Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Wonder Boy #906116 2008-01-06 8:53 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

I like both Huckabee and Romney. But I wouldn't vote for Huckabee, and I'm unsure of Romney. On Charlie Rose on PBS, I saw N Y Times writer David Brooks give a nice perspective on all the candidates, post-Iowa.
Regarding a debate exchange, he related Huckabee said to Romney: "I look like the guy people work with, you look like the guy who lays them off."

I thought that was a terrific line.

Despite his flaws, Huckabee definitely appeals to the blue-collar lower-middle-class working man, and that line contrasted well himself with the (perceived) relatively distant and well-monied Romney.

i notice that here, with no liberals, playing on class differences isn't an evil act to bring down America.

Bow ties are coool.
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Yeah. If Hillary had said that, you'd read 10 paragraphs of Wonder Boy showing how the evil liberal has fooled the minorities and the poor to hate the rich white man.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

I like both Huckabee and Romney. But I wouldn't vote for Huckabee, and I'm unsure of Romney. On Charlie Rose on PBS, I saw N Y Times writer David Brooks give a nice perspective on all the candidates, post-Iowa.
Regarding a debate exchange, he related Huckabee said to Romney: "I look like the guy people work with, you look like the guy who lays them off."

I thought that was a terrific line.

Despite his flaws, Huckabee definitely appeals to the blue-collar lower-middle-class working man, and that line contrasted well himself with the (perceived) relatively distant and well-monied Romney.

i notice that here, with no liberals, playing on class differences isn't an evil act to bring down America.

Originally Posted By: whomod
Yeah. If Hillary had said that, you'd read 10 paragraphs of Wonder Boy showing how the evil liberal has fooled the minorities and the poor to hate the rich white man.

There's a huge difference between demonizing all rich people, as you do, and simply pointing out the demographics of what audience (rich/poor, white/black/hispanic, under 40/over 40, etc...) is voting for a particular candidate, and analyzing their appeal to that demographic group.

If you want to make it a big issue, why don't you argue with the pundits on Meet the Press, PBS News Hour, and the McLaughlin Group, all of whom, and many more probably, have raised the issue that I simply cited above.

Wonder Boy #906230 2008-01-07 1:48 AM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

There's a huge difference between demonizing all rich people, as you do...

suuure Wonder Boy, suuuure.

whomod #906235 2008-01-07 2:00 AM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Yeah, your thing is more demonizing rich Republicans, while ignoring that Democrats (such as John Kerry) are just as wealthy.

Ray Adler incriminated himself all over the place in the inheritance tax topic a few weeks ago, where a number of others here handed him his own ass, pointed out how prejudicial and wrongheaded his views are.

Wonder Boy #906236 2008-01-07 2:03 AM
Feared by the RKMB morons
3000+ posts
3000+ posts

Yeah, your thing is more demonizing rich Republicans, while ignoring that Democrats (such as John Kerry) are just as wealthy.

Ray Adler incriminated himself all over the place in the inheritance tax topic a few weeks ago, where a number of others here handed him his own ass, pointed out how prejudicial and wrongheaded his views are.

Think I'll celebrate my new Youtube posting powers with a gift for Wonderboy-

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So you get your political advice from 8-year-old girls?

Seriously, the excrement she was spewing is clearly not written by an 8-year-old, and the liberal who scripted, instructed and videotaped her to spew that profanity-laden anti-Christian/anti-Republican rant should be up on charges for child abuse.

Other than that, it's the usual liberal rant about, republicans are evil, republicans are racists, etc etc.
Ignoring, of course, that Bush, whatever faults his presidency had, reached out to minority voters, and appointed more minorities to high-level positions than any Democrat administration. And that guys like Giuliani, McCain, Huckabee, etc, are all taking sympathetic stances toward illegals immigrants.

And as I pointed out before, many of the major steps toward civil rights for black Americans occurred in the Eisenhower years. Most significantly, Brown -vs- the Board of Education, and Eisenhower's enforcing the Supreme Court ruling with National Guard troops, to insure black students got safely to class in their integrated Little Rock high school. If "all republicans" were "white racists", Eisenhower could have just ignored the Supreme Court's ruling, and not enforced it with National Guard troops, and let the unenforceable law just blow over.

So, from an 8-year-old's puppet-trained mouth no less, this is just more slander of Republicans.

Wonder Boy #906263 2008-01-07 3:00 AM
3000+ posts
3000+ posts

At least you didn't pull your vagina stunt again.

"Vagina stunt", that's funny...what's really funny is that the last thing that will enter people's mind upon seeing that is the notion that you actually got laid.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Halo82

"Vagina stunt", that's funny...what's really funny is that the last thing that will enter people's mind upon seeing that is the notion that you actually got laid.

Another baseless personal attack, that bypasses the issues raised.

Wonder Boy #906271 2008-01-07 3:19 AM
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Halo82

Another baseless personal attack, that bypasses the issues raised.

I might have had more to say if I'd have seen all the shit you editted into your last post. I'll take a look and see if there's any substance to respond to or at least material to mock you.

BTW, what's with the the link in your quote?

Wonder Boy #906275 2008-01-07 3:23 AM
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
 Quote:
Ignoring, of course, that Bush, whatever faults his presidency had, reached out to minority voters, and appointed more minorities to high-level positions than any Democrat administration

So fucking what? Most of the people he's appointed either A) had to resign cause they were incompetent or B) Bush kicked'em out as either a scapegoat or cause they didn't suck his dick.

Quote:
So, from an 8-year-old's puppet-trained mouth no less, this is just more slander of Republicans.

I find it funny how guys like you are always looking for the Marrionette strings on this girl. Maybe it was just a comedy skit?

Sounds to me like you're projecting...again.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Wonder Boy #906840 2008-01-08 10:09 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

I "incriminated" myself? Why by having a different opinion than you do? Now jesus will call me a weasel.

Bow ties are coool.
Wonder Boy #906841 2008-01-08 10:12 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

If you want to make it a big issue, why don't you argue with the pundits on Meet the Press, PBS News Hour, and the McLaughlin Group, all of whom, and many more probably, have raised the issue that I simply cited above.

because they're all evil liberals. and whomod and myself swore a sacred vow of the aborted baby jesus fetus that we would work to undermine the godly republicans.

then jesus called me a weasel and rewrote the bible to include sections on not taking shit from people and turning the other cheek so you can get a gun.

Bow ties are coool.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Y'know, Bill Clinton has no problem saying that he's benefited from Bush's tax cuts BUT that they should be repealed because they only benefit his class and hurt the middle class and poor.

That's responsible and admirable rather than gluttonous and callous, as is the wont of many people on the right.

You act as if the very notion of being rich is a bad thing to Democrats or something...

whomod #906875 2008-01-08 12:58 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Y'know, Bill Clinton has no problem saying that he's benefited from Bush's tax cuts BUT that they should be repealed because they only benefit his class and hurt the middle class and poor.

but he got a blow job. granted it didn't cost trillions of dollars, kill hundreds of thousands, and the rest of the world liked him.
but still...a blow job!

Quote:
That's responsible and admirable rather than gluttonous and callous, as is the wont of many people on the right.

he got a blow job! your liberal pro-ejaculation stance is sickening. just because your "science" teaches that such activities can lower stress and release endorphines, doesn't mean that my religion's "sex is evil" stance isn't the right way.
why don't you go back to mexico, hippie! i hate liberals so MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
You act as if the very notion of being rich is a bad thing to Democrats or something...

welfare state, 9/11, gay marriage.
jesus would so totally rape you with a broken wine bottle (interestingly he transformed a water bottle into the wine bottle and then broke it).

Bow ties are coool.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I just "love" the way that you take every possible legitimate criticism of Clinton--his perjury, his obstruction of justice, his sleazy business dealings, his firing employees for political reasons, his failed health care plan, his failure to take out Bin Laden when he could,etc.--and pretend they don't exist, in lieu of pretending that the only thing he was ever criticized for was a blow job.

the G-man #906889 2008-01-08 1:20 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
his failure to take out Bin Laden when he could

Suuure, G-Man, suuure.

the G-man #906890 2008-01-08 1:22 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I just "love" the way that you take every possible legitimate criticism of Clinton--his perjury, his obstruction of justice, his sleazy business dealings, his firing employees for political reasons, his failed health care plan, his failure to take out Bin Laden when he could,etc.--and pretend they don't exist, in lieu of pretending that the only thing he was ever criticized for was a blow job.

Well seeing as how the same Republicans (and Fox News) who were so tough on him and made a big deal about it "morality" grounds are the same ones-like yourself-who minimize Bush for his lies (he avoided perjury by refusing to speak under oath), his obstruction of justice, his failed business dealings and Cheney's sleazy business dealings, his firing employees for political reasons, his failed war (that killed hundreds of thousands by now), his ignoring a CIA warning that Bin Laden was going to attack the US, etc.

Clinton wasn't perfect but the whole Paula Jones mess was something that your lot blew out of proportion. Arkansas Project, Fallwell, Coulter all worked to bring Clinton down from the day he was elected. My dad was a bit of a religious nut so I saw the video they released were Fallwell accuses Clinton of killing two kids and throwing them under a train to cover up his drug smuggling. There were allegations of various land fraud, and killing Vince Foster. Yet at the end of the day, after millions spent on an investigation that was run by a republican the best you could get was that he lied under oath about cheating on his wife.

Let's shine the light on Bush. Let a Democrat dig into his dealings. Even without such an investigation we already have so many more serious crimes and wrong that Bush has comitted, that people like you overlook or justify.

And I remember clearly that when Clinton tried going after bin Laden, he was accused of making up some boogeyman to distract America from Lewinsky.
In fact using Republican logic, that questioning the war hurts our troops, one could argue that had the Republicans not been hounding him so and shown some support, Clinton could've gotten bin Laden and 9/11 would never have happened.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Fox:
  • Michigan native Mitt Romney won the affection of the largest plurality of poll-goers in the state Tuesday, pulling ahead of rival John McCain by appealing to the Republican base with an economic message.

With 20 percent of the voting in, Romney was at 40 percent over McCain with 30 percent. Mike Huckabee had 15 percent while Ron Paul polled at 6 percent. Fred Thompson had 4 percent and Rudy Giuliani was at 3 percent.

“Tonight proves you can’t tell an American there’s something they just can’t do because Americans can do whatever they set their hearts on, and tonight is a victory of optimism over Washington-style pessimism,” Romney said from his campaign headquarters in Grand Rapids, Mich. “The lobbyists and the politicians realize that America now understands that Washington is broken and we’re going to do something about it.”

the G-man #911498 2008-01-16 1:39 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Romney pretty much needed this win.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's true. If he hadn't won here he was probably finished.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
What Ray said:

Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

I "incriminated" myself? Why by having a different opinion than you do? Now jesus will call me a weasel.

What I actually said:

Originally Posted By: WB
You're such a lying weasel, Ray.
Jesus would call a lying slanderous weasel like you a lying slanderous weasel.

...You consistently paraphrase and ad-lib myself and anyone else you disagree with, to falsely paint us as goose-stepping white-racist Nazis, and haters of some kind or other, to slanderously morph us into your pre-conceived stereotype of whatever it is you love to hate.

I'm the one who just posts my opinion on these boards. You're the one who online-stalks me, vomiting out every last ounce of your hatred at me, every time I post. And then you have the audacity to talk about "anger" and "hate", and not behaving like Jesus. Oh, the irony.

You're one of the most miserable human beings I've ever encountered. And if you're this unpleasant on a message board, I can only imagine how ugly and unbearable you must be in person.

Basically what I said is that you clearly are a liar. And Jesus, would expose you for the liar that you are.

Wonder Boy #913320 2008-01-20 1:53 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Romney Takes Nevada.

Currently, Romney is in the lead for the nomination, having the most number of delegates.

the G-man #914021 2008-01-22 12:08 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney has released a new Spanish-language campaign ad in Florida entitled Mi Padre (My Father), featuring Romney’s son, Craig. Craig encourages voters to “get to know my father, Mitt Romney.” Romney himself then chimes in with: Soy Mitt Romney y apruebo este mensaje (I’m Mitt Romney and I approved this message). Watch it:

It’s interesting that Romney is so interested in reaching out to Latino voters in Spanish. In the past, he has been stridently English-only:

Quote:

“English needs to be the language that is spoken in America. We cannot be a bilingual nation like Canada.” [3/07]

“You strengthen the American people by securing our borders and by insisting that the children who come legally to this land are taught in English.” [3/2/07]

In September, the Spanish-language television network Univision had to cancel a GOP presidential debate when only Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) agreed to attend.

But with the important Florida presidential primary — and its large number of Latino voters — approaching, the candidates are going all-out to pander for votes. Earlier this month, Giuliani also released a campaign ad en español on at least three Spanish-language television stations in Miami, despite his vocal support for English-only policies.

whomod #914022 2008-01-22 12:09 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Is he fucking high.....he treats the Hispanics like shit and then trys to get their votes?

PJP #914023 2008-01-22 12:11 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
desperation and hypocrisy are funny.

whomod #917126 2008-01-27 5:11 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
American Spectator
  • At Keiser University here on Wednesday, Romney stood before a banner that read "Economic Turnaround" with the sleeves of his white dress shirt immaculately rolled up, and spoke about how his successful career in the private sector made him ideally suited to be the steward of an uncertain economy.

"I didn't spend my life in politics, that's not how I got going," Romney explained. "I spent 25 years in the private sector, in business."

While Romney has made his business background a part of his presidential run from the beginning, his image as a corporate turnaround artist was obscured as he aggressively courted social conservatives and attempted to prove he was tough on national security.

As the former venture capitalist talking about the scourge of global jihad from his front lawn, or as the recently converted pro-lifer touting his support for the Human Life Amendment, Romney came across as artificial.

In the early nominating contests, voters who wanted an authentic social conservative went with Mike Huckabee, and those who were looking for a strong commander-in-chief during a time of war got behind John McCain.

NOW, SEIZING ON growing economic unease, Romney has begun to employ populist rhetoric, and frame every issue as an economic challenge.

"The things I'm hearing from people as I go from town to town and city to city are actually pretty similar as I go across Florida," he said. "People are concerned about the economy, what's happening to jobs...A lot of families are feeling an economic squeeze."

the G-man #917144 2008-01-27 5:49 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
we're wearing spacesuits now, are we?

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Huh?

Are you on medical marijuana or something?

That made no sense.

the G-man #917150 2008-01-27 6:08 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Huh?

Are you medical marijuana or something?

That made no sense.

It's from Mormontology, the cool religion where Jesus fights aliens.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I get it. You mixed up Mormonism with Scientology for a second. That's pretty funny.

the G-man #917172 2008-01-27 6:49 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I get it. You mixed up Mormonism with Scientology for a second. That's pretty funny.

I'm well versed in both actually.

Though if you look at Joseph Smith, he did kind of look like an alien.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
even sober!

(which wasn't often)

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I was watching the GOP debate the other night, and had it TiVo'd, and all of a sudden I hear someone whispering about cutting taxes a second before Romney starts talking about cutting taxes. I went back, checked the tape, and there's the little ghost whispering about cutting taxes. Well, it gets better. Romney's staff admits he wears an earpiece through which they tell him what to do. Was Romney wearing such an earpiece during the debate, was that who we heard whispering? And this raises the issue, again, of Bush's rather obvious use of an earpiece to funnel him talking points - something the media has refused to follow up on, and which was painfully obvious especially a few years ago.

And again, the instant replay...

Fucking cheater.

Quote:
During Gov. Romney’s speech, one of his handlers mentioned to one of our staff people that any time Gov. Romney needed to wrap things up, he would be happy to let Gov. Romney know through the ear-piece that he wore.

Being unfamiliar with whether or not presidential candidates wear Jack Bauer-like ear pieces, I simply assumed this was common practice.

All that changed during the most recent debate.

During the Republican debate recently held in Florida, there was a very strange moment when a whisper was heard over the television. Apparently, those in the auditorium, including the candidates, were unable to hear it, but those watching on television heard it clearly.

Moderator Tim Russert asked Romney the question on Reagan -- “Will you do for social security what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?” Immediately following Russert’s question, there is an audible statement in just one channel of audio saying “not raise taxes.”
Then Romney says “I’m not going to raise taxes…”

Could Romney’s so-called economic expertise be actually some sort of Wizard of Oz operation? Are we dealing with a real-life Manchurian Candidate?

Gov. Romney needs state for the record whether or not he wore an ear piece the night of the debate and whether or not his policy is phoned in or actually his own ideas.

Dr. Jerry Zandstra
Chairman, Americans for Prosperity of Michigan

whomod #917293 2008-01-27 10:41 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
NBC: Romney Earpiece Rumor Debunked
  • After reviewing the tapes, NBC determined that an open mic picked up a whisper from the audience. It is unclear who it is that says it, but it was not said by any of the candidates, was not heard in the hall and, more importantly, not heard by the candidates.

Geez, whomod, it took me all of thirty seconds to find this from two days ago, and from one of the big three networks, not some right wing blog. Do a little research before you post these wild conspiracy theories, okay?

the G-man #917323 2008-01-27 11:24 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I did one better, I posted the actual video. And I still don't buy it. A random mic will pick up a random conversation, not pick up the exact thing he utters right afterwards.

whomod #917330 2008-01-27 11:32 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I posted the actual video. And I still don't buy it. A random mic will pick up a random conversation, not pick up the exact thing he utters right afterwards.

Well, then that settles it. Whomod watched a Youtube clip. Cased closed.

After all, videos can't be dubbed, or suffer from technical difficulties or anything of the sort.

And, obviously, it isn't like NBC has a vast army of journalists and sound technicians at their disposal (not to mention GE scientists at their parent company).

And, naturally, a major TV news organization would have no interest whatsoever is scooping their rivals and proving that a frontrunning presidential candidate of one of the two major political parties was cheating during a debate.

And, finally, there's little, if any, chance that someone in an audience at a political debate would be able to anticipate what sound bite a candidate is going to utter in response to a question. After all, it isn't like Republican candidates have ever promised not to raise taxes. Who could ever anticipate an answer like that?

No, people, whomod must be right. His masterful viewing of a YouTube clip has scooped the world. He is like the Woodward and Bernstein of video file sharing.

Dust off your mantle, whomod, that Pulitzer has to be on its way.

the G-man #917526 2008-01-28 5:12 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I posted the actual video. And I still don't buy it. A random mic will pick up a random conversation, not pick up the exact thing he utters right afterwards.

After all, videos can't be dubbed, or suffer from technical difficulties or anything of the sort.

Why are you so down on youtube? You say youtube like that instantly debunks it. Is it because most Republican actions come off worse when seen and heard? That it's easier to spin Bush and companies idiocy and attitude with just the transcripts?
No one at all is saying this video was dubbed, your story says it came from the audience. So whomod is just making the valid point that it's an amazing coincidence that the mike picked something up from the audience a split second before Romney himself said the same thing.

Bow ties are coool.
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Well not only one instance but as the 2nd YouTube clip shows, it happened a second time.

It was either someone feeding him lines or else fucking Karnac the Great happened to be the guy in the audience that the mic was picking up.

Originally Posted By: G-Man

And that's just lame right there considering that the you Tube video wasn't the source of this but the BROADCAST which millions of people heard live as it happened. The YouTube clip merely replays it for you.

I tell you, must you treat every bit of info like a slimy lawyer who feigns reading comprehension in the hopes that someone might not be paying too close attention and thus it might bolster his argument?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard