RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-05-25 7:08 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/articl...-crossover-2016

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/25/h...birth-spoilers/
Posted By: Pariah Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-05-25 8:28 PM
That's really stupid.

REALLY stupid.

Watchmen was designed to be a critical commentary on mainstream superhero comics (using the relatively unknown Charleton cast). Not one of its participants would be a serious fit for ongoing serials.

There's no point to one if it's intermixed with the other.

I mean, Dr. Manhattan is the only relevant character that could possibly have any bearing on the DC Universe. There's Nite Owl and Ozymandias I suppose, but even they'd be small, uneventful fish in a very large ocean.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-06-04 5:17 PM
Lol, I think it's a great idea of course. It's obviously created huge buzz for rebirth and Alan Moore is going to be missed at them regardless.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-06-16 12:12 AM
"Let's bring hope back to DC!"

Little boy uses laser eyes to annihilate kitten in Superman #1.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-13 12:46 PM
Next thing you know they'll be producing Watchmen toilet paper. Because we should all be wiping our arses on this work.

Part of the beauty of Watchmen was that it had an inclusive ending.

The badge suggests that that ending is perpetuated.

Besides, can you imagine Dr Manhattan v Superman? Ugh.

The badge comes up in Flash #1 too - Barry Allen and Batman do forensic analysis on it: http://worldcomicbookreview.com/index.php/2016/07/10/flash-1-review/
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-13 5:42 PM
It's a property now. They will use it at their leisure. The original is still what it is. Hopefully they can tell a good story out of it...
These properties if introduced into the mainstream continuity are going to interact with the mainstream continuity characters, naturally.

I can barely comprehend Rorschach v Batman. Ozymandias v Batman leads to one trumping the other which doesn't really work (which is why you never saw Lucifer v Constantine in either comic, and you will never see a Black Panther v Batman comic).

I wonder if this is because of the critical success of Pax Americana?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-14 3:41 AM
Dr. Manhattan in mainstream continuity also gives DC yet another plot device for their overused reality altered/time travel crossovers.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-14 2:55 PM
 Quote:
wonder if this is because of the critical success of Pax Americana?

Simpler than that: DC has been out of ideas for years and "Before Watchmen" sold well enough to justify a crossover.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-15 11:31 AM
Fucking Geoff Johns.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-15 11:31 AM
Not literally.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Watchmen joins the DC Universe? - 2016-07-15 2:05 PM
You're not sposed to fuck Geoff Johns.
© RKMBs