RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 7:15 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

About the 1:54 fucking sold me on this.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71452

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD is an instant action classic. It's snorting powdered adrenaline off the hood of a Corvette (or V-8 Interceptor, if you please) driving a hundred plus miles an hour in heavy traffic. It’s all the best stuff of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, THE ROAD WARRIOR, and DIE HARD wrapped neatly in a bow, and dropped in our laps like a frigging Christmas present 7 months early by Santa George Miller himself. I’ve been watching movies all my life, and I know it in my marrow when a great, great film kicks in the front door, and MAD MAX: FURY ROAD knocks it clean off its hinges. This film will be talked about for years – decades – just as THE ROAD WARRIOR was. Too much hyperbole? Yeah, I don’t give a shit.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 4:33 PM
I'm not much of one to follow reviews, but all yesterday they kept popping up in news feeds. And the each one of them seemed to fucking love it.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 7:40 PM
I'm not much of one to follow reviews, but all yesterday they kept popping up in news feeds. And the each one of them seemed to fucking love it.

Yeah. In this case the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and all say basically the same thing, namely, it fucking rocks.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 9:11 PM
The only review I care about is Pariah's review of the script he read online.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 11:20 PM
There's no better indicator of quality that the Pariah seal of disapproval...
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-12 11:51 PM
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-13 12:15 AM
Just found out that the villain in this film is played by the same guy who was the Toecutter in the first film.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-13 4:57 AM
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-17 6:18 AM
Saw it today. The only thing that wasn't so fucking awesome about it was the drunk college punk in front of me who obviously had no idea what he was watching. At the end, he got up and looked at me (because all of his friends quickly ditched him the moment the credits began to roll) and said, "That was pretty dumb, huh?" I said, "No, I actually like it." He seemed confused and stumbled his way out of the theater.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-17 5:55 PM
Kids today....
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-19 10:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

About the 1:54 fucking sold me on this.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71452

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD is an instant action classic. It's snorting powdered adrenaline off the hood of a Corvette (or V-8 Interceptor, if you please) driving a hundred plus miles an hour in heavy traffic. It’s all the best stuff of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, THE ROAD WARRIOR, and DIE HARD wrapped neatly in a bow, and dropped in our laps like a frigging Christmas present 7 months early by Santa George Miller himself. I’ve been watching movies all my life, and I know it in my marrow when a great, great film kicks in the front door, and MAD MAX: FURY ROAD knocks it clean off its hinges. This film will be talked about for years – decades – just as THE ROAD WARRIOR was. Too much hyperbole? Yeah, I don’t give a shit.

Filmed in Queensland. Apparently they wrecked a lot of lizard habitat sand dunes, or something, making it. Whoops. Filming was delayed by some serious floods in the desert.

Anyway. Really looking forward to it. Already been told by the wife that I'll be watching it with fellow blokes.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-19 4:21 PM
They moved it to Namibia after the floods.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-24 9:34 PM
Saw it last night.
Fucking awesome
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-25 6:40 AM
All shiny and chrome.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-26 5:59 AM
They moved it to Namibia after the floods.

Aha.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-27 3:06 AM
It was one long car chase across the desert. Still it was a great movie!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-05-31 12:28 AM
I never even bothered sit through the entirety of the original films. Why on earth would I bother with this one?

I'll just settle for playing Fallout--the original ones mind you. Not the gay Bethesda abortions.

I wish I still had that hairline.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-06-09 4:08 PM

This might sound odd, but the set-location scenery of Namibia alone makes me want to see it.

Beyond that, Mad Max, and its sequels The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome were all good and different, the last at least visually interesting and representative of popular culture at the time. I loved Tina Turner, both her wild outfit in the film, and the popular movie theme song ("We don't need another hero") that emerged from it.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-06-11 5:37 AM
Thunderdome really sucked.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 2015-06-11 2:45 PM
Thunderdome was good up until the point where he found the kids. After that, with the exception of the chase scene, it sucked.
© RKMBs