assness about him. his suit is also a bit too super heroey when compared to the rest of the group, and the universe they've provided. and, for whatever reason (and this was true in the cap film, as well) all the special effects that have him jumping higher or running faster just seem not well done. like, somehow, it looks more realistic to have the thunder god fly to the top of the chrysler building than to have this soldier leap over two cars.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 6:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: BatRob

the boo parts:

1) hawkeye. seriously, what the fuck. premise-wise, he's already the silliest character of the group. a super soldier, a robot-man, a monster, a god, a hot chick with big thingies and... an archer. you're a shit, get out of here. oh, but wait, lets pile on! in the first 20 seconds, you're defeated by the bad guy, made to turn on your whole team, and then beat up by a girl. congrats, you're a dick.

Hawkeye got the short end of the plot. But, then, someone had to. And since Scarlett cost so much money to get, you've got to give her something to do. Thus, Hawkeye presented as a human SHIELD agent who just happens to be better using a bow than a gun. That last point is about as bothersome, for me, as a guy who instantly gains 4000lbs of green mass muscle. It's a comic book. I'll let him have the archery, if they just give him a better role in the script next movie.

And, yes, archers are always badasses. Fuck you.

Quote:
2) loki. i just don't find him intimidating. i can see accepting the role as just part of the cog, so's they could introduce and focus on the rest of the team - and to that extent, he filled the job. but otherwise... meh. even in comics, i hate when one character's villain is somehow powerful enough to take on 10 more characters. how come the guy who always defeats him can't do it this time? why is he dragging his baggage into everyone else's problems? why did loki spend half the time captured? why did he go to germany? why is he such a tool?

You're not human. I'm the straightest man you know and even I wanted to fuck Tom Hiddleston. But, as with Hawkeye, Loki didn't get a lot of meat to work with. And, a sympathetic character in THOR's solo movie works. A straight-up villain takes some of the depth of the character. But, I think he's easily as good as Michael Fassbender is as Magneto. So...fuck you.

Quote:
3) stan lee's cameo. i actually like the stan lee moments in marvel films, but i thought this one was lame. was i supposed to enjoy the irony of him saying all these things he created couldn't be heroes in new york...? cuz i didn't. this was his chance to mark out!

Man. That's a little nitpicky even for me. But, I mean, whatevs. The Lee got his cameo check and gets the blowjobs. It's his world. You just paid $12 to sit in it. Fuck you.

Quote:
4) captain america. i think evans is decent in the role, but the character is just not good. its a pale version of millar's ultimates cap. there's no toughness or militant kick-your-assness about him. his suit is also a bit too super heroey when compared to the rest of the group, and the universe they've provided. and, for whatever reason (and this was true in the cap film, as well) all the special effects that have him jumping higher or running faster just seem not well done. like, somehow, it looks more realistic to have the thunder god fly to the top of the chrysler building than to have this soldier leap over two cars.

I.....agree about the outfit. I'd have preferred to see the awesome WWII helmet outfit from his solo movie. That would have emphasized to me a man-out-of-time more visually than his sulking.

BUT...and I mean Sir Mix-a-Lot style....Chris Evan's character is spot-on as Steve Rogers. He's not supposed to be impressive. He's not supposed to be "flash" and "cool". He's not supposed to be the American-40's-primate that Millar parodies in ULTIMATES (which I personally always found insulting and completely missing the point of the character). He's Steve Rogers. The underdog that protects the weak. His ideology is that of the classic American Dream, versus the modern "Oohh Wolverine!" shit. Leave my other boyfriend alone. Fuck you.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 6:15 AM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 6:59 AM
Pro don't forget that Rob is gay.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 7:30 PM
i like how you saw all the negatives and ignored all the positives! you wear your shill fanboyism with pride (baited bouncing laughy face ...but only because you don't wear your shill fanboyism with pride)

Hawkeye got the short end of the plot. But, then, someone had to.

why? and, if there's a "must", why make it one of the heroes whom you're trying to sell action figures and happy meal toys of?

Hawkeye presented as a human SHIELD agent who just happens to be better using a bow than a gun. That last point is about as bothersome, for me, as a guy who instantly gains 4000lbs of green mass muscle.

this point, for me, is much worse in a world where a guy instantly gains 4000lbs of green mass muscle. the guy has a box of like 25 arrows. on his back. that he runs and does flips with. while fighting legions of mythological creatures. he was as helpful as any of the cops on the ground.

Loki didn't get a lot of meat to work with. And, a sympathetic character in THOR's solo movie works. A straight-up villain takes some of the depth of the character.

he was poo in avengers. which is the movie i saw.

I think he's easily as good as Michael Fassbender is as Magneto. So...fuck you.

there's only one movie-based magneto.

The Lee got his cameo check

yar. i just wanted him to have more.

Chris Evan's character is spot-on as Steve Rogers.

he's spot on as the steve rogers i hate. the milk-grin poster boy of 1950s TV. not the "holy fuck, i've never seen the 50s! i was too busy being frozen after killing mother fuckers in the face with my boot for months at a time" world war II veteran.

he is supposed to be impressive.

if his portrayal is supposed to be the other one, well then great job.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 8:13 PM
i like how you saw all the negatives and ignored all the positives! you wear your shill fanboyism with pride (baited bouncing laughy face ...but only because you don't wear your shill fanboyism with pride)

I try not to be seen agreeing with you. Messes with my image.

Quote:
Hawkeye got the short end of the plot. But, then, someone had to.

why? and, if there's a "must", why make it one of the heroes whom you're trying to sell action figures and happy meal toys of?

Cause Agent Hill and the guy playing Galaga (Clay Quartermain?) couldn't have had less screen time? I mean, you're talking a huge cast. They're not going to take the piss on Black Widow (as that's a WHOLE nother movie) because the actress cost so much. So, inevitably, it had to be the least "famous" actor present. Thus, Hawkeye. Trust me, I don't like it either. I'd much rather see multiple scenes of Hawkeye being a badass than Scarlett playing "pop-gun" motions with her pistols. Want to talk about pointless....at least we saw Hawk's arrows having an effect. For all I know, she was firing warning shots at the Chitauri.

Quote:
Hawkeye presented as a human SHIELD agent who just happens to be better using a bow than a gun. That last point is about as bothersome, for me, as a guy who instantly gains 4000lbs of green mass muscle.

this point, for me, is much worse in a world where a guy instantly gains 4000lbs of green mass muscle. the guy has a box of like 25 arrows. on his back. that he runs and does flips with. while fighting legions of mythological creatures. he was as helpful as any of the cops on the ground.

Well, yeah, I mean that scene where the cop sat on the roof calling out incoming targets and taking some of them out with explosive bullets was pretty awesome. And what about where that cop used that explosive bullet to knock Loki off his chariot so that Hulk could smash him? That part was soooo cool. So, yeah....you're right. Just as useful as the cops.

Quote:
Loki didn't get a lot of meat to work with. And, a sympathetic character in THOR's solo movie works. A straight-up villain takes some of the depth of the character.

he was poo in avengers. which is the movie i saw.

Your inability to properly gauge real acting is astounding. You should fight crime. And become a movie critic.

Quote:
I think he's easily as good as Michael Fassbender is as Magneto. So...fuck you.

there's only one movie-based magneto.

Yes, and that's who I'm talking about Michael Motherfucking Fassbender. Or, were you thinking about Gandolf? The guy that last appeared as Magneto six years ago? Still pining for Jack Nicholson to come back to Batman? Rob...

Quote:
The Lee got his cameo check

yar. i just wanted him to have more.

Fair enough. But, then they would have had to take away MORE screentime from Hawkeye, and Stan doesn't have an action figure to sell. Booyah.

Seriously, I like seeing Stan pop-up in these movies. But, I wonder if this shouldn't be the last time. I mean, what do we have so far?

SPIDER-MAN: Saves bystander from falling building.
SPIDER-Man2: ??? I can't remember him appearing.
FF: Mailman Willie Lumpkin
FF2: Himself trying to get into the wedding.
HULK: ??? I didn't see it, so I don't know if he appeared.
HULK2: Poisoned by Ed Norton's blood
IRON MAN: Hugh Hefner
IRON MAN 2: Larry King
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Random General
THOR: Redneck trying to pull the hammer
AVENGERS: Surly old man in park. Listed in credits as "Rob Kamphausen, age 70"

Quote:
Chris Evan's character is spot-on as Steve Rogers.

he's spot on as the steve rogers i hate. the milk-grin poster boy of 1950s TV. not the "holy fuck, i've never seen the 50s! i was too busy being frozen after killing mother fuckers in the face with my boot for months at a time" world war II veteran.

Meh. I'm not against an ass-kicking version. And I won't lie and say I don't wish he was slightly harder than he's appeared so far. But, yeah, they're doing THAT Steve Rogers. Not the Millar parody showing the British writer has no real understanding of that historical era, and is probably resentful we saved their asses. You know the genetic snobbery of the Brits.

Meanwhile, I'll take pure-hearted-from-the-40's Steve Rogers (a personality profile you don't seem to think existed before the 50's, oddly enough). Evans played him exactly as he was presented in his solo film. And that's probably why he was presented that way in the AVENGERS. When you have super-clever narcissistic Tony, bullheaded Thor, eccentric Bruce, and badass Hawkeye, you need a moral center. That's just good storytelling. I know that's not easy to digest on modern canvas, as everyone seems to think all characters must be flawed and fucked-up as the audience members. But, contrary to modern opinion, genuinely good people still exist. I don't see any problem having them represented on the screen. It ain't like we have an overabundance of "Aww shucks!" characters.

Really, be honest. This has to do with Cap reminding you more of Superman than Batman, right?

Quote:
he is supposed to be impressive.

And he was! He was the ultimate human, running headlong into battle with nothing but guts, brawn, brains, and a fucking indestructible shield. That is Captain America.

If the film had been called 'ULTIMATES' I'd agree 100% with you. But, it was The Avengers, and this was the less-cynical take on the team we know from history.

Your corporate enthusiasm for cynical darkness and violence only exposes your Republican Extremist roots, Herr KampHAUSEN!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-01 8:17 PM
Pro don't forget that Rob is gay.

No ever forgets that.

Ever.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-02 5:01 PM
Well, yeah, I mean that scene where the cop sat on the roof calling out incoming targets and taking some of them out with explosive bullets was pretty awesome. And what about where that cop used that explosive bullet to knock Loki off his chariot so that Hulk could smash him? That part was soooo cool. So, yeah....you're right. Just as useful as the cops.

heh. i can't believe you've devolved into this much of... i don't even know the best way to say it.... an internet.

fine, i'll acquiesce. your opinion is correcter than others. if you want to think that the bow and arrows guy was a majestic swooping angel of erection, even in the same movie that already treated the character one step above "guy in red shirt" or "the professor from good will hunting", that's fine.

Your inability to properly gauge real acting is astounding. You should fight crime. And become a movie critic.

i know, i know. the stinging shame of embarrassment will be all over me when loki steps forth at the oscars - even years after the film, he will continue to win the award from the performance of a life time as "serviceable bad guy in action film". (also, "serviceable" in this reference defers to you servicing him. because you are really gay and you love blowing dudes. especially actors in nearly generic roles.)

Yes, and that's who I'm talking about Michael Motherfucking Fassbender. Or, were you thinking about Gandolf?

gandolf is magneto. fassbender (what a wonderful time he must have had in school) was a guy that played young gandolf playing magneto.

I'll take pure-hearted-from-the-40's Steve Rogers (a personality profile you don't seem to think existed before the 50's, oddly enough). Evans played him exactly as he was presented in his solo film. And that's probably why he was presented that way in the AVENGERS. When you have super-clever narcissistic Tony, bullheaded Thor, eccentric Bruce, and badass Hawkeye, you need a moral center. That's just good storytelling. I know that's not easy to digest on modern canvas, as everyone seems to think all characters must be flawed and fucked-up as the audience members. But, contrary to modern opinion, genuinely good people still exist. I don't see any problem having them represented on the screen. It ain't like we have an overabundance of "Aww shucks!" characters.

that's the misinterpretation i hate from era pieces. like films that take place during rome's reign, when they show blank white, half-broken columns. or a sanitized 50s, where everyone is a neighbor in a giant sub-burb. grandpa metheus might be calmer and peaceful now and remember days backwhen that were noble, but in the actual time, he was smoking cigars, swearing, and punching polak's 70 years ago - just as much as grandma metheus was blowing folks. the ticker tape "we won" parade after WWII, where the sailor is kissing the chick in the famous pose, was looooousy with strippers and orgy fucking. it was like a direct path to clubs on 42nd street. it was not a "good job, son *handshake*" presentation, as its always portrayed.

rogers is not an 80 year old remembering back to the glory days. he's a 20-something year old (?) who just left it the day before. "it" being a never-ending, disgusting, fate-of-the-world combat, where he was killing mother fuckers by the handful. ...while his mother fuckers (in a different handful) were being killed in front of him.

that said, i wasn't looking for him to have deep flaws and night terror flashbacks or whatever - but i would have enjoyed a more general-like, no-nonsense, fuck you tone to the character. his brief "get the suit" clash in the film with tony stark might have been the closest to that.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-02 5:55 PM
 Quote:
that's the misinterpretation i hate from era pieces. like films that take place during rome's reign, when they show blank white, half-broken columns. or a sanitized 50s, where everyone is a neighbor in a giant sub-burb. grandpa metheus might be calmer and peaceful now and remember days backwhen that were noble, but in the actual time, he was smoking cigars, swearing, and punching polak's 70 years ago - just as much as grandma metheus was blowing folks. the ticker tape "we won" parade after WWII, where the sailor is kissing the chick in the famous pose, was looooousy with strippers and orgy fucking. it was like a direct path to clubs on 42nd street. it was not a "good job, son *handshake*" presentation, as its always portrayed.

rogers is not an 80 year old remembering back to the glory days. he's a 20-something year old (?) who just left it the day before. "it" being a never-ending, disgusting, fate-of-the-world combat, where he was killing mother fuckers by the handful. ...while his mother fuckers (in a different handful) were being killed in front of him.

Yeah, no time is a idyllic as people tend to remember it. One of the reasons I enjoy "Mad Men" in fact.

That being said, I think its legitimate to have a Steve Rogers who is an "aw shucks" guy simply on the idea that he's an individual character who just happens to have that personality.

The Cap movie, in fact, made it a point that part of the reason Erskine selected him for the super-soldier program was because of his personality being different than the other recruits.

Still, I do wish they'd found a way to work in "Ultimate" Cap's "Surrender? Do you think this letter on my head stands for France?" line into the film.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-02 7:27 PM

heh. i can't believe you've devolved into this much of... i don't even know the best way to say it.... an internet.

fine, i'll acquiesce. your opinion is correcter than others. if you want to think that the bow and arrows guy was a majestic swooping angel of erection, even in the same movie that already treated the character one step above "guy in red shirt" or "the professor from good will hunting", that's fine.

Whoa, whoa, whoa man. I think you're misreading my intent. I'm not debating or arguing with you. I thought we were just joking back and forth like normal. I sincerely am sorry if you thought I was seriously trying to "take you to task" for your opinion. You just said he was no more useful than the cops. I pointed out that's not true, he just wasn't AS useful as, say, Thor. That's all. You don't have to like him. I even thought he was too underplayed, to be honest. Clint should have been firing out three arrows at a time or some crazy Legolas-shit like that.

No offense, Rob. Seriously.

Quote:

i know, i know. the stinging shame of embarrassment will be all over me when loki steps forth at the oscars - even years after the film, he will continue to win the award from the performance of a life time as "serviceable bad guy in action film". (also, "serviceable" in this reference defers to you servicing him. because you are really gay and you love blowing dudes. especially actors in nearly generic roles.)

Again, I thought it was obvious I was joking with you. It's obvious I want to fuck Tom Hiddleston. I think I even said as much. I'm sorry dude. Just playing with you.

Quote:
I'll take pure-hearted-from-the-40's Steve Rogers (a personality profile you don't seem to think existed before the 50's, oddly enough). Evans played him exactly as he was presented in his solo film. And that's probably why he was presented that way in the AVENGERS. When you have super-clever narcissistic Tony, bullheaded Thor, eccentric Bruce, and badass Hawkeye, you need a moral center. That's just good storytelling. I know that's not easy to digest on modern canvas, as everyone seems to think all characters must be flawed and fucked-up as the audience members. But, contrary to modern opinion, genuinely good people still exist. I don't see any problem having them represented on the screen. It ain't like we have an overabundance of "Aww shucks!" characters.

You make very good points here. And I concede, you're right. There's probably a bit of romanticizing the era, as usual. But, as G-Man points out (can't believe I agree with him), it's Steve Roger's personality that makes him "Aww shucks", thus separating him from the other normal meatheads of the day. Honestly, did you see the Captain America movie? I feel like maybe you didn't and are just basing him off his appearance in Avengers. The advantage of all these characters having solo movies means Avengers didn't have to waste time justifying anyone's character except Banner. So, in this case, you're right. Steve Rogers wasn't written like a typical 40's guy. He was written like Steve Rogers, from the Captain America movie.

I do take issue with G's idiot-love for that insipid line about "France" and the "A". Not only did it sound incredibly forced and dumb on the page (it literally turned me off of that character ever since), but it just smacks of an ignorant, dinosaur culture that still thinks it's "kewl" to be all "MERICA #1 !!! WHOOO!!! FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD!! WHITE MERICANS AND PROUD!! BEER!!!!!"

Quote:
that said, i wasn't looking for him to have deep flaws and night terror flashbacks or whatever - but i would have enjoyed a more general-like, no-nonsense, fuck you tone to the character. his brief "get the suit" clash in the film with tony stark might have been the closest to that.

I think we'll get more of that with other movies. But, I don't think either you or Gake will be satisfied with Steve being the moral standard he has always been presented.

Again, I apologize if I pissed you off. Or, if you're an alt of someone I must have pissed off. Or you're still reeling from how horrible Green Lantern actually was (cause it sucked). Seriously? You're one of the guys I like here. I hope you aren't ever seriously pissed at me or annoyed by my playing with you. If you are, I'll stop engaging you, man. As far as I'm concerned, it's all good with us.
Posted By: Rob Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-02 10:33 PM
No offense, Rob. Seriously.

none taken, or (meant to be) exchanged!

Clint should have been firing out three arrows at a time or some crazy Legolas-shit like that.

legolas did, for a bow and arrow guy, kick more ass -- and i much appreciated stark's mention of that in the avengers. black widow has gigantic breasts, so that's a plus, but at least they also showed her as a negotiator and expert intel source. hawkeye has not established himself as able to contribute in any way the other fellas could. being turned into a baddie within the first 30 seconds, and remaining so for half the film didn't help matters. i don't really have a vast knowledge of avengers books, so i don't know if he ever has in any regard. but, looking just at this film, and presuming many people are getting their first look at the character, he's simply unnecessary - the movie could have happened without him in it.

it's Steve Roger's personality that makes him "Aww shucks", thus separating him from the other normal meatheads of the day.

sure. but like with the rest of the portrayal, i just disagree with it. i mean, yes, it is consistent in the realm of the movie universe marvel has built (i did see, and mostly enjoy, the cap movie) but i just find it poorly crafted. more than the "aw shucks" personality pre-super steve had, i like the notion that it was the "fuck you, i'll do it better" gumption he had that made him stand out. in other words, not his hoaky manners and smile, but the pre-serum moment when he jumped on the grenade in the cap film.

Yeah, no time is a idyllic as people tend to remember it. One of the reasons I enjoy "Mad Men" in fact.

mad men, magic city, and spartacus (its more than just awesome boobs in every scene!) really do a great job of at least attempting a realistic portrayal of the environments.

I don't think either you or Gake will be satisfied with Steve being the moral standard he has always been presented.

on the larger scale, maybe his corniness adds to the lighter fun of the movie - and/or the wider (and younger) appeal of the fanbase. that said, i can't fault the decision, i just don't like it.

I hope you aren't ever seriously pissed at me or annoyed by my playing with you.

nossir, i only jest! honestly, i can't recall ever being pissed in the duration of the rkmbs. and if i ever were, i think i just wouldn't respond or engage in the discussion. it wouldn't be worth my time. i do, however, enjoy disagreeing with someone on a topic, because i like the debate. so, if anything, i'm happy you're fruity for lame characters like hawkeye \:\)
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-03 1:48 AM
Rob. Your opinion is shit. And its death will be rejoiced.

Sincerely,
Prometheus
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-03 1:49 AM
Nononono! Rob, I'm just kidding! Just kidding! Please don't hate me and make fun of me like everyone else!

Sincerely,
Prometheus
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-03 4:19 AM
Hawkeye was shit in 28 weeks later. He got burned by his own teammates.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-03 5:40 AM
WHHHYYYYYYY?????

Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-03 5:41 AM
Rob, you're still my fall-back position for NYC lover...
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: The Avengers - 2012-06-08 1:07 AM
Speaking of France, I hope the next Captain America film will have Batroc the Leaper.
© RKMBs