RKMBs
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-09 4:20 AM
Constantine: NBC Cancels Drama Horror Series After 1 Season
The show's developer, Daniel Cerone, tweeted the news Friday and said Warner Bros. is trying to find the show a new network. The 13-episode first season concluded Feb. 13.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-09 4:22 AM
Bullocks!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-09 5:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lowther
Bullocks!

Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-09 8:07 AM
Glad I didn't say balls or shit.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-19 10:09 AM
I had heard it was crap.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-19 1:00 PM
I wouldn't say it's crap, they at least tried to get close to the source material. But it's too campy to be a proper adaptation (some of the stories that they adapted were much darker in Constantine. They were most likely toning it down for primetime TV.)

Also, they went overboard with the special effects but used cheap special effects that wouldn't look out of place in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's sad because the stories in Hellblazer could have benefited from less flashy special effects. They could have gone with atmospheric, like Oren Peli's the River.

They also saddled it with a poor timeslot and relatively weak marketing.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-05-19 4:12 PM
It's too much for broadcast TV here in the States. It would have done better on cable where it could get away with more stuff. I was actually surprised by how good it was considering. They even got to the point to where they could show him lighting a cig.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-06-02 3:13 AM
Agreed w/SOM about the effects. DEFINITELY agree with both you and Doc re: toning it down to the point of being hard to watch. I was hoping (because I guess I'm ignorant, or optimistic) that it'd catch on and get moved to cable. Farfetched, I know. Oh, well.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-06-02 10:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
DEFINITELY agree with both you and Doc re: toning it down to the point of being hard to watch.

Not at all what I said. Learn to fucking read.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-06-02 11:13 PM
You ain't s'posed to fuck read. Except if you're sue storm.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Constantine Canceled - 2015-06-03 1:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
DEFINITELY agree with both you and Doc re: toning it down to the point of being hard to watch.

Not at all what I said. Learn to fucking read.

He fake internet read your post.
© RKMBs