RKMBs
Posted By: Matter-eater Man RIP John McCain - 2018-08-26 3:53 PM
John McCain's military record and legacy

I had seriously considered voting for him in 2008.
Posted By: Pariah Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-26 5:07 PM
Probably committed suicide.

May God of have mercy on your soul, traitor.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-26 5:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

I had seriously considered voting for him in 2008.

You were calling him "Bush Part II" as far back as 02/26/08 07:44 PM

Then, there were the threads from 2008 on with such nuanced titles as:

• McCain's hail Mary pass
  • McCain evading debates in 08
  • McCain's stunt
  • McCain Threatens Critics with Fines and Jail?
  • McCain fingerpointing in 08
  • McCain's terrorist pal
  • Joe the Plumber: McCain Used Me

Yep, totally considering voting for him...as long as he wasn't actually running ;\)
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-27 1:57 AM
There were other posts where I talked about seriously considering voting for him in 2008 while he was running. I did indeed go on to support and vote for Obama but that doesn't change that I had considered supporting McCain before that. His service and sacrifice for his country is something both sides can admire.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-27 6:16 AM
Bye,John.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-27 8:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Bye,John.

I'm really disappointed you didn't put your usual post up here so I could quote it and accuse you of being Donald Trump
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-27 9:52 PM
The press is angry at Trump for treating McCain the same way the press treated McCain in 2008. Funny that.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-28 3:22 AM
Do you really feel that way? The press generally speaking recognized McCain's service while Trump went the other way. He basically had to be shamed into doing the right thing today. I don't want to get into the Trump stuff here to be honest, I think even if you didn't like McCain he deserves better than that
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-28 6:43 AM
Good.
Glad He's dead.
Always hated that guy,

or

It's a shame he died,I never got a chance to sleep with him.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-28 6:50 AM
I actually liked McCain. I'm not sure if the gossip I've heard about him over the last few days is true but I liked him and he would have been a better President than Obamuh was.

I did hear he was buddies with Chuck,Star Wars emperor,Schumer. He did have that going against him.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-28 3:00 PM
Do you really feel that way? The press generally speaking recognized McCain's service while Trump went the other way. He basically had to be shamed into doing the right thing today. I don't want to get into the Trump stuff here to be honest, I think even if you didn't like McCain he deserves better than that

The press in 2008 pretty much called McCain a senile racist. Much like yourself, they only respected him as long as he wasn't running for president against a democrat.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-29 3:44 AM
Mr. President, stop attacking the press
McCain didn't have much time for the whole whiny "the press is so unfair" crap.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-29 4:10 AM
If McCain had died in 1999 or 2000, I'd have been inclined to say that the nation lost a great statesman. But even at that time, he was one of the "Keating 5", and a guy who cheated on and abandoned his first wife (who waited over 5 years for him as a POW, and took a lot of abuse after he came home) for a wealthy younger girl that allowed him to pursue his poltical ambitions.

I've seen videos interviewing the other POW's who were with him at the Hanoi Hilton, who regard him as a traitor and a "canary" who sang for the North Vietnamese under torture, and there are televised video confessions of McCain saying every word of propaganda the North Vietnamese wanted him to say.
In fairness, I think most of us would eventually break under the torture McCain endured. But this is what the men who were imprisoned with him said, who endured the same torture.

I cringe every time I hear someone say the word "maverick" in connection with McCain's name. It's such a trite and meaningless label. And what Democrats and the liberal media love about McCain is not that he's his own man who doesn't go with the consensus, it's that McCain has been a thorn in ths side of multiple Republican presidents, where in the cases of the last 2 Republican presidents, Dems and the media can say "look, even other Republicans disagree with W. Bush".
Or Trump.

I'll concede that McCain fought against Dems and the media for the troop surge in 2008-2009 that turned the tide and won the war in Iraq (that Obama squandered and lost in Dec 2011 by prematurely withdrawing all forces, that directly caused the rise of ISIS and lost half of Iraq, and allowed ISIS to spread to 40 other nations.)

But McCain as his last vindictive act, just to spite Trump, was the single vote that obstructed the full repeal of Obamacare, just to humiliate Trump.
And actually one further last vindictive act was to say he didn't want Trump to attend his funeral. Despite that, Trump was remarkably gracious saying McCain was a great American and that his death was a loss for the country. But then the Dems and the media made a big deal about Trump not being EVEN MORE gracious and heaping on more praise (which if he did, they would just accuse him of being insincere).

Up through 2000, I'd say McCain for whatever flaws was more arguably serving the nation's best interest.
Since 2000, McCain has increasingly been a turncoat against the GOP who has served his own political self-interest, against the GOP, often siding against the GOP with the Democrats for reasons that were either confused or deliberately destructive to the nation and the GOP. He campaigned with kid gloves against Obama in 2008, and refused to expose the extreme Cultural Marxist leftism of Obama and his inner circle.
McCain similarly often sided with Kerry during the 2004 election. I increasingly saw him as a globalist/establishment Republican who was more of a foil than an actual opposition to the most radical tendencies of the Democrat/globalist Left.
David Horowitz in THE SHADOW PARTY cites ties and favors traded between George Soros and McCain.

I still give McCain credit for risking his political career for the troop surge in 2008-2009 (and likewise W. Bush, who was committed to winning in Iraq and not caving in to polls and political pressure to retreat)
But since 2000, McCain has more often been on the side of globalism and obstructing his own party than making choices that exposed corruption and served the nation's best interest. And McCain's actions actually obstructed the GOP from doing so. Unfortunately that obstruction wing in the GOP, as exemplified by Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, Jeff Sessions and Lindsey Graham, outlives McCain and continues to obstruct a truly reformative president, and continues to obstruct efforts of the Tea Party/"Freedom Caucus" wing, who support Trump's populist/conservative agenda.

Even in death, McCain remains a political stick with which the media bludgeons Trump. This is something McCain planned by excluding Trump from his funeral. So even in death, McCain shows what side he was truly on. In this aspect certainly, McCain's spite, not his virtue, survives and defines him.

I don't begrudge credit for the things I listed that McCain did right. But I do hold against him and expose the things he did that were either playing against his own party politically, manifesting poor judgement (in 2008 "We are all Georgians..." pushing for war to protect former-soviet Georgia in a region we have no logistical infrastructure or business, suspending his campaign in 2008 to go to Washington DC, selecting Sarah Palin over more qualified candidates, and siding against his own party in much of the Bush years, and spitefully and mindlessly siding against Trump in 2016-2018). And of McCain just acting in pure spite (as with his lone vote to obstruct repeal of Obamacare in 2017).
I also fault McCain for not resigning when he had a brain tumor, and not allowing another Republican in good health to more actively replace him. This, too, was one last malicious act to obstruct Trump and not let another Republican replace him who would more likely be a far greater legislative ally to Trump.

It annoys me, both on the more liberal networks and on Fox, how they are reluctant to say anything negative about McCain, calling him (MSNBC) "a lion of a man" and so forth. Okay, yeah, he did some good stuff. But let's also discuss that he was highly controversial, at best, at many other historical turns.

And the liberal media who call him a "lion" now, were calling him a racist in 2008, for daring to run against the Anointed One, calling him crazy from his POW experience, and a warmonger likely to start a war (by the way, Obama and Libya, anyone? Bush got Senate authorization in 2002, Obama never even asked!), and the media and Dems in 2008 labelling McCain as "just like Bush". Ironic, because except for the troop surge, McCain was largely in opposition to Bush and a thorn in Bush's side for 8 years.

So yeah, I give McCain some credit. But in full context, McCain was often an obstruction to national progress and even his an obstruction to his own party at many other turns.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-29 4:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
I actually liked McCain. I'm not sure if the gossip I've heard about him over the last few days is true but I liked him and he would have been a better President than Obamuh was.

That much I can agree with.

Although I was concerned that if he won, McCain's distance from Republican conservatism would further hurt the Republican brand by misrepresenting what Republicans are. As W Bush did.

I actually had the same fears of Trump winning. But Trump has turned out to be more nationalist and Republican-conservative than the actual so-called Republicans! Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Jeff Flake, John McCain and other prime examples, who have made promises to voters for 10 years, that they didn't deliver on for many years. But Trump, when elected, ACTUALLY DID!

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-29 2:25 PM
Wow you guys except for Lothor really had the knives out for McCain's passing. Yuck
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-29 8:13 PM
Wow you guys except for Lothor really had the knives out for McCain's passing. Yuck

pointing out how undeservedly shitty the media and democrats, including MEM, treated McCain in 2008 is "having the knives out for McCain's passing....mmm...Kay.....
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-30 2:27 AM

I did acknowledge some things McCain did right (and W. Bush as well, despite the blasphemy that it is to say).

I said that up to 2000, I was a McCain fan, and after that McCain became less and less of a Republican conservative, attacking his own party out of either confused idealism, or outright self-serving politics, to build his own "maverick" brand at the expense of the GOP. And even made backroom deals and traded favors and received campaign funding from George Soros. And there is no one more treasonously dedicated to toppling the United States than George Soros, that McCain could secretly deal with.

But I never begrudged McCain of his accolades, I just gave voice to the other side, acknowledging that McCain certainly had his failures and his controversies, that were unwarrantedly glossed over by the entire media, Fox included.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-30 3:37 AM
And if you were a dem I'm sure g would accuse you of being undeservedly shitty, lol. G you skipped recognizing anything positive about McCain and went right to the usual partisan accusations. I posted an editorial from McCain where he asked Trump to stop attacking the press. G you may feel differently but I think it's inappropriate to use McCain in a way to prop up Trump's sad and whiny attacks on the press. Given what McCain has actually said I doubt he would approve.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-30 4:17 AM
Btw who doesn't think it's cool that both republican and democrat Presidents are eulogiesing McCain?
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-30 3:05 PM
I posted an editorial from McCain where he asked Trump to stop attacking the press.

So, again, you still only praise McCain when he seems useful to your agenda.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-31 3:19 AM
Nonsense, as I said previously I even considered voting for McCain back when he was running in 2008. I think looking at the bitter and hateful stuff I see from your side and your lack of comment on anything beyond the usual partisan accusations and your willingness to use McCain to prop up a Trump talking point that in his own words didn't just buy into but wrote an editorial asking trump to stop attacking the press, it's really you guys that only supported McCain when he was running. When he wasn't you get this crap.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-08-31 1:59 PM
Oh, yeah, you were definitely going to vote for a guy you called "Bush 2."
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-01 6:20 AM
Bipartisan spirit reigns as John McCain lies in state in the Capitol rotunda
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-01 10:08 AM

Bipartisan Deep State establishment globalists.

And sincere patriotic people who don't understand how the same system McCain was a part of is working to crush U.S. sovereignty and reign us into a globalist system. Which is why they (as McCain was) are working so hard to undermine, discredit and destroy Trump. And abusing every federal agency and protected Constitutional freedom to do so.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-01 9:02 PM
Nobody is forcing Trump to be a lying piece of shit WB.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-02 7:37 AM

Nobody is forcing Trump to be a lying piece of shit WB.

A lying piece of shit:
"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan... "
--Barack Obama, 2013. Selected as "Lie Of The Year" by Factcheck for 2013.

On contrast, Donald Trump has kept more of his campaign promises than any president of my lifetime. And the few he hasn't kept have been due to the turncoat Deep State establishment/globalist actions of guys like John McCain. And Paul Ryan. And Mitch McConnell. And an apparently clueless Jeff Sessions.
McCain for me since he did it will always be the guy who hid his intentions and then at the last minute was the single vote that prevented Obamacare from being repealed as it should have been in 2017. That was pure spite, and not serving his Arizona constituents or his party.

The Democrats across the board are Cultural Marxist pieces of shit that undermine their party at every turn. I was recently reading a book about "Extortion 17", the helicopter shot down in Afghanistan that killed 38 soldiers, the most catastrophic loss of special forces soldiers ever by the U.S.
All because of political correctness considerations that superseded standard military procedures to protect our soldiers. When I read about stuff like this, it enrages me viscerally and truly makes me want to gut treasonous Democrat leaders with a dull rusty knife. But of course, unlike your party, I believe in the rule of law, and would never do that. While your party twists its authority in the style of Soviet officials, weaponizing federal agencies against its opponents.

It's a slow process, but I still believe that Strzok, Page, Ohr, McCabe, Comey, and even Hillary and Obama, will eventually face justice. It's a hopeful sign that over 25 corrupt members of the DOJ and FBI have already been fired, demoted or resigned, with more pending. With charges and indictments pending for criminal aabuse of power as well. But the wheels of legal procedure and bureaucracy sure turn slowly.

You strain to insult Trump, but the people truly doing damage to this country, leaking top secrets, getting soldiers killed, stoking racial division and violence against Trump supporters, are all on the Democrat side. And they are TRULY vile, America-hating lawless pieces of shit.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-02 4:02 PM
You and other Trump supporters cite that one from Obama as if that than makes all of Trump's lies okay. You know he can't even give testimony under oath because he'll lie. And here's a big difference between us, I didn't imagine acts of violence against the other side because a democrat was being investigated. Or our free and independent press the enemy of the people. You talk about the rule of law but it looks like Trump supporters are gearing up for a fight against it and their fellow countrymen.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-02 4:06 PM
The Triumph in John McCain's Losses
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-03 12:43 AM
You and other Trump supporters cite that one from Obama as if that than makes all of Trump's lies okay. You know he can't even give testimony under oath because he'll lie. And here's a big difference between us, I didn't imagine acts of violence against the other side because a democrat was being investigated. Or our free and independent press the enemy of the people. You talk about the rule of law but it looks like Trump supporters are gearing up for a fight against it and their fellow countrymen.

You don't need to imagine acts of violence against the other side because it happens every day from the left when they do not get their way.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-03 3:08 AM
The far-right was responsible for the majority of extremist killings in 2017 Violence from either side is unacceptable but spare me your pretend world where it's just the other side g.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-03 9:55 PM
I note you had to qualify it with only the far-right (as opposed to the right in general) and only murders (as opposed to assaults, property damage, etc.) in order to make your point.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-03 10:13 PM
My response was that it happens on both sides g. It doesn't excuse anything from any side but right now your side kills more in partisan violence.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-04 4:03 AM

My response was that it happens on both sides g. It doesn't excuse anything from any side but right now your side kills more in partisan violence.

Gee, I missed the dozens times people were physically attacked just for wearing "Hillary 2016" hats!

Or the number of times some Trump supporter shot up a congressional Democrat baseball game, or intimidated or harassed people in restarants or movie theatres just for being Democrats, as Kirstjen Nielsen, Sarah Huckabee, and Pam Bondi were.

It is a strain to find >>ONE<< incident where a Republican attacked Democrats. I can literally cite at least 50 incidents of Democrats attacking Republicans, or fanatic lowlives like Maxine Waters calling for more intimidation of Republican officials in the streets if not violence. After the Hodgkinson baseball incident, there were at least three Democrat strategists within a day who outright called for more shootings of Rupublicans.
So please tell me some more how "it happens on both sides".
>>>>ALL<<< the orchestrated violence and calls for violence are on the Democrat side.

I can only think of one incident where a Republican sucker-punched a Democrat, and that was at a Trump rally where the guy was disrupting a televised Trump speech and being escorted out, where he was not just wearing a hat or a shirt, but was antagonizing a rally auditorium filled with a few thousand Trump supporters, and disrupting the candidate himself during a nationally televised speech. He was being escorted out by security when he was punched. And arguably provoked it. ONE incident. One. Vs. the endless stoked and organized incidents of violence from the Democrat side.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-04 4:38 AM

The far-right was responsible for the majority of extremist killings in 2017 Violence from either side is unacceptable but spare me your pretend world where it's just the other side g.

I expected this to be the Southern Poverty Law Center, but it was compiled by the Anti-Defamation League, an overtly Jewish advocacy group that is firmly aligned with the Democrat Left.

They cite "a doubling" of "right wing killings" in 2017 over the previous year. They cite a total of 34 "extremist" killings. Of which they attribute "59%" to right-wing racist/white-nationalist groups.
So easy math, that's a grand total of 20 deaths by "right-wing" groups. So if that's a doubling over the previous year, there were 10 "right-wing" killings the previous year. And the only one they list by name is Heather Heyer. And as I said abundantly in the Charlottesville topic, it looks like the car driver was mobbed by Antifa clubbing his car that made him drive his car into the crowd in an attempt to escape an unprovoked beating. So Heather Heyer was not intentionally targeted and killed as a hate-crime, it was essentially an accident, and as I cited elsewhere, actually deliberately provoked by Antifa, not right-wingers.
And I'd love to know who these other 9 of the 10 were. I'd be willing to bet that the two police officers who died patrolling Charlottesville in a low-flying helicopter that crashed (completely unrelated to the protests or violence) were also included in that "doubling of right-wing deaths in 2017". Which is again including two who died in an accident, not from "right-wing violence", except by twisting the criteria to expand "right wing deaths." So that already brings the "increase" down to 7.
I've already decreased the increase by 30%!

And a "doubling of killings" and "59% of all extremist killings" sounds like hundreds more "right-wing" killings. But it's a manipulation, a deceit. And given that 3 of the 10 if I identified them correctly are a lie, I'm not confident that the other 7 are not a lie as well.

I wonder if ADL felt the same compulsion to tabulate the increase in violent black/liberal attacks and deaths after the George Zimmerman verdict, or after Ferguson, MO "hands up don't shoot" rhetoric that stoked violence, Or after Christopher Dorner who lavished praise on CNN and MSNBC reporters and anchors as the inspiration for his online manifesto.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt
Dorner killed 5 and injured 6 more, so would have damn near "doubled" the "extremist violence" of the Demcorat/Left the year it occurred.

Since ADL doesn't disclose its criteria, the likelihood is that they have twisted their criteria to manufacture a "RIGHT WING VIOLENCE DOUBLES IN 2017" headline.
While --of course!-- year after year downplaying "left-wing" violence.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-04 5:07 AM

It was the "Lie of the Year" as cited by Factcheck, M E M!
That's a very significant lie, and far from Obama's only one.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter...e-plan-keep-it/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/11/11/fact-check-keeping-your-health-plan/3500187/

How about "not a smidgen of corruption" in the Lois Lerner/IRS harassment and auditing of conservative groups in 2010-2012.

Or the deliberate misinformation about the Sept 2012 Benghazi attack, where Obama and Hillary's own later-revealed e-mails to others proved to unquestionably be knowing liars in the narrative they fronted for months.

ANY of those three alone >>FAR<< exceed the worst misstatements or lies of anyone in the Trump administration. And there are far more. And that's not even including the current DOJ/FBI and FISA court abuses, and vindictive/selective prosecutions, that are nothing short of a political coup.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-05 2:37 AM
Obama's lie of the year wouldn't even be a blip on Trump's. Now that you have a lying piece of shit with an R behind his name it's the Factcheck you attack as long with the FBI, media, woman, dem party and any republicans that don't tow the Trump lies. No criminal charges in the IRS scandal btw with Trump administration not pursuing it further. If that was a democrat administration I suspect you would be calling them out for their corruption for not pursuing it further.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-05 5:44 PM

Yeah, Obama and Hillary using DOJ, FBI, CIA and NSA, and the FISA court, to hire foreign nationals to attempt to bait Trump officials into entrapment on "Russia collusion" they never initiated, and when that woulddn't work ensnaring them with perjury traps, and resurrecting charcges (Manafort) FBI didn't have evidence to pursue 12 years ago, all in an attempt to launch a coup to remove Trump as our elected president, that's barely a blip, right? Just an abuse of power that eclipses Watergate.

And before that, Obama weaponized the IRS in 2010-2012, to win an election by a narrow 1% that Obama should have lost, if not for his abuse of power.

You've yet to name any "Trump lies" that compare in any way to the enormous Obama/Hillary scandals I've listed.

And McCain chose to involve himself in the Deep State conspiracy to undermine and cripple Trump. I was astonished when Romney also came out of the woodwork to attack and try to destroy Trump's candidacy. Both failed milquetoast Republican presidential candidates with little credibility left, both who lost elections they should have won. Trump gave them a lesson on how to do that.

And I would imagine that the same people who buried the Hillary/e-mails investigation in 2016 are the same people who buried the Lois Lerner investigation.
Both of which STILL WARRANT PROSECUTION.

With a new attorney general, that will happen. I find it really odd that Jeff Sessions, who was the very first prominent Republican to endorse Trump and make his 2016 victory possible, has been so dithering and obstructive as attorney general. It's as if someone put a gun to his head and told him not to, and intimidated or blackmailed him into not investigating.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-06 3:15 AM
Or he's putting country before party.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-06 2:13 PM

Or Sessions is driven by ulterior motives. No one but a liberal partisan could call the FBI/DOJ investigation of Trump (as compared to the Hillary investigation where they handed out immunity like candy, in exchange for nothing) to the aggressive prosecution of Trump officials with perjury traps and sentences WAY beyond what is normally given others for similar charges to be equal justice under the law. Sessions is either a Deep State agent, or is incompetent. In either case, he won't be there mucch longer.

Likewise, Rod Rosenstein should be criminally prosecuted for submitting evidence he knew to be false to get a FISA warrant. To get spy surveillance on the president and his staff, no less.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-09 5:04 PM
?..Now that you have a lying piece of shit with an R behind his name it's the Factcheck you attack as long with the FBI, media, woman, dem party and any republicans that don't tow the Trump lies....

Sessions isn't an anomaly. You continue to try to make Trump a victim WB instead of holding him to any type of accountability.
Posted By: the G-man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-10 4:08 AM
Getting back to McCain: The last week of Kavanuagh hearings, and the antics of Corey "Spartacus" Booker, Kamala "selectively edited quotes" Harris, Chuck Schumer and others, pretty much gave lie to the idea the Democrats really value the civility and "fair play" they claimed to admire in McCain.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-11 2:50 AM

Not to mention lunatic Rep. Maxine "I'm gonna get him" Waters, and her call to antagonize every Trump White House staffer in the street, and intimidate them into resigning.

Like I said before, exalting John McCain (who Democrats and the liberal media demonized in 2008, and even called him a racist until recently) is just using McCain as a way to attack Trump, by comparing Trump to the "lion of a man" (MSNBC). The same "lion" the media was attacking themselves 8 years ago, who could never achieve what Trump has in just 18 months as president. Trump could give lessons to McCain in how to win a presidential election and actually achieve, well... all the things McCain bashed Trump for achieving, that McCain couldn't. Trump is far from the only one, of millions of voters, who put their trust in McCain (and Romney) who humiliatingly lost elections they should have won.

If either one of them were the "lion" that Trump is.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-12 2:35 AM
Getting back to McCain, it is truly sad how so much of his party fucked him over because he didn't lower himself to Trump's level. On the other hand he went out with his values and principles intact leaving the guy who just did a double fist pump on 9/11 looking like the piece of poo he's always been.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-12 3:00 PM
And by "lower himself to Trump's level" you mean repeal Obamacare, as the majority of the country, and certainly even more so the overwhelming majority of the Republican party, has wanted repealed, has campaigned on repealing, for years.

"Lowering himself to Trump's level" means keeping his campaign promises. Which Trump did, and McCain didn't.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-13 5:03 AM
I'm comparing bone spurs to a person who actually sacrificed a lot in service to his country. Your golden calf created less jobs in his first 18 months than Obama did in his last 18 months. And deficit spending is at a record high. It will go down I suspect when Mexico pays for that wall, lol.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-13 11:19 AM

I'm comparing bone spurs to a person who actually sacrificed a lot in service to his country. Your golden calf created less jobs in his first 18 months than Obama did in his last 18 months. And deficit spending is at a record high. It will go down I suspect when Mexico pays for that wall, lol.

Such hatred...
\:\(

And smoke-and-mirrors rationalization. No one can dispute that Trump's performance across the board far surpasses Obama's, and W. Bush's as well, with overall economic numbers that are the best since 2000. And in the cases of black unemployment (statistically tracked since 1972), women's unemployment (since 1952), and hispanic unemployment (tied with its historic low) the lowest ever recorded since statisics on them began!

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-13 11:38 AM
U.S. MANUFACTURING OPTIMISM REACHES ALL TIME HIGH

Quote:
For America's manufacturers, the glass is nearly full.

The National Association of Manufacturers latest Manufacturers' Outlook Survey shows that 95% of manufacturers are positive about their company's outlook over the next 12 months—an all-time high.

The association attributes this optimism to federal pro-growth policies, including tax reform.

More than 550 small, medium, and large manufacturers responded to the survey, and nearly all were positive about the coming year.

Of the small manufacturers who responded, 90% expressed optimism for the next 12 months. That number grew to 96% for medium-size manufacturers, and an astounding 98% for large manufacturers.

"This record optimism is no accident," said NAM president and CEO Jay Timmons.

"It is fueled by the game-changing tax reform passed six months ago."

Oh yeah, Trump is so bad for America...

So much worse that a gobalist self-promoting turncoat on the Republican party, with a tendency for siding against his own party, and trading favors with George Soros, a globalist who has plainly stated his goal to overthrow the United States. (as detailed in THE SHADOW PARTY by David Horowitz, as well as many other books on the subject).

Your enthusiasm for McCain is rooted in his undermining the Republican party for the last 20 years, with a byproduct of benefiting the corrupt Democrats, whose quantifiable damage to this country you absolutely refuse to acknowledge.

Your party now openly talks about killing government officials, hating cops, met and gave prestige to cop killer Black Lives Matter racists in the White House (Barack Obama), calls police "pigs" (Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Black Lives Matter, and other Democrats who endorse BLM), hating our military and comparing them to Nazi stormtroopers (Sen. Dick Durbin), endorses intimidation and violence against Trump officials and openly attacking Republican officials (Rep. Maxine Waters, John Hodgekinson, and several Democrat strategists who called for more Hodgekinson-style shootings on social media after the shooting), and even attacking Republicans who simply walk in the street in a "Make America Great Again" hat.
By undermining Trump with incredible animosity, McCain endorsed and sided with this insanity, this Democrat rationalization of violence and intolerance, sided against America.

As do you, M E M.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-14 4:41 AM
Well despite what you claim and accuse, I love America. I respect McCain's sacrifice and service to this country.
Posted By: Pariah Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-15 12:21 AM
5:04 - "...John McCain was put to death..."

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-15 4:55 PM

Apparently even the more limited Youtube linking on RKMB is no longer working, so I guess from now on, we'll have to do it this way from now on:

John Kasich calls Trump the 'commander of the chaos'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUyCaKo86E

Kasich has apparently appointed himself McCain's RINO turncoat successor.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-15 5:23 PM
Well despite what you claim and accuse, I love America. I respect McCain's sacrifice and service to this country.

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this right away. I hope over the years I've made it clear that despite how we disagree, M E M, I still like you and enjoy discussions with you.

I don't think you are unpatriotic, I think you are firmly Democrat, and your unyeilding loyalty to the Democrats makes you unwilling to see or acknowledge the hate, Cultural Marxist ideology and Machevellian tactics of your own party. I think you are in denial about what the Democrats are truly doing, and choose not to see it. And I think you are too intelligent and politically informed to not see their clear deception and Cultural Marxism, unless out of loyalty to other aspects of the Democrat Party, you just simply choose not to look at it.

More directly, I believe you love America, and are not treasonous, M E M.
But your party is.
And by continuing to give them your loyalty, you are unwittingly helping them destroy our country. They undermine our border security, overwhelm us with immigration (both legal and illegal) doing long term damage to our national identity just so they can win elections in the short term with a new permanent Democrat majority, while destroying the country in the long term. They have destroyed our military that would have remained technologically superior forever if not for Obama's sequestrations. They are stoking racial division at every turn, splintering the nation for their own political gain (again, while destroying national unity, just for their short-term gain). Doubling the debt in 8 years. And until Trump, driving manufacturing and jobs overseas, because an unemployed American population dependent on government assistance is a reliable Democrat voter base. Trump has reversed that.

And I quickly add, the globalists and those just enriching themselves on globalist/corporate money infect both Democrats and Republicans in Washington. And the establishment Republicans are only slightly better, if at all, than the Democrats on many of these issues.

And then out of nowhere comes Donald Trump to throw a wrench in this and (i can't resist) monkey with this, to try and restore Constitutional freedoms and break up the two-headed globalist/corporate bipartisan monster that is destroying the country.

My hope is in Trump and in the Tea-Party-wing of the legislative branches, and in restoration of the Supreme Court and lower courts to a rule-of-law branch instead of a liberal-activist branch.

As I've said before, Trump is in truth not Democrat or Republican, he has in fact been both. Trump is essentially an independent reformer who was smart enough to run on the Republican ticket to win. And is pursuing common-sense pragmatic policy to reform what is destroying us from the decades-long corruption on both sides. And Trump has, quite frankly, far exceeded my wildest expectations of what he could do as president, despite the long knives for him at every turn from both sides of the political aisle.

Why you can't see that, from as closely as you follow politics, M E M, is a complete mystery to me. Even if you are completely relying on MediaMatters and the maistream liberal media for your facts, you should be able to see their version of the facts is a false narrative that has giant holes punched through it every day. Almost every day things are alleged by Trump in the media, and a day or two later, the media's account turns out to be completely false. As one example, Sen. Diane Feinstein alleged yesterday on the last day of Kavenaugh confirmation hearings that he has a history of allegations of sexual abuse going back to when he was a student. By the end of the day, 64 women, including one of his alleged accusers, voiced ssupport of Kavanaugh and debunked the story as completely false. Every network on a regular basis has been exposed repeatedly jumping the gun with allegations against Trump, and been forced to retract or at least ignore it. Many reporters and producers have been fired. An honest person would have to acknowledge that they are out to get Trump, and gotten it wrong almost every time. And that despite the media's unwillingness to report it, Trump has quantifiably better performance than any president since at least 2000, and has more accomplishments than any president since Reagan, or possibly FDR.

But hey, believe what you want, it won't change what Trump is achieving every day.

Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-15 5:55 PM

And on Obama crippling the U.S. military and destroying its technological superiority, as has been reported recently, that the U.S. military has lost that technological edge over Russiaa and China...

...that was certainly reported by conservative media as Barack Obama's STATED PLAN TO JEOPARDIZE U.S. MILITARY SUPERIORITY in Obama's own quoted comments in 2008, back when Obama was just a presidential candidate. If the Obama-Newspeak mainstream media had bothered to report it.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2018-09-15 6:25 PM
So does it puzzle you that Russia helped Trump win? As for your previous post, I honestly think a lot of it applies to you actually. McCain actually put country before party. I didn't expect much in this thread but I think in time more of his party will appreciate him after Trump goes down.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2019-06-01 1:02 PM
Still waiting for that to happen, M E M. Trump on any given day is usually 2 points higher in the polls than either Obama or Bill Clinton.
https://saraacarter.com/rasmussen-poll-president-trump-approval-rating-at-52/
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-08/trump-approval-rating-4-higher-obama-far-presidency
At least 9 times in the last year reaching over 50%. As high as 53%.

It puzzles me that Russia wanted Trump to win, when they had to know Hillary Clinton would have been a far weaker leader, that would far more enable Russian aggression worldwide. Whereas Trump is pushing back harder against Russia than any president has in 40 years.

I was a bit amused by this...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/politics/navy-uss-mccain/index.html
Both the situation itself, and the way the liberal media jumped all over it as another way to attack Trump.

McCain is the guy who Trump campaigned for, at McCain's request, and then with the Obamacare vote McCain hid his intentions and snuck in at the last minute and , without telling anyone in advance, voted against repealing Obamacare to spite and undermine Trump. By those actions and others, McCain is not what I call an honorable and ethical guy. But there were actions of his I supported, such as the troop surge in 2008-2009.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: RIP John McCain - 2019-06-03 2:16 AM
I really don't believe McCain voted against the Obamacare repeal just out of spite. If it had passed it would have been a mess for your party. All these years and still no plan for an actual replacement. It's worth noting that you're attacking somebody that's been dead for a while on a day where the story broke out that the WH tried having the ship with McCain's name on it kept out of President bone spurs sight. That is petty in my book.
Posted By: Wonder Boy Re: RIP John McCain - 2019-06-03 10:17 AM
I really don't believe McCain voted against the Obamacare repeal just out of spite. If it had passed it would have been a mess for your party. All these years and still no plan for an actual replacement. It's worth noting that you're attacking somebody that's been dead for a while on a day where the story broke out that the WH tried having the ship with McCain's name on it kept out of President bone spurs sight. That is petty in my book.

I've said good and bad things about McCain. Toward the end, McCain was a RINO and a thorn in the side of his own party. After 2000, the only action I can think of that I unwaveringly supported of McCain's was the troop surge in Iraq (2008-2009).

McCain shot himself in the foot in the 2008 campaign.

First he voted for the 700 billion TARP bailout, that he should have opposed, and delayed the vote a few days, holding out for a smaller and less wasteful package. Two years after TARP, most of its funds were still sitting in accounts undisbursed. When McCain voted for that extravagant waste, just as Obama and the Dems did, there was nothing to separate him from Obama.

Second, McCain refused to attack Obama's cultural marxist radical history, or the radical things Obama said during the campaign.
Like "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, energy prices would necessarily skyrocket."
Or how Obama planned to: "Jeopardize U.S. military technogical superiority." (And he did.)
Or how anyone who didn't support Obama was "clinging to their antipahty toward people different than themselves, clinging to their guns and religion." Interesting how Puerto Ricans who voted in the primary for Hillary Clinton weren't portrayed as racists, but whites in West Virginia and Pennsylvania were!
Or: "Just a few days away from fundamental transformation of America."
Or: "We need a civilian armed force just as strong as our military."
Among other cultural marxist radical ideas, from the clear template of his Cultural Marxist ideology (ideology taken from Obama Sr., Bill Ayers), Liberation theology (of Rev. Jeremiah Wright) and Anti-Colonialism (Rashid Khalidi, Obama Sr.), and Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals indoctrinated beliefs.

All this was RIGHT THERE for McCain to expose, and politically destroy the soft moderate image Obama and the complicit media had created for him to get him through the 2008 campaign.
But McCain didn't.
And by not doing it, he not only lost the election in 2008, but also unleashed Obama and his authoritarian Bolshevik cut-throats on the nation.
* Weaponizing the IRS on his conservative opposition.
* Using the ATF to run guns to Mexican cartels, that got a border guard killed, along eith many Mexicans. Originally a plot to blame gun retailers, until Obama/ATF's fingerprints on it prevented the planned crackdown on the gun industry.
* And most importantly, using FBI/DOJ/NSA surveillance to do opposition research on the Trump campaign, unmasking that data to sabotage Trump's candidacy. And failing that, to frame Trump and his aides with crimes to cripple and stall his presidency. A far greater over-reach than even Watergate. Attempting to overthrow an elected Republican administration.

And even more Obaama-orchestrated chaos worldwide.

Obama in his 8 years collapsed U.S. power in the middle east, by:

1) supporting the Arab Spring that overthrew Mubarek in Egypt and replaced him with a muslim Brotherhood government as radical as the Iranian government, only dislodged because of an internal coup by the Egyptian military. Certainly not because of Obama.

2) Pulling all troops, including U.S. intelligence, out of Iraq in Dec 2011, de-stabilizing the coalition government and fragmenting trust between he Kurds, Shias and Sunnis that had been building until then. Until Obama destroyed it. The Shias with no U.S. presence removed all Sunnis from political and military positions of power, and attacked them. Directly leading them to align with the most radical Sunni force in the region, ISIS, and a enabling an ISIS blitzkreig that took half of Iraq and Syria and led to the deaths of tens of thousands of slaughtered civilians.

3) Obama's unilateral choice to invade Libya and kill Khadaffi (who had become a U.S. ally and informat in recent years) with no congressional authorization. Then after Libya was destroyed and de-stabilized, Obama would not give the new Libyan government any of the aid the Libyans requested to stabilize their country. Causing it to become a hotbed of ISIS and Al Qaida terrorism.

4) likewise Obama's weird mixture of threats and "red lines" followed by inaction in Syria.

And all four of these causing:

5) a massive exodus of millions of muslim refugees to Western nations in Europe, Canada and the U.S. and elsewhere, that are de-stabilizing western nations with immigrants who will never assimilate.

McCain's unwillingness to expose Obama's radicalism is what allowed all that to happen. Plus enabling ISIS' spread to 40 nations worldwide.

Plus Obamacare rammed down the throats of an unwilling America, 53% of whom opposed it in poll after poll, even a year after Obamacare's passage (by twisting the rules at every turn, and using every deception, "relying on the stupidity of the American voter" to quote Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber.)

Obamacare has cost trillions more than was promised it would cost, is only in effect for a very small group (mostly those who already have cancer or some other major illness), and has cost tens of millions of others their good and working healthcare insurance plans, and forced them to pay roughly double the premiums, for healthcare that is not as good.
But fortunately, this orchestrated failure was not further allowed by a President Hillary Clinton to usher in an even more wasteful and destructive state-run single payer system.

Likewise Obama's DACA amnesty for children of illegals, that set in motion the massive surge of illegals we're experiencing now. Aided by Democrat obstruction of Trump's every presidential action to repel and contain it.

No pushback by Obama at Iran building nukes. Giving them every concession in the Iran nuclear deal (and then hiding the deal from Congress, and deceiving the American public about the jaw droppingly weak concessions, until the deal was in effect.)

Obama's "strategic patience" with North Korea and China that has emboldened their aggression, and building military forces and islands in the South China sea.

One could mistake these for blunders and failures, if one did not understand the insideous ideology of Obama and his inner circle. Borrowing from Dinesh D'Souza:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAjGxvCc3qE

John McCain's half-baked unwillingness to fight in 2008 and simply expose the true facts in McCain's 2008 campaign is what allowed Obama and his Bolsheviks to be elected, and allowed all this to happen.

So yeah, I blame McCain, and it isn't nearly enough to say this.

And likewise, McCain did hide his true intent with the Obamacare repeal, and did come in at the last minute and cast his vote against Obamacare's repeal. In doing so McCain undermined Trump, undermined the Republican party, and undermined every Republican who voted for its repeal.

© RKMBs