RKMBs
Posted By: Irwin Schwab What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 2:19 AM
If God had a name, what would it be and would you call it to his face? If you were faced with him in all his glory, what would you ask if you had just one question
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 2:25 AM
He does have a name, Yahweh. And yes, I use it when I talk to him.

Just one question...that he had to answer? The point. The point behind everything. And if he honesly replies some shit like 'it's my will' or the like, I'll be sorely disapointed.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 2:56 AM
If God had a name,
What would it be,
and would you call it to his face,
If you were faced with him,
In all His glory,
What would you ask if you had just one question...
Yeah, yeah, God is great...
Yeah, yeah, God is good...
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ,yeah
What if God was one of us...
Just a slob like one of us...
Just a stranger on the bus,
Tryin' to make his way home...
If God had a face...
What would it look like
And would you wanna' see...
If seeing meant that you would have to believe...
In things like heaven
And in Jesus and the Saints and all the prophets...
Yeah, yeah, God is great...
Yeah, yeah, God is good...
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ,yeah...
What if God was one of us...
Just a slob like one of us...
Just a stranger on the bus,
Tryin' to make his way home...
Just like a Holy rollin' stone...
Back up in Heaven all alone...
Nobody calls Him on the phone...
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome...
Posted By: Anonymous One Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 3:32 AM
Quote:

klinton said:
He does have a name, Yahweh. And yes, I use it when I talk to him.

Just one question...that he had to answer? The point. The point behind everything. And if he honesly replies some shit like 'it's my will' or the like, I'll be sorely disapointed.

You're not supposed to be able to pronounce his name. You substitute "Adonai" in place of Yahweh everytime you come across it.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 4:52 AM
please stay on topic.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 8:10 AM
The real question is what does God need with a starship?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 8:51 AM
he'll use it to pick up bitches, of course.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 12:12 PM
I wouldn't call God anything to God's face, no. I don't think I could.

I'd ask God what I have to do to get into Heaven, if at all possible. I'm selfish like that.
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 12:17 PM
Quote:

Anonymous One said:
You're not supposed to be able to pronounce his name. You substitute "Adonai" in place of Yahweh everytime you come across it.

Well, then it's a good thing I'm not Jewish then, isn't it? The idea of not addressing God by his name was a construct of the Pharasies and by no means dictated by Yahweh Himself, who wished His name to be 'sanctified in every nation'.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 12:55 PM
Yet you can't understand the part of the bible where it says not to be porking other dudes!
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 1:03 PM
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
Yet you can't understand the part of the bible where it says not to be porking other dudes!

I understand it...I just don't think God is that petty. And quite frankly, when the shit comes down and I have to hold my actions before Him for judgement...I don't feel that my 'sins' outweigh my attempts to live a responsible honest life. Of course, that's up to Him to judge...but we do our best.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 1:22 PM
Quote:

klinton said:
Quote:

And quite frankly, when the shit comes down

dude, we dont want details of the porking!
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 1:30 PM
Quote:

dude, we dont want details of the porking!

Sure? But I...but....

Fine then.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 4:19 PM
Quote:

Assuming He is around, or that He cares about our sorry arses enough to do something about it, He sure didn't write that text nor direct anyone to write it.

One of the world's enduring tragedies is that people have thought He did, for thousands of years.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 6:40 PM
Also, since our dating techniques are so primitive that people are convinced we evolved from monkeys (HA! silly monkeys), for all we know the books could have been written in May, 1995. Unless the dating techniques are only inaccurate when it comes to fossils and not divine novels... that would rock.
Posted By: the G-man Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 7:07 PM
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Also, since our dating techniques are so primitive that people are convinced we evolved from monkeys (HA! silly monkeys), for all we know the books could have been written in May, 1995. Unless the dating techniques are only inaccurate when it comes to fossils and not divine novels... that would rock.

Now you're being silly. The books couldn't have been written in 1995, because there are eyewitnesses to the book's existence prior to that date.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 7:43 PM
January, 1995?
Posted By: SpandexMonkeyMan Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 8:01 PM
Don't be silly!

Everyone knows that the Bible was written in 1903 BG (Before G-Man)!
Posted By: the G-man Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-05 8:21 PM
There's also admissible evidence of the bible having been written prior to 1903.

People in court swear on the bible. There are official transcripts of court proceedings from 1903 and even farther back. Court transcripts are admissible evidence.

Therefore, we have proof the bible is older than 1903 and, therefore, that you're still being silly.

Why, oh why, must you people screw up BSAMS' deep thoughts with your nonsense?
Posted By: Uschi Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 4:48 AM
I would say, "Hi God. How's it going?"
Posted By: Anonymous One Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 5:30 AM
Quote:

klinton said:
Quote:

Anonymous One said:

Well, then it's a good thing I'm not Jewish then, isn't it? The idea of not addressing God by his name was a construct of the Pharasies and by no means dictated by Yahweh Himself, who wished His name to be 'sanctified in every nation'.

No it's not a rule out of politeness, from what I learned from my World Mythologies class the word just can't be pronounced by the human tounge.
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 7:17 AM
Quote:

Anonymous One said:

No it's not a rule out of politeness, from what I learned from my World Mythologies class the word just can't be pronounced by the human tounge.

That's not true. God was addressed by name by both Adam and Moses. It was not a matter of politeness, but rather a needless tradition.

As to the exact pronounciation, it is true that we have most likely forgotten it. That is not to say that it was never known and used though.

You may be thinking of the tetragramitan (sp?) which I can't reproduce here (it looks like 'NIN' though). It was a symbol for God's name, but has no known pronunciation. Of course, there may very well have been one at one point...
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 4:22 PM
Quote:

the G-man said:
There's also admissible evidence of the bible having been written in 1903.

People in court swear on the bible. There are official transcripts of court proceedings from 1903 and even farther back. Court transcripts are admissible evidence.

Therefore, we have proof the bible is older than 1903 and, therefore, that you're still being silly.

King James would be perplexed to read this.
Posted By: the G-man Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 6:12 PM
I've rephrased. I meant "already written in 1903" or "written prior to 1903."
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 9:11 PM
November, 1902.
Posted By: Pariah Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 9:18 PM
Quote:

Anonymous One said:

I read the whole "god's name can't be written" was by early jewish church leaders who felt that any writing of god's name could be damaged or destroyed which would be an afront to god (the muslim's still hold this belief).
Posted By: Grimm Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-06 11:12 PM
what if God wasn't one of us?
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-07 2:47 AM
3.1418something.
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-07 2:51 AM
Quote:

Anonymous One said:
Quote:

klinton said:
Quote:

Anonymous One said:

What you're refering to is the Tetragrammeton a four letter word with no vowels YHWH sometimes written generally as JHYH with variations of JHVH or YHVH. Pronounces as Yahweh and by some as Jehova. It's not that the word can't be pronounced, but as any word written 5000 years ago without vowels there is a debate over what teh correct pronunciation is. That isn't to say that there is anything wrong with calling God by name regardless of wether the pronounciation is perfect.
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-07 2:53 AM
Quote:

(it looks like 'NIN' though)

i think you've confused God with Trent Resner.
Posted By: klinton Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-07 6:08 AM
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

(it looks like 'NIN' though)

i think you've confused God with Trent Resner.

No...this is what I was talking about:

In my head, I've always thought it looked like 'N-I-N'...I know that it's not...but it was a quick description.
Posted By: Anonymous One Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-09 7:18 AM
Fuck I just found out Joan of Arcadia was cancelled. I tuned in on Friday thinking "haven't watched it in a while" lets see what happens and it didn't come on.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-09 11:42 AM
Damn. Sorry about your loss.
Quote:

Damn. Sorry about your loss.

you should bump every 9/11 thread again.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-09 7:01 PM
Quote:

Anonymous One said:
Fuck I just found out Joan of Arcadia was cancelled. I tuned in on Friday thinking "haven't watched it in a while" lets see what happens and it didn't come on.

Isn't this proof enough that there's no God?
Posted By: the G-man Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-09 7:16 PM
The way you guys keep going on about "Joan of Arcadia," I'm half tempted to move this to the "media" forum....

But then reax would probably delete it and blame the doctor
Posted By: Uschi Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-10 2:29 AM
I think my question to god is the most useful.
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-10 4:54 AM
Quote:

Uschi said:
I think my question to god is the most useful.

Please illuminate us.
Posted By: Uschi Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-10 6:33 AM
Quote:

Uschi said:
I would say, "Hi God. How's it going?"

See? His answer could be worth millions.
Posted By: Franta Re: What if God was one of us? - 2005-10-11 10:35 AM
What if Rodman Drove a bus?
Posted By: rex Re: What if God was one of us? - 2010-03-01 7:32 AM
Pariah User Bow down to combaticus!
15000+ posts 2 minutes 22 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Deep Topics
Thread: What if God was one of us?
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
I wouldn't call God anything to God's face, no. I don't think I could.

I'd ask God what I have to do to get into Heaven, if at all possible. I'm selfish like that.

Follow these few simple and fun rules and you should get into heaven just fine.

1.pray only to God
2.Throw out your Buddha statue
3.Stop cussing.
4.Spend all Saturday in church.
5.Call your parents at least once a week, At least try to remember your mom's birthday.
6.Don't kill anyone even if they really deserve it.
7.Stop fucking all the married white women.
8.Stop stealing your neighbors car stereo.
9.Stop making up crazy shit about your neighbors and calling the cops on them.
10.Keep away from your neighbors house,wife,butler,maid,dog cat and your neighbors ass.

Posted By: The AFLAC Duck Re: What if God was one of us? - 2010-03-05 6:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
Pariah User Bow down to combaticus!
15000+ posts 2 minutes 22 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Deep Topics
Thread: What if God was one of us?

AFLAC!
© RKMBs