RKMBs
Posted By: Pig Iran Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 6:59 PM
No more than Five...Thanks to Chewy for the suggestion.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 7:52 PM
Single issues or arcs? Or both?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 7:55 PM
Both, and Original Graphic Novels. You can pick an entire TPB as 1 pick. I'm willing to be lenient for the sake of quality picks.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 8:51 PM
Englehart and Rogers "Dark Detective" series.
Mike Allred's "Batman a go go" story from Solo.

More later when I think of them.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 9:58 PM
New Frontier
Agents of Atlas
Thor: Blood Oath
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 11:10 PM

New Frontier

Loki

Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank

Arrowsmith

WE3
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-26 11:31 PM
Catwoman: Dark End of The Street-Brubaker/Cooke

Catwoman: Selina's Big Score-Darwyn Cooke

DC: The New Frontier-Darwyn cooke

Pride of Baghdad-Vaughn/Henrichon

WE3-Morrison/Quitely

Quote:

the G-man said:
Englehart and Rogers "Dark Detective" series.

They were gonna do another one... but you had to go and jinx it, didn't you?
1. We3 (Morrison/Quitely)
2. Chosen (Millar/Gross)
3. 100 Bullets: The Hard Way (Azzarello/Risso)
4. Kabuki (Mack)
5. Promethea (Moore/Williams)
Pro - was Loki good?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-27 7:03 PM
Piggie, are you reading Cooke's Spirit?
I'm reading it. It's pretty fucking cool... though the Spirit/Bats one shot by Loeb and Cooke sucked ass.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-27 8:29 PM
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
I'm reading it. It's pretty fucking cool... though the Spirit/Bats one shot by Loeb and Cooke sucked ass.

I pretty much agree with that....I would add that the one shot's art was good.
Oh, yeah. But still, it was annoying to see Cooke waste forty-something pages for a shit team-up story Loeb pulled out of his ass.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-27 9:07 PM
I don't even think Loeb phoned that in-I think it was carrier pigeon.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-28 12:41 AM
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:
Pro - was Loki good?

Superb, in my opinion. It's a story told completely from Loki's POV. The art is gorgeous, and by the end, the writer had truly opened my eyes to the character of Thor's half-brother. It's such a genius little story, it should have been told decades ago. PLEASE do yourself a favor and check it out...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-30 10:28 PM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:
Pro - was Loki good?

Superb, in my opinion. It's a story told completely from Loki's POV. The art is gorgeous, and by the end, the writer had truly opened my eyes to the character of Thor's half-brother. It's such a genius little story, it should have been told decades ago. PLEASE do yourself a favor and check it out...

I just read this. Some of the best art and a really good story too...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-31 8:14 AM

Posted By: Grimm Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-31 9:05 AM
Loki's definitely a contender. the art alone was fucking amazing, but the story was damn good as well. it's increasingly harder and harder to find books like that.

damn, I'm gonna have to read it again.
Quote:

Grimm said:
Loki's definitely a contender. the art alone was fucking amazing, but the story was damn good as well. it's increasingly harder and harder to find books like that.

damn, I'm gonna have to read it again.

yup...
Posted By: PJP Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-31 7:25 PM
Kevin Costner - The Gaurdian
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-31 7:35 PM
I had the shop here special order the hardcover for me. Totally worth the $25...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-03-31 9:47 PM
Quote:

PJP said:
Kevin Costner - The Gaurdian

I'll buy Loki. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Carnyfoke Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-04-10 9:46 PM

Catwoman #17-19: No Easy Way Down, by Ed Brubaker and Javier Pulido

Harley and Ivy #1-3 by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm

New X-Men #139-150: Planet X, by Grant Morrison and Phil Jimenez

Fables #19-27: March of the Wooden Soldiers, by Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham

Seven Soldiers - Zatanna #1-4, by Grant Morrison and Ryan Sook
Posted By: Grimm Re: Five Best Stories of The Past 5 Years. - 2007-04-11 3:23 AM
Carnyfoke for mod!
© RKMBs