RKMBs
Posted By: Joey From Friends Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 7:03 AM

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5795

Written by Marc Andreyko; Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco; Cover by Jesus Saiz

The solo adventures of Kate Spencer come to a stunning conclusion — but her new life as a dark hero has only just begun! Final issue.

On Sale August 16, 2006

Posted By: Grimm Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 9:24 AM
yep. I knew it wouldn't last. Let the fanboys now start crying for Geoff Johns to "fix" Obsidian's sexual orientation.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:11 AM
I never bothered to read it. Looked stupid.

A couple posters on the DCMBs jumped from each forum and said stuff along the lines of, "Rucka Supports Manhunter," or in BoP's case, "Simone Supports Manhunter," and I could never forget, "Joss Whedon Supports Manhunter." Considering its fanbase consisted of people who tried to say it was good by saying that other people said it was good, that was just more reason for me to avoid it.

What was it about anyway?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:13 AM
a guy who lives in a basement and likes to watch fight club and post hermaphrodite pics on message boards.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:29 AM
Oh, snap!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:42 AM
Quote:

Grimm said:
a guy who lives in a basement and likes to watch fight club and post hermaphrodite pics on message boards.

A guy? I thought the main character was a girl.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:59 AM
The new regime has spoken.
Posted By: Chris Oakley Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 5:55 PM
Quote:

Joey From Friends said:

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5795

Written by Marc Andreyko; Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco; Cover by Jesus Saiz

The solo adventures of Kate Spencer come to a stunning conclusion — but her new life as a dark hero has only just begun! Final issue.

On Sale August 16, 2006

You threw me off for a second...When I saw the heading for this thread, I thought you were talking about J'onn Jonzz.
Posted By: PJP Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 6:37 PM
you were gunna masturbate to the green alien huh?
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-20 10:40 PM
Gobdammit, Oakley. Just... gobdammit.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-21 1:41 AM
Posted By: rufusTfirefly Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-22 11:13 AM
I liked the first few issues of this book, but, it pretty much sucks now...

Was planning on dropping it anyways...
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-23 7:45 PM
I had a look at the first tpb. Decenty quality but not worth buying, I thought - nothing extraordinary.
Posted By: PenWing Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-05-29 9:50 PM
Well, that's one less comic to collect. Seems all I do these days is drop commics that are cancelled because DC refuses to print the good stories. Something about name recognition being all that counts, even the names are hacks.
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: Manhunter Canceled. - 2006-06-22 4:50 AM
As soon as the news broke that "Manhunter" had been cancelled, people began writing in. As a result, the book has received a five-issue reprieve. Instead of ending at issue 25, it will go on to at least issue #30. “Manhunter is un-cancelled, for the time being.”
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=7471
© RKMBs