RKMBs
Posted By: the G-man An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 5:26 PM
Writing in the New York Daily News, John M. Murtagh recounts how Ayers' Weathermen tried to murder his family:
  • During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up “a gentleman named William Ayers,” who “was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He’s never apologized for that.” Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called “Panther 21,” members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we’d call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.

I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother’s pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn’t leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS.

For the next 18 months, I went to school in an unmarked police car. My mother, a schoolteacher, had plainclothes detectives waiting in the faculty lounge all day. My brother saved a few bucks because he didn’t have to rent a limo for the senior prom: the NYPD did the driving. We all made the best of the odd new life that had been thrust upon us, but for years, the sound of a fire truck’s siren made my stomach knot and my heart race. In many ways, the enormity of the attempt to kill my entire family didn’t fully hit me until years later, when, a father myself, I was tucking my own nine-year-old John Murtagh into bed.

Though no one was ever caught or tried for the attempt on my family’s life, there was never any doubt who was behind it. Only a few weeks after the attack, the New York contingent of the Weathermen blew themselves up making more bombs in a Greenwich Village townhouse. The same cell had bombed my house, writes Ron Jacobs in The Way the Wind Blew: A History of the Weather Underground. And in late November that year, a letter to the Associated Press signed by Bernardine Dohrn, Ayers’s wife, promised more bombings.

As the association between Obama and Ayers came to light, it would have helped the senator a little if his friend had at least shown some remorse. But listen to Ayers interviewed in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, of all days: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.” Translation: “We meant to kill that judge and his family, not just damage the porch.” When asked by the Times if he would do it all again, Ayers responded: “I don’t want to discount the possibility.”

Though never a supporter of Obama, I admired him for a time for his ability to engage our imaginations, and especially for his ability to inspire the young once again to embrace the political system. Yet his myopia in the last few months has cast a new light on his “politics of change.” Nobody should hold the junior senator from Illinois responsible for his friends’ and supporters’ violent terrorist acts. But it is fair to hold him responsible for a startling lack of judgment in his choice of mentors, associates, and friends, and for showing a callous disregard for the lives they damaged and the hatred they have demonstrated for this country. It is fair, too, to ask what those choices say about Obama’s own beliefs, his philosophy, and the direction he would take our nation.

At the conclusion of his 2001 Times interview, Ayers said of his upbringing and subsequent radicalization: “I was a child of privilege and I woke up to a world on fire.”

Funny thing, Bill: one night, so did I.

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 5:36 PM
So Pro in all seriousness do you really believe Ayers was just and activist?
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 5:42 PM
Murtagh survived the bombing so, under the Promod theory of jurisprudence, no actual crime was committed.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 8:39 PM
It was just a college prank!
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 8:39 PM
And, under the MEM theory of moral equivalence, going on the radio show of a guy who did time for a third rate burglary is the same as having a terrorist as a friend and mentor.
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 8:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I can also say I've been consistent with McCain & plan to do so if he winds up winning the Republican primary. I like him now & I'll like him in '08.

Originally Posted By: the G-man on 02/17/07

Bullshit. You'll be crawling all over yourself to attack him. And build up support for the Democratic nominee. Your record precedes you my friend.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 8:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
And, under the MEM theory of moral equivalence, going on the radio show of a guy who did time for a third rate burglary is the same as having a terrorist as a friend and mentor.

I suppose one should take into account that Liddy didn't carry out his plots to kidnap, kill & firebomb. That just makes it all better doesn't it?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 8:59 PM
I don't think I understand you, you are comparing a Terrorist, Ayers whom admitted to bombings and founding a terrorist group that has killed people, whom Obama launched his career in his home, with G. Gordon Liddy a to bit crook and con artist?

Wow talk about delusional.
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 9:00 PM
Again, you dodge the real point.

McCain and Liddy simply do not, and never had, the same close relationship that Obama had with Ayers.
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 9:12 PM
MEM 101: if he tries the shift the topic to the Republicans it's a tacit admission that he knows his party is wrong on said topic.
Posted By: rex Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 10:13 PM

I suppose one should take into account that Liddy didn't carry out his plots to kidnap, kill & firebomb. That just makes it all better doesn't it?

You're absolutely right. We should start punishing people for what they think.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 10:24 PM
 Originally Posted By: rex

You're absolutely right. We should start punishing people for what they think.

It's already against the law to plot killing, kidnapping or firebombing.
Posted By: the G-man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 10:27 PM
MEM 101: if he tries the shift the topic to the Republicans it's a tacit admission that he knows his party is wrong on said topic.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 10:33 PM
Plots to kill, kidnap & firebomb are acceptable as long as they donate money to McCain.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-05 11:32 PM
fair play!
Posted By: the G-man Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 12:24 AM
Hillary Clinton on William Ayers:
  • Senator Obama served on a board with Mr. Ayers for a period of time, the Woods Foundation, which was a paid directorship position.

And, if I'm not mistaken, that relationship with Mr. Ayers on this board continued after 9/11 and after his reported comments, which were deeply hurtful to people in New York and, I would hope, to every American, because they were published on 9/11, and he said that he was just sorry they hadn't done more.

And what they did was set bombs. And in some instances, people died. So it is -- I think it is, again, an issue that people will be asking about.

It should be fun watching MEM spin this. Will he throw Hillary under the bus for Obama or will he manufacture some obscure reason why it's okay for Hillary to question Obama having a terrorist pal but not for Republicans? Maybe he'll claim it was okay for Hillary to criticise him because it was simply her predicting what those 'wascally wepublicans' would do.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:14 AM
You cut the last part out G-man. Hillary went on to say...
 Quote:
And I have no doubt -- I know Senator Obama's a good man and I respect him greatly, but I think that this is an issue that certainly the Republicans will be raising.

And it goes to this larger set of concerns about how we are going to run against John McCain.

and now that McCain is sliding in the polls it looks like he's going to focus on Ayers more. That's ok but as I pointed out it works both ways & McCain has his Ayers ala Liddy.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:28 AM
except for the fact that most Americans dont look at crooks the same way they look at terrorists. Face it MEM it's only the far left radicals that think Ayers is a college prankster.
Posted By: PJP Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:34 AM
Hearing MEM's bullshit prompted me to donate more money today to McCain's campaign. I still know that on election day all these fucking losers that say they are going to vote for Obama won't go and vote.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:37 AM

Maybe he'll claim it was okay for Hillary to criticise him because it was simply her predicting what those 'wascally wepublicans' would do.

Looks like he went with that option. Predictable as ever.
Posted By: PJP Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:38 AM
You can set your watch to him!
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 1:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
except for the fact that most Americans dont look at crooks the same way they look at terrorists. Face it MEM it's only the far left radicals that think Ayers is a college prankster.

Liddy activities go beyond being a simple crook though. (plots for kidnapping, killing, firebombing) That's something I don't think is cool with most of us either.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Hillary Questions Obama-Ayers - 2008-10-06 2:53 AM
then your wrong, Liddy's past has been poured over by the American press for over 20 years. people have evaluated the facts and opinions, and people in general (im not talking neocons who think he is a saint, or liberals who think he is the devil) think he is an opportunist crook. you can bring his name up a million times and people already have a preconceived notion of what/who Liddy is, it wont change. Also people understand appearing on a radio talk show and launching you career in someones homes are different things. So repeat it if it helps ease your conscience, but honestly your preaching to yourself and the whomods of the world.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Ayers - 2008-10-06 3:04 AM
then your wrong, Liddy's past has been poured over by the American press for over 20 years. people have evaluated the facts and opinions, and people in general (im not talking neocons who think he is a saint, or liberals who think he is the devil) think he is an opportunist crook. you can bring his name up a million times and people already have a preconceived notion of what/who Liddy is, it wont change. Also people understand appearing on a radio talk show and launching you career in someones homes are different things. So repeat it if it helps ease your conscience, but honestly your preaching to yourself and the whomods of the world.

I remembered his watergate connection but not the various plots kill kidnap & firebomb his fellow Americans. Liddy also had a fundraiser at his home for McCain. You may be right about Liddy then again considering that the McCain campaign is now really playing up Ayers it might come up to bite them in the butt.

BTW my conscience is just fine since I've never condoned the things either Ayers or Libby have done. Not everyone on this board can say that.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 3:06 AM
Where did Liddy admit to these things, I'm not saying he didn't I'm just curious to your source?
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 3:22 AM
Where did Liddy admit to these things, I'm not saying he didn't I'm just curious to your source?

Liddy wrote a book about his life including his various plots to kidnap, kill & firebomb his fellow Americans. He's a lot more radical than what I reallized.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 3:26 AM
you read this book?
Posted By: the G-man Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:21 AM
Canada Free Press:
  • While Barack Obama’s friends and supporters in the news media downplay his friendship and business relationship with former terrorist and Marxist university professor Willam Ayers, one aspect of the Ayers terrorism saga that’s totally ignored is his reputation as a cop-killer.

For instance, in Nyack, New York, Ayers’ terrorist group the Weather Underground launched an armored-car robbery that left two Nyack, NY police officers—Officer Waverly Brown and Sergeant Ed O’Grady—mortally wounded. In addition, the Brinks armored-car driver, Peter Paige was also shot to death by the Weathermen.

Quite simply, Ayers’ group of killers left five children without fathers as a result of the brutal and vicious armored car robbery.

Progressives for Obama signatories include Weathermen Howard Machtinger, Jeff Jones, Steve Tappis and Mark Rudd. Machtinger helped author the the mission statement of the Weathermen that called for revolutionaries within the United States to wage a ‘people’s war’ and attack from within. The government would fall and ‘world communism’ eventually would be instituted.

In addition to the New York police officers killed, a 1970 pipe bomb in San Francisco set by the group killed another police officer and critically wounded yet another cop. When given the opportunity to serve on boards and appear at press conferences with Ayers, an up-and-coming politician named Barack Obama jumped at the chance.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:22 AM
this doesnt compare to watergate!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:24 AM
I'm sure there's a picture of John McCain starting his career in Liddy's living room somewhere.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:27 AM
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
5000+ posts 10/05/08 09:25 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: An Ayers Victim Speaks

MEM is like a trained seal. If you post something to a thread about a Democrat he logs right back in to respond. He must sit by his computer all day.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:30 AM
5000+ posts 10/05/08 09:25 PM Reading a post

MEM is like a trained seal. If you post something to a thread about a Democrat he logs right back in to respond. He must sit by his computer all day.

5000+ posts 10/05/08 09:27 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Ayers

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 4:32 AM
you read this book?

I read some of the pages on Amazon. He really did plot those things out.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 4:33 AM
link?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:33 AM

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:35 AM
how does he keep the balls up there?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:38 AM
MEM has a lot of experience with balls against his nose.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:46 AM
5000+ posts 10/05/08 09:41 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: McCain's terrorist pal

Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Ayers - 2008-10-06 5:21 AM
you read this book?

I read some of the pages on Amazon. He really did plot those things out.

was it in novella form?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-06 4:45 PM
I'm actually pretty sure that Liddy did plot all those things during his time in the Nixon 'dirty tricks squad.' I'm equally sure that McCain and he never sat on the board of a voter fraud organization together and that McCain didn't launch his career in Liddy's home.
 Quote:
Free Republic is a moderated Internet forum, activist and chat site for self-described conservatives and nationalists, primarily within the United States.[1]

Quote:
Although it deals with a range of angles on issues of urbanism, City Journal is considered to have conservative leanings.

Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killing Supporters - 2008-10-06 6:29 PM
The article is from the New York Daily News. City Journal and Free Republic only cited it.

And, in any event:
  • John M. Murtagh is a practicing attorney, an adjunct professor of public policy at the Fordham University College of Liberal Studies, and a member of the city council in Yonkers, New York, where he resides with his wife and two sons.

Yeah, I'm sure he fabricated the whole thing about Ayers.
Yeah, I'm sure he fabricated the whole thing about Ayers.

Doesn't stop anyone else who is biased, on EITHER side, and you know it...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killing Supporters - 2008-10-06 6:35 PM
So it's your position that the fact that a magazine may or may not have a political bias justifies Obama palling around with domestic terrorists?
So it's your position that the fact that a magazine may or may not have a political bias justifies Obama palling around with domestic terrorists?

No, it's merely the same smear tactic the Republicans are grasping at, in order to paint him in some nefarious light. How desperate the Right must be! To throw such a big fit over his connection with a 1960's political activist. This is all they've got?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 6:50 PM
You're displaying you own bias. You keep referring to him as an "activist" and acting as if setting bombs and trying to kill people is some sort of peaceful method of protest or college prank.
And you keep repeating the Right scare-tactic of labeling anybody you disagree with a "terrorist", whether the actual truth of facts support your claims. So, you know...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 7:55 PM
Absolutely not. For example, I've never called Obama's pals Rev. Wright or Rezko terrorists. In fact, I mentioned that Wright deserved a certain bit of respect for being a decorated Marine in his younger days.

I call Ayers a terrorist because he is one and that fact has been documented in both the mainstream press and the courts of this nation.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 9:40 PM
it's funny to see Pro not be able to think for himself....
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 10:44 PM
it's funny to see Pro not be able to think for himself....

It's almost as if whomod stuck his hand up Pro's ass and is now moving his lips like a Charlie McCarthy puppet.
Detroit Free Press

Quote:
A federal judge today sentenced a Dearborn restaurant cook to 8 months in prison for e-mailing death threats to conservative TV commentator and blogger Debbie Schlussel.

“I find it abhorrent,” U.S. District Judge Marianne Battani told Mohamad Fouad Abdallah, 40, of two e-mails he sent to Schlussel one minute apart in August 2006.

Schlussel, who lives in Oakland County, is an outspoken critic of what she calls government tolerance of Islamic extremists in the United States. She told Battani that the e-mails, in which Abdallah used sexist and Anti-Semitic remarks against her and threatened to rape and blow her up, had caused her to fear for her safety and become somewhat of a hermit.

The e-mails were prompted by views she expressed on her Web site, http://www.debbieschlussel.com target=_blank> http://www.debbieschlussel.com, about prominent members of Metro Detroit’s Islamic community.

She urged Battani to sentence Abdallah to the maximum 12 months in prison on the misdemeanor charge — interfering with Schlussel’s federally-protected activities. He pleaded guilty in June.

One of the e-mails said Hizballah, a Lebanese group that the U.S. State Department has designated a terrorist group, “is awesome.”

Abdallah, breathing from an oxygen tank, told Battani he was ashamed of what he had done and that he has suffered health problems ever since. Schlussel called the oxygen tank a prop and accused him of trying to gain sympathy from the judge.

Battani ordered Abdallah to undergo mental health and diversity training after getting out of prison. She lectured him about teaching fear, murder and intolerance to his 9-year-old daughter.
if this guy can hold out, I'm sure Obama will issue him a pardon...
Posted By: iggy Re: Whomod's real name is Mohamad Fouad Abdallah? - 2008-10-06 10:53 PM
if this guy kan hold out, I'm sure Obama will issue him a pardon...

Fixed for vile Kapitalist language.
Posted By: iggy Re: Whomod's real name is Mohamad Fouad Abdallah? - 2008-10-06 10:56 PM
That's the good pik.

to bad whomod wanted her dead....
Posted By: the G-man Re:Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 11:02 PM

A federal judge today sentenced a Dearborn restaurant cook to 8 months in prison for e-mailing death threats to conservative TV commentator and blogger Debbie Schlussel.

Should that be "for emailing frat pranks to conservative TV commentator...Debbie Schlussel..."?
Posted By: iggy Re:Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 11:03 PM

Should that be "for emailing frat pranks to konservative TV kommentator...Debbie Skhlussel..."?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re:Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-06 11:09 PM
Should that be "for emailing activist pamphlets capitalist TV pawn...Debbie Skhlussel..."?
 Originally Posted By: iggy
That's the good pik.

Oh \:damn\: ! Thanks for the heads-up...
to bad whomod wanted her dead....

Posted By: the G-man Bill Ayers stepping on a US flag in 2001 - 2008-10-07 1:22 AM
Bill Ayers stepping on a US flag in 2001
  • Bill Ayers stepping on a US flag in 2001.

I believe it's from Chicago Magazine, and it accompanied an article in which Ayers was peddling his terrorist memoir, Fugitive Days.

At the time this photograph was taken, Obama and Ayers were serving together on the board of the Woods Fund. It was in 2001 when Ayers donated $200 to Obama's State Senate campaign fund.

"Guilty as sin, free as a bird, it's a great country" is one of the Ayers quotes in the top clipping.

I thought Ayers' anti-American acts all occurred back when Obama was eight years old?

Granted this isn't as bad as domestic terrorism, but it tends to show: (a) Ayers was openly unrepentant about his past even after becoming Obama's pal; (b) Obama likes to pal around with people who hate America.

Oh, and whomod, et al: since this is from a blog, feel free to pretend the picture doesn't exist. I'm sure it won't be on, say, CNN shortly.
Posted By: PJP Re: Bill Ayers stepping on a US flag in 2001 - 2008-10-07 1:26 AM
he's a piece of shit.
Ayers as well!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Ayers stepping on flag in 2001 - 2008-10-07 6:19 AM
Posted By: the Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 8:02 AM
King Snarf content User 10000+ posts Tue Oct 07 2008 01:01 AM Viewing list of forums
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 2:28 PM
Well, you have all convinced me. Bill Ayers should NOT be elected as President. Well done all...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 10:17 PM
jeez Ayers an dObama are so much alike, Pro thought he was running for President
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 10:56 PM
I'm voting for Reverend Wright!

Cue the line!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 11:31 PM
CNN Finds Extensive Ties Between Barack Obama and Bill Ayers

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-07 11:47 PM
if CNN had waited much longer in reporting the truth, the history channel would have broke this....
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-08 12:05 AM
Due to Obama's terror ties, both domestic and foreign, he wouldn't pass the background check of most law enforcement jobs, but millions of bots are going to pull the lever for the most subversive candidate in U.S. history.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-08 12:07 AM
I really need to change my party registration. Being a democrat is like a great big "get out of jail free" card with the media.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 5:58 PM
McCain Goes for the Jugular in New Obama-Ayers Ad
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 6:52 PM

The McCain campaign is getting truly desperate now...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 6:58 PM
You're still laboring under the delusion he was a fraternity prankster, aren't you?
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 7:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

for every person like you whomod mem and ray that tries to trivialize this there are 2 that feel this is worth being talked about.

show me your friends and I'll show you who you are.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 7:40 PM
by the way the polls have tightened up again.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 9:32 PM
Well, well, well: Ayers' wife, Weather Underground radical Bernadine Dohrn, at one point worked at the same firm where Obama's wife, Michelle, worked.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 9:58 PM
I'M SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:01 PM
OH MY GOSH!! People know each other! NOOOOO!!

Could---...could it BE that THAT'S how they met?!?!

<Shock & Horror!>
Posted By: Prometheus Re: An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-09 10:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: PJP
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

for every person like you whomod mem and ray that tries to trivialize this there are 2 that feel this is worth being talked about.

Then those that think as much should definitely stay tuned in with Fox News and all the rest of the far Right blogs. They will be greatly satisfied.

Quote:
show me your friends and I'll show you who you are.

But...aren't you friends with Rex?

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:11 PM
McCain should be running this on TV.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:16 PM
heh earlier today Youtube was forcing people to login to view it as they labeled it offensive content.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:22 PM
Obama supporters trying to suppress another viewpoint? Wow. That's a first.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:25 PM
There has been a wave of webmasters switching to Adbrite away from google ads because of google's censorship issues. Rob should look into this.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 10:36 PM
I look forward to you and PJP forcing the issue.
Posted By: whomod Re: Sean Hannity: Anti-Semite? - 2008-10-09 10:56 PM
 Quote:
Obama’s Personal Ties Are Subject of Program on Fox News Channel

By JIM RUTENBERG
Published: October 6, 2008

During a weekend of Republican attacks on Senator Barack Obama’s personal associations, Fox News Channel ran a program Sunday that made provocative assertions about similar connections, called “Obama & Friends: The History of Radicalism.”

Sean Hannity, the conservative radio and television host, was the host of the hourlong program, which raised, among other things, unsubstantiated accusations that Mr. Obama’s work as a community organizer in Chicago was “training for a radical overthrow of the government.”

The statement came from Andy Martin, a conservative writer and frequent political candidate who is credited as being among the first — if not the first — to assert in a chain e-mail message that Mr. Obama was secretly a Muslim.

Mr. Obama is a Christian; his campaign says he “is not, was not and has never been” a Muslim.

Peppering his statements with phrases like “in my opinion” and “my view is,” Mr. Martin said Mr. Obama’s political career had been engineered by Bill Ayers, a founder and former member of the radical Weather Underground and now an education professor in Chicago.

Various reports, including ones in The New York Times, have found no evidence that Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers were particularly close, although they have had various points of contact. Mr. Ayers was host of an event for Mr. Obama early in his political career, they served together on a charitable board, and both worked on an educational project financed by the billionaire philanthropist Walter H. Annenberg.

The program was the latest step in the evolution of opinion journalism on cable news. It comes as one of Fox News’s rivals, MSNBC, becomes increasingly liberal, with hosts like Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann advocating against Senator John McCain. But Mr. Hannity’s program on Sunday was notable in presenting partisan accusations against Mr. Obama in a journalistic, documentary format in prime time.

Saying he believed that ties between Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers were deeper, and reporting that Mr. Ayers had been an admirer of the Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, who, in turn, is an acolyte of Fidel Castro, Mr. Martin said, “If you love the Cuban revolution and Castro, and if you love what’s happening in Venezuela with Hugo Chávez, you’ll love Barry Obama — Barack Obama, as he calls himself — in the White House.”

For good measure, Mr. Martin, who made a failed bid to run on the Republican line in the 2004 race for a Senate seat from Illinois that Mr. Obama won, added, “We are basically going in the throes of a social revolution which attempts to essentially freeze out anybody who is not part of this radical ideology.”

The special was shown on “Hannity’s America,” the Sunday night program in which Mr. Hannity does not have to share the screen with his weeknight liberal co-host on Fox News, Alan Colmes.

Mr. Hannity said that Mr. Obama did not respond to a request for comment. Still, the program presented no opposing viewpoint to the program’s thesis: that, in Mr. Hannity’s words, “Obama’s list of friends reads like a history of radicalism.”

Mr. Hannity’s executive producer, John Finley, said that the program was clearly opinion and that the audience — on average 1.5 million to 2 million — knew to take it as such. “ ‘Hannity’s America’ is an opinion show — it’s a show from Sean’s perspective, which is obviously conservative,” Mr. Finley said.

Speaking of Mr. Martin, he added, “It’s one man’s opinion, one of many that was expressed on the show.”

Mr. Martin said he was careful not to present his theories about Mr. Obama as proven fact.

“That is my opinion — expert opinion — if you will,” Mr. Martin said of his commentary on Mr. Hannity’s program. “I don’t pretend to be an exclusively fact-based reporter, though I try as hard as I can to get the facts.”

Mr. Martin came under strong attack from liberals on Monday. Many noted that the Republican Party of Florida decided against backing his bid for the State Senate in 1996 after receiving documents from his Congressional race 10 years earlier in Connecticut listing the purpose of one of his political committees as “to exterminate Jew power in America and to impeach the judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals in New York City.”

Mr. Martin had previously said the documents were forged, and again denied their authenticity on Monday. He also denied harboring anti-Semitic sentiment, saying “it’s peripheral, it draws you away from the issue.”

And when confronted that this guy that Sean Hannity gave an hour long forum to was a Andy Martin, virulent anti-semite, well, Hannity went ballistic.

Talking over your guests is a common FOX tactic but he made a good point. 1 that Walter Annanberg, a Reagan ambassador and a friend to Reagan also sat on this board. And ironically his widow now supports McCain. And as Alan Colmes states in the piece, the board included both Democrats and Republicans as well as William Ayers. But McCain Palin would have all of us believe that this board was some hotbed of anti-American radicalism.

So Obama, sititing on a panel with democrats and Republicans which included William Ayers, a political figure in Chicago education and politics can be tarred with associations but Sean Hannity who invited a guy on a show specifically designed to promote this smear that he agrees with isn't an anti-semite?

But I thought if you sit with someone, you have to agree with everything they're ever said and done in their life!

But wow! So FOX hosts an hour long smear piece with absolutely little to no facts, just b.s. from some anti-semite who has made all sorts of racist and just outright kooky allegations in the past.

This is the Republican Party in the 21st century. It's sad really. What do you say when right wing radicals and racists call you radical and racist?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Sean Hannity: Anti-Semite - 2008-10-09 10:58 PM
So now you champion anti-semitism? you make me sick.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:00 PM
It's scary that, in less than thirty days, there's even a possibility that guy who pals around with terrorists and corrupt foreign leaders might be elected President and the center-left press is less concerned about investigating that than it is attacking and questioning anyone who tries to have a discussion about the issue.
Posted By: PJP Re: Sean Hannity: Anti-Semite - 2008-10-09 11:00 PM
disgusting.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:04 PM
It's scary that, in less than thirty days, there's even a possibility that guy who pals around with terrorists and corrupt foreign leaders might be elected President and the center-left press is less concerned about investigating that than it is attacking and questioning anyone who tries to have a discussion about the issue.

Have you proven it.

Was Walter Annenberg also a terrorist then?

Is Sarah Palin an anti-Semite since she sat in the church pew and then joined 2 pastors in her church who made anti-semetic remarks again, in her presence?

it's funny how the far right wants to hold Obama to standards they don't hold for themselves.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-09 11:05 PM
Apparently, anti-Semitism on the left is a growing problem in Canada. I didn't realize it was in the US too.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:06 PM
it's not about proving it.... although more and more comes out every day.....it's about having good judgement and for many people Obama doesn't have it based on who he thinks it's ok to hang around with.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:09 PM
it's not about proving it.... although more and more comes out every day.....it's about having good judgement and for many people Obama doesn't have it based on who he thinks it's ok to hang around with.

sitting on a board with a bipartisan forum of Chicago politicians and leaders to work on educational reform is not "hanging around".

With that sort of standard it's amazing that you guys haven't pilloried Bush or fOX news for hiring ex Iran contra and watergate felons.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: whomod

Have you proven it.

As noted above, every time someone tries to even discuss the issue, the center-left press shuts it down like some sort of Soviet purge.

It should be noted however, the following facts cannot be reasonably disputed:
  • William Ayers and his wife were terrorists.

Ayers group, the Weathermen, bombed and killed people. They even attacked a nine year old kid's family.

William Ayers has indicated his continued support for his past actions.

Ayers and Obama have a long history of, not just knowing each other, but working closely together.

Obama began his political career in Ayers' home.

Ayers' wife and Michelle Obama also worked together.

Obama's denials/minimalizations of his associations with Ayers have been found to be less than candid.

You can try and draw parallels but, so far, none of your efforts at "guilt by association" directed at the McCain come close to the ties between the Obama family and the Ayers family.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:31 PM
Prometheus happy Moderator Hack in Business
15000+ posts 10/09/08 04:29 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals

whomod content User some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts 10/09/08 04:26 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals

SO happy together!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:32 PM
since you guys share a brain, could you just take turns reposting Olberman's thoughts?
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:33 PM

Have you proven it.

As noted above, every time someone tries to even discuss the issue, the center-left press shuts it down like some sort of Soviet purge.

• William Ayers and his wife were terrorists.

Ayers group, the Weathermen, bombed and killed people. They even attacked a nine year old kid's family.

Ayers and Obama have a long history of, not just knowing each other, but working closely together.

Obama's denials/minimalizations of his associations with Ayers have been found to be less than candid.

You can try and draw parallels but, so far, none of your efforts at "guilt by association" directed at the McCain come close to the ties between the Obama family and the Ayers family.

But see, that's your biased opinion talking. i realize you guys are DESPERATE to stop McCain's slide but as I said, this issue was raised by Hillary Clinton and looked into by the media. In fact the NY Times article repeated that fact. They found specious evidence of this being anything but an acquaintance.

Yeah, you can rail against the media's "liberalism" all you want and more power to you. To believe that then you'd have to believe that the media has been in Obama's pocket all along even when he was an underdog and Hillary was the supposed favorite.

Is it possible to cling to one conspiracy too many? You see deep connections because you want to see deep connections. and raising the issue over and over again isn't going to change the fact that the media saw no there, there when they first looked into it and when they look into it again every time McCain tries to elevate the subject.

Now based on the fact that the DOW pretty much crashed and burned yet again and everyone including you and I are losing their shirts as far as retirement savings go (thanks to tying retirement to the stock market BTW thanks guys!), do you really think most people (besides rabid partisans like you and Sean Hannity that is) really give a fuck about the 1960's and the old stale culture wars you guys still want to fight?

I concede, they've worked as a distraction for you guys many times but this time, it's different. Theres some real serious shit that is affecting EVERYONE right now and William Ayers or the Weather Underground has NOTHING to do with it.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:36 PM
you really do hate America don't you?
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:41 PM
you really do hate America don't you?

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:47 PM

William Ayers and his wife were terrorists.

• William Charles "Bill" Ayers (born 26 December 1944)[1] is an American elementary education theorist and former leading 1960s anti-war activist. He is known for the radical nature of his activism in the 1960s and 1970s as well as his current work in education reform, curriculum, and instruction. In 1969 he cofounded the radical left organization the Weather Underground, which conducted a campaign of bombing public buildings during the 1960s and 1970s. He is now a professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, holding the title of Distinguished Professor.

Quote:

• One of the first acts of the Weathermen after splitting from SDS was to announce they would hold the "Days of Rage" that autumn. This was advertised to "Bring the war home!" Hoping to cause sufficient chaos to "wake" the American public out of what they saw as complacency toward the role of the US in the Vietnam War, the Weathermen meant it to be the largest protest of the decade. They had been told by their regional cadre to expect thousands to attend; however, when they arrived they found only a few hundred people. According to Bill Ayers, "The Days of Rage was an attempt to break from the norms of kind of acceptable theatre of 'here are the anti-war people: containable, marginal, predictable, and here's the little path they're going to march down, and here's where they can make their little statement.' We wanted to say, "No, what we're going to do is whatever we had to do to stop the violence in Vietnam.'"[2]

Shortly before the demonstrations, they blew up a statue in Chicago built to commemorate police casualties incurred in the 1886 Haymarket Riot.[8] The blast broke nearly 100 windows and scattered pieces of the statue onto the Kennedy Expressway below.[9] The statue was rebuilt and unveiled on May 4, 1970, only to be blown up by the Weathermen a second time on October 6, 1970.[10][9] The statue was rebuilt once again and Mayor Richard J. Daley posted a 24-hour police guard to protect it.[9]

Though the October 8, 1969 rally in Chicago had failed to draw as many as the Weathermen had anticipated, the two or three hundred who did attend shocked police by rioting through the affluent Gold Coast neighborhood. They smashed the windows of a bank and those of many cars. The crowd ran four blocks before encountering police barricades. They charged the police but broke into small groups; more than 1,000 police counter-attacked. Many protesters were wearing motorcycle or football helmets, but the police were well trained and armed. Large amounts of tear gas were used, and at least twice police ran squad cars into the mob. The rioting lasted approximately half an hour, during which 28 policemen were injured (none seriously). Six Weathermen were shot by the police and an unknown number injured; 68 rioters were arrested.

Quote:

And?

Quote:

• He served on two nonprofit boards with Barack Obama. Both Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, hosted a meet-and-greet for Obama at their home in 1995,[2] where Alice Palmer introduced Obama as her chosen successor in the Illinois State Senate.[3] However, investigations by journalists concluded that Obama does not have a close relationship with Ayers.

Quote:

• Both Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, hosted a meet-and-greet for Obama at their home in 1995,[2] where Alice Palmer introduced Obama as her chosen successor in the Illinois State Senate.

Quote:

And? Your point?

Quote:

Opinion or fact?

Quote:

Is this really all the Right has now? Biased-opinions and fantasy-evils? Are you so desperate to be "correct" that you have to pull random insinuation and hypocritical standards out of the thin air? Really?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:49 PM
Is it possible to cling to one conspiracy too many? You see deep connections because you want to see deep connections. and raising the issue over and over again isn't going to change the fact that the media saw no there, there when they first looked into it and when they look into it again every time McCain tries to elevate the subject.

Now based on the fact that the DOW pretty much crashed and burned yet again and everyone including you and I are losing their shirts as far as retirement savings go (thanks to tying retirement to the stock market BTW thanks guys!), do you really think most people (besides rabid partisans like you and Sean Hannity that is) really give a fuck about the 1960's and the old stale culture wars you guys still want to fight?

I concede, they've worked as a distraction for you guys many times but this time, it's different. Theres some real serious shit that is affecting EVERYONE right now and William Ayers or the Weather Underground has NOTHING to do with it.

You're a bit of a douche, and far too extreme. But, when you're right, you're right...
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-09 11:53 PM
to be fair Pro the Right has been asking these questions for a year. Hillary Clinton was asking them too. The media chose to try and bury this story. Now we have media outlets other than Fox like Time digging around so I feel better knowing journalists are at least asking questions.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 12:03 AM
Pro, you DO realize that the wikipedia article you're using has probably been scrubbed and edited by Ayers-friendly vandals, don't you?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 12:03 AM
It's fair to ask about his associations, and his decision making process. Yes the economy is fucked, and yes the world is dangerous. That doesn't mean that just because a guy isn't in the same party as the current President he is better. Campaigns are all about promises. It is more than fair to see what this guy was about before he was running for President. Hanging out with guys like Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright doesn't make him a racist and terrorist, but you have to question why were these guys okay to hang with before he was running for President. It seems maybe he is okay with their way of thinking. No that he must choose friends based on political currency, he dissociates them. So who is the real Barack, the guy running for President, or the guy hanging out with extremists?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 12:20 AM
Yeah, not to seriously compare Obama to Hitler or Mussolini, but the defense for both those guys at the time was that they were good for their respective nations' economies.

You can't blindly ignore serious questions about a candidate's positions, judgement or beliefs and focus only on the economy, or any other single issue. That's exactly how countries end up with crooks, liars or worse.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 12:28 AM
All of the biggest dictators and murderers were brought in under populist campaigns and no one checked out their backgrounds. Pol Pot, Hitler, Castro. People have short attention spans, they need to check their history better. To think the US is invincible to this kind of thing isn't being a realist. I go back to the powers Bush grabbed in his last term, he wasn't popular. Wait until someone with a gift for causing people to faint, and telling everyone what they want to hear makes a power grab. By the time anyone realizes it it may be too late. PJP has pointed out the enabling act, these things can, have and do happen. Who you associate with tells a lot about who you really are.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 4:03 AM
to be fair Pro the Right has been asking these questions for a year. Hillary Clinton was asking them too. The media chose to try and bury this story. Now we have media outlets other than Fox like Time digging around so I feel better knowing journalists are at least asking questions.

It's fair to ask about his associations, and his decision making process. Yes the economy is fucked, and yes the world is dangerous. That doesn't mean that just because a guy isn't in the same party as the current President he is better. Campaigns are all about promises. It is more than fair to see what this guy was about before he was running for President. Hanging out with guys like Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright doesn't make him a racist and terrorist, but you have to question why were these guys okay to hang with before he was running for President. It seems maybe he is okay with their way of thinking. No that he must choose friends based on political currency, he dissociates them. So who is the real Barack, the guy running for President, or the guy hanging out with extremists?

Yeah, not to seriously compare Obama to Hitler or Mussolini, but the defense for both those guys at the time was that they were good for their respective nations' economies.

You can't blindly ignore serious questions about a candidate's positions, judgement or beliefs and focus only on the economy, or any other single issue. That's exactly how countries end up with crooks, liars or worse.

All of the biggest dictators and murderers were brought in under populist campaigns and no one checked out their backgrounds. Pol Pot, Hitler, Castro. People have short attention spans, they need to check their history better. To think the US is invincible to this kind of thing isn't being a realist. I go back to the powers Bush grabbed in his last term, he wasn't popular. Wait until someone with a gift for causing people to faint, and telling everyone what they want to hear makes a power grab. By the time anyone realizes it it may be too late. PJP has pointed out the enabling act, these things can, have and do happen. Who you associate with tells a lot about who you really are.

THANK you! That's exactly what I've been striving to hear. These are all very rational points that actually express what you really mean when you just shorthand it with the anti-Obama slurs and mudslinging. Well stated. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

In response, I will only say that I think any sincere link between Ayers and Obama is greatly exaggerated. However, on the flipside, Michelle Obama didn't exactly nail down how close they are tied together when Stewart asked her to quantify it on the Daily Show episode I just watched. She had a perfect chance to come clean or clarify, and she sort of side-stepped the issue. Doesn't convince me of anything, just annoyed me she is either unwilling, or was told not to, shed some real light on the subject...
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 4:10 AM
that has been part of their strategy is to be as vague as possible.
Posted By: the Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 8:24 AM
rex ass-kicky Moderator whomods boogieman
15000+ posts Fri Oct 10 2008 01:22 AM Viewing list of forums
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-10 8:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
However, on the flipside, Michelle Obama didn't exactly nail down how close they are tied together when Stewart asked her to quantify it on the Daily Show episode I just watched. She had a perfect chance to come clean or clarify, and she sort of side-stepped the issue. Doesn't convince me of anything, just annoyed me she is either unwilling, or was told not to, shed some real light on the subject...

For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of Prometheus.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-12 5:34 AM
Who you associate with tells a lot about who you really are.

Quote:
Obama fundraiser, convicted of fraud, spills beans

Jailed political fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko, the Chicago real estate developer who helped launch Barack Obama on his political career, is whispering secrets to federal prosecutors about corruption in Illinois and the political fallout could be explosive.

Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich, whose administration faces multiple federal investigations over how it handed out jobs and money with advice from Rezko, is considered the most vulnerable.

Rezko also was friendly with Obama — offering him a job when he finished law school, funding his earliest political campaigns and purchasing a lot next to his house. But based on the known facts, charges so far and testimony at Rezko's trial, there's no indication there'll be a so-called "October surprise" that could hurt the Democratic presidential nominee — even though Rezko says prosecutors are pressing him for dirt about Obama.

"I think this strikes fear into the Blagojevich administration and the Statehouse Democrats but not into the Obama campaign," says state Sen. Kirk Dillard, R-Westmont, a John McCain delegate to the GOP convention but an old friend of Obama.

Rezko, 53, a real estate developer, was convicted in June of scheming to use his clout with the Blagojevich administration to squeeze $7 million in kickbacks out of a contractor and seven money management firms seeking to do business with the state.

Within two months, Rezko was seen in U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald's office, along with his attorneys.

There has been no official confirmation that Rezko is talking but his sentencing has been postponed indefinitely and both sides say they are going to "engage in discussions that could affect their sentencing postures."

"They never would have delayed the sentencing if he weren't talking — it's proof positive," said Jay Stewart, executive director of the Better Government Association of Chicago.

In addition, attorneys say federal investigators have been questioning Blagojevich contributions around the state using information that only Rezko could have supplied. Finally, courthouse personnel requesting anonymity because grand jury probes are secret said Rezko has been repeatedly brought from his cell to the U.S. attorney's office to talk to prosecutors.

Rezko could have a lot to tell. He has raised millions of dollars in campaign money for many Illinois politicians and according to federal prosecutors used his clout to control appointments to state boards.

But questions concerning Obama's relationship with Rezko linger, particularly over Rezko's role in the purchase of the Obamas' home.

The two have known each other for years, starting when Rezko offered Obama a job after he graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991. Obama didn't take it, but a friendship developed.

The men talked politics frequently and occasionally dined together with their wives.

In 2005, the Obamas paid $1.65 million for their home near the University of Chicago. The sellers wanted a parcel they owned next door to sell on the same day, and Rezko's wife, Rita, was the buyer. At the request of the Obamas, Mrs. Rezko later sold them a 10-foot strip of land to enlarge their lot. They paid $104,500.

The deal took place while Rezko was under investigation and when details of the cozy relationship surfaced, Obama said it was a "bonehead" error to have asked for the additional land because it looked like he was getting a favor.

"I regret it," Obama said at the time. "I'm going to make sure that from this point on I don't even come close to the line."

McCain and vice running mate Sarah Palin have mentioned Rezko little if at all. But Republicans have aired a television ad focusing on Rezko. And McCain aides have repeatedly tweaked their opponent over the real estate deal in e-mails to reporters.

"We're delighted to have a debate on judgment with Barack Obama, who bought his million-dollar mansion in a shady deal with a convicted felon," McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said in August.

Blagojevich, meanwhile, got a black eye from the trial.

One witness testified that Blagojevich talked about hiring him for a major state job while his $25,000 donation to the governor's campaign fund was lying on the table.

Two attorneys testified that Blagojevich hinted that they could get lucrative state contracts if they raised money — possibly for a future White House campaign.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-12 6:39 AM
Yes the economy is fucked, and yes the world is dangerous. That doesn't mean that just because a guy isn't in the same party as the current President he is better...Hanging out with guys like Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright doesn't make him a racist and terrorist, but you have to question why were these guys okay to hang with before he was running for President. It seems maybe he is okay with their way of thinking. ...

UK Telegraph:

• If you compare responses to the Depression in the 1930s, you can see how a rather frightening rhetoric took hold. In his inauguration address in 1933, Roosevelt declared that "the moneychangers have fled from the high seats in the temples of our civilisation". This was not so different in tone from Nazi talk about Jewish bankers.

Hitler and FDR came to power in the same year, and not with very different economic policies. They talked about youth and the harnessing of the will. They used government programmes of public works to restore employment.

The difference lay not only in the characters of Hitler and FDR, but in the systems in which they operated. In a proper democracy, strong leadership can coexist with constraints. By the end of the 1930s, there were no important robust democracies in the Western world, except for Britain and America. Reaction to the slump had favoured dictators. What the Nazis had called their "war for work" had turned out, because it included rearmament, to be work for war.

We cannot yet see the future dictators, but we can certainly see the weakness that gives them their chance.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-12 6:48 AM
sometimes my powers of observation scare even myself....
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-13 12:20 AM
Some Futurists hold that sometime prior to the expected return of Jesus, there will be a period of "great tribulation"[40] during which the Antichrist (Barack Hussein Obama), indwelt and controlled by Satan, will attempt to win supporters with false peace, supernatural signs. He will silence all that defy him by refusing to "receive his mark" on their right hands or forehead. This "mark" will be required to legally partake in the end-time economic system.[41] Some Futurists believe that the Antichrist will be assassinated half way through the Tribulation, being revived and indwelt by Satan. The Antichrist will continue on for three and a half years following this "deadly wound".[42]
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-13 1:01 AM
already the world financial markets are talking of merging control.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-13 1:13 AM
it's scary....the whole paragraph is Obama's campaign promises.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-13 5:47 PM
\:lol\:
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-13 5:52 PM
Posted By: the G-man Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 1:41 AM
 Quote:
BTW is Walter Annenberg a "terrorist"? Just asking since it was (Reagan Ambassador)Annenberg that chose William Ayers as well as Barack Obama to sit on that education board.

No, it no more makes him a terrorist than Obama's friendship with Ayers makes him. However, it shows that both Annenberg and Obama don't have good judgement when it comes to friends.

If Annenberg ever runs for president I'll be happy to criticize him for palling around with Ayers too.
Posted By: PJP Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 4:07 AM
Annenberg is dead. When Ayers got the money from the foundation it was after he was dead.
Posted By: THE Bastard Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 6:52 AM
Hi.

Thought I might post this article here since the BHO thread has degenerated into madness. Those of you who learned to read may actually take the time to do so...and then dismiss it as liberal propoganda.

Do with it as you will...I just thought it was interesting and might provoke some thoughtful discourse in these days leading to the election...rather than the childish, vitrolic, partisan, "yo-mamma" bullshit that passes for intelligent discussion around here.

As a slightly unrelated aside...I was having a conversation with a friend today who identifies himself as an Independent but typically votes Republican. He's voting for Obama and taking some shit from some of his more staunchly right leaning assosiates. My friend reports his buddies are no longer upset about Obama's possible and likely victory...that it doesn't matter if Obama wins...he'll be killed within his first year and we only have to deal with Biden. Biden is more acceptable since he's "a God-Fearing Christian White man". They say that the McCain campaign is so obviously stirring up emotions among the base at such a late date to serve as a dog whistle to the right wing extremists that will take it as their patriotic duty to "kill this communist, socialist, faggy-ass, Muslim nigger".

quote marks denote my friend's exact quote of the words his buddies used.

Whether you agree or disagree, do any of you think that it might be possible?

Quote:

What Right Wingers Mean When They Call Obama a Socialist

By Adam Serwer

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=is_john_lewis_right_after_all

On Saturday, Georgia Congressman John Lewis went nuclear on John McCain, releasing a statement that seemed to compare McCain to segregationist George Wallace. "George Wallace never threw a bomb," Lewis wrote. "He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who only desired to exercise their constitutional rights." The civil rights icon continued, "Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed one Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama."

Lewis accused McCain and his running mate Sarah Palin of "sowing the seeds of hatred and division." He was referring to the angry tone of recent McCain rallies, where cries of "kill him" and "off with his head" have made many people anxious about the potential for violence against the Democratic nominee.

It's no wonder that the tone at McCain rallies remind Lewis of the bad old days. In recent months, conservatives have sounded increasingly retro with their attempts to paint Obama as a socialist or communist. In some ways, this accusation is typical far-right boilerplate. Obama certainly isn't the first Democrat running for president to be accused of communist sympathies. And as usual, the accusations are rarely linked to policy specifics. But the difference with Obama is that, in the eyes of the right, it's not just his political affiliation that implicates him as a socialist. It's his ethnic background.

The hysterical accusations of socialism from conservatives echo similar accusations leveled at black leaders in the past, as though the quest for racial parity were simply a left-wing plot. Obama may not actually be a socialist or communist, but his election would strike another powerful blow to the informal racial hierarchy that has existed in America since the 1960s, when it ceased being enforced by law. This hierarchy, which holds that whiteness is synonymous with American-ness, is one conservatives are now instinctively trying to preserve. Like black civil-rights activists of the 1960s, Obama symbolizes the destruction of a social order they see as fundamentally American, which is why terms like "socialism" are used to describe the threat.

This phenomenon extends beyond Obama's candidacy. The conservative explanation for the mortgage crisis falls neatly into this narrative, too; the country is at risk because Democrats allowed minorities to disrupt the natural social order by becoming homeowners. Never mind that this defies all data, logic, and history, the narrative resonates because it allows Obama, a living symbol of black folks rising above "their station," to become a focus for conservative economic anxieties.

Conservatives, now and in the past, have turned to "socialism" and "communism" as shorthand to criticize black activists and political figures since the civil-rights era. In The Autobiography of Malcolm X as written by Alex Haley, Malcolm recalls being confronting by a government agent tailing him in Africa, not long after his pilgrimage to Mecca. The agent was convinced that Malcolm was a communist. Malcolm spent years under surveillance because of such bizarre suspicions. Likewise, J. Edgar Hoover spent years attempting to link Martin Luther King Jr. to the communist cause. King, for his part, welcomed everyone who embraced the cause of black civil rights, regardless of their ideological ties. This included communists and socialists, but the idea that a devout man of God like King saw black rights as a mere step in a worldwide communist revolution was absurd. Malcolm was a conservative. King was a liberal. To their enemies, they were simply communists.

The feeling that black-rights activists were part of a front for communism and socialism was widespread. Jerry Falwell famously criticized "the sincerity and intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left-wing associations." Falwell charged, "It is very obvious that the Communists, as they do in all parts of the world, are taking advantage of a tense situation in our land, and are exploiting every incident to bring about violence and bloodshed." For the agents of intolerance, things haven’t changed much. On October 9, a McCain supporter told the candidate that he was angry about "socialists taking over our country." McCain told him he was right to be angry.

The right wing continues to link the fight for black equality with socialism and communism. At the website of conservatism’s flagship publication, National Review, conservatives like Andy McCarthy argue whether Obama is "more Maoist than Stalinist," and National Review writer Lisa Schiffren explicitly argued this summer that Obama must have communist links based on his interracial background. Schiffren mused, "for a white woman to marry a black man in 1958, or 60, there was almost inevitably a connection to explicit Communist politics."

This conclusion is one she shares with Robert Shelton, Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan in the 1950s, who declared that "amalgamation is ultimately the goal of the Communist element." (To be fair, these conclusions make a bit of sense: could there be a more perfect vessel for a secret communist takeover of the United States than a biracial one-term senator from Chicago with an Arabic-sounding name? At a Starbucks somewhere, Chairman Mao is leeching WiFi for a quick instant message to William Ayers: "It’s happening exactly how we planned it.")

McCain, a child of privilege who spent the late 1960s in a Vietnamese prison camp, may simply be unaware of the feelings and historical context he has evoked through his campaign’s rhetoric. When Sarah Palin accuses Obama of "palling around with terrorists" and suggests that Obama hates his own country enough to wish it violence, the McCain campaign fuels age-old paranoia built around the conflation of black rights and the radical left. As for McCain himself, his attempts to tamp down the vitriol of his crowds suggest that he is somewhat confused by their response. He wants voters to dislike Obama, but he seems unaware of just what he has unleashed. However, by implicitly invoking the idea that Obama represents a socialist takeover of the United States, McCain is inviting what can only be a rational response from those who would die for their country: violence. What else is a patriot to do when freedom is threatened? Especially when their fears have been validated by no less authoritative a source than the Republican nominee for president of the United States?

John McCain is no George Wallace, and a direct comparison may not be what Lewis intended. Rather, Lewis was expressing concern that the McCain campaign’s rhetoric could lead some of their supporters to conclude that violence is the only rational response to an Obama victory. (This is essentially the position staked out by the Obama campaign, which both rejected the Wallace comparison and remained critical of the "hateful rhetoric" at McCain rallies.) A veteran of the 1968 civil-rights march with Dr. King across the Edmund Pettis Bridge, John Lewis has the kind of credibility on mob violence that John McCain has on torture.

We should listen to him very carefully.
Posted By: rex Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 6:59 AM
People call obama a socialist because he is a socialist.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 10:52 AM
what the Bastards article is saying, is that you cannot criticize Obama without being evil. He is the Obamassiah after all....
Posted By: PJP Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 2:01 PM
I lost respect for the Bastard with that one. We have brains and we decided on our own that we don't like Obama. He is a fucking socialist piece of filth. McCain has done nothing to make people hate him.......THEY HATED HIM ALREADY!

why is it so fucking hard for you guys to understand that? Are we not speaking slow enough?
Posted By: the G-man Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 4:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: THE Bastard
In recent months, conservatives have sounded increasingly retro with their attempts to paint Obama as a socialist or communist. In some ways, this accusation is typical far-right boilerplate. Obama certainly isn't the first Democrat running for president to be accused of communist sympathies. And as usual, the accusations are rarely linked to policy specifics. But the difference with Obama is that, in the eyes of the right, it's not just his political affiliation that implicates him as a socialist. It's his ethnic background.

The hysterical accusations of socialism from conservatives echo similar accusations leveled at black leaders in the past, as though the quest for racial parity were simply a left-wing plot...

This is another good example of the coming chill on free speech under Glorious Leader Obama. Now, you can't even criticize his economic policies without being called a "racist."
Posted By: PJP Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 4:58 PM
If Obama does win the backlash in 2012 may be horrible for Dems. I even fell that he will set race relations back with these little games he and his campaign are playing.
Posted By: the G-man Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 5:10 PM
I don't know. After four years of media manipulation and hate speech laws will anyone report what's going on? Will any credible candidate even dare to run against him?
Posted By: PJP Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 6:15 PM
My gut tells me many Dem politicians in the House and Senate will realize themselves the horrors they have unleashed.
Posted By: Gabe Kaplan's Ghost Re:Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2008-10-14 10:12 PM
Jose and Carlos are panhandlers.....

They panhandle on different areas of town.

Carlos panhandles just as long as Jose but only collects 2 to 3 dollars every day.

Jose brings home a suitcase FULL of $10 bills, drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage free house and has a lot of money to spend.

Carlos says to Jose, "I work just as long and hard as you do but how do you bring home a suitcase full of $10 bills every day?".

Jose says, .... "Look at your sign, what does it say"?

Carlos sign reads, "I have no work, a wife and 6 kids to support."

Jose says, "No wonder you only get $2-3 dollars"

Carlos says... "So what does your sign say"?

Jose shows Carlos his sign......

It reads, "I only need another $10.00 to move back to Mexico ".
Posted By: Prometheus Re:An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-14 10:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: People Other Than The Extreme Right
We have brains and we decided on our own that we don't like McCain. He is a fucking racist piece of filth. Obama has done nothing to make people hate him.......THEY HATED HIM ALREADY!

why is it so fucking hard for you guys to understand that? Are we not speaking slow enough?

There you go... \:\)
Posted By: PJP Re:An Ayers Victim Speaks - 2008-10-14 11:47 PM
you are a disgrace to that avatar.
Posted By: whomod Re: Sean Hannity: Anti-Semite? - 2008-10-15 1:01 AM
 Quote:
Obama’s Personal Ties Are Subject of Program on Fox News Channel

By JIM RUTENBERG
Published: October 6, 2008

During a weekend of Republican attacks on Senator Barack Obama’s personal associations, Fox News Channel ran a program Sunday that made provocative assertions about similar connections, called “Obama & Friends: The History of Radicalism.”

Sean Hannity, the conservative radio and television host, was the host of the hourlong program, which raised, among other things, unsubstantiated accusations that Mr. Obama’s work as a community organizer in Chicago was “training for a radical overthrow of the government.”

The statement came from Andy Martin, a conservative writer and frequent political candidate who is credited as being among the first — if not the first — to assert in a chain e-mail message that Mr. Obama was secretly a Muslim.

Mr. Obama is a Christian; his campaign says he “is not, was not and has never been” a Muslim.

Peppering his statements with phrases like “in my opinion” and “my view is,” Mr. Martin said Mr. Obama’s political career had been engineered by Bill Ayers, a founder and former member of the radical Weather Underground and now an education professor in Chicago.

Various reports, including ones in The New York Times, have found no evidence that Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers were particularly close, although they have had various points of contact. Mr. Ayers was host of an event for Mr. Obama early in his political career, they served together on a charitable board, and both worked on an educational project financed by the billionaire philanthropist Walter H. Annenberg.

The program was the latest step in the evolution of opinion journalism on cable news. It comes as one of Fox News’s rivals, MSNBC, becomes increasingly liberal, with hosts like Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann advocating against Senator John McCain. But Mr. Hannity’s program on Sunday was notable in presenting partisan accusations against Mr. Obama in a journalistic, documentary format in prime time.

Saying he believed that ties between Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers were deeper, and reporting that Mr. Ayers had been an admirer of the Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez, who, in turn, is an acolyte of Fidel Castro, Mr. Martin said, “If you love the Cuban revolution and Castro, and if you love what’s happening in Venezuela with Hugo Chávez, you’ll love Barry Obama — Barack Obama, as he calls himself — in the White House.”

For good measure, Mr. Martin, who made a failed bid to run on the Republican line in the 2004 race for a Senate seat from Illinois that Mr. Obama won, added, “We are basically going in the throes of a social revolution which attempts to essentially freeze out anybody who is not part of this radical ideology.”

The special was shown on “Hannity’s America,” the Sunday night program in which Mr. Hannity does not have to share the screen with his weeknight liberal co-host on Fox News, Alan Colmes.

Mr. Hannity said that Mr. Obama did not respond to a request for comment. Still, the program presented no opposing viewpoint to the program’s thesis: that, in Mr. Hannity’s words, “Obama’s list of friends reads like a history of radicalism.”

Mr. Hannity’s executive producer, John Finley, said that the program was clearly opinion and that the audience — on average 1.5 million to 2 million — knew to take it as such. “ ‘Hannity’s America’ is an opinion show — it’s a show from Sean’s perspective, which is obviously conservative,” Mr. Finley said.

Speaking of Mr. Martin, he added, “It’s one man’s opinion, one of many that was expressed on the show.”

Mr. Martin said he was careful not to present his theories about Mr. Obama as proven fact.

“That is my opinion — expert opinion — if you will,” Mr. Martin said of his commentary on Mr. Hannity’s program. “I don’t pretend to be an exclusively fact-based reporter, though I try as hard as I can to get the facts.”

Mr. Martin came under strong attack from liberals on Monday. Many noted that the Republican Party of Florida decided against backing his bid for the State Senate in 1996 after receiving documents from his Congressional race 10 years earlier in Connecticut listing the purpose of one of his political committees as “to exterminate Jew power in America and to impeach the judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals in New York City.”

Mr. Martin had previously said the documents were forged, and again denied their authenticity on Monday. He also denied harboring anti-Semitic sentiment, saying “it’s peripheral, it draws you away from the issue.”

And when confronted that this guy that Sean Hannity gave an hour long forum to was a Andy Martin, virulent anti-semite, well, Hannity went ballistic.

Talking over your guests is a common FOX tactic but he made a good point. 1 that Walter Annanberg, a Reagan ambassador and a friend to Reagan also sat on this board. And ironically his widow now supports McCain. And as Alan Colmes states in the piece, the board included both Democrats and Republicans as well as William Ayers. But McCain Palin would have all of us believe that this board was some hotbed of anti-American radicalism.

So Obama, sititing on a panel with democrats and Republicans which included William Ayers, a political figure in Chicago education and politics can be tarred with associations but Sean Hannity who invited a guy on a show specifically designed to promote this smear that he agrees with isn't an anti-semite?

But I thought if you sit with someone, you have to agree with everything they're ever said and done in their life!

But wow! So FOX hosts an hour long smear piece with absolutely little to no facts, just b.s. from some anti-semite who has made all sorts of racist and just outright kooky allegations in the past.

This is the Republican Party in the 21st century. It's sad really. What do you say when right wing radicals and racists call you radical and racist?

Well, it turns out Andy Martin is much more than the nut job that Sean Hannity built an entire Sunday LIESreport around, he's also the origin of the whole Obama is a Muslim LIE/SMEAR.
Posted By: whomod Re: The Origin Of the Obama/Muslim LIE - 2008-10-15 1:09 AM
Expose these Republican vampires to the light of day once and for all and maybe they'll finally fucking die and stop trying to poison the national discourse with their constant lies!

Quote:
The Man Behind the Whispers About Obama
By JIM RUTENBERG
Published: October 12, 2008

The most persistent falsehood about Senator Barack Obama’s background first hit in 2004 just two weeks after the Democratic convention speech that helped set him on the path to his presidential candidacy: “Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion.”

That statement, contained in a press release, spun a complex tale about the ancestry of Mr. Obama, who is Christian.

The press release was picked up by a conservative Web site, FreeRepublic.com, and spread steadily as others elaborated on its claims over the years in e-mail messages, Web sites and books. It continues to drive other false rumors about Mr. Obama’s background.

Just last Friday, a woman told Senator John McCain at a town-hall-style meeting, “I have read about him,” and “he’s an Arab.” Mr. McCain corrected her.

Until this month, the man who is widely credited with starting the cyberwhisper campaign that still dogs Mr. Obama was a secondary character in news reports, with deep explorations of his background largely confined to liberal blogs.

But an appearance in a documentary-style program on the Fox News Channel watched by three million people last week thrust the man, Andy Martin, and his past into the foreground. The program allowed Mr. Martin to assert falsely and without challenge that Mr. Obama had once trained to overthrow the government.

An examination of legal documents and election filings, along with interviews with his acquaintances, revealed Mr. Martin, 62, to be a man with a history of scintillating if not always factual claims. He has left a trail of animosity — some of it provoked by anti-Jewish comments — among political leaders, lawyers and judges in three states over more than 30 years.

He is a law school graduate, but his admission to the Illinois bar was blocked in the 1970s after a psychiatric finding of “moderately severe character defect manifested by well-documented ideation with a paranoid flavor and a grandiose character.”

Though he is not a lawyer, Mr. Martin went on to become a prodigious filer of lawsuits, and he made unsuccessful attempts to win public office for both parties in three states, as well as for president at least twice, in 1988 and 2000. Based in Chicago, he now identifies himself as a writer who focuses on his anti-Obama Web site and press releases.

Mr. Martin, in a series of interviews, did not dispute his influence in Obama rumors.

“Everybody uses my research as a takeoff point,” Mr. Martin said, adding, however, that some take his writings “and exaggerate them to suit their own fantasies.”

As for his background, he said: “I’m a colorful person. There’s always somebody who has a legitimate cause in their mind to be angry with me.”

When questions were raised last week about Mr. Martin’s appearance and claims on “Hannity’s America” on Fox News, the program’s producer said Mr. Martin was clearly expressing his opinion and not necessarily fact.

It was not Mr. Martin's first turn on national television. The CBS News program "48 Hours" in 1993 devoted an hourlong program, "See You in Court; Civil War, Anthony Martin Clogs Legal System with Frivolous Lawsuits," to what it called his prolific filings. (Mr. Martin has also been known as Anthony Martin-Trigona.) He has filed so many lawsuits that a judge barred him from doing so in any federal court without preliminary approval.

He prepared to run as a Democrat for Congress in Connecticut, where paperwork for one of his campaign committees listed as one purpose “to exterminate Jew power.” He ran as a Republican for the Florida State Senate and the United States Senate in Illinois. When running for president in 1999, he aired a television advertisement in New Hampshire that accused George W. Bush of using cocaine.

In the 1990s, Mr. Martin was jailed in a case in Florida involving a physical altercation.

His newfound prominence, and the persistence of his line of political attack — updated regularly on his Web site and through press releases — amazes those from his past.

“Well, that’s just a bookend for me,” said Tom Slade, a former chairman of the Florida Republican Party, whom Mr. Martin sued for refusing to support him. Mr. Slade said Mr. Martin was driven like “a run-over dog, but he’s fearless.”

Given Mr. Obama’s unusual background, which was the focus of his first book, it was perhaps bound to become fodder for some opposed to his candidacy.

Mr. Obama was raised mostly by his white mother, an atheist, and his grandparents, who were Protestant, in Hawaii. He hardly knew his father, a Kenyan from a Muslim family who variously considered himself atheist or agnostic, Mr. Obama wrote. For a few childhood years, Mr. Obama lived in Indonesia with a stepfather he described as loosely following a liberal Islam.

Theories about Mr. Obama’s background have taken on a life of their own. But independent analysts seeking the origins of the cyberspace attacks wind up at Mr. Martin’s first press release, posted on the Free Republic Web site in August 2004.

Its general outlines have turned up in a host of works that have expounded falsely on Mr. Obama’s heritage or supposed attempts to conceal it, including “Obama Nation,” the widely discredited best seller about Mr. Obama by Jerome R. Corsi. Mr. Corsi opens the book with a quote from Mr. Martin.

“What he’s generating gets picked up in other places,” said Danielle Allen, a professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, N.J., who has investigated the e-mail campaign’s circulation and origins, “and it’s an example of how the Internet has given power to sources we would have never taken seriously at another point in time.”

Ms. Allen said Mr. Martin’s original work found amplification in 2006, when a man named Ted Sampley wrote an article painting Mr. Obama as a secret practitioner of Islam. Quoting liberally from Mr. Martin, the article circulated on the Internet, and its contents eventually found their way into various e-mail messages, particularly an added claim that Mr. Obama had attended “Jakarta’s Muslim Wahhabi schools. Wahhabism is the radical teaching that created the Muslim terrorists who are now waging jihad on the rest of the world.”

Mr. Obama for two years attended a Catholic school in Indonesia, where he was taught about the Bible, he wrote in “Dreams From My Father,” and for two years went to an Indonesian public school open to all religions, where he was taught about the Koran.

Mr. Sampley, coincidentally, is a Vietnam veteran and longtime opponent of Mr. McCain and Senator John Kerry, both of whom he accused of ignoring his claims that American prisoners were left behind in Vietnam. He previously portrayed Mr. McCain as a “Manchurian candidate.” Speaking of Mr. Martin’s influence on his Obama writings, Mr. Sampley said, “I keyed off of his work.”

Mr. Martin’s depictions of Mr. Obama as a secret Muslim have found resonance among some Jewish voters who have received e-mail messages containing various versions of his initial theory, often by new authors and with new twists.

In his original press release, Mr. Martin wrote that he was personally “a strong supporter of the Muslim community.” But, he wrote of Mr. Obama, “it may well be that his concealment is meant to endanger Israel.” He added, “His Muslim religion would obviously raise serious questions in many Jewish circles.”

Yet in various court papers, Mr. Martin had impugned Jews.

A motion he filed in a 1983 bankruptcy case called the judge “a crooked, slimy Jew who has a history of lying and thieving common to members of his race.”

In another motion, filed in 1983, Mr. Martin wrote, “I am able to understand how the Holocaust took place, and with every passing day feel less and less sorry that it did.”

In an interview, Mr. Martin denied some statements against Jews attributed to him in court papers, blaming malicious judges for inserting them.

But in his “48 Hours” interview in 1993, he affirmed a different anti-Semitic part of the affidavit that included the line about the Holocaust, saying, “The record speaks for itself.”

When asked Friday about an assertion in his court papers that “Jews, historically and in daily living, act through clans and in wolf pack syndrome,” he said, “That one sort of rings a bell.”

He said he was not anti-Semitic. “I was trying to show that everybody in the bankruptcy court was Jewish and I was not Jewish,” he said, “and I was being victimized by religious bias.”

In discussing the denial of his admission to the Illinois bar, Mr. Martin said the psychiatric exam listing him as having a “moderately severe personality defect” was spitefully written by an evaluator he had clashed with.

Mr. Martin, who says he is from a well-off banking and farming family, is clearly pleased with his newfound attention. But, he said, others have added to his work in “scary” ways.

“They Google ‘Islam’ and ‘Obama’ and my stuff comes up and they take that and kind of use that — like a Christmas tree, and they decorate it,” he said. For instance, he said, he did not necessarily ascribe to a widely circulated e-mail message from the Israeli right-wing activist Ruth Matar, which includes the false assertion, “If Obama were elected, he would be the first Arab-American president.”

He said he had at least come to “accept” Mr. Obama’s word that he had found Jesus Christ. His intent, he said, was only to educate.

It's amazing that the same sordid cast of characters always seem to show up like bugs under a rock that gets picked up every 4 years. Ted Sampley is another guy I wrote about recently. he's the guy behind the McCain smears of 2000 andis now working with McCain on the Ayers smears.

Here's my post on that asshole:

a man gets tortured defending this great nation and you mock him. it shows your character, and the character of the candidate you support.

He got "tortured"?

But I thought the types of things done to McCain, the Bush Administration and even you guys on occasion referred to as nothing worse than fraternity pranks.

Shows how relative you think "torture" and the rule of law is.

I also seem to recall that GOP hero and now informal McCain advisor Karl Rove once accused McCain of treason for what he did in that prison. With allegations of spilling secrets then using Ted Sampley of swiftboat fame as a surrogate to infer that McCain was (like Obama now) a "Manchurian Candidate". He accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama. Especially since I seem to recall almost the entirety of the right wing and the Republicans swearing by Sampley's accusations against John Kerry. Including some of the dimwits here on these boards. So based on that trust and legitimacy given to Ted Sampley by Republicans, it sure sounds like someone that the right wing Republicans heed and trust to not be wrong on stuff.

You go to bed with snakes and ultimately you're the one that's gonna get bit.

It seems you guys gravitate to these disturbed jackasses with great frequency and with great enthusiasm in order to swallow their scurrilous lies... Why is that?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: The Origin Of the Obama/Muslim LIE - 2008-10-15 2:23 AM
I thought you were the Obama supporter?
not a supporter of the muslim obama apparently.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-15 3:35 AM
I can't be arsed to read all that. Is whomod now claiming that Ayers never existed and Republicans made him up, or what?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-15 3:51 AM
all I know is that he beats his wife. I'm not really a whomod expert.
Posted By: whomod Re: The Origin Of the Obama/Muslim LIE - 2008-10-16 12:10 AM
Expose these Republican vampires to the light of day once and for all and maybe they'll finally fucking die and stop trying to poison the national discourse with their constant lies!

Quote:
The Man Behind the Whispers About Obama
By JIM RUTENBERG
Published: October 12, 2008

The most persistent falsehood about Senator Barack Obama’s background first hit in 2004 just two weeks after the Democratic convention speech that helped set him on the path to his presidential candidacy: “Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion.”

That statement, contained in a press release, spun a complex tale about the ancestry of Mr. Obama, who is Christian.

The press release was picked up by a conservative Web site, FreeRepublic.com, and spread steadily as others elaborated on its claims over the years in e-mail messages, Web sites and books. It continues to drive other false rumors about Mr. Obama’s background.

Just last Friday, a woman told Senator John McCain at a town-hall-style meeting, “I have read about him,” and “he’s an Arab.” Mr. McCain corrected her.

Until this month, the man who is widely credited with starting the cyberwhisper campaign that still dogs Mr. Obama was a secondary character in news reports, with deep explorations of his background largely confined to liberal blogs.

But an appearance in a documentary-style program on the Fox News Channel watched by three million people last week thrust the man, Andy Martin, and his past into the foreground. The program allowed Mr. Martin to assert falsely and without challenge that Mr. Obama had once trained to overthrow the government.

An examination of legal documents and election filings, along with interviews with his acquaintances, revealed Mr. Martin, 62, to be a man with a history of scintillating if not always factual claims. He has left a trail of animosity — some of it provoked by anti-Jewish comments — among political leaders, lawyers and judges in three states over more than 30 years.

He is a law school graduate, but his admission to the Illinois bar was blocked in the 1970s after a psychiatric finding of “moderately severe character defect manifested by well-documented ideation with a paranoid flavor and a grandiose character.”

Though he is not a lawyer, Mr. Martin went on to become a prodigious filer of lawsuits, and he made unsuccessful attempts to win public office for both parties in three states, as well as for president at least twice, in 1988 and 2000. Based in Chicago, he now identifies himself as a writer who focuses on his anti-Obama Web site and press releases.

Mr. Martin, in a series of interviews, did not dispute his influence in Obama rumors.

“Everybody uses my research as a takeoff point,” Mr. Martin said, adding, however, that some take his writings “and exaggerate them to suit their own fantasies.”

As for his background, he said: “I’m a colorful person. There’s always somebody who has a legitimate cause in their mind to be angry with me.”

When questions were raised last week about Mr. Martin’s appearance and claims on “Hannity’s America” on Fox News, the program’s producer said Mr. Martin was clearly expressing his opinion and not necessarily fact.

It was not Mr. Martin's first turn on national television. The CBS News program "48 Hours" in 1993 devoted an hourlong program, "See You in Court; Civil War, Anthony Martin Clogs Legal System with Frivolous Lawsuits," to what it called his prolific filings. (Mr. Martin has also been known as Anthony Martin-Trigona.) He has filed so many lawsuits that a judge barred him from doing so in any federal court without preliminary approval.

He prepared to run as a Democrat for Congress in Connecticut, where paperwork for one of his campaign committees listed as one purpose “to exterminate Jew power.” He ran as a Republican for the Florida State Senate and the United States Senate in Illinois. When running for president in 1999, he aired a television advertisement in New Hampshire that accused George W. Bush of using cocaine.

In the 1990s, Mr. Martin was jailed in a case in Florida involving a physical altercation.

His newfound prominence, and the persistence of his line of political attack — updated regularly on his Web site and through press releases — amazes those from his past.

“Well, that’s just a bookend for me,” said Tom Slade, a former chairman of the Florida Republican Party, whom Mr. Martin sued for refusing to support him. Mr. Slade said Mr. Martin was driven like “a run-over dog, but he’s fearless.”

Given Mr. Obama’s unusual background, which was the focus of his first book, it was perhaps bound to become fodder for some opposed to his candidacy.

Mr. Obama was raised mostly by his white mother, an atheist, and his grandparents, who were Protestant, in Hawaii. He hardly knew his father, a Kenyan from a Muslim family who variously considered himself atheist or agnostic, Mr. Obama wrote. For a few childhood years, Mr. Obama lived in Indonesia with a stepfather he described as loosely following a liberal Islam.

Theories about Mr. Obama’s background have taken on a life of their own. But independent analysts seeking the origins of the cyberspace attacks wind up at Mr. Martin’s first press release, posted on the Free Republic Web site in August 2004.

Its general outlines have turned up in a host of works that have expounded falsely on Mr. Obama’s heritage or supposed attempts to conceal it, including “Obama Nation,” the widely discredited best seller about Mr. Obama by Jerome R. Corsi. Mr. Corsi opens the book with a quote from Mr. Martin.

“What he’s generating gets picked up in other places,” said Danielle Allen, a professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, N.J., who has investigated the e-mail campaign’s circulation and origins, “and it’s an example of how the Internet has given power to sources we would have never taken seriously at another point in time.”

Ms. Allen said Mr. Martin’s original work found amplification in 2006, when a man named Ted Sampley wrote an article painting Mr. Obama as a secret practitioner of Islam. Quoting liberally from Mr. Martin, the article circulated on the Internet, and its contents eventually found their way into various e-mail messages, particularly an added claim that Mr. Obama had attended “Jakarta’s Muslim Wahhabi schools. Wahhabism is the radical teaching that created the Muslim terrorists who are now waging jihad on the rest of the world.”

Mr. Obama for two years attended a Catholic school in Indonesia, where he was taught about the Bible, he wrote in “Dreams From My Father,” and for two years went to an Indonesian public school open to all religions, where he was taught about the Koran.

Mr. Sampley, coincidentally, is a Vietnam veteran and longtime opponent of Mr. McCain and Senator John Kerry, both of whom he accused of ignoring his claims that American prisoners were left behind in Vietnam. He previously portrayed Mr. McCain as a “Manchurian candidate.” Speaking of Mr. Martin’s influence on his Obama writings, Mr. Sampley said, “I keyed off of his work.”

Mr. Martin’s depictions of Mr. Obama as a secret Muslim have found resonance among some Jewish voters who have received e-mail messages containing various versions of his initial theory, often by new authors and with new twists.

In his original press release, Mr. Martin wrote that he was personally “a strong supporter of the Muslim community.” But, he wrote of Mr. Obama, “it may well be that his concealment is meant to endanger Israel.” He added, “His Muslim religion would obviously raise serious questions in many Jewish circles.”

Yet in various court papers, Mr. Martin had impugned Jews.

A motion he filed in a 1983 bankruptcy case called the judge “a crooked, slimy Jew who has a history of lying and thieving common to members of his race.”

In another motion, filed in 1983, Mr. Martin wrote, “I am able to understand how the Holocaust took place, and with every passing day feel less and less sorry that it did.”

In an interview, Mr. Martin denied some statements against Jews attributed to him in court papers, blaming malicious judges for inserting them.

But in his “48 Hours” interview in 1993, he affirmed a different anti-Semitic part of the affidavit that included the line about the Holocaust, saying, “The record speaks for itself.”

When asked Friday about an assertion in his court papers that “Jews, historically and in daily living, act through clans and in wolf pack syndrome,” he said, “That one sort of rings a bell.”

He said he was not anti-Semitic. “I was trying to show that everybody in the bankruptcy court was Jewish and I was not Jewish,” he said, “and I was being victimized by religious bias.”

In discussing the denial of his admission to the Illinois bar, Mr. Martin said the psychiatric exam listing him as having a “moderately severe personality defect” was spitefully written by an evaluator he had clashed with.

Mr. Martin, who says he is from a well-off banking and farming family, is clearly pleased with his newfound attention. But, he said, others have added to his work in “scary” ways.

“They Google ‘Islam’ and ‘Obama’ and my stuff comes up and they take that and kind of use that — like a Christmas tree, and they decorate it,” he said. For instance, he said, he did not necessarily ascribe to a widely circulated e-mail message from the Israeli right-wing activist Ruth Matar, which includes the false assertion, “If Obama were elected, he would be the first Arab-American president.”

He said he had at least come to “accept” Mr. Obama’s word that he had found Jesus Christ. His intent, he said, was only to educate.

It's amazing that the same sordid cast of characters always seem to show up like bugs under a rock that gets picked up every 4 years. Ted Sampley is another guy I wrote about recently. he's the guy behind the McCain smears of 2000 andis now working with McCain on the Ayers smears.

Here's my post on that asshole:

a man gets tortured defending this great nation and you mock him. it shows your character, and the character of the candidate you support.

He got "tortured"?

But I thought the types of things done to McCain, the Bush Administration and even you guys on occasion referred to as nothing worse than fraternity pranks.

Shows how relative you think "torture" and the rule of law is.

I also seem to recall that GOP hero and now informal McCain advisor Karl Rove once accused McCain of treason for what he did in that prison. With allegations of spilling secrets then using Ted Sampley of swiftboat fame as a surrogate to infer that McCain was (like Obama now) a "Manchurian Candidate". He accused McCain of being a weak-minded coward who had escaped death by collaborating with the enemy. Sampley claimed that McCain had first been compromised by the Vietnamese, then recruited by the Soviets.”

It certainly sounded a bit more substantive than G-Man's blog post about Obama. Especially since I seem to recall almost the entirety of the right wing and the Republicans swearing by Sampley's accusations against John Kerry. Including some of the dimwits here on these boards. So based on that trust and legitimacy given to Ted Sampley by Republicans, it sure sounds like someone that the right wing Republicans heed and trust to not be wrong on stuff.

You go to bed with snakes and ultimately you're the one that's gonna get bit.

It seems you guys gravitate to these disturbed jackasses with great frequency and with great enthusiasm in order to swallow their scurrilous lies... Why is that?

I can't be arsed to read all that. Is whomod now claiming that Ayers never existed and Republicans made him up, or what?

Oh look, the chief familar of these vampires, here on these boards at least is trying to draw the curtains and keep the sun out.

Didn't see that coming. But whatever... the latest polls show that these stupid smears are actually helping Obama and hurting McCain!! \:lol\:

I'll have to start referring to McCain as Captain Boomerang now or something... \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:14 AM
I always thought it was because his mother listed his religion as muslim when he was going to school. That is a fact by the way.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-16 12:15 AM
whomod, when Glorious Leader Obama takes office do you think that he'll make Ayers Secretary of Education or Secretary of Defense? After all, he has equal experience with both books and bombs.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:16 AM
I always thought it was because his mother listed his religion as muslim when he was going to school. That is a fact by the way.

Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:20 AM

Who told you that one/ Ted Sampley or Andy Martin?

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that it is true, what makes you think someone is incapable of converting to another religion and second, what makes you so fearful of the worlds largest religion?

You guys on the right are always so afraid of this or the other. MAN UP already and stop fearing everything not like you or the boogeymen your terrorist commentators try to terrorize you with..
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:22 AM
I saw it on a PBS special about him. In Hawaii you had to list the religion of the kid and up until Grade 5 he was always listed as Muslim. Nobody told me to distrust him. 400 years of Turkish oprresion against my heritage makes me know firsthand what a muslim is all about and that is the end of all religions except theri own.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:22 AM
....what makes you so fearful of the worlds largest religion?....

Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:23 AM
For thousands of years Muslims have wreaked havoc on all the world.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:27 AM
And now one will wreak havoc on the "Great Satan" from within.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:31 AM
Keep it up. By November, Obama should be up 20 points thanks to you nuts.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:33 AM
Good Darth Whomod good!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:33 AM
to whomod 9-11 was a forgettable inconvenience for the liberal world.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:33 AM
Or simply a bunch of "Little Eichmanns" getting their just desserts.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:34 AM
or as Obama's spiritual leader for 20 years says, "America's birds coming home ot roost"
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:34 AM
Good Darth Right wing loons, good!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:36 AM
whomod's wife, if you're able to read this: take the kids and get out. He's gonna explode after Obama gets in.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:37 AM
Good Darth Right wing loons, good!
stop stealing my schtick!
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:38 AM
to whomod 9-11 was a forgettable inconvenience for the liberal world.

It certainly ended up being an incredible inconvenience to George W. Bush after he couldn't fool anyone into thinking attacking iraq had anything to do with it, and the guy who actually did do it still enjoys freedom.

Of course you're one of the morons who fell for it and still continue to defend it.

Oh, I'm sorry.. I forget, that is a sore point for your party. Repeat after me. George W. Bush let osama Bin Laden get away at Tora Bora and then he said that he's not really concerned about him. Since he was more concerned about a revenge and a one upmanship war on his daddies enemy.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 12:49 AM
if olbermann said it it must be true!
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 1:04 AM
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
if olbermann said it it must be true!

Bush said it...

Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 1:06 AM
I'm sorry, are you talking right now? all I hear is libtard yammering.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 1:13 AM
Obama will probably just pardon Bin Laden on the theory that he's just some guy from the middle east who committed a frat prank.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 2:01 AM
if he gets a college degree and is appointed to an educational board, why not pardon him?
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 3:32 AM
Obama will probably just pardon Bin Laden on the theory that he's just some guy from the middle east who committed a frat prank.

Isn't that what you guys said about John McCain's "torture"?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 3:32 AM
you guys?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 3:54 AM
if he gets a college degree and is appointed to an educational board, why not pardon him?

Are you sure Bin Laden doesn't have a college degree? He comes from one of the richest families in the world, after all.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 3:56 AM
He may already be not a terrorist then.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-16 3:58 AM
Well, according to people like Obama, terrorism is caused by poverty not, say, radical religious beliefs.
Posted By: Franta Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-18 9:01 AM
My fav is MCCAIN IS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OBAMA CAMP DESTROYING JOE THE PLUMBER

FUCK

Obama hangs with a "scholar'
who was terrorist who clearly stated I SHOULD HAVE BOMBED MORE

McCain says hey I wannna help a stranger
and oooops he didnt pay taxes

The media is wrong to judge Obama even though ALL EVIDENCE SHOWS despite Obamas denial that he acualy began his campaign at this "ex"terrorist" house.

If Charles Manson gets paroled today.....does it make a difference his crime commited were before I was born if I invite him in my house to discuss how my children's school PTA should be run?!?!?!?!?!
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-18 10:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: Franta
My fav is MCCAIN IS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OBAMA CAMP DESTROYING JOE THE PLUMBER

Um... wasn't it McCain that brought him up? As for the "Obama camp", "destroying" him, that was the media looking into who the fuck this guy that John McCain brought up over 20 times during the debate, was. It's shameless that McCain now blames Obama for this guys notoriety. It's funny though that this guy who happily parrots right wing talking points would actually benefit from obama's tax cuts. And even if any of that horseshit he was saying about starting his own business was true, he'd still benefit from obama's tax cuts.

Quote:
FUCK

Obama hangs with a "scholar'
who was terrorist who clearly stated I SHOULD HAVE BOMBED MORE

That is an outright lie from the right. Ayers never said that. To be clear, Ayres never said as Republicans are now quoting him, that he wished he had undertaken more bombings 40 years ago. But, rather, he said he wished he had done more to stop the Vietnam war

Quote:
The media is wrong to judge Obama even though ALL EVIDENCE SHOWS despite Obamas denial that he acualy began his campaign at this "ex"terrorist" house.

Here's the facts and not the right wing spin. In 1995, when Obama was running for state senator, the retiring incumbent, Alice Palmer, shuttled him around the district to make introductions. One of those meetings arranged by Palmer took place in Ayres' home. In my experience, a novice candidate for state senate would meet with a homeless person in his cardboard box if he was invited in. This is not the stuff of a terrorist cabal. It would be just as true to say that, “Obama had a long association with prominent members of the Chicago Republican establishment with connections to the Nixon and Reagan administrations and his political career was launched with their money.”

Quote:
If Charles Manson gets paroled today.....does it make a difference his crime commited were before I was born if I invite him in my house to discuss how my children's school PTA should be run?!?!?!?!?!

The New York Times has investigated the relationship between Obama and Ayres (including the archives of the Chicago Annenberg project) and concluded, “the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called “somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8”.”

There is nothing suspect or inappropriate about the casual association between Obama and Ayres. This is a guy, after all, who received the Citizen of the Year Award in Chicago in 1997. As for him being "unrepentant" that also is a lie. He expressed remorse for his Weather Underground activities in a recent book he wrote a few years ago. But of course the right casually and deliberately omit that fact.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-18 11:05 PM
So, according to whomod, if a politician cites the problems of an ordinary citizen in dealing with the government, the press and government are well within their rights to violate that person's privacy, try to get him fired and, generally make his life miserable simply for having an opinion that casts aspertions on the Glorious Leader Obama.

And, rather than fault of the people who try to destroy the ordinary citizen, it's the fault of the politician who tried to publicize that citizen's plight.

Got it.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-18 11:18 PM
So, according to whomod, if a politician cites the problems of an ordinary citizen in dealing with the government, the press and government are well within their rights to violate that person's privacy, try to get him fired and, generally make his life miserable simply for having an opinion that casts aspertions on the Glorious Leader Obama.

And, rather than fault of the people who try to destroy the ordinary citizen, it's the fault of the politician who tried to publicize that citizen's plight.

Got it.

No. they did none of that. "Joe the plumber" did all that himself by making himself the willing tool of the right by going to an obama rally and challenging him with outright lies and thus catching the attention of John McCain who also wanted to make him a tool of his. The media simply hopped on on account of McCain mentioning him over 20 times and found out most of his story was frankly, bullshit.

And from what I hear, this was the leading story on FOX News last night. With the same accusations of Obama trying to destroy Joe the plumber. As I said, it's a clear sign of desperation when the entirety of the right wing and their media try to link obama to something McCain did and even admitted to(!) on Letterman on Thursday.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-18 11:47 PM
 Quote:

No. they did none of that. "Joe the plumber" did all that himself by making himself the willing tool of the right by going to an obama rally and challenging him with outright lies...

Actually, Joe made a statement to Obama and Obama, in response, admitted that he would be raising Joe's taxes. As such, you really can't say that Joe was speaking "outright lies."

Furthermore, even if we were to accept that Joe was wrong about Obama's plan, the fact still remains that an ordinary blue-collar citizen, who chose to exercise his First Amendment right and disagree with a presidential candidate, is being smeared and hounded by, not only members of the candidate's campaign, but the very "free press" that claims to be a guardian of the first amendment.

You and I both know that the intent here is to send a message to any ordinary person that he or she had better not question Obama's policies.

It's classic Chicago-style thug politics, on a national level.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 12:04 AM
 Quote:

No. they did none of that. "Joe the plumber" did all that himself by making himself the willing tool of the right by going to an obama rally and challenging him with outright lies...

Actually, Joe made a statement to Obama and Obama, in response, admitted that he would be raising Joe's taxes. As such, you really can't say that Joe was speaking "outright lies."

LIE. Obama admitted no such thing.

First off Joe Wurzelbacher, isn’t a Joe at all, but a Sam and he ain’t no plumber either (no license no occupation!).Could it get any worse? You betcha, he owes back taxes too. He's not buying the business either. Plus the average plumber in Ohio makes about 42, 000 a year, far less than 250,000 isn't it? That's assuming that "Joe" had a license and money. And if he could, he wouldn’t have any money left to invest because the IRS will wan’t their share first.

He put himself out there, he lied to Obama to try to score points for the right, which he clearly is a sheep.. um... I mean follower of. And it was the PRESS, not the Obama campaign that exposed this fraud.

Quote:
Furthermore, even if we were to accept that Joe was wrong about Obama's plan, the fact still remains that an ordinary blue-collar citizen, who chose to exercise his First Amendment right and disagree with a presidential candidate, is being smeared and hounded by, not only members of the candidate's campaign, but the very "free press" that claims to be a guardian of the first amendment.

You and I both know that the intent here is to send a message to any ordinary person that he or she had better not question Obama's policies.

It's classic Chicago-style thug politics, on a national level.

Man, you guys really are desperate. First McCain trotting out an improperly vetted "everyman" in a nationally televised debate without first investigating if his story wouldn't fall apart under the slightest scrutiny and then repeating his name to a ridiculous degree (over 20 times!) thus practically inviting the media to look into who this guy was. Then you guys still have the stones to try to pin it all on Obama??!! \:lol\:

This is another example of just how crap and amateurish a campaign McCain has. that the right wing media in unison with the McCain campaign is now trying to run interference and blame Obama for the consequences of "Joe's" duplicity to obfuscate their fuck up is just more desperation.

It's sad really. All you have left are smear robo-calls trying to insinuate that Obama is a terrorist, that no one cares about, allegations about ACORN, which no one cares about and Obama was fully prepared to challenge and now this, the 'Joe the (non) Plumber' outrage.

Really. Were you prepared for how lame and desperate the McCain campaign would be in the final weeks?

Can I expect the return of Jerimiah Wright and "Hussein" in the final 2 weeks? It's like you guys learned NOTHING from Hillary and the primaries! And that was before an economic crisis caught everyones attention! Serious attention, not attention to trivia and smear that the gOP excel at.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 12:12 AM
First off Joe Wurzelbacher, isn’t a Joe at all, but a Sam ...

Now, the fact the man goes by a nickname makes him a liar? Jesus.

Quote:
Can I expect the return of Jerimiah Wright and "Hussein" in the final 2 weeks?

The irony is way too thick.

A plumber is, according to whomod, an asshole for not using his full, given name, but God forbid anyone should mention Obama's actual middle name.

As for the rest of your points, they just boil down to more of the same: smears and attacks on the little guy for daring to question the Supreme Ruler to Be.

Now tell us again how the Democrat Party is for the "little guy."
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 12:21 AM

As for the rest of your points, they just boil down to more of the same: smears and attacks on the little guy for daring to question the Supreme Ruler to Be.

Now tell us again how the Democrat Party is for the "little guy."

Geez G-man. You glossed over EVERYTHING about Joe the Plumber and his lies and focused like a laser on something you could defend. His name. \:lol\: His name was the LEAST of his lies.

And still you try to blame Obama for the national media doing their job and answering for people just who this guy is. If it turned out unfavorably for this guy, it was of his own making. He put himself out there for the right wing media to embrace him. McCain then put his name out over 20 times there for the media then to have to answer just who is this guy. Obama had NOTHING to do with exposing this clown.

"Joe the Plumber" had EVERYTHING to do with lying to cameras and to Obama's face to try to score political points for McCain. The right wing media had everything to do with this for giving him a platform after that exchange to further spew his lies.

This was a tactical decision on McCain's part and McCain didn't vet this guy, just like he didn't vet Sarah Palin. And in both instances, it backfired once the press did it's job.

Live with it.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 12:41 AM
score points for the right sheep crap and amateurish right wing media obfuscate lame and desperate trivia and smear that the gOP excel at.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 1:07 AM
score points for the right sheep crap and amateurish right wing media obfuscate lame and desperate trivia and smear that the gOP excel at.

Yep. Thats all the extreme right has. NOTHING. Notice how even the conservative press and even their personalities and columnists are increasingly endorsing Obama. Only the hate radio sheep believe all that terroristist crap. And they demand more and more of it.

you guys are a mob. An unthinking fear and hate filled mob. Every post you make just reinforces that fact.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 1:17 AM
What else could you expect from NaziRepubFascists?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 1:29 AM

Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 1:43 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-19 4:21 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Weather Underground Pong - 2008-10-20 3:59 AM

Click here to make your own game on Fyrebug.com

Help Barack Hussein Obama launch his political career! Barack and dear friend Bill Ayers exchange ideas back and forth for making America better!
Posted By: PJP Re: Weather Underground Pong - 2008-10-20 4:48 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Weather Underground Pong - 2008-10-20 4:57 AM
(special tip, meet with Bin Laden for added bonus!)
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Weather Underground Pong - 2008-10-20 5:55 AM
New news is leaking about a review Obama wrote about one of terrorist Bill Ayers book in 1997:

Posted By: the G-man Re: Weather Underground Pong - 2008-10-20 6:45 AM
This explains so much. Our Wonderful Guide and Helmsman Obama knew Ayers only as a kindly author of childrens' books, not as a murderous slayer of children's parents.

Who among us hasn't referred to a published author as "just a guy from the neighborhood" that we "barely know"?
Posted By: Pariah Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-20 7:40 AM
 Quote:

LIE. Obama admitted no such thing.

First off Joe Wurzelbacher, isn’t a Joe at all, but a Sam and he ain’t no plumber either (no license no occupation!).Could it get any worse? You betcha, he owes back taxes too. He's not buying the business either. Plus the average plumber in Ohio makes about 42, 000 a year, far less than 250,000 isn't it? That's assuming that "Joe" had a license and money. And if he could, he wouldn’t have any money left to invest because the IRS will wan’t their share first.

He put himself out there, he lied to Obama to try to score points for the right, which he clearly is a sheep.. um... I mean follower of. And it was the PRESS, not the Obama campaign that exposed this fraud.

Who gives a flying fuck?

"Sam" presented Obama with a scenario in which Obama admitted he wanted to steal any money "Sam" may have had and give it to people who didn't actually earn it.

But please, by all means, keep trying to distract from the fact that Obama is an anti-capitalist redistribution whore who befriends racists, embezzlers, voter-fraud advocates, and terrorists.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2008-10-20 3:53 PM
not to mention he is a Muslim.
 Quote:
Barack Obama, who has consistently downplayed his relationship with William Ayers during his presidential campaign, once gave a glowing endorsement of a book by the former domestic terrorist and was mentioned by name in the book itself.

A blogger unearthed the Dec. 21, 1997, endorsement in the Chicago Tribune and posted photographs of the praise for Ayers' book on Zombietime.com Saturday.

Featured next to a smiling photograph of himself, then-State Senator Obama called Ayers' book, "A Kind and Just Parent: Children of the Juvenile Court," a "searing and timely account of the juvenile court system, and the courageous individuals who rescue hope from despair."

The book, which details life at the Chicago Juvenile Court prison school, mentions Obama by name on page 82 when it describes Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood:

"Our neighbors include Muhammad Ali, former mayor Eugene Sawyer, poets Gwendolyn Brooks and Elizabeth Alexander, and writer Barack Obama. Minister Louis Farrakhan lives a block from our home and adds, we think, a unique dimension to the idea of 'safe neighborhood watch': the Fruit of Islam, his security force, has an eye on things twenty-four-hours a day."

The Obama campaign said the blurb was not a full-fledged review of the book.

"He didn't do a review. He provided one line about the book to the Tribune," campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

A month before the item appeared, on Nov. 20, 1997, Michelle Obama, then dean of student services and director of the University Community Service Center, held a panel at the University of Chicago that featured both Barack Obama and Ayers.

"Ayers will be joined by Sen. Barack Obama, Senior Lecturer in the Law School, who is working to combat legislation that would put more juvenile offenders into the adult system," the University of Chicago Chronicle reported on Nov. 6, 1997.

Obama has been criticized for refusing to elaborate on the extent of his relationship with Ayers and for claiming to have had no idea Ayers was a co-founder of the Wesather Underground, which claimed responsibility for bombing the Pentagon, U.S. Capitol and a New York Supreme Court justice's home in the Sixties.

The Obama campaign has noted that Obama was 8 years old when Ayers and the Weather Underground were active and has no link to their activities. Ayers has said he has "no regrets" about his participation in the domestic terror group.
Yahoo 10/21/08 07:26 PM Reading a post

the world will know now!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 4:25 AM
Yahoo 10/21/08 07:26 PM Reading a post

the world will know now!

Yahoo firing 1,500; 3rd quarter profit falls 64%: Company's stock price is nearing a 5 1/2 -year low.

That'll teach Yahoo to search for anti-Obama facts.

First we destroy Joe the Plumber, now Yahoo!
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 4:27 AM
They should have done the Microsoft deal that was offered a few months ago. Rumor is that Microsoft will try again in the next few weeks and this time the deal will get done at a much more favorable deal for Microsoft.
Posted By: iggy Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 4:28 AM
Tomorrow the Christian world!!!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 4:31 AM
Praise Allah!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 8:46 PM
5000+ posts 10/22/08 01:44 PM Reading a post

any america blog quotes for us?
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 8:48 PM
Well, Powell fucked McCain on Bill Ayers so it looks, judging from the past 2 days that now that they're done accusing him of being first, a Muslim, then a racist, then a celebrity, then hanging out with terrorists, now they're gonna use "Socialist, and if you're Mel Martinez of Florida, Communist!

That should really fire up the geriatrics in America. But I ask McCain and all seniors this one thing, if being a "card carrying socialist" is so bad, then you all MUST turn in your Medicare cards immediately!

McCain after all doesn't care about some washed out terrorist. So he finally stopped talking about him (weeks later), well actually, after the fucking that Powell gave him on Sunday. \:lol\:
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 8:50 PM
i made you paraphrase!

Posted By: rex Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:00 PM
Obama is a socialist.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:01 PM
Obama is a socialist.

So is McCain.
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:01 PM
So is George (Nationalize the banks) Bush.
Posted By: rex Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:02 PM
Obama is a socialist.

So is McCain.

How?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:05 PM
5000+ posts 10/22/08 02:04 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: Obama Praised Ayers books

Posted By: whomod Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:07 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=189119&title=mccain-says-the-s-word

Before you make your usual stupid quips about it being a comedy show, the NEWS video he plays is not omedy, it is Mcain saying he beleives in socialism:

Quote:
Stewart: "Now you can argue that this country has dabbled in socialism ever since the income tax was introduced, and that calling Obama's plan 'socialist' is a cynical ploy that even McCain realizes is a bankrupt tactic. Or, should I say, realized."

Audience member: "Why is it that someone like my father who goes to school for 13 years gets penalized in a huge tax bracket because he's a doctor."

McCain: "I think it's to some degree because we feel obviously that wealthy people can afford more."

Audience member: "Are we getting closer and closer to, like, socialism?"

McCain: "Here's what I really believe: That when you reach a certain level of comfort, there's nothing wrong with paying somewhat more."

it's kind of stupid to attack your opponent for saying the same thing you said before you had to appeal to rabid right wingers.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:07 PM
its taking awhile. he must be retyping the story he's gunna rip off!
Posted By: whomod Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:07 PM

Yeah, that's a real knee slapper.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:08 PM
I have a clip from I Love Lucy that I will use in response!

Yeah, that's a real knee slapper.

It's funny cuz it's true!

Posted By: rex Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:08 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-22 9:47 PM
\:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: 655321 Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 2:29 AM
Obama is a socialist.

So is McCain.

How?
didn't he say something about buying up mortgages being the first order of business after he was elected? didn't he vote yes on the bailout plan?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 2:31 AM
Buying mortgages from willing sellers or forcing them?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 4:44 AM
We do tend to get sidetracked by Obama's palling around with terrorists, but for all those who will sell their soul for power, there are millions who actually sacrifice for their country. Here's a video of an injured John McCain in a POW camp:

It's nice to know there is a choice for a real American hero on the ballot this November....
Posted By: 655321 Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 5:58 AM
Buying mortgages from willing sellers or forcing them?
that is irrelevant. unless he's bankrolling this scheme from his own pocketbook, it's socialism. just like the bailout, buying into companies because "they are too big to fail".

he's as socialist as the rest of them, so plz don't act like he's a fucking hero.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 6:19 AM
pretty plz?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama Praised Ayers books - 2008-10-23 6:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: 655321
unless he's bankrolling this scheme from his own pocketbook, it's socialism. just like the bailout, buying into companies because "they are too big to fail".

he's as socialist as the rest of them...

I agree that it's flawed policy with socialist overtones. However, in terms of matters of degree Obama's the bigger socialist.

With McCain, the intent (even if misguided) was a one time fix, not an ongoing program.

With Obama, its intended as a long-term, if not permanent, policy of extensive government intervention in the free market and massive wealth redistribution.
Posted By: Anonymous One Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-23 10:25 AM
 Quote:
In addition to the New York police officers killed, a 1970 pipe bomb in San Francisco set by the group killed another police officer and critically wounded yet another cop.

I'm not trying to take sides but I want to clear up misinformation. I actually live close to that police station and they never found out who was responsible. Although the Weathermen were suspects in the bombing, it is also widely believed that the Nation of Islam, the Black Panthers and a prototype version of the Symbionese Liberation Army carried out the attack.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Cop Killer Supporters - 2008-10-23 12:54 PM
All friends of Obama.
I know that none of the followers of the great and just Obamassiah will watch this, but for those still with a free mind, check this video out. Megyn Kelly bitch slaps a Bill Ayers sympathizer:

He tries all that circular logic Pro uses and even though this guy is a Professor she nails him!
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 2:01 AM
nailed him on what? there's lots of ppl who don't disagree with what ayers did.
you need to watch the video, i don't give synopsis.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 2:09 AM
you need to watch the video, i don't give synopsis.
i did watch it. she seemed outraged that ayers holds the views he does of this country. so what? lots of ppl do, most of whom don't see that as a negative as far as ayers goes.

she didn't nail him on anything, she threw a hissy fit cuz there's ppl out there who hate the american govt and feel they are reasonable targets. which was kinda funny seeing her get her panties in a wad over someone daring to hate the govt.
I meant watch the video I posted. Where he tries to make Ayers out to be a goody, goody, and she makes him eat his words and admit Obama's pal Bill Ayers is a unrepentant terrorist.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 2:45 AM
I meant watch the video I posted. Where he tries to make Ayers out to be a goody, goody, and she makes him eat his words and admit Obama's pal Bill Ayers is a unrepentant terrorist.
jesus, are you dense? i said i WATCHED THE VIDEO, YES, THE ONE YOU POSTED.

who cares if he's an unrepentant "terrorist"? that man said he didn't agree with what ayers did in the 60s. she didn't make him eat any words. she got all indignant and up on her soap box about boohoo someone doesn't like america and thinks govt employees are open targets. guess what? lots of ppl think like ayers, so painting him as a "terrorist" isn't a negative.

he's not bombing anymore, so what the fuck does it matter what his personal views are?
wow, i've never seen such jealousy. it's okay, she isn't going to take your man.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 2:57 AM
wow, i've never seen such jealousy. it's okay, she isn't going to take your man.
lol yes, make a joke. let's not address the issue. do you get all worked up knowing ppl are glad his group set off bombs, like that bimbo did? \:lol\: o noes my precious govts!!
You really aren't handling Pariah's rejection well.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 3:09 AM
fine if you don't want to have a discussion on this issue cuz ur as hysterical about it as that chick, we won't.

nothing is wrong with ayers. he's currently not engaged in bombing. he doesn't need to be repentant re viewing the US govt as an enemy. ppl either don't care what his views are or his past actions were or they agree with him, since this didn't really gain any traction outside of the true believers in the gop.
me-ow!
Posted By: PJP Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 3:51 AM
Megyn Kelly was just on O'Reilly. I have really been enjoying O'Reilly's show lately.
As American comes more and more under siege from within, I imagine his viewership will grow....
Posted By: PJP Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 4:06 AM
Kelly used to be a trial lawyer. she is just as rough on republicans too. she is like O'Reilly....they want everyone to tell the truth and won't let them spin.
Why is it that Ayers' past acts are no longer important simply because he's no longer bombing stuff? Should I be allowed to handle an elementary classroom if I molested kids in the past, just because I'm not doing it anymore? And then there's the fact that I'm not repentant about it. Molesting kids is awesome.
Posted By: PJP Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 4:13 AM
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
Why is it that Ayers' past acts are no longer important simply because he's no longer bombing stuff? Should I be allowed to handle an elementary classroom if I molested kids in the past, just because I'm not doing it anymore? And then there's the fact that I'm not repentant about it. Molesting kids is awesome.

I find your statements racist.
Posted By: PJP Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 4:18 AM
Plus he's a douchebag!
Kelly used to be a trial lawyer. she is just as rough on republicans too. she is like O'Reilly....they want everyone to tell the truth and won't let them spin.

Yeah, I've been checking out the Youtube clips, she makes people answer the questions. I'd love to see her interview Obama, those uh's and grand picture misdirects wouldn't hold up.
I checked her youtube clips too. Also, wanking.
Fox News: We Report, You Wank
Posted By: the G-man Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 4:34 AM
nothing is wrong with ayers. he's currently not engaged in bombing.

And Charlie Manson is currently not engaged in ritual murder. What's your point?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 4:42 AM
G-man I was 8 years old when Manson ad those people killed, it's all water under the bridge....
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 4:53 AM
I, too, was also 8 years old when Manson released "Beautiful People"
Posted By: 655321 Re: Megyn Kelly Nails A Bill Ayers Sympathizer - 2008-10-24 6:16 AM
umm, how does that make sense? is he around bomb related items? he hasn't been put in charge of an arsenal. srsly, ur analogy is retarded.

are you saying that anyone, not just ayers, who feels that US govt employees and buildings are legitimate targets, should be locked up forever? as long as he is no longer acting out his beliefs, what does it matter what they are? frankly, i wouldn't care if someone did act out those beliefs but that's neither here nor there.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 6:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
nothing is wrong with ayers. he's currently not engaged in bombing.

And Charlie Manson is currently not engaged in ritual murder. What's your point?
that regardless of what a person's ideology is, if they are not ACTING it out, they should be allowed to hold those views. and as far as i'm concerned if the ideology is to bring about the destruction of ANY govt, acting it out is necessary.

ppl are all pissy because he's not sorry. so what if he's not sorry? his views are just that - views. they aren't actions, he's not bombing shit and he's not plotting to. manson is in prison for crimes he committed. his targets were private ppl not govt buildings and employees. you have no point.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 6:33 AM
that regardless of what a person's ideology is, if they are not ACTING it out, they should be allowed to hold those views.

Sweetie. No one's said otherwise.

Quote:
ppl are all pissy because he's not sorry. so what if he's not sorry?

Well cupcake, that would reinforce a reasonable person's efforts not to associate with him.

Quote:
manson is in prison for crimes he committed.

And Ayers isn't, sweetheart.
Posted By: rex Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 7:21 AM
alan singer = mem?
Writing in the New York Daily News, John M. Murtagh recounts how Ayers' Weathermen tried to murder his family:
  • During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up “a gentleman named William Ayers,” who “was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He’s never apologized for that.” Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called “Panther 21,” members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we’d call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.

I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother’s pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn’t leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS.

For the next 18 months, I went to school in an unmarked police car. My mother, a schoolteacher, had plainclothes detectives waiting in the faculty lounge all day. My brother saved a few bucks because he didn’t have to rent a limo for the senior prom: the NYPD did the driving. We all made the best of the odd new life that had been thrust upon us, but for years, the sound of a fire truck’s siren made my stomach knot and my heart race. In many ways, the enormity of the attempt to kill my entire family didn’t fully hit me until years later, when, a father myself, I was tucking my own nine-year-old John Murtagh into bed.

Though no one was ever caught or tried for the attempt on my family’s life, there was never any doubt who was behind it. Only a few weeks after the attack, the New York contingent of the Weathermen blew themselves up making more bombs in a Greenwich Village townhouse. The same cell had bombed my house, writes Ron Jacobs in The Way the Wind Blew: A History of the Weather Underground. And in late November that year, a letter to the Associated Press signed by Bernardine Dohrn, Ayers’s wife, promised more bombings.

As the association between Obama and Ayers came to light, it would have helped the senator a little if his friend had at least shown some remorse. But listen to Ayers interviewed in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, of all days: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.” Translation: “We meant to kill that judge and his family, not just damage the porch.” When asked by the Times if he would do it all again, Ayers responded: “I don’t want to discount the possibility.”

Though never a supporter of Obama, I admired him for a time for his ability to engage our imaginations, and especially for his ability to inspire the young once again to embrace the political system. Yet his myopia in the last few months has cast a new light on his “politics of change.” Nobody should hold the junior senator from Illinois responsible for his friends’ and supporters’ violent terrorist acts. But it is fair to hold him responsible for a startling lack of judgment in his choice of mentors, associates, and friends, and for showing a callous disregard for the lives they damaged and the hatred they have demonstrated for this country. It is fair, too, to ask what those choices say about Obama’s own beliefs, his philosophy, and the direction he would take our nation.

At the conclusion of his 2001 Times interview, Ayers said of his upbringing and subsequent radicalization: “I was a child of privilege and I woke up to a world on fire.”

Funny thing, Bill: one night, so did I.

meanwhile an 8 year old Obama was playing on a swingset oblivious to any of this. years later he met the man when they worked on a comittee overseeing education in Chicago. Ayers was at the time a college proffessor in good standing and they had a friendly working relationship.
In fact William C. Ibershof, the lead federal prosecutor of the Weather Underground case noted, "I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child."

On the other hand, following G-man's persistant guilt by association charges we have to talk about Sarah Palin's HUSBAND (who she hopefully has met more than a few dozen times) was a member of a group that wanted to break away from the US. A group founded by a man who said the fires of hell paled in comparison to his hot raging hatred for America. Or there's that video of Sarah Palin being blessed by a priest who lead a literal witch hunt against a woman in an African village.
Or the other thousand bad acts and connections in McPalin's past.

G-man, why don't you just admit it's over and relax the attacks before you dig yourself deeper. These aren't even valid attacks. It makes your side look pathetic.
Mccain fucked up the campaign by selling out and going back on many of his longstanding views and principles. He fucked up by picking Palin, who is little more than a massive liability. He fucked up by suspending his campaign and then still campaigning. He fucked up in so many ways, mostly by supporting Bush so much over the years. That quote about voting with Bush 90% of the time didn't come from Obama originally, it came from Mccain last year.

It's like that DS9 episode where Worf is whining about Gowron sacrificing soldiers to make a political rival look bad and Ezri says that maybe the Klingons deserve to be wiped out because while they preach honor they're willing to abide corruption at the highest levels of their government to avoid scandal. It's an apt analogy. Your party has propped up a bad president for 8 years, probably the worst president in history. You supported him while his administration acted shady and corrupt in the name of party unity, but now that party unity has dragged all of you down along with Bush.
Posted By: rex Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 7:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

It's like that DS9 episode where Worf is whining about Gowron sacrificing soldiers to make a political rival look bad and Ezri says that maybe the Klingons deserve to be wiped out because while they preach honor they're willing to abide corruption at the highest levels of their government to avoid scandal. It's an apt analogy. Your party has propped up a bad president for 8 years, probably the worst president in history. You supported him while his administration acted shady and corrupt in the name of party unity, but now that party unity has dragged all of you down along with Bush.

Holy shit! adler died and came back as beardguy!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 7:38 AM
quick, ask him about cats!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 7:40 AM
Ray, I would like to know your opinion about cats in general.
Obama is a socialist.

So is McCain.

and what exactly is wrong with some socialist ideas? shouldn't the best ideas be the ones that are used? capitalism should not be adhered to like some fundamental idealogy. we should adapt and change to meet the modern world not some conservative pipe dream of a non-existant 1950's type world where everyone gets rich because the rich are nice people who want to trickle down their wealth. the world is too large and business is too large for a straight free market.
The problem with this country is that we want all sorts of goodies without paying for it. If I had free healthcare, great schools, clean streets, well funded police and fire, excellent parks, and the guarantee of work then I wouldn't mind some higher taxes. We act like children but the reality of the world is that things cost money. If you look at the countries that have adopted some socialist ideas and worked them into the system like canada and england the people still have money for the toys and fun things in life but also have an overall higher quality of life.

of course since i don't make $250,000 a year i'm not too worried about Obama's tax plan. in fact the working class people like me will be better off.
Posted By: rex Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 7:45 AM
I would love to have a discussion about the dangers and evils of socialism but we all know that you're too emotional and too dense for that.
I would love to have a discussion about the dangers and evils of socialism but we all know that you're too emotional and too dense for that.

no, let's talk about. we'll go for a bike ride and have a nice talk.

oh, wait.

btw "i would talk about but you won't listen" is internet slang for "i want to put you down without addressing your points or making any of my own."
Posted By: rex Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 7:58 AM
Oh yeah, I should have added you believe all the things g-man has said about me.

I think the saddest part of all of this is you are now and will always be his bitch. Everyone else knows he's just as worthless as you.
rex, i think the saddest part is that no one here at all likes you or has anything nice to say about you. you come to a place where you are mocked and disliked across the board and gripe about everything, especially things others are enjoying.
if i'm wrong and you can point out someone who likes you or threads where you've been positive about anything please do so.

Holy shit! adler died and came back as beardguy!

beardguy was a nice guy, i liked talking to him. and i've always made star trek references and have been a pretty vocal fan on the star trek threads.
Ray, I would like to know your opinion about cats in general.

used to love cats until i actually lived with one. she was a surly fat cat who-despite being treated very well by me-insisted on peeing all over my home. and it wasn't just oops peeing, she would go out of her way and get on the places i slept and the clothes i wore to pee, never in her own sleeping area. one time i watched as she walked over to the liter box, jumped up on a chair where my jacket was, sniffed around on the jacked, and then let loose. she also started shitting under my bed so that i was driven crazy by the smell but had no clue where i was coming from.
after two years of patient kindness and love i dumped her at the humane society convinced that this was just an evil animal.
Posted By: rex Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 9:57 AM
rex, i think the saddest part is that no one here at all likes you or has anything nice to say about you. you come to a place where you are mocked and disliked across the board and gripe about everything, especially things others are enjoying.
if i'm wrong and you can point out someone who likes you or threads where you've been positive about anything please do so.

I forgot about your whole "rex is evil and no one likes him because I said so" campaign.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 11:54 AM
i never said, or implied, "evil." kind of strange that you read that.

i see you also failed to point out anyone who likes you and has nice things to say about you.
sad. not evil, sad. the word is sad. you'll probably be hearing that word a lot throughout your life. both in how you are and in how you make others feel.
Posted By: rex Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 12:04 PM
I really got to you, didn't I?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 12:41 PM
Everyone please. Stop. This is a thread about Obama's terrorist ties. Can we please all just get along and talk about the nominees ties to terrorism?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Obama's Terrorist Pal - 2008-10-24 1:58 PM
I'm trying to talk about cats.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 5:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Sweetie. No one's said otherwise.
hmm, i don't remember accusing anyone here of doing so.

Quote:
Well cupcake, that would reinforce a reasonable person's efforts not to associate with him.
no, it wouldn't. to some ppl, that would be punishing him for holding the views he does.

Quote:
And Ayers isn't, sweetheart.
cuz the feds dropped the charges against him.\:lol\: maybe you should take it up with them that he's not in prison.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 8:04 PM
geez luise, Pariah isn't interested in you anymore, get over it!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-24 10:47 PM

Then why did you say it snookie?

Quote:
no, it wouldn't. to some ppl, that would be punishing him for holding the views he does.

It's actually more like protecting yourself, honey. If I choose not to associate with Ayers or Bin Laden, it's for my own sake that I do so.

Quote:
cuz the feds dropped the charges against him.\:lol\: maybe you should take it up with them that he's not in prison.

Babes, he was let go on a technicality. He was recognized as being guilty, but they couldn't hold him.
Posted By: 655321 Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-25 2:15 AM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

Then why did you say it snookie?
umm, i said it cuz i was having a conversation with someone. saying something =/= accusiing.

Quote:
 Quote:

It's actually more like protecting yourself, honey. If I choose not to associate with Ayers or Bin Laden, it's for my own sake that I do so.
wait, so ayers goes around killing ppl he associates with?

Quote:
 Quote:
Babes, he was let go on a technicality. He was recognized as being guilty, but they couldn't hold him.
the point is that he was never found guilty in a court of law. the charges were dropped.

do you believe that someone simply holding the belief that the govt should be destroyed should be in prison? this is about what his ideology is about not what his actions WERE. he's not acting out on his ideology. the fact that he has in the past is irrelevant.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-25 2:25 AM
love is in the air!
Posted By: 655321 Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-25 2:33 AM
i was hoping it was food.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-25 8:12 AM
I was hoping it was a cat! Hail Beardray!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-25 8:29 PM
Anonymous 10/25/08 01:02 PM Reading a post

hi Jason!
Posted By: whomod Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-26 10:38 PM

Quote:
50% of Voters Believe Ayers Issue Has Hurt McCain Campaign

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just 28% of voters believe that John McCain’s campaign has been helped by talking about the relationship between Barack Obama and William Ayers. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 50% believe talk of that issue has hurt McCain’s effort while 15% say it has had no impact.

Posted By: rex Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-26 11:02 PM
So 50% of voters think its ok to have a terrorist help someone move up in politics.

I've always said at least 75% of the population is stupid. I'm surprised that number isn't higher.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-27 12:22 AM
"The poll conducted with in two square blocks of Obama's home has a margin of error of +/- %110 due to Nation of Islam and Domestic Terrorists high occupancy rate"
Posted By: the G-man Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-27 12:23 AM
Actually, this poll doesn't surprise me. It's not that different than the annual polls that say the public doesn't like any negative ads...even though candidates continue to use them because they are effective.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-27 12:25 AM
we should email Tom Bradley and see his thoughts on the accuracy of polls...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 8:45 AM
The O'Reilly Factor tracks down Bill Ayers and asks him if he is ready to apologize for being a terrorist, and he calls the cops on them. Ironic, a few years back he was trying to kill the police now he's crying to them because he got some tough questions:

Posted By: whomod Re: Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 7:57 PM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
The O'Reilly Factor tracks down Bill Ayers and asks him if he is ready to apologize for being a terrorist, and he calls the cops on them. Ironic, a few years back he was trying to kill the police now he's crying to them because he got some tough questions:

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='FOX News' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=undefined&referralObject=3161897' />

Figures you watch that thug. Perchance do you stab your finger in the air to try to look all tough and belligerent as well?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 8:08 PM
call the internet police!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 8:26 PM
Funny, I can't find the thread where whomod calls the reporters who hacked into Joe the Plumber's private information "thugs."

Or the guys who hacked in Palin's personal email...or her daughter's cell phone...or who invaded Cindy McCain's privacy...or...
Posted By: rex Re: Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 8:50 PM

Figures you watch that thug. Perchance do you stab your finger in the air to try to look all tough and belligerent as well?

You worship olberman but make fun of oreilly?

THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING PERSON YOU DENSE CUNT!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers Calls Police On The Press - 2008-10-27 10:13 PM

It figures you worship Bill Ayers, both of you want to see the police killed but call them at the first sign of trouble....
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 2:16 PM
Actually, this poll doesn't surprise me. It's not that different than the annual polls that say the public doesn't like any negative ads...even though candidates continue to use them because they are effective.

What if it had been pro-McCain/Republicans? Would it have "surprised" you then? \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: the G-man Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 5:11 PM
Actually, if you review my posting history you'll see that I've always cautioned people against overreliance on polling. I've also bemoaned the press's tendency to report polls as news in place of actual analysis of issues.

About the only time I post a poll is to tweak whomod and demonstrate that his overuse of polls is dangerous
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 7:31 PM
And if you do the same for me, you'll see I have no connection to Olberman, MSNBC, or Whomod, yet that doesn't stop you from making the comparisons. So, why let facts get in the way now?
Posted By: whomod Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 7:38 PM
Actually, if you review my posting history you'll see that I've always cautioned people against overreliance on polling. I've also bemoaned the press's tendency to report polls as news in place of actual analysis of issues.

About the only time I post a poll is to tweak whomod and demonstrate that his overuse of polls is dangerous

Like this?

Posted By: PJP Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 8:00 PM
Guess it's over! Congratulations!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 8:26 PM
Yep. No need to even hold an election. Bush and Cheney should resign immediately so that Pelosi and Reid can begin the coronation of King Barack the First.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 9:06 PM
Obama Affinity to Marxists Dates Back to College Days: Barack Obama shrugs off charges of socialism, but noted in his own memoir that he carefully chose Marxist professors as friends in college.
Posted By: rex Re: Terrorists Need Friends Too - 2008-10-28 9:25 PM
blogspot.com/
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:04 PM
Obama Affinity to Marxists Dates Back to College Days: Barack Obama shrugs off charges of socialism, but noted in his own memoir that he carefully chose Marxist professors as friends in college.

Holy crap, FOX NEWS has something bad to say about Obama? Shock!

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
Posted By: Pariah Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:22 PM

You think a connection to Marx is bad?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:34 PM
Do you think Promod will bother to notice that the story came from passages in Obama's own autobiography?

Heh. Maybe Promod thinks that O'Reilly ghost wrote Obama's books.
Posted By: PJP Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:52 PM
If Fox didn't report news about Obama that wasn't a love affair piece then who would?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:52 PM
The LA Times?

Oh, that's right...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-28 11:57 PM

Fox News published Obama's book?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-29 12:02 AM
DAMN that Rupert Murdoch.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-10-29 1:06 PM
He acted like an asshole to mcguyver!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-02 2:23 AM
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-02 2:27 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-04 2:28 AM

From William Ayers book, "Prairie Fire"....sounds a lot like someones campaign promises....
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-04 4:04 AM
And, yet, Ayers is a high paid college professor, living in an expensive neighborhood.

Kind of reminds me of "Animal Farm." We'll all be 'equal' with people like Obama and Ayers just being more equal than others.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-04 4:38 AM
you can put lipstick on a pig named Napoleon, but it's still a pig!
Posted By: Balloon Knot Re: Obama's Marxist Pals - 2008-11-05 7:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081114/ap_on_re_us/obama_ayers;_ylt=AkoFrmdu6MOXiGuyl6O8eiCs0NUE

In an interview today Obama's terrorist friend Bill Ayers said the following:

Quote:
"Let's remember that what you call a violent past that was at a time when thousands of people were being murdered by our government every month, and those of us who fought to end the war were actually on the right side,"

Nice to know what kind of crowd our future President hung with....
Yeah, not that it matters anymore, but Bill Ayers's appearance on Good Morning America today confirmed more or less every claim the McCain campaign made about his relationship with Obama.

Is he an unrepentant terrorist? Yes:

"I've been quoted again and again as saying, 'I don't regret it,' and saying, 'I don't think we did enough.' And I don't think we did enough," Ayers said.

Did Barack Obama pal around with him? Yes:

"I was asked by the state senator to have a coffee for Barack Obama when he first ran for office," Ayers said. "We had him in our home, and I think he was probably in 20 homes that day."

So... Barack Obama palled around with an unrepentant terrorist! Straight from the horse's mouth.

But Ayers defends his guy, of course:

"This idea that we need to know more, like there's some dark hidden secret, some secret link, is just a myth, and it's a myth thrown up by people that wanted to exploit the politics of fear," Ayers said.

Bill Ayers hates people who exploit fear for political gain. He can't stand it when people hint at shady associations for political gain, and he's not afraid to call them out on TV for the despicable fear-mongerers they are. So you can only imagine the towering righteous anger boiling in his breast for the kind of Rovian masters of fear who would -- and I'm just picking examples at random here -- set off explosives in the Pentagon or the Capitol for political purposes.

But nooooooo, there is no reason to be alarmed at our incoming president's associations with this character.

Funny how when the politics of fear are words, they are evil, but when they are bombs it's okay. Then again I'm not up on frat house rules.
He doesn't know the meaning of the word 'fear.' Then again, he doesn't know the meaning of most words.
words schmords gourds
He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081216/ts_nm/us_france_explosives_warning

Quote:
PARIS (Reuters) – Explosives were found in a central Paris store on Tuesday following a tip off from a group demanding the withdrawal of French troops from Afghanistan, a spokesman at the Paris prosecutors office said.

The group named itself the Afghan Revolutionary Front, which is not known to the police, the spokesman said.

The five sticks of explosives did not have detonators attached and the spokesman said French anti-terrorist police thought the devices had been placed as a warning.

Somewhere a future President is launching a career in the home of one of these guys.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081214/COL05/812140363/1004/COL

Quote:
Let's take a trip down the rabbit hole to 1969. As we look back from a safe distance of 40 years, America in the late '60s looks temporarily insane.

In those days, America's terrorism problem was a group of violent college kids called the Weathermen, named after a Bob Dylan song. But they were not Peter, Paul and Mary. Compared to the Weathermen, modern Iraq war protesters are a dime bag of oregano.

The Weathermen Underground bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon. They declared war on the United States and packed sticks of dynamite with roofing nails, fence staples and propane bottles to use on police stations and military recruiting offices.

And Larry Grathwohl of Cincinnati was there, living in a Weathermen "collective" in Cincinnati, sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

"I think it's important," he said of his story when we met for coffee at an IHOP. "They're going backward to rewrite history."

Grathwohl recalled the night he was singled out for an LSD-fueled all-nighter of "criticism." He ducked the drugs and kept his cover as they called him a "pig." But they were right. He was an informant for the cops.

Grathwohl, raised in Hyde Park and now of Amelia, was a student at the University of Cincinnati, just back from Vietnam when he joined the Weathermen. A Cincinnati cop he knew said it might be useful. Soon he was an FBI informant, close to Weatherman leaders Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn.

Ayers and Dohrn, now married, made headlines this year for being linked to Barack Obama. Sarah Palin was mocked for saying Obama was "palling around" with Ayers. But after the election, Ayers admitted to being "family friends" with the Obamas.

Grathwohl says the press gave Obama a pass, and gave Ayers a Get out of Jail Free card.

"Bill insists he was only against the war. That's not true," he said. "They were communists, part of an international revolutionary movement of Cubans, Chinese and Vietnamese. We were going to attack the U.S. from within. The ultimate goal was to overthrow the government."

In an op-ed column after the election, Ayers admitted the group placed "several small bombs in empty offices." He said the "attacks on property, never on people, were meant to respect human life and convey outrage and determination to end the Vietnam War."

Grathwohl replied: "I sat in meetings where we were planning bombs. Bill gave instructions for the place and time so the greatest number of people would be killed or injured."

Grathwohl said he warned Ayers that "people will be killed." He says Ayers replied, "In a revolution, some people have to die."

In his New York Times op-ed, Ayers wrote, "The risks we posed to others in some of our most extreme actions never leaves my thoughts for long."

Grathwohl testified about the Weathermen to grand juries and Congress. His version is more pointed - like roofing nails. He describes Ayers as "a spoiled rich kid who had a silver spoon in his mouth his entire life. Most of them were like that."

He says he heard Ayers talk about putting 75 million Americans in re-education camps. "He said 25 million might have to be eliminated."

"The plans they were making were scary," he said. But when bombs started going off, "they were no longer just a bunch of spoiled kids talking."

In early 1970, a bomb intended for an officers' dance at Fort Dix, N.J., exploded and killed several Weathermen. At about the same time, a cop was killed in a San Francisco bombing. Dohrn was a suspect on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted.

Ayers and Dohrn went into hiding until 1980, when they surrendered. But charges were dropped because the FBI used illegal wiretaps.

Grathwohl says they never paid for their crimes or showed remorse.

"Even though it is decades later, it is important that we guard against efforts to turn people such as Billy and Bernadine into latter-day Robin Hoods, and that we remember them for what they were and still unabashedly represent today."

Ayers now pushes radical ideas as a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dohrn teaches law and is director of the Children and Family Justice Center at Northwestern University. They live in a wealthy neighborhood near the Chicago home of their family friend, the next president of the United States.

Looking out from the rabbit hole of 1969, maybe it's 2008 that looks insane.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090114/ap_on_el_pr/holder_confirmation

Quote:
WASHINGTON – New York police detective Anthony S. Senft's life changed forever when a bomb set by Puerto Rican separatists exploded, blowing him 15 feet in the air and blinding him in one eye. Now, he's angry that Eric Holder, who played a key role in awarding clemency to the bombers, is in line to be attorney general.

Holder, as President Bill Clinton's deputy attorney general, worked closely with the Justice Department's pardon attorney to raise the possibility of commuting the prison terms. Three years earlier, that pardon attorney's predecessor had recommended against clemency.

In newly disclosed documents, officials expressed concerns about a department report on possible clemency for the prisoners becoming known publicly.

Holder was expected to face aggressive questioning over the clemency and other issues Thursday from Republicans during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. GOP lawmakers have indicated they expect to approve Holder as Barack Obama's pick to run the job. But the hearing promised to be the most contentious so far among Obama's Cabinet choices.

"Everyone is asking why would a man who helped terrorists get out of jail be nominated for a Cabinet position, especially now that our whole world is infected by terrorism?" said Senft, who retired from the police department weeks ago.

Senft suffered hearing damage and other injuries, including a broken hip, when he hit the ground in the 1982 bombing at a federal building in Manhattan. Armed Forces of National Liberation, or FALN for its Spanish initials, claimed responsibility for that bombing and more than 100 others, which killed six people and injured dozens more.

Among the matters confronting Holder:

_Clinton's pardon, on his last day in office, of fugitive financier Marc Rich. Rich's wife was a major donor to the Democratic Party and to Clinton's library. Holder urged Rich's lawyer to solicit a pardon directly from the White House, bypassing a traditional, lengthier review at the Justice Department that would have included checking with prosecutors. Holder said he was "neutral, leaning toward favorable" on a pardon.

_His decision against recommending an independent investigation of fundraising by then-Vice President Al Gore. Gore's money-raising phone calls from the White House created a political uproar during the Clinton administration's second term.

_His efforts in 2004 to become a special investigator for the Illinois Gaming Board. The job, under Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, would have paid Holder and his Washington law firm up to $300,000. The board did not hire Holder and the probe was scrapped.

_The government raid in April 2000 that led to the return of a Cuban boy, Elian Gonzales, to his homeland over the objection of many Cuban-Americans in Miami.

Democrats have asked President George Bush's former Homeland Security adviser, Frances Fragos Townsend, and a former FBI director, Louis Freeh, to testify on behalf of Holder.

Senft said he believes Clinton's decision on the commutations for 16 prisoners was intended to help Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign for the Senate in New York, home to more than 1 million Puerto Ricans. At the time, she said she opposed her husband's decision, while adding she understood "the really strong feelings that my friends in the Puerto Rican community have on this issue."

"All the devastation, all the people killed and maimed," Senft said, "and our good president decides to grant them clemency because his wife is running for senator, and Holder helped him do it. It's a horrible travesty, an unjust thing."

Even Democrats criticized Clinton's clemency for the Puerto Ricans. The Senate and House each denounced the action.

Republicans are renewing their objections, anticipating the chance to ask Holder about the case under oath and with cameras running.

"I don't see any justifiable motivation" for the clemency, Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, the senior Republican on the Judiciary Committee, said this week on MSNBC.

Among those scheduled to testify at Holder's hearing will be Richard Hahn, a retired FBI agent. He said several of the Puerto Ricans freed by Clinton were co-conspirators in planning FALN crimes, which including bombings, robberies and murders.

"These were not activists walking around with signs, these were violent terrorists," Hahn said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And anyone in our government that cared to learn that could have learned by simply contacting the FBI."

From 1975 to 1988, Hahn investigated FALN crimes. He objected to the clemency, he said, because a number of FALN-related crimes remain unsolved, fugitive co-conspirators never were arrested, prisoners showed no remorse and there was no agreement with the prisoners to cooperate with authorities.

Clinton said in 1999 his clemency decision was influenced by South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former President Jimmy Carter. At the time, the government said none of those whose sentences commuted was directly responsible for deaths or injuries. That was disputed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who then led the Judiciary Committee. Republicans complained that under today's sentencing guidelines, the prisoners would have been sentenced to 30 years to life.

In newly disclosed documents, first reported by the Los Angeles Times last week, then-U.S. pardon attorney Roger Adams expressed concerns that the department's recommendation raising the possibility of clemency would become publicly known. "It is particularly important that the proposed report be kept on very close hold," Adams wrote in August 1998 to Kevin Ohlson, who was Holder's chief of staff. "A 'leak' of the proposed report would be disastrous."

Holder was asked by senators in October 1999 whether it was a mistake not to notify bombing victims and their families that President Clinton was considering clemency for the bombers.

"I think we could have done a better job," Holder said.

Maybe Holder just "wishes he had done more".
America gave itself AIDS in the late 60s-early 70s. Instead of letting these people move onto college campuses we should have killed them.

Seriously. If we had had the cajones to keep doing what we did at Kent State and mow those fuckers down, America would be a much better place.
Posted By: the G-man Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-19 9:05 PM
William Ayers turned back at Canadian border
  • William Ayers, a professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago and a leader in educational reform, was scheduled to speak at the Centre for Urban Schooling at University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. But that appearance has now been temporarily cancelled.

"I don't know why I was turned back," Ayers said in an interview this morning from Chicago

Just off the top of my head: maybe because you're an unrepentant terrorist fuck?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-20 2:38 AM
I suppose Canada's colleges are to good for pranksters.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-20 3:38 AM
I guess the Canadian government was willing to dig a little deeper than "he's just a guy from the neighborhood."
Posted By: Franta Re: Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-25 11:43 AM
Ayers the terrorist has NEVER regretted his heinous act! He brags he wished he did more

And U of C HIRES HIM

You lost My business.

That is the infortunate part of our free society....that will not be free but governed by SOCIALIST Obama
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-25 10:32 PM
My friend Prometheus says it was just a college prank gone awry.
Posted By: Franta Re: Ayers Turned Away at Canadian Border - 2009-01-27 9:11 AM
but ban those nature boys from silky jinn
Posted By: the G-man Softball Questions for Bill Ayers - 2009-02-15 7:18 PM
Questions for Bill Ayers: Radical Cheer. The former Weatherman talks about why he didn’t speak out during Barack Obama’s campaign, what he’d like to do with Sarah Palin and why he always looks on the bright side.

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Softball Questions for Bill Ayers - 2009-02-16 5:51 AM
I'm waiting for the interview with Bluto.
Posted By: the G-man They're all Ayers Now - 2009-03-10 10:58 PM
"Teachers: They're All Bill Ayers Now": an analysis of how successful Ayers, the co-founder of the violent Weather Underground, has been in getting education colleges to turn out teachers more atune to being "agents of social change" than teaching the three "R"s.
Posted By: the G-man Union Accuses Ayers in 1970 Bombing Death - 2009-03-12 5:45 AM
Police Union Accuses Ayers in Deadly 1970 San Francisco Bombing
  • A San Francisco police union has accused former domestic terrorist William Ayers, co-founder of the Weather Underground, and his wife in a 1970 bombing that killed one sergeant, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

The union, in a letter to a conservative organization lobbying for arrests in the case, accused Ayers and wife Bernardine Dohrn of bombing a city police station.

On Feb. 16, 1970, a bomb placed on a window ledge of Park Station killed Sgt. Brian McDonnell and injured eight other officers, the Chronicle reported.

The union said it had not been in contact with investigators nor did it have new evidence, but it cited Larry Grathwohl, who works with the conservative organization America's Survival of Maryland and claims that he infiltrated Weather Underground as an FBI informant and heard Ayers confess, the Chronicle reported.

"There are irrefutable and compelling reasons to believe that Bill Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn ... are largely responsible for the bombing of Park Police Station," the Feb. 24 letter reads, according to the Chronicle.

I guess it's not a college prank anymore.
MSN 40 minutes 3 seconds ago Reading a post
MSN

Olbermann's gonna be pissed.
he'll prolly storm off for a few days again.....
Posted By: the G-man Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2009-06-04 8:58 PM
Obama's Terrorist Invite: President extends invitation to Hamas — designated a terror group by State Dept. — to join in Mideast peace talks.

When asked why he'd associate himself with a group of recognized terrorists, the President replied "I thought they were just some guys from the neighborhood."
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Pals - 2009-06-04 8:59 PM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Obama's Terrorist Ties - 2009-07-06 5:44 AM
Anonymous 7 seconds ago Reading a post
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Obama's Terrorist Pal To Speak At Purdue - 2009-09-10 4:15 AM
http://boilerstation.jconline.com/articl...WSFRONTCAROUSEL

Quote:
Bill Ayers, co-founder of the radical anti-war Weather Underground protest group, is coming to Purdue University on Sept. 24 to participate in an educational forum.

Ayers, 64, is a distinguished professor of education and senior university scholar at the University of Illinois-Chicago. He will speak on "Inequality and Education: The Challenge for Urban Schools" at the inaugural Cummings-Perrucci Annual Lecture on Class, Race and Gender Equality.

In the early 1970s, Ayers and other Weathermen opposed the war in Vietnam, sometimes by highly publicized bombings of public buildings. Evacuation notices were issued prior to the explosions, and no members of the public were harmed.

In 2008, Ayers became a focal point in Democratic candidate Barack Obama's presidential campaign because of Ayers' radical past and his friendship with Obama.

Ayers, who was named Chicago's Citizen of the Year in 1997, still stirs controversy. Some Lafayette area residents are organizing to protest his appearance.

"I'm not against anyone having free speech, but I think there is a difference between someone speaking politically and somebody who is a terrorist," said Jared Fagan, director of the Citizens in Action group.

"I was shocked when I heard about him coming to Purdue."

Citizens in Action has organized several local health forum town hall meetings and "tea party" protests. On Wednesday, the group organized a protest aimed at disrupting a vigil for health care reform at Riehle Plaza downtown.

Calls and e-mail questions to faculty members in the Purdue Department of Sociology were not returned Thursday. Attempts to talk with Ayers in time for this story were not successful.

Harry Targ, a political science professor at Purdue, said it is "foolish to politicize" Ayers appearance at the Purdue event.

"I assume he (Ayers) was invited because of his competency in education," Targ said. "It is unfortunate that people want to protest this.

"If there is any hoopla, it will be extraneous. It was 40 years ago when he did this stuff."

For years, Ayers and other Weathermen were fugitives from the law, although he was never convicted of a crime.

In his book, "Fugitive Days: Memoirs of an Anti-War Activist," he wrote about the bombings of public buildings in the early 1970s.

Fagan, who called Ayers a "domestic terrorist," said he is working with other local conservative groups to protest the visit.

"Our main objective is for everyone to know what Ayers is all about," Fagan said. "He can talk all about equality, but he wasn't concerned about that when he was blowing up buildings."
Posted By: the G-man Ayers: Obama's Ghost writer - 2009-10-07 12:18 AM
Bill Ayers claims he wrote Obama's "Dreams From My Father": Bill Ayers makes a stunning claim that he wrote--not just edited--President Barack Obama's autobiography, Dreams from my Father."
© RKMBs