RKMBs
Posted By: iggy John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 7:21 PM
SPOILERS!
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 7:22 PM
Posted By: the G-man Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 7:33 PM
Wait. They made...John...a black lantern...?!?!?
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 7:56 PM
That's the part I'm having trouble with. He is technically an indigo lantern (see logo on forehead/rank patches on outfit). They can channel the power of the various other lanterns so long as there is one in the general area. I've just gotten the spoilers so far so I haven't heard much on how he was able to channel the black lantern energy, just that he did it.
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 8:06 PM
Kyle and John plan to save Mogo using Kyle's blue ring to free him of the fear impurity. John seems to have gotten used to using the Indigo ring and is able to channel the green lanterns energy against them in combat. Once they reach Mogo's brain they realize that there is still some residual Black lantern energy left from when Mogo sucked in the BL's during Blackest Night. John connects with Mogo's mind and see's the gravity of the situation and decides there's only one way to fix things. He absorbs the Black Lantern energy and creates a Sniper rifle construct and kills Mogo by destroying his core which sends a massive psychic backlash through the GLC and guardians.

DaRevolution @ Gamefaqs
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 9:23 PM
Full Spoilers on all three titles out this week courtesy of Dr. Donald Blake at Gamefaqs.

Quote:
- The new infected rings are already recruiting new members.
- Hal and Guy and fending off the possessed Guardians while trying to drill into the Central Power Battery to get Parallax
- Guy tries out Krona's gauntlet to see if it will help, which Guy describes as wearing twelves power rings, but Hal and Guy get blasted before they can do anything, and Krona takes them away.
- Meanwhile, in the Book of the Black, Sinestro is having some flashback to a battle with a Manhunter on Korugar. He tries to call Abin Sur for help, but he turns back into his old blue and black outfit while realizing he's still in the book. He goes searching for Lyssa Drak through the pages, and each page is a look into the other trapped Lanterns' pasts (Walker and his family, Larfleeze as a slave, Atrocitus attacking Abin, and a prison cell containing Munk and Indigo-1). Indigo attacks Sinestro in her "flashback", asking him where Abin Sur imprisoned her.
- Krona plans to make Hal and Guy into Guardians by using the bandages that turned them into midgets, and he wants them to serve him once the process is done.

Green Lantern Corps # 60 (Part 8)

- Up in space, Kyle and John find out that over 10,000 rings are going out across the universe. John tries to stop the rings with a trap, but they break loose.
- Kyle thinks that if they get close enough to Mogo's brain, he can restore him. Mogo tries to use a vision of Katma Tui on John, but he doesn't fall for it, but allows the possessed Lanterns to catch up with them. Kyle manages to removed the impurity from one of the Lanterns.
- Kyle tries to use a construct of Bzzd to do the same thing for Mogo, but the Black Lanterns he purged last year come back to bite everyone in the ass, and the Black Energy holds them off.
- Krona contacts John and tells him it's too late to stop the new rings, but John decides to channel the Black Energy in Mogo's core and uses it to...

oh sweet damn, John killed Mogo. John does look pretty badass though, with the half-staff/half-sniper rifle.

Emerald Warriors #10 (Part 9)

- We pick where part 7 left off, but because of the events of part 8, Krona and the possessed Guardians are screaming in pain as chunks of Mogo and the possessed Lanterns start falling onto Oa.
- Kyle is PISSED at John. John said there was no other choice, showing the Indigo Tribe's skewed idea of compassion. Kyle tries to pull Mogo's pieces back together, but John teleports the two of them back to Oa.
- Hal and Guy break free and bring the Book and Ganthet with them. Guy wonders how a meteor shower would take out the whole Corps, but Hal realizes that it's Mogo. Flying along, they collide with Kyle and John. Kyle fills them in, and they head for the battery.
- Ganthet wakes up and comes up with a plan to release Parallax: Let their hearts fully embrace the emotions based on each ring and blast the battery open. Hal puts on the orange ring while Guy puts on the violet ring, and they all let out one big blast, but are interrupted by the possessed Lanterns. According to Ganthet, since Guy is wielding the farthest opposite rings in the spectrum, he's their best chance at freeing Parallax.
- Focusing on the thing he really loves (the Corps) and the thing he really hates (the rage inside him), he succeeds at freeing Parallax. The Corps is freed from Parallax's influence, but there's the problem with Guy and the red ring. Kyle uses the blue ring to finally rid Guy of the Red Energy, and all four of them finally put their green rings back on.
- Krona and the Guardians are back up again, with Parallax chained and muzzled by Krona. Now it's the entire Green Lantern Corps vs. Krona, the possessed Guardians, and Parallax!
Posted By: the G-man Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 9:35 PM
Anyone want to place bets on how long until DC decides this is all too complicated, destroys all the rainbow corps except green (and maybe yellow) and leaves Hal pretty much the only Lantern left?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 9:59 PM
Ganthet, just killed Mogo.
Put my ring against his head,
Used my willpower, now he's dead.
Ganthet, the bullshit's just begun.
But now it seems we thrown all credibility away!
Ganthet, ewwwwewwwww,
any way the ring glows
I feel like I'm gonna cry.
Sometimes wish Geoff Johns had never been born at all!
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 10:10 PM
Rumor making the rounds is that the DCU might get a full reboot come September. Almost every book is wrapping up a storyline in August which, of course, is leading to the speculation that a reboot or Age of Apocalypse style story will spin out of Flashpoint.
Posted By: allan1 Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-25 10:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Ganthet, ewwwwewwwww,
any way the ring glows

\:lol\:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-26 1:26 AM
goddamn blacks killing our planets
 Originally Posted By: allan1
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Ganthet, ewwwwewwwww,
any way the ring glows

\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Grimm Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-27 12:52 AM
isn't Flashpoint itself an Age of Apocalypse type story? redundancy department of redundancy! if they ruin Secret Six with this BS, then I'll be completely done with DC.
All good comics get ruined eventually.
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Rumor making the rounds is that the DCU might get a full reboot come September. Almost every book is wrapping up a storyline in August which, of course, is leading to the speculation that a reboot or Age of Apocalypse style story will spin out of Flashpoint.

I'm thinking they'll revamp all the series to #1 or something, but keep the same continuity. Something like One Year Later.
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-27 3:07 PM
I was thinking something like that, too. DC will never have the balls to do a full reboot. I'm guessing Flashpoint will cause some revisions to continuity, and--like you said--they'll be addressed in an OYL type style.

Originally Posted By: grimm
isn't Flashpoint itself an Age of Apocalypse type story? redundancy department of redundancy! if they ruin Secret Six with this BS, then I'll be completely done with DC.

Yeah, perhaps, I should've said something along the lines of Heroes Reborn spinning out of an Age of Apocalypse type event. I don't know. Still probably makes more sense (in a DC sense) the way I wrote it though as I don't trust DC, Didio, and Johns to really have any idea what the fuck they're doing anyway.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-28 5:27 PM
This is why Mogo doesn't socialize.
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-28 10:49 PM
Gravitational forces, you can't explain that!!!
Posted By: Hybrid Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-29 6:25 AM
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
This is why Mogo doesn't socialize.

Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-05-29 6:30 AM
Posted By: appletwo Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-06-25 10:36 AM
What Ray ban sunglasses you like?
They consider vision spectacles with coloured contacts ought to be ray ban 3316 and so they should certainly contain the purpose of ultra violet protection. In fact, not all coloured contacts are Ray ban sunglasses and never all Ray ban sunglasses have ultra violet protection. A pair of competent Ray ban sunglasses ought to have ultra violet coating which could present ultra violet protections. you are capable to appear for that labels about the Ray ban sunglasses. If there are actually “100%UV”, “UV400″, “block all UV”, or “Ultraviolet” about the labels, the ray ban 3238 should certainly contain the purpose of ultra violet protection

ray ban sunglasses ray ban 3404 ray ban 4037
Posted By: iggy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-06-25 4:28 PM
I don't think the Guardians are going to like the Ray Bans muscling in on their sectors.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-06-25 5:55 PM
the guardians are gonna have their hands full, these Ray Bans are competent.
This rainbow lantern shit is ass clown.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-27 6:13 PM
Even in death, his words are made of truth-meat...
Ew.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-27 6:44 PM
I wanted to work in "meat". If you know what I mean...
Smile and nod.

What was the rationale for fucking around with a perfectly good concept? Space cops each with a super weapon. What's with the colour crap?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-27 6:57 PM
Five words: Geoff. Johns. Is. A. Hack.

Have you checked out the new Grant Morry Superman look?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-27 6:58 PM
Oh and did you think Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie was gay as hell? I do, but Rob and others here do not.
I have been away too long. Do you not remember! Rob is gay. So he would like a gay movie.

I haven't seen it myself. Xanadu uniform isn't my thing. I'll watch it at some stage.

Haven't yet seen SuperMorry. Cosmic or psychedelic?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-27 7:46 PM

See this thread: http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1150811/fpart/1

and

http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1153323#Post1153323
Dave is just pissed off that they didn't really introduce a Brown Lantern from Uranus.
So he could eat it.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-28 12:52 AM
There isn't a brown lantern? Seems to me a brown lantern is a natural environment for Parallax the gut bug.

I was going to ask what the different colours do but actually, I think I just don't care.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-28 2:15 AM
yeah, Dave just doesn't give a fuck!
Not giving a fuck is an Aussie thing.
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
There isn't a brown lantern? Seems to me a brown lantern is a natural environment for Parallax the gut bug.

I was going to ask what the different colours do but actually, I think I just don't care.

I think they all shoot essentially the same sort of brightly colored ray of light, only each is powered by a different emotion. I've read a lot of these comics and I'm not sure.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-28 9:14 AM
or maybe you just don't care.
If red lanterns are angry, and green lanterns are jealous, brown lanterns are just plain shitty.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: John Stewart killed Mogo today! - 2011-07-28 4:20 PM
Don't forget black lanterns and their emotion of..... death.
That's very street of Dan Didio. So John popped a cap in Mogo's ass in a drive-by?
It's DC killing off characters before they end everything next month.
© RKMBs