RKMBs
Posted By: Pig Iran 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 12:18 AM
In 3 days it will be 2 years since Piggie has had a drop of alcohol to drink...pretty boring 2 years otherwise....
Posted By: Pariah Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 12:34 AM
By contrast, your seminal intake has likely quadrupled.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 12:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
By contrast, your seminal intake has likely quadrupled.

I know it's impossible keeping up with your standards....
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 1:12 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
In 3 days it will be 2 years since Piggie has had a drop of alcohol to drink...pretty boring 2 years otherwise....

Congratulations, P.I.

I barely drink myself, and I was quite the weekend warrior up through the 80's.

I enjoyed drinking back in the day, but I've moved on and don't miss it. I pretty much only toss back a few over the holidays now.
Posted By: the G-man Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 2:57 AM

Congratulations, Piggy. I will toast your victory with some Johnny Walker.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 2:59 AM

Posting here will get you drinking again in no time.

I swore off booze until I hit my weight loss goal in another 10 pounds. Then I'm getting a bottle of whiskey.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-27 4:02 AM
It has really cut down on the little action i did get though......:(
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-29 1:18 AM
Drunk action is better than no action. You better go back to being a drunk.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-29 7:10 AM
Watch out, PI! It's a trap!
Posted By: klinton Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-29 10:02 AM
Congrats! I can't imagine life without alcohol myself, but I've a begrudging respect for people who manage to live without it. :D
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-29 5:21 PM
It's more that I started blacking out than anything..and I couldn't quit until I was drunk.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-09-30 3:55 AM
Last time I was sober, man I felt bad
Worst hangover that I ever had
It took six hamburgers and scotch all night
Nicotine for breakfast just to put me right
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-10-07 7:17 PM
Well done. I rarely drink nowadays. I once wrote down a list of the ten dumbest things I have done. All involved booze. It was a good incentive to stop getting drunk.

Besides, if you think I'm a dick now, you should meet me half-cut.
Posted By: Grimm Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-10-10 7:02 AM
I drink considerably less. mostly due to lack of money and time to go to bars. but it does leave me time for other things.

of course, I have just had a friend die from alcohol related liver failure. gives you pause.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-10-10 7:51 AM
Sorry about your friend ,Grimm. Seeing that does give you pause before you do that to yourself.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: 2 Years.... - 2013-10-10 7:24 PM
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
I drink considerably less. mostly due to lack of money and time to go to bars. but it does leave me time for other things.

of course, I have just had a friend die from alcohol related liver failure. gives you pause.

One of my closest friends, named Jennifer, died in October 2003 of some kind of alcohol-related stroke/seizure. Her sister told me the autopsy was inconclusive. But her doctor had warned her, she knew her liver was failing, and was losing her vision as well.
I kept in touch with her by phone after we graduated college, and I couldn't see her decline when I visited her once a year or so since 1991. She'd confessed to me when she got each of her two DWI's, and the 2nd time had her driver license suspended for a year. And I wondered why she didn't renew her license after that. Her sister told me after the fact that it was because her vision was severely impaired. And yet she kept on drinking.

She was so much fun when she wasn't under the influence. Personality plus! And she was gorgeous, 5' 7" with honey blonde hair, and a face and body to die for. I wish I had photos to post here to show you.

So I feel for you, Grimm. I know what it's like to lose a friend to alcohol.
© RKMBs