RKMBs
Posted By: rex Here we go again - 2009-04-29 1:02 AM
Whomods back in the political copy and paste forum. Come join the fun.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 3:29 AM
I crushed him already.

I think that's a new record.
Posted By: Wank and Cry Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:06 AM
The only 'fun' youll have is continueing to lose again and again.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:09 AM
Stick 'em up! This is a raid!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:11 AM
ALL POLLS ON LOCK DOWN!

ORANGE ALERT!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:22 AM
You mean like...Orange text?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:23 AM
(yes)
Posted By: fixer Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:26 AM
 Originally Posted By: Wank and Cry
The only "fun" you'll have is continuing to let Captain Zzap rip my asshole inside out again and again.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: Wank and Cry Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:45 AM
Clearly not what I said or what I woud have said. Looks like you guys havenot changed a bit.
Posted By: rex Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:49 AM
Why should we change? You are now and will always be our bitches.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:49 AM
Fuck off, cat shit breath!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:51 AM
lay off the guy, he's in deep doo doo:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518303,00.html

Quote:
FORT STEWART, Georgia —
An Army soldier tearfully apologized for going to Canada to avoid deploying to Iraq and was sentenced Tuesday to a year in prison after pleading guilty to desertion.

Spc. Cliff Cornell spent four years in Canada before the Canadian government denied him asylum as a war objector. Cornell came back to the U.S. and turned himself in to authorities in February to avoid being deported.

The 28-year-old soldier from Arkansas sobbed in a Fort Stewart courtroom Tuesday as he told the judge he was sorry. He said he fled to Canada in January 2005, a month before his 3rd Infantry Division unit was scheduled to deploy to Iraq, because he feared for his own life and couldn't stomach the thought of killing.

"It was wrong for me to leave my unit and go to Canada," Cornell said. "I was very anxious about whether I might be asked to do things that might violate my conscience. I felt trapped. I didn't know what to do."

The judge, Col. Tara Osborn, also ordered Cornell's rank be reduced to private and for him to receive a bad conduct discharge.

Cornell is the third U.S. service member to be tried by the military for fleeing to Canada.

Though Cornell's prison time falls between the sentences of the other two deserters, his attorney, James Branum, said it was too harsh.

He said Cornell suffered an abusive childhood that left him socially impaired and therefore unable to resolve his qualms about serving in a war zone with his commanders.

"While he is certainly sane to stand trial, I would say he has some degree of impairment," Branum said. "He doesn't have the social or emotional skills of other people."

Branum said Cornell would be housed temporarily one of the nearby county jails until he's assigned to a military prison. He said he planned to appeal the sentence to Maj. Gen. Anthony Cucolo, Fort Stewart's commander, who could reduce the sentence.

Prosecutors had asked for a 15-month prison sentence and a dishonorable discharge for Cornell, arguing his decision to flee put other members of Cornell's unit in jeopardy.

"They had to fill his space with a soldier who was not trained up and had to learn on the job," said Capt. Edward Piasta, an Army prosecutor. "And he didn't come back until Canada refused his refugee status and he was threatened with immediate deportation."

Cornell had trained as a driver and gunner in the 1st Battalion, 39th Artillery Regiment, which deployed to Iraq in 2005 to provide security details for senior officers.

In Canada, Cornell worked at a grocery store on Gabriola Island in British Columbia. Branum said Cornell hopes to return there after he's released from prison.

A dishonorable discharge would have made that more difficult for Cornell, Branum said. The bad conduct discharge would be viewed more like a misdemeanor conviction, rather than a felony, on his record, the attorney said.

Military law defines desertion as leaving the military with no intent to return or to avoid hazardous duty. The charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

However, Fort Stewart commanders agreed to push for a lighter sentence in exchange for Cornell's guilty plea.

The War Resisters Support Campaign, based in Toronto, has worked with about 50 U.S. service members seeking refugee status or political asylum in Canada. The group estimates more than 200 have fled to Canada, most of them hiding out illegally.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 4:53 AM
I thought he preferred seamen.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:11 AM
Give Tommy a break. He went to Canada for the love of his man, Sikkbones.
Posted By: Rob Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:12 AM
i just read through the political forum, and i really must say; the return of whomod was pretty anticlimactic. the obama inauguration was the time, that's what all the hype was leading to. when the writers dropped the ball by missing that opportunity, there was little they could do to make up for it.

wanky's re-emergence here was even more disappointing. i mean, he didn't even start a thread or anything. and he's alone. and i think he's gone now. there wasn't even a big event surrounding it, or a challenge, or some sorta weird jedi mind trick. the spelling doesn't even look terrible enough.

i dunno, i feel like this new chapter is tacked-on shill to stretch out the original storyline. and, really, all it does is detract from the original.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:14 AM
this will go direct to dvd.
Posted By: rex Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:16 AM
The one year anniversary is coming up. Maybe they have something big planned?
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:22 AM
One can hope. But if this is the best they had, then I'm not gonna bother with them. Let our third stringers thrash these ass clowns.
Posted By: Rob Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
this will go direct to dvd.

probably not even any commentary or bonus features. ...aside from the giant blooper reel.
Posted By: rex Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:47 AM
Is there anyway to disable graemlins in whomods posts? That would probably give him a nervous breakdown.
Posted By: Rob Re: Here we go again - 2009-04-29 5:54 AM
i started to before, but then i saw all of them there just laughing at me and bouncing up and down. i got really sad and depressed. it's like anything i'd do with logic or sense would just get deflected by this invincible shield of tiny smiling circles. he can't be stopped!
Posted By: Black Machismo Re: Here we go again - 2009-05-01 1:26 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Give Tommy a break. He went to Canada for the love of his man, Sikkbones.

see this is funny.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Here we go again - 2009-05-01 1:30 AM
No, THIS is funny...
© RKMBs