#299230 2004-06-05 6:49 PM
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Nightwing 1.0 - as he is now:

As Robin the Boy Wonder, Dick Grayson spent his teen years as the Dark Knight's partner, coupling his amazing agility and natural skill with Batman's stern and rigorous training. After a falling out with his mentor, Grayson took on the persona of Nightwing and led the Titans in that guise until reconciling with Bruce Wayne, and returning to work with Batman in Gotham and sister-city Blüdhaven

your task: reinvent the character.

redetail the character in every aspect you desire; origins, powers, continuity, villains, costume (include sketches if you'd like). change and improve anything and everything from the original design, but with full knowledge that you'd still like to appeal to the original audience (i.e; be careful not to change too much)

together, we could relaunch the entire character - devise a working backstory, plot, drive, and appeal. right all the wrongs set forth by our predecessors. upgrade, update, enhance, depower, redesign... rebirth the character as your own, version 2.0!

Other "Character 2.0" threads

giant picture
1 post
1 post
to improve nightwing?

all of his current solo-title crap aside, i would like if the character stopped the continual snipping with bruce/batman. by now, they should be over their little fights. you guys think differently, we know. we get it.

don't swear to god, swear to me!
500+ posts
500+ posts
Nightwings a hard choice to change. He is primarily a "Batman Jnr.", so redesigning him without Batman would just be like pulling the wonderfully 90's name off and putting it on someone completely different

Only thing I could think of on short notice, was: Dick being innerly tormented by his parents murder. He couldnt put it past him and fight like Bruce [maybe his parents should have been tortured in front of him...?]. This manifests itself over time as he grows to his late teens and is already firmly in the position of Robin. Gotham criminals killing people in front of him and relatively small Gotham problems, like wife-beating and pimps whoring women out, all cause him to lose control very easily. He hides his uncontrollable anger from Batman for a while, but it becomes increasingly worse, even as far as killing some of Batman sickest enemies for their crimes. Batman tries to stop this, but cant bring himself to split from Dick and turn him down the path even more. Part of Bruce wants to accept what he's doing but just cant. He also feels a deep love for Dick as his ward/brother/son and doesnt want to see him walk this path. Increased violence eventually has Dick leave Gotham after the Kingpin of the city is 'accidentally' killed. He cuts the police corruption in Bludhaven and begins systematically stalking and destroying Blockbusters operations in the city, toying and infuriating him. Blockie calls in a few favours and arranges for some big names Dick has run into in the past to turn up and kill him. Deathstroke is the first to fall, then Lady Vic with a snapped neck. The numbers are too much though and Nightwing is soon strung up and tortured viciously, never giving into the pain. Anyway, Batman turns up, free's him, but ends up being killed by the Joker, which sets Nightwings demons free. 'Wing goes back to Gotham and clears house completely without the use of lethal force. He becomes even scarier and creepier than Batman, but also a pretty good guy [A new decent Gotham prison is built and all of the crazy villains are executed for their crimes]

"Now TV's all about format these days isn't it, and I've got a new type for you right here. Its me and Paris Hilton driving around in a car.... Now I know what you're thinking, but she's in the boot!" "So you see, 'Ring around the Rosey' refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease, a disease which.....a disease which....ZIM! Theres a Pigeon on you're head. You have 'Head Pigeons'. get to the Nurse before they spread to the other children." "Get off my lawn Cookie Beast!" --Invader Zim

Link Copied to Clipboard