RKMBs
Posted By: Fat Cramer Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2003-06-06 8:56 AM
So far we have a Krypto the dog, Streaky the cat, Comet the horse, Beppo the monkey and Proty II.

I nominate Senor Widebottom's mongoose. Does he have a name?
Posted By: Stuey Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2003-06-06 12:47 PM
Mon-Goose? (Or is that M'Ongoose?)

Then there's Rody the Super-Rat and his Legion of Super-Rodents, including Cosmic Chipmunk, Saturn Squirrel, Lightning Lemming, Gerb-El, Cheddar-Eater Rat, Magnetic Mouse, Phantom Hamster, Colossal Capybara, and a couple of others... to say nothing of the Legion of Substitute-Rodents, which includes Shrinking Shrew, etc. ...

And don't forget Bucky the Super-Beaver, who as an aquatic member of the rodent family, might be part of the Super-Rodents...
Posted By: Bevis Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2003-06-06 1:19 PM
isn't there a superpowered pet rock somewhere around? I think he belongs to Lash or something.
Posted By: StuckupbitchChelsea Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2003-06-07 1:54 PM
Ooh, ooh, may I join? I promise I'll snog that common canine Krypto? If absolutely necessary.
How 'bout the Amazing Spider-Ham?!?!
Posted By: Senor Widebottom Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2003-06-19 2:06 AM
Doesn't Ral Benem own a Ch-ch-ch-Chia Pet?
Posted By: Britannica Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-07 8:22 AM
What about Hooty, Dr. Mid-Nite's owl?
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-07 9:31 PM
Ace the Bathound!

G'nort!

Ch'p!
Posted By: Snapman Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-07 10:06 PM
Also,

Rex the Wonder Dog

Detective Chimp

Titano

General Glory's dog

Tusky
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-07 11:08 PM
And Power Girl's cat! (Does that thing even have a name?)
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-07 11:10 PM
Didn't Wonder Woman have a giant kangaroo?
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-08 1:16 AM
They were called "Kangas"... I don't know why I remember that.
Posted By: Kristogar Velo Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2004-06-08 1:39 AM
So who were the first six posters in this thread, Legion boarders?

Somebody find the Bat-Hombre pic, 'cause he had a horse that had a mask on, like Ace the dog. Because you don't want to compromise the horse's secret identity.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2007-04-07 9:00 PM
Quote:

The 'Mazing Cider-man said:

I miss Cidey...

Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2009-10-17 9:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: The 'Mazing Cider-man

SOUNDS DELICIOUS!
Posted By: Franta Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2009-10-17 9:59 AM
WHERE THE FUCK IS ACE?
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2022-08-10 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by The 'Mazing Cider-man
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2022-08-11 2:46 AM

https://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1214759&

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
Letters in comics, though often written through a semi-literate fog, on other occasions often impress me with their wit, intelligence, explanation of continuity, or just their enthusiasm and love for comics, and on occasion are superbly written.

Some of them, guys like Roy Thomas, Steve Englehart, Marv Wolfman, Len Wein, Dave Sim, Dean and Jan Mullaney, Don McGregor, Mark Gruenwald, Todd McFarlane, Richard Morrissey, Martin Pasko, Bob Rozakis, Allan Brennert, Mike Barr, Kurt Busiek and Mark Waid, it was a precursor of professional work they would do later.

Others, such as Guy H.Lillian and T.M Maple, became famous solely on the basis of being prolific and clever letterhacks.
And many others are just one-hit wonders that are now a part of the comics they loved enough to write to.

I'll start with a modest one I just read in the letters page of ADVENTURE COMICS 363, Dec 1967.

[Linked Image from milehighcomics.com]

Dear Editor:

I have a cat named Streaky who likes to help me read ADVENTURE comics that feature the Legion of Super-Pets -- especially Streaky the Supercat. He pays no attention to Krypto, Beppo and Comet. If you can feature Streaky with the Super-Pets in an ADVENTURE adventure, my cat would love it.
--Charles Dorsett Jr., Walnut Creek, California

( You and your cat will be happy to learn that Streaky and his super-pet pals will be featured in our very next issue. --Editor)

The name isn't "Jerry" but I could easily picture this being Beardguy, who was a hugely enthusiaastic reader of Legion during this era.
Regardless, what a fun letter.

I still miss Beardguy, he would have loved this topic.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2022-08-15 9:50 AM
Anyone going to see the movie?

I'll probably take my six year old.

Good old DC extended cinematic universe. Gah.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2022-09-09 8:09 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super-Pets

A complete roster of the Legion of Super-Pets, and any other critter included in their stories.
I was unaware there was a Legion of Super-Pets movie in the works until you mentioned it.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: Legion of Super-Pets Tryouts - 2022-09-28 3:34 AM

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
© RKMBs