RKMBs
Posted By: King Snarf It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 2:11 AM

Here're the songs that have been confirmed thus far for the game that's destined to be the MOST AWESOME game of 2006, Guitar Hero II!

"Beast & the Harlot"- Avenged Sevenfold
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking?"- The Rolling Stones
"Crazy on You"- Heart
"Heart-Shaped Box"- Nirvana
"Jessica"- The Allman Brothers Band
"Laid to Rest"- Lamb of God
"Message in a Bottle"- The Police
"Misirlou"- Dick Dale
"Surrender"- Cheap Trick
"Tattooed Love Boys"- The Pretenders
"Them Bones"- Alice In Chains
"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"- Spinal Tap
"Arterial Black"- Drist
"Free Bird"- Lynyrd Skynyrd (FREE BIRD!!!)
"John the Fisherman"- Primus
"Madhouse"- Anthrax
"Psychobilly Freakout"- The Reverend Horton Heat
"Shout at the Devil"- Motley Crue
"Strutter"- KISS
"Sweet Child O' Mine"- Guns 'N' Roses
"Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart"- Stone Temple Pilots
"War Pigs"- Black Sabbath
"Who Was in My Room Last Night?"- The Butthole Surfers
"You Really Got Me"- Van Halen
"YYZ"- Rush

There'll probably more songs announced, as the last game had 30 songs, plus a plethora of tunes from indie groups.
Posted By: Fused Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 3:01 AM
loves me some mutha fuckinz guitar hero. i may rock my dick hard for "Them Bones".
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 3:09 AM
As someone who considers '92-'97 as the high point of culture and art, I'm psyched to see Nirvana and STP on there. Now if they could only score some Soul Asylum, Offspring, Bush, or Pearl Jam.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 5:06 AM
I still have trouble with "More Than a Feeling" from the first game.

Then again, I kind of play a real guitar.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 5:10 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
As someone who considers '92-'97 as the high point of culture and art, I'm psyched to see Nirvana and STP on there. Now if they could only score some Soul Asylum, Offspring, Bush, or Pearl Jam.

And Everclear.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 5:13 AM
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:

And Everclear.

Yes! And Banditos by the Refreshments. They also need more 80's hair stuff, like Bon Jovi, and Every Rose Has it's Thorn.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-20 5:14 AM
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:

CJ plays GH? That's hawt.
Posted By: Fused Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-21 1:59 PM
Guitar Hero to Be Heroic on Other Platforms, Too
[ps3] [xbox360] [nintendo]

Ever since Activision picked up Guitar Hero publisher RedOctane, many have speculated that Harmonix's wildly popular PlayStation 2 title may eventually be headed to other platforms. It appears those hopes have been confirmed. Activision CEO Robert Kotick, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia XV Conference, stated that the game will indeed be coming to "every significant new format." In all likelihood, this applies at least to the three next-gen console systems.

Yesterday, rumors emerged from the Gamestation Conference, held by UK retailer Gamestation for its employees, that the upcoming Guitar Hero II (PS2) is headed for Xbox 360 in 2007. Kotick's statement lends credence to those rumors.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 9:48 AM
A 360 GH could be cool, considering there could be exclusive niche songs for download.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 6:17 PM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:

CJ plays GH? That's hawt.

What can I say? I'm a girl of many talents and mysteries...
Posted By: rex Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 7:34 PM
Every woman is a mystery to snarf.
Posted By: klinton Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 7:36 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Every woman is a mystery to snarf.

Yeah, well, women don't come with a 100% cotton sticker for clarity.
Posted By: Kaz Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 9:22 PM
ZING!
Posted By: rex Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-09-22 11:59 PM
MTV to acquire Guitar Hero developer

Harmonix Music Systems to become latest member of the Viacom media empire; price set at $175 million in cash.
    By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
    Posted Sep 22, 2006 10:40 am PT

Guitar Hero has made a lot of people very, very rich. In May, Activision announced that it had purchased the publisher of the game, RedOctane; a pickup that cost the company $100 million. Today, MTV Networks announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Guitar Hero's development studio, Harmonix Music Systems, for $175 million in cash.

The move represents another step into gaming for MTV parent company Viacom. The media giant has previously been rumored as contemplating takeovers of Electronic Arts and Midway (of which Viacom CEO Sumner Redstone owns a considerable amount of stock). As for steps it has actually taken into the gaming sector, the company acquired Xfire earlier this year for $102 million.

This is not the first time MTV has involved itself with the Guitar Hero brand. Last November, it announced an agreement with RedOctane to feature Guitar Hero (as well as future installments of the series) in original programming, creative promotions, and competitions on its array of cable channels and Web sites.

While the Harmonix hit du jour may be Guitar Hero, the studio has developed a number of successes, including the cult PlayStation 2 rhythm games Frequency and Amplitude, as well as Konami's Karaoke Revolution series. Harmonix's next game to hit the market, Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2, is expected to arrive in stores this November.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-04 10:26 PM
They've recently announced more songs for Guitar Hero 2, including Mother by Danzig, Monkey Wrench by the Foo Fighters, Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas, Cherry Pie by Warrant, and... Thank you god... Rock This Town by the Stray Cats (fuck yeah!). That last one is one I'd personally been hoping for, but never actually expected to see.
Posted By: Fused Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-05 4:49 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
They've recently announced Mother by Danzig,

YES!
Posted By: rex Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-10 6:20 AM
Guitar Hero II Final Tracklist Revealed

t's official: From Aerosmith to the Rolling Stones to RATM, all 40 licensed tracks unveiled.
    by Chris Roper

October 9, 2006 - After a year of wishlists, speculation and even a bit of "slipped" information, RedOctane has finally revealed to us the final licensed tracklist for Guitar Hero II. Totaling 40 tunes in all, spread over eight difficulty levels, the sequel to our Best Music Game of 2005 seems to have an even wider range of rock-oriented music than the first time out. From Guns N' Roses to the Police to Dick Dale, Guitar Hero II runs the gamut of rock.

Without further ado, here are the tracks you'll be rocking out to come November 7th.

1. Opening Licks
    Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
    Danzig - Mother
    Cheap Trick - Surrender
    Wolfmother - Woman
    Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

2. Amp-Warmers
    Kiss - Strutter
    Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
    Police - Message in a Bottle
    Van Halen - You Really Got Me
    Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son

3. String-Snappers
    Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
    Alice in Chains - Them Bones
    Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
    Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
    Black Sabbath - War Pigs

4. Thrash and Burn
    Warrant - Cherry Pie
    Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night
    Mathew Sweet - Girlfriend
    Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
    Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

5. Return of the Shred
    Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
    Primus - John the Fisherman
    Sword - Freya
    Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
    Aerosmtih - Last Child

6. Relentless Riffs
    Heart - Crazy on You
    Stone Temple Pilots - Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart
    Stray Cats - Rock This Town
    Allman Brothers - Jessica
    Jane's Addiction - Stop

7. Furious Fretwork
    Anthrax - Madhouse
    Living End - Carry Me Home
    Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
    Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
    Rush - YYZ

8. Face-Melters
    Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
    Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
    Dick Dale - Misirlou
    Megadeth - Hangar 18
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

As for the unlockable bonus tracks, RedOctane tells us that it wants to keep those songs a secret until release as to not spoil everything for the fans. Sounds good to us, though we're certainly interested to know simply what caliber of tracks will be included. Good things come to those who wait however, and luckily we have less than a month to do so.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-10 6:25 AM
This will be the most AWESOMEST game EVAH!1!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-10 6:38 AM
there should be further ado
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-10-10 8:40 PM
This will be like the first game then. A ton of songs I don't recognize until I start playing, and then I'll be like 'Oh yeah, I think I heard this one before!'
Posted By: Fused Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-08 10:10 AM
Just hooked it up today and thrashed for fuckin hours and i have a test and a paper due tomorrow; im fucked. Between this and a few new titles out my PS2 hasnt seen this much love in over a year.

New songs a new practice mode which i havent peeped out yet. New band member models lookin slicked out. So far a more engaging experience then the first and a ramped up difficulty. bass track playability and head-to-head guitar face-offs. mini scene activity in player venues and pseudo cutscenes make this a MUST-have for any rhythm gamer 'or guitar hero fan.
Posted By: Rob Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-08 10:43 AM
quite a few people from the office lined up to buy the $80 GH2. i'm pretty amazed by how popular the game has been -- particularly with most peripheral type games for systems being drastically unsuccesful.

this has sold huge so far.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-08 10:49 AM
A thread I started has been front paged? FUCK YEAH!
Posted By: Fused Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-09 12:45 PM
just got a 176 note streak on Freebird hard difficulty mutha-figgahhhhzzz!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-10 4:47 AM
I tried this today at work. Have I mentioned that sometimes I LOVE working at a video game store? Anyways, it's awesome. Even some of the little details they've added, like the singer guy dancing around depending on the song, just makes the game that much cooler. Plus, there're some awesome songs on there.
Posted By: Animalman Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-11-10 5:00 AM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
quite a few people from the office lined up to buy the $80 GH2. i'm pretty amazed by how popular the game has been -- particularly with most peripheral type games for systems being drastically unsuccesful.

this has sold huge so far.

People play non-Nintendo games. I agree, it's amazing!
Posted By: King Snarf Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-13 2:50 AM
This game is awesome. I especially love the Encore feature in Career mode.
Posted By: Fused Re: Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-13 5:19 AM
halfway down expert here. starts to get really punishing...did co-op and head-to-head this weekend. makes the game all the more sick.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-13 10:20 AM
I never even went very far on hard on the first game, let alone expert. My hands aren't dextrous enough; I've got stupid fingers! If only the Robot Devil would give me some robot hands!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-15 2:26 AM
I've now become stuck on two songs in career mode. Carry Me Home and Psychobilly Freakout. What's frustrating is the first time I tried Carry Me Home on Quick Play I got five stars; now I keep screwing up. I want to be able to nail a 5 star performance before trying it on career. *SIGH*
Posted By: Fused Re: Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-15 3:57 AM
Ya I'm now on Carry Me Home. I barely played it on hard but on expert level its just bullshit. Like i'll play for 5 minutes and get pissed off and quit.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Ow. My hands hurt. - 2006-11-15 4:10 AM
I'd try hard and expert levels, but I'd want to grow a sixth finger or somehow remove my thumb and graft it under my pinky, 'cause that's the only way I'll be even somewhat competent.

Still, as harsh a mistress as this game is, playing Sweet Child o' Mine makes it ALL WORTH IT!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-12-06 9:51 PM
Thanks to the magic of Limewire, I've been making myself custom Guitar Hero soundtracks! Woot!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-12-14 10:03 AM
According to the corporate suits at EB Games/ Gamestop, Guitar Hero II is the NUMBAH ONE game this holiday season! Woot! Eat it, Gears of War!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-12-14 10:51 AM
A game which I completely suck at.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: It goes to 11- Guitar Hero 2!!! - 2006-12-14 10:53 AM
I'm only somewhat talented myself. At medium, I'm above average. At hard... Eeessh. Still, getting good at Guitar Hero is all about practice, practice, practice!

Besides, like I said earlier, Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'n' Roses makes it all worth the inevitable hand cramps and carpal tunnel syndrome.
#
Guitar Hero II 360 to feature new content
[xbox360]

When Harmonix's Guitar Hero II is released for Xbox 360 this spring, it will include some additional tracks not included with the PlayStation 2 version of the game, as well as system-specific features such as leaderboards, Achievement points, and downloadable content such as themes, picture packs, and--of course--new music tracks. As for the original songs included on the retail disc itself, there will be ten new to 360, five of which were revealed this week (original performing artist listed in parenthesis):

- Billion Dollar Babies (Alice Cooper)
- Hush (Deep Purple)
- Dead! (My Chemical Romance)
- Life Wasted (Pearl Jam)
- Rock N Roll Hoochi Koo (Rick Derringer)

The remaining new tracks, as well as the tracks to be offered via download, will be announced in the near future. "Guitar Hero is all about feeling like a rock star, and we're adding to the experience by offering our fans an exciting pipeline of new songs, fun and exclusive downloadable content, and the opportunity to see who rocks hardest with an online leaderboard," said publisher RedOctane's Dusty Welch.
Well, I've been wanting to get a 360, this might just cinch it.
3 more of the ten bonus tracks have been announced- Possum Kingdom by Toadies, Salvation by Rancid, and The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Also, Dead and Possum Kingdom will be "master tracks", meaning those will be featuring the original recordings. Dig it. (I could've sworn there was a headbanging smiley...)
Guitar Hero 1 artists The Slip (performers of Even Rats) are gonna be on Conan shortly.
EB Games/ Gamestop is (are?) now taking preorders for Guitar Hero 2: Rock the 80's Expansion, scheduled to be released 7/18/07. Sadly, I have not seen any songlists for this game yet....
Posted By: Fused Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-09 7:04 PM
Source:
http://www.shacknews.com/

EA picks Fender for Rock Band
[ps3] [xbox360]

Publisher Electronic Arts announced today that Harmonix Music Systems' upcoming peripheral-driven rhythm game Rock Band will feature accessories licensed by legendary luthier Fender. Rock Band's standard guitar controller will be based on the design of the Fender Stratocaster, the iconic axe used by musicians such as Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Dick Dale, David Gilmour, Buddy Holly, and Pete Townshend. Fender-branded guitars, bass guitars, and amplifiers will be featured within the game.

Joining Fender in Rock Band will be music electronics manufacturers Roland and BOSS, whose equipment will also be featured.

"Like the Fender Stratocaster, BOSS effects pedals have a long distinguished history," said BOSS U.S. president Paul Youngblood. "We've worked with Fender on many projects in the past and we're honored to be sharing this experience with them. Having the Strat in Rock Band is going to take the virtual world by storm and when it does, we’ll be proud to have the BOSS name and pedals right there with it."

Guitar Hero (PS2) and Guitar Hero II (PS2, X360), Harmonix's previous two games, have featured guitars licensed by another guitar giant, Gibson. Wired guitar peripherals for those games were fashioned after Gibson's distinctive SG model.

EA plans to release Harmonix's Rock Band for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this fall.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-09 7:27 PM
Quote:

Fused said:
the Fender Stratocaster, the iconic axe used by musicians such as Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Dick Dale, David Gilmour, Buddy Holly, and Pete Townshend.

I've seen Townshend play more Gibson guitars than Fenders. They should have said Jimi Hendrix instead.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-09 11:34 PM
but Jimi is black
Posted By: rex Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-11 2:50 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170407.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Guitar Hero will (officially) Rock the 80s
    Activision to bring a dose of nostalgia to the popular game series, with 30 tracks from the era including originals from Flock of Seagulls, Twisted Sister.
    By Emma Boyes, Tor Thorsen, GameSpot UK
    Posted May 10, 2007 8:11 am PT

One of the worst-kept secrets in the games industry is finally out. After weeks of rumors, Activision has finally confirmed that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is in the works. So far, the game has only been confirmed for the PlayStation 2 and will take the retail stage in the US and Europe sometime this summer.

Seven songs out of the total 30 have so far been announced, but they run the genre gamut. It will feature "as made famous" covers of "Round and Round" by Ratt, "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Holy Diver" by Ronnie James Dio, and "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. It will also sport two original tracks: Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran" and "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister. The game will also feature retro rock venues, unlockable guitars, and a variety of "intense" gameplay modes.

RedOctane's head of publishing, Dusty Welch, commented, "The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we've added."

One thing Welch didn't comment on was the fact that Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s is being developed by Harmonix. Though it developed the first two guitar heroes, the rhythm-game studio has since been purchased by MTV, and announced in March it is making a Guitar Hero rival called Rock Band with Electronic Arts. Activision-owned Neversoft, maker of the Tony Hawk series, has since taken over Guitar Hero development. It will presumably be making Guitar Hero III, due out later this year for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

RedOctane founder and president Kai Huang had previously confirmed to GameSpot that the company would be looking to work on a variety of different genres for upcoming Guitar Hero, and that one of the options would be to offer these packs as extra downloadable content. However, the PS2 edition of Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s edition will be coming out in the more traditional boxed format.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-11 5:49 AM
I've been Kamphausened!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-11 6:41 AM
Now you know what it feels like!

Signed,
Notwedge
Posted By: rex Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-11 7:18 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
I've been Kamphausened!

It says some of the songs in the game.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-11 7:18 AM
Good for you.
Posted By: rex Re: Update: Rock Band - 2007-05-24 4:57 AM
Guitar Hero III songs named

The latest incarnation of the popular music game gets an initial tracklist; original songs by the Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Tenacious D, and Living Colour confirmed.
    By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK
    Posted May 23, 2007 7:25 am PT

Hot on the heels of this week's announcement of seven more songs for the 1980s-themed Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s, Activision has announced the first batch of songs for Guitar Hero III. The full list for the latest rhythm game, first revealed during an earnings call earlier in the year, is below--and contains many tracks by the original artists:

ORIGINAL RECORDINGS:
    "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
    "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones
    "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
    "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
    "The Metal" by Tenacious D
    "My Name Is Jonas" by Weezer
    "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse

COVER SONGS:
    "Rock And Roll All Nite" as made famous by Kiss
    "School's Out" as made famous by Alice Cooper
    "Slow Ride" as made famous by Foghat
    "Barracuda" as made famous by Heart

The company also confirmed that the game would be getting two new controllers--a Gibson Les Paul guitar model for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii consoles, and a Gibson Kramer guitar for the PlayStation 2. Both controllers will be wireless.

The new game will also get a host of new features, including a "multiplayer action-inspired battle mode," and authentic rock venues. An expanded online multiplayer mode will allow gamers to compete with other guitar heroes worldwide.

RedOctane's head of publishing, Dusty Welch, said that the team had listened to fans' requests for this edition of the game. He commented, "Many of the top bands and songs we've tried to get in the past are now on board, and we've definitely got some giant aces in the hole to say the least."

Guitar Hero III is due for release on the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii this "fall." It will be the first full-fledged entry in the series to be developed by Activision's in-house studio Neversoft--the first two Guitar Hero games were made by Harmonix.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-05-24 5:47 AM
Not to be outdone, they've announced more songs for Guitar Hero- Rock the 80's....

18 and Life- Skid Row
Bathroom Wall- Faster Pussycat
Lonely is the Night- Billy Squier
Nothing but a Good Time- Poison
Play With Me- Extreme
Shaken- Eddie Money
Synchroniciity II- The Police
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-05-24 9:10 AM
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-05-24 9:12 AM
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 1:51 AM
They've announced two more songs for Guitar Hero 3- Lay Down by Priestess, and Evenflow by Pearl Jam. The only better choice for a Pearl Jam song would've been Jeremy, so I's happy.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 1:53 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Jeremy.

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 2:07 AM
Quote:

King Snarf said:

Shaken- Eddie Money

Wow, a new Eddie Money song.
I wonder if it sounds anything like Shakin!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 2:41 AM
Quote:

notwedge said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Jeremy.

I don't know how to take that.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 2:45 AM
Don't look at me, Snarf said it.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 2:46 AM
I was at Micro Center today and heard the Trogdor theme on Guitar Hero II, sung by Strong Bad himself. Fucking awesome.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 3:01 AM
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

notwedge said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:
Jeremy.

I don't know how to take that.

Well seeing as its Snarf, you wont have to take anything for a lonnnnnnnnnnnngggg time!

I'm sure he will wait for you to make the first move!
Posted By: big_pimp_tim Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-04 12:14 PM
Quote:

King Snarf said:
They've announced two more songs for Guitar Hero 3- Lay Down by Priestess, and Evenflow by Pearl Jam. The only better choice for a Pearl Jam song would've been Jeremy, so I's happy.

alive woul dhave been best.
nice guitar solo towards the end
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-05 7:52 PM
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

King Snarf said:

Shaken- Eddie Money

Wow, a new Eddie Money song.
I wonder if it sounds anything like Shakin!

That's how IGN spelled it; yell at them.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 2:40 AM
Fuck you!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 2:41 AM
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 2:46 AM
He'll go blind!!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 2:53 AM
Go fuck yourself!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 2:54 AM
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-06 3:02 AM
Fuck off!!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Update: Rock the 80's! - 2007-06-12 4:56 AM
Allegedly, "We Got the Beat" is also slated for Rock the 80's. There are several videos up on IGN.com.
More songs announced! Officially!

Hold On Loosely- .38 Special
No One Like You- The Scorpions
Only a Lad- Oingo Boingo
Radar Love- White Lion
Ballroom Blitz- Krokus
The Warrior- Scandal
What I Like About You- The Romantics
Wrath Child- Iron Maiden

Some damn good choices, there....
We Got The Beat by the Go-Gos is, in fact, confirmed, as is Balls To the Wall by Accept.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Guitar Hero III Rumors.... - 2007-06-13 8:10 AM
Soundgarden, Velvet Revolver, and Queens of the Stone Age have all been rumored to have songs in GHIII. If true, Queens of the Stone Age would be the first Guitar Hero I band to be announced for the third game, joining GHII alumni Alice Cooper, Pearl Jam, KISS, Heart, and the Rolling Stones. Thus far, only 2 other GHI artists have gotten the encore treatment, those 2 being Black Sabbath and Megadeth.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: More Rock the 80's news.... - 2007-06-13 8:24 AM
Apparently, game play videos for the following songs have shown up on youtube and gamespy, and these have all but been confirmed.

Seventeen- Winger
Turning Japanese- The Vapors
Caught in A Mosh- Anthrax
Posted By: rex Re: More Rock the 80's news.... - 2007-06-13 3:20 PM
don't be a bitch sammitch.
© RKMBs