RKMBs
Trump's Charlottesville disgrace: White supremacists aren't just another 'side'
 Quote:
President Trump is not known for holding back his rage and venom when he’s angered or feels threatened, or for struggling to “counter punch.” Typically, the easily triggered leader of the free world, his finger seemingly perpetually poised in hover position over the nuclear button, uses a cannon when a BB gun will do. But, curiously, he seems to lose his voice and his nerve when it comes to taking on Russian President Vladmir Putin for intervening in U.S. elections, or the white nationalists and Nazis — domestic terrorists — who marched with torches in Charlottesville, Va.

Notice whom Trump tiptoes around to understand to whom he feels beholden.

It’s becoming increasingly harder to deny that Trump’s actions and words make it appear as if he’s reluctant to cross a benefactor or those who comprise a disturbingly influential portion of what we must, if we are to be intellectually honest, accept and admit is his base.

Michigan insiders take you off the beaten path
His tepid, tardy response to the shameful group of Americans (and it hurts to call them Americans) was stunning, coming on the heels of his knee-jerk “fire and fury” threat to North Korea’s Kim Jong Un after yet another missile test — and his equally reckless, violent follow-up threats about military action.

The gentler, vaguer “diplomatic” language used by Trump on alt-right white nationalists proudly using the Nazi salute and sporting swastikas is chilling. He didn’t name them or even blame them, in fact said “hatred, bigotry and violence” had been going on “for a long, long time” and came from “many sides.”

It was reminiscent of candidate Trump in Feburary 2016 finding it difficult to denounce former KKK leader David Duke for telling his followers it would be “treason to your heritage” to vote for anyone but Trump. He told CNN’s Jake Tapper he simply didn’t know enough about Duke and the KKK to condemn them.

In Charlottesville, Duke said on camera that the white supremacists were marching on behalf of President Trump, and that they viewed this as fulfilling the promises of Trump’s candidacy.

Trump gave him legitimacy by placing the KKK, Nazis and other white supremacists on par with, well, everyone else.

He’s “normalizing” them.

Top Trump aides Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller are widely associated with white nationalism or the “alt right.” Duke praised Bannon’s appointment to a senior White House position, telling CNN "You have an individual, Mr. Bannon, who's basically creating the ideological aspects of where we're going," and “ideology ultimately is the most important aspect of any government." Peter Brimelow, who runs the white nationalist site VDARE, said Bannon connects Trump to the alt-right movement online, adding: “I think it’s amazing.”

Miller, a hero of the alt-right, was influential in shaping Trump’s Muslim travel ban and his extreme immigration proposals. He’s now a top name Trump is considering as his latest communications director.

The escalation of blatant racial hatred by the white supremacists with their torches and Nazi salutes should have been addressed with at least the same “fire and fury” as Trump’s ill-advised cheap bravado on North Korea. Instead, after nearly a full day of silence, the president inexplicably claimed there was fault on “many” sides.

There are not “many” sides. We are Americans living our lives. We are Americans of all stripes, creeds, colors and ethnicity. To elevate Trump’s deplorable, evil fringe as a “side” equal to the rest of us united was extraordinary for a U.S. president — and nothing short of vile.

Donald Trump carefully, purposefully, and strategically established moral equivalency between the Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville, and those protesting them. Can you imagine Winston Churchill or Franklin D. Roosevelt bestowing similar moral equivalency on Hitler’s Nazi Germany and the millions of allied troops fighting and dying to rid the planet of such evil?

Charlottesville, tragically, will now serve as a mecca for white supremacists who firmly believe that with Trump, their day has finally, at long last, arrived.

Cheri Jacobus is a political consultant and commentator. She is president of Capitol Strategies PR. Follow her on twitter @CheriJacobus

I have no problem calling Trump a piece of shit. This is what a piece of shit does
 Quote:
It’s becoming increasingly harder to deny that Trump’s actions and words make it appear as if he’s reluctant to cross a benefactor or those who comprise a disturbingly influential portion of what we must, if we are to be intellectually honest, accept and admit is his base.

Trump condemned violent actions by either side.
Again, the liberal media despises Trump, and will use any crumb of ambiguity to insinuate Trump is a racist, or whatever else they can pin on him. In language that condemns violence on both sides, Trump has condemned the violence in Charlottsville. Period.

I can think of a dozen incidents of black violence where Obama condemned his conservative opposition, but wouldn't condemn his own supporters who were violent AT ALL. Remember less than a year ago where cops nationwide were being shot during Black Lives Matter protests.

It's also slanderously overstated to say that Klansman/white supremacists are a "disturbingly influential portion" of Trump's support. Last I looked, Wikipedia estimated the KKK's total membership as somewhere around 5,000 to 6,000. If you expand that to include all white supremacists, that brings the number to maybe 40,000. In a nation of 326 million, that is statistically insignificant.

These white supremacist thugs, if they have any serious point at all, have not articulated it in any coherent way. They express an opinion I don't agree with, but they do have a right to peacefully have a rally and express their views. It is possible that they were not violent until provoked, and that the Left sent provocateurs there to deliberately stoke violence. (Similar to what the DNC did at Trump rallies, to change the subject to violence rather than the Trump campaign message.)

I think Trump's ambiguous language stems from the fact that we don't know all the facts yet about what actually happened. At one point, police took peaceful white racist protestors and instructed them to move to another location, where they were isolated and outnumbered, and beaten with weapons by minority/liberal protestors.

A white person can have legitimate concerns about reverse discrimination and/or the excessive flood of illegal immigration, and not be a white supremacist.
But --of course!-- the leftist/anti-Trump media will use this to smear all white voters who support Trump, despite their not being white supremacists.
You miss the point about the "sides". We do know what the white supremacist side stands for. They have a right to free speech but the trump's false equivalence about sides is terrible.
You must of been up all night beating off at the chance to blame Republicans for something that you excuse when the democrats do it.
g, I think even a lot of republicans are sickened by this. Sad that your response is what it is
"A lot of Republicans" were sickened by Black Lives Matter shooting cops in multiple cities too.

And like myself, were sickened by Obama and the broader Democrat party's refusal to criticize the violent rhetoric and actual violence of the Black Lives Matter movement. Democrats similarly said "both sides need to calm down the rhetoric" regarding BLM.

And Barack Obama had Black Lives Matter representatives meet him in the White House.
Gee, I missed that similar moment where Trump invited the KKK or other white supremacists to the White House!
Black lives matter is about people wanting not to be shot when the police pull them over. The kkk/alt right have no agenda that I find acceptable. It is evil powered by ignorance. You can try false equivalency but they truly are not just different sides.
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You miss the point about the "sides". We do know what the white supremacist side stands for. They have a right to free speech but the trump's false equivalence about sides is terrible.

There were incidents of white supremacists beaten up by minority/liberal opposition protesters, were there not? So there were two sides (white supremacists, and Antifa/minority/liberals) committing violence, were there not?
Black lives matter is about people wanting not to be shot when the police pull them over. The kkk/alt right have no agenda that I find acceptable. It is evil powered by ignorance. You can try false equivalency but they truly are not just different sides.

They are two sides that both have engaged in violence to advance their agenda.

And arguably, Black Lives Matter has killed cops in multiple cities in the last year, far more violence than the white supremascists. If you go back to 1963, maybe, you might be able to make the argument that white supremacists are more dangerous. But not in roughly half a century. I would argue that Black Lives Matter is about hating white America. Or really, hating any non-black America.

Quote:

•Established in 2013, in response to the acquittal of the man who killed black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin
•Seeks to stoke black rage over the “virulent anti-Black racism” that “permeates our society”
•Says America was originally “built on Indigenous genocide and chattel slavery” and “continues to thrive on the brutal exploitation of people of color

Founded by Marxist revolutionaries in 2013, Black Lives Matter (BLM) depicts the United States as a nation awash in racism, sexism, and homophobia, and openly promotes the murder of white police officers. Demonstrators at BLM events routinely: smear white police as trigger-happy bigots who are intent upon killing innocent, unarmed black males; taunt, and direct obscenities at, uniformed police officers who are on duty; throw rocks at police and threaten to kill them; and celebrate in the streets when a police officer is killed. Some examples of BLM's racist and incendiary rhetoric:
•At a December 2014 BLM rally in New York City, marchers chanted in unison: "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now."
•At a BLM march in August 2015, protesters chanted : “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon.” (“Pigs” was a reference to police officers, and "blanket" was a reference to body bags.)
•On a BLM-affiliated radio program the following month, the hosts laughed at the recent assassination of a white Texas deputy; boasted that blacks were like lions who could prevail in a “race war” against whites; happily predicted that "we will witness more executions and killing of white people and cops than we ever have before"; and declared that "It's open season on killing white people and crackas.”
•In November 2015, a group of approximately 150 BLM protesters shouting "Black Lives Matter," stormed Dartmouth University's library, screaming, “Fu** you, you filthy white fu**s!," "Fu** you and your comfort!," and "Fu** you, you racist sh**!”
•In July 2016, a BLM activist speaking to a CNN reporter shouted: "The less white babies on this planet, the less of you [white adults] we got! I hope they kill all the white babies! Kill 'em all right now! Kill 'em! Kill your grandkids! Kill yourself! Coffin, bitch! Go lay in a coffin! Kill yourself!"

[[Plenty more of this vitriol at the link]

Originally Posted By: from the USA Today article above

Trump gave him legitimacy by placing the KKK, Nazis and other white supremacists on par with, well, everyone else.

He’s “normalizing” them.

Top Trump aides Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller are widely associated with white nationalism or the “alt right.” Duke praised Bannon’s appointment to a senior White House position, telling CNN "You have an individual, Mr. Bannon, who's basically creating the ideological aspects of where we're going," and “ideology ultimately is the most important aspect of any government." Peter Brimelow, who runs the white nationalist site VDARE, said Bannon connects Trump to the alt-right movement online, adding: “I think it’s amazing.”

Miller, a hero of the alt-right, was influential in shaping Trump’s Muslim travel ban and his extreme immigration proposals. He’s now a top name Trump is considering as his latest communications director.

This is just a piling on of lies.

I don't see that Trump "gave legitimacy" to David Duke or white nationalists. He condemned violence on both sides of the Charlottesville rioting. That's not "normalizing" them. Normalizing is a term I've only heard in connection to Marxist conquest over a western democracy, normalizing being the stage where they've consolidated power and completed the takeover.

I've looked up Steve Bannon multiple times, and 1) aside from running Breitbart.com and possibly having a white nationalist fringe post on his comments section, I don't see that he has ever been overtly or at all white nationalist. And 2) He was quickly marginalized as a member of Trump's administration. EVEN IF Bannon were a white nationalist, he is not someone who is in favor with Trump, or a rising star at this point.

VDARE is another that is misrepresented as "white nationalist". I actually first discovered the site as a source listed by Pat Buchanan in his book STATE OF EMERGENCY (2006). VDARE is named after Virginia Dare, the first European settler born in the former English colonial town of Roanoke, VA, before that colony was killed off by native Americans. It is not white nationalist that I've observed, but is a site devoted to the topic of illegal immigration.

The term "Alt-Right" is used by the left to imply white racism, but again, "alt-right" is a vast undefined movement that possibly has a tiny fringe of white nationalists, but is far from defined by a fringe who basically just comment on alt-right websites.

So... I don't see one clearly defined there that gives any example or fact of anything truly white racist about the above cited individuals or groups associated with Bannon or Trump. Just pure insinuation.
g, I think even a lot of republicans are sickened by this. Sad that your response is what it is

I'm sickened by it and your hypocrisy
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

I rarely come back here and never actually post, but I just gotta know what MEM has done that sickens you so, G-man.
Methinks Wondy the pedo-racist doth protest too much!
A Perkins sighting in the wild. Truly a rare sight
A wild Perkins appeared.

- Fight
- Item
- Run
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins

I rarely come back here and never actually post, but I just gotta know what MEM has done that sickens you so, G-man.

If you came back and/or posted more frequently you might know. ;\)

I hope you were not expecting him to actually answer. I think the simple sad truth is it's easier to be upset at the gay liberal for g than somebody from his "side". So if a neo nazi runs over some fellow Americans I'm the one g actually attacks.

I hope you were not expecting him to actually answer. I think the simple sad truth is it's easier to be upset at the gay liberal for g than somebody from his "side". So if a neo nazi runs over some fellow Americans I'm the one g actually attacks.

I have absolutely no problem condemning this 20-year-old Hitler-worshipping kid who ran over 19 people and killed one of them. The only possible extenuating circumstance is if the mob was attacking him in his car and he hit the gas to escape them. But I don't see that being raised as a possible defense, at least not yet.

Again, I don't believe this was the case, this 20 year old driver seems very motivated by neo-Nazi ideology. I would call it murder, and a hate-crime. But I would draw the line short of calling it "domestic terrorism". Like Dylan Root or Jared Loughner, there is a lot going on in these kids' heads that even their fellow racists would not endorse. They are not part of a movement telling them to kill people, they were not given a battle plan by a Nazi/racist book or website telling them to kill or how to kill. It is racist, it is a hate-crime, but it is not domestic terrorism.

That said, if it was self-defense (which again, I doubt) it could be a situation like the shooting of Trayvon Martin, or the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. In both cases it appeared to be a purely racist shooting, but facts and witnesses came forward to prove that both shooters were assaulted by the black men they killed.
But the victim in this case being a career woman with no record who worked in a law office (unlike the two violent thugs in the previous cases, both with records of crimes and violence), not to mention the other 19 people the driver attempted to run over, it seems highly unlikely to have been self-defense in protection from a mob. What I saw of the video, he was driving by at a distance and, unprovoked, just swerved and drove into the crowd.
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

There were incidents of white supremacists beaten up by minority/liberal opposition protesters, were there not? So there were two sides (white supremacists, and minority/liberals) committing violence, were there not?

Some good commentary in the opening minutes of Mediabuzz commentary on media coverage yesterday, 8-13-2017, about the double standard of Black Lives Matter killing cops in multiple cities where Obama did not condemn them, where the same media condemns Trump who actually did condemn all violence, but is demagogued by the media and Democrats for not specifically naming neo-nazis/racists.

More false equivalency by a propagandist. It shouldn't be hard to denounce neo nazis. It clearly was for Trump. Why?

I just googled the video on YouTube:

It does look like they were mobbed around his car with clubs ready to bash his head in. If he'd suddenly unprovoked driven into the crowd, I don't think they'd be carrying clubs, be chasing after him, and be climbing on his car. It looks like if he'd stopped, he would have been pulled out of the car and beaten to death.

As one of the YouTube comments said:
"So, peaceful protestors with baseball bats and batons? For sure..."

It's at least possible the racist supremacist protestors were protesting peacefully and vocally, before the other side provoked and escalated it with weapons. And outnumbered by a mob of at least 50 or so with baseball bats, the Hitler enthusiast in the car just tried to get out of there. It sure looks that way from this particular video footage.

Rush Limbaugh had some good commentary on the Charlottesville violence:

"It's not just the neo-nazis... there are two sides involved in violence, why is only one side being condemned?"

Also, the double standard in the media going after Trump for not directly condemning the supremacists. Whereas Obama never similarly condemned black violence, and in TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS invited Black Lives Matter leaders (the black equivalent of the Klan and white supremacists) on those TWO occasions (after Ferguson, MO, and after Baltimore MD) to the White House, in doing so not condemning them (where Trump DID) and giving legitimacy to their violence (which Trump DIDN'T).

If you came back and/or posted more frequently you might know. ;\)

Then can I assume it wasn't based on anything he said here?

It does look like they were mobbed around his car with clubs ready to bash his head in. If he'd suddenly unprovoked driven into the crowd, I don't think they'd be carrying clubs, be chasing after him, and be climbing on his car. It looks like if he'd stopped, he would have been pulled out of the car and beaten to death.

It's amazing how easily you came to that conclusion, especially since that video begins at the point of impact. In fact, that might be the only video you could have found that supported the idea that he was defending himself.

As one of the YouTube comments said:
"So, peaceful protestors with baseball bats and batons? For sure..."

It's at least possible the racist supremacist protestors were protesting peacefully and vocally, before the other side provoked and escalated it with weapons. And outnumbered by a mob of at least 50 or so with baseball bats, the Hitler enthusiast in the car just tried to get out of there. It sure looks that way from this particular video footage.

Are you saying that you completely missed all the videos and photos of white supremacist protestors in riot gear, carrying clubs, bottles, and other weapons?

You know they came to their "peaceful" protest with that stuff, yes?

Rush Limbaugh had some good commentary on the Charlottesville violence:

"It's not just the neo-nazis... there are two sides involved in violence, why is only one side being condemned?"

First off, both sides are being condemned. Do you, Rush Limbaugh, and the rest of the right-leaning media realize that they are part of the media too?

Seriously, I'm amazed that entire networks, radio shows, and websites have been able to keep up this narrative that "the mainstream media is left-leaning" when there are entire networks, radio shows, and websites devoted to this narrative.

Also, the double standard in the media going after Trump for not directly condemning the supremacists. Whereas Obama never similarly condemned black violence, and in TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS invited Black Lives Matter leaders (the black equivalent of the Klan and white supremacists) on those TWO occasions (after Ferguson, MO, and after Baltimore MD) to the White House, in doing so not condemning them (where Trump DID) and giving legitimacy to their violence (which Trump DIDN'T).

Please show me examples of Black Lives Matter committing violence. The one example I think you could be confusing is Micah Johnson, who followed the hate group the African American Defense League, but said he sympathized with BLM. Obviously, he wasn't a member of BLM. Or are you conflating the Ferguson riots with today's BLM?

I'm not saying examples don't exist, by the way, but I do know that crimes perpetrated by black people against police officers and others have often been attributed to BLM when no actual relation existed. I also know that, while I follow some right-wing media, you are far more likely to see a right-wing talking point like BLM violence than I am.

Also, yes, Obama should have condemned racism. Personally, I think he tended to avoid calling out racism from any side when violence happened (he was much more likely to talk about guns or the victims themselves), but I would have liked to have seen him call out groups like the African American Defense League by name. But that's still far better than trying to equate BLM and the KKK/neo-Nazis as equally guilty.
Just saw Trump's latest show. I miss having a real President.
\:\(
I was driving home, but someone sent me a transcript.

He's really the worst. Sickening.

This is exactly why no one who wasn't to the extreme right took him seriously when he called out the KKK, alt-right, "and other hate groups."
The "worst", "sickening" President Trump at 4:30 today:
"It's not just the one statue, they're taking down statues all over. We take down Robert E. Lee today... do we take down Washington tomorrow and Jefferson the next day?"

That's where this is headed. It's not just abolishing the monuments to Civil War history. It's ultimately a cultural Marxist siege against all of American history, the moral right for the United States to exist at all. To undermine patriotism and public belief in our western/capitalist Democracy, to pave the way for the socialist/globalist utopia planned to replace it (i.e., basically Orwell's 1984).

REALITY CHECK: History is filled with men who did both good and bad. You don't erase the pillars of human civilization and take down their statues and erase them from history just because they had flaws and made some bad decisions.
Should we similarly tear down the statues of Martin Luther King and erase his holiday because he was a womanizer and adulterer, and on a few occasions advocated violence to advance his civil rights agenda?
A bartender I knew once said "There was only one perfect man, and they nailed him to a cross." Arguably, no one is so perfect that it wouldn't be justified to erase them from history.

Add context to their monuments, but don't erase them from history.

Regarding Jason Perkins' comment about there being conservative media too, we've been over this about a billion times. Conservative media is a very tiny drop in an ocean of liberal spin. As I cited from Bernard Goldberg's book BIAS, the media in every poll for at least 50 years self-identifies as at least 80% "liberal" or "very liberal". Only 7% identify as conservative.

See also:
https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101

And beginning with the 2008 election, Tim Groseclose, college professor and author of the book LEFT TURN on media bias, cites that an overwhelming 93% of Washington-based reporters supported Obama.

More recently, a media study showed that 93% of all stories on both CNN and NBC on President Trump are negative. To say nothing of the only slightly less negative ratio of negative coverage on the other networks. That is an overwhelming bombardment on Trump every day.

AGAIN: Trump has condemned violence on both sides. Unlike Obama who >>>>NEVER<<<< condemned Black Lives Matter, and who even invited the Black Lives Matter leadership to the White House after they were killing cops, Trump >>>DID<<< condemn white supremacist violence, and >>>DID NOT<<<< similarly give legitimacy to white supremacists.

It is a fact that BOTH sides came to the Charlottesville protests with helmets and clubs, and both have a share of blame in the violence. I don't support either the white supremacists dipshits, or the "Antifa" dipshits (who are as fascist and violent as what they claim to oppose). But unlike M E M, Mr. Jason Perkins, and the liberal media, I do hold both sides to the same standard.

When I watched the coverage, I only ever saw about 200 at most white supremacist protestors, vastly outnumbered by thousands of "Antifa" (anti-fascist) counter-protestors. Some white supremacists there I saw interviewed were belligerent and clearly wanted to kick some ass. Others I saw interviewed said they were carrying weapons "just in case" to protect themselves if attacked. And they knew going in they would be vastly outnumbered.

AGAIN: Trump NEVER in any way supported the white supremacists, has been more critical of violence on both sides, than Obama ever was less than a year ago of even greater violence by Black Lives Matter, which he NEVER condemned, never questioned the legitimacy of the rhetoric that led to the shootings, in multiple cities.
Jason, I watched your ABC News video on the Charlottesville car attack, and frankly thought it was pretty uninformative. It showed a brief few seconds at the beginning that show the car approaching the crowd from a distance, but mostly just uninformed speculation by the ABC field reporter and news anchor.

You allege that I selectively chose the video I posted of the crash to support the argument that the driver could have possibly been just trying to escape an angry club-wielding mob who outnumbered him. But I just picked the first video I googled up on YouTube.

Here's another that was linked from your video, that shows a lot more of the crash, and multiple crowd clashes, without commentary:

car plows into protestors in Charlottesville, VA (bystander camera footage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0AmtqDp4tg

It clearly stated, from its title, that the car attack was unprovoked, and AGAIN, AS I SAID ABOVE, I think that is very likely the case. But I at least explore the possibility that it could have been provoked, with video to show the angry club-wielding mob chasing him, before, during and after the impact. The guy's "Hitler obsessed" ideology and the fact that he had previously assaulted his mother beginning at age 14 doesn't add to his self-defense credibility.

Also in this above video, you can see over and over that the white supremacist types, whatever their beliefs, are over and over marching peacefully when the "Antifa" mob on either side periodically surges and attacks them. It's often hard to see which side is which, but it looks to me like both sides tried to get in their hits.

And here's an outstanding commentary by Jesse Waters, again citing the violence on both sides, and the incredible hypocrisy of the Democrat/Left's and liberal media's condemnation of Trump, who has been far more more critical of violence and condemning it on both sides, while these same media Trump-bashers give a complete free pass to Obama and the Left violence, failure to name the guilty parties in multiple incidents, including the Hodgkinson shooting of Republican congressmen, Islamic car attacks, and multiple Black Lives Matter shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlMRtQcSdWE

I don't have a problem with Trump's initial tweet because the violence on both sides should be condemned.

To argue otherwise is really just a variation on people saying "it's only okay when my side does it."

That being said, there is simply no evidence to justify what that asshole with the car did. People trying to say "well, the liberals started it" in this case are wrong and should just shut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOx7NMbMkU

In a nutshell, Democrat officials set up protest zones for the counter-protestors (ANTIFA) in two zones right up against the pro-Robert E. Lee statue protestors, instead of apart and separated by police, as they are at more responsibly city-approved/orchestrated protests in other cities.
So inevitably, they would clash.
And responsible city planning for the protest and adequate placement of law enforcement would have prevented it, and even (at 10:30 in the video) would have prevented the driver's ability to strike the crowd with his car.

So at every point, Democrat officials set up the event to inevitably lead to a violent clash, which they wanted, so the news coverage would be about the violence, and not the issues raised by the protestors.

And...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVOg3ti5MLk

A play-by-play, from a guy who was at the organizational center of the protests, and how they were suppressed and led by police into an ambush by Leftists, to prevent them from making their peaceful prepared speeches. He says that the majority were not KKK/supremacist types.

I'd like to hear what they actually wanted to say, so I could judge for myself. In all the footage, I saw people walking with Confederate, white supremacist and Nazi flags and symbols. Maybe that's what the mainstream media, including Fox News, chose to show, to portray it that way. The one I could see them logically carrying is the Confederate flag, since this is about preserving Confederate monuments and history. But even in a crowd of 200 or 300 "heritage" supporters, who would have any part of a march that included Nazi flags or white supremacist/KKK symbols?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kessler

I don't have a problem with Trump's initial tweet because the violence on both sides should be condemned.

To argue otherwise is really just a variation on people saying "it's only okay when my side does it."

Yes.
And that's exactly what Obama did with Black Lives Matter, and protestors over Ferguson MO and Trayvon Martin.

Originally Posted By: the G-Man

That being said, there is simply no evidence to justify what that asshole with the car did. People trying to say "well, the liberals started it" in this case are wrong and should just shut up.

In the incident with the car, yes, it looks like he drove into the crowd from a long distance unprovoked.

Maybe he was part of the white supremacist crowd who got clubbed, and came back in his car for payback. But even if he and/or his friends were clubbed by the Antifa guys first, that's no excuse for what he did. He should have never gone in with his car.

As Jason Perkins pointed out, when he initially drove into the crowd from a few hundred yards away, there was no one around him. It appears to me he got mobbed by people with clubs when he got to the point of impact.

One more behind-the-scenes by one of the demonstration organizers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOoh_bbvwU

Pay special attention to the part between 5:00 and 7:00 in the video. Where they petitioned the city to lawfully and peacefully protest, it was first unlawfully denied, until they then sued with the assistance of the ACLU, no less, and got a legal approval for their protest.

Then they showed up as lawfully permitted by the city, and once they got all the way to the protest site, the police shoved them out of the safe barricaded planned area of their protest, and pushed them (with video footage showing the cops doing it) into the waiting arms of the Antifa rioters, who clubbed and threw rocks at them all the way to the parking lot.
They followed legal procedure, but then the procedure they followed was bait-and-switched, and suddenly declared illegal, leaving them nowhere to go. Certainly nowhere safe.

So much for the rule of law.

Charlottesville Riot Police unlawfully shutdown permitted rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgc2zFoVmE

Definitely not endorsing the message, but these guys weren't hurting anyone. It's disturbing what the Charlottesville police did (or actually, I assume the VSP on their helmets are the Virginia State Police. The Charlottsville city police were MIA and only showed up later.) At the end they're shouting at the police pushing them, that they're being pushed right into the opposing Antifa protestors, who are waiting for them with rocks and clubs. And as is visible, the police just stood there and let them be beaten.
The police did the polar opposite of keeping the hostile sides apart, they pushed the white nationalist protestors right into the waiting clubs of the Antifa mob that vastly outnumbered them. The police CREATED the violence.

See the Sparks that set off violence in Charlottesville (National Geographic documentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDIfPhx-Fm0

Trump's statement Saturday, August 12, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqx5PQXDpwA

His actual words, as opposed to the Democrat/ Liberal media and backstabbing establishment Republicans' distortions of what he actually said. He condemned all sides that were visibly stoking violence in Charlottesville.

Whereas the city of Charlottesville...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlottesville,_Virginia

... is overwhelmingly Democrat. All the local officials who sent these cops out there to do this, and perhaps the cops themselves.

And Trump's no-holds-barred press conference Yesterday. Where he absolutely refused to be boxed in by the liberal media who tried to spin it their way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alc_x49hLuw

I love how he started with bureaucracy he eliminated with executive order, that will bring manufacturing back to the United States. Then as soon as he finished, the very first question was about business executive who resigned from his jobs program allegedly because of his Saturday statement about Charlottesville. Trump took control of that onslaught beautifully.
He pleased his hard base but that isn't being President. White supremacists were also pleased with his performance yesterday. They went through the campus the night before the "unite the right" rally with their tiki torches and their chants. And now we have a President that really has a hard time calling that evil out. You have to know he wasn't being sincere when he said he was waiting for the facts.
He pleased his hard base but that isn't being President. White supremacists were also pleased with his performance yesterday. They went through the campus the night before the "unite the right" rally with their tiki torches and their chants. And now we have a President that really has a hard time calling that evil out. You have to know he wasn't being sincere when he said he was waiting for the facts.

AGAIN: Trump condemned both sides. He called evil out! On both sides! Wouldn't a president who's didn't just "please his base" condemn both sides? I recall news stories about David Duke, citing Duke's Twitter posts, being unhappy with Trump's blanket condemnation, so that manifests white supremacists weren't "pleased" with Trump's performance. I posted both of Trump's entire press conference, and Trump repeatedly described the supremacist portion of the protestors as disgusting, a national embarrassment, and completely unacceptable in America.
Whereas Obama >>>NEVER<<< condemned Black Lives Matter, even after they were killing cops. And Obama even further gave BLM endorsement and legitimacy and invited them to the White House on multiple occasions.

Polls overwhelmingly show the public sees race relations as more damaged and wider apart because of Obama's actions as president.

"It's not just the one statue, they're taking down statues all over. We take down Robert E. Lee today... do we take down Washington tomorrow and Jefferson the next day?"

This is a ridiculous argument.

Two are Founding Fathers and American presidents. The other is a piece of shit who betrayed his country when he lead a war against it to preserve the slavery of an entire race.

This isn't a slippery slope. The difference is clear.

REALITY CHECK: History is filled with men who did both good and bad. You don't erase the pillars of human civilization and take down their statues and erase them from history just because they had flaws and made some bad decisions.

Right. Like those statues of Benedict Arnold and John Wilkes Booth all over the place.

But let's get to the nuts and bolts of this. No, deciding that it's not appropriate to commemorate villains is not the same as erasing them from history. Germany has zero statues of Hitler, but every German citizen knows who he was and what he did.

The truth is, even if the vast majority of these monuments weren't erected during the Jim Crow era to paint the Southern cause as just and white supremacy as legitimate, you still wouldn't have a point.

Should we similarly tear down the statues of Martin Luther King and erase his holiday because he was a womanizer and adulterer, and on a few occasions advocated violence to advance his civil rights agenda?

Absolutely not, because calling slavery and treason the same as courting violence upon protestors for the greater goal of America finally seeing itself, which it did, would be a false equivalence and false equivalences are stupid.

Regarding Jason Perkins' comment about there being conservative media too, we've been over this about a billion times. Conservative media is a very tiny drop in an ocean of liberal spin. As I cited from Bernard Goldberg's book BIAS, the media in every poll for at least 50 years self-identifies as at least 80% "liberal" or "very liberal". Only 7% identify as conservative.

See also:

And beginning with the 2008 election, Tim Groseclose, college professor and author of the book LEFT TURN on media bias, cites that an overwhelming 93% of Washington-based reporters supported Obama.

More recently, a media study showed that 93% of all stories on both CNN and NBC on President Trump are negative. To say nothing of the only slightly less negative ratio of negative coverage on the other networks. That is an overwhelming bombardment on Trump every day.

First, I've noticed you brand a lot of information that comes from liberal outlets as inaccurate because the outlets are liberal, but don't do the same for books from Fox pundits, conservative websites, and so forth.

There's not any point to that. It's not very surprising. But it is always very interesting.

Second, are you talking about journalists? The only polls I could find that upheld that 7% number you gave were polls of journalists themselves, and while I could go on and on about how polls that ask people about their own political leanings don't actually prove anything, I'd rather bring attention to the fact that the vast majority of journalists in those polls self-identified as independent or "other."

To get to that 80% number, you'd have to label everyone who self identified as an independent a liberal and everyone who self-identified as a Democrat as "very liberal." Is that what you're doing?

Third, JESUS H.! Even Fox News can't love Trump. I knew even they were talking about his gaffes--I've watched way more Fox News than I care to admit--but they still can't come up positive, even as they try to spin his shit as something other than shit.

Maybe when he actually does something right, he'll get in the green, at least at Fox News. I mean, I think the overall effect of his handling of North Korea has been positive, but that was more of a "crazy meets crazy with a bigger army" kinda thing.

AGAIN: Trump has condemned violence on both sides.

And again, not good enough. When you're dealing with a hate group, you should call it out by name, instead of giving them the wink and the nod they need to believe you're on their side.

Also, you maybe condemn racism itself because that's bad too.

Unlike Obama who >>>>NEVER<<<< condemned Black Lives Matter, and who even invited the Black Lives Matter leadership to the White House after they were killing cops, Trump >>>DID<<< condemn white supremacist violence, and >>>DID NOT<<<< similarly give legitimacy to white supremacists.

You said the stuff about BLM before. I responded to it before. I won't even bother doing it again. But I will say that insisting that he did not give the white supremacists legitimacy doesn't make it so.

Most people see his three remarks as a showing of support. Many members of his own party see them as support. Members of the president's staff see them as support. The racists themselves see them as support.

“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth.” If David Duke likes what's coming out of your mouth, there's an extremely good chance you're on the wrong side.

It is a fact that BOTH sides came to the Charlottesville protests with helmets and clubs, and both have a share of blame in the violence. I don't support either the white supremacists dipshits, or the "Antifa" dipshits (who are as fascist and violent as what they claim to oppose). But unlike M E M, Mr. Jason Perkins, and the liberal media, I do hold both sides to the same standard.

Damn right I don't. I don't think fighting for the plight of Nazis, klansmen, and white supremacists is the same as fighting against them.

I don't, and I don't apologize for that.

And I'm guessing none of the brave men and women who fought on the right side in World War II do either.

The only difference I can possibly see is if Antifa attacked first. Do you have any solid evidence that shows they did?

When I watched the coverage, I only ever saw about 200 at most white supremacist protestors, vastly outnumbered by thousands of "Antifa" (anti-fascist) counter-protestors.

Good.

I can't find any legit source that gives a count of the people on both sides, and, frankly, your eyes aren't unbiased sources, but I'd be thrilled to find out that the anti-racists outnumbered the racists by that much.

Some white supremacists there I saw interviewed were belligerent and clearly wanted to kick some ass. Others I saw interviewed said they were carrying weapons "just in case" to protect themselves if attacked. And they knew going in they would be vastly outnumbered.

Are you alluding to the idea that the white supremacists were calmer and less violent than the counter-protestors, or that there was a lower number of violent white supremacists there? Are you saying that there weren't any Antifa protesters there who carried weapons 'just in case"? If so, I'd like to see your evidence of that.

AGAIN: Trump NEVER in any way supported the white supremacists, has been more critical of violence on both sides, than Obama ever was less than a year ago of even greater violence by Black Lives Matter, which he NEVER condemned, never questioned the legitimacy of the rhetoric that led to the shootings, in multiple cities.

He supported them when he was asked if he condemned the white supremacists and chose to walk out of the room instead.

He supported white supremacists when he gave moral equivalence to klansmen and BLM, as you have.

He supported them when, after insisting that others must call radical Islamic terrorism by its name, he had to be pressured into reading a denouncement of the KKK "and other hate groups" off a piece of paper.

He supported them when he used the same speech to tout employment numbers.

He supported them when he said there were very fine people on the side that shouted "Jews will not replace us!"

I think the difference between you, Wonder Boy, Trump, and the conservative media and "M E M, Mr. Jason Perkins, and the liberal media" is that we don't put people who chant "Jews will not replace us," "Blood and soil!" and "Fuck you, fa***ts," on the same level as people who chant "No Trump! No KKK! No fascist USA!" and "Black lives matter!" We don't answer requests to denounce white supremacists with "Well, what about the other guys!"

You ask me to denounce racists specifically, I denounce those racists specifically. I don't also denounce the people fighting against those racists in an attempt to soften the blow.

And we don't work super hard to give racist fucks who plow through protesters the benefit of the doubt. If the evidence defends him, fine. We'll accept it. But "maybe it was self defense" ain't our first reply.

Not that you did that last part, G-man.
Well put Jason
Well put Jason

No, it wasn't.

Jason Perkins basically said that when people agree with him, they can bash in heads.
And people who disagree with him should have no protection under the law, or even protection from bat-wielding thugs.

Mob rule. HIS mob.
That wasn't what he said. He said if the evidence defends him fine. You however are bending over backwards for some nazi trash
Well put Jason

No, it wasn't.

Jason Perkins basically said that when people agree with him, they can bash in heads.
And people who disagree with him should have no protection under the law, or even protection from bat-wielding thugs.

Mob rule. HIS mob.

Go ahead and give yourself a solid fist to the face to stand against fascism. #punchanazi*

*This is only because I'm not sure if it is legal to tell someone to kill his or her self on the internet any more.
And to think this started over Civil War statues (which weren't created until decades afterward during the rise of the Klan and Jim Crow laws butthat'snoneofmybusiness). I always thought that particular crowd was against participation trophies for losers...
Buht muh hairytudge!

No, it's not. Because that is precisely where groups of the Left have said they would like to take it.

And I've seen multiple pundits across the airwaves raise the same question. AS I ALREADY SAID, Cultural Marxists want to undermine the foundations of our government. It is not a ridiculous argument, it is one endlessly fronted by the Left.

Two are Founding Fathers and American presidents. The other is a piece of shit who betrayed his country when he lead a war against it to preserve the slavery of an entire race.

This isn't a slippery slope. The difference is clear.

Then I think you don't know much about Robert E. Lee. Lee was a kind and honorable man, and an exceptional officer, who was torn between two heartfelt loyalties. As were millions in the Civil War. I'm not a Civil War enthusiast or a pro-Confederacy guy, but the Civil War documentaries I've seen about Robert E. Lee, he was a man of exceptional character. As was Irwin Rommel in the German army. Rommel served Hitler reluctantly, but finally participated in the Valkyrie coup against Hitler, and was forced to commit suicide to prevent further retribution by the Nazis against his family.

Right. Like those statues of Benedict Arnold and John Wilkes Booth all over the place.

Benedict Arnold attempted to betray the U.S. to the British out of a mixture of vanity and financial gain. His was the ultimate betrayal, by one of Washington's most trusted officers.

John Wilkes Booth likewise did nothing valiant before he snuck up behind a president and shot him in the back of the head.

And show me one traitor or assassin in all of history who has statues built in his honor. Your comparison is a non-sequitur.

But let's get to the nuts and bolts of this. No, deciding that it's not appropriate to commemorate villains is not the same as erasing them from history. Germany has zero statues of Hitler, but every German citizen knows who he was and what he did.

Wrong again. My father worked for IBM 25 years before he retired. One of the places we were sent in the 1960's was Stuttgart, Germany, for 2 years. My parents would travel both with and without us, and he said that every city and town had monuments with the names of all the men from the town who had died in World War II. These were soldiers who fought for their country, but one could argue (like slave-holders in the U.S., or Confederate soldiers) that they don't warrant a monument.

Granted, there aren't state monuments to Hitler. But Germany still honors those from that era who historically served their country. And Germany is a nation that was uniquely forced by their conquerors to be fully conscious of their national atrocities during the Nazi Era, and educate generations of future Germans in schools of these atrocities.
Read THE RAPE OF NANKING by Iris Chang, highlighting the atrocities in Japan during the same era. Atrocities that at least match the worst of the Nazis: genocide, human experiments, mass raping of women, "comfort women" (about 200,000 women from conquered nations conscripted into brutal service as sex slaves to service Japanese troops) very little of which most Japanese are aware of, their education of it is not required as it is for similar national crimes in Germany.

The truth is, even if the vast majority of these monuments weren't erected during the Jim Crow era to paint the Southern cause as just and white supremacy as legitimate, you still wouldn't have a point.

They're statues of generals and soldiers of the Civil War. One of them, a mass grave of Confederate soldiers, was created by Union soldiers who buried them. Despite that they were the enemy, the Union still honored them. The Civil War is unique in that the North and South were fighting their fellow Americans.

There's a bumper sticker I saw once, with a Confederate flag, that said "Heritage, not hate." I'm for displaying these monuments in added context, not tearing them down. In some cases maybe moving them to museums or private property.

Absolutely not, because calling slavery and treason the same as courting violence upon protestors for the greater goal of America finally seeing itself, which it did, would be a false equivalence and false equivalences are stupid.

So you openly advocate mob violence on people you disagree with?
You advocate lawlessness, so long as it is unleashed on people you don't like.
And that is different from advocating the lynching of blacks, or the lynching of white students working for civil rights in the early 1960's... how?

You embrace lawlessness, so long as it is lawlessness and violence against people you don't like. You find a context where lawlessness and violence is okay, so long as it isn't YOUR side that's attacked. Because in your subjective self-righteousness, the people you don't like are immoral and wrong, and therefore should have no free speech or protection under the law.
You've just voiced the same mentality of Nazi Germany against the Jews.
The same mentality as the Jim Crow South against blacks, only with the races reversed. Your brethren on the Left have ALREADY engaged in violence for years against people who aren't racist, but have simply expressed conservative views, and been subject to intimidation, silenced free speech, and violence, including Ann Coulter, Karl Rove, Trump supporters at rallies, Condoleezza Rice, and Milo Yianopoulos, among many others. At some point will anyone with a Republican/conservative view be subject to loss of free speech and/or violence, because opposition on the Left deems their views to be "hate speech"? That's already a prevalent mentality among liberals, that ANY Republican, or ANY Trump supporter is basically is an intolerant racist bigot who does not deserve free speech or protection from violence.

I got some heat a year or so ago from Iggy for saying "Republicans are the scapegoated Jews in Obama's Germany", but even after Obama, that is increasingly true in the mentality AND VIOLENT ACTIONS of the Left.

See also:

https://i1.wp.com/shorensteincenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Figure-6-NEW-web.png

First, I've noticed you brand a lot of information that comes from liberal outlets as inaccurate because the outlets are liberal, but don't do the same for books from Fox pundits, conservative websites, and so forth.

There's not any point to that. It's not very surprising. But it is always very interesting.

I certainly do that with liberal hit pieces that cite anonymous sources, and there are many examples of false stories in just the last year from the likes of the New York Times and Washington Post, and broadcast liberal media like CNN and NBC, where these stories were quickly proven false (i.e., Fake News).

What I cited above is a researched sourced study by Harvard. Definitely not what I would call right wing media. All the more shocking because it is corroborated by Harvard, and not Media Research Center.

Second, are you talking about journalists? The only polls I could find that upheld that 7% number you gave were polls of journalists themselves, and while I could go on and on about how polls that ask people about their own political leanings don't actually prove anything, I'd rather bring attention to the fact that the vast majority of journalists in those polls self-identified as independent or "other."

I've been clear many times in citing that. It is journalists themselves who self-identify as 80% liberal, and 7% conservative.

And increasingly, journalists in more recent polls identify as "independent" out of self-consciousness that they are admitting their bias if they honestly say "liberal". But in the last election, it was revealed BY DONATIONS TO CAMPAIGNS their overwhelming bias by these ratios remains.
Likewise among FBI, State Department, IRS and other federal agencies that are attacking and leaking on Trump.
Likewise college professors.
Likewise NEA unionized teachers.

Originally Posted By: Jason E Perkins
To get to that 80% number, you'd have to label everyone who self identified as an independent a liberal and everyone who self-identified as a Democrat as "very liberal." Is that what you're doing?

80% identify as either "liberal" or very liberal". That's what I've cited, on multiple occasions. Cited from BIAS by Bernard Goldberg.

Third, JESUS H.! Even Fox News can't love Trump. I knew even they were talking about his gaffes--I've watched way more Fox News than I care to admit--but they still can't come up positive, even as they try to spin his shit as something other than shit.

That's overstating it. Fox News's coverage is cited above in that giant graph as 52% negative/48% positive. Unlike the other networks, they have a balanced representation of both sides regarding Trump and other issues.

Maybe when he actually does something right, he'll get in the green, at least at Fox News. I mean, I think the overall effect of his handling of North Korea has been positive, but that was more of a "crazy meets crazy with a bigger army" kinda thing.

That's just pure snarky opinion, with nothing to back it up.

AGAIN: Trump has condemned violence on both sides.

Quote:
And again, not good enough. When you're dealing with a hate group, you should call it out by name, instead of giving them the wink and the nod they need to believe you're on their side.

Again, that's your snarky subjective opinion, with nothing to back it up. Trump condemned both sides who engaged in violence in the Charlottesville protests.

Also, you maybe condemn racism itself because that's bad too.

I definitely condemn racism. But apparently you don't recognize that racism is a two-way street. In the realm of Political Correctness, only whites are accountable, and minority racism and violence toward whites is invisible, not held accountable, virtually unreported by the [liberal] media, and not held accountable by law enforcement and courts.
And is approved of with a "Good." from you, because racists (or really, any Republican you disagree with) are not entitled to free speech or protection from violence under the law. Because (in your subjective opinion) you're morally right, and anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot and morally wrong.

Unlike Obama who >>>>NEVER<<<< condemned Black Lives Matter, and who even invited the Black Lives Matter leadership to the White House after they were killing cops, Trump >>>DID<<< condemn white supremacist violence, and >>>DID NOT<<<< similarly give legitimacy to white supremacists.

You said the stuff about BLM before. I responded to it before. I won't even bother doing it again. But I will say that insisting that he did not give the white supremacists legitimacy doesn't make it so.

Trump condemned the supremacist protestors' violence and their racist views repeatedly, what more do you want? It just galls you that he holds the Left to the same standard and condemns them too. Trump said both sides came with helmets and shields and baseball bats, and engaged in violence. How much more fair could he be in his condemnation?

Most people see his three remarks as a showing of support.

And by that you mean: most partisan liberals like yourself. There is absolutely nothing Trump could say that would be satisfactory to you and other Democrats. You will always spin it negatively, no matter how right he is.

Quote:
Many members of his own party see them as support. Members of the president's staff see them as support.

Many like McCain and Graham WHO SIDED AGAINST TRUMP IN THE 2016 ELECTION (i.e., opposing Republican Establishment, or Never-Trumpers )have condemned Trump's response. There are Republicans who never supported Trump, and criticize him at every opportunity. This is another opportunity.

The racists themselves see them as support.

This is quantifiably not true, or half true at best. David Duke and others have repeatedly condemned Trump for "abandoning his supporters" (i.e., them). Duke has been intermittent with praise and condemnation of Trump's comments about Charlottesville, when he feels it serves him, not Trump.
But you can't control who supports you. I recall the Black Panthers, Palestinian Authority, and even Al Qaida supported Obama. And I recall the liberal media reacted very differently (i.e., with selective omission and absolute silence) to those endorsements.

Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins, quting Duke?
“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth.” If David Duke likes what's coming out of your mouth, there's an extremely good chance you're on the wrong side.

There's an extremely good chance Duke is self-serving, irregardless of Trump.

It is a fact that BOTH sides came to the Charlottesville protests with helmets and clubs, and both have a share of blame in the violence. I don't support either the white supremacist dipshits, or the "Antifa" dipshits (who are as fascist and violent as what they claim to oppose). But unlike M E M, Mr. Jason Perkins, and the liberal media, I do hold both sides to the same standard.

Damn right I don't. I don't think fighting for the plight of Nazis, klansmen, and white supremacists is the same as fighting against them.

I don't, and I don't apologize for that.

I addressed this above. You endorse lawlessness and mob violence, so long as it's your mob that comes out on top.

And I'm guessing none of the brave men and women who fought on the right side in World War II do either.

I cited in a topic 2 years ago on the Confederate Flag (covering similar politics of what Confederate monuments and history represent) before that military units in W W II fought under the banner of the Confederate flag (cited from Wikipedia Confederate Flag).

The only difference I can possibly see is if Antifa attacked first. Do you have any solid evidence that shows they did?

I posted multiple videos showing the white supremacist demonstrators marching down the street, and being swarmed multiple times unprovoked by Antifa protestors who vastly outnumbered them.

When I watched the coverage, I only ever saw about 200 at most white supremacist protestors, vastly outnumbered by thousands of "Antifa" (anti-fascist) counter-protestors.

Good.

I can't find any legit source that gives a count of the people on both sides, and, frankly, your eyes aren't unbiased sources, but I'd be thrilled to find out that the anti-racists outnumbered the racists by that much.

The video I posted is an unbiased source. It is a record of what actually happened.

Some white supremacists there I saw interviewed were belligerent and clearly wanted to kick some ass. Others I saw interviewed said they were carrying weapons "just in case" to protect themselves if attacked. And they knew going in they would be vastly outnumbered.

Are you alluding to the idea that the white supremacists were calmer and less violent than the counter-protestors, or that there was a lower number of violent white supremacists there? Are you saying that there weren't any Antifa protesters there who carried weapons 'just in case"? If so, I'd like to see your evidence of that.

You just completely manufactured those ideas. I said what is quoted above, loud and clear.

I saw interviews on Fox of supremacists who said "I've got this [packing handgun in holster], just in case." Since there were no shots fired, he obviously, despite everything, had the restraint not to use it.

The footage I saw (and youtube linked) shows Antifa brandishing clubs and running at the white supremacist marchers. I said both sides had belligerents who came to kick some ass. But in the video, it shows Antifa saying "Here they come!" about the supremacist marchers, and ambushing them when they got them in position.

Similarly, when police drove the supremacists from the area they LEGALLY PETITIONED to be at, and police drove them right into the wielding Antifa mob waiting to ambush them.

Draw your own conclusions. The math isn't hard.

He [Trump?] supported them when he [Trump?] was asked if he {Trump?]condemned the white supremacists and chose to walk out of the room instead.

AGAIN: In your subjective opinion. Trump made a public statement and clearly condemned the white supremacist message, and violence by both sides.
At some point Trump (or Obama before him) has to end a press conference, and only declined to repeat what he had already said.

He supported white supremacists when he gave moral equivalence to klansmen and BLM, as you have.

AGAIN:
discoverthenetworks.org, BLACK LIVES MATTER listing:

Quote:
Founded by Marxist revolutionaries in 2013, Black Lives Matter (BLM) depicts the United States as a nation awash in racism, sexism, and homophobia, and openly promotes the murder of white police officers. Demonstrators at BLM events routinely: smear white police as trigger-happy bigots who are intent upon killing innocent, unarmed black males; taunt, and direct obscenities at, uniformed police officers who are on duty; throw rocks at police and threaten to kill them; and celebrate in the streets when a police officer is killed. Some examples of BLM's racist and incendiary rhetoric:
•At a December 2014 BLM rally in New York City, marchers chanted in unison: "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now."
•At a BLM march in August 2015, protesters chanted : “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon.” (“Pigs” was a reference to police officers, and "blanket" was a reference to body bags.)
•On a BLM-affiliated radio program the following month, the hosts laughed at the recent assassination of a white Texas deputy; boasted that blacks were like lions who could prevail in a “race war” against whites; happily predicted that "we will witness more executions and killing of white people and cops than we ever have before"; and declared that "It's open season on killing white people and crackas.”
•In November 2015, a group of approximately 150 BLM protesters shouting "Black Lives Matter," stormed Dartmouth University's library, screaming, “Fu** you, you filthy white fu**s!," "Fu** you and your comfort!," and "Fu** you, you racist sh**!”
•In July 2016, a BLM activist speaking to a CNN reporter shouted: "The less white babies on this planet, the less of you [white adults] we got! I hope they kill all the white babies! Kill 'em all right now! Kill 'em! Kill your grandkids! Kill yourself! Coffin, bitch! Go lay in a coffin! Kill yourself!"

At all BLM events, demonstrators invoke the words that the Marxist revolutionary, former Black Panther, convicted cop-killer, and longtime fugitive Assata Shakur once wrote in a letter titled “To My People”: “It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains.” (The fourth line was drawn from the Communist Manifesto of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.) In Shakur's original letter, she described herself as a “Black revolutionary” who had “declared war on the rich who prosper on our poverty, the politicians who lie to us with smiling faces, and all the mindless, heart-less robots [police] who protect them and their property.”

Another figure greatly admired by BLM is Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, formerly known as H. Rap Brown, who in the 1960s was renowned for threatening that blacks would "burn America down," and for urging blacks to murder "honkies." In the spring of 2000, Al-Amin shot two black law-enforcement officers in downtown Atlanta, killing one of them. ....

I see a lot of rhetoric there that is identical to the Ku Klux Klan: eagerly anticipating a race war on whites, wanting to exterminate whites, virulently hate-filled racist rhetoric.

They are identical in rhetoric. Clearly!
The difference only exists in your partisan mind.

He [Trump] supported them[Charlottesville protestors?] when, after insisting that others must call radical Islamic terrorism by its name, he had to be pressured into reading a denouncement of the KKK "and other hate groups" off a piece of paper.

Did you even watch either press conference I posted of Trump's reaction to Charlottesville?
He made some prepared remarks, but he certainly condemned the supremacist protestors repeatedly and in his own words. It again just galls you that he held the opposing Antifa side's violence to the same condemnation.

He supported them when he used the same speech to tout employment numbers.

Good God. You want him to stop all the nation's business just to acknowledge some belligerents went at each other in Charlottesville with sticks?
That is not reasonable.

And I think that is precisely the goal of the Left and the liberal media, every day they are trying to create distractions and side issues, to take President Trump off message and one day further away from enacting any reforms.

I don't fault Trump for quietly not allowing them to derail him from enacting things more important to most Americans. If he is re-elected, it will be because he creates jobs and prosperity, not because he made a PC verbal stand on Charlottesville. Liberals and the media will NEVER NEVER be satisfied with any position Trump voices.

There are multiple examples where Obama said virtually the same thing in a similar situation, and was not subject to the same criticism by the Democrat/Left and the liberal media (which are really one and the same).

He[Trump] supported them when he said there were very fine people on the side that shouted "Jews will not replace us!"

I actually thought the torchlight white supremacist protestors were saying "YOU will not replace us."
I saw stories today that verify it was "JEWS".

And you are absolutely insane if you truly believe that Trump supports that message.

Trump said that AMONG the protestors, some were white racists, and some were there advocating a "heritage, not hate" preservation of the Robert E. Lee statue and other Confederate historic monuments, who were NOT racists.

In the Confederate flag topic a few years ago, I even cited a group of blacks who advocated preservation of Confederate monuments.

You seem incapable of processing the idea that someone can advocate preservation of monuments without being a racist. And you extend that same intolerant "defending free speech=racism" conflation to Trump, no matter how much he condemns the racist message, and racist-motivated violence.

I happen to like having a president who holds all protestor violence in condemnation, on all sides. Unlike Obama who chose sides in what a black historian Thomas Sowell called a "revenge/payback society" instead of the post-racial society Obama was elected to reign in. Obama took us backward into an ugly place, and polls on the widespread perception of a decline in race relations under Obama overwhelmingly confirm that.

The Left wants one-sided justice. The rest of America wants equal protection (and equal punishment) under the law. I hope Trump can reverse the descent into lawlessness that you endorse.
That wasn't what he said. He said if the evidence defends him fine. You however are bending over backwards for some nazi trash

No, I'm not. I'm defending the rule of law, and the right to free speech, even free speech we don't like.

I'm confident that if the peaceful demonstration/dialogue were permitted, these neo-KKK white supremacists would lose in the open exchange of ideas. Denying them speech and beating them up in Charlottesville gives them martyrdom, and demonstrates the Antifa side are as thuggish and wrong as the supremacists.

If the Antifa side had simply limited themselves to a dialogue, they would have handily won. I don't defend anyone who marches with supremacist/Nazi flags and symbols. The white supremacist demonstrators lost all credibility at this point for me. They are as mired in hate ideology as the Black Lives Matter movement.

But ultimately, all this is about smearing Trump and conflating him with racist extremists.
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Well put Jason

No, it wasn't.

Mob rule. HIS mob.

Go ahead and give yourself a solid fist to the face to stand against fascism. #punchanazi*

*This is only because I'm not sure if it is legal to tell someone to kill his or her self on the internet any more.

You're a petty vindictive schmuck.
And you prove it every time you post.
End of story.
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
And to think this started over Civil War statues (which weren't created until decades afterward during the rise of the Klan and Jim Crow laws but that'snoneofmybusiness). I always thought that particular crowd was against participation trophies for losers...

I don't know the specific dates these statues and other monuments were erected.

The Ku Klux Klan for most of its existence was in the tens of thousands. It reached a membership in the millions only for a brief time, in the early 1920's after World War I, due to:
1) White factory workers had gone of to war in Europe, and were replaced by black labor and immigrants who filled their jobs in factories and worked for lower wages. When the white men came back from the war, factory owners didn't want to give them back their jobs.
2) a huge surge in annual immigration that likewise was displacing and pricing out white workers

The KKK quickly declined in membership because of 1) scandal involving their leadership that swiftly delegitimized them, and 2) a lowering of annual immigration to 200,000-300,000 immigrants a year (that was previous to that over 1 million a year), a policy that lasted until 1965.

No, I'm not. I'm defending the rule of law, and the right to free speech, even free speech we don't like.

I'm confident that if the peaceful demonstration/dialogue were permitted, these neo-KKK white supremacists would lose in the open exchange of ideas. Denying them speech and beating them up in Charlottesville gives them martyrdom, and demonstrates the Antifa side are as thuggish and wrong as the supremacists.

If the Antifa side had simply limited themselves to a dialogue, they would have handily won. I don't defend anyone who marches with supremacist/Nazi flags and symbols. The white supremacist demonstrators lost all credibility at this point for me. They are as mired in hate ideology as the Black Lives Matter movement.

But ultimately, all this is about smearing Trump and conflating him with racist extremists.

Here you're giving a false equivalence to the two sides again. Black Lives Matter isn't about racial superiority. The side you have been bending over backwards for does. And you know Jason Perkins, he's never been a mob rules guy but because it suits your needs you accuse him of that despite what he's said. On the other hand you're confident that the white supremacists would have been peaceful if nobody stood up to them. That's overly generous given their actions Friday night before the rally. And for those "fine folk" that were at a rally full of KKK, neo nazis and white supremacists, maybe they need to take a look in the mirror. The good guys don't draw that crowd
CNN: Robert E. Lee's great-great grandson OK with Confederate statues coming down

By Polo Sandoval and Darran Simon, CNN

Quote:
The great-great grandson of Gen. Robert E. Lee condemned last weekend's violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, and said it might be "appropriate" for Confederate statues to be exhibited in a museum.

"Eventually, someone is going to have to make a decision, and if that's the local lawmaker, so be it. But we have to be able to have that conversation without all of the hatred and the violence. And if they choose to take those statues down, fine," Robert E. Lee V, 54, of Washington DC, told CNN.

"Maybe it's appropriate to have them in museums or to put them in some sort of historical context in that regard," he added.
Gen. Robert E. Lee's bronze statue in Charlottesville was at the center of violent clashes last weekend between white supremacists -- who converged on a park once bearing Lee's name to oppose a plan to remove the statue -- and counterprotesters.

One counterprotester, Heather Heyer, 32, was killed and 19 others were injured when James Alex Fields Jr., 20, allegedly rammed his car into a group demonstrating against the "Unite the Right" rally. Fields is charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death.
A memorial service was held on Wednesday for Heyer, a Charlottesville paralegal.

The Charlottesville City Council had earlier voted to rechristen two parks named for Confederate generals and remove Lee's statue from the park once known as Lee Park. A few months ago, the park was renamed Emancipation Park. The statue's removal is on hold pending litigation.
Lee, who works as an athletic director at a Virginia school, called Saturday's incidents "senseless" and "sad" for his family.
"Those sorts of acts on Saturday, that's just not to be tolerated," he said. "We feel strongly that Gen. Lee would never ever stand for that sort of violence."
"We just want people to know that the Lee family just really wants to send their best to the people in Charlottesville," Lee added.

Descendant of Jefferson Davis: 'Let's move it'

Bertram Hayes-Davis, great-great-grandson of the Confederate president, Jefferson Davis told CNN's Don Lemon that such statues should be moved to a museum if "that's offensive to a large majority of the public."
"In a public place, if it is offensive and people are taking issue with it, let's move it. Let's put it somewhere where historically it fits with the area around it so you can have people come to see it, who want to understand that history and that individual."
A Jefferson Davis statue stands inside the National Statuary Hall, at the US Capitol, among other Confederate leaders including Lee.

When asked whether the Davis statue belonged there, Hayes-Davis said, "I think that they were placed there for a reason," as he listed Davis' various accomplishments and positions he held.
"I think you have to look at the entire individual before you make a decision whether they belong at the Capitol of the United States or not."
Hayes-Davis said he understood why people are upset by Confederate symbols including the flag.
"The Confederate battle flag, in my estimation, has been hijacked by that group of racist individuals and should be in a museum which indicates it's a military flag and not a flag of the Confederate States of America," he said.

Questions over Confederate symbolism

The 2015 massacre of nine black parishioners at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina by a self-described white supremacist, who prosecutors said posed for photos with the Confederate battle flag, sparked a debate over Confederate symbols.
A handful of Confederate statues have since come down -- most notably four monuments in New Orleans, including one of Lee. Saturday's violence in Charlottesville has spurred more cities to begin the process of removing symbols of the Confederacy from public places.

In a statement, the Lee family said the life of the commander of the Army of Northern Virginia "was about duty, honor and country."
"At the end of the Civil War, he implored the nation to come together to heal our wounds and to move forward to become a more unified nation," the statement said. "He never would have tolerated the hateful words and violent actions of white supremacists, the KKK, or neo-Nazis."
Lee told CNN that his family members are proud of their lineage, but they don't let it define their lives.
"It's a part of our life but it's not going to be a major focus of our life," he told CNN. "But in saying that, his shadow is a large one and one we're proud of. But when it brings us to situations which occurred on Saturday, that gives us great pause."

CNN's Julian Cummings and Madison Park contributed to this report.
CNN: Actually, Robert E. Lee was against erecting Confederate memorials

By Chris Boyette, CNN

Quote:
There's been much controversy in Charlottesville and beyond about preserving monuments to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. But if you had a chance to ask the guy, he'd most likely say, no thanks.

Based on his writings, Lee was not a fan of statues honoring Civil War generals, fearing they might "keep open the sores of war."
According to historian Jonathan Horn, Lee was often consulted in his lifetime about proposals to erect monuments to Confederate Gen. Stonewall Jackson and others.
In a 1866 letter to fellow Confederate Gen. Thomas L. Rosser, Lee wrote, "As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated, my conviction is, that however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt ... would have the effect of ... continuing, if not adding to, the difficulties under which the Southern people labour."

Three years later, Lee was invited to a meeting of Union and Confederate officers to mark the placing of a memorial honoring those who took part in the battle of Gettysburg.
"I think it wiser not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered," he wrote in a letter declining the invitation.
But that didn't stop civic and heritage groups from erecting numerous monuments to Lee, commander of the Confederate armies during the Civil War, after his death in 1870.
Now, however, most of those memorials are under fire by those who see them as symbols of America's dark legacy of slavery.
Lee himself was a complex and polarizing figure. In an 1856 letter to his wife, he called slavery "a moral & political evil." But Lee also was a slaveholder, and in the same letter he wrote, "The painful discipline they (blacks) are undergoing is necessary for their instruction as a race."
In May, amid controversy, a statue of Lee was removed from its pedestal in a New Orleans square. And officials in Charlottesville, Virginia, voted earlier this year to remove a bronze statue of Lee from a city park, prompting protests by white nationalist groups that turned deadly last weekend.
A similar debate is underway in Richmond, Virginia, where monuments to Lee and other Civil War figures tower over a prominent avenue.
Such conflict over Civil War symbols, some 150 years after the war ended, makes Lee look prescient.
"Lee feared that these reminders of the past would preserve fierce passions for the future," wrote Horn, author of a Lee biography titled "The Man Who Would Not Be Washington" and a former White House presidential speechwriter.

"Such emotions threatened his vision for speedy reconciliation," Horn added last year in an opinion piece for CNN. "As he saw it, bridging a divided country justified abridging history in places."
Lee's great-great grandson might agree.
"We have to be able to have that conversation (about symbols of the Confederacy) without all of the hatred and the violence," Robert E. Lee V told CNN this week. "And if they choose to take those statues down, fine. Maybe it's appropriate to have them in museums or to put them in some sort of historical context in that regard."

CNN's Polo Sandoval and Sarah Jorgensen contributed to this report.

That's a well-written and persuasive article.

Who could persuade those who wish to preserve the monuments better, than the one for whom the statue at the center of the controversy in Charlottesville was raised to commemorate!

I do agree with former governor Mike Huckabee, though, that in cities where a majority support keeping the monuments, they should stay in place. And in cities where a majority oppose them, they could be moved elsewhere, off government property.

Welp....that didn't take long:

Chicago Pastor Demands Washington Name be Removed from Park Because of Slavery Ties

'Hamilton' Star, Maybe Washington, Jefferson Statues Should Come Down
Yeah you can always find somebody making an argument for anything.
And every time some conservative brings up a slippery slope argument, the libtards poopoo it. And within a few years, sure enough, they're actually using it.

Assuming this board even exist in 10 years I guarantee you'll be on here telling us how we're all racist if we don't want to see statues of the founding fathers torn down.

Hypotheticals of course are just that. 10 years ago I never thought I would see a republican President get the David Dukes out there so happy.
From his own party...
Republican Corker: Trump has not demonstrated ‘stability’ or ‘competence’ to lead effectively
Hypotheticals of course are just that. 10 years ago I never thought I would see a republican President get the David Dukes out there so happy.

Then you have a short memory. Because Reagan got similar endorsements from racist groups, that Reagan similarly quickly rejected and disowned.
The difference now is that the media back then kept some veneer of impartial objectivity, and wasn't quite as zealous about smearing a Republican president, and overtly acting as a PR wing of the Democrats.

A president can't control who endorses them, and who considers their agenda closer to their own than the opposition. But it can be used to selectively smear them, or be given a free pass.

When Obama was endorsed by the likes of Communist Party USA, or the Black Panthers, or Palestinian Authority, or Al Qaida, the 80% liberal media selectively did not cover that. In the case of Trump, they give it disproportionate coverage, and use it as a weapon to bring him down.

First off...

Originally Posted By: WP Corker article:

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who has been one of the most outspoken GOP Trump critics in Congress...

...this is not someone who ever gave Trump a chance, and is opportunistically using a moment of selective media-driven controversy to further twist the rusty knife in Trump's back.

Looking at Bob Corker's record, there is no indication he was ever a supporter or someone who gave Trump a fair chance. If he had criticism of Trump, the place to do it is to meet with the president privately and offer his suggestions to move the agenda in the right direction, not go to the 80% liberal media (and 93% among Washington-based reporters) and undermine both Trump and his entire party.

As is obvious, Trump is a reformer who seeks to break the system of both Establishment Republicans and Establishment Democrats who have a first loyalty to themselves and not the nation or its people. Trump is trying to reform the lobbyist system that enriches both sides at the expense of the national interest, and these Republicans would rather see Trump and the GOP fail, and would prefer to advance the Democrats than allow Trump to succeed in draining their bipartisan swamp.
Yeah you can always find somebody making an argument for anything.

CNN Commentator Calls for Washington/Jefferson Statues to Come Down
WB, Trump first pretended he didn't know who David Duke was. For somebody who is quick to attack somebody's character, Trump struggled to call him out. It took him 3 hours to call out the Barcelona terror attacks but when a neo nazi runs over a crowd he needs days to get the facts. It's so bad it's left poor g arguing about hypotheticals to attack liberals.
When it actually starts happening, it's no longer a hypothetical.
Like nazis becoming just another part of the right?

Heather Heyer’s mother just brutally unmasked Trump’s racism and cruelty

That's a lying bastard's assertion.

How does every member of the right's complete scorn for these white supremacist protestors in Charlottesville possibly make them "become just another part of the right" ?

A few reminders for you of a few Democrats who have come closer to the racist protestors in Charlottesville:
  • Robert Byrd (who Hillary Clinton described as her greatest mentor, and who eulogized his political career lovingly).

Bill Clinton, who also had a racist mentor, and both Bill and Hillary were until a nanosecond ago big Confederate "Southern Heritage" advocates.

Bill Clinton again, speaking about Barack Obama in late 2008, trying to get Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary instead: "A few years ago he [Obama] would have been bringing us coffee."

Harry Reid in 2008 on Obama: Obama is a desireable black candidate "because he doesn't speak ethnic black dialect that would be offensive to white voters".

And as I detailed in a prior topic, Lyndon Baines Johnson, who gloated as he passed civil rights legislation in 1964: "I'll have niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!"

You want to tell me again who the Nazis are a part of, M E M?

Hannity on his program cited the incredible dishonesty of this Democrat/liberal media narrative (narrative, as compared to the factual truth). The associated press and other mainstream /liberal media sources, reported that they observed BOTH SIDES initiating violence. And when you consider the white supremacist protestors were about 200, against a crowd of thousands, I really doubt they'd want to initiate anything, being so outnumbered.

From the Washington Post lying propaganda piece you linked:

Quote:
HEYER'S MOTHER: "And I’m not talking to the president now. I’m sorry. After what he said about my child. It’s not that I saw somebody else’s tweets about him. I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters, like Ms. Heyer, with the KKK and the white supremacists [that, too, is an absolute lie !--WB]. …You can’t wash this one away by shaking my hand and saying, ‘I’m sorry.’

and in the next paragraph:

Quote:
On Monday, after Trump had read aloud a string of words that did call out white supremacy by name and denounced racism as evil, Bro (Heyer's mother] released a statement thanking Trump for his comments. The next day, Trump held his now-infamous news conference, at which he reverted to blaming “both sides” for the racial violence and claimed that the white supremacists and Nazis had been treated “unfairly” by the media, conspicuously avoiding unambiguous condemnation of them. After watching the clip of Trump — and it’s key that she watched the video, which vividly displayed the depravity and stubborn megalomania coursing through his remarks — Bro now has rescinded her thanks and won’t take his call.

Which is still vicious editorialized slanting that hides behind the face of being objective "news".
It's not.
It's incredibly presumptuous and dishonest coverage.

Donald Trump >>>DID<<<< condemn violence on both sides, even in the later meeting where he allegedly "reverted". It is objectively true what Trump said, that BOTH SIDES came with clubs and helmets and initiated violence.
In the second press conference, Trump chastised the media for suppressing the violence (some of which I youtubed here) of Antifa and the other protestors. Trump ALWAYS criticized both sides for the violence, but clearly and absolutely condemned the white supremacist rhetoric/ideology and said there was no place for them in the United States.

While some of the article contradicts itself and partly reveals Trump's real position disowning and rebuking the racist rhetoric, alleging Trump supports or in any way is reluctant to condemn the racists is an absolute lie.

This lying mother is the equivalent of Trump's Cindy Sheehan, a victim mom that no matter how dishonest her statements, it would be called a foul by the media if Trump responded or criticized her. She's demented.

The clear battle plan of Democrats and the liberal media:

Quote:
Members and front organizations must continually embarrass, discredit and degrade our critics. When obstructionists become too irritating, label them as fascist, or Nazi, or anti-Semitic. The association will, after enough repetition, become "fact" in the public mind.
--Moscow Central Committee, 1943

Despite that there are actual Nazis, Trump has condemned them, unequivocally. He has only said that those opposing them were also initiating violence and were as much to blame. But the false narrative that Trump won't condemn the white supremacists (which is blatantly untrue) is repeated over and over, until it becomes "fact" in the public mind. At least enough of the public mind to hurt Trump politically.
Wow! Former Rep. Allen West just appeared on Judge Jeanine, and pointed out that George Soros (a Hungarian Jew, who sold out other Jews to the Nazis during WW II) is a Democrat who funds Code Pink, Media Matters, MoveOn.org, Center For American Progress, and literally hundreds of leftist groups, that the Democrat/Left/liberal media voice no objection to, even as they rail on Civil War monuments, and talk now about wanting to tear down the monuments to Washington, Jefferson and other national founders.

As usual, when the Left does it, it's perfectly okay, it doesn't even warrant a mention, despite the incredible hypocrisy. But a different standard is held for everyone else.

____

There's an exaggerated claim that Soros was an SS officer who more directly processed Jews. Snopes (a liberal propaganda site, disguised as an objective political rumor debunker site) likes to leave it there and say that it's absolutely false.

But another site, however grudgingly, admits this much is true

Quote:
George Soros, born in 1930, was ages 9-14 when WWII was going on in Europe. Sensing real trouble coming, his father decided to split his family up and bought them all forged papers, in the hopes that they could hide their true Jewish identity, and if they were not all in one place, the odds of some of them surviving increased.

Soros's father then bribed an official in Budapest to take in George, with the backstory being that he was this official's Christian god-son. The official in question was in charge of cleaning up after Jews were sent off to camps; he would come in and take all their valuables, and as part of maintaining his cover, young George Soros assisted in this.

Soros also describes 1944, one of the years he was doing this, as "one of the best years of my life."

Wow some more:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/po...uld-be-dictator

Quote:
And just two weeks after Election Day [of Trump in 2016], on November 22, Soros’s Open Society Foundations announced a “$10 Million Initiative to Confront Hate.” This new money spigot will expedite funding to organizations combatting the “harsh rhetoric and policy proposals” of Donald Trump “during the 2016 presidential campaign that drew on racist, sexist, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic, anti-LGBTI, and other forms of hate.” Which means, of course, that there will be ample funding for the “anti-hate” protesters who will be demonstrating (and likely rioting) on Inauguration Day, while spewing obscene and hateful remarks, burning Trump in effigy and carrying facsimilies of his head around on pikes (as they did in the November melees).

Preaching "anti-hate" while burning Trump in effigy....

and

Quote:
[transcript, 60 Minutes interview of Soros: ]
  • KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's — that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not — not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't — you don't see the connection. But it wasit created no — no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c — I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was — well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets — that if I weren't there — of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would — would — would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the — whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the — I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

No sense of guilt then and none now. Neither does this Nazi collaborator suffer from any sense of guilt over smearing opponents with false charges of fascism or neo-Naziism, or funding groups that do the same. Nor does he suffer any qualms of conscience over crashing whole national economies and national currencies (Malaysia, Thailand, Britian), causing untold devastation and suffering for millions of people. Besides, a few million dollars in grants to activist NGOs and media groups usually suffices to repair any of the PR damage done by his predatory practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ5DlzG-K

Great, and very funny at many points, commentary by Rush Limbaugh. The absurdity of the liberal media conflating the Islamic bombing/car attack in Barcelona, Spain as "possibly being inspired" by the white supremacists in Charlottesville, VA !

He also discusses the push to remove Civil War monuments as part of a larger Cultural Marxist attempt to discredit the United States as unworthy at its ideological core of being defended and preserved, to pave the way for replacing it with a socialist/globalist utopia.

A week after the clash in Charlottesville, a "free speech rally" was held in Boston, by conservatives.

Counter-protesters dwarf far-right marchers at Boston rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpctDgUFU8

According to Molly Line of Fox News, there were about40,000 protestors total, that she speculated were "100 free speech protestors, and 39,900 liberal/Antifa types."

Even in the PBS footage above, there were no visible "white supremacist/white nationalist" flags or symbols. Boston police (unlike Charlottesville) kept the protest groups apart.

Another interesting take:

Boston Free Speech Rally: What The News did NOT Cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9X2ZRB9GCU

It's hard to hear, because the larger Antifa/liberal crowd is trying to silence the free speech they are trying to exercise.

And here's CBS news portraying it as "white nationalist":

Boston Rival Rallies: Thousands march against hate speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKowQfGD09I

Clearly favoring the left side, they cite Trump's Twitter post calling the Antifa/Left "agitators", as if Trump were making it up. But I believe the Boston police themselves would likewise call the many Antifa they restrained and the 20 that they had to arrest "agitators" as well.

Here's Molly Line giving an overview of the protests:

Boston rally for free speech, Molly Line reporting (Fox and Friends)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz_wlImAwTM

Is it just me, or is this the most objective coverage of the mainstream network coverage shown here?

Here's a female reporter for Infowars (Alex Jones) at the Charlottesville demonstrations, Another view of the police pushing the Alt-right guys out. She details how the Antifa crowd pelts the white nationalists in bags of urine mixed with other stuff. She asks some white nationalists what it is, and they matter-of-factly tell her. They also describe carrying their own riot gear so they can protect themselves if the police don't, and again, it seems like a routine expectation that the police at protest marches won't protect them in city after city, so they have to protect themselves. She was clearly afraid and wanted to leave, but the police wouldn't let her, and she had to walk out into Antifa from the safe area, same as the supremacists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxECY1PXjiM

Man...

Charlottesville, Va. protest...what really went down (Douglas M. Ducote Sr. )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWLjiA-_l4g

...a retired law enforcement officer, giving the very best commentary and overview of the Charlottesville rioting. And how it manifests a similar recurring free speech problem in Berkeley, Ferguson MO, Baltimore MD, New Orleans LA, and other major cities.

He also explains why veterans and retired law enforcement would still march in a rally with those among them who were overtly white supremacist: they were there to try and keep the peace. But they too were pushed by police out of the LEGALLY PERMITTED safe zone, and to take their chances walking a gauntlet through a violent armed Antifa mob for miles to their cars, with absolutely no protection from the police.

Charlottesville, from this perspective, is manifestation of a much larger problem: The weaponizing of government to suppress free speech, by witholding law enforcement protection from one political side, while letting the other side run wild on them. That involves 1) government (all Democrat in Charlottesville), 2) local police, and 3) message-control of a complicit news media.

Another video about the driver who killed the girl, that again at least explores the possibility that he could have been attacked and trying to get away before killed in his car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLIOrZA2SkE

Again, his personal violent history and Hitler obsession doesn't help his credibility. But innocent until proven guilty. And I haven't yet seen a continuous video that shows the entire buildup to the impact.

One last one, an apparent 20/20 report profiling both two white supremacist/Alt-Right leaders and their movement, and two Antifa leaders and their movement.

Who are the white nationalists and Antifa: Part 1 ( ABC News, 20/20 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ThtCIKL7qo

It has two additional parts 2 and 3, that are about another 10 minutes, and another 6 minutes.

The guy with the beard to me looks like a comic store owner!
Romney Tells Trump to Apologize for Causing ‘Racists to Rejoice’
This isn't just the Dems.

Again, from the crowd of establishment "Never Trumpers" who were predisposed to attack Trump and destroy his candidacy and presidency from the get-go.

Trump is a champion of reforms they will do anything to prevent. That is the real issue behind their attacks on him.

That is how you rationalize any criticism to Trump imho. Reguardless you can't keep painting this as just the Dems being political. That clearly isn't so with members of his own party having some serious criticisms of Trump. And who's criticism does count? Was all yours for any democrats be dismissed the same way? The standard you apply isn't an equal one.
That is how you rationalize any criticism to Trump imho. Regardless you can't keep painting this as just the Dems being political. That clearly isn't so with members of his own party having some serious criticisms of Trump.

The Dems just kneejerk reject everything Trump proposes, and lyingly accuse him of things they know to be false.

The branch of Establishment Republicans likewise have ulterior motives, and attack Trump to leverage their own agenda (what they are trying to do I can barely speculate. Because without Trump the Republicans achieve nothing, and only serve to hurt their own re-election chances by obstructing any meaningful reforms.)

But yeah, I have to agree it isn't "Just the Democrats" to some degree. But even so, the Republicans still side with Trump on many issues, even as they attack him for ulterior reasons on others.

Conversely, for example, the Democrats accused Republicans of obstruction in 2009-2010, after Obama's Stimulus bill had failed to create jobs. So they proposed a "Stimulus 2" bill. Which was widely unpopular with voters. They focus-group tested different names, and lyingly re-named it a "Jobs bill" because "jobs" focus-tested the best with their sampling. But still no traction in getting it passed.
Dem leaders blamed "Republican obstructionism", so Mitch McConnell went on the Senate floor and said "Hey, if Democrats want to put this up for a vote, let's vote on it!" But as the liberal media on PBS reported, Harry Reid said there were "other priorities" and tabled the bill.
ONLY ON FOX NEWS was it reported that the Democrats (prior to Nov 2010) had overwhelming majorities in both houses, and could have passed the bill without a single Republican vote. But they blamed Republicans. The Fox News story also reported that the bill was unpopular even in many Democrat districts, and that Democrats didn't ram it through because it would have resulted in many of them not getting re-elected if they HAD used their majorities to vote for it without the GOP.

In the case of Trump, as I've said before, he is essentially an independent elected on the GOP ticket, and therefore has resistance from the party leadership on both sides. That doesn't make the Democrat partisanship less contemptible.

I believe I've been very clear in my criticism as well of the anti-Trump obstructionism within the GOP.

Originally Posted By: M E M
And who's criticism does count? Was all yours for any democrats be dismissed the same way? The standard you apply isn't an equal one.

See above. I think it is.

When I think news or pundit sources are fair and informative, I cite them.

When I think news or pundit sources are partisan and/or pure lies, I cite that, often with sources proving its false assertions.

That's a lying bastard's assertion.

How does every member of the right's complete scorn for these white supremacist protestors in Charlottesville possibly make them "become just another part of the right" ?

A few reminders for you of a few Democrats who have come closer to the racist protestors in Charlottesville:
  • Robert Byrd (who Hillary Clinton described as her greatest mentor, and who eulogized his political career lovingly).

Bill Clinton, who also had a racist mentor, and both Bill and Hillary were until a nanosecond ago big Confederate "Southern Heritage" advocates.

Bill Clinton again, speaking about Barack Obama in late 2008, trying to get Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary instead: "A few years ago he [Obama] would have been bringing us coffee."

Harry Reid in 2008 on Obama: Obama is a desireable black candidate "because he doesn't speak ethnic black dialect that would be offensive to white voters".

And as I detailed in a prior topic, Lyndon Baines Johnson, who gloated as he passed civil rights legislation in 1964: "I'll have niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!"

You want to tell me again who the Nazis are a part of, M E M?
Just what is it that you think the "RiNOs" are obstructing Trumpertino on at this point, man? Are they keeping him from magically winding back the clock to the 19th century and making coal great again, ignoring the preexisting shift in energy infrastructure resulting in reduced demand and, oh yeah, the sweeping automation eliminating the need for most mining jobs? Is a guy whose personal indiscretions have easily resulted in double-digit unplanned pregnancies going to hit the brakes on abortion, without providing sustainable solutions for women's healthcare and irrespective of the abhorrent limitation of civil liberties? Is an inner circle of industrialists whose business model is primarily contingent on cheap, expendable labor really going to shut our borders against migrant workers... and the critically-needed supply of, say, H1B physicians needed to fill critical doctor shortfalls in mostly red rural counties?

I hear this overriding theme of how Trump is somehow our last line of defense against globalism. Being angry about globalism is like being angry about a tornado. Shake your fist and unleash as much profanity as you like, that sumbitch is comin' through with or without your approval. And yeah, it has the potential to completely reshape what we thought was our way of life. But guess what? What we thought was our way of life - the old paradigms of education, 'career' employment, vocational segmentation, and yes, our hallowed 'demographics' - was already obsolete and inadequate, or globalism would never have gained its momentum in the first place. Is the fear of something that'll happen anyway with no regard to anyone's sentiments worth hanging onto a guy with no political leadership acumen, with no redeemable character traits pertinent to the office, with no sustainable plan for even the immediate future? Or does it all just wrap around to tribalism, to the all-important "us vs. them" and the alleged barbarians at the notional gates?
Regarding globalism, coal country actually provides a good example of the failings of both factions. The Democrats were so preoccupied with "the way forward" and scoring points with their base and the clean-energy lobby that they didn't concern themselves with the economic fallout of even their rhetoric regarding the coal industry. The Republicans were so preoccupied with stopping the Democrats and placating their red-county voter base that they didn't have the heart to tell the truth about the plummeting demand for coal and the automation that would eliminate most coal jobs even without the demand reduction. Both sides could have looked at how to provide support in restructuring the region, bringing in other industries and assisting with vocational training and transition, and perhaps rethinking how coal country could start making MRI machines or silicon wafers for microcomponents or plastics and composites. That would've brought in jobs for the workers, jobs for the teachers who would train them, jobs for management, shipping and logistics, transportation infrastructure, the service-sector jobs associated with industrial upsurge, and much more. But nobody was willing to look beyond the immediate - for both sides, it came down to quick and easy political points. The white nationalists say politicians don't give a shit about rural America, and I'm inclined to agree with them. Unfortunately, they were misled into blaming 'foreigners' and their neighbors who happened to not look like them or pray like them or speak the same language. I feel terrible for the poor and working-class rural whites left high and dry by Washington, but that doesn't excuse this resurgence of objectively abhorrent ideologies.

CHARLES BARKLEY:
"I never gave the statues a second thought..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLW_C32Eyg

One prominent black guy's opinion that goes against the mainstream propaganda that most of black America wants the Civil War monuments taken down. He probably speaks for a large slice of black America.

Just like most Native Americans are indifferent to whether a football team calls themselves the Washington Redskins. The issue is manufactured by white liberals of the radical Left, not minorities. They whip up a frenzy on these things that otherwise would not exist.
Actually I've seen polling that does bare that out. That would be from the media that doesn't just work as a pr arm for Trump. The counter protesters were not there for the statues though. They were there to stand up to the neo nazis and white supremacists. What type of "fine people" find themselves in a crowd with nazi flags?
Frankly, the last time I spent a considerable amount of time and thought going point by point answering in detail all your questions, and you just ignored my arguments to slice and dice one line out of what I said to imply I was racist and make a few snarky remarks, makes me a bit reluctant to do this again. But here we go.

Just what is it that you think the "RiNOs" are obstructing Trumpertino on at this point, man?

The RINOs (a term I didn't use, I called them more specifically Establishment Republicans who resist productive change in their party, who are controlled by globalists through campaign finance and lobby money) have visibly obstructed repeal/replace of Obamacare, making it lose by only one vote, to name one example. More broadly, they attack Trump opportunistically during every political controversy, undermining and destroying his political capital to pursue other issues, such as tax reform, and (what certainly has the greatest potential for bipartisan support with Dems) re-building infrastructure.

Originally Posted By: Sammitch
Are they keeping him from magically winding back the clock to the 19th century and making coal great again, ignoring the preexisting shift in energy infrastructure resulting in reduced demand...

Thanks for that additional bit of snark. The fact is, China opens a new coal-burning plant every 2 or 3 weeks to meet their energy needs. The only way renewable/green energy has any growing "pre-existing shift" is through Federal subsidies. I'm all for replacing fossil feuls, when a feasible alternative comes along but not by killing the fossil feul industry before renewable energy technology is ready. When it IS ready, that will happen naturally, by the simple fact that it will be, at that point, more cost efficient than fossil feul.

...and, oh yeah, the sweeping automation eliminating the need for most mining jobs?

What fantasy is this? Obama declared war on the fossil feul industry and in his self-declared "war" on coal, crippled the coal industry and eliminated their jobs.

It was not new technology or changes in the industry, it was specifically Barack Obama and his crippling regulation that overtly attempted to destroy the coal industry, almost immediately after he became president.
While still on Fox, Glenn Beck had coal industry executives on for an hour one day, detailing Obama's war on coal, and his deliberate attempt to drive them out of business. Guess which states voted overwhelmingly for Trump, the formerly blue coal states. I think they are in a position to know who took away their jobs.

Is a guy whose personal indiscretions have easily resulted in double-digit unplanned pregnancies going to hit the brakes on abortion, without providing sustainable solutions for women's healthcare and irrespective of the abhorrent limitation of civil liberties?

What the hell does that even mean? That seems like a complete abstraction I can connect to nothing, that you just made up on the fly.

Is an inner circle of industrialists whose business model is primarily contingent on cheap, expendable labor really going to shut our borders against migrant workers...

In some industries that's true, factory owners want cheap labor. But I've met factory owners who like to share the rewards with their employees and provide good salaries and benefits. In the specific example of the coal industry, they are/were good paying jobs. My grandfather (my mother's father) was a mining engineer.

and the critically-needed supply of, say, H1B physicians needed to fill critical doctor shortfalls in mostly red rural counties?

Again: Read STATE OF EMERGENCY by Pat Buchanan, to see many of the liberal media myths about "the necessity of illegal immigrants" destroyed by the facts. Buchanan points out that the 50 poorest counties in the United States are the ones with the highest ratios of illegal immigrants. Because they come in and take the jobs that Americans will do, that employers hire instead because they can hire them under the table for less. Illegals depress wages by working for less, so those jobs become less desireable, or employers don't even look to hire Americans for them.
A congressional study (cited by Buchanan, pages 31-35) looked at the jobs most saturated with illegals. The job they found most saturated with illegals was dry wall in construction. 27% of dry wall jobs at that time were held by illegals. But that still leaves 73% that were held by Americans.

In the case of Chinese/third-world doctors, first off, if they have H1B visas, they're not here illegally. But I also used to work for a company that brought in medical staff from other countries on Visas to fill the void.

But that is a Band-Aid that doesn't fix the problem. The goal while doing that is to (simultaneously, while temporarily using immigrants to fill the gap) incentivize a new generation of Americans to train for those field, so we don't have to bring in foreigners to do them. The quick fix only hurts us over the long term, by not fixing the problem of why suddenly less Americans are training for those fields than previously.

I hear this overriding theme of how Trump is somehow our last line of defense against globalism. Being angry about globalism is like being angry about a tornado. Shake your fist and unleash as much profanity as you like, that sumbitch is comin' through with or without your approval.

No.
Previously we had protectionism, tariffs on foreign goods, and a cost to manufacturers who moved overseas to use cheaper labor, at the cost of American jobs. And if manufacturers don't have operations in the U.S., their employees are not in the U.S., so their salaries are not paying taxes in the U.S. or purchasing from local businesses in the U.S., and the factories are not paying taxes in the U.S.
So that shrinks the U.S. economy, all that tax revenue and wages now circulates and grows the economy of China or some other nation.

Conversely, both Gingrich and Santorum in 2012 proposed a "tax holiday" for one year for businesses that took operations from overseas and brought their manufacturing back to the U.S. The 1 year of uncollected revenue would be more than paid for by the many years of factory and individual wages paid in taxes over the many years that followed.

We currently have a system that rewards globalism, and doesn't protect the nation or its workers from unfair competition.

And yeah, it has the potential to completely reshape what we thought was our way of life. But guess what? What we thought was our way of life - the old paradigms of education, 'career' employment, vocational segmentation, and yes, our hallowed 'demographics' - was already obsolete and inadequate, or globalism would never have gained its momentum in the first place.

No again. Our system was fine, until it was kneecapped by a sudden (post-1989) availability of third-world labor in Eastern Europe, China, India, and Southeast Asia. And changes in laws (what Buchanan calls "bipartisan economic treason" by Bill Clinton and both Democrat and Republican branches in the Congress and Senate, all bought off by lobbyist money to pass NAFTA and GATT. That opened the doors to "offshoring" of jobs on a massive scale, and hollowing out America's industrial base, millions of jobs, the former core of America's middle class.

Is the fear of something that'll happen anyway with no regard to anyone's sentiments worth hanging onto a guy with no political leadership acumen, with no redeemable character traits pertinent to the office, with no sustainable plan for even the immediate future? Or does it all just wrap around to tribalism, to the all-important "us vs. them" and the alleged barbarians at the notional gates?

There is an inherent condescension in the way you phrase this and much of your combination editorial/question.

Demonstrate to me how Trump is any less trustworthy in character than, say, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and for that matter John Boehner, Mitch McConnel or Paul Ryan?

Trump is a results-oriented guy. He promised things, and he is doing his damnedest to deliver on them. He has already done more in just his first 6 months than any president of my lifetime.

In a corrupt New York system, Trump got his hands dirty to get through the red tape as a real estate developer, to get seemingly impossible things done, that others could not. I see that as a track record that makes him a good potential president, who will similarly overcome obstacles with the same energy and pure willingness to do so. In just his first 6 months, despite all obstruction, from both political sides (sides controlled by lobbyists), Trump has accomplished an incredible amount.

As opposed to the other political figures I listed, who campaigned on one platform, and did something else once elected. These others have political and personal scandals as well. At least Trump is attempting to pursue an economic agenda that is in the long term best interest of the United States. And the long term SOVEREIGNTY of the United States.
Actually I've seen polling that does [bear] that out. That would be from the media that doesn't just work as a pr arm for Trump.

No, the media are 80% liberal, and increasingly unashamedly a PR arm of the Democrats.

And despite that, I've seen a number of polls that show a majority of Americans support KEEPING the Civil War/Confederate monuments.

The counter protesters were not there for the statues though. They were there to stand up to the neo nazis and white supremacists. What type of "fine people" find themselves in a crowd with nazi flags?

I don't defend the white supremacists (including neo-nazis), but even the ACLU defended their free speech right to hold a demonstration. The old "I condemn what you say, but defend to the death your right to say it."

And watch again the above video I described as the best commentary on Charlottesville protests. He [a retired police officer] explained that the media completely misrepresented the 200-300 protestors there, that it was a tiny number of white supremacists, with the majority being "heritage not hate" advocates of preserving Civil War monuments, specifically the Robert E. Lee statue. And a large contingent of retired military or law enforcement, who were part of the demonstration to keep things calm and prevent violence. But the DEMOCRAT MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL shut down the legal permit, had the police stand down, and the police on orders actually pushed the two opposing sides together (pro-monument, and Antifa), and then did nothing to prevent the ORCHESTRATED violence.
Regarding globalism, coal country actually provides a good example of the failings of both factions. The Democrats were so preoccupied with "the way forward" and scoring points with their base and the clean-energy lobby that they didn't concern themselves with the economic fallout of even their rhetoric regarding the coal industry. The Republicans were so preoccupied with stopping the Democrats and placating their red-county voter base that they didn't have the heart to tell the truth about the plummeting demand for coal and the automation that would eliminate most coal jobs even without the demand reduction.

Tell that to the Chinese. They are consuming coal at an increasing rate. Even if there was no market in the U.S., The U.S. coal industry could still reap a huge profit selling their product overseas.

Quote:
Both sides could have looked at how to provide support in restructuring the region, bringing in other industries and assisting with vocational training and transition, and perhaps rethinking how coal country could start making MRI machines or silicon wafers for microcomponents or plastics and composites. That would've brought in jobs for the workers, jobs for the teachers who would train them, jobs for management, shipping and logistics, transportation infrastructure, the service-sector jobs associated with industrial upsurge, and much more. But nobody was willing to look beyond the immediate - for both sides, it came down to quick and easy political points.

I again think you overstate coal's obsoleteness, but yes, that's happening in a number of rust-belt cities, restructuring them for modern economic job markets.

Quote:
The white nationalists say politicians don't give a shit about rural America, and I'm inclined to agree with them. Unfortunately, they were misled into blaming 'foreigners' and their neighbors who happened to not look like them or pray like them or speak the same language. I feel terrible for the poor and working-class rural whites left high and dry by Washington, but that doesn't excuse this resurgence of objectively abhorrent ideologies.

It's not just white nationalists who are saying that.

And again, you don't have to be a white nationalist to see the damage to the nation caused by illegal immigration. And even the erosion of our culture caused by LEGAL immigrants who are either criminals, on welfare, committing terrorism, Mexican-nationalist separatists, or otherwise keeping a separate identity and not assimilating.
I'm for reducing immigration for two decades to fully assimilate the waves of immigrants already here, and to assure those here or coming in going forward, are immigrants who will assimilate and benefit the nation, not undermine or take from it.
Actually I've seen polling that does [bear] that out. That would be from the media that doesn't just work as a pr arm for Trump.

No, the media are 80% liberal, and increasingly unashamedly a PR arm of the Democrats.

And despite that, I've seen a number of polls that show a majority support KEEPING the Civil War/Confederate monuments.

The counter protesters were not there for the statues though. They were there to stand up to the neo nazis and white supremacists. What type of "fine people" find themselves in a crowd with nazi flags?

I don't defend the white supremacists (including neo-nazis), but even the ACLU defended their free speech right to hold a demonstration. The old "I condemn what you say, but defend to the death your right to say it."

And watch again the above video I described as the best commentary on Charlottesville protests. He explained that the media completely misrepresented the 200-300 protestors there, that it was a tiny number of white supremacists, with the majority being "heritage not hate" advocates of preserving Civil War monuments, specifically the Robert E. Lee statue. And a large contingent of retired military or law enforcement, who were part of the demonstration to keep things calm and prevent violence. But the DEMOCRAT MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL shut down the legal permit, had the police stand down, and the police on orders actually pushed the two opposing sides together (pro-monument, and Antifa), and then did nothing to prevent the ORCHESTRATED violence.

BS, anybody in that group that stayed after seeing the nazi flags was not a fine person outside of undercover police. David Duke wasn't thanking Trump for nothing. Trump made it a little easier for others to stand with the neo nazis and white supremacists. That's why your seeing other GOP leadership speaking up.
I call your BS.
Watch the video above of the retired law enforcement officer.

The majority were not white supremacists. Absolutely >>>>no one<<<< defended the white supremacists, beyond the ACLU defending their right to protest and getting the city permit to be there, their being pushed out of the safe zone BY POLICE, and right into the Antifa who bashed their heads in, along with the peaceful pro-monuments protestors. >>>NOT<<< the white supremacists, it was city officials and the police they ordered to stand down who set the stage (deliberately) for violence.
The cop says the majority of pro-Robert E. Lee statue protestors told the white supremacists to leave, that they were not welcome.

The KKK types may have gone there looking for violence. But if the police had done their job and kept the opposing sides apart, there would not have been the opportunity for them, or Antifa, to make the violence happen.

PBS POLL: 62% favor keeping Civil war monuments, only 27% want them removed

Someone named Cheryl Coggins posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
Robert E Lee was married to George Washington's granddaughter. He worked with Grant during the Mexican-American war and became a decorated war hero defending this country He believed slavery was a great evil and his wife broke the law by teaching slaves to read and write. After the civil war he worked with Andrew Johnson's program of reconstruction. He became very popular with the northern states and the Barracks at West Point were named in his honor in 1962. He was a great man who served this country his entire life in some form or other. His memorial is now being called a blight. No American military veteran should be treated as such. People keep yelling, "You can't change history." Sadly you can. This is no better than book burnings. ISIS tried rewriting history by destroying historical artifacts. Is that really who we want to emulate?
As they tear down this "blight" keep these few historical facts in your mind. No military veteran and highly decorated war hero should ever be treated as such. This is not Iraq and that is not a statue of Sadam.

IN ADDITION:: Lee was also very torn about the prospect of the South leaving the Union. His wife's grandfather George Washington was a huge influence on him. He believed that ultimately, states rights trumped the federal government and chose to lead the Southern army. His estate, Arlington, near Washington DC was his home and while away fighting the war, the federal government demanded that Lee himself pay his taxes in person. He sent his wife but the money was not accepted from a woman. When he could not pay the taxes, the government began burying dead Union soldiers on his land. The government is still burying people there today. It is now called Arlington National Cemetery. DO THEY WANT TO TEAR THAT UP ALSO ?

Another video by former police officer Douglas M. Ducote Sr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS3j4TXPveg

Of which he said:

Quote:
MSNBC and CNN have just blocked me from posting this video, and it was reported as being spam! ROFLMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58T2dl997A

This exposes the larger rise of leftist radical groups during the Obama years, such as Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter and Antifa, all stoking violence nationwide, as part of a pincer movement of grassroots leftist street agitators, combined with Democrat radical politicians and the Democrat liberal media, to shut down/intimidate dissenting conservative free speech. With a Ukranian connection.
The torchlight ceremonies in Charlottsville mimmick previous torchlit protests by neo-nazis in Ukraine. (For those who don't already know, torchlight ceremonies were big in Nazi Germany with Hitler Yugend and SS rallies.) With clear ties to the Obama Administration (Victoria Neuiland), Hillary Clinton, and John McCain, who communicated with these people in 2013-2014 and had no problem with their neo-Nazi anti-jewish chants, and the liberal media never called them on it.
Far different from smearing Trump with the slightest possible association.

About 18 minutes in, he cites the leftists radicals (Brennan Gilmore) who create false-flag violence posing as Nazis with the deliberate intent of "creating martyrs". And Gilmore on his facebook page celebrated the death of 32-year-old paralegal Heather Heyer, describing her on Facebook as a "martyr" he previously described as a win for his agenda if deaths occurred. And this violence/martyrdom is the goal of these groups at every rally they engage in. Any leftist violence is always spun in the media as caused by the mere presence of the right and their "poisonous rhetoric" and "hate".

This is part of a Soros-funded leftist/globalist movement to foment violence, to destabilize western democracies, and pave the way for their globalist ambitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0K0KmSfBs

This video again looks at the car attack, and the events leading up to it. It again shows the driver initially moving slowly, and then accelerating after an Antifa protestor hit his car with a stick. It cites that in the case of planned muslim car attacks, drivers go up onto the sidewalk, where the pedestrians are in greater numbers, if the goal is more victims. But the driver never did this in Charlottsville.

And as I cited earlier, in the seconds leading up to and immediately after the impact, Antifa with clubs are all over his car immediately, smashing at his windows. As he pulls away in reverse, clearly the people he was injuring were the ones attacking his car, no innocent bystanders. I'm wondering where Heather Heyer was positioned in this video at the point of impact. I've never seen any news report specify that. Does anyone even see her anywhere in this video footage?

Lincoln Memorial vaandalized: "fuck law" spray-painted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6PAXbN_LrE

counter protest after vandalism to Frank Rizzo statue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bs3gpn5Ios

Oh, but they'd never go beyond Confederate monuments to target U.S. founders!
That's just paranoia, remember? Want to backpedal on that?

[*crickets*]

[ *crickets*]
And:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QfFXjVt1MQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBGvE-Ie3KI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D28ChC-VicY

The Left ruining lives by outing people who were never actually white supremacists.

I recall this happening to someone Spike Lee posted the address of, who wasn't actually related to George Zimmerman, but was targeted by Black Lives Matter types, before there was a Black Lives Matter movement in actual name. The couple named by Spike Lee were terrorized and driven from their home, for no reason other than they shared a last name with George Zimmerman.
Ruined lives, no apologies.

So a neo nazi runs down a street full of people that were protesting him and his white supremacy buddies. The people standing with the nazis and white supremacists are not to be judged for standing with nazis and white supremacists. It doesn't matter where you stand however if you're on the left. Somebody misidentifies somebody as a white supremacist and it's the lefts fault. Vandalized Lincoln statue...liberals. Excuses and alibis for nazis and those that stand with them and blanket condemnation for the left.
And nothing for Heather.
So a neo nazi runs down a street full of people that were protesting him and his white supremacy buddies.

We still don't know what the facts are, that motivated him to basically total his car. I don't argue for certain that this kid acted in self defense to get away from an angry mob ready to club him to death. But that does seem like a possibility that can't be ruled out at this point.

The people standing with the nazis and white supremacists are not to be judged for standing with nazis and white supremacists.

I've said at least TWICE now, watch the 19-minute video of the retired police officer who explains that the media --including Fox News--- misrepresented the event in their coverage to be all racist protestors, whereas he said they were only a handful, and that the "heritage not hate" protesters were only there to preserve the Robert E. Lee statue, not to espouse or stand with a racist message. He plainly said, repeatedly, that the racists were told to leave by the other protestors. He also said that many retired police and veterans were carrying handguns and AR-15 rifles, and despite the attacks on them, had remarkable restraint and never fired a shot. That the veterans were there to keep the peace and prevent violence from both sides.

It doesn't matter where you stand however if you're on the left. Somebody misidentifies somebody as a white supremacist and it's the lefts fault. Vandalized Lincoln statue...liberals. Excuses and alibis for nazis and those that stand with them and blanket condemnation for the left.

SHOW ME where Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Keith Ellison, Bernie Sanders, or Comrade DNC Chairman Perez, where anyone, *ANYONE* on the Democrat side has condemned Antifa. But they sure as fucking hell are for tearing down the monuments. I don't see *ANYONE* on the Democrat side condemning this vandalism of monuments, and not just Civil War monuments, but monuments of Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Grant and other great U.S. national figures.

I can't BEGIN to tell you the violence that stirs in me, that they would not only talk about bringing down these monuments, but have actually destroyed many of them.
And criticism from the Democrat side? Not a word. They hate America, and welcome its destruction.

And nothing for Heather.

Is that a joke?!? EVERYONE in political leadership and in punditry, Democrat and Republican, has expressed the sadness and tragedy of her death. Up to and including President Trump, that her mother (Ms. Bro) initially thanked Trump, before being recruited and Cindy Sheehanized as a political weapon by the Democrat/Left.'

I'm still waiting for the slightest attention given to the two Charlotteville police officers who died in a helicopter crash patrolling the demonstrations.

Former mayor Frank Rizzo statue in Philadelphia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7G4IhFFv0

NOT a Confederate/Civil War monument.

Hey, what if the Antifa vandalism is a false flag on behalf of the neo-Nazis?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I haven't gotten around to answering your point-for-point response yet. I have a lot of shit going on. I acknowledge the effort you put in, but admittedly I got to the part where you cited Pat Buchanan and began desperately seeking a blunt object with which to bludgeon myself directly in the brain until I could get free of the conversation. I'll get to it. Probably. Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nikgbAq5g

Adam Carolla in a mixture of jokes and seriousness, talks about the insignificance of these white supremacist protestors in Charlottesville.
And the disproportionate Social Justice Warrior outrage over civil war statues, in proportion to greater concerns in all our personal lives.

I wouldn't care about Antifa or the Charlottesville protests, except that it yet again manifests a larger growing move toward lawlessness nationwide, where the police stand down and can no longer be trusted to protect us, because THEY are intimidated for doing so. And the intimidation and mischaracterization of ANY conservative free speech, at numerous conservative speaking or black/white events in cities nationwide. Berkeley, Ferguson MO, Baltimore, New York, attacks on Trump supporters at rallies, there is an increasing violence and state/media endorsed threat toward anyone who voices conservative views, where the Left not only views them as bigots, but thinks they are entitled to physically attack them because they think they are bigots. Irony, the double-edge on that bigotry sword.
Hey, what if the Antifa vandalism is a false flag on behalf of the neo-Nazis?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I haven't gotten around to answering your point-for-point response yet. I have a lot of shit going on. I acknowledge the effort you put in, but admittedly I got to the part where you cited Pat Buchanan and began desperately seeking a blunt object with which to bludgeon myself directly in the brain until I could get free of the conversation. I'll get to it. Probably. Maybe.

The possible false flag of Antifa violence actually being done by neo-nazis disguised as Antifa actually occurred to me. But frankly, I don't credit them with being that bright.

It's also possible that Antifa could dress up as supremacists and hurt people, to justify their backlash at Nazis, or to intensify already overwhelming negative opinion of the supremacists. I loved the video where the supremacists were on a university campus trying to recruit college students to their cause, and a girl sprayed them away with a garden hose, saying "Get out of here."
I'll get to it. Probably. Maybe.

Wednesday at the latest sammitch?
I dunno, I don't really do those posts to argue anything, just to find out what people really think so I at least know where they're coming from. Wondy is of course entitled to his opinion, though I may not agree, but it doesn't help anything if I don't at least find out where it comes from before trying to engage in debate or anything.
I dunno, I don't really do those posts to argue anything, just to find out what people really think so I at least know where they're coming from. Wondy is of course entitled to his opinion, though I may not agree, but it doesn't help anything if I don't at least find out where it comes from before trying to engage in debate or anything.

I'd love to see YOUR opinion on many of the issues I've raised.

Particularly on declining white population of the U.S., dropping in half by 2065. You treat me like I'm buying into wild conspiracy theory by arguing it, but it is an absolute fact.

Another example, citing white voter ratio over the last few elections:
2000 : 81%
2004 : 77%
2008 : 74%
2012 : 72%
2016 : 70%

Again, the alarming precipitous drop in white population, in just 16 years. quantifiable.
My opinion on dropping white population?

I'm not calling you a conspiracy theorist for believing it. I don't think it's implausible at all. I just don't consider it as big a deal as you seem to. No disrespect to you or your concerns, but I don't give half a counterclockwise jumping rat fuck what's happening to the white population. I just can't be bothered to care.

You can blame my Hispanic brother, or his black wife, or my black cousins and many part-Native relatives on my dad's side, or half the women I ever dated... we can do this all day. I was one of three white kids in my graduating class in high school. There were two absolutely wonderful Lebanese families in my dad's church when I was growing up, and the entire side of the street across from us was occupied by Puerto Rican, Mexican, and Dominican families who perpetually invited us over and partied with us on holidays. I have always loved living in diverse communities, and nothing would make me happier than seeing more of America become like that. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why you think the 'alarming precipitous drop' in the white population is such a bad thing to begin with.
Because silly white people will lose all the powah!!!
Heil hydra.
I mean the food in this country is only gonna keep getting better, but that's only one of numerous benefits going forward.
Me thinks Wondy is strictly in the Chic-fil-a crowd.
My opinion on dropping white population?

I'm not calling you a conspiracy theorist for believing it.

There's nothing to "believe". It's an absolute statistical fact, across many measures.

Quote:
I don't think it's implausible at all. I just don't consider it as big a deal as you seem to. No disrespect to you or your concerns, but I don't give half a counterclockwise jumping rat fuck what's happening to the white population. I just can't be bothered to care.

You can blame my Hispanic brother, or his black wife, or my black cousins and many part-Native relatives on my dad's side, or half the women I ever dated... we can do this all day. I was one of three white kids in my graduating class in high school. There were two absolutely wonderful Lebanese families in my dad's church when I was growing up, and the entire side of the street across from us was occupied by Puerto Rican, Mexican, and Dominican families who perpetually invited us over and partied with us on holidays. I have always loved living in diverse communities, and nothing would make me happier than seeing more of America become like that. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why you think the 'alarming precipitous drop' in the white population is such a bad thing to begin with.

As I said, you should be very concerned, about a drop that overwhelming. And about the intense hatred expressed in identity politics toward whites. To a large degree, I also enjoy (particularly in South Florida) living in a place where I meet people from just about everywhere. But there is a difference between "diverse" and "multicultural" and being overwhelmingly replaced within a century. A drop from 89% to 77% in just 50 years. Dropping below 50% by 2040. And down to 44% by 2065. Broward County (Fort Lauderdale) is less than 50% native-born Americans. Palm Beach County (Boca Raton up to West Palm Beach) used to be a Republican stronghold. Thanks to immigration it is reliably Democrat.

It's just common sense that a United States dominated by a Hispanic majority or other minorities will have very different priorities than a white/European-majority United States, and common sense, if not overt rhetoric from minority elements of the Left, the hostility already expressed toward whites will intensify the smaller a minority white America becomes.

I frankly don't understand how you can not see the danger of white America becoming a minority. As I said, every rising culture in history has dominated and exploited every minority they could. Western democracy, in particular the United States, has been the historical height of freedom and prosperity. Why would you welcome with indifference its replacement.

You're seeing it in Europe, as muslims become a dangerous ratio of the population there.
You're also seeing it in the United States. The greater ratio of minorities, the more riots and racial incidents, the greater difficulty to even defend our borders from illegal immigration. Hispanics have become a political force that tries to portray it as immoral to even enforce our immigration laws! And has often prevented their enforcement. The hundreds of thousands of crimes annually that could be prevented by simply keeping illegals out of the country.

The rise of socialism in the age of Obama, Hillary and Bernie Sanders, that threatens U.S. sovereignty. A U.S. with a higher minority population, that buys into the notion that America is a mean and racist place that has to compensate for its past crimes (Obama's beliefs of Anti-Colonialism, Liberation Theology and Cultural Marxism) that requires white/Western nations to transfer their wealth to "people of color" to compensate for past transgressions. And further doesn't believe the United States is worthy of defending, and welcomes its loss of sovereignty and absorption into a globalist system.

The sudden killing of cops on a regular basis, and now the tearing down of monuments. And not just Civil War monuments, the push to tear down Washington, Jefferson, and other founders' monuments has come very swiftly. Abraham Lincoln! Ulysses S. Grant!

I still see the hatred of white America as a white Marxist/liberal-manufactured and stoked event (to rally minorities to the Cultural Marxist cause) to topple Western democracy, to pave the way for a new communist/Socialist wealth-redistribution order. Minorities are pawns of the Left, and reliable Democrat voters. If we had an immigration policy over the last 50 years that sustained white population ratio as opposed to annihilating it, we would have an America that would never tolerate what has occurred over the last 20 years. And would never tolerate the new socialist order that is coming.

As I said earlier, the minority populations that have been added to the U.S. are not assimilating like previous generations. We are no longer the "melting pot". We are Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo. A collection of divided ethnic subcultures that have completely different entertainment, news, and barely tolerate each other. Assimilation is no longer even expected. Protecting the nation from illegals is now considered racist. And asking those legally here to assimilate is considered cultural genocide.

And meanwhile, folks like Black Lives Matter openly talk about their desired genocide of white America. And you don't see a problem... seriously, wake up. The racial incidents in the United States are almost equal in frequency to the Islamic attacks.

Ha. So wondy is afraid of white folks finally being treated the same way they've been treating everyone else for centuries.

I can feel the powah!!!
I'm sorry, Wondy. I know you probably think I was trying to bait you somehow, and I honestly wasn't. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to understand where you're coming from, and lest you think I'm going to rip into you personally, I appreciate your honesty and, yes, vulnerability in giving me a straight answer.

That said, I would be remiss if I did not reply by saying I do not agree with a single damn bit of that.

This is not a personal attack. This is me saying what I read there is indistinguishable from the talk-radio-fueled conspiracy-theorist screed I often get from customers in my store who are either coming from or going to the reduced-cost community psychiatric clinic across the street. I'm not calling you crazy, but I am saying you're repeating crazy. At best it's crazy. At worst it's institutional xenophobic paranoia of the basest sort, and your conception of assimilation would make the Borg blush.

I don't know you personally outside of this site, and I'm not questioning that you are a good person, but if I heard an individual saying those things in person, I would not be comfortable allowing them around my family. I am doubtful we could find any sort of common ground on this issue, but honestly that makes me less angry than sad. I'm not sure whether it's just your choice of informational input, or traumatic experiences, or upbringing, or whatever. I just wish you could see the extent to which you're voluntarily limiting your ability to engage your community and, yes, your nation. I would like to think you're better than that. Our shared heritage across all ethnicities, languages, and faiths is and will always be a richer source of inspiration and truth than any sad, compartmentalized tribal identity, and the broader story of all the world's peoples offers a brighter future than the dim, narrow, carefully parsed glorification of empire you're choosing to call Western civilization. So now you know where I'm coming from. I hope you know I don't mean you any ill will on a personal level, but I'm not going to just sit here and bait you and be snarky without meeting transparency with transparency - agree or disagree, you deserve better. The hyperconnectivity of today's world means our neighborhood has never been bigger; I simply choose to see my neighbors the way a first-century noncitizen Palestinian Jew taught me to.
But, if it will help him sleep easier at night...Hispanics will make up about 30% of the population, but the majority of Hispanics identify as White of Hispanic Origin...so if that is still true in 2065 then 3/5 of the population will technically be white people.

You may still have to be K-nut's old white shoe shine man, though... \:p
I've got a nickel with Wondys name on it. And don't get me started on when we finally vote for that national "slap a whitey" day. I'm coming for half the people on the board

So that's like...two of you at this point...
But I digress...powah!!!
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
Ha. So wondy is afraid of white folks finally being treated the same way they've been treating everyone else for centuries.

I can feel the powah!!!

Actually, white folks over the last 50 years or so have done a lot to compensate for past wrongs, and have been very open to minorities. Annual statistics on the rising ratio of mixed-race marriages attest to that. As well as, say, the election of Barack Obama by a majority of whites. If Obama were Colin Powell or Herman Cain or some other black candidate who shared my conservative/nationalist values and wasn't a Cultural Marxist, I would have voted for him as a black candidate.
I cited polls previously that showed the majority of Americans for 20 years before 2008 cited Collin Powell as the candidate not on the ballot they wished would run.

The issue is not race. The issue is assimilation, and whether a minority-majority U.S. population would preserve our culture and the Constitutional rule of law, or whether it would replace our culture with mob rule, or a socialist order that would target whites under a mix of Democrat-feuled anti-white/class-envy demagoguery to rally the minority base. That is certainly what Democrats have been increasingly doing for at least 20 years.

Likewise, the same Cultural Marxist race tactics demagogueing whites in nations like Brazil, Venezuela and Bolivia. It is not an isolated case of the U.S. being allegedly meaner and more white-racist. These are standard worldwide Cultural Marxist divide-and-conquer tactics.

I'm sorry, Wondy. I know you probably think I was trying to bait you somehow,

Yes.

and I honestly wasn't.

Oh yes. You were.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to understand where you're coming from, and lest you think I'm going to rip into you personally, I appreciate your honesty and, yes, vulnerability in giving me a straight answer.

I'd like to believe that, but...

That said, I would be remiss if I did not reply by saying I do not agree with a single damn bit of that.

Here we go.

This is not a personal attack. This is me saying what I read there is indistinguishable from the talk-radio-fueled conspiracy-theorist screed I often get from customers in my store who are either coming from or going to the reduced-cost community psychiatric clinic across the street.

"This is not a personal attack." Followed in the very next sentence with a viciously insulting personal attack. This is the third or fourth time you've assured me of your civility while simultaneously insulting me in the most absurd way possible.
REALITY CHECK: I didn't cite conspiracy theory, I cited sourced facts from non-right-wing polling groups, and statistics spanning decades by federal agencies like the U.S. Justice Department. I have two degrees and a medical certification, I'm not on medication or under psychiatric care, or impoverished so that I would be getting medication from some public clinic.

Originally Posted By: Sonnuvabich
I'm not calling you crazy,

Yes, you lyingly ARE.

but I am saying you're repeating crazy. At best it's crazy. At worst it's institutional xenophobic paranoia of the basest sort, and your conception of assimilation would make the Borg blush.

I'm citing facts from clear and reputable sources. You are PORTRAYING it lyingly as "institutional xenophobic paranoia" because you refuse to process and evaluate what I cited from the most reputable of sources, and just wish to insult me for saying something YOU are actually uninformed about, because you CHOOSE to be uninformed about it. You increasingly sound like a liberal Democrat.

Are there not millions more illegals in the country than in 2000 or 2008?
Are they not committing hundreds of thousands of crimes annually?
Are not over 50% of them on welfare?
Is it not a fact that the MINIMUM blacks as a demographic group have voted for a Democrat presidential candidate in the last 30 years is 88% ?
Is it not a statistical fact that there are about 3 million births a year, and 300,000 of them are "anchor babies" born to mothers illegally in this country, creating a path toward citizenship for their parents and entire extended family?
Don't illegal immigrants cost this country 100 billion a year in Federal, state and local law enforcement and social services?

These are not "paranoia". These are facts. Don't insult me for citing facts.

I don't know you personally outside of this site, and I'm not questioning that you are a good person, but if I heard an individual saying those things in person, I would not be comfortable allowing them around my family. I am doubtful we could find any sort of common ground on this issue, but honestly that makes me less angry than sad. I'm not sure whether it's just your choice of informational input, or traumatic experiences, or upbringing, or whatever. I just wish you could see the extent to which you're voluntarily limiting your ability to engage your community and, yes, your nation. I would like to think you're better than that. Our shared heritage across all ethnicities, languages, and faiths is and will always be a richer source of inspiration and truth than any sad, compartmentalized tribal identity, and the broader story of all the world's peoples offers a brighter future than the dim, narrow, carefully parsed glorification of empire you're choosing to call Western civilization. So now you know where I'm coming from. I hope you know I don't mean you any ill will on a personal level, but I'm not going to just sit here and bait you and be snarky without meeting transparency with transparency - agree or disagree, you deserve better. The hyperconnectivity of today's world means our neighborhood has never been bigger; I simply choose to see my neighbors the way a first-century noncitizen Palestinian Jew taught me to.

I really don't know where you're coming from.

Mixed with some gentler insults that you wouldn't want me around your family, etc., you've again insinuated some more, but HAVEN'T ADDRESSED ANY OF THE FACTS I PRESENTED or made the slightest case for my opinion being "paranoia".
It's not paranoia.
It is FACT.

You present a Kumbaya optimism about immigration and race that ignores what is actually happening.

Mexican drug cartels, and the related crime spreading deeper into the U.S. side of the border. Rampant drug addiction that is becoming a leading cause of death in the U.S.
As I said (and you ignored) an increasing incidence (both reported and unreported) of black-on-white crime, and riots. Minorities (both reported, and more so unreported) attacking whites in the street, sucker-punching them for kicks, hospitalizing them and killing them. MS-13 gangs, and other Hispanic gangs in spreading crime and violence.
Secessionist Mexican groups on virtually every college campus in the U.S. Southwest, and Leftists in CA gathering 550,000 signatures to have California secede from the United States.

And (as you ignored) Leftist/minority groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter, that want to tear down our monuments. And not just Civil War monuments, but tearing down monuments of Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant and other patriotic national monuments. Undermining the reason for existence of the nation. And a penultimate step to revolution and tearing down the nation itself.

Read THE SHADOW PARTY by David Horowitz.
Read STATE OF EMERGENCY by Pat Buchanan.
You can't dismiss the evidence they cite as "paranoia" and guys waiting in line for free meds at a public clinic. I COULD cite what YOU posted as complacency and self-delusion, and an immunity to the facts right in front of your face.

Wondy has changed my mind.

I'm only coming after one of you for national "slap a whitey" day.
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
Wondy has changed my mind.

I'm only coming after one of you for national "slap a whitey" day.

Yeah, that's comforting.

Even if I shine your shoes?

Chicago Pastor Demands Washington Name be Removed from Park Because of Slavery Ties

This warrants repeating. The Left quickly manifested their true agenda. Not taking down monuments to Confederate historical figures, their true agenda is undermining the legitimacy of the nation itself, by attacking its founders.

Marxists are at the core of the founding of Black Lives Matter, Code Pink, Occupy Wall Street, Antifa and other leftist organizations. Their goal is not "cleansing" the nation of "racists". Their goal is toppling the nation itself, and replacing it with a communist/socialist authoritarian government. One in spirit with Lenin, Stalin, Castro, Che and Mao. Prominent Marxists who they often quote and exult. Including Obama, Hillary Clinton, and many who served in their administrations.
You make excuses for neo nazis that run down crowds of people WB. I don't understand how you can logically than attack broadly "the left". This to me is further than you've gone before. It looks like a war mentality where you've thrown out basic right and wrong out the window. Now it's all about sides
You make excuses for neo nazis that run down crowds of people WB. I don't understand how you can logically than attack broadly "the left". This to me is further than you've gone before. It looks like a war mentality where you've thrown out basic right and wrong out the window. Now it's all about sides

Re-read what I wrote.
I didn't "make excuses" for neo-nazis.
I (just like the ACLU) said that even free speech that is unpleasant needs to be permitted for free speech to truly exist. Otherwise (as your brethren on the Left have already attempted) you could just brand ANY free speech you don't like as "hate speech" to prevent any ideas dissenting from a leftist POV from being heard.

In the specific case of the guy in the car, I've simply entertained the idea that it is POSSIBLE this guy was being attacked by Antifa. I've also said that his history of violent incidents, including attacking his own mother, and his Hitler-worship make it certainly questionable he was simply acting in self-defense. But as I showed in the video, as he hit the crowd in the street, Antifa were already chasing him with clubs, and bashing his car at almost the second of impact.

I defended that a lot of these people were veterans or just pro-Robert E. Lee-monument protestors, and either demonstrating separately or near them were some white supremacists (as is made clear in the video I cited as the best commentary). The video I posted is footage of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, vs. the narrative that was on the news, that they were allegedly all white supremacists.

VERY CLEAR: I defended free speech, not white supremacists.

Also very clear: Trump condemned the extremist rhetoric and violence on both sides. The media and Left want him to say that ALL protesting in Charlottesville were white supremacists. They were not, and he wouldn't. They wanted Trump to give a free pass to Black Lives Matter and Antifa. He would NOT.

And neither will I.
White nationalists return to Charlottesville
"...The group, all dressed similarly and holding lit torches, could be heard chanting "the south will rise again" and "Russia is our friend".
M E M, what's the point?
Do you seriously believe that ANYONE in the GOP you are trying to smear with mention of this believes that "the South will rise again" or that "Russia is our friend"?

There are far more historical ties between the Democrats and slavery/segretion/the Klan, and between the Democrats and treasonous relationships with Russia/the Soviet Union. In the latter case, ties between the Hillary campaign and Russians, and between DNC-supporting Facebook and their running millions of ads fronting Russian campaign-interfering propaganda.

What white supremacist groups do in Charlottesville is as irrelevant to mainstream politics as the activities of the Westboro Baptist Church, which likewise has about 35 members, and the external support of no one.
As I said prior, the KKK in modern times has about 5,000 members, and even if you include other white supremacist groups, that maybe brings the total to possibly 40,000. In a nation of over 320 million people, white supremacists are irrelevant. And thanks to low white birthrates overall, and thanks to overwhelming third-world immigration annually for decades (only about 18% of which is white/European) the South is not going to "rise again", and even if it was, the GOP and/or Trump certainly aren't advocating or supporting that message.

As I also said before (quoting Trump's inauguration speech) "Whether white or black or brown, we all bleed the same red, and share the same dreams" is clearly not white supremacist rhetoric, however the Left tries to paint it that way.
what's the point mentioning what that piece of shit said at his inauguration that Russia helped him with. And the neo-nazis and white supremacists know Trump is their guy. And the people willing to stand with the Nazi flag surprised me. The people willing to side with them surprised me. I wish you were correct about their politics not mattering but they helped elect a president.
what's the point mentioning what that piece of shit said at his inauguration that Russia helped him with. And the neo-nazis and white supremacists know Trump is their guy. And the people willing to stand with the Nazi flag surprised me. The people willing to side with them surprised me. I wish you were correct about their politics not mattering but they helped elect a president.

AGAIN: White supremacists are FAR less than 1% of the population, at most 40,000 out of a U.S. population of over 320 million. They couldn't even POSSIBLY "help elect" Trump with those tiny numbers. The overwhelming majority at the Charlottesville protest were **NOT** white supremacists, and asked the supremacists to leave, and though they did march in Charlottesville (for preserving Civil War historical monuments, **NOT** for white supremacy) they protested separately and at a distance from the white supremacists. I posted multiple videos here that make that abundantly clear, despite the false propaganda you just said in the above paragraph.

What you and the broader left LOVE to do is paint anyone who disagrees with you as a racist, and put your political opposition (FALSELY!) in the same box with white supremacists and the Westboro Baptist Church, no matter how many times the overhelming majority of conservatives thoroughly condemn and disown them!

And your constantly calling Donald Trump a "piece of shit" just underscores how vitriolic, emotional and completely unhinged your logic is.

President Trump has achieved more good for the nation in barely his first 9 months than Obama did in 8 years. And reversed and repealed much of the damage Alinsky/Ayers/cultural Marxist Obama (and Hillary Clinton) had previously done.

In roughly his first 6 months, Trump exceeded 3% annual growth, where Obama stunted economic growth with obstructionist policy to 2% or less in all of his 8 years.
Trump is rebuilding our military, has overseen a 25% increase in the stock market, has vastly reduced welfare and disability by creating jobs, has currently reduced illegal border crossings by an incredible 78% (!!!!) and has restored our international prestige by standing up to the Iranians and North Koreans. Unemployment is the lowest since 2001. Manufacturing is the highest since 2004.

And all you have is slander, in the attempt to tear down a president who is in opposition to the globalist/corporate elites in both parties, and for the first time since Ronald Reagan, arguably even more so than Reagan, is serving the best interests of the nation, and of its people.

I am daily awed at how this president has achieved so much, particularly in the face of such opposition.
Opposition from both from wealthy establishment globalist/coroporate elites, and from the obstructionist Democrats who will never give him credit for ANYTHING, and from the turncoat RINOS in his own party (McCain, Graham, Flake, McConnell) many of whom promised to repeal Obamacare, and then did the opposite of what they promised after Nov 2016.

Like no other political leader since Reagan and Gingrich, Trump is a political leader who made promises to voters, and has been committed to doing exactly what he promised.

The growth you tout under Trump is actually a little less than what Obama had towards the end of his term. That isn't opinion but fact I debunked in an earlier thread. Not surprised that less from Trump awes you. And your self serving partisan generalizing isn't worth a response. I'm not quick to call somebody a racist but Trump is and it's usually a black person he's calling racist.
The growth you tout under Trump is actually a little less than what Obama had towards the end of his term. That isn't opinion but fact I debunked in an earlier thread. Not surprised that less from Trump awes you. And your self serving partisan generalizing isn't worth a response. I'm not quick to call somebody a racist but Trump is and it's usually a black person he's calling racist.

From Trump's inauguration speech on Jan 20th:
"Whether white or black or brown, we all bleed the same red, and share the same dreams..."

Yeah, how racist and divisive. It is the Democrat/Left that constantly tries to splinter the nation along race and class lines, and either manufactures racism where it doesn't exist or vastly exaggerates it to frighten and rally their political base.

More blacks and Hispanics voted for Trump than have for any recent Republican presidential candidate, which helped to push Trump over the top in Nov 2016 with an electoral landslide in many former traditionally blue states.

The growth you tout under Trump is actually a little less than what Obama had towards the end of his term.

Uh...

Originally Posted By: WB
Trump is rebuilding our military, has overseen a 25% increase in the stock market, has vastly reduced welfare and disability by creating jobs, has currently reduced illegal border crossings by an incredible 78% (!!!!) and has restored our international prestige by standing up to the Iranians and North Koreans. Unemployment is the lowest since 2001. Manufacturing is the highest since 2004.

Those are cited precedents that far precede Obama's presidency. So your talking points of Obama's alleged higher economic numbers are obviously false.

I would further add:

BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT DROPS TO THE LOWEST IN 17 YEARS

TRUMP IS BETTER FOR BLACK AMERICA THAN OBAMA EVER WAS

Here's a YouTube video by a local resident of Charlettesville, who shows that a local college professor and Antifa leader ON VIDEO encouraged lookouts to tell others when a car was coming so other Antifa could attack the car and provoke them in a panic to hit someone so they could blame it on "racist violence".

Antifa helped kill in Charlottesville. MSM will not show you this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LX59Ral_7Q

So that backs up what I said a year ago (with video that showed it) that right before the driver accelerated, there were Antifa with clubs all over his car. Out of fear or anger, he accelerated to shake them off. And Antifa, not the driver, orchestrated what happened.

I guess we'll see what the actual evidence is at trial. The alt right has thrown a lot of conspiracy theories that just sound kooky but we live in the land of Trump where journalists are called the enemy of the state. It still looks like somebody ramming his car through a crowd killing somebody that was there protesting the alt right/neo nazis.

Conspiracy theories like what, specifically?
NO ONE is defending the "alt-right" or whatever you want to call these white supremacists. But this guy killing a girl with his car seems unrelated to their antics.

It was a guy driving along in his car, and for reasons not clear suddenly accelerated, and as the video makes clear there was aa mob of guys with clubs all over him at the moment of impact, Regardless of his personal Hitler-adoring bigotry, it looks to me like he was fleeing for his life and totaled his car in the process.

And the other issue you bring up, Obama arguably exceeded the worst excesses of Trump when it comes to the media. His White House tried to exclude Fox News as "not a real news channel", and then lied about the attempt after. But Judiciaal Watch proved with the Obama White House's internal e-mails that was exactly what they deceitfully did.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room...x-news-channel/
Absolutely, beyond question. And even 40-year veteran reporters of the New York Times and Washington Post described the Obama administration as the most "control freak" administration they ever dealt with, including the Nixon administration! In terms of intimidating, electronically monitoring, and prosecuting White House leakers.

Do you remember when they had Fox News correspondent James Rosen arrested?

The worst Trump has done is make a few off-the-cuff remarks about the media's liberal bias and anonymous-sourced "fake news" and there are plenty of examples in the last 18 months to back that up.
https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/
And that's just Trump's top 10 picks, there are plenty more.

And:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2017/0...ive_410848.html

The worst excess of Trump's was a single reporter who was shouting questions antagonistically over what was supposed to be a pleasant photo op, and Trump had his people make her leave. And I think what the reporter did was rude, and something she would NEVER have done to Barack Obama, or to a hypothetical president Hillary Clinton. But I feel Trump should have just ignored her and not banned her.
But what she did was Jim Acosta-level grandstanding theatrics. And by the merest coincidence they both work for CNN (that I think of as DNC-NN).

Quote:
It wasn’t clear whether Shine and Sanders were acting on their own against Collins or were carrying out a directive from Trump himself. In a statement Wednesday, the White House said: “At the conclusion of a press event in the Oval Office a reporter shouted questions and refused to leave despite repeatedly being asked to do so. Subsequently, our staff informed her she was not welcome to participate in the next event, but made clear that any other journalist from her network could attend. She said it didn’t matter to her because she hadn’t planned to be there anyway. To be clear, we support a free press and ask that everyone be respectful of the presidency and guests at the White House.”

That's clearly not a media ban, but banning one reporter temporarily for bad behavior.

As compared to Obama trying to ban Fox News entirely, and arresting reporters to intimidate them and the rest of the media. AMAZING how the 93% anti-Trump media doesn't discuss the latest event in that context!

A day or two ago was the one-year anniversary of this Charlottesville thing.

On Fox's morning show about an hour ago, I saw that there were about 20 supremacists who showed up to make a show of their racism, and they were met by literally thousands of Antifa in masks and brandishing weapons. One they showed was an Antifa guy with a slingshot, who brought plenty of big rocks and pieces of broken glass to shoot at anyone on the other side.

It's completely misrepresentative for the news networks to blame the white supremacists for deaths at Charlottesville last year. There were a total of three deaths: two police officers who died in a low-flying police helicopter that apparently crashed in a downdraft, and Heather Heyer, the paralegal who was killed by the guy in his car. But as I showed in the video earlier in the topic, the driver was being chased and attacked by guys with clubs, as demonstrated by the fact that they were carrying clubs and on his car beating it with clubs half a second after the impact.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that he didn't intend to kill anyone, he was just fleeing for his life from a violent Antifa mob armed with clubs trying to break into his car and pull him out. There is substantial video to back up that assertion, as I posted earlier in the topic. Pending a trial (that still hasn't happened, I think they want the kid to take a plea deal to hide the true facts, so they can stick to the "white supremacists caused 3 deaths" narrative), that remains my opinion of what happened.

So it's deceptive and untrue for all the networks, including Fox News, to say "racist protests caused three deaths". It wasn't the racists who caused any of the 3 deaths. As I showed above, one Antifa leader (a college professor) instructed protestors to hit cars and cause precisely the type of accident that occurred, so they could claim martyrdom and violence by "racist protestors". Who were in fact Antifa orchestrating it.

AGAIN: I think the racist guys are idiots, and I don't agree with them. But I think for whatever bigotry against Jews and so forth, they were not the ones who initiated violence and caused the death of Heather Heyer. It's just that no one, including Fox, wants to defend white nationalists, even when they were set up and blamed for something that was not their plan, but Antifa's.

Antifa was in Portland, Oregon a few weeks ago, harassing and intimidating people in their cars.

Portland Antifa Violence Against Senior Citizens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq-dcJrnGTM

The driver speeding away, terrified of being clubbed, looks EXACTLY like the racist kid who accidentally killed Heather Heyer in Charlottesville.

Granted, the kid was a racist Hitler-worshipping jerk with anger issues, who even hit his mother. But pending further evidence, Antifa orchestrated that driver to race away in terror, deliberately, by their mob terrorism. I already posted a video of an Antifa leader instructing his activist thugs in Charlottesville to do precisely that to drivers, to create martyrs.

In Portland, and in Charlottesville.
You feel he accidentally accelerated his car into the crowd with his car killing one person and injuring 38 others? He isn't going to trial because he accidentally killed somebody WB

You feel he accidentally accelerated his car into the crowd with his car killing one person and injuring 38 others? He isn't going to trial because he accidentally killed somebody WB

Well, that's what the trial is for, isn't it?

I feel he was swarmed by guys with clubs, and he tried to get away. Look at the video again, he was driving away and they were chasing him, and were swarming like ants all over his car at the moment of impact. And he then slammed it in reverse to shake them off. They weren't running from his car, they were attacking him.

As I posted video of, the Antifa leader was instructing his thugs to harass drivers, to try and incite exactly what happened. And now you've seen video of the same thing happening in Portland. The same banging on car windows and threatening drivers with clubs, the same reaction accellerating to try and get away.

And in another video I linked, it cites how if he really wanted to kill people, he could have driven up on the curb where he could have hit or killed a lot more people.

I'm not a fan of white racists or killers, if he is guilty he should spend the rest of his life in jail. But racist or not, if he was terrified and trying to escape being clubbed to death by these Antifa thugs, if they caused it and he was just trying to get away, then THEY should be the ones sentenced to prison for 35 years, and the media should cover this for a tragic accident and not a racist killing.

If those are the facts.

All Videos(Compilation) Of Tragic Car Crash Into Crowd At Charlottesville VA Alt Right Rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0K0KmSfBs

Comment after video:

Originally Posted By: F M
Black people who were never slaves are fighting white people who were never Nazis over a confederate statue erected by Democrats because Democrats can't stand their own history anymore.. yet somehow it's Trump's fault."

You can also see from 1:47 to 2:15 in several replays that at least one of the Antifa guys were on the car, and were thrown off at the moment of impact. A fraction of a second after the impact, they are all over the car with clubs and thrown off a second time when the driver slammed the car in reverse and sped away. So... you have guys with clubs on your car attacking you.
Are you trying to hit the 32 year old female paralegal, or are you trying to accellerate to shake off a mob of Antifa guys clubbing your car?
Are you trying to kill people, or are you just trying to escape?

Grant vs. Lee, who was the better general?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YTEbnj4v0U

It profiles what kind of person both Grant and Lee were. Relative to building a monument in honor of Robert E. Lee is what kind of person he was. The statue at the center of the controversy is arguably not about the war, but about Lee himself, and his actions after the war that helped to heal the nation.

But hey, the maniacs out there want to tear down the monuments to Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Columbus, so it's not even about the Civil War or the individuals in it at this point. If it ever was.

Most of the condensate statues were put up as a fuck you to the North. The guy who ran his car into a crowd was found guilty btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlottesville_car_attack#Investigation_and_prosecution

Quote:
FBI Director Christopher A. Wray said that the [car] attack [by James Alex Fields Jr.] met the definition of domestic terrorism.[11] Fields was scheduled to appear in court on August 14.[6] He appeared via video from jail and was denied bail.[10] Fields said that he could not afford a lawyer; a private attorney was appointed by the judge, as a public defender could not be appointed due to a conflict of interest.[11][28

Hmmmm....

Quote:
On July 5, 2018, Fields pleaded not guilty to all 30 counts of federal hate crime charges.[39]

The trial was set to begin on November 26, 2018.[32]

On December 7, 2018, Fields was found guilty of first-degree murder, hit and run, and eight counts of malicious wounding.[40]

It's possible they voted guilty because he's a racist jerk who has hit his own mother, a paraplegic.
It's also possible that he got inadequate defense. I really expected the D.A. to pull a Mueller on him and force him to take a plea so the facts of Antifa contributing to the accident would never be heard in court. Oh, the racist took a plea bargain and went to jail. Okay.

That doesn't explain the way an attacker's body was thrown off his car at the moment of impact (because he was attacking the driver before the impact.)

Charlottesville car attack suspect denied bail in first court appearance (CBS News)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cF9dngn8ZA

That doesn't explain the way a swarm of Antifa guys with clubs were all over his car a split second after the impact, and continued clubbing his car until he slammed the car in reverse, threw them off, and got away.
That doesn't explain how if he really wanted to kill people, he could have driven up onto the sidewalk instead of staying on the street, and killed a lot more.

He pleaded not guilty. But I'm not convinced that anyone, including his defense attorney, really wanted to help him explain the mitigating circumstances of wanting to escape Antifa beating on his car, or that anyone in the jury was exposed to the videos on youtube that explain the Antifa factor, that would have created reasonable doubt in the jurors.
I'm not saying Fields didn't commit a crime. I think he commited some lesser charge of manslaughter, he didn't deliberately try to kill Heather Heyer. She was just in the path when he was trying to escape an Antifa mob. But because of the profile of it, connected to the Charlottesville riots and the white supremacists, with whom Fields agrees and shares their ideology, and irregardlerss of the accident is himself a Nazi, I think there was an eagerness for political reasons to give him a maximum sentence and make it a hatecrime.

Dylan Roof walking into a Charleston church and shooting a bunch of black Christians, that's a hatecrime. But I'm still not convinced Fields' hitting Heyer with his car is truly race supremacist motivated. I'm not convinced he wanted to kill, or even saw, Heyer before the impact. He was found guilty for being a racist jerk, not for the actual crime.

Yuck
"During the trial, prosecutors provided evidence that Fields showed little remorse for the murder in a call he made to his mother in December 2017. He referred to Heyer as “that one girl who died, or whatever” and said her death “doesn’t fucking matter,” according to BuzzFeed.

Days prior to the deadly rally, he sent a photo of Adolf Hitler to his mother along with the text, “We’re not the one [sic] who need to be careful.”

Videos from several angles and photos from the Charlottesville attack show Fields flying down Fourth Street in his car, plowing into protesters, then backing up and hitting more.

Fields’ defense asked the court to find him guilty of lesser charges of unlawful wounding and involuntary manslaughter, arguing that he was immature at the time of the attack and that he drove into protesters out of fear. Antony called the defense an excuse, noting that Fields could have backed away from protesters."
HuffPost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Northam#Racist_yearbook_controversies

The Democrat Virginia governor, who campaigned on the Charlottesville unrest, painting his Republican opponent Ed Gillespie as a racist and advocate of white supremacists.... is the racist who (undiscosed which he is in the photo) either paints his face minstrel-show style and mocks blacks, or wears a KKK hood in his 1984 yearbook photo. His not-at-all-credible public statement this afternoon seems to indicate he's the minstrel-show black-face in the photo.

Either way, he should resign.

I'm actually of the opinion that he was young and stupid in 1984 and he shouldn't be judged by what probably isn't actually racist, but is instead a prank at a Halloween party that was just racially insensitive without a lot of forethought, and it should be dismissed as a foolish indiscretion of youth.
But given the assumption of guilt he and his fellow Democrats unleashed on his Republican opposition in the governor election, turnabout is absolutely fair play. On a lot less he railed on and smeared Ed Gillespie. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Yeah, a ridiculous argument, that'll never happen...

After Charlottesville Drops Jefferson's Birthday, UVA Republicans, Democrats Differ on School's Celebration

They also want to end "white supremacist/white genocide" Columbus Day.

And...

Mural depicting 'racist history of America' will be covered, not destroyed in San Francisco

Wow, that was big of them.

Lincoln Memorial vandalized: "fuck law" spray-painted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6PAXbN_LrE

counter protest after vandalism to Frank Rizzo statue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bs3gpn5Ios

Oh, but they'd never go beyond Confederate monuments to target U.S. founders!
That's just paranoia, remember? Want to backpedal on that?

[*crickets*]

[ *crickets*]

They've been tearing down statues in cities all over the U.S. for several days now. Not just Confederate statues, but also statues of Washington, Jefferson. Grant! Lincoln!
Clearly this is not about abolishing statues of Confedrate heroes, or 'bigotry" or "slavery". This is about destroying the history and the moral right of the United States to exist as a nation. Wiping away its greatness and achievements as the most exceptional nation in history. The Democrat party is the spearhead enabling this chaos. They welcome it! They endorse it, they cheer it on!

Last night I watched in Portland, Oregon where Black Lives Matter/Antifa protestors tore down a statue of George Washington. Before they did, they draped an American flag on it and let the statue on fire before they tore it down. Once they had it on the ground, they urinated on it.

Tonight just an hour ago in Washington DC --our nation's capital!-- the Black Lives Matter crowd tore dowwn a Civil War monument to Albert Pike. What pissed me off most is how the cops stood by their squad cars with the blue lights flashing, but did absolutely nothing to stop it, for a prolonged period, till the idiot protestors finally worked out a way to bring it down, and then chanted their idiot slogans, likely with no understanding of the history they just destroyed, or of the Italian sculptor who created it where it's stood since 1901.

This is not about righting injustice, or "racism" or "slavery".
It's about hating and destroying the United States.

© RKMBs