RKMBs
Posted By: PJP Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 1:31 AM
Read the first issue today.....yawn. I gotta say I don't understand half the shit that Morrison writes. I guess each issue comes with some of his ejaculate since while he writes he jerks off in front of a mirror saying how much he loves himself.

* the opening scene....what was the point of that....to show how old the Black Glove organization is?

* the shit with the Joker at the end.....what is that supposed to mean. Was he imagining he carved up Robin and Nightwing.....dreaming it....what the fuck. And if he was imagining it, then when it was real time when he was getting an invitaion by the Black Glove to witness the death of Batman why did he really have blood all over himself?

Fuck You Morrison you piece of shit fuck face.

Spoilers.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 2:05 AM
SHIT FUCK FACER!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 3:10 AM
I wouldn't mind Morrie shooting his mental load all over Batman so much if it wasn't for the fact that all signs indicate that its going to end up also staining the far superior Dini 'Tec and the rest of the DCU bat books.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 5:05 AM
im givving it another issue or two...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 5:14 AM
I gave up back during the whole "there are all these bizarre bat-dopplegangers around and, oh look, Bruce got a heart attack and, holy shit its bat-mite" clusterfuck.
Posted By: Whit Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 6:55 AM
maddening
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 7:57 AM
Question: Better or worse than Morrie's last X-Men arc with the talking whale? 'Cause THAT was pretty bad....
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-16 11:11 AM
I'm more disappointed by his circle-jerk filler dialog. Those filler scenes with Robin and Alfred were atrocious in how they made light of the fact that Batman's identity is so well known.

But that stuff was total shit too.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-26 10:03 AM
Remember JLofA #0? I wonder if this is one of the "events" teased in it.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-26 10:19 AM
heh. almost forgot about that. i doubt it
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-26 10:22 PM
Seems like a lot of that has been forgotten. That's why I give credit to Johns, he delivers on the teases.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-26 10:30 PM
Unlike Rob. \:\(
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-26 10:50 PM
Free comics my eye...
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-29 12:41 AM
Batman #677

Club of Villains discuss their method on how to take Batman down, and how it's different than Joker and the rest of the Rogues Gallery. (making his mental strength his weakness, and slowly wearing him down....yeah, that's never been done before ).

Batman brings Jezebel into the Batcave. She tells him that there are better ways to use his money.

Meanwhile, the Mayor of Gotham finds some information about the Waynes (Bruce's parents), and how it relates to John Mayhew, Mangrove Pierce, and Alfred. Gordon is the one being talked to about it, and he's heated.

In the cave Jet begins to notice how obsessed Bruce is about the Black Glove case, and starts to wonder if the Black Glove is him.

As Bruce continues to mentally break down, the Club of villains strike, Bruce faints. (Seriously) Club of Villains work over Alfred, badly.

SPOILERS!
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-29 12:42 AM
wow that is pretty fucking bad.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-29 12:47 AM
 Quote:

Club of Villains discuss their method on how to take Batman down, and how it's different than Joker and the rest of the Rogues Gallery. (making his mental strength his weakness, and slowly wearing him down....yeah, that's never been done before ).

Holy shit. You mean that Morrie actually had the fucking balls to rip off....BANE?!?!?
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 4:33 AM
I just read it........it wasn't the worst story ever. It wasn't great though either.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:07 PM
Pretty much. I do think the way the Club of Villians attacked Batman is interesting. They stripped Bruce of his fortune, burned the cave, and did something to Bruce. I wonder if they attacked the rest of the Bat family at the same time as well.

Also, if you did not already know...Spoiler is back. Stephanie Spoiler, not some imitation. Turns out she and Leslie faked her death, LOL!
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:10 PM
where did they strip him of his fortune?

that stuff with Thomas and Martha Wayne was interesting. He was implying she was a drug addict and Thomas beat her. Could all be fake of course but still.

So all that stuff with the Three Batmen and Doctor Hurt was to lead to this......Doctor Hurt seems interesting why would Bruce have done that all those years ago anyway.

Azrael is coming back

spoilers.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:12 PM
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
where did they strip him of his fortune?

that stuff with Thomas and Martha Wayne was interesting. He was implying she was a drug addict and Thomas beat her. Could all be fake of course but still.

So all that stuff with the Three Batmen and Doctor Hurt was to lead to this......Doctor Hurt seems interesting why would Bruce have done that all those years ago anyway.

Azrael is coming back

spoilers.

With the faked info about Alfred really being his father or something that, that makes him not the heir to the fortune as I understood it.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:14 PM
we shall see.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:15 PM
Indeed.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:21 PM
God, this sounds stupid. Is Morrie trying to win a bet with Quesada as to who can fuck up a character more?
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 6:29 PM
heh....until you said that I had forgotten about Spiderman. I gave the title up after One More Day how is it going does anyone know?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-30 7:16 PM
I ruined your day on the other thread on that topic.

I suspect that we're seeing a similar set of shenanigans here. DC and Morrie are going to fuck up Batman really bad and the hit the reset button during or after the absolute-positively-this time we mean it-final crisis.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-31 1:12 AM

Azrael is coming back

spoilers.

Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-31 1:36 AM
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-05-31 2:43 AM
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-01 1:35 AM
I just wanted to change the name of the thread.
Posted By: Queenie Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-02 2:00 PM
I think Batman is dying from lung cancer.

Smoking is bad for you, apparently.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-02 11:27 PM
QUEENIE! How's MaryMary?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 5:14 PM
Something about this cover to Batman 676 by Alex Ross

seemed awfully familiar to me.

Then, this weekened I was going through some of my trade paperbacks and I happened to see the back cover of "Batman: Child of Dreams:

Heh:

Not even the covers of this series are original.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 5:28 PM
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 6:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

You just gave Rob his newest wallpaper
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-06-03 7:05 PM
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 7:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

Heh:

that actually looks kinda cool.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 7:53 PM
As much as I like Morrison's work, I can't see myself staying with Batman for much longer. I read the last issue and just thought, "lame." I couldn't even muster up righteous indignation.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 7:57 PM
Honestly, I have Batman on my pull list, but I haven't read it in at least 7 months. Other than the Dini written ones, I haven't had much interest. And knowing that the final "Final Crisis" is gonna kill him (or whatever "epic" thing that they plan - I haven't really been following) has put the kibosh on my interest.
Posted By: Black Machismo Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 7:59 PM

could it be possible that this story and the shock ending alluded to by Morrison is to do with us finding out that when Bruce's parents were killed, the trauma caused him to manifest a split personality ie the batman?

I think Jezebel Jet will be killed and this will cause him to regress and be sent to Arkham. This will tie into the badges that we have seen with different characters taking up the mantle of Batman ie Jason Todd, Nightwing, Tim etc

I came upon this theory because of things i have saw and read. One ofthe upcoming covers shows Batmans head 'split' with Bruce and Jet embracing, in the first enstallment of RIP Tim calls into question Bruce's sanity, also, way back in 52 Bruce emerged from the cave in Tibet and proclaimed he had been cured of Batman and Morrison has said everything he is doing with Batman stems from what he started in 52........

or:

The Black Glove is revealed to be Thomas Wayne. The revelation fractures the very foundation of the "Batman" and twists Bruce's already over stressed psyche to the point of madness. Yes Im kidding.

or:

It will be revealed that Bruce is really Joe Chill's son. The Waynes' son died during birth and they were given Chill's son. This causes Bruce to give up being Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Or:

Morrison told IGN that The Black Glove is the head honcho of the folks who want to kill Batman and is an actual person.

I think that person is Bruce Wayne, to be specific, a split personality of Bruce Wayne.

This is how Bruce Wayne and Batman "die," because the stress Bruce has been through recently causes him to fully embrace being The Black Glove.

This leaves room for the new Batman who will take over.
The personality thing works except in one way. He would almost need 3 personalities (Batman, Bruce, and Black Glove).

However Black Glove is, it appears it will be in the long list that knows who is under the masks in the Batman Family.

Also, I wonder could Black Glove be Damien's dad by chance or why aren't the results being shared with Tim?

Finally-would kind of be scary for Ra's to be behind all of this and pay back Batman by "paralyzing him" and locking him up.

or:

He was adopted out when he was 6 because his parents didn't want him anymore, that's what caused the trauma.

He totally made up the shooter in the alley to combat his feelings of abandonment while he was in a state run group home.

Then he killed the Wayne's so his little self-delusion would be true and took their money to fight injustices like the one his biological parents committed and he carried out on his adopted parents.

or:

I still say that Alfred has regressed back into the Outsider and he will be the one behind all of this. Still can't figure out what angle the Joker will play. (Which is good...Joker is always wild.) Morrison seems to be fascinated by the 60's Batman and the return of the Outsider would be something only he could pull off.

or:

THe whole thing seems like a big riddle to me. So I'm thinking Riddler.

Nygma knows who Batman is and would be able to mess with him with this knowledge. He would also make it a puzzle/ riddle for Bruce to figure out.

Riddle In a Paradox- that's what I come up with for R.I.P.

or:

Joe Chill? Or a family member if he really did kill himself?

That's been one of the few parts of Morrison's run that hasn't been touched on elsewhere. I think it would be an interesting hook for a villain. The death of the Wayne's made Batman. Chill dying, or just the act of Batman leaving him to kill himself, creates the Black Glove.

My own idea is that Chill's still alive. He knows Batman is Bruce and he knows that the death of his parents motivated him. He wants to completely kill any reason that Bruce would want to be Batman, so he has Jezebel convince him that he's crazy and has those rumors about the Waynes spread.
Hush still knows Batman is Bruce, and he's supposed to be involved in this story as well. He may not be the big kahuna, but he could definitely be a source of intel for the big bad.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 8:06 PM
You know, "Batman: Ego" had a pretty good deconstruction of the whole "Bruce and Batman are split personalities" thing and why that was a dumb idea years ago.

Proving, once again, that only "real" Batman left is the Dini-Timm-Cooke Batman.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-03 8:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin

that actually looks kinda cool.

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 12:49 AM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
QUEENIE! How's MaryMary?

you know i ran onto them on the interweb a few months ago, scary people.....
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 1:10 AM
You know, "Batman: Ego" had a pretty good deconstruction of the whole "Bruce and Batman are split personalities" thing and why that was a dumb idea years ago.

That all depends.

Batman inarguably suffers from disassociation with Bruce Wayne. But that doesn't mean he's a schizoid.

Ego was Cooke's only good story as far as I'm concerned, but he's got his medical terms crossed. Just because someone has a form of split personality, that doesn't mean they talk to themselves.

A neurotic Batman with a schizm between him and Bruce Wayne is fine and makes perfect sense. A paranoid schizophrenic Batman would be overdoing it.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 1:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
QUEENIE! How's MaryMary?

LESBIANS!
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 3:25 AM
The Bat tiles haven't been much good since an old story called Knightfall.

Just like Supe Titles haven't been much good since Death of Superman story.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 5:00 AM
Dini's 'Tec is good.
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-04 8:18 AM
Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk mad Moderator conservative hack
15000+ posts Wed Jun 04 2008 01:09 AM Viewing list of forums
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-06-07 7:55 AM
I dropped all Batman related titles aside from 'Tec this week. Fuck it.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 9:51 PM
In the latest...

They doped up Batman, beat up Alfred, had Nightwing commited, have Robin on the run, took over the cave, and now Bats is tripping and most likely living out a flashback from a "mystery" he had while he was in the sensory deprivation chamber.

SPOILERS!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-07-03 9:54 PM
QUEENIE! How's MaryMary?

LESBIANS!

i cannot find the link, i found them through stumbleupon by accident. their doing that wierd goth/lesbian/selfhate shit....the lesbian part is cool though...
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 9:54 PM
It is almost unreadable. This is beyond stupid. I really should just drop all titles until this and Final Shitisis sre over with.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-07-03 9:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
I dropped all Batman related titles aside from 'Tec this week. Fuck it.

Unfortunately, it appears that 'Tec is going to start carrying this story also. So I dropped that too.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 10:06 PM
It is almost unreadable. This is beyond stupid.

i thought you were writing a review of rob's blog!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 10:13 PM
That's why we have MisterJLA.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 10:15 PM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-03 10:18 PM
the first two issues i liked. this one was way out there though. get it together morrison!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-07-03 10:40 PM
QUEENIE! How's MaryMary?

LESBIANS!

i cannot find the link, i found them through stumbleupon by accident. their doing that wierd goth/lesbian/selfhate shit....the lesbian part is cool though...

Lesbians.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman RIPoff - 2008-07-03 11:02 PM
Posted By: THE Bastard Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-04 12:21 AM
It is almost unreadable. This is beyond stupid. I really should just drop all titles until this and Final Shitisis sre over with.

"almost"...?

I don't know where Morrison is going with this and homestly, I don't want to know. My problem is I have Batman and 'tec complete runs going back about 30+ years so it becomes problematic for me to drop those books.

I've weathered bad storylines before so I guess I'm in for the long haul.

Don't have to like it, though...
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-04 12:33 AM
Buy action comics, it's more worth your money.
Posted By: THE Bastard Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-04 12:35 AM
So I've heard. I'm not big on Supes so I'll get that in trades. Any idea when the Legion Storyline will be collected?
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-04 12:42 AM
Later this month, it's well worth it. I think this current arc with Frank will be a lot better.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-11 4:15 AM
Read the issue today with Hush in it and it was horrible. Thanks DC for ruining one of the last comics I truly enjoyed!
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 3:41 PM
Finally got my comics yesterday. Read Batman RIP. What the fuck is going on? Did I miss an issue? The last one I remember had Bruce suffer a meltdown in front of his chick. Then he's a bum and the Club of Villains have taken over the Batcave and took turns molesting Alfred. Then he makes a costume out of homeless pelts and declares himself the Batman of En Saban Nur, or someshit. What the fuck has Morrison been ODing on while writing?

Meanwhile, over in Detective, Hush is back. He's taken over a run down hospital, populated it with bums and zombies, and has become a cutter as part of his nefarious plan to protect Bruce from the Club of Villains until he, himself, can destroy Batman. Taken by itself, it's not that bad, although Dustin Nguyen's art (sp?) is fucking atrocious in this issue.

However, these books contradict each other horribly when taken together. Don't Morrison and Dini have the same editor? Shouldn't they, y'know, discuss these type of storylines? I dropped about 12 titles yesterday and have no problem cutting two more loose if all they're gonna give me is unreadable shit.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 3:50 PM
Editors? What are these "editors" of which you speak?

Joe, Joe, Joe...haven't you figured it out? The role of a "editor" at DC and Marvel these days isnt to improve the quality of art or writing. It's to attract "top talent". They're basically the equivalent to a scout in baseball, or a casting director in Hollywood.

The only ones with the authority to make changes to stuff from the "top talent" are the donkeyfucker and goatfucker and even then the changes are less about insuring consistency or quality and more about imposing their 'vision' for what the result of the lastest massive crossover should be.

Somewhere Julie Schwartz is spinning in his grave.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 5:00 PM
Didio's actually forcing Dini to acknowledge what Morrison is doing. Didio tried to pull the same crap with Dixon in Robin and Outsiders and he said no, effectively getting Dixon fired.

Anyway, it's no wonder Dini's writing would be less than comprehensible.

As for Morrison himself: Supposedly this arc is being used as a setup that will claim this "Dr. Hurt" planted some kind of suggestion in Batman that would send his equanimity into turmoil (hence the wacky delusions) and Batman's memory along with it. While the past 20 some years don't cease to exist in continuity, Batman is going to feel like he's back in the fifties with none of the defining moments from the 80s and 90s.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 5:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Supposedly this arc is being used as a setup that will claim this "Dr. Hurt" planted some kind of suggestion in Batman that would send his equanimity into turmoil (hence the wacky delusions) and Batman's memory along with it. While the past 20 some years don't cease to exist in continuity, Batman is going to feel like he's back in the fifties with none of the defining moments from the 80s and 90s.

Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 5:14 PM
Yeah.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 5:21 PM
Well THAT'LL save me another $6 per month.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-14 5:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Then he's a bum and the Club of Villains have taken over the Batcave and took turns molesting Alfred. Then he makes a costume out of homeless pelts and declares himself the Batman of En Saban Nur, or someshit.

You know, for the life of me, the more I read this, the more it sounds like something that would happen to Stan on an episode of "American Dad".
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-15 7:19 AM
Jeremy happy Moderator Hangin' out like double D's
10000+ posts Tue Jul 15 2008 12:17 AM Reading a post
Forum: Comic Books
Thread: Batman RIP
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-15 7:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
Then he's a bum and the Club of Villains have taken over the Batcave and took turns molesting Alfred. Then he makes a costume out of homeless pelts and declares himself the Batman of En Saban Nur, or someshit.

You know, for the life of me, the more I read this, the more it sounds like something that would happen to Stan on an episode of "American Dad".

Sweet Sally Struthers!!!!
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-15 7:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man innocent User Meet Christian Singles in your city.
10000+ posts Tue Jul 15 2008 12:19 AM Reading a post
Posted By: iggy Re: Batman RIP - 2008-07-16 10:47 AM
An intro to the Batman of Zur En Arhh:

http://planetzor.blogspot.com/2007/10/batman-of-zur-en-arrh.html

What the fuck this has to do with RIP and why Bat-Mite was in that final splash page is beyond me, though.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 4:11 AM
So I read 679 today and it was actually somewhat enjoyable/readable. I see where he is going with all this now. But quite honestly it's still really stupid. I think he is doing himself a disservice by including the Joker in this story line. (who by the way now looks like the Ledger Movie Joker) The Joker doen't need to be in every major crossover. Dr. Hurt is a stupid character. Now that Bruce has become the Batman of Zur En Arhh he is ruthless. he beat the confession out of one of Hurt's henchmen and it was made to look very brutal. The whole thing with the Waynes is stupid and obviously not going anywhere.
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 4:31 AM
Ultimate Jaburg53 cool Moderator Asshole Extraordinaire
15000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 09:29 PM Reading a post
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:03 AM
So I read 679 today and it was actually somewhat enjoyable/readable. I see where he is going with all this now. But quite honestly it's still really stupid. I think he is doing himself a disservice by including the Joker in this story line. (who by the way now looks like the Ledger Movie Joker) The Joker doen't need to be in every major crossover. Dr. Hurt is a stupid character. Now that Bruce has become the Batman of Zur En Arhh he is ruthless. he beat the confession out of one of Hurt's henchmen and it was made to look very brutal. The whole thing with the Waynes is stupid and obviously not going anywhere.

post new joker pics plz.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:32 AM
Posted By: The Dread Pirate Westley Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:33 AM
I must have laughed for an hour straight the first time I saw the Joker's Boner collection.
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:38 AM
Joe Mama bitter User Breaker Of Halotard
15000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 10:38 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Batman RIP
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: The Dread Pirate Westley
I must have laughed for an hour straight the first time I saw the Joker's Boner collection.

And yet you didn't notice the Adam's Apple?
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:40 AM
Glacier16 ass-kicky User 4000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 10:39 PM Reading a post
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:40 AM
The New Adventures of Old PJP annoyed Moderator And here we ....go!
15000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 10:39 PM Reading a post
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:41 AM
Get some fucking help loser.
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:42 AM
The New Adventures of Old PJP annoyed Moderator And here we ....go!
15000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 10:41 PM Reading a post
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:42 AM
Get some fucking help loser.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:43 AM
Nice muffins!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:44 AM

Although I don't mind the Joker being in it.
Posted By: the Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 5:44 AM
Jeremy happy Moderator Hangin' out like double D's
10000+ posts Wed Aug 13 2008 10:43 PM Reading a post
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 6:17 AM

Unfortunately, he's not talking about the comic book, folks.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 7:33 AM
"folks?"
wow, you are old.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 8:11 AM

Unfortunately, he's not talking about the comic book, folks.

Yes, it was a long hour we spent together, but I've never had a better reaction to pulling my pants down for someone.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman RIP - 2008-08-14 8:12 AM
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
"folks?"
wow, you are old.

I say "folks." I'm 24. Ray. Ray, I don't understand your maths, Ray. Did you take a class with Penissa?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 1:55 AM
According to Lying in the Gutters:
  • ... just who is writing "Battle For The Cowl?" Earlier in the year, before it was even announced, it was expected by many that it would be Grant Morrison, until he denied it.

Then recently, Fabian Nicieza, author of the soon-to-be-cancelled-and-replaced "Robin" series, stated that Judd Winnick would be the author.

Then Dan DiDio announced that Tony Daniel would be both writing and drawing the series.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 2:00 AM
yeah. in the meantime i thought "heart of hush" was well done...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 2:16 AM
Was "HoH" really a RIPoff tie in? I've heard there was actually little, if any, overlap and HoH could be read as a stand alone story.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 2:19 AM
yeah and it wasn't half bad.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 3:42 AM
RIP is shit. Morrison has finally taken too many drugs!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman RIP-off - 2008-11-18 6:53 AM
So Robin isn't ending?
Posted By: Steve T Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-18 5:56 PM
Yeah, Robin is ending. But it will return in some form after the 6 months to a year that they pretend they are gonna change things. I wish they would just tell good stories, instead of having year or so runs from writers who want to "change the Batman's world FOREVER"
Bring bck Grant and Breyfogle I say.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-19 1:50 AM
and I would at least appreciate and show respect if these companies and writers would put professional etiquette aside and say "yeah, we know we really fucked things up. We'll try and fix it and not shove any cross-over events down your throats for a while." instead of the whole "we're going to back to *insert character*'s roots." and just fucking up the character more with cross over events, killing off old supporting characters without adding anything of relevance to the mythos, and uninspired writing.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-19 4:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: Steve T
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-19 5:16 AM
Grant is overrated. I want Dixon back.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-19 9:42 AM
three cheeres from anyone that agrees with Pariah, ever!

Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-20 9:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
 Originally Posted By: Steve T

Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-20 10:10 AM
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
three cheeres from anyone that agrees with Pariah, ever!

Why do you hate Chuck Dixon Uschi?
Posted By: Steve T Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-25 12:05 AM
I loved Dixon writing the supporting cast (particularly the first year or so of Nightwing) but never thought his main Bat-books were that great.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Batman C.R.A.P - 2008-11-25 1:15 AM
Actually, I think DC should throw some money at Robert Kirkman; I think he'd write a good Bats....
Posted By: PJP Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-26 11:17 PM
Just read the final issue Part 7. I must say it was very very good. It still doesn't excuse the Zaniness that is Morrison but I liked how they brought everything together. Bruce really is the greatest. My favorites....The Joker telling them they are all about to get thrown in to Arkham by Batman and says he is getting out of there. Damian running an ambulance off the road that the Joker was driving ....."That was an ambulance Master Damian."..."What was an ambulance?" LOL I pissed myself. And Bruce kicking all sorts of ass at the end. But my absoulute favorite is Talia sending the Man Bats to kill Jezebel Jet after her invlovement in what appears to be the death of Bruce Wayne. "Who the Fuck is this.....this is a private number"....."What's that sound?"

oh and SPOILERS
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-26 11:37 PM
spoil in more details!

what happens?
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 12:56 AM
AND THE BLACK GLOVE IS:

Warning, Spoiler:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 1:00 AM
I liked the rest of the issue, but the V for Vendetta ending was kind of a cop-out. Maybe if Morrie hadn't raised my expectations by calling this "the greatest shocked in the history of The Bat-Man" (or something) I wouldn't be as disappointed. What's so shocking about the Black Glove saying he's Thomas Wayne and Bats going "uh, no" two seconds later? Unless I'm missing something, I smell a Didio.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 1:23 AM
he was definitely not Thomas Wayne but he was so desperate watching his plan fall apart around him that he was trying to come up with anything he thought might hurt Bruce. I like how Bruce wrote in his journal "at the end of my journey I came face to face with the Devil.....was that fear in his eyes?"
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 1:24 AM
i don't understand what you're talking about!!
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 1:30 AM
Jezebel Jet was in on it the whole time Rob she was Dr. Hurt's partner. When Talia learned of her involvement she killed her.
Posted By: Uschi Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 4:41 AM
Moar jokor plez.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 7:13 AM
No more joke whores for you.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 7:14 AM
No more joke whores for you.

The exploding prostitute gag is ALWAYS funny!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 11:04 AM
So that's it? Bruce is dead? Not like "I'm quitting as Batman" dead?
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-27 6:55 PM
Who knows.

I haven't seen a body.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 4:23 AM
Bruce explodes in an helicopter, but GA already proved that's something you can recover from.
They all die and they all come back. It never last long or ever means much.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 6:50 AM
So who was Black Glove?
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 7:32 AM
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 7:46 AM
The most popular theory is that Dr. Hurt was the Devil, which was actually hinted several of times since his introduction.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 8:45 AM
Who woulda' guessed that the newly introduced retcon-inspired characters would be the mystery villains!?
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 6:51 PM
You guys talk about "black Glove" and I get an ad for "GayEbonyDating.com" again.

So. Teleportation or superspeed save?
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 7:42 PM
Rob, I posted something long(ish) and the board ate it. Someone needs to be fired over this.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
You guys talk about "black Glove" and I get an ad for "GayEbonyDating.com" again.

So. Teleportation or superspeed save?

That's all you man. I'm getting barack obama and leah remini pic ads. Anyone else seeing gay black men?
Posted By: rex Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Anyone else seeing gay black men?

We don't want to hear about your dating life.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:37 PM

Beardguy, assuming he isn't dead.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:42 PM
 Originally Posted By: rex

Least I'd have one. beeyitch.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:45 PM

Least I'd have one. beeyitch.

BAM!

\:damn\:
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-28 11:48 PM
It's like, how much more black could this be? The answer is none. None more black.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-29 12:16 AM
zur en ahhr= zorro in arkham
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-29 12:39 AM
Rob, I posted something long(ish) and the board ate it. Someone needs to be fired over this.

probably cuz you were posting some sorta spoiler!!!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-29 4:30 AM
It was only the last page of the comic, Rob.
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-29 8:06 AM
the boards knew!
Posted By: rex Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-29 9:45 AM
I just read the entire storyline.

Batman went batnuts and is in Arkham. He's not dead, just crazy.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-30 3:10 AM
Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. Untold Legend of the Batman was one of my favourite Batman stories from the 80s.

LOL.

I'm also getting Muslima.com, urging me to hook up with the Islamic woman of my dreams.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-30 11:33 AM
Take the Batman Quiz.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-30 11:48 AM
I'll do no such thing.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-11-30 9:50 PM
Dammit Snarf!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-02 8:02 AM
Remarkably stupid story, not just because the plot is embarrassingly told but because the timing is horrible.

We reach the point where the character of Bruce Wayne is shown, in the right hands (i.e., Nolan and Bale), to be worthy of carrying a story that is both a blockbuster and potential Oscar nominee. We finally have a mainstream comic book character who is shown to be capable of starring in, for lack of better term, literature.

So what does DC do? They "kill off/retire" the character, replace him with one of his sidekicks (gee, never saw THAT before) and appear to shit all over the relationship with his father that served as one of the main things that made the character worthy of mainstream critical and public acclaim...all for a cheap retread "event" that offers nothing particularly new or interesting.

Great work, DC. You stupid fucks.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-02 8:45 AM
Didio wants to take the big three out of the picture to show why the DCU really needs them. It's something that hasn't been done since just before Infinite Crisis, 52, Trinity, Final Crisis, JLA, and I could go on.
Posted By: PJP Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-02 3:30 PM
unbelieveable....that was the whole point of 52. A year without the Big 3 but not a year without heroes!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-02 9:19 PM
So, basically, this is the "new" DC: they've replaced the tired cliches of the past with new cliches.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 9:54 AM
...that repeat every six months.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 12:22 PM
Read the entire R.I.P. thing today.......I had to skim somewhat. I just couldn't stomach all of it.

It was absolutely disgusting.

If ever I wanted to convince someone not to drop acid, I'd force them to read Grant Morrison's trash.

There's crazy and then there's stupid. It's apparent which of these adjectives Morrison strives to characterize himself as, but he's forgotten that they're very close cousins.

Within the process of Morrison spitting on the pages of Batman--with Didio's endorsement of course--they've both engineered the destruction of the literary credibility of one of comics' most critically reinforced characters. Now when someone will try to bring up Batman as a legitimately deep and intriguing character worthy of note in the world of literature beyond comic stereotypes, one need not do much else but bring up Morrison's mass implementation of comicbook cliches and deus ex machina to show exactly how much the past attempts to make him even half way practical as a character, analogue, and/or allegory in the 80s/90s have been ineffectual. Because after all: "Batman's just a comicbook character."

I personally have never cared for such lip-service and never felt it to be a decent excuse for writing any "comicbook character" in such a mediocre fashion that tries to make a story as hokey and outlandish as possible in the interest of trying to make it fit into the genre it belongs to--as if said genre is actually dependent upon Silver Age-esque writing.

I thought 01-06 was bad, but this is even more abysmal than the other arcs forced down our throats this past decade. Until now, I always thought Batman's biggest problem was how he was being condemned to massive crossovers that eliminated the strength behind character individuality, the writers shoehorning the character into situations where his appearance would be uncharacteristic. But this escalated into retcons and the incorporation of writers who drop more acid than God. I long for 1986.

P.S. ComicBookGuy caught me reading this in store and decided that I had to pay for it lest I be banned from the only comicshop in my area. I choose to blame this on Morrison. I realize this may not be the most rational choice, but I just can't contain my resentment.

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF!!!?? WHY!? FUCKING WHY!?
Posted By: rex Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 12:48 PM
Don't hold back pariah. Tell us how you really feel about it.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 1:39 PM
Within the process of Morrison spitting on the pages of Batman--with Didio's endorsement of course--they've both engineered the destruction of the literary credibility of one of comics' most critically reinforced characters.

"Literary credibility"? \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Pariah Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 1:51 PM
See? Now Pro has got Morrison agreeing with him!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 1:53 PM
Go easy on Pro, Keith Olberman's ratings have tanked, he's a in a bit of a depression...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 3:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
Go easy on Pro, Keith Olberman's ratings have tanked, he's a in a bit of a depression...

\:lol\: How long are you going to pout because I won't tow to your opinion, basams? Your obsession with me is obvious, and kind of pathetic...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 3:27 PM
See? Now Pro has got Morrison agreeing with him!

I sold him the acid!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 3:54 PM
Is this where Promod calls "breaking Batman, exposing a dark secret from the past and replacing the character" a "new and fresh" concept?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 4:27 PM
What's wrong G? Did I insult your boyfriend? You sure do come running to his defense at every turn...
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 5:59 PM
Well, Pariah hates it; so that means that I have to read it now. Mxy, give me a good link to a download.... er... 'online comic shop' so that I may 'purchase' this story arc in its entirety.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 6:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Well, Pariah hates it...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 7:11 PM
Not if it's digital.
Posted By: rex Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 7:43 PM
Well, Pariah hates it; so that means that I have to read it now. Mxy, give me a good link to a download.... er... 'online comic shop' so that I may 'purchase' this story arc in its entirety.

Someone told me there's a couple torrents going around with the entire arc and all the back issues it refers to.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 8:00 PM
Not if it's digital.

What about the flashing "12:00"?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 8:20 PM
If it's broke, it'll most likely be flashing, if anything at all, something like h:8E.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 8:28 PM
"h:8E" sounds like "hate" which is what Pariah thought of the story, so it all works.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 8:42 PM
But Pariah hates everything, so it doesn't.
Posted By: Tony Clifton Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-03 9:45 PM
I'm not going to say he's stupid but I can't figure out how else to describe him.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2008-12-04 5:06 AM

I would never do that, dude.

A new issue came out today! :D Sadly, it's apparently Morrison's next to last.
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-04 8:45 AM
Read the hc - fucking excellent!

I did read it as it came out and enjoyed it at first!

I recommend reading it all at once - I couldn't put it down! And when I finished I went back to read parts of it again.
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-04 9:10 AM
explain it!
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-04 10:06 AM
http://io9.com/5099054/
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-05 12:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
explain it!

Batman wins.
Posted By: Rob Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-05 12:43 AM
u! s! a!

u! s! a!
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: Batman R.I.P. CONCLUSION - 2009-06-05 1:06 AM
Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey...

Hey Mickey
You've been around all night and that's a little long
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
Why can't we say goodnight? So you can take me home, Mickey

Cause when you say you will, it always means you won't
You're givin' me the chills, baby, please baby don't
Every night you still leave me all alone, Mickey

Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Mickey
Ooh what you do Mickey, do Mickey