RKMBs
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110804-GothamCancellations.html

While fans are still up in the air about whether or not Batman will actually die at the end of Grant Morrison’s “Batman: R.I.P.” arc, DC has confirmed three casualties for Newsarama.

According to the publisher, the February-shipping issues of Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey will be the final issues of the respective series.

As well as being the final issues, Robin #183, Nightwing #153 and Birds of Prey #127 will end eras for Batman-related titles, as each stretches back at least nine years.

Birds of Prey (which debuted in 1999) is currently written by Tony Bedard and follows the adventures of Barbra Gordon, the former Batgirl (now “Oracle”), Black canary and a rotating cast of DC’s female heroes; Nightwing (which debuted in 1996) is written by Peter Tomasi, and Robin (which debuted in 1994) is currently written by Fabian Nicieza.

The three series – coincidentally all originally written by Chuck Dixon, fleshed out the world of Batman in the comics, showcasing the original Robin, Dick Grayson, as Nightwing, Tim Drake as Robin and Barbra Gordon in Birds of Prey.

The three titles were roughly in the middle of DC’s lineup, sales-wise, with Nightwing seeing sales of over 50,000 copies to comic shops for September, while Robin and Birds of Prey saw sales of 32,000 and 21,000 copies, respectively.

DC declined to say if the series’ cancellations were due to sales, or if the three titles would be replaced by three new titles in 2009.

I would have thought any title with more than 25,000 copies per month in sales was pretty healthy.

I wonder if they are all getting merged somehow?
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-07 9:25 AM
cancelled.... for an ALL NEW FOIL #1 COVER NEXT MONTH!!!!
Posted By: rex Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-07 9:37 AM
Maybe DC is going to have a massive relaunch of their universe?
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-07 10:05 AM
WITH ALL NEW FOIL #1 COVERS!!!!
Posted By: iggy Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-07 10:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
WITH ALL NEW FOIL #1 COVERS!!!!

Ugh! '94 comic memories...

Will these covers be embossed?
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-07 10:32 AM
will they!
with HOLOGRAFIK PIKTYURS!
Oh, right. A "Death of Batman" renumbering.

So. Who will replace Bruce Wayne? And I'm hoping the plan to turn him into a New God has been entirely dismissed.
All three will be relaunched with Johns an Loeb writing them.
Actually Johns might be able to write a decent Nightwing.
Bummer. BOP was a good title.
Posted By: Rob Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-08 9:36 AM
i havent read any comic in about a year's time, maybe more at this point, so i can't really judge for their latest quality. however, all three of these books were really good at a time. have they gone downhill in the past year or so?
Posted By: allan1 Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-08 4:03 PM
Not really,Nightwing got kind of stale but Robin and BoP were still solid readin'.Nothing spectacular but nothing cancellation worthy.
Nightwing was one of the best titles around back in the day when Dixon was the writer...once cunthead Devil Grayson dug her claws into the book, it was terrible. Robin was always a great book, but Birds of Prey never really had the same feeling...
Posted By: PJP Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2008-11-21 5:38 PM
BOP had monets of greatness. JLA was right...Nightwing got shitty when Devin took over but it has gotten much better since then. Robin has always been excellent.
Listen, are you always this stupid or are you just making a special effort today?
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin
Bummer. BOP was a good title.

The final post of Harley. The death of the book must have been too much for her...
Thats fine. We don't need women around here anyway.
Posted By: LLance Re: Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey all canned - 2012-06-02 9:30 PM
But...I always thougt...JOEY FROM FRIENDS...was a big...

...never mind...just too damn easy!
© RKMBs